Reviews of Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Leesburg 3 stars

1500 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176, USA

#7 of 8 hotels in Leesburg

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The staff tried to communicate the traffic difficulties as I...
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

No Porter to help carry my suitcases and the receptionist didn't offer to help. No lift but funny positioned stair cases. It was a little further from the airport than I wanted.

The staff tried to communicate the traffic difficulties as I arrived so it helped me move on time to avoid high traffic. I'm grateful to them for it. The breakfast was on time.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Convenient location less than stellar conditions.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Room was not as clean as expected. I found an old condom wrapper on the floor when putting my suitcase away which was unpleasant. The room itself was in decent condition but it was clear that it did not get a good cleaning before we checked in.

Location was good. Convenient to many shopping centers.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Don’t stay here until remodeling is done. Check 1st!
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The hotel is being remodeled. The side entrance was in desperate need of repair My room #105 smelled musty. I got up to use the bathroom late at night and skidded across the BR floor. Neighboring room shower had leaked into my bathroom leaving water on my floor! Fortunately I did not fall. It’s been doing that for a long time on closer inspection. I reported it to the desk clerk. I’ll be seeking a partial refund! This is not what I expect at a Clarion.

The location was where I needed to be

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The first room we were given someone had smoked in so they...
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The hairdryer in our room did not work and when I went to call the front desk to let them know - our phone was not working. The hallways looked pretty shabby and the breakfast was not very good.

The first room we were given someone had smoked in so they immediately found us another room. Our second room was clean.

It was convenient to our appointment and was all we expected of a Clarion. Keep up the good work!

Only stayed one night.

The room was nice, clean and close to the parking lot. Did not have time to use the pool, besides it was raining. Breakfast was good, but the potatoes were cold. Always like to book a hotel that includes breakfast. Very convenient. The hotel was conveniently close to our appointment. Another plus.

Friendly staff. Great location
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

It appears the premises need some upgrading. The ice machine in our hallway didn't work. The carpeting in our room looked old and dreary looking.

The employees were very friendly. The beds were very comfortable. We appreciated the complimentary breakfast. However it appears that the premises need some upgrading. The location was perfect--very close to our friends hiuse fand to the church where we were attending a memorial service.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Disgusting hotel
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The bathroom had not been cleaned because the soap was used and the shower area was wet, there was also an ant infestation around desk/counter area, plus a large cluster of dead ants in the light fixture of bathroom. Yuck!! There were hooks on the wall where a picture should have probably been. The toilet barely flushed. We were too disgusted to use the shower.

Disappointing.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

We stayed here as a way point on a trip further south, one night each stay. We've stayed here in the past without any real issues, but this trip was very disappointing. We'll be finding another place for our way point stay. Room 174 or 175? The room was musty / dank. Sink stopper broken. Broken tiles and door stops. The bed was truly awful. It felt like it was tipped severely to one side. General sense of despair. Room 144 or 145? A little musty but not as bad as the other room. Toilet failed to flush but thankfully didn't "quite" overflow.

The breakfast buffet at the Clarion is quite nice. And they do have hot water with good pressure in the shower. That's surprisingly rare in hotels.

they shouldn't be allowed to charge full rates when they can't supply what is advertised, if it wasn
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

the employees only spoke English when spoken too otherwise they were speaking in another language constantly, which was very rude and uncomfortable, the handles on most doors were broken, and a lot of things were being worked on, there was no exercise room or restaurant on the premises which were the reason we had chosen this motel

the air conditioning was in great working order, the pool was absolutely wonderful with a nice clean restroom nearby, the breakfast buffet was marvelous and complete , the pillows were great, everything was clean

The room and bathroom are clean.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The room and bathroom are clean. The beds are comfortable. I really like the hot breakfast. If you want to shop the outlet, the location is perfect.

Perfect for our needs, I'd happily stay here again.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

It was humid in the room, but it's been raining a lot, I think running the air conditioner a bit more would take care of the humidity.

Very quiet and the beds were comfortable, just what I needed for a good night's sleep.

I will NEVER stay here again and would encourage others to stay away.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

This hotel appears to be on its last legs. Poor décor, and not clean. There were residents staying at the hotel who had been to a function/wedding and were noisy late at night. Talking loudly, running up and down the corridors, banging doors. No respect for others. I then checked hotel reviews and noticed this had happened before. The hotel obviously attracts the wrong type of clientele. Staff seemed to be over worked and tired and were not slow at sharing their frustrations publically. I just couldn't wait to get out of the place and felt I had wasted my $200.

The ONLY plus was the good food in the disserted bar/restaurant.

Front desk and maintenance staff were helpful and friendly.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

When we arrived in the evening, no one seated us, gave us menus or took our order in the restaurant, we left without dinner and couldn’t go elsewhere biz the weather was dangerous.

Front desk and maintenance staff were helpful and friendly. The beds and shower were great. The complimentary buffet breakfast was very good.

Staff was never present at the front desk to help with...
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

Staff was never present at the front desk to help with anything, no hair dryer, bathroom tub had a hole in the floor, bathroom door wouldn't shut, holes in the hallway covered with carpet (so almost sprained my ankle), hotel smelled old and musty, expensive for what it was.

Not a pleasant experience
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Entrance door broken. Looked as though someone had tried to break in. Night staff not helpful. Window in room stuck open and could not close. Facility in need of major overhaul.

Only positive was employee Rosie, who fixed a late snack for us at bar/lounge. She was extremely pleasant and did everything she could to assist us.

Disappointed in the cleanliness.
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

We used the sofa bed and it was filthy when we opened it, food crumbs, beads, trash. No cover for the duvet. We found hair on the main bed. Debris - looked like dried cement on the bathroom floor. The coffee wasn't refreshed the second day. Lastly, instructions to use the tv remote should be included.

Nice breakfast. And the breakfast staff was friendly.

It was the least expensive option in town.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The small fridge was awkward. I called the staff to ask about the dining room menu items and she didn't know what they had and did not offer to find out. Poor service.

It was the least expensive option in town.

Unpleasant
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Nastiest hotel I've ever been in. Bathtub was dirty, there was hair in the towels, stains on the bed, and the big horse fly that was trapped in my room would not let me sleep. The website also shows pictures of the gym but there is no gym, just a construction site. I will not be staying here again.

The lady who ran the breakfast was so helpful and kind.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The lady who ran the breakfast was so helpful and kind. She went above and beyond to make sure we had an amazing breakfast. She even offered a 'to go' container when we had to leave at 7:15 for an event so we could have something to eat. Fantastic lady! She should get a raise!

Great location, very comfortable, and great value.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The parking lot is a terrible set up. Also think there could be some upgrades to the bathroom especially, the tub had the non stick stuff peeling up.

Great location, very comfortable, and great value.

The Clarion Inn is a wonderful place to stay at a great price
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Maybe an exhaust fan in the bathroomthe clarion

The beds were very comfy. The breakfast buffet was delicious. Didn't have a hence to use the amenities on this trip but glad they were avsilable.m

Nice place to stay when on business
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The breakfast is limited. I would of liked some fresh fruits with the waffle

The room was very clean and comfortable. There is no microwave in the room but when I called they bring it to the room.

This is my second time here & I will be back. I enjoy staying here.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Great location - (close to movies, food, outlets, wineries), very welcoming staff, clean rooms, decent breakfast, super fluffy pillows... and I love that we get a fridge in our room!

The pillows were amazing!
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

The door in the bathroom was squeezy and very hard to shut. Also, just because I'm short, the beds were very tall. But they were amazing.

The pillows were amazing! And the room was clean and it was quiet.

Quick weekend trip to the mall.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Toilet clogged almost right away , toilet seat wasn't connected , charging ports didn't work by the bed. *they promptly fixed the toilet and reconnected toilet seat which I didn't say anything about*

Was connected to a part of history.

Valentine's stay in Leesburg
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

Our toilet would make a weird noise about every 10 minutes.

It was close to our event. The rooms were very nice and spacious. Comfy bed, plenty of towels. Property was very well maintained. Nice breakfast.

Good. Will stay there again.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Nothing really. Having to go out to a restaurant was the biggest complaint and that isn't much of a complaint.

This was our second stay at the hotel. The facility shows some age in spots but overall it was very clean and friendly. They're renovating so the restaurant was closed but the breakfast buffet was excellent and the staff we interacted with was friendly and helpful. The location was VERY handy for us. A day trip to DC last trip and a way stop on a longer trip - this hotel quite met our needs.

A comfortable quiet option with a friendly staff that is just a short car ride from downtown.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

It feels like a bargain property and a bit dated but was very reasonable given the price.

Friendly, helpful staff. Room was plenty big. Hotel was quiet at night.

Waste of money!
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

Staff are very loud. They can’t even get a 2 star for professionalism. The breakfast was lousy and cheap. The place is not worth what we have paid for. I don’t really mind paying for more if it matches my expectations. We were not surprised why there were very, very few customers.

The building has potential.

Facilities not as nice as other properties close by in Leesburg and Ashburn.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The bathroom was terrible - rust stains on the toilet. The rooms was very tired and dated along with general areas too. And getting into the hotel somewhat trying with not being able to turn off Route 7.

The desk clerk was very friendly.

Dated hotel that needs better management.
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

Undergoing renovations, but that is NO excuse for poor housekeeping...hairs in shower, ants in bathroom, established cobwebs on lamps in hallway.

Excellent pet areas. Bed very comfortable.

We won't be back.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

NO ELEVATOR! We had a great deal of trouble finding our room! The next morning, when we returned from having breakfast, our room cards would not work - it took about 30 minutes to locate maintenance and replace batteries in our door.

Comfortable beds.

It was convenient to the wedding venue
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The room was not as nice for the money we paid. There were no handicap availability. The other couple we came with was put into a room that has horrible. It had mold on the ceiling and walls, the bathroom was not clean, the curtains had to be pinned together with a safety pin, and the woman was handicap and it was very hard for her to get to her room and use the bathroom. I am not very happy with the total arrangement for either of us.

It was convenient to the wedding venue

I will stay there again if in Leesburg area.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Our room awesome. Did see half of property is under renovation which explained others'poor reviews. Airport shuttle not available until 11 am.

Hot breakfast early morning

Bugss
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

After the first night I stayed in their notice that the Sheets Were bloody the second night I stayed there I was severely severely attacked by bed bugs my dog and I Zeus

It was very nice looking super nice hotel until you sleep in it

Beds were fine, rest of room pretty bad.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Desperately needs a redo. Cleanlinesss was terrible in room, hallways and stairs

Beds were fine, rest of room pretty bad. Broken picture on wall, cracked window.

The room are big and the bed are comfortable

Room, carpets and furnitures are old. In the morning the swimming pool was still closed at 10.30. We had to wait 20min so they can find the key and open the pool. Breakfast is a bit poor and they closed the door at 10.05 and refuse to let me in even to speak to my parents still sitting in the restaurant.

The room are big and the bed are comfortable

This is a lovely old hotel.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

There were not enough support staff to keep this lovely old hotel clean. Our room carpet had not been vacuumed, and the hallway carpets looked as though they had not see a vacuum cleaner for quite some time. There was hair (not ours) in our bathroom sink and on the toilet.

This is a lovely old hotel. The linens were very nice and seemed very clean. The staff was very friendly, what little staff there was. The hotel bar/lounge was very pleasant, as was the dinner we had there.

Staff was awesome, the room not so much.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The first room we were assigned to had construction being done right outside our door and inside the room there were some type of flying bugs. They looked like fruit flies but I wasn't taking a chance and we asked for another room. The room we ended up in was old but clean and when I woke up the next morning I noticed there were the same flying bugs in our room.

The young lady at the front desk was wonderful. I wish I could remember her name, but can't. She was extremely friendly and helpful. She was very helpful with trying to resolve the issue with our room. The breakfast was good as well.

The staff at the fron desk was very good and attentive. The shuttle was a big bonus! Thank you! :)

Please see above.

The bed was comfortable. The lobby of the hotel is very nice..very clean and welcoming. There is a certain smell as you walk down to your room..once that door is opened, the smell changes. But for the money, I think the hotel is a pretty good value.

I Won't Be Returning
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

The building and rooms were just old and worn. Our room smelled like a mixture of urine and cleaning fluid when we first got there. It seemed to fade or we just got use to the smell after a while. But rugs were worn and we could see daylight between the floor and wall to the outside. It needs to get on Clarion's 'to be renovated' list and fast! Surprisingly, they were completely booked for the weekend... I don't get it. Something must have been going on in the area to have this hotel filled up.

It is in a convenient location and the dinning area seems to have been recently updated. Unlike the rooms and hallways

Nice room but advertised pool closed
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Pool was closed and was supposed to open in an hour... it remained closed for 3 days. It was hot and our group was waiting around for nightly baseball games and were looking forward to the pool. Many people very mad. Not good at all.

Clean quiet room

Great pillows
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Vending machines broken. Couldn't get a bottle of water on site Room refrigerator didn't work Wasn't impressed by tiny bottle of shampoo. Not enough for 2 people. But I didn't bother to ask for more

Great pillows Friendly helpful staff Nice pool Exercise room Clean Free parking on site Seemed a safe area Easy to find

Home away from home
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

The staff was like family. I greatly enjoyed the visit, even though it was only for a few hours to attend an event in Leesburg with my entire family. We had five rooms, and it was perfect for all of my children and grandchildren. The included breakfast the ne t morning was perfect and everyone was happy!!

Rating would be a C at best
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

TV did not function in one room; grout was missing in tile in bath; room did not cool off the first night, noisy since that room was by stairway and people were up and down a lot due to a wedding; not enough wash cloths and towels for a two night stay; no ice on 2nd floor had to go down stairs into flooded area for ice - definitely would not stay again

Clean beds and shower in one room of the two

Horrible, dirty and disgusting. Would not recommend anyone stay here.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The hotel is getting work done and it felt like a building site. Staff in bar could not be bothered with guests and seemed totally uninterested. Hotel is old fashioned and dated (not in a good way). Carpets filthy with work dust etc on entering the hotel it was all over the floor no one had made any attempt to clean up. However even with no work going on carpets and all areas needed a good clean, painted and updated. We were given a room where work was getting done they made no attempt to hide the work goingon any rooms in this area should not be being used. Room needed painted and bathroom updated. Picture on the web site makes hotel look good it was nothing like this once you arrive. Website is very misleading. We had breakfast included but gave it a miss couldn't wait to get out of the place.

Free wi.fi is the only positive thing I can say about this hotel.

6.0
    On check in I was given a room, horrible parking, with large...
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

On check in I was given a room, horrible parking, with large trucks blocking Many of the spots. When I went to the room it was in a loud renovation area and the room was occupied. When I returned to get a new room I had to go to the back of the line of about 5 people and the hallways and some other areas were filthy.

Great breakfast included!
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Room was small and a little dark and musty smelling in the lower wing where we were placed in.

The staff were all awesome and friendly! Great breakfast included in a lovely, clean and bright, dining area

Should advise guests Hotel is undergoing renovations!
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Everything. There was obviously a water incident. I was checked into a dirty room, then moved to a room in a section of the building where damage & water restoration was taking place. I was the only guest staying in that section! It smelled like cat urine. The coffee was terrible.

That I could leave!

It ended up being an ok property.
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

I had a confirmed reservation for 4 rooms through BOOKING.com. When we arrived they only had 3 and were full. We have been now told this happens "all the time" by this & other hotel staff. We are no longer using your service.

It ended up being an ok property.

Parking.
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

We could not appreciate that maintenance works (relighting) were taking place during the night. Slamming (next-)doors from 2 am onwards. Terrible. No excuses, no compensation.

Parking. Good Indian food and chef.

Great spot!
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The location wasn't remarkable because it was surrounded by malls.

Very pleasant clean room. I really enjoyed the onsite restaurant and the included breakfast!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Not likely to stay
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Toliet flush was not strong strong enough. No elevator. Room to dark. TV listings were not able to be reached

Bed was good. Shower pressure was great

Comfortable and Quiet
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

We traveled to Leesburg for a Family Confirmation. Never have been there before. At the Clarion Inn, Breakfast was excellent! Coffee was hot and good! Ken Dukes, the manager was very accommodating! Very polite supporting staff. Gracious surroundings! Definitely would book again! Any small problems were dealt with promptly and efficiently by Mr. Ken Dukes!

The Good, The Bad & the Ugly...
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The exterior in the back of the building near Entrance C needs attention. Very run down. There is NO elevator. 2 of the 3 people in our party had hip and knee replacements but we discovered that after being assigned 2nd Floor rooms. I returned to the front desk and Walter was able to assign us first floor rooms. If you have any difficulty with steps carrying luggage be aware of the fact there is NO elevator so request a first floor room.

There was a "hiccup" in the housekeeping of our room (bed not made) when we returned late in the afternoon from touring on a hot and humid Day 2 of our stay. A call to the front desk got immediate attention from Ken, the General Manager, who came directly to our room to inspect, took us to the lounge for a drink "on him" while the room was attended to. We were impressed by his quick and professional response to the situation.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Room was easy to get to.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Bathroom has mold in it. Needs caulking and tile grout replaced.......Bathrooms is the first place to look; it shows how well the hotel is run!

Room was easy to get to.....dinning room very clean.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Keep on looking!
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

Our room only had one outlet. Extension cords needed to be used to plug in the lights on each side of the bed/nightstand. We actually had to do that ourselves upon our arrival. The floor lamp in the corner next to the sofa could not be used, because there was no where to plug it in. The sink did not flow very well, the tub surround was chipped and attempted to be fixed, which only made it look worse. It really should be replaced. We found someone else's left over shampoo in our shower stall. The Wi-Fi was unsecured. The first three channels on the TV could not be watched because they were "snowy". The TV guide list of stations left in the room did not match the TV. The lovely plantation looking Inn on the Internet, did not match what we saw when we drove up to the front door. Also, the side of the building where we parek next to our room, 118, was just a terrible eyesore. It was just very disappointing all the way around. I would not stay at this particular Clarion Inn again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else . Also, although it was probably early in the season, the pool was not available. That was also a disappointment.

Rocking chairs on front porch.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Not worth the money I it's present condition
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

Room was not clean. Telephone had no markings on it e.g. Front desk, outside line. Room price was too high for The quality of stay

Breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

comfy but pretty expensive
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

The A/C randomly shut off during the night, no one answered the desk phone from 5pm sunday afternoon until 7 am Monday morning making it difficult to find out if I could check in before 8am Monday.

The bed was comfortable and the front desk staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Good place to stay with great value price wise.
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

No safe for valuables. Breakfast the same every morning. Sometimes cold eggs but on request were heated up.

Everyone here were friendly. Allowed to stay in same room with two different reservations together. Bed and room comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Slowness of airport shuttle

Slowness of airport shuttle

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Good emplacement with parking, confortable room
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Room door key did not work. We had to change four times a day!

Good emplacement with parking, confortable room

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Close to airport

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Took an hour an a half to get my daughters food prepared...
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Took an hour an a half to get my daughters food prepared from the restaurant at the hotel. Not acceptable.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Good place to stay while in the Leesburg, VA area.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

No microwaves in bed-room.

Good AC.

Thank you for not over-charging.
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Hallway carpet is dated. Elevator wasn't working.

Thank you for not over-charging. Good price for a one night stay.

Comfortable beds
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Beds were exceptionally comfortable. Good restaurant on property.

Look for another hotel
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Location, staff, loud talking employees speaking Spanish all 3 mornings at breakfast, uncomfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Quiet and comfortable
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

No elevator and you have to walk a bit if you are on second floor whether going to breakfast or the pool

Quiet and comfortable

Couldn't get served so we to order out.
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

Couldn't get served so we to order out. Waiter wouldn't wait on us .

There was a huge party going on and we could hear it from...
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

There was a huge party going on and we could hear it from our room and the room was non-refundable

The bed and pillows were comfortable.
    • Standard King Non Smoking 2 person Sofa bed

Stains on ceiling, bathtub. Ants in the room. Corridors smelled the exercise room was non-existent.

The bed and pillows were comfortable.

Horrible smell

Horrible smell

Great bargain

Very nice

Great bargain

Pool area was nice and well tended
    • Standard 2 Doubles Non Smoking

Rooms and hotel overall was run down and in a very poor state

Pool area was nice and well tended