Reviews of Charleston Grand Hotel 3 stars

6.1

5.7

5.6

• Standard King Room

Staff was rude. When asked for help with getting a trashbag,change,etc. They diverted me to other nonhelpful staff as well. Washer was broke and I was not told until I lost my money which then was not refunded. Me and my 2 year old daughter showed up at breakfast right at 9am and was told to leave in a very foul manner. I was charged for smoking in the room and I do NOT nor have I EVER smoked in my life!

Pool was nice. Room was nice.

• Standard King Room

The hotel wasn’t especially clean and it’s sandwiched between a railroad track and interstate. We were kept awake all night with trains passing slowly and sounding their horn. The rooms are dated with old repairs not covered up etc, bathroom floor was grimey and you could see where housekeeping had just cleaned the middle of it. My sheets were stained and the duvet had a cigarette burn in it. The first room smelled damp and mouldy so I asked to be moved which they did. Breakfast was cereal and one waffle maker which was in demand!

Hotel the staff were friendly and helpful and we had a fridge and microwave in our room

• Standard King Room

Room balcony won't open... Needs renovations

The rooms were rub down beds with lumps stains on the signs. The hangers were all over the closet... We went for a balcony we couldn't even open SMH... I will never go back

• Standard King Room

It was okay, location was a bit distant from main entertainment and shopping area, upkeep was so-so. breakfast was a joke, space and food was inadequate, you were bumping in each other to get to the food. the hallway was stale stuffy smelling and the towels were worn and rough. We found left over food in the microwave from previous guest.

The Room was spacious and the bed very comfortable.

• Standard King Room

Old hotel, Bad neighborhood. Room had odd smell, Staff congregate in common areas

Inexpensive especially for Charleston. The room itself was overall good

• Double Accessible Room

Rained on bed and floor, no hot water. This is the room we changed into because other room had no air conditioning. No lighting in entry to room

• Standard King Room

Itchy blanket, feather pillow (allergy to feathers) Draperies were falling off, floors wrapped & creaky.

very uncomfortable. But the bathroom had been recently renovated, best part TV good

• Standard King Room

The hotel did not honor the price that booking.com gave me. The sink in the bathroom was cracked and patched.

The bed was very comfortable and spacious.

• King Suite

Breakfast was minimal continental. No fruit, no dairy other than milk for cereal and creamer for coffee.

Staff was friendly and courteous. We needed additional linens for sleeper and to allow family to bathe. Environmental services came with extra towels, sheets and cover for sofa sleeper, additional coffee supplies.

Bath tub didn’t have a plug, making only showers possible. No trash can in bathroom which we found a bit odd. Not located in a nice part of town, as pictures might otherwise suggest. Lots of peeling paint and nicks in the walls, which isn’t a big deal, just could’ve looked a little better cared for.

Very friendly staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Price was decent. Nice amenities.

When we arrive the receptionist was very rude. We ask her to pay with two different card, and she never answer us! And than they actually just take all the money in one card! Not the right person to work in a reception!

Is a great hotel! Very close to the center! 12min driving by car! The breakfast is a little bit early (7-9am) but there are waffle, yogurt, milk and muffin and fruit!

• Standard King Room

The room was not clean. The towels were frayed and tiny. The breakfast was a joke and horrible. The decor was ugly. The surrounding area was scary and rundown. Many things in the room were broken or missing

Nothing. This is by far the worst place we have ever stayed in. The bed was comfortable and clean

• Standard King Room

Not enough food for everyone at the breakfast. Room service is bad. We were left with no towels, even though we had left tips. For the price paid we expected better service.

• Standard King Room

The hotel is rundown, it has an awful odor from the moment you walk in, to all areas of the building, the carpets, the rooms, etc. The should do well to invest in upgrading their facilities, because the location is excellent and the staff does an amazing job!, but the facilities are in great need of repair, improve and modernize.

The Staff was excellent as far as customer service and doing their best to offer the best service to customers. Their breakfast selection was not bad, but it could use some improvement.

• King Suite

The parking lot is very dark, the area doesn't look the best. There was a DJ set up outside when we arrived blaring music and kids screaming over the microphone. It was 9:30 PM when we arrived and they continued to play music and scream until around 11 PM. The hotel did not honor any of the special request that were offered when the room was booked.

We were happy with the room, the room appeared to be clean and like they had made an effort to make it nice.

I didn't like I didn't like the country breakfast the room was too small for the hotel and it seemed like all the guest got down there at the same time making it difficult to enjoy the experience

I like the closeness to the beach

• Standard King Room

The room was nice but it had a musty odor to it-we went to the store and got some Freebreze which helped some. The fitness room had exercise equipment that I could not figure out how to enter my information on the treadmill. The only thing is no handicapped parking except for in front of the Soul Food restaurant next door to the motel.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good and the lady that put the food out was very helpful especially to my husband who is disabled. It was a good deal for the money and it was near I26 and not far from downtown Charleston. The people that worked there was nice and helpful. I would go there again.

• Standard King Room

outdated, musty smell, wasnt as clean as it should be, some stains on the towels I received, some stains on the comforter as well.

bed was comfy, air conditioning was nice

• Standard King Room

Breakfast was nice, it lasted until 10 on the weekend which is good for late risers. Our room was clean and well stocked. The bed was firm which I wasn't too fond of but it wasn't a deal breaker. The staff was friendly and also willing to help. Overall it was a good experience.

• Double Accessible Room

Nothing at all. They closed the doors 15min earlier to the horrible breakfast, we had to change rooms 3 times due to lack of preparation. Dirty females underwear on the counter, the bathroom door wouldn’t shut and no remotes to anything. The next room had a lady already asleep in the bed, the next room had no a/c at all and was like a sauna and finally the last room they moved us in was o.k. Compared to the previous rooms. The staff did not communicate and had misinformation about many things. It was in a bad part of town where one of the guys outside said yea this where we usually post up and get our hustle on and they were all strapped with guns, why would I say that because we saw the guns. Even though I felt no threat this was by far the worst hotel I ever stayed at and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone and it needs to be completely renovated or knocked down.

Its by the interstate

• Standard King Room

Microwave did not work; coffee pot did not work. no hot water. Room was not cleaned, and at 8:50 at night, 2 ladies were still talking and somewhat working on that floor cleaning rooms. Mostly talking. When asked, I was told it was not her job, and the cleaning person for my room had already moved to another floor?????????? Toilet seat was falling off. Was not told that 5 train tracks were directly behind the hotel, so if you have a room on the back of the hotel, you will be listening to trains most of the night.

Employees at front desk were nice, friendly, and helpful.

• Standard King Room

Found cockroaches in the bathroom. The sheets on the bed had someone else's hair on them. No hot water when I tried to take a shower. When I turned on the heat to warm up the room it caused the fire alarm to come on and smelt like it was burning. Hotel is not in the best of neighborhoods.

The staff were helpful. That's about all.

• King Suite

Breakfast- no meat product Rm- humid/turn off ac unit Personnel look unhappy

The room was spacious The bed was comfortable Located next to I26E/W

• Standard King Room

Room was not clean, thin walls, halls smelled of marijuana, expected better facilities based on ratings - not 3 star level; likely 2 Star

Ok location, nice staff

• Double Accessible Room

The handicapped shower not being adaptable for regular people, not hard to do. Loud housekeepers. Bad breakfast. They attempted to get a $150 deposit from me for one night. Leaky AC. Sketchy screwed/bolted down sliding glass door, trash around pool, weird people, overpriced, false advertising on booking

The fridge

• Standard King Room

The staff was very kind , the breakfast was good, the bed was comfy, the room was clean, & the bathrooms were perfectly set up, the towels were even folded to look like flowers !

• Standard King Room

The immediate location was bad, I would not go out after dark if I were there alone. The front desk staff were not very attentive to guests standing at the counter. When I went to plug my cpap machine (breathing machine)into the wall, the plug and plug cover pushed all the way into the wall. Overall, it seems that the owner of the hotel does not care very much about their business and are really neglecting the property.

I did like the breakfast options. Being pregnant, they had options to fit my diet. The general location is covenient to what Charleston has to offer and it is located directly off of the highway, though it is a little difficult to get in the parking lot, but it is doable.

Breakfast could be a little better. Fresh fruit was lacking when I arrived in breakfast room. Personal taste, but I would rather have a bagel (with cream cheese) or a donut than a waffle.

Room was clean and so was bathroom. Front end staff very helpful. Ample parking.

• Double Accessible Room

Pictures on Website were very deceiving. Rooms were run down, bathroom door would not shut. Bugs and cigarette butts all around the pool. Could not use patio doors. Screwed shut.

The staff were very friendly and professional.

• Standard King Room

The photos of the hotel listed on Booking.com website are not accurate photos for 2018...maybe for 2000. The place is in a ROUGH section of town. The staff did not appear to know what they were doing. Tried to charge me an additional $25.00 per day for parking while I was Cruising I had emailed hotel prior to reserving to make sure that parking was included I was advised parking was included. also prior to reserving I inquired about shuttle service to and from the Port and was advised the cost is paid directly to the driver $10.00 per person each way. when we arrived we parked in the unloading zone for check in; the once checked in circle around in the parking lot to find that there was no parking places. There was a restaurant next door to the Hotel that did catering and events...well they were having an even that would last until 11pm. Hotel staff advised us to park wherever we felt secure parking until the event was over. On to the room; Mold on the shower curtain, dirty wash cloth left behind hanging in the shower curtain. The entire place is outdated. patch places on the ceiling in the bathroom, the sliding glass door didn't have a locking mechanism nor just a wooden stick to place in the track to prevent someone from opening the doors. Railroad switch yard located just behind the Hotel; was very noisy beginning at day break. Linens were stained. Shuttle service to the Port was excellent. Upon arriving back at Port at 6:15 am I called the hotel around 7 am and inquired what time to expect the shuttle at the Port and was advised that we were on our own for finding transportation from the Port to the hotel to retrieve our cars. The Desk person said that we would have to call a taxi or uber for transportation because the shuttle wouldn't be operating that day. My party was furious. We will NEVER stay here again; and will advise anyone else that may be considering this location not to stay here.

I did not like anything about this hotel. Was misleading form the beginning. The photos of the hotel listed on Booking.com website are not accurate photos for 2018...maybe for 2000. The place is in a ROUGH section of town.

• Double Accessible Room

Room was dirty, Bedspread had cigarette burns in it. We had to switch rooms twice because the first room the bathroom door wouldnt shut. The second room the air conditioning didnt work. The third room smelled funny but once the air conditioner cooled it down the smell went away. The walls were patched with spackle without paint.The door on one the dressers covering the mini fridge was falling off. The TV had a black line going down the center. The towels were stained and the mattresses were stained also. I pulled the sheets back to make sure there werent bed bugs and noticed the mattresses were completely stained.

• Standard King Room

Your picture of the hotel looks like it has a balcony that's why we chose it and got there it was not one

Loved the room the great location not far from entertainment/fun

• Standard King Room

the hotel was very quite, no noise from any of the other guests, very easy to find and the room was just what I needed for a 1 night stay and the staff was very friendly. I will be staying here again!!!

• King Suite

everything. it was dirty and smelly

nothing, it was terrible. very dirty. had to ask for clean sheets. the breakfast was terrible and the room smelled of mold.

• Standard King Room

well everytime i go there i never have to give them a hundred and fifty dollars in cash and have to put another off my card which im still waiting for to get put back into my account

nothing at all

No coffee except during "breakfast" hours.. also breakfast in quotations because the only thing available was make your own waffles or white bread in the toaster.

Bed was super comfy. Nice hit shower

• Standard King Room

Curtains provided no privacy, train sounds woke us up several times on both nights, work out room was dirty and weights were falling apart.

Staff was helpful and courteous.

• Standard King Room

Rooms had terrible oder. Floors were not cleaned. Crumbs everywhere. Upholstery was stained. Air conditioning did not work. We did not stay one night. Oder was making me sick to my stomach.

Had to be moved to a different room because the A/C didn’t work. The second room had no door knob on the bathroom door so you could see right through the door knob hole. Plus walls were very thin. We heard other guests all night.

Beds were comfortable

The mirror was broken in the sliding closet door. There was no parking spaces for our compact car. You could here everthing that went on in the hall ( A female was beating on the door down the hall and yelling let me in. ) Our door was closed & it sounded like she was at our door. There was also a noise that went on most of the night that sounded like some one was throwing metal balls against the wall.

The bed was ok

Very rough neighborhood! There is a cop on duty over the weekend, if that tells ya anything. Not clean! But the staff was super friendly. But I will not ever stay here again.

• King Suite

This place was dirty, there was NO breakfast, staff was rude. There were literally roaches crawling in my room on the walls. There was trash in the hallway(razor blade cover and gum wrappers) in the hallway the ENTIRE time we stayed there, they were never picked up!

Absolutely nothing

• Standard King Room

Next to train tracks although the trains stopped running after 10 pm. Complementary breakfast is spartan. Not a big deal, but unable to open sliding doors for fresh air.

Staff friendly. Easy to control the climate in the room and the TV was high quality. Bed allowed for a good night's sleep. Good value and highway access is easy.

The person who gave us our room sent us to the wrong room. Which was full of other people. When we went back to the front desk the lady accused us of going to the wrong room.

• Standard King Room

Our first room given to us was not clean or finished so we went down to the front and the lady apologized and gave us a new room. The location wasnt the greatest, it was in a bad part of north Charleston and you had to get on the highway to go anywhere.

The staff was friendly and the price was great for what we needed it for. The front desk lady was also friendly when there was a mess up with our room and when we needed some advice on restaurants for dinner.

• Standard King Room

The day clerk was not informed of the accommodations that the manager had made in allowing us to bring our dogs. When she saw us walking them on the property that morning, she instantly assumed we were hiding our dogs on purpose and proceeded to yell at us profusely. Even after telling her multiple times that the manager had given her approval and the evening clerk who checked us in had known as well, she REFUSED to believe us and forbade us from going back into our room with the dogs. Finally, after about 15 minutes she checked our guest notes and came to tell us that "The manager said it was ok." Well yes, that's exactly what we were trying to tell her all along before she flew off the handle! She then proceeded to threaten us and say, "but if we find any waste, we're charging you $350." She saw us outside with our dogs that morning with waste bags, and we've travelled across the country and back with them - we're responsible pet owners and the threat was unnecessary. As we were checking out, we made sure to have an employee walk the property with us to verify that there was no waste, because I don't doubt that she would have claimed there was just to charge us. (Note: in reviewing our bill, there was indeed a $350 charge added and then later voided off). Not one single apology for the unnecessary attitude, either. Why is this woman in a customer-facing position if she is that quick to anger? We did nothing wrong, and did not deserve to be yelled at like that. In addition, there is a nightclub/bar on the property (directly attached to the hotel) that plays very loud music. We had people parked outside our hotel room all night playing loud music from their speakers, and the people above us were very loud. In walking the property with our dogs, we found needles and broken glass. There are also train tracks nearby, and 3 separate trains came through that night.

The manager and the evening clerk were incredibly friendly and made special accomodations for us. We found a website that said they were pet friendly, so made a note in our booking that we were bringing our pets. The manager called back to tell us that they don't normally allow pets, but kindly made an exception for us and allowed us to bring them as we were already on our way out the door when she called. The evening clerk who checked us in was very pleasant and understanding about the situation.

The floors in our room were sticky, the towels were stained, the wash cloths had hair woven into the fabric, there was hair stuck to the hair dryer, and the hallway smelled like old cooking mixed with stale cigarette smoke. We would've been better off sleeping in our vehicle and if we could've found another hotel room for approximately the same price ($100/night), I would have requested a full refund and changed hotels. Never again will I stay at the Charleston Grand Hotel. It is not Grand...maybe a Grand disappointment.

Checking out of the hotel; the staff was friendly.

• King Suite

Our room was on the front side and was extremely noise at night from the traffic outside.It needs some kind of noise barrier.

The king size bed was fabulous. And the breakfast was good

I'm from upstate SC, wanting to take a day trip to get out of my town with my fiance and son. Online pictures were deceptive. I did use booking.com. When I arrived the place was outdated. Located in the slums, but I remained optimistic while checking in that day. The lady that checked me in was not very welcoming. I stayed for one day at this hotel in room 317 in bed closest to the wall with my fiance and my son stayed in the bed by the outside perimeter of the room: mystery colorful fluids on wall near the bed closest to bathroom, bathroom bar in shower had mystery red stain flowing from it, fan falling from bathroom ceiling, bed closest to wall hard feeling like sleeping on ply-wood, under toilet was nasty like it had never been washed with lines of yellow coming from the bowl on the outside, non-smoking room with smell of smoke as if someone was smoking out in the hallway that woke me up at 5a (after I finally fell asleep a little before then from the bed being so hard). 7a breakfast room was closed at 7a; had to wait for a staff member to open it at 7:15, which the fridge was empty in it, the cereals were empty, the juice machine was off, nothing available except the only available food was the waffles, which even the waffles had no flavor, which my fiance thinks was either the cheapest mix or watered down recipe. The lady that did check me out was friendly at least. Worst part was the $150 deposit that I was not informed they charged in addition to the fee of $110 for staying there, which was charged the night I stayed and overdrafted my checking account, which I realized the day I came home. For that, I could've stayed downtown Charleston for $260 a night without any headaches. I understand you get what you pay for, but this was beyond that. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Very noisy at night. Also we were told if you open the balcony door it would be a $350 charge, said it was for safety, however the balcony door didn't have a lock. Good thing we were on the fifth floor...

For the price it was not that bad, however don't expect too much at breakfast. Waffles, coffee, juice, cereal, some muffins and yogurt.

• Standard King Room

Dirty bathroom...mold,floor was lifting from water damage..which was dangerous. The location seemed very dangerous, I did not feel safe. Did not sleep ...doors being slammed...people making lots of noise.

Panel on air conditioner was broken and it was blowing out hot air. Outside of the facility there were beer bottles on the ground. Not a clean area. I would highly recommend looking for another hotel to stay at. There was a run down restaurant attached to the hotel that I accidentally walked into, the air conditioner did not work in there either.

• Standard King Room

Where do I start?? Away from everything I actually gps tried to match when booking to be near! Loud as H E double hockey sticks!! Thin walls could hear everything all night from loud music, trains, motorcycles, people loudly talking outside from us being on the seventh floor!! Never ever again!!! $100 for what?? Out dated, thin walls, and far away for anything! Room never got cold or stayed cold; old air conditioning unit.

There was a bed to sleep in

• Standard King Room

I didn't stay the property because the inside and outside was dirty-used the bathroom in the hotel and that was gross. I felt unsafe in the area.

• Standard King Room

On first night couldn’t get shower water temperature up above lukewarm. Floor boards were peeling up, with large gaps in between.

Staff was nice, and free parking is always good

It is too close to the highway. if you don't like noise, maybe you want to see to get the other side of the hotel. There isn't anything to see around the hotel. Finding it can be a bit challenge for the first timers. You have to go into Charleston if you want any good food and other entertaining options.

If you can't get anywhere to stay inside Charleston, this isn't a bad choice. The location is reasonable and once you are familiarized with the road, going into the city isn't too bad. The staffs are very friendly. they do have a massive parking lot.

• Standard King Room

In our room: broken fixtures, missing light bulb, holes in the ceiling and walls, towels had to be brought to the room; no restaurants nearby, complimentary breakfast had minimal choices in a less than pleasant atmosphere!

• Standard King Room

the white lady at front desk very rude and obnoxious

our room was comfortable.most of the staff was excellent.had a problem with the white lady at the desk . about extra pillows and comforter

• Standard King Room

The room we were in was on the far end of the building where there was a freight train yard. The trains were getting moved and hooked up most of the night. It was all very loud. Slept very poorly.

The person behind the desk was very busy but remained very professional. Checking people in and answer questions on the phone for guests. She did a great job under tough circumstances.

• Standard King Room

The place was filthy! The fitted king size sheet had soiled yellow spots in the center of the mattress. Very gross! I grabbed the closest maid on our floor and asked her to change the sheet which she did without a fuss! She was apologetic and stated that it wasn’t her room to clean and that she would make a report to the management. The Pergo floors were a nice touch, but they weren’t mopped before our arrival because there were multiple spots of dried sticky stuff on the floor. We didn’t remove our shoes until just before bedtime. The common areas were dirty and run down and the elevator floors didn’t look like they had been mopped in a while. At night the parking area gets creepy with homeless people wandering around.

We felt that the staff were very pleasant and professional.

Want we got to our room 303 it looks like it was ok but want we look at the bed it had FECES ON THE PILLOW!!! That was not ok !!! So they changed our room and it was not clear so me and my daughter wipe down the room our self until in the morning we left at 8:30 AM. Didn't enjoy comfort at this Motel please do not go there it is nasty. Staff members at front desk was very nice about things I handled that very professionally I even took pictures for evidence. If I was still with the state I would have made a big issue out of this due to health environment for our people that comes to stay at their motel for comfort .

Was ok But ????

• Standard King Room

They charged me $25 for leaving out of the room at 11:13 saying that check out is 11:00. They seen me on the camera carrying bags and still charged me. Also the manager vivian is never there to handle managerial decisions.

Quick check in

• Standard King Room

Didn't like anything other than the location

The manager need to learn to have a better attitude towards the customer,if they don't rent any room the don't make any money.they show know concern towards the complaint. They give customer cold shoulders and even talk about the customer management has poor skills on how to run that hotel,laughing and giggling and talking about one another it is ridiculous.

The shuttle driver was late because staff did not notify him of our arrival time. The place is a mess. Our first room assigned, 617, could not be opened with our card. I called down, and was told to come back down. We were pushing a cart with heavy bags that was noisy and not smooth. Our new room, 211, opened properly. The bathroom had an electrical outlet hanging from the wires; the toilet bowl and seat bottom had blood on them; the toilet seat was loose; and the whole toilet was out of line. We did not use the shower because of the rust. The lamp shades are dirty and the curtain was torn from a few hangers. The morning shuttle for 7:00 am was not available after we waited 20 minutes before waiting another 10 for a cab. The lunch room sign said open at 6:00 didn't open till 7:00. The volume control was missing. We had asked for a wake up call for 6:15 am; when we left the room about 6:50, no call yet. The place is filthy--cigarette butts galore and on the elevator floor and dirty carpets in the room and hallway. Staff is either not available or poorly trained. In all my years of travel, I have never stayed in such a pig pen, and I would certainly not choose Grand Hotel. If you need more, please notify me!

• King Suite

No remote when we checked in and no tv guide, the smoke detector was missing, the elevators were filthy, the coffee was horrible. The breakfast area ceiling had a leak. Water was seeping through the floor in the room.

The bed was very comfortable and the suite was spacious. The desk clerk at check-in was friendly and helpful. The curtains closed all the way, which is not the case in all hotels.

• King Suite

The bench to put my shoes on was missing a wheel when I tried to sit I fell.The sliding door would not close all the way and lots of traffic.Cars doing burnouts motorcycles reving up engines.The pillows had no pillow cases.The A/C unit cover was hanging off.

• Standard King Room

Room was not very clean. The sliding glass door was sealed shut but very poorly sealed. I could smell people smoking within the hotel. The staff partied every night out back till early hours and made a lot of noise. Shower was poorly maintained. Hair in the drain and the shower curtain was old and even had a cigarette burn in it. Head board of the bed was dirty looking. Maid service seemed to take all day to turn over rooms. The free breakfast was very limited and the staff was eating it too. The surrounding neighborhood was a bit unsetteling. After a rainstorm the hotel had a number of leaks.

The price from booking.com was fair

• Standard King Room

Sheets filthy. Lying clerks. Location. Did not get what paid for.

Not at airport. Clerk lied and said shuttle was coming and it was not so we were stranded at airport needlessly. We did not receive the free shuttle, which was essential to choosing this hotel. We need a $20 refund to cover taxi, and will have to fight for it. Clerk admitted lying about shuttle being on way when it was not. Two other clerks on phone prior could have said no shuttle. Sign said shuttle costs instead of free. Sheets filthy. Bookings should require removal of claim to be airport hotel, and shuttle should be removed from listing.

• King Suite

The location is right off the interstate in a sketchy neighborhood. The sink (see photo below) looked like it had not been cleaned. A floodlight outside the room highlighted how badly the room needs paint and plaster work. (see photo below). If my allergic reaction to the amount of dust in the room hadn't kept me up anyway, that floodlight sure would have. I wish the property invested in similarly lighting the parking lot. Fearing what might be living in the linens, I slept in my clothes. I'd have slept on the sofa, but there was no set of sealed spare linens as one normally finds in a suite. The sign in the bathroom indicating how much guests would be charged for such items suggests management fears theft. I did not feel safe here. I did feel ripped off.

The hotel was close to the airport.

• Standard King Room

Breakfast. There are only waffles, some terribly sweet oatmeal from a packet and some very colourful cereal.

The nearness to major roads if you want a quick escape. And the bed was pretty comfy.

• King Suite

The floor in the room was sticky, there was a light switch that apparently did not work anything, and there were items still in the room that were obviously left there from a previous guest. There was a broken down food truck and a moving van behind the hotel that have clearly been there for some time and had homeless people sleeping in them as well. One of the doors on the building was even broken with the latch just hanging there.

The hotel was convienent to the interstate.

• Standard King Room

The furniture was horrible, for example, the only chair was not stable so cannot sit in it. The toilet was not fastened to the floor so it rocked. Dozens of youths partied outside the hotel building entire night till 5am, screams and car hanks made my sleep impossible, but hotel staff knew yet did not control. Service was not good, many things did not work or missing.

Hotel staff at front desk were very friendly and it was not their fault this hotel should have low ranking.

• Standard King Room

The free breakfast was a joke. Our room was not cleaned the whole time we were there--no trash dumped, no bed made, no clean towels left. We had to call the front desk for clean towels everyday. There were railroad tracks behind the hotel. We were awakened by trains and one night a fight in the parking lot.

The staff was friendly.

The bathroom sink was nasty,the phone did not work, the smoke detector was detached, and around 2 a.m. that was a strong smell of marijuana coming into the room. I had a child in the room and I was very concerned with that.

The staff was really nice

Browse Charleston Grand Hotel traveller photo gallery