Reviews of Lexington Inn at JFK Airport 2 stars

5.9

4.9

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Stay and save at the Lexington Inn, Queens, NY

Although this was nothing the hotel had control over, the City decided to do road construction around the hotel at night. The noise from the jack hammer and the beeping from the trucks backing were unbearable. I did file a complaint with the city regarding this noise during sleeping hours.

I like its location. It was in an area where I could walk to various restaurants and fast food.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

IT SUCKED REALLY BAD.

THERE WAS NO BREAKFAST, NOT ABLE TO BRING LUGGAGE IN SO I SLEPT IN THE VAN TO KEEP IT SAFE.THERE WAS NO INTERNET. THE COFFEE WAS HORRIBLE. THIS OVERALL EXPERINANCE WAS JUST EXHAUSTING.

I DIDNT LIKE ANY OF THE SERVICE.

Would not bring my family here

For a non-smoking room we kept smelling marijuana throughout the night. This was unacceptable since I was traveling with my 2 year old child and wife.

The people on the counter were very nice and pleasant

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

I would never go back don't stay tjeir.

The room was not what was nothing like what they promised. It was not clean. And when I called customer service they couldn't even help. This was a romantic get away that was all messed up.

I liked the location it's easy to get too.

If I have a choice I will never return back there I think they're overpriced you and you still had t

We had no parking we had to pay for parking every day the toilet was very disfigured had a problem getting the shower to work not enough hot water and the floors was dirty

The toilet was very untidy it was a problem getting the shower on not hot enough water for the shower we had no parking had to go out everyday and pay for parking the elevator was very untidy customer service not that great

My skin crawls just thinking about it.

The price was $350, despite the $99 price posted in the window. The website says “spa tub, coffeemaker in the room” etc, so I assumed, as one of the last rooms available, and at such a price, it must be some executive suite. The tub was the standard tub in a shower. There was no coffeemaker in the room. The clerk told us arrogantly, “no breakfast, no coffee!” The furniture looked like it was picked up off the side of the road after a failed yard sale of stuff looted from a fire. The bath towels had (other people’s) hair and blood on them. I kid you not. The floor hadn’t been mopped since 1972 (see pictures). It’s hard to sleep in a place while trying to avoid touching....any of the surfaces anywhere, floor included.

The best part about staying there was getting to leave in the morning. And NEVER return.

Too expensive for the accommodations for sure!

While waiting for the Elevator at 5:45 am to go down stairs to catch a cab to the airport, there was a very drunk man who jumped out to scare us, when the elevator doors opened. He stated he thought it was the maid!

No Breakfast but online specified that there was a continental breakfast. I was not very comfortable in feeling secure with me being a female and traveling alone with my 10 year old daughter.

Far below standard

Staff experience was nothing special. An early check was 60 dollars for an hour and a half, which seemed to be an improvised price. Receptionist was rushing us to payment, asking for signatures immediately as we arrived. The room was old, disgusting and so not worth the price we paid. The shower was not working, there were hairs everywhere and the mattress stains were off-putting beyond belief. i would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

The hotel is located conveniently if you want to stay close to the airport. The sky train station is at 15 minutes walking distance.

New renovated, new floors and new paint.

Tv screen was broken, staff refused to give us another room and the shower head didn’t work so we had to take a bath if we really felt the need to get clean. Small parking lot so it’s literally first come first serve and if you don’t make it in time well good luck finding a spot hopefully at least 3 blocks away minimum.

New renovated, new floors and new paint. Nicely done room.

Proximity to JFK

Too crammed with no space to keep luggage or move around. All fixtures like the lamp, ac, blinds was either broken or patched up. Blinds were not serving the purpose.

Proximity to JFK

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

4 out of 10

No working smoke detector, room & lift in parts grubby. No breakfast due to renovations.

Position of hotel close to JFK. Appeared to be renovating so room was generally good and clean. Ok for 1 night.

Not worth the price.

The guy who was what I believe the manager was not the nicest. He was very short in his responses and not customer oriented. The other two staff were really nice and friendly. The place was under construction so walking in was not the prettiest thing. I wish I would have waited until check in time instead of paying $60 for early check in. It was definitely NOT WORTH $180.00 for one night.

The bed was comfy. The subway station is less than a 5 min walk and the Uber to JFK airport was not bad.

Comfortable bed, noisy room

No breakfast despite being advertised (due to renovation works, so this might be temporary). Noisy room due to poor isolation of window and minibar fridge.

Helpful staff. Comfortable bed. Nice shower.

Stay was last minute but for the price we paid for a night the faculty was horrible. Would not recom

Old facility was under construction refrigerators loaded in lobby creating clutter. Reception man was not inviting or welcoming.

Room tub was out of order. Crack in wall in the shower not enough towels.

Lady staff during the day.

The staff at night No storage for luggage for short time No assistance for luggage transfer

Lady staff during the day. Airport is not far. Taxi is only 20 dollars

The front desk attendant was nice.

The room smelled very strongly of burned chemicals. The bathroom floor was dirty and the mini blinds let in light at night. You can very easily hear the traffic from outside (which was loud) from the 4th floor room we stayed in. The front desk did offer to move us, but the room that was offered was a basement room...

The front desk attendant was nice.

Never again!

WE HATED EVERYTHING!!!. It was just our misluck to book the hotel while under renovation. My husband and I were very disappointed about no breakfast when the hotel's amenities clearly states otherwise. To make matters worst our room had no microwave to warm our meals. The smell was a huge problem. At nights we would be up late because of idiots smoking weed. The lobby smelled of disgusting sweat. We had no wifi connection because our room was on the 5th floor. Our room stunk of fresh paint - we had to leave our windows open. This hotel sucks. The money wasn't worth it.

The trains and buses were nearby to get to the city.

Terrible, don’t do it!

It was dirty, noisy, smoky and smelly. The website represents it as a lot nicer than it was. My bag was stolen from our room on the first day of cleaning. Very disappointing. Because we were put into the basement room we were woken up by the garbage truck and had cigarette smoke leak through the windows/air conditioning unit constantly. DO NOT stay here!

It was close to an express subway station.

The Location was Excellent!

One of their night staff was rude and unpleasant to customers, I did not get his name. And as for the breakfast it was stated online, that it was included but when arrived they say breakfast is not available because they are doing renovations.

The Location was Excellent!

It is close to the JFK airport and is convenient for an...

The building and the room feel to be really old and unpleasant. Also, we made a booking with breakfast but did not get it due to reconstruction of the hotel (though we were promised a compensation).

It is close to the JFK airport and is convenient for an overnight after/before the flight

Worst hotel stay in my life.

Very limited parking. Impossible to sleep. Rap show taking place next door all night could hear everything, had to leave in the middle of the night. T.V. did not work as well.

Proximity to airport.

I will not book this hotel next time.

It was rated as 3 stars facility in booking.com so I selected this hotel. But when I got there, we were totally disappointed. It is more like a zero star hotel. There is a broken Jacuzzi tub right next to the bed; and there is no cup or glass and no luggage rack in the room. the curtain and carpet looks dirty. No ceiling light. The room smells. It was said to provide breakfast when I booked the hotel, but the receptionist said that booking.com never changed it to 'Breakfast NOT included' as they requested.

The location is good for taking the bus or subway to the neighboring towns, or taking Air train to the airport during the daytime.

HORRIBLE

THE HOTEL IS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION THE BATHROOM DIDNT WORK, THE FURNITURE IS HORRIBLE. THEY SHOULD CLOSE THE HOTEL TILL THE RECONSTRUCTION IS DONE. IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE STAYED IN MY LIFE.

Horrible never again ever

The entire stay was horrible.... room dirty, the staff turns off the ac unit from the front desk on the wall they have a thousand of switch for every room each of those switch controls the ac unit. Then they say breakfast included that was a lie no breakfast was served they said because the building is under construction and wouldn't even give a discount for not having breakfast.... the entire building was dirty the staff need to take classes on how to clean then the towels was also nasty and dirty.... Don't stay in this hotel then you have roaches walking around on top of the smell the staff need to take showers before going to work

N O T H I N G

They said breakfast was include with the stay. That was a lie! Construction starting at 6 am. The drilling didn't stop until I check out. HORRIBLE PLACE. I WOULDN'T REMAND A BIG TO STAY THERE.

N O T H I N G

Avoid like the plague

Everything. From filthy lifts to filthy rooms and the wet varnish on all the furniture to no breakfast which we probably would not have eaten anyway if it was prepared on these premises.

Absolutely nothing. This hotel is as bad as every review says it is plus the advertised breakfast does not exist.

Room was filthy, terrible parking, noisy rooms and no breakfast. DO NOT BOOK HERE.

I booked this property with breakfast included in the price I paid. There was NO breakfast there at this property. Apparently there are renovations being done and they have not had breafast for several weeks. We had a 2 year old with us and we booked this property specifically for the breakfast. Very inconvenient. Would like to be reimbursed for the lack of breakfast that I paid for but I'm guessing that won't happen. Also, there are VERY FEW parking spaced at this property. We arrived past midnight from a international flight and spent an hour looking for parking on the streets. We ended up parking at a lot for an additional $13. There needs to be more specific information about the parking at this property that says very limited parking and street parking is a risk. Room smelled terrible, no bed skirt on bed, bathroom door did not shut and very old decor. Worst of all, the room we had was so loud from outside traffic that we were not able to sleep, which was the reason we booked the property in the first place.

Overall I was extremely dissapointed with this hotel. The quality of the room was very poor.

It was a very dissapointing stay. The room was dirty, the shower didn’t work, the curtains did not draw, the safety latch was broken on the door and there was no access to an iron in the whole hotel to prepare a shirt for the following day. For $100 this was extremely poor value for money.

Decent mattress.

Cheap hotel to sleep between the flights

There is NO breakfast as it was stated in our booking (they do renovation of breakfast room), extremely stuffy, air-conditioning is as loud as constitutions works, room is rather dirty and there are yellow spots towel

Close to JFK (10 minutes on foot to AirTrain) and subway (E line)

Over priced, poor facilities and dirty

The hotel is going through renovations. However, it seemed it was very run down and needed those renovations like yesterday. Everything in the room was old and chip. From the furniture to the tv that I could barely see anything on, on most channels. My bathroom door had no lock on it. The ice machine did not work and overall its just old and dirty. They should charge a way lesser per night stay until they can get thise renovations done. If I could I would ask for 50% of my money back. It was not worth it. I might as well had stayed at a run down motel because that what it felt like.

Disgusting place not happy need my money back now please

From the entrance the places smelled very bad like a gym where everyone is sweating All walls are dirty big nasti marks all over the elevators the carpet in the room was old smelly and some parts of it was so old it was showing the ground under it i have pictures There was no hangers in the room or a phine to call front desk Refrigerator was plugrd out and smelled very bad when pluged in it was making noise also the split unit for heat and A/C made a lot of noise and shake we did not sleep all night from the noise kicking The room we got was very bad like ot was not up to standards for use and was disgusting Im a property manager and sure this room had a lot of violations to be on market There is 3 other hotels in the area for cheaper price better service much cleaner and there is phone in the room to call front desk Im definitely expecting my full money returned totally not satisfied with the service and very disappointed I stay at hotels at least 3 or 4 times a month and never seen anything like it Thank you for your concern about this matter the fact that i need to take time out of my day to write this email is unbelievable because i pay to stay at a hotel to have comfort not headache

Not worth the money

There was no breakfast, the phone did not work, there was no chair at the desk, no hangers to hang clothes, asked the maid for the missing stuff, never got it. The window in room needs to be replaced as it did not keep sound out. The place could have been cleaner. For $110 a night, quality should have been way better. I’ve stayed at motels with half the price that had better maintenance. No microwave for use. Would not stay here again.

The staff

Everything was nosey when I got there I checked the closet to put my jacket their were empty beer bottles and stuff there I guess from the previous stay . Did not meet any expectations definitely don’t recommend. And the BREAKFAST RATE IS A LIE AND A SCAM I GOT CHARGED WAY MORE FOR BREAKFAST BECAUSE I WANTED TO EAT BREAKFAST JUST TO FIND OUT THEY DONT SERVE BREAKFAST SO WHY EVEN GIVE THAT OPTION?

The staff

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty

Everything. The curtains in the bedroom were all dirty, the shelves were all dusty, the elevator was very dirty and stinky. Basically, everywhere was very dirty. The website stated there were breakfast but there was none offered to us, they claimed something went wrong with their vendor. But they could have offered us something else to substitute for the breakfast but they didn't. Very poor customer service

Nothing whatsoever

Not happy customer

Unclean and has cockroaches in the room. Only provide 2 towels for 5 people in reservation. We found room unlocked after came back from day trip. Seems the cleaner forgot to lock it back and left his cloro spray in the toilet.

Not good

Original room was dirty ,broken dressers. Replacement room was decent until we wanted to take a shower.It did not work. No continental breakfast as advertised. Place under construction.

Hotel is very dirty.

Hotel is very dirty. There's stuff splashed all over the elevator walls. I had to change rooms because they put me in a cold room with a broken heater and tv didn't work. The only good thing was that the check in guy was nice. Even the key they gave us for the room didn't work. And the housekeeper never bothered to bring a new one!! Worst hotel experience ever!!

I would not stay here again.

I do understand that I can't expect much at such a cheap price, but location is the only thing going for this place. The room was simply a place that I could sleep, and nothing more. Although, it wasn't a quiet night because I could hear everything out in the hallway and lobby from my bed. The tub in the room had a trash bag taped to the front of it...I was afraid to use it. There also was an artificial nail sitting on the tub (that wasn't mine)! The wall in the shower was cracked. The room smelled like smoke, and it definitely could've been cleaner too. They didn't even have a comforter on the bed, just a thin fleece blanket(and there was hair all over it like it hasn't been washed?) Overall, I would not recommend! If you can afford it, just pay a bit more to stay somewhere else. I had a terrible day at the airport prior to coming here, so I even was looking at this place through rose colored glasses (because ANYWHERE is better than sitting at the airport all day)....but this place just made my day worse.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Not a bad stay for me and my partner would we go back yes

Elevated could have been cleaner very nasty inside

Didn't eat. Slept very well 👍

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

It was great

The floor

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The staff was very friendly

Not enough parking. I had to park 3 blocks away from the hotel.

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Wasnt worth the money an no breakfast provided.

Too expensive rooms look nothing like online.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The rest all good

Serve Breakfast

There was no breakfast, the hotel was under renovation

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

You get what you pay for

No parking Not the cleanest

Staff was friendly

Not good

Current renovations

The location was right for me

The bed was comfortable for me it hurts my back. They need to improve on the cleaning of the rooms.

The location was right for me

HORRIBLE!!!

Everything especially the lobby

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Just a night spent but wasn't ok

Services not very friendly reception ,we booked because of breakfast but on getting there we were informed there was no breakfast available.

Woke up refreshed , will most likely stay again

The lobby looked as if it was under construction, elevator was dirty and a needle was on the floor

quiet.was able to get the rest I needed.

Hotel need an upgrade

It so dirty in the elevator, and the furniture in the room is so old and there was a roach run on top of the tv stand 😡😡😡

Just the location

I would definitely stay again

Very comfortable and spacious rooms

Good location for going to the airport.

It was advertised to have breakfast but when we got there there wasn’t any.

Good location for going to the airport. It was clean

Clean and comfortable ideal for a stopover between late...

Clean and comfortable ideal for a stopover between late arriving and early departing flights

No Breakfast available due to renovations.

No Breakfast available due to renovations. Not stated as such on booking.com

Disappointed

It was a disappointment

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Won't stay here again

Dirty and old. Rough neighbourhood. Long walk from train station.

For one day, I can't complain

There was no breakfast as stated

A bad place for families

Location and service was bad. The facilities were a bit dirty. Not a good place for new borns

It clean

No chair in the room

It clean

Missed the flight, Staying in Europe for a while, needed a little not so perfect!

They are remodeling... a lot of stuff laying around... But it will look good!

Close to the airport... taxi about $20 It’s queens!

Filthy!

Hotel clean and tidy

Hotel lovely area a little run down ideal for commute to MY & JFK

Hotel clean and tidy

I will not go there again

Place was dirt

Its was standard.

room was dark and small. Lighting poor.didn't get breakfast and the reservation said it was included.

Staff was courteous and friendly

Comfortable beds, friendly staff and the subway was right...

Comfortable beds, friendly staff and the subway was right around the corner

Great budget hotel

I liked everything

It was a good fall back option.

The air conditioning and more towels.

The proximity to the LIRR.

breakfast was supposed to be included but we were advised...

breakfast was supposed to be included but we were advised that no breakfast would be proposed once we arrived at the hotel. reception was unhelpfull.

They didn’t have a lot of channels to watch on the...

They didn’t have a lot of channels to watch on the television. And the curtain wouldn’t close all the way so when the sun come inside the room .

Calling front desk nobody answers.

Calling front desk nobody answers.

Value of the money not equal as what you got

Close to subway station

Best price/quality proportion

It was under renovation.

Personal at the front desk speak all mayor languages, and is really close to metro station Jamaica-Van Wyck

The staff was rude, the hotel was dirty nothing worked in to rooms

Nothing basically

Dirty room, bad customer service.

Nothing basically