Reviews of Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA 3 stars

16 Gateway Boulevard East, Savannah, GA 31419, USA

#70 of 135 hotels in Savannah

Little pricey at times

My girlfriends and I love this area. Nice staff. Fresh cookies. Great breakfast. Clean rooms. Clean rooms. Great location for our needs

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

To start off, it took 45 mins to check in because their computer system was down. I didn't see that as a problem at first but when we got to our room it smelled like wet moldy carpet. On our second night our toilet randomly start to overflow. They moved us to another room which wasn't clean and then to another room. Moving twice was not fun at 8pm with 4 kids. They did not offer any reimbursement nor did they apologize for the inconvenience. I will never stay at this place again.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were on the first floor just down the hall from the pool. I don’t know if it was just super damp from that but the room smelled sooooooo musty and the walls were even damp.The only reason we stayed was we had been on the road for 12 hrs straight and were super tired! If the room would have been unkept we would have NOT stayed! The breakfast in the morning was good though.

Clean but extremely smelly and damp!!!!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the adjoining doors and the pool and hot tub was dirty.

The beds are extremely comfortable. First time in a long time that I've had a great night sleep.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Checking in the lady at the desk was very nice however booking.com didn't have our booking confirmed with the hotel then night clerk was rude we turned back the bed to discover socks she wasn't willing to have bed changed basically we had to do it ourselves definitely wouldn't stay here for the price..

Close to interstate it's location was ok for why we where there

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Facilities shabby- room not cleaned well, hole in bathroom door, toilet and shower not working fully. A mess.

Staff friendly, bed comfortable, breakfast ok, cookies on arrival a nice touch.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room had bad odor. Had to exchange for another room. Room above my head had continued noise of someone stomping on the floor. Complained to front desk. Cleaning staff not friendly.

The bed

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed needs to be replaced. Mattress broken down on one side. The foot of the bed sits higher then the head.

friendlyness of the staff was great. Made every effort to address my concerns over a two week period. Breakfast was always on time and usually kept refilled

The room did not smell fresh or clean. I had to buy Lysol to spray. There were stain in the carpet. The cleaning staff was knocking on our door @ 8AM to get dirty linen. It was certainty not a good experience.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Too many doors had open access to inside without having to use card.

The breakfast and coffee offered was really good. The bed was super comfy and facility was quite. Has a ton of places to eat within walking distance.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Old door handles. Walls were paper thin and could hear a lot outside the room. No screen in the window to prevent anyone from falling out. You could open the window wide open and accidents could happen. Bed was just ok. Kinda lumpy. Bathroom door wouldn’t close all the way. The shower curtain rod was broken so the curtain wouldn’t stay closed. The shower head thing that attached to the wall was broken and had fallen off when I first got there. There was mold or something on the soap dish thing in the bathtub. Dirty bathtub walls. The room check in key kept not working and we had to get new ones. They said it was because we kept it near our phones or magnet in my husbands wallet. I’ve never had that problem before. The breakfast was just ok. I found a small hair in my eggs. The hot tub was broken but no note to tell anyone and didn’t let us know at check in. Pool was very small and only 4’5 ft deep. Didn’t really like too much about this Country Inn and Suites.

The check in lady Danielle was super nice and very helpful. Cookies in the evening. Air conditioner kept the room nice and cold like I like it.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was at the end of the hall and the wifi was not working there. We had some leftovers from previous guests in out fridge. Beds were very soft.

Well equipped hotel close to the I-95. Nice pool with jacuzzi next to the front desk.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very very crowded at breakfast

Pool.. kids had a great time. Cookies at the front office, real treat! Great breakfast, something for all of us. Great location

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

When we checked in the clerk swiped my credit card and everything was A ok. I stoped in another state to get gas when my credit card was declined. After minutes with the credit card company it was discovered that a $5.oo charge has been made the day of checkout triggering a fraud situation and my card was put on hold. The problem came from your hotel, the charge was $130.00 but the hotel only charged $125.00 until the next day when the additional charge of $5.00 was charged. This situation should not have happened eleminating the problem caused with my credit card.

Breakfast was very good

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They have sheer curtains . We were on the first floor. I could see people walking by lights etc. not private. I hung shirts up so people couldn’t look in. The toilet ran loud all night long. The carpet felt damp. I’d never go there again.

The girl who checked us in was great.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Perfect hotel to stop at while traveling from Ohio to Florida. The room was cozy, the bathroom was spacious, and we loved the indoor hot tub/pool. Right off the highway makes it easy for a quick stop over night with plenty of food options in walking distance or a short drive.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Ewww ewww ewww... this gives Country Inn & Suites a bad name. This place was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Floors were filthy (leftover garbage and other tracks), stained sheets that we had to ask to be changed, bathroom with towels still huddled in the corner wet from the previous stay. We wondered if this room was even clean, but there were new towels! This place is disgusting. I really wish we hadn't wasted money here.

Not sure there is anything to like about this place. Maybe location?

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room had an odor and the hotel put a glade plug-in in the wall. The bed was lumpy and the pillows were very small. Also, the water pressure was very weak in the shower.

It was convenient to the highway.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room wasn’t clean. It needs a thorough deep cleaning!! Sheets appeared clean but the floors, walls & bed skirts well all very dirty. Woke up to a terrible sewer smell in our room. It seemed like it was coming from behind the hotel. It was really strong as we were checking out. Indoor was pool was closed the day of check in & the next day as well. Was finally open at our checkout time. Was told someone accidentally put too many chemicals in it. My kids were disappointed. I tried so hard to enjoy this hotel but I did not. I will not stay with this hotel chain again. I couldn’t wait to leave.

The staff was very nice & they’re currently upgrading the lobby & maybe/hopefully some rooms too. Breakfast was ok.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It is difficult to reach the toilet paper when its behind you to the left. You should place them on floor spindles instead of the limited wall options.

Breakfast was a decent spread. Big fan of the real potatoes.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The halls had hardwood which was a little noisy

The staff were very friendly and helpful Breakfast included hot and cold options which was nice. Facilities were very clean and comfortable

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls were paper thin. Could hear our neighbors thru the walls. Anytime anyone next door to us showered we could hear the shower because the plumbing was so loud. Anytime we flushed the toilet the toilet would howl for a good 30-45 seconds. Could hear kids from the pool coming in and out of the pool area screaming down the hall. Ac never got super cold. Definitely needs some updating.

Nice having microwave and mini fridge. Room was clean. Nice having so many pillows.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Remodeling was going on so things were not as clean as they could have been. Breakfast room was overcrowded with not enough tables to accommodate guests.

Bed was extremely comfortable. Excellent free breakfast. Room was spacious and comfortable.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff lacked professionalism or were unenthusiastic, at best. Too little seating for breakfast. People had to stand around and wait every morning.

The room and bathroom was very clean. The Continental breakfast was good. Hotel is very convenient to interstate.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Ice machine broken on our floor. The toilet made a wretched sound when flushed. The floor I. The room was not very sturdy so every time you stepped the furniture would bounce and make noise.

The breakfast.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a disappointment compared to most country Inn and suites. Jacuzzi heater not working and look to have been out for awhile as the signs were aged. Had king room with sofa sleeper. Pillows were tiny and old as most of the stuffing was gone. Sofa sleeper was very old you were practicalLy sitting on floor. Elevator not working at check out time had to use stairs with all the bags.

Lobby was being updated and looked nice.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the room wasn't clean I had to let them know when I got there it was someone hair on the bed in the bathroom in also inside the fridge which is nasty to see plus I had to ask for towels and for my bed to made up plus more toilet paper plus someone hit put a dent in my car and never left a note that did it for me. Plus I had to keep getting the key pad activation and the pool wasn't clean very cloudy

The location was good and coffee was great

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They charged me $160 extra for some tax amd then for smoking but nobody was smoking in the room. Thebed was so crappy, squeaky, lumpy, and the tv was ancient with an old sticky remote. The whole floor smelt like smoke upon check in and i should have known they would pull some crap.

Leaving it.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Too old, dirty and gives the feeling haunted. The furniture and the building needs to be renovated. We doubt to sit on the couch. Also when we arrive there, we realised it is not run by Raddisson. Wrong information. Not same as photos.

Easy to reach from route 95.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Property was dated and tired. No one seems to care people were in the hallways shouting late at night. We're on first floor near desk, so had to be heard by staff. Second time staying at these properties, will not make the mistake again!!!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It could use more activity in the hotel the ceiling did clamps at the pool during our stay didn't get a chance to use it very sad

The food was great and the beds we're very comfortable

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Noise from fixing pool area. Staff having loud conversations outside my room. Pool was closed down my whole stay. They charged my card twice. Never got money back. Just wasn’t pleased at all and will not come back ever......They failed inspection while we was there so embarrassing.

Night staff was awesome

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

i didnt like the breakfast, i didnt like that half of the stations on the tv didnt work, i was put in a handicap room, the pool was closed during the visit, had to wait 20 minutes for them to get water in the room to shower. it was not worth the money i spent.

i like the location.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They did not mention their pool and hot tub was closed, I have a terrible back, and I only chose this hotel because of that. They would not let me cancel my reservation, or discount my room. So regardless I was forced to pay the room. They didn’t provide the services they claim to have. I understand accidents happen, but you take care of your guests. Terrible customer service.

Nothing. This doesn’t deserve a 2.5 rating, it deserves a 0.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This place should charge less than 75 per night. Between the lack of sound insulation and being able to smell the room next to us (toilet smells not nice) I cannot recommend this place. Seriously disappointed

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom floors dirty. Not up to Country Inn’s normally high standards! Feels like an old hotel that got a quick paint job and a new bathroom. Rugs need to be replaced.

Breakfast.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very clean, nice facility, great Wifi and cable TV, comfortable king size bed, this was just a stopover, bjut great also if spending time in Savannah.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleaning staff was good at maintaining the facility. However, it was a little annoying when they kept knocking the door for housekeeping, when the sign on the door clearly stated do not disturb. They should know that this means house keeping is not needed. Not only did they knock while the sign is on the door, but they would proceed to open the door with their key.

Facility was clean, and front desk clerk was very friendly and polite.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Noisy on the main floor, throughout the entire night. Moved to 2nd fl which was a bit better, but had to have both rooms re-keyed at least once each during our 2 day stay. Hot tub was dirty, noticed dead skin cells floating in foam (which shouldn't be foaming in the first place). Left 2 nights early without any concern expressed by staff.

Breakfast was good

Overall, No Complaints..

It Was A Good Hotel For The Money, It was Clean And The Staff Was Friendly. The Breakfast was Good And The Pool Area Was Clean, My Granddaughter Enjoyed The Pool! I Would Stay There Again. NO COMPLAINTS....

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything went well until checking out. A male housekeeper continued to enter room after repeatedly telling him my wife was dressing in the bathroom. He kept insisting he had to put clean towels in the bathroom. I tried to block his way as he insisted. At the moment the only thing else to come to my mind was to escalate my voice hoping to draw attention of another employee. The day desk clerk came down the hall to the rescue. Each of the desk clerks were very cordial and helpful. Thanks.

NOTHING

BREAKFAST-LOVELY& DELICIOUS BED-WONDERFUL,COMFORTABLE ROOM-SPACIOUS & CLEAN STAFF- FRIENDLY & HELPFUL NO PETS & NO SMOKING- 3 CHEERS

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff wasn’t very helpful, fire alarm went off and staff shut it off even with a possible danger still present putting residence at risk.

Cleanliness and comfort of the rooms were up to expectations.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The stains on the carpet, bed linens, the dirty bathroom & poor lighting, etc. There were also no luggage carts available at check in or check out.

It was obvious that there seems to be an overall neglect & lack of attention to detailed cleanliness in my room. I was simply to tired to speak with someone on staff about it. I’ll never stay at this Country Inn & Suites again!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I requested a quiet room and got put in a balcony room above the reception area and breakfast room. Do not take a room here it is noisy!

Great location off the I-95 for a one night stop. The hotel is on a huge complex with many other hotels, gas stations and restaurants. A good breakfast to grab and go.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We stayed next to the elevator in tje second floor....it was a very awful noise all night long, we couldn't sleep....

The room was comfortable and clean. Actually the 2 queen room was better than the one king bed...

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to stand outside for over 30 minutes one morning because the fire department wanted everyone out the building and the alarm was going off. Monday night, the coldest night the heat didn’t work. The night worker did not accommodate us with a space heater or another room. She lied and told us the General manager was coming and he did not show up until the next day. The manager did compensate us for the night we stayed without heat.

Everyone on the staff was friendly except the young lady that worked Monday night. Also, the facility was clean.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bathtub curtain was smelly. Also the bathtub knob didn't work properly. It didn't go to each mode completely.

The bed specially pillows were very comfortable and clean.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It is an older hotel and no upgrades have been done to it inside. Outside it looked nice. It smelled like old. Our room was supposed to be clean and some clear candy wrappers were on the floor, so they did not do a good job of cleaning. I would not recommend to stay with family especially little kids.

The staff was nice and the free breakfast.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Property needs updating to noisy, there was a small fire doing our stay was told that it was a false alarm. We that all said we cut our stay short by three days. But we are still Country Inn & Suites customers for all trips.

Staff was very friendly and took care of our needs.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Awakened at 7:45 by a hard object knock on our door and three others. There was an attempt to get in but bolt was across. Room clock was set an hour ahead. In our mind these were both attempts to get people out early .

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I only wish the hotel was closer to downtown Savannah, but that wouldn’t stop me from staying here again.

The room was large and comfortable & had all the amenities I expected. The entire hotel was clean & well kept. The layout of the hotel was very efficient. The breakfast had many selections & the staff was friendly & kept it well tended.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room just wasn't clean. Shower head was full of funk, towels visibly dirty, and a very damp/moldy smell. I was very disappointed.

The location .

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Safety of bathtub - need grab bars

Breakfast was great - would be nice to have biscuit by the gravy . Also have grab bars in the bathroom - I am a senior - do not need handicapped room - but to would have felt safer getting out of shower if it had at least one grab bar at the back of the tub. With the aging of American citizens you might want to think about that up coming demographics with any remodeling in the future . I have been a nurse for 44 years and have lived working with seniors for the past 17 years - it is not really that expensive to make the transition to be geriatric friendly . We checked in at little after 11 pm and left at 9am . I did not see the sign about being AAA company so did not asked for discount . When asked after I checked in your receptions said she could not give it to me because manager needed to approve - at. 9 am when we checked out manager not there to give the discount back . That was the only issue I had . Otherwise everyone was extremely friendly , smiling and helpful . Lady in the breakfast area wa doing a superb job keeping the food and drink items replenished 😊👌

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was told that by desk clerk that she was not authorized to give me my military discount. Only if I reserved on line. I was very puzzled. So I sat down in the lobby and reserved on line. Walked back up to the desk clerk with my reservation #. She said I am not authorized to give you your military discount. You should have said so in your on line reservation. I said that this not in any way like the previous Carlson Hotel I stayed in. In fact, my only reason for selecting this one is how open and friendly they were to the military in my previous stay out in Kansas. I called customer service upon arriving home. They were very courteous and apologetic. They granted me 3000 extra Carlson Club points. They also said that the management at Savannah would call me within two days. They never did.

I was not a happy camper because of the military discount refusal.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast layout with hot foods on one side of the room was a little awkward. It would be better to have them situated closer or side by side.

The bed was really comfortable. The room was spacious. The breakfast was good and hot.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My room had sort of a damp smell to it but probably because the toilet had a small leak

It was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. In walking distance to restaurants and shopping and only about a 10 to 15 minute drive to river street

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This particular trip the price of the room was high. it was over 200.00 a night! Way more than we usually pay to stay here. And unfortunately we had to leave a night early do to a family emergency.

Breakfast is always GREAT!!! Clean area to eat. rooms are clean and we like having the sofa.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms smelled like wet towels. The sinks were clogged. The fire alarms kept going off. There wasn’t enough mirrors or lighting to get ready for things. Didn’t look like pictures.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The sound on the tv was not working and their was a false fire alarm at 2am and we had to go outside with our kids for 30 minutes

it was a good price. Clean and nice location

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I wish the workers would stay off there cell phones

This place was a great place to stay it was just the front desk was always on there cell phones everytime yu needed help

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been a little more expansive; seemed more continental than buffet style.

The staff was helpful and resolved my issue quickly; the room and bed were comfortable once I set the temperature to my liking.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very filthy, smell was horrible, moved to a different twice. One because smell was so horrible the first time , and second because toilet overflowed. So that meant twice we were inconvinced to move our all things from hotel to the next. Toilet in hotel was hideous! Second room from the first bathroom toilet seat was lop sided, feces and gunk residue found behind toilet seat, we had to buy air freshener for the room . Room smelled of very old carpet and cigarettes! Nasty black stain on the carpet. Once the toilet overflowed in the bathroom and on the carpet in the room, we politely informed them, they sent up a plunger they did not stay to see if problem was fixing they left and did not offer another room another i had to ask . Remind you water and fecal matter ended up by this point on the carpet and in the bathroom this was late at night. My mom and I were both tired! I tried to leave go to another hotel everything around was pretty much booked up at this so i had to suck it up move to another room. That room had a dripping A/C which the room is probably full of mold! Toilet seat had scratches and was very worn out and once again back toilet seat was filthy! I will never ever come back here! Also it wasnt like i was the guest who made a scene i was very polite, and quiet and so was the lady and gent i met at the front desk that wasnt management. But this place was a night mare! Oh and dont look yeah and all the inconvience they charged me the full bill still!

👍

Bed was confortable. I like that there was plenty of parking and the location was great. The staff was particularly nice. The first one did not work for me to cuss at the door however the staff was very accommodating, getting me moved right away.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I was under the impression that the room had a kitchen like the abet corn location . Especially for that price. It was a lot cheaper at the other location There was no bacon for breakfast.

They stay was extremely friendly. No complaints and very helpful.

All good - no complaints

Friendly staff, clean & very comfortable. The room was exactly as shown on their website & great 'full' breakfast.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel rooms were large enough, clean and smelled good. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I've stayed at this hotel before in another state and that's why I booked this hotel.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room 228 we stayed in had a foul oder. When we entered the room we were met with this smell.We immediately reported this at the front desk. We asked for another room but the hotel was booked up .

I liked the area it was located . There were a lot of eating places in walking distance near by.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Pool was freezing cold. Fire alarm set off early morning due to hot tub. Plus pets on premises that were truly not service dogs, barking, begging for food while dining for breakfast plus owner jerking leash to keep the dog under control. No apologies no discount for inconvenience

Theclocation

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was just okay. Upon checking out I had a receipt showing a balance due of $0, yet upon driving down the road I get a call saying we still owed $10 but they couldn't figure out why. We paid it anyway, but hopefully they figure their system out.

I liked the location of the hotel. King suite was very comfortable except hearing the person next door coughing up their lungs all night.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The indoor pool window stayed open and you never know if it was a guest or someone who did not belong.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was adequate but lacked a microwave in room.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was rude and unaccommodating. They're attitudes were awful. The pregnant girl was the only one who was actually friendly. Parking was a little crowded and inconvenient at night, but during the day it was OK. The pool was super cold, which we didnt expect for an indoor pool. And the hot tub was nasty.

Rooms were very spacious and clean. The bathroom was nice and clean. Beds were very comfy. The breakfast was really good! Kids loved it! The property was nice and quiet.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We were exhausted and got in much later than planned due to horrid traffic. The staff was so kind and accomodating even at 11:30pm! Much appreciated. We will return. And thanks for the cookies!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The doors to the pool were faulty, and could stand to be replaced, but this is a minor complaint and didn't affect the function of the pool itself.

Breakfast selection was expansive and delicious, and the hotel as a whole was well equipped for our needs. The room was very clean and well kept, and the staff were friendly and accommodating.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I had asked for a higher floor room.. But was downstairs, and of course the upstairs had kids that ran/ jumped for hours at a time.. but lucky, assuming that checked out, so the 2nd nite wasn't bad

Room was very clean, the bed was very very comfortable

Browse Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Gateway, GA traveller photo gallery