Reviews of La Quinta Inn & Suites - Clearwater South 3 stars

5000 Lake Boulevard, Pinellas Park, FL 33760, USA

#5 of 7 hotels in Pinellas Park

Power kept cutting off..like 3 times.

The only issue I had was the power kept going out..it went out like 3 times but other then that everything else was perfect & would definitely come back and stay!

Excess road noise...especially motorcycles. Might try again as long as I can be guaranteed room away from the road.

Newly renovated...nice job. Possible contender to become designated corporate hotel. Danny at the front desk was great.

• Executive King Room

They allowed a woman to walk around with parrots on her shoulders while at the breakfast buffet. Noisy kids at night

Thr staff was incredible helpful. The hotel is a good value for the price. They were working to make a lot of updates. Very comfortable stay.

Friendly staff, clean and spacious room and above all clean bathroom! Big plus! 🙏 Front desk elderly Man was very lovely and we even extended our stay!!

On arrival I was impressed by the hotel that I had booked for my son and wife.Unfortunately the guests in the next room had the tv going all night on loud and were arguing and screaming at each other. After asking them to be quiet so that they could sleep,they were told to F Off .They went to complain to the desk manager and he said he would throw them out but he had another problem with other guests that had left dogs in the room alone that were being noisy and causing more complaints.So their complaint was swept under the carpet .2 of the nights they had no sleep and left early because of this. I paid good money for this trip to see my son and wife as I live in England and this ruined our get together. The hotel should have refunded 2 nights stay.Also the room I booked was a king size deluxe and according to the write up had a safe as part of the deal.But on checking out I was charged for that as well. Will never stay here again.These people should have been dealt with.

The bed was comfortable.

Location was bad. Cleaning services was not well. Price for stat was too high. Pool area was not appealing. The bathroom shower fixtures were not even connected correctly. Shower head was nasty/dirty.

The room set up was nice. And room size was great.

We got roaches in our room and we complain about it to the front desk and asked to have our room cleaned, they didn’t do anything except put the fridge in the correct place but didn’t clean the room, didn’t even make the bed. At night when we were back another roach appeared so by mid night we had to change rooms and when doing the check out I complaint to the manager and the only explanation was that they come in through the windows and that they were sorry, no compensation, nothing for the inconveniences. I don’t recommend that location to anyone.

reasturaunt next door awsome. but would of liked a couple more. still love set up

everything was great. nice and quiet. didnt do breaky but looked great.will stay there agian. visit area twice a year and need extra days before i get in condo.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Due to the renovation there were two blank spots on my walls where paintings or mirrors had been.The pillows were only adequate.

Clean, comfortable room. Wonderful staff

Location - too isolated/neighborhood poor, no nearby services (meals, convenience shops, etc.). Difficult to access from roadway. Breakfast was okay, not bad but below expectations for this property. Also no fresh coffee offered during day and evening and no fresh water.

Clean, comfortable and good value. Pleasant staff.

Hard to access. Entrance road is complicated and only minimally marked.

Clean, quiet (even though adjacent to highway), spacious, and comfortable. The clerk at checking was exceptionally efficient and friendly.

We checked in on Friday nite and my wife had no hot water for her early shower. It got hot when I took mine later. But in the morning there was no hot water for shaving. It took way too long to finally get it. When I pay these rates I expect hot water!

Eggs were tasteless. Only oranges available, no other fruit choices. No English muffins.

no shampoo in bath. no computer facilities available for use. mgr said could not use computer although computer was in lobby not being used. took 25 minutes to check out due to mgr doing kitchen waite staff duty.

newly redecorated. large room comfortable accommodations

When booking this hotel, it was not mentioned on the website that the entire hotel was under total renovations!!! We were exhausted and I had medical procedures scheduled for next 2 days & did not have the time or energy to find another hotel. There was jack hammers, fire alarms going off repeatedly, elevator out of service, no continental breakfast, as advertised, outer doors left open all night!! After speaking with hotel staff, I was contacted by Corporate Offices and asked to check out 2 days early because they finally decided to close the hotel down! We explained our situation that I had medical procedures & had plans to have Thanksgiving dinner with my family, the man was rude and unhelpful! We ended up checking out Thanksgiving morning & returned home and missed our visit with my family. The room was clean but was lacking completion of renovation. It totally ruined my whole trip and I am angry with the way in which Corporate treated my husband and I! I asked for a complete refund and was only granted one night refund! Let me repeat tho, Jeff the Manager at the front desk was fantastic but his hands were tied by Corporate offices!!!

The staff was doing the best they could considering corporate had their hands tied!!!

Oh Let See.................. The rooms were remodeled,well they were suppose to be. It was suppose to be a finished job. Terrible! We own a construction business and it would of never had been left like that. We have been going there for ten plus years,price went up and the rooms were not finished. Sunday morning how would you like to take a cold shower! Need I say more. :0(

BED.Breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

bugs under telephone, no hot water, towel rack off wall, no toilet paper holder, no blankets in room told hot eggs and only hard boiled, mildew from AC, noise outside window

new tile floor

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There didn't appear to be any ice machines due to the renovation and we didn't know about the renovation till we arrived.

The staff was friendly and efficient. The facility was nice but undergoing a full renovation so a few of the amenities were unavailable, as would be expected with renovations. The room was comfortable and quite. The breakfast was great. We had a very pleasant stay.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The reason we booked the hotel was because of Hurricane Irma. My elderly mother, my husband, myself, and our 2 crated cats, with a litter box, and a scratch mat. Because I booked the hotel with my debit card first, I had to make other purchases for emergency supplies. The manager called me the morning of our expected arrival, saying my debit card was declined and cancelling our reservation. I had another debit card to use, as well as fully prepared to pay the entire cost at the end of our stay with cash. He was very reluctant to accept cash, but finally agreed. I noticed there were several parties leaving before the Hurricane was expected to arrive, which I thought was very odd...given the fact that roads were so crowded with traffic, and gas stations were running out of gas. The hurricane was expected Sunday @ 2AM, and people were leaving Saturday afternoon. I was very concerned for their safety. I suspected there was price gouging involved. Something worth checking into. signed by Cynthia.

They were renovating... we did not know in advance .. dust everywhere.. there were not enough beds for our party .. they would not let us change rooms . We had to leave a day early because the storm was coming our way

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the breakfast food could be a little better. there wasn't much of a choice and it should go on a little longer then 6-9. some of us didn't get up to go in time. need laundry rooms on every floor and more then one washer /dryer too. need a quarter machine to in the laundry room if we need to do laundry and don't have any quarters. the front desk didn't keep many on hand .

the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room I had book is double queen bed , but we got double full bed , I had to let my wife and sister in law , sleep on the bed . I end up sleeping on the chair , not happy . The bathroom the exhaust fan is not working, the hand towel hanger is mess up , the door you have to push it hard to pass the toilet to close , does anyone check all of these things ?

Very friendly, very helpful..

I was there on an emergency w my daughter in the hospital and asked for a courtesy half day since I stayed 10 nites there. The nvr didn't grant it and my daughter took a cold shower due to construction the day she was discharged from the hospital.

Person at desk was always friendly spacious room

The fridge in the room was frozen and I couldn't even get my freezer pack out. I had to leave it.

The gentleman at the front desk was very welcoming! We had an issue with the TV and he came IMMEDIATELY to fix it. Wonderful customer service.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

I didn't like that the pool gets no afternoon sun, but I guess you can't do much about that.

I heard another guest state that your coffee was the best hotel coffee she had ever tasted and I have to agree.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There had to be the largest biker bar behind in america located behind this hotel. There were probably 1,000 to 1,500 people outside in the parking lot listening to a hard Rock band. There were bikers parked below my window revving their bikes. There was no security at the hotel, I called the desk and the night person said yes its been that way for years and we don't even make any money off of it. Great answer. I would never stay in another La Quinta or recommend anyone getting near one! The sinks were cracked from aging, lamps broken and bulbs missing. I am actually thinking about calling my credit card company and disputing the bill.

Did Not Eat Breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Entrance to the hotel is awkward, through the back of a parking lot, in a industrial, run down area. The beds were small, old mattresses. The hot pool was broken, the fitness center was old and machines dint work. Breakfast's only fruits were completely green bananas. Water in the bathroom stunk of sulfur. Horrible experience. We left after the first of our 3 nights. La Quinta, never again.

The front desk was very friendly

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The TV wasn't working, when I called the front desk, the guy make me feel I was bothering him.

The Air conditioner didn't work properly. The bathtub had stain mark.

Breakfast ran out and was not replenished. No coffee. No oj. No more eggs or sausage. Sad they charge so much and don't make good on the offer of a good breakfast. By 830 was finished but supposed to last until 9. And they don't care either.

Comfy room adjacent to Quaker Steak Biker Build.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Elevator stopped working the day we left. Thank goodness we brought all 5 of our bags down with the ONE bag cart carrier for the whole hotel. I also had my 6 month old having to carry up and down that morning before we left on the 4th floor. The hotel was in the process of being renovated, that was not listed on the site.

BREAKFAST WAS GREAT.Front desk gentleman,Jeff, helped us out with switching our rooms because we didn't have a microwave or fridge in ours.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Power went out and there was no generator, had to shower and get dress using the flashlight on our cellular phones, breakfast was not available, bathroom with lots of patch repairs visible

Price and evening desk clerk (Jeff)

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Pool and hot tub wasn't open. The gym is too small and machines are outdated. Water in entire hotel was shut off four times. Carpets felt disgusting. Rooms were always damp.

The guy at the front desk was very nice.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

OVERALL, IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY. NO COMPLAINTS. THE GENTLEMAN THAT WORKED THE 3;00 - 11;00PM SHIFT WAS ONE OF THE BEST IVE SEEN WOKING AT A HOTEL. WE SPEND AT LEAST 30 NIGHTS A YEAR AT HOTELS.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Bed was very uncomfortable the space of the room was great it was not utilized in a good way. There was only one bedside table which was not ideal. Had to wear shoes or socks the carpet was worn and dirty. Dresser drawers were broken not very much storage if staying for more than a night. Bathroom was small and could not have more than one person in there was not ideal seeing how I have a toddler. Bathroom light took a while to turn on at times and other times it turned on right way. When we did eat in room we had to eat on the bed because there was no table. (Room was large enough for one again space not utilized)

Location was great for us. Room size was great big and spacious. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The motel is under renovation and the mattress in our room needs to be replaced.

The rooms were large and there chairs in the room that made it very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The staff charged me $250.00 extra and never contacted me. It just showed up on my credit card. The reason? They said I smoked in the room. I have never in my life smoked. I asked them to immediately take the charge off my card and they said I needed to call my credit card and dispute it! Really? Are you kidding me???

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some remodeling is taking a little longer than expected but overall comfort is very acceptable.

Location and value is perfect for us will conducting business in Clearwater area.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

hotel appearance could be improved. pealing wallpaper in lobby, chipped paint in rooms, it looks like something was ripped off the bathroom door and not replaced, there was an iron burn mark on the rug, TV didn't always have reception. bad area for restaurants and shops.

the beds and pillows were very comfortable. room was clean. the pool was nice but small. iron that was provided worked well.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The smoke alarms went off because the laundry room over heated at 3am and we had to evacuate on our own...until the fire department came and the front desk clerk was young lady who was left alone was unprepared and didn't know what to do!

Nice clean and spacious with pool and hot tub and gym.the rooms comfortable and modern.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Smells like dogs esp. Elevator. Hotel is declining since we started to go there about 3 years ago. Cleaning staff had 2 floors to clean. Rugs were filthy.

Location staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Wifi worked less than half the time. Hair drier did not work. TV was flakey, only one channel worked Wednesday night. Condensate wet carpet under a/c. Musty smell.

Bed was comfortable. Refrigerator worked good.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The hallways felt very hot and muggy. The smell was very displeasing. The carpets were stained. My shower was extremely slippery and dirty. The A/C didn't feel like it was working properly.

Breakfast sausage was bland

We enjoyed everything

Great service

The shower was not installed properly

It’s fairly new building

Cofee

Bed like a cloud

Pool was freezing heater and filter were off smh

Staff was very nice

Cleanliness

Location from the beach.

Excellent staff very helpful.

• Executive King Room

Breakfast ended at 9:00am on the weekend. it could have stayed open another hour or two.

Too far from the beach

Pet friendly, good continental breakfast, pool with nice guests!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Enjoyed our stay ,friendly staff, clean rooms, and the shower was GREAT!! We loved the location the entire stay was great will return again soon.

• Executive King Room

We had no hot water the entire time we stayed.

It was nicely renovated.

Hotel under construction to much dust in the air

Room clean breakfast fair.

Love the nice comfy king bed !!!

Was under major construction

price

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Jacuzzi not working.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms carpets need to be clean, furniture repaired. Markings to the hotel's parking need to be updated.

Friendly staff and dog acceptance.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The bathroom smelled like urine and floor definitely was not clean. Room smelled damp.

The person at the front desk was friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Jacuzzi was not working...ugh

everything

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Rooms were very clean, staff was ultra friendly, breakfast was great. Overall, great experience.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

They were so full that they didn't have cots.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping was not the best.

The staff was friendly and helped in anyway possible.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Breakfast could be better, bed could be a little more comfortable

The staff was great place was nice

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

There were BED BUGS, VERY UPSET

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Location, Bed

Nice staff, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

I think everything was ok, nothing better than I expected. I expected a clean room, with good bed and good shower.

Breakfast was Ok, just as a normal breakfast in those kind of hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

The hot tub wasn't in service and we were looking forward to using that.

This was a quick weekend getaway for us and the hotel was perfect. Nice clean room, great location to the beach, and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

Nice clean lobby but dirty carpets in the corridors. Cigarette butts on the side and rear doors. Cigarette butts and smell around table near outdoor pool. Can not open the door between the breakfast room and the pool area. No towels near outdoor and indoor pool. Very limited and tasteless breakfast. Rust in bath and no water stopper. One evening I find that room door is not closed after cleaning and have been open all day. 3 nights neighbors on upper floor were troublesome loud untill 1 AM. Several times I complained to employee on the lobby but nothing has changed.

Clean room every day!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The noise from the road and road house was extremely loud. Aparently pets are allowed and the barking can also be loud.

the rooms were good, but could have used a foot stool, Staff was excellent,

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Not an easy place to find & get to, but perhaps need better directions on signs of location.

The bed was comfortable, room quiet, convenient to elevator & dining area. Breakfast was excellent choices & all food was good.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

First room given had pillows which were soiled and had hairs on them. We were given a different room which was better. Mattresses need to be upgraded. Water or humidity damage is present in the warm lobby and by our tub/shower.

Staff was accomodating.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

on the second night the internet was mostly not usable. On the second day, they removed the used towels, but then didn't replace them. Had to go to the desk.

There are also 45 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.