Reviews of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami International Airport 2 stars

5301 Northwest 36th Street, Miami Springs, Miami, FL 33166, USA

#148 of 213 hotels in Miami

How neat and clean the hotel was.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I dislike the fact that there was just one elevator working and the door at the end of the emergency stairs was close. We arrive early to the hotel, i asked permission to leave our lougage in a small room and the person at the front desk told me that a guy will help us with that, so she introduced ourselves to the guy and when we came back with the lougage the guy wasn't there☹

How neat and clean the hotel was.

Terrific

the cleaning is horrible in the room where I was staying in front there was vomit and a plague marijuana call to please clean the vomit and they said they were sorry but could not do anything because there were no maid decided to change my room and They changed me for a horrible and bad smell

Anything

Adequate for short stays

The front desk staff ignores the phone. It was hard to communicate with the hotel.

The shuttle to\from the airport was very convenient. The room was spacious. Adequate for short stays. The check out time is better than other hotels.

Had an excellent stay. Close to everything.

One elevator and it broke down for about 2 hours. Had to climb to the 11th floor.

Staff was courteous and friendly. The beds were comfy. It had a wonderful smell that greeted you as you walked into the lobby.

It was only good for a short stay. The area was a bit creepy. The room need to be update.

The bathroom were old and need to be upgrade. Parking was an issue because it was share with another hotel. And the beds were hard.

Its really close to the airport. The bathroom were old and need to be upgrade. Parking was an issue because it was share with another hotel.

it was ok

Bathroom was to small, nightstand where the t.v. was placed drawer could not stay closed, there was a strange bed frame that i hit my ankle on several time because the bed didn't fit properly.

my view of the airport, i love to watch planes takeoff.

Accomodation near the Airport.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom, in specific the toilet wasn't clean. I called the front desk they said the would send somebody, While I was in the room nobody arrives. I went out told the person in the front desk again. He said he will send somebody. When I return it was the same. Maybe it was a stain, but it looks dirty.

Comfy bed and room.

Smart...

Guest laundry capacity too small. They charge you 1,50 for a Safety deposit box that has not even a key in the room. Most people do not brother asking for a refund. Sounds like a scam more than a service ... Nobody tells you to get your key at the reception.

Excellent location for the AirPort, large clean comfortable room. Nice rich breakfast

RUDE STAFF
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was SO RUDE! the front desk girl, Natalia I guess, forgot to ask for our credit card but gave us the key we assumed everything was okay, later on they knocked at our door asking how we got in, who gave us the key why were we there... went to the front desk and this incompetent girl said she never gave us the key and never saw us. After all that they wanted to charge us more than what we were supposed to pay. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

Loved The Stay...

The double bed rooms were too tidy.. And None of the staff had name tags on, would've loved to put names to faces...

I would really like to thank Dynasty. Her customer service exceeded the normal. She went above and beyond to accommodate us. Keep up the GREAT WORK DYNASTY.....

Good location but hotel needs work.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lobby and communal areas were dirty and not very inviting. The overall look of the hotel could be improved. The bedroom was actually okay though.

Location - proximity to airport. It was a one night stopover which was sufficient.

The first appearance was nice.

The property was outdated as was the furniture, fixtures were broken, phones didn't work. Overall it needs some serious work done. I was disappointed.

The first appearance was nice. However, once you leave the lobby it's a different story.

I was dead tired two very loooong 14 hr flights one with no sleep. Still no restful sleep there!

much did not work. usually no one at front desk & I needed services I absolutely HAD TO USE THE COMPUTER for a CRITICAL document. but they did not work and no one was anywhere around to hIelp. I just laid my head on the desk, it had a thin cover on it. and I received a very bad very bloody cut on my nose!!! many days later and I look like I lost the fight!

I liked the low grade homy tmospyere I like the bus driver. vey real and just got about it. Took my way too heavy, too many bags and not a wimper!

SUCCESSFUL

The only thing I didn't like is that I was told that a shuttle to the cruise port would be free but it wasn't. We were charged $10 per person so that was a unexpected $50 spent.

I like the full breakfast they serve. Very kind to do that.

Large spacious rooms.

The property really needs some renovations. It appears to be one of the oldest properties in that area.

Large spacious rooms. Great breakfast. Friendly staff.

Value for money with the basic needs met

The property could do with a bit of refurbishment and the breakfast that was meant to be inclusive was less than basic it was minimal

The staff were friendly and informative. I like the regular shuttle services to the airport and the price for the size of room was value for money

We had a comfortable stay for one night on two separate occasions.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no hand sanitiser in dining room & people picking up food with their hands rather than using tongs provided.

We stayed for one night on two occasions as it was close to airport. Staff were very helpful & friendly. Hired a car at the hotel to drive to Key West for a couple of days & great service provided by car rental company.

Great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was nice to have included. Was worried about parking but they had a side parking lot and found a space comfortably. Room was nice and clean. Didnt have time to use the gym but its a nice option for guests to have.

Nice

They only served pork for breakfast; not everyone eats pork.

The staff was friendly, property well kept and the room was very much to our satisfaction.

Best value for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms facing the airport, might be a little noisy.

Clean, spacious, modern furnished rooms and bathroom. Best in its class breakfast. Ample parking space. Very close to the airport. Few decent restaurants nearby.

Broken elevator and awful smell

Our room was on the 14th floor and when we lugged all our bags up the key wouldn’t work. So we went back to front desk and got new keys which was no big deal however the staff elevator broke while we were checking in and stayed broken during our stay so employees were getting on and off at every single floor making it take forever to get to our room. Once we got inside it smelled musty and awful. We will not ever return.

Breakfast was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location wasnt the best. May have been over charged, but will wait to see. Payed cash when arriving but had a charge on my credit card after checkout.

Breakfast was good. Pretty clean hotel.

Good accomodations for the price if you need to stay close to the airport.

The fries at the restaurant were pretty stale but, I did order right before closing. And fish tank in restaurant really needs to be cleaned.

The bed was comfortable. Mattress looked new. The cleanliness of room was decent. Carpet and paint looked new except for doors and door frames. Location to airport is a plus. The cashier at the restaurant was really helpful and nice! I got my food to go and she made sure I had extra ketchup and sauces etc. and everything I needed.

I had a bad experience, one of my worst experiences ever.The cleaning employees through out my food I had in the refrigerator in my room .That was the only food I had to eat during my stay for 5 days because I just paid for surgery and I only had Uber fares. I reported it to the manager his name is Diego. Diego was very unprofessional and very races. He told me I was going to give me a free night and refund my money back for that night. But he was Only putting on only putting on a act because some of guest was listen . Diego started to charge Random fees to my bank account but there was nothing in my bank account to get. When he charge me for $126, he took all my Uber fees out my bank account so I had to call my family so I can catch my flight back to Chicago .I will never stay here again and I will be pushing the issue

The breakfast

I would NEVER stay there again, nor refer that hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not properly clean. When I left room, maid did not tend to it. The property had no parking and the shuttle driver was rude. Some of the front desk agents were they not customer friendly and accommodating. Thank God I bought my own towels, theirs seemed to be recycling for years. There were hair in the bathroom tub. There was no fridge or microwave in room.

I was able to watch the game in my unclean room. They allowed me to check out early.

Loved the fact that they had free breakfast and laundry room...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would of been nicer if hotel had its own swimming pool and small fridges in each room. Everything else was perfect.

Loved the fact that they had free breakfast and laundry room available for the people.

The room and bathroom were very clean compared to other...

The check in counter didnt explain they had two different wings each housing odds and evens, so we lugged around our stuff multiple floors then across the building.

The room and bathroom were very clean compared to other places Ive lodged at.

Very accommodating, affordable and comfortable.

Hard to find parking.The lot becomes really full by 8 pm.

Fast check-in, hot breakfast, affordable, close to restaurants and the airport, large rooms, regular check-out is at noon, for most places that is considered a late check-out that you would have to pay extra for. Lots of pillows on the beds!

An overnight stay

Guys at check in were very unprofessional and cared less about guests. They made a mistake and double charged my credit card then just said 'that's the way it is they cannot do anything about it'. The next morning I met a very nice receptionist and she took my query right away to the manager to have one of the transactions void.

Comfortable with great breakfast

Door almost impossible to get in.

Door almost impossible to get in. Safety bar interfered when trying to enter, even after Building Maintenance adjusted. Had to put your shoulder into door to open.

It was perfect for what we needed, a short overnight before catching another flight the next day!

Noisy doors, not enough parking, untrained front desk staff that were more interested in flirting with each other and eating their snacks than serving customers.

Continental breakfast was great! Loved proximity to the airport!

Our flight was cancelled and it was better than the airport gloor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room service was nonexistent. When we asked for a blanket they never brought it. They did not give us a receipt for our stay. We were in a hurry so we didn’t insist, bur it was unprofessional.

The front desk was friendly.

I live the bed, the room was clean and large and the...

The restaurant was very crouded , I did not understand how things work at first

I live the bed, the room was clean and large and the bathroom was very clean with enough towels

Excellent place for late / early flights

The property is an "honest" two star hotel, with all the good and bad things going with it. Our room was as clean as it could be, but reeked of smoke (although it's prohibited to smoke in the hotel). Our flight was early in the morning, and we missed the breakfast - there was nothing offered for those departing early.

The room was very spacious and had two decent beds. There is a shuttle bus going to the airport every half hour, and it only takes 30 mins. To go Miami beach, it took us 30 mins by city bus (going from the airport) - of course we could have taken a taxi, but had the time for exploring the city. The best thing about the hotel is the price - we wanted a place to sleep for 5 hours, and we got the best deal.

I wish I would have chosen a place a little further up the road

It was dirty and run down and in a sketchy location they had poor parking

The options in the breakfast buffet we're decent. It was a hit or miss if it was on the quality one day was better than the other.

Room size good, beds very comfy, excellent location near...

Property is a bit dated, continental breakfast ends at 9am a tad early.

Room size good, beds very comfy, excellent location near airport with 24 hour shuttle, luggage storage, hotel very accommodating of our 3am check-in and late 2pm check-out.

It was ok

There should be more fruit and stuff geared to healthier eating. Substitute some of the flour made stuff therefore less carbohydrate breads muffins etc. Too much sugar and carbohydrate.Instant oatmeal packets had too much sugar. Take off some of that stuff and add healthy stuff. Bananas should be a must everyday. I stay 3 days and there was bananas only one day. The room also had an unpleasant smell when we arrive. We called front desk who said they would send housekeeping well we are still waiting for housekeeping to arrive. HOUSEKEEPING NEVER ARRIVE

Overall was worth the money I paid for. 7/10

Leak in my ceiling Bed lamp didn't work No parking at night.. Had to get a parking pass and park on the grass after it just rained Was too tired to change rooms so I just dealt with it. Wasn't offered any discount or compensation

Location was excellent Free breakfast was excellent Staff was nice Small Cafe and things you could order to eat in the hotel Store downstairs

Apart from above cons, this hotel is OK for transit passengers.

Couldn't find the Airport shuttle for more than an hour when arrived at the Airport. Also no compliment drinking water bottles in rooms, that mean hotel expect everyone to carry water at "check-in: whether midnight or early morning.

Location, food and staff

Alright stay for the money. Very close to the airport.

The shower wasn’t the nicest. It wasn’t possible to warmer the ac a little bit. The room was very cold most of the time.

Breakfast was nice. The room was big enough

It was a poor experience, and I was grateful we we're only there one night.

The hotel was really run down and dirty. The room smelled. The continental breakfast was very unorganized.

I liked that they offered a shuttle service. Quick and easy check-in.

I like it and I will use the same hotel .

No fresh air in this rooms at the six floor and that cause un fresh smell .it should be a way to open a window and minimize use of AC. When possible. Thanks

Genuine staff. Great location reasonable breakfast. Associates are so helpful.

I was expecting microwave & fridge in the room.

my rooms coffee machine was not working, we reported to front desk, they have sent person to look. he came but didnt do anything, he told he will come back. but didn't. this happened twice, I was getting coffee from down stairs.

I was expecting microwave & fridge in the room. Room which was given to me was not having those, so I reported to front desk. Soon they changed my room with those amenities. I felt thank you. overall my experience & stay was good.

Great location, Great price for one night stay!

We were not there long enough to honestly say we didn't like something. It would not be fair to say otherwise.

We liked the convenience of location. We were flying out pretty early the next day. So, we were able to get to the airport in no time. Unfortunately, we didn't get to take advantage of the hotel facilities as much as we would've liked to. Maybe, on our next trip to Miami.

OK. If staff on reception make guests feel welcome that is the beginning of a good experience.

I asked to be placed in the ground or 1st floor for various reasons but was placed in the 6th floor. Should have been informed that this was not available. Easy to miss the shuttle at the airport as Choice Hotels catches the attention more than the smaller sign Carillon. Why dont u have a place for guests leaving to keep their bags for a few hours. The gentleman on the night I arrived said you had no such facility. The gentleman at the counter said when I asked that the password for WiFi was choice. I couldn't access wifi. A guest next morning showed me a paper she was given with all the info re WiFi this worked. Didn't find the staff who attended to me at the front desk on arrival very helpful or friendly.

The room was fine. The ladies in the front desk during the day were very helpful and served with a smile. One name appeared as Dandre on receipt. She is a Very pleasant lady. The shuttle drivers are very courteous.

Incompetent Employees

I booked my room online for 2 days. My check in was Friday and I called that Friday at 7:48pm and told them I was going to be checking in around 4 to 5am on Saturday and that I would like to pay now. I was told that I pay when I check in. When I got there my room got cancelled cause my card got declined, but I didn’t understand how if my card shouldn’t have been ran. I had to pay $50 more for an other room and got my card swiped 7 times. I looked at my account and there was more then $1000 withdrawn.

Room was nice and bed was comfortable, but the towels are too small.

Very comfortable beds, nice looking rooms, friendly staff.

Their parking area is very small. The night we booked the hotel was quite busy, it took us some time to find parking.

Very comfortable beds, nice looking rooms, friendly staff.

Very comfortable!

It would have been great to have a fridge in the room.

The room was very quiet, which was great after long travel. Loved the free breakfast and shuttle service to the airport

I would stay again, however, the biggest issue for me, travelining alone is to be able to get help
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Hotel 24 hours phone, service, must have person to answer in the other end. at all time.

the breakfast was okay, the bed very comfy. very close to the airport with free shuttle. and the Manager Daniel. was very accommodating, with the issues travel related. I requested an extra hour check out, Laura, at the front Lobby immediately said yes.

Horrible experience. Would not stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No heat in the rooms which was fine for daytime but night time it got pretty chilly. Staff was rude. They didn’t have commonly needed supplies at the front desk. Bathroom was rusted and molded. Mold was in the shower. Room walls were dirty and the soap in the bathroom was previously used.

Beds had clean linen

Really nice hotel. The best option at this price

When I need cart for my bags, I had to wait several minutes.

Eggs was better than last time. Beds comfortable, all clean, big room, free parking, good location near airport. Really good experience

Manager charged full price for the room after I was suppose...

Manager charged full price for the room after I was suppose to check out, only a few hours late of check out time cleaning ladies did not clean up there mess in the bathroom left cleaning agent in tube, no good! Plus the room I stayed in had a odor!

I had a bed to sleep in for the night which was good. We were not aware that you did not have pool.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant was overcrowded and difficult to manuever around to get anything. The food was not very appealing or tasty.

The breakfast foods were less than optimal. Would not recommend to anyone.

Wouldn’t stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff failed to provide us with the WiFi access code and we had to call them downstairs. The water was very hot and didn’t get any cooler. The staff wasn’t all that friendly and just did the bare minimum.

One night near airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check-in was very slow at midnight. The breakfast was very crowded and it was hard to enjoy.

The property was convenient to the airport and we needed a place to stay for one evening.

Old and dirty hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

cleanliness of rooms was absolutely below par, we found several cockroaches crawling over our bed, changed rooms to find the same level of filth in the other room, not to mention the smell when you walked in. Additionally, they do not allow for you to store luggage once you check out. very old and dated place, we only stayed one night, but given the amount of other hotels around, I would recommend anyone to stay away.

it's close to the airport and there is free parking

The staff was wonderful and would consider staying again if traveling through.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I can’t think of anything. Wonderful stay!

We arrived at 2:30 am and Yvette was handling a difficult customer. She handled them with such ease and was very kind. My check-in went very well. Way to go to the staff that answered my questions wonderfully.

Ok, but would not repeat
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to wait 1.30 minutes for the shuttle bus, never got picked up, had to hire a taxi, the breakfast is not continental rather standard American, there were fruits in the beginning of the breakfast by the end nobody bothered refilling the fruits. For people who came later nothing was left out

Clean room

Convenient location and handy shuttle service but a but pricey for a brief overnight stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows were too puffy to sleep on! Only a basic cafeteria style cafe for dinner so I walked to IHOP.

Breakfast buffet unexpectedly included hot food whuch was a pleasant surprise. Room was very spacious, in fact too spacious for a single traveller.

This is good for a quick business stay or a connection to an early flight or cruise ship.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel just needs to be updated and repainted. It's definitely and older property. One elevator was broken. The shower still had soap from another guest.

This property had free parking and was easily accessible to the airport and most highways. It was just off a main road. Breakfast was good and had many choices. Bed was comfortable and I slept well.

Great value for money, great location, great staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them. When we arrived fairly late they happily arranged a travel cot and high chair for us within 20 minutes. Brilliant service. The pool was nice and the children's play area a real bonus.

Worst hotel ever

Asked staff to clean room ,they did not do it .2nd floor flooded,toilet in room kept over flowing had to use down stairs bath room ,No wash cloths ,No pool

Awful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the hotel at all. The lobby area had raggedy furniture, the rooms weren’t the cleanest and smelled of mildew and the bed was uncomfortable.

It was an easy check in and check out process.

Ok stay for just overnight before going to the airport in the early morning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is run down and the bathroom was dirty and the bed sheet were also dirty. Pen marks on the comforter and a couple of the towels had yellow stains on them.

Easy and quick check in process very close to airport

It has potential but needs some maintenance

There should be more than one shuttle going to and from the airport. We waited a long time when other hotel shuttles went by two or three times. The room smelled musty and parts of the hotel were dirty (hallways, etc)

The receptionist was very patient and helpful. Breakfast was ok for the price.

Reception LIED that hotel was sold out when i had to ask for...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reception LIED that hotel was sold out when i had to ask for one more night due to wife's illness. Online booking showed available. a new reservation was made on the phone by calling the reception for one more night, for the same room. next afternoon returned to hotel and was LOCKED OUT of the room. reception was RUDE and blamed me for not checking out. had to make a new booking again, and my credit cards were declined on both terminals. my daughter's cards were declined too - obviously due to faulty terminal. went to hotel store and bought flippers on my credit card. showed it to reception - NOT IMPRESSED. called bank - signal never went to them. bank advised: hotel can do it manually - reception REFUSED and demanded cash (paid). no apologies for HUMILIATION and INCONVENIENCE was offered by hotel.

Breakfast was decent.

Pretty much everything about the room. As soon as we walked into the room, we noticed a poor smell. The bathroom leaked water so the carpet outside the door was completely SOAKED after using shower.

Breakfast was decent.

The Clarion left me hanging.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was at the airport on hold 20 mins, while the front desk person searched for my reservation. The lady NEVER got back on the phone! I still took the shuttle to the hotel. While there, they managed to find my reservation. I switched hotels immediately.

The proximity to airport and free shuttle
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is gross and outdated. Front desk staff were too busy talking to each other to be helpful, and I walked into the restaurant and the staff looked at me like I was from another planet, never once asking how she could help. I just walked out. Horrible. Glad I only had to stay one night.

The proximity to airport and free shuttle

Hotel didn't served the purpose it was selected for: sleep immediately after the flight.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shuttle didn't came to take us from the airport despite my several calls and explanations that I am with little kids. Eventually I had to pay 50$ for a taxi of 1 mile.

Over paid for broken rundown room.

Everything! It was old broken and cost the same as the hotel next door. The best western was 10 times better.

Nothing. It's old run down. In major need of updates. Buttons on elevator did light up when pushed. Lamp in room was broken. Room was out dated and in need of a remodel.

Close to airport.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom toilet leaked and was very noisy when it flushed. Room was dirty and needed lots of repairs. Some lights didn't work. TV remote did not work. Bed squeaked. Paid way too much for the type of room we got.

Close to airport.

Only stayed one night between flights. Comfortable and clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't dislike hotel - it is what it is. Great for overnight stop when you need access to airport. Area is therefore around airport perimeter and not somewhere to find restaurants etc.

Good pick up service from airport and return from hotel back to airport the next day. Very good breakfast.

I paid 200 for one night the room was freezing, staff was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I paid 200 for one night the room was freezing, staff was unprofessional, waited 3 hrs for an extra blanket that never came had to go to desk and beg for one and received a sheet worst stay ever for price!!!

Worst Place ever!

Everything This place is Horrible! Dont go by the fake Pictures they have posted !!! As its nothing like that! 1 Step away from a Crack House! Or at least what I think 1 would look like. Our floor smelled like pot so bad!! You got high walking thru the hallway!

I didnt like anything! This place was a Toilet that needs to be flushed! Gross dont stay here!