Reviews of Clarion Inn & Suites Clearwater 3 stars

20967 US Highway 19 North, Clearwater, FL 33765, USA

#8 of 21 hotels in Clearwater

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Wouldn't stay again, didn't feel safe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Building extremely outdated. Room needs furniture/ curtains updated, outside door was propped open so room key needed sign not applicable. Not sure if was blood stain on drape. No globe on light bulb.

Not much, glad was only there for a few hours to sleep.

My husband and I loved our king sized suite, it wasvery...

I don't eat beef and pork so I got tired of eating eggs and potatoes for breakfast. I wish the hotel had turkey or chicken sausage/bacon for those of us who don't eat beef/pork bacon/sausage.

My husband and I loved our king sized suite, it wasvery comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

N/a
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We pulled up and wasn't aware that hotel was right across from highway. 3 cop cars we're outside, never a good sign. When the check in person told me the room # it was wrong. Are television had a Huge smudge mark where you could barely make out what was on the television. The shower was leaking. Then when I go check out I'm told I booked the room as None Refundable😖

N/a

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good but could be better.

The pool area needed better care, cigarette butts everywhere, pool water was merky and had a bad smell to it. Needs chlorine really bad.

It has all the amenities. And is well located.

My stay was great

When u book a suite, they do not guarantee u get a balcony, you can put in a special request however it's only avaliable upon arrival. It's more like first come first serve which I didn't like, even though i got the balcony it sucked having to worry not knowing if I did or didn't have a bolcony

The staff was great, I went two years in a row and both times I was upgraded to a suite, the second time was by request. We had a great time and would love to stay there again, the price was good for a week stay.

The breakfast was better than average.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower had hard water, the room wasn't updated as I thought it was. We were placed in the motel part of the property. I guess it was fine for 1 night, but if you're staying for multiple nights, stay in the hotel suites near check in area.

The breakfast was better than average.

Great for the price and good location.

The breakfast could use some fresh fruits, bagels, and real orange juice.

It is very close to a shopping center and restaurants. The drive to the beach was usually only about 15 minutes. Depends on the traffic.

Very pleased, great night stay for a good price,

No complainants

Nice rooms, helpful staff, great location, good value for the money. The hotel has a great pool and well maintained grounds. Overall a very pleasant stay. Staff is very helpful and cares a great deal about your experience.

The staff, the facilities, the room it was a perfect getaway, it was our first time staying in this chain of hotels and we were extremely happy of what we got for the money we paid, including the breakfast that was included, we would definitely stay there again.

Good hotel

Breakfast complete but very disorganized, some things weren't being refilled when empty (yogurt, salad fruit, waffles).

Everything as expected. Nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. Big room.

We needed an expensive room to spend the night and including breakfast. Great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have been cleaner....something sticky on alarm clock. A little musty but got better once AC was set low enough. The AC vent was noisy. No coffee available in lobby. No fresh fruit for weekday breakfast.

Comfy bed, nice size room. Refrigerator and mini sink were very convenient. Excellent staff. Positive friendly family atmosphere and nice size pool and hot tub. Good breakfast - Cucumber and lemon water carafes in lobby. Very good value. Again comfy nice size beds.

Was amazing

It gets very wet feeling in the room by pools so u have to have ac on all the time

Breakfast was the best compared to other locations this has the breakfast of an ihop restaurant

Fantastic stay

This was the BEST Motel of your chain that everything was perfect. I travel a lot and stay at many different motels.hotels and this was the best one that I stayed at for the last 5 years.

Clarion Inn RTE 19 NORTH CLEARWATER

The staff on duty extended every courtesy in making sure that my stay at the Clarion Inn RT 19N was as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The room was clean and well appointed. It was an excellent value and would definitely stay there again.

Excellent location for our commute and we will definitely book here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell in our room really made me feel a little light headed. We aired out for a few days and it seemed to work.

Loved the pool area and the free breakfast. The location was perfect, after hours it was quiet and relaxing. The gazebo gave it a little homey touch, I do think it needs some attention.

Would stay again for a vacation

Breakfast was not good. After the second day we ate out from then on.

Location for all the things we needed to take care of and a little time at the beach.

Overnight getaway.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Furniture in the room was worn with paint peeling off the tables and TV stands.

Location for what I needed. Was upgraded to a suite and great check out time. We didn't get to try the breakfast as we were there to run a marathon and had to leave before it opened.

The kids had a blast and we enjoyed the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not enjoy the fact my husband, who has special needs was told he couldn't talk to people at breakfast just becuz 1 person complained that he was bothering them!!!!. Then the manager came out and was on their side... I AM NOT A RACIST BUT EVERY FOREIGN WORKER IN THIS HOTEL WAS VERY RUDE!!!! AND NOT ONLY TO US...ALSO I ASKED EVERY DAY FOR CLEAN TOWELS. I GOT 2 TOWELS FOR THE 4 DAYS I WAS THERE AND THERE WERE 4 OF US IN THE ROOM.. NOT GOOD IN MY BOOKS AND BELIEVE ME I WAS A HOUSEKEEPER I GOT PEOPLE WHAT THEY NEEDED..WE WILL NOT USE A CHOICE HOTEL AGAIN. We had to change rooms cuz of hugh bugs.

BREAKFAST WAS DECENT. LOVED JASON AND KAREN AT FRONT DESK. THEY MADE OUR STAY UPLIFTING. THUMBS UP TO YOU TWO.

My stay was satisfactory. I'll probobly repeat the experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was somewhat rushed and confusing. The room was a little too dark for people with vision problems.

I'm in my late eighties with vision problems. The staff was considered enough to give my a room on the ground level. Thank You

Lobby and swimming pool area nice, good hot breakfast.

Room old, musty smelling and needed alot of work. No 24 hour lobby coffee, after breakfast coffee was gone (9:30)

Lobby and swimming pool area nice, good hot breakfast.

The maid who cleaned our room was very pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn’t spend much time at the Inn just slept there due to critically ill family visits.

It would have been nice to have coffee available either in a machine or brewing throughout the day.

Won't stay there again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms seemed clean but smelled musty, bed smelled old and musty and could smell urine. Had to get up and leave for the airport early, and no coffee ready anywhere. Also girl at front desk early morning must have been sleeping, had to holler several times before she came out!

Shopping and restaraunts close by.

Really really bad

The staff lied to me several times about the situation with the reservation.

The claimed to not have received my reservations n through your services and thus I did not have a room.

After we got settled in the right room everything was okay except for having to climb stairs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I won’t book online any more. When we got there we were in a room in the older section of the motel. Didn’t know there were 2 separate buildings. We are older people & had to climb the stairs with all of our stuff. We made 3 trips each with loaded hands. After unpacking everything I turned the air down but it wasn’t working. They had to move us to another room which was a long ways away. When we had breakfast the next day we saw the new building with an elevator. It would have been very helpful to know this. Next time I will call the hotels so I can ask questions & not book online.

The breakfast was real good. Great selection of food & 1 different item each day. Enjoyed pool time & hot tub early in the morning.

We felt comfortable, safe & enjoyed our stay, & would return to this hotel if in the area.

Motorcycle group was a bit noisy when all were parked outside our room.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Karen at the front desk. She helped us find a great restaurant for lunch, and locate the best place to park our boat and trailer during our 10 day stay.

clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the staff did nothing when a group of noisy bikers came and stayed in the pool beyond the hours and partied outside til 3am...we had to leave 2 days ahead of schedule due to lack of control of noise

clean

Not a good nights sleep as I was scared I kept hearing people and motorcycles.

We were at the back and they were painting the floor and nobody warned us and we walked right on fresh paint. A loud motorcycle gang was at pool which was scary for our safety. No towels in room when we arrived.

We will be back.

Could use some updates. The cable TV channel selection.

The bed was very comfortable. The location is fantastic for everything you would want to do in & around Clearwater.

We will NEVER return. We will advise friends of these issues.

It was very very difficult for us (both 75 years plus) to transport our luggage up & down the stairs. Room needs update/cleaning,dirty drawer linings,mold on shower ceiling. Facility NEEDS ELEVATOR

Got the room upgraded for free at check in!

There was a birthday party and they put our room right next to the event. Breakfast ended a little early for a Sunday. Didn’t get to enjoy it.

Got the room upgraded for free at check in!

We were on 1st floor back by the pool and jacuzzi so it was...

Not enough closet space.

We were on 1st floor back by the pool and jacuzzi so it was very nice. Everyone was nice and any problems they were quick to fix. Our room was very nice.

The hotel needs a good sprucing up, especially those vents.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We missed the former breakfast buffet! The heat was needed in the room, but the vents were very dirty. We only stayed one night, but we would need the vents cleaned if we ever returned.

Bed was comfortable. Staff was nice.

We got a good deal by booking way in advance, but we got what we paid for (not great, but adequate).

The outside hallways (needed repainting). Breakfast should be improved drastically. The ceiling of shower/tub area had gray spots on it. I don't know what it was, but why not repaint or clean such things.

Bed was excellent: clean, very comfortable, and we slept very well. The room had a king size bed, but it was a small room. The furniture (dresser and desk) had been spray-painted black or brushed with black paint. The breakfast was inadequate. I think the eggs were powdered eggs. We were given a choice between either coffee or orange juice -- could not have both without paying extra. I had never experienced that before in any hotel where breakfast was included.

Probably won't stay here again.

Coffee maker didn't work, it was replaced with a different model and replacement coffee was never provided. Area in front of the microwave was sticky so the girl cleaned it but it was still sticky. Refrigerator froze my beverages and I was unable to adjust it. Staff member was very rude to me when I was using computer to print boarding pass.

Comfortable bed.

I liked the excellent late checkout policy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked the excellent late checkout policy. I was able to pay 15 dollars for a 3pm checkout. This is handy for runners who travel out of town for races. I was able to finish my marathon, come back and shower, and then check out.

I'm glad it was just an overnight-if I had book a longer stay I would have been even more unhappy!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was not clean. The walls were dingy. Masking tape was still stuck around the light fixture over the sink from an old paint job--very poorly done! The carpet was not clean. There was trash in the floor around the vending areas. This was NOT what I would consider a 3 Star hotel! The rating was not an accurate assessment of this hotel. I've paid much less for much nicer places!

The bed was comfortable. Access to the hotel and parking was fine. The front desk receptionist was kind and helpful.

Bed and pillows were extremely comfortable breakfast was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room cleanliness needs to be addressed. The moment we walked into our room the foul smell was noticeable, I’m surprised the maid didn’t report the smell.

Bed and pillows were extremely comfortable breakfast was good and plentiful.

Beyond expectations and great value.

There was no elevator to our 2nd floor accommodation.

The room, especially the bed, was better than we expected. The staff, noteably Jason on reception, were very welcoming and helpful. The hotel represented exceptional value.

Overall we had no problems with our room. But noticed damage. They are remodeling
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Linda and Deborah was great in the lounge the breakfast was awesome I love that that breakfast came with the price of our room. And we ate dinner in the lounge and it was awesome, the only thing. They only had one steak and we all wanted steak. So we got one steak and a rib dinner and they were awesome and The chocolate cake was worth every calorie delicious.

a great visit with great staff at a great hotel in a great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the staff was super nice and helpful. the buffett breakfast was unexpected and really good every morning. the beds and pillows were really so comfortable and helped me to sleep like a dream after long trip to get there.

Absolutely nothing!

I booked this room for some friends of mine who were coming down for my wedding - I was grossly horrified when I found out the state of the room! There was absolutely nothing about this accommodation that was acceptable! First of all, the photos which we were shown on Booking.com were in no way similar to the room we received - in fact, we were told that this site didn't even have double tubs (as shown in the room assignment request). The room was full of black mold, which nearly caused my friend's husband to require medical treatment for his asthma. The staff was less than helpful - as were the Booking.com personnel whom I called. They 'reached out' to the hotel, but no other assistance was provided. My friends agreed to stay one extra night after the initial horror of the first night, to allow the hotel staff to put things right in the morning. However this did not happen. Although the hotel refunded money for the two remaining days, they refused to refund any of the other monies for the two days of horror that were endured. As a long-standing member of booking.com, I am seriously disappointed in the lack of intervention provided by this booking site, who should be responsible for advertisers posting false representations of rooms available at their site. No ownership of this was taken. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB against this hotel for misrepresentation, and it will be a long time before I am comfortable using Booking.com, again - and I travel very frequently.

Absolutely nothing!

WE WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WIDE VARIETY OF BREAKFAST FOOD. GREAT POOL AND JACUZZI. FLUFFY TOWELS. EASY CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT. FRIENDLY STAFF WHO GAVE GREAT DIRECTIONS TO PLACES WE WANTED TO GO.

Quiet and pleasant, very restful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room to which I was assig.ned was occupied. I went to the room ,applied the key ,opened the door, and the television was on,the bed was unmade, and the shower was running. I quickly closed the door and went to the front desk. The attendant arranged for another room. It was ok

Bed was real comfortable; housekeeping personnel kept the room nice and neat;breakfast was good.

It was terrible> Worst of my 75 years of life.

The facility was not handicap accessible. The room was not clean. I sneezed all night long. They couldn't give me another room because it was up stairs and NO ONE would carry my bag up the stairs. I couldn't.

Very enjoyable and reasonably priced.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

to have a microwave at the breakfast buffet for the hot cereal.

Our room was quite. Front door parking, first floor. Mattresses were comfortable. Nice fridge and small microwave. New Flat TV; Coffee in room; work desk; and Nice Chair. Met manager, very nice person...proud of his facilities and attentive to his clients . Would recommend to friends and others when in the Clearwater vicinity. Oh, and buffet breakfast was excellent. Fluffy scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, hot and cold cereal; juices, fruit, etc.

Good value hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bad internet connection and thin walls - you hear everything whats going on around.

Room was clean, bed comfortable, breakfast were good... And staff was nice.

I went with the family.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room I would suggest needs to be renovated atleast the bathroom. A lot of it was very rusty and for whatever reason leaving clothes like pajamas out either in the bathroom or on the bed when I put it back on felt wet.

I went with the family. We had a pet friendly room had tiled floor. Was nice clean and the beds were comfortable. Was 20 mins to clear water beach.

My stay was relaxing, easy, sensually lazy. I want to go back!

The late check in time. I had an early flight into Florida. Would have been nice to check in earlier and have a nap.

Breakfast was wonderful! Staff was courteous and accommodating. Will stay again!!!!

The staff and the hotel were great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I can say in the minus column is that the water pressure isn't very strong. It takes extra long to rinse your hair in the shower.

The staff and the hotel were great. The rooms were clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. This is the 2nd time I've stayed here and it's my favorite place to stay in Clearwater.

Better than days inn

Ran out of towels on third day and never got any more before leaving. Also having to use ATM cause restaurant didn't take it cause credit card machine was out after I ordered. And phone didn't work, air conditioning made noise and plug behind bed was unstable.

Jacuzzi and restaurant in motel was convenient. Also having good location to other restaurants in walking distance.

Excellent except for the type of guests and the noise
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had some unsavory guests in the next room, the walls are too thin and you could hear all the noise coming from the next room, not a good nights sleep.

Everything in the room was perfect, the breakfast is excellent.

Adequate

Spa was green and smelled of urine. Could not get towels for pool for several days. Room key failed three consecutive days. Breakfast was same for 5 days straight- no fresh fruit or vegetables. Never had pancakes, French toast, or varied cereals. Asked for Frosted Flakes and banana- and told they didn't have any.

Bacon was crisp. Maid service timely. Unit was clean

Welcoming and wonderful Clarion

NA

Booked this room after a hurricane and appreciated the welcome response I received from the staff during this difficult time. Room was large, quiet and a good place to recoup. I did not use all the amenities; however, breakfast was good with substantial selections.

No elevator for our building. Hauling a 50lb suitcase up a flight of stairs is not an easy task.

Location. Folks should be aware of the nice rear property exit so they can go west on Gulf To Bay Blvd.

It was an enjoyable study break.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The maintenance closet was trashy and dirty looking; a real eye sore. The landscape gardens were not kept up and clean.

The shower water pressure was great, pillows were comfy, room service was prompt and accommodating. Lots of towels and supplies were available and the pool was clean. Breakfast was a nice start to the day.

good for the price

The room smelled badly (mold problem). There was also loud music in the night until midnight.

Higher than normal variety for breakfast. Good price and location (close to malls, supermarkets, etc.)

The location and price are excellent; however, the rooms are in need of an update.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Internet is spotty and the rooms and older areas are a little worn. I didn't use the drawers because they were musty. The staff, however, is very responsive and the breakfast is abundant.

The pool is lovely.

Room was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not as good as in comparable hotels. No fresh fruit. Staff at the reception was ok, but less kind than in all other places we visited in Florida.

Room was nice. And we had a parking place right in front of the room. The fitness center was nice, too.

Roaches in room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room we stayed in had roaches and was poorly set up. The desk was set up so close to the bed that you couldn't even pull out the chair. Nobody that stayed in our room had a good nights sleep the whole time we were there.

Staff was friendly and cleaned well!

I had a gigantic cockroach in my bathroom all night. I asked the front desk at 8am to have someone remove it because I did not want to bring it back home, she sent nobody up at all!!

Staff was friendly and cleaned well! Food was OK although they did not have enough to accommodate everyone on property.

Road trip Clearwater. Break from Disney.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing room was massive, separate lounge separated by swing doors.

Spacious rooms, great staff want extra mile ( even popping out to get coke for our evening meal ( coke dispenser dispensing random flavours)

The would have been better if we had a better room and could get towels when asked if we want room s

The paint on the wall was peeling and we turned down room service, but asked for clean towels and was told they would bring them back in 5 minutes, after waiting 2 hours I had to go to the service desk and ask for them again.

The price was reasonable.

1) I have stayed in this room last year.

1) I have stayed in this room last year. The a/c freezes up and thermostat works intermittently. Easy problem to resolve if they desired, it is either a defective thermostat or defective relay to compressor. Excess water leakage builds up, drips unto bathroom ceiling, then to floor, causing a hazard to occupant or cleaning staff, plus intermittent cool air for comfort 2) Roachs, NOT water-bugs, presence extremely heavy under bath sink. Killed approxiamely 10-12. They were NOT transported in by me. 3) The failure clearly is either Manager making decision with inspection and verification of correction or Maintenance using a "quick cheap pencil check" on their trouble ticket. If I, as a Manager can identify failure cause and effect, then people performing this job daily should be willing and capable of correction. On the positive side, I am able to enjoy poolside and amenities with easy access due to my limitations via disabilities. 4) As a Business Professional, I prefer the physical location of the site, as it allows me to travel to my needed destinations readily, with "fair price". Low Price is negated if comfort becomes an issue, especially when numerous other competitive overnight business are in the same block of US 19. 5) This is NOT a "whining" trivial communication, just my observations truthfully.

Would not stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled awful old dirty.At night young guys walked around yelling and screaming making a lot of noise.I asked for a room on the upper floor by the pool and ended up in the back of the hotel did not feel safe!!!!!

The staff was amazing and they had hot breakfast for you in the mourning.

It was in a good area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In the room i found some roaches mentioned to the manager all sje said im sorry nothong else, also the toilet seat was loose completly i almost feel when i went to the restroom i called and they fix it. I had two rooms celebrating our granddaughter birthday.

It was in a good area.

I found this experience very uncomfortable not at all relaxing not going back

Aunts all over in my room then they changed my room to a room tof a room with broken ac. I couldn't stay and checked out by 1pm Saturday. In total I was there less than 24 hours. I will not go back. They couldn't refund for the day I didn't stay

The breakfast and pool

I FELT IT WAS A GOOD DEAL FOR THE MONEY,AND WILL BOOK AGAIN.

THE HOUSE KEEPING STAFF SEEMED LIKE THEY YELLED ORDERS ACROSS THE COURT YARD WHERE I COULDN'T CONCENTRATE ON WHAT I WAS DOING ON THE I-PAD THAT I HAD BROUGHT TO DO SOME CATCH UP WORK.

FRONT END STAFF WAS OUT STANDING HELPFUL .EVERYONE SEEMED TO BE HAPPY AND SMILING.

Although they upgraded us to a suite, the pull out sofa bed...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked through booking.com and although they said it was up to the hotel to cancel my reservation because my husband wanted to be on the beach for his 50th birthday, they would not let me cancel. Also the pictures on the website showed a pier where we could fish, however there was no pier on property, very misleading and disappointing as that is one of the reasons I booked this hotel initially. Also when we arrived, housekeeping had left a dirty rag in our room.

Although they upgraded us to a suite, the pull out sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable.

Great Value booking through Booking.com

It was a little musty smelling.

I received an upgrade at no extra cost and I really loked that. The location was perfect for this trip and the breakfast was good.

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything the bedspread had a cigarette burn in it. There were tiles falling of the wall. There were bugs in the paint work the towels were not always in the room other guests were overly noisy

Was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property needs grounds cleaned up. Landscaping needs work. No chairs for outside, except by pool Never saw anyone clean pool.

Room cleaned everyday. Breakfast was fair.

Decent over all

The building is just old, and there so many little things that make the place look run down (doors fixtures, stains on walls and carpets), and unfortunately the guests staying there did not make it the safest. We heard the police yelling at some guests staying next door, and the cars stayed outside of our door and at the reception for hours.

The staff was great, especially at check-in. The position was great as well, and we liked that this was a pet friendly hotel.

Great beds, good location, friendly staff, easy parking!

There were cigarette burns in the sheets that were used to make our bed. When we first arrived I only noticed one not a big deal and it was late when we finally got into bed. The next day I noticed two in the bottom right hand corner. (We are not smokers).

Great beds, good location, friendly staff, easy parking!

Pool was over run by late teen, early twenty baseball...

Pool was over run by late teen, early twenty baseball players (amateurs.) Staff only wanted autographs if one turned pro someday. Scared children, played loud music dived into pool, even though it's not allowed staff was watching, did nothing!

Cheap, Friendly Staff, and Great Pool
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom could use a new coat of paint (its pealing from the ceiling) and some of the baseboards have water damage and could be replaced. These things really aren't deal breakers for me though.

Karen, at the front desk, was very friendly and helpful upon check-in and check-out. The pool was great. The price was reasonable. I'd defiantly stay here again.