Reviews of Clarion Hotel Seatac 2 stars

3000 176th Street, SeaTac, WA 98188, USA

#21 of 36 hotels in SeaTac

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Handy if looking for somewhere to stay for a night or two before going to airport
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Staff in restaurant could have been friendlier, took ages to get the deposit back, our first room didn’t have WiFi so had to switch rooms

It was close to the airport and had a free airport shuttle

Very relaxing is all I can say
    • Queen Room

No complaints service was the best I have received I have been to many hotels this summer this one was by far my favorite

The swimming pool with amazing clean and relaxing

staying for one day for flying out early the next day
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bathroom could have been a little cleaner

We got off our cruise early and was at the hotel by 10am. Was able to drop off our luggage and take the light rail back into town to do some sight seeing. Then we had an early morning flight and the courtesy shuttle was amazing. Thanks

• Non-Smoking Queen Room

I waited 45 minutes for the shuttle to pick me up at the airport and I called 3 times! Check in was really long. The room was musty and smelled of mold. The carpet didn't even go all the way to the walls. My room was half underground and stained carpets throughout. The chair was stained also. The bed was just so so in comfort. Just DISGUSTING!!! I PAYED WAY TOO MUCH FOR FILTH!

Of was good for a nights stay.
    • Queen Room

Of was good for a nights stay. But 181 euro is way too expensive! The room was clean bit the corridors were not. We didn't have breakfast there so I don't know about that. It is conveniently located next to the rail that goes directly downtown. And the airport shuttle is great

I was stuck underground, and cars were shining headlights...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

I was stuck underground, and cars were shining headlights into my room all night and there was no wifi in my room. I had to go out to the lobby to use the wifi. I tried to change my room but was told that all the rooms in my price range were in the basement.

Location to train and airport and free shuttle is all you...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Room 164 was in a basement with recest window looking at a concrete wall. Air con was too loud couldn't sleep, bathroom way too small, bathroom door took up the whole space. Tub with very slow drain. Check in took 20+ minutes with only a few people in line. Room not worth $180/night (1 queen bed). I would say similar in quality to Motel 6. Won't waste my money here again.

Location to train and airport and free shuttle is all you pay for.

For being so close to SEATAC the hotel was quiet with no...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Didn't like that the eating facility only served cold cereal and burritos.

For being so close to SEATAC the hotel was quiet with no airplane noise.

Good location, comfortable beds, dated & slightly dirty rooms

Our room wasn’t totally dirty, but it wasn’t as clean as I would expect a hotel room to be. The hotel rooms were dated but it wasn’t terrible. You’re paying for the location more than anything.

The location is amazing! You’re right across from SEATAC train station and it’s just a quick 30 minute train ride downtown. The room has an AC unit in the room which completely blocks out the noise of the planes. The bed was comfortable. Shower had excellent water pressure.

5.6
    Quick.

Staff were not very friendly both on the phone and in person. Did not make you feel welcome.

Found the hotel old and run down but was ok for the night and very close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

not the prettiest picture.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Adjacent to airport and industrial area No reasons to go outside or anything to enjoy. Purely functional property for going or coming to airport.

Met expectations for a 2 star property.

Convenient location, the light rail is right accross the street. It will take you downtown.

Would have preferred a complimentary breakfast.

The location was great. But you are near airport so might experience some airport noise. They don't serve complimentary breakfast but have a small restaurant in lobby for coffee and light breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Convenient access for travel and short stay overs.

Would like breakfast to be included with room stay.

The room was large with sofa and coffee table. King bed was very comfy. Location great for taking light rail into Seattle.

The hotel fit our needs.
    • Queen Room

The hotel itself is a bit worn. From the photos I had seen on line, I was not expecting it to be as dated as it is.

We were looking for airport convenient location with shuttle service. This fit the bill. The bed linens were crispy clean, with good pillows and a good mattress.

Check room location first
    • Queen Room

We requested a first-floor room and even at 4 o’clock when we checked in there were no rooms ready. I mentioned to desk clerk that we had multiple luggage and she suggested a room on the third floor near the elevator which we accepted. We should’ve looked first, to get to this room there were two large steep ramps. Not so bad going down but nearly impossible to get back up had to make three trips. We are senior citizens and I have a knee problem this was a huge inconvenience.

Convenient shuttle, even took us to local restaurant

I was under the impression that breakfast was included but...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

I was under the impression that breakfast was included but apparently not. “Breakfast is at other Clarion hotels”. I must have misread the information. Recommend other hotels in SeaTac area that are better and provide breakfast

Shuttle bus service available to the airport and also to the...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Shuttle bus service available to the airport and also to the Westfield Mall. The hotel is located very near the Link Light Rail Station. Relatively spacious room. Overall, I am happy with the 1 night stay here.

Good for a short stay next to the airport, but I guess not for a longer stay.
    • Queen Room

In the two days I stayed at this place I had two fire alarms, one in the night waking me up. Fortunately that were false alarms, but it was uncomfortable. The hotel was more expensive than announced on booking, this was not transparent to me.

Breakfast in the hotel was great, but not included in the room rate. You can easily walk from the airport to the hotel and get as easily go downtown via light rail, this was very comfortable.

Comfortable beds

A little outdated, odd set up between buildings. Cafe convenient in lobby, mostly microwave items on menu, small selection. breakfast not included in room charges

Conveniently located near airport and train station

Inviting lobby, restaurant, and staff.

Room looked nothing like pictures on web. Very run down. Needs a lot of TLC! At around 4:30 a.m., heard guests above walking (no sound barrier between levels). Tissues like sandpaper, slow flushing toilet, inconsistent water temperature in the shower, paint and wood splinting on bottom of door inside bathroom, no refrigerator, coffee maker in bathroom(?), no dial on iron so had to guess the setting, etc. etc. etc.

Inviting lobby, restaurant, and staff. Convenient and free parking. Easy check-out. Close to airport.

Not worth the money
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Rooms were old, smelled bad, not very clean, the bedding was stiff but also kind of slimy. Bathrooms by the pool were absolutely disgusting, toilets didn’t flush. The front desk staff seemed like they had no idea what they were doing and were unprofessional around guests. Lights flickered in my room and we could hear every conversation going on outside our room. Absolutely the worst hotel I’ve stayed in in the Seattle area.

The pool was okay, proximity to the light rail was great

Would not stay there again because it's not worth the price.

Dirty facility, no fridge and no microwave in room, lingering smell, snacks for purchase were outdated, and no designated "pet relief" area.

Convenience to airport.

Good location...Not so good hotel

The hotel is in bad repair. The first room smelled awful and had hair in the tub..yuck! We asked to be moved. The second room smelled better but all the floors needed vacuuming. The halls were dark and smelled of dirt.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. The cafe was nice for breakfast.

It is very close to the airport terminal.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Old hotel. It needs renovation. The staff is not so friendly. Wifi and internet is horrible. Aircon was dirty.

It is very close to the airport terminal. Don’t even need the shuttle although it is available

Excellent transit hotel
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Friendly and helpful. Good service to airport. Very convenient for airport stays. Even good public transportation to downtown Seattle. Good choice for early morning flight departure.

Convenient ! A little noisier than I would have liked but the TV was great !
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

The rooms were small. I have stayed in less expensive hotels where the rooms were bigger and the beds were a little hard

They had HD TV in the rooms. It was really nice ! Also the TV was really easy to work

Upon arrival, being charged MORE than was stated in my email...

Upon arrival, being charged MORE than was stated in my email from Booking.com. Then going on line finding the rate was now $35 cheaper a night! No refrigerator or microwave in my room, unless of course I wanted to PAY $10 MORE a night. The beds are horrible, springs digging into my hips and side. Maid service SKIPPED our room COMPLETELY! When I called the front desk, to be given 2 towels when I registered for FOUR guests! Upon checking out the front desk clerk provided zero redeeming qualities, she acted very put out by me asking for a receipt showing what I had been charged, she continued to IGNORE me while leaning on the counter like I was a major inconvenience by asking her to do her job!

The staff were helpful and friendly.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

The building needs some updating/maintenance. Not the fault of the staff. Given the condition of the building, I thought the staff worked extra hard at keeping it clean and serviceable. As an example, there were large staples sticking out of the wall border holding the carpet in place. These staples were close to the bed. Almost bumped into them getting out of bed!

The staff were helpful and friendly. The on-duty driver was a real benefit! There is a Denny's restaurant within walking distance.

Convenient and cheap place to wait for your Sea-Tac flight
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

The staff was demotivated and clueless about the issues in the hotel (they gave me unnmade room, they didn't find my reservation until they looked for the surname..). The breakfast is done by heating ready-made dishes.

The bed was very comfortable.

Close to airport.
    • Queen Room

Close to airport. Quiet rooms, although next to airport. LOVED the desk chair and have asked the manager who manufactured it so we can buy one, but he hasn't responded.

No good
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

My booking shows final price is USD95.09. But hotel charged my credit card USD101.32 when I checked in. Bad experience. That's the reason I cancelled my next booking in this hotel.

Location to airport

Perfect if you just need a quick between flight hotel.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

We were just there for the night. We had an early flight and got in around 11pm. Bar was already closed as it would have been nice to have a glass of wine after a long trip. The free shuttle is excellent.

Nicole Katz, receptionist at the front desk was WONDERFUL!

It took the shuttle 25 minutes and two calls. It was very cold outside waiting. We were flying from Boston to Medford and had an overnight in Seattle. The room had coffee but no cream or sweetener. I had to call the front desk at 05:00 who tried to get me to come down to pick it up. I refused, explaining that I wasn’t dressed and they brought it up. When leaving in the morning, we were told shuttle service is first come first serve. If shuttle is gone it’s a 15 minute wait, so get downstairs 15 minutes prior to “expected departure time “. We did just that and shuttle had just started driving out of hotel with two passengers. Front desk called, he turned around to pick us up. Meantime, 6 more passengers showed up and were grateful not to have to wait. Leaving with two passengers ? Shuttle service is not well organized.

Nicole Katz, receptionist at the front desk was WONDERFUL! We had booked the reservation through booking.com and when we arrived noticed they had a special for seniors for $30.00 less. Nicole went out of her way to call Booking.com, cancel the reservation and make reservation through the hotel. This saved us $30.00 This is what I call Great Customer Service !

Floors felt like they were gonna fall in on the 3rd floor Employee at the desk was wearing shades and didn't bother to take them off as I was checking in and talking to me. Employee at the bar was standing on her phone as I was waiting to pay for my waters and I had to get her attention!

Enjoyable, walking distance to the Light Rail airport station.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Eating facilities were a little spartan - no restaurant as such but food available at certain times of the day. Basic food with ridiculously large portions.

The hotel was better than expected, having read previous reviews. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Facilities were better than expected for what was called a two star hotel e.g. there was a pool and business centre.

One night was long enough.

Water pressure, overall upkeep of the rooms(paint, wallpaper, carpets) you get what you pay for I guess, Phone line was poor/staticky.

The shuttle to the airport.

won't be going back
    • Queen Room

the hotel restaurant was closed, the hallways were in need of a good cleaning and the heater would never shut off. the fan kept blowing so our choice to have heat and noise or no heat.

the bed was comfortable

Clarion is a good choice for emergency overnight stay, but don’t expect frills or updated facility.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Outdated TV system, old, dirty facility, bad heating/air system

Close to airport, free (but dirty) hotel shuttle, nice bedding, hotel staff were very nice & friendly,

Really,the Hotel was good.
    • Queen Room

Fan heater in bedroom very Noisey as mentioned before.

Very close to Airport shuttle Station for walking to the Hotel on arrival. In bedroom, Heater fan very noisey it was Winter time so needed it ON. Hotel shuttle van very good for early departure to Airport.

We enjoyed our stay. It was for sleeping.

Not any stores within walking distance, but don't hold that against them.

Staff was very pleasant and very enjoyable to work with. Very close to airport. Restaurant at hotel was amazing and very reasonable!!

Emergency Lay Over in Seattle
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

A drip outside my window that was very loud and went all night!

Cotton sheets. Needed to sleep for a few hours between re-scheduled flights, this hotel was convenient but I would not stay here otherwise.

Airport shuttle was very convenient!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

After being stranded at SeaTac, I booked my daughter a room. She was given an uncleaned room initially!! Wifi would also not work once she did get into a clean room.

Airport shuttle was very convenient!!

Nice hotel, location & price good.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Some areas the carpet is frayed or wallpaper is beginning to peel. Needs attention to minor details.

Hotel located near SeaTac airport with free shuttle service. Short walking distance to light rail station which takes you to Safeco Field and downtown Seattle which is very convenient. Older hotel with some renovations done and kept clean. The hotel is quiet and you don't hear any planes taking off or landing. Staff is very friendly.

Dirty hotel in need of a good clean up.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

The rug in my room was dirty, The arm chair upholstery was stained. One of the towels I received was frayed/thread bare. The room was below grade, so that the window was in a hole and all I could see was the numbers of the cars in the parking lot.

Location near airport

Functional.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Front desk staff was a little distracted and did not give a professional appearance.

We liked the fact that it was so close to the airport in order to make our flight.

Nice staff, convenient to airport but don't have very high expectations of the property itself
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Hotel is old and dated. While important things were clean (bed & bath) clearly the room needed a major face-lift, i.e. furniture was old and scratched, carpet dirty, etc. I would not have spent money to stay here more than one night, but it worked for my purposes. This is basically a 2 star hotel in my book.

Front desk and bistro staff were friendly, food was pretty good albeit expensive. Shuttle driver also friendly. I would have left him a tip if he had helped me with my bags. Bed and pillows very comfy and clean, bathroom clean. Fairly quiet considering it's right next to the airport, which is main reason I chose it. Very convenient, right next to the light rail and escalator into airport property.

It took care of our needs.

The building was old but it was clean

The conviencey of getting to and from the hotel and they had a shuttle to the mall that was free, that we helpful

Location - I walked from baggage claim to the hotel in 5-10...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Location - I walked from baggage claim to the hotel in 5-10 minutes with elevators and bridges where I needed them to be. Less than 5 mins to the Link station. Bar/bistro is convenient and pleasant.

Avoid this property.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Mold in the bathroom; Old school wall mounted window AC/heater ; Had to stand on a chair to see the controls; Scratched desk, looks like graffiti ; Had to turn on the noisy AC to cover the person in the next room snorting; The room window was below the parking lot, I felt like I was in a Jiffy Lube pit looking up at the under side of cars!

Perfect place to stay if your a meth addict.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Where do I begin? First, they were using the term "hotel" very loosely. This is a motel with the doors facing inward. Dirty room, pubic hair in the bathroom. So disgusted!

Proximity to Seatac Airport

Standard American motel, but nicely located in a walking...

No complimentary breakfast.

Standard American motel, but nicely located in a walking distance from the SeaTac airport. Very close to the LINK light rail to the city. While the hotels in the city are very expensive, this hotel is quite reasonable.

Stayed here for convenience on overnight stopovers
    • Queen Room

Typical business type hotel where you get nickeled and dimed for everything. No to om safe, no refrigerator, no free coffee in the lobby, no nuthin' that you didn't have to pay for.

Walking distance to airport and light rail station.

The property was close to punblin transport and this is what we required.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

The staff in reception at check in were very good. The next day when I complained about the breakfast that we had that morning the gent on reception said that he could not understand my English. I am not sure what nationally he was but I would expect as this is an English speaking country that all reception staff would be familiar with English. We are from New Zealand so our English should not be hard to understand. The breakfast referred to was a "Shocker" A cold egg. with no yolk I in a cold bun with a quarter slice of orange and a small slice of bacon. As a result of this we did not eat in any more. We purchased our breakfast needs and ate in the room. Far cheaper and the food had more nutrition.

Good, convienient place to stay on layovers in travel,
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Wish breakfast was included under normal circumstances.

The very professional & helpful staff under a challenging situation trying to make accommodations for all guests. WA power had an underground "disaster" in the parking lot that took out power for more than a block so no power, hot water, elevator, bistro for food. Again, staff was so patient & tolerant under circumstance & guests who were challenging deserve a bonus for that time. Perhaps paid by WA power company.

Nice place , good staff and food..
    • Queen Room

Wifi didn't reach to the end rooms of hotel... had to go to lobby to get the free wifi

The girls at the rest/bar are fantastic. The food is pretty good for hotel food.

Very disappointing; not recommended
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

If I hadn't paid in advance and been so tired from my trip, I would have turned around and walked out. I even considered leaving and losing my money. There was a nice Hilton next door. I was NOT expecting the shabby, dingy facility. The hallway was badly in need of paint. The security latch on my door was loose. The air conditioning unit was close to the ceiling. I had to stand on the armchair to adjust the temperature. I did not want to eat there, so I went next door to the Hilton for dinner.

About the only positive thing I can say is that the bed was fairly comfortable, and the bathroom seemed clean enough. The free shuttle to the airport was there at 5:15 a.m. when I needed it, much cleaner and newer than the hotel itself, and the driver was courteous.

I had a hard time sleeping because of the noise.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

There could be less noise. I could not sleep because it sounded like the neighbors were taking showers all night. I might have been near the laundry facilities.

It was near the airport.

You get what you pay for.

Original room was next to the laundry unit and had stairs so asked to be moved. The room we had after that was small and cramped. Mirror was loose and beds/pillows not very comfortable

Location, parking, price

Would highly recommend to stay
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Was a little difficult to work out where to meet shuttle to accommodation. No clear signage

Free shuffle from airport, light train station within walking distance(also at airport) right into Seattle, very cheap fares. Clean,comfortable room

The location couldn't be better.

Could have included breakfast though there is a 7-11 just around the corner which sells basic stuff.

The location couldn't be better. Five minutes' walk to the airport and light rail into downtown Seattle. Rooms are big and comfortable if a bit dated and in need of an upgrade. Staff were great.

Beds were great and the pillows.

It was not as clean as I would have like. Maybe because it seemed a bit older.

Beds were great and the pillows. Shower was great and there were some nice fluffy towels.

Pretty OK for one night
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Booking.com made a grave mistake, booking our room. Poor service, Booking.com!! (Instead of Rose and Jean Blue, you booked "AND Jean") How poor is that??? There was no conventional breakfast offered, but Breakfast Burritos and Breakfast Pizzas. It was ok for our needs, but very unusual!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful sorting out the mess, booking.com made with our reservation!! Rooms were bright and clean. A little Bistro was "inhouse". Convenient. Airport Shuttle runs every 15 minutes. Great!

Good place for one night sTay before early morning flight at the right price

Older property but was clean. View of 1st floor window well

Free shuttle to airport at 3:30 am. Close to link train station. $6 round trip to get downtown and see the sites. Checked me in at noon which I appreciated

Just a place sleep before we caught a plane. They could do better.

Back entrance was not marked no access. It had a handicap ramp and looked like where we should enter. My mother uses a mobility scooter and when she was unable to enter at that door she tried to turn around. Unfortunately she went off the steps. She only had lacerations to her face and a broken toe. It was a long way to go back to front counter to ask for old towels to get her cleaned up. Staff did not offer to help or ask any questions about accident? When we returned from our vacation we needed shuttle to pick up our vehicles. It took 3 calls and 45 min. To get a shuttle? Considering location this was too long.

Close to airport

Staff was very nice.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

The room stated it would have a mini fridge it didn't :( The rooms could use updating. When you turn on the air the curtains blow every where.

Staff was very nice. Front desk a big help. Tasi booked our car service to the train station for us. They have a free shuttle to the mall to and from. The airport pickup shuttle driver awesome. There is a snack shop in the lobby.

Good hotel, close to the light rail.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Pillows were terrible and our room smelled musty and dank. It could have been cleaner.

The duvet was warm. Bistro breakfast pizza was good and large for the price

Adequate accommodations, good value.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

A/C unit placed high up on one wall blasted directly on bed. Below-ground floor room had daylight basement window looking out on parking lot.

Location. Bistro for dinner.

It was adequate for a one night stay near to the airport
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

The food was pretty basic - I went over the road to the Hilton. The rest of the hotel was a bit rundown and could definitely do with a facelift.

The proximity to the airport was great and there is also a subway station just down the road if you want to go into town

Hotel was convenient for my circumstances.
    • Queen Room

This hotel was a convenient place to stay prior to an early AM flight out of SEATAC. Everything about the place was average. They provide shuttle service 24hrs.

We booked this hotel to have a close place from airport to...

nothing for our purposes

We booked this hotel to have a close place from airport to get some sleep as our arrival was around midnight. It more than fit the bill. Check-in was smooth and quick as well as the pick up from the airport by their shuttle.

Convenient

Staff was very busy and distracted. Not much info unless asked specifics.

Close to public transit and airport shuttle. Shuttle to local mall was a plus.

Ok food in restaurant
    • Non-Smoking Queen Room

Very poor shuttle service. We had too wait long time and the shuttle was overbooked so we nearly missed our connection even though the receptionist promised it would be no problem. Uncomfortable beds.

Ok food in restaurant

Old hotel but clean

Took many tries to get the hotel on the phone. I guess they were busy. Many times with recording or cut off. Most disappointing was no refrigerator in the room. With this price there should be. The hotel is old and need remodeling. The AC is very loud and old.

Room was clean and the sink and bath drain well.

Gloomy but convenient

Gloomy, cheaply-furnished rooms. Phone did not work. Disappointing quality for the price.

Nice to have a pool. Staff friendly, but seemed overstretched. Good to be able to walk over from airport.

One night was enough

There was a cafe adjacent to the lobby with a very limited menu. Breakfast was not included with the room. The food and coffee was good. Room service would have been beneficial for my family, but not available. The lobby and rooms are in different buildings and was a bit tricky to figure out, but not horrible. No complimentary water available for thirsty guests upon arrival. I had to buy a bottle of water from a vending machine. My impression is that the property owners are very cheap and not customer service oriented. The owner wants your money but doesn't care about customer loyalty or return business. This is not the hotel I would choose next time.

My daughter and I were without our luggage upon arriving at the hotel. The young lady who checked us in gave us an adequate supply of personal care items to get us through the night. She was very kind.

Browse Clarion Hotel Seatac traveller photo gallery