Reviews of Comfort Suites Clearwater - Dunedin 3 stars

1941 Edgewater Drive, Clearwater, FL 33755, USA

#5 of 21 hotels in Clearwater

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds could have been a little comfier but by no means were they horrible. On one of our days they were having the fire inspector checking rooms. They were also testing the fire alarms. The alarm was really loud and went off quite a few times. They did call us and let us know it was happening. It by no means ruined our day though. I understand the need to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

Very nice room, exceptionally fantastic staff!! We were very pleased with our experience!! Breakfast was fantastic. There were quite a few options to choose from. The hotel was across from the water and it was not terribly far from Clearwater Beach. It was a very nice place and a good value!!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The furnishings were very outdated, specifically the couch. The TV was small. After reading reviews, I expected a delicious breakfast, but it was very limited and bland. The hotel in whole, seemed a bit cramped in comparison to most hotels I’ve stayed in. The pool area was small and the water was so filled up with debris, guests ended up cleaning it themselves; the whole area seems to be an after thought, with no staff to monitor what’s happening, especially with it being so far from the main building/enclosed stairwell blocking the view.

The bed/pillows were comfortable. It was located across from a walking trail that overlooks the bay - great if you want to be close to water and enjoy the view, without swimming/sand/crowds. It’s significantly quieter than staying directly on the beach, but it’s a little too far from the action for my liking (I previously paid close to the same amount per night to stay at a lovely hotel on the beach). There wasn’t a ridiculously large hold on my card or hidden deposits, like at the other hotels I stayed in, which put me more at ease.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was not knowledgeable, and VERY unorganized. We also asked for a late check out, staff documented it the night before and in the morning surprisingly there was NO notes in the computer. Therefor we had to check out at 11! Outlets were loose, bathtub was dirty, sheets didn’t fit the bed, and they stopped refilling the breakfast items by 8:30! Breakfast didn’t end until 9. Wouldn’t stay here again. Pay a little extra would be my suggestion for a better hotel.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

They Wi-Fi didn't work /breakfast was ok .

I like this hotel five minutes to the beach Clearwater pier 60 and in front of the hotel there is a bay and close to the honeymoon Island so very good location I recommend this hotel highly for anyone

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I think breakfast should stay open till 10. My kids were tired every morning so I let them sleep and we would miss breakfast. I never seen any other kids there the whole time we were there. And it's not close to the beach.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

JUICE MACHINE BESIDE THE 24HR COFFEE DISPENSER WAS LOCKED AFTER BREAKFAST. WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED BEING ABLE TO GET A CUP OF COLD APPLE/ORANGE JUICE BEFORE BEDTIME.

GREAT CLOSE-UP PARKING, PLUS THE POOL TOWELS WERE AVAILABLE FOR USE ON THE NEARBY BEACH, WHICH WE RETURNED, OF COURSE. GREAT FACILITY-AND THE DESK ATTENDANT "SOFIA" HAD OUR NON-WORKING ROOM A/C CHANGED OUT WITHIN HOURS OF OUR CHECK-IN! THANKS FOR THE RELAXING STAY!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Little pricey. Pool seemed a bit small though we didn't use due to cooler weather. Pool closing at sunset seems crazy. Most hotels have theirs open til at least 10 pm. Air conditioner was on the noisy side but not unbearable.

Friendly staff, good breakfast,Large room and seemed to be in a nice location. Could see the bay by the hotel.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness, comfort, staff, and close proximity to Dunedin and Clearwater Beach by just jumping on And off Jolley Trolley at stop right in front of hotel to intriguing Dunedin Pier, shopping and restaurants, Tarpon and South to beautiful Clearwater Beach each day. The staff show pride in their recently upgraded hotel.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

It was really crowded the weekend we went so the breakfast area was packed!! Also only one elevator so during check out we had to wait a while to get out.

Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. Breakfast was delicious.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed was to firm for my comfort. Parking is limited.

Nice and friendly staff. Great view of bay, especially at sunset. Close to Clearwater beach and Phillies complex.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The building itself and especially bathrooms were not sound proof and that was annoying in a busy hotel.

We were there for blue jays spring training. It was just far enough away to be able to come back and have quiet time.

• Queen Suite with Bay View

Bathroom was ok, but needed a towel rack somewhere on wall between commode and shower. Breakfast was so-so, and had the same things everyday. Eggs were yucky, rubbery, and the meat was usually sausage.

staff was very helpful and friendly, AC worked great, very roomy, room was clean, WIFI worked well.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My only problem was that on two separate occasions, I went to the front desk and there was nobody available, I waited for a while and even called out (there is no bell or buzzer to attract attention) but nobody came and I gave up and left the desk. On both of these occasions I was trying to purchase bottled water from their vending facility so in effect in resulted in 'lost' business to them.

The facility was functional and lived up to my expectations. Breakfast was welcome in the morning although the breakfast room got a little crowded.

• Queen Suite with Bay View

Smelly stairway by the pool, small television for such a large room, the breakfast. (Good yogurt but bad eggs and meat.)

The breakfast could be better.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

room was very noisy. i believe we were assigned a room at the end of hallway next to mechanical facilities due to the reduced rate received from Booking but you could check if any other rooms were available'

location and breakfast

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Comfort suites did not have our reservation from booking.com. We were stuck with a queen room. Dirty pool full of mulch and a dog barking non-stop in the room next to us. We will only pay for the 3 nights that we stayed!!!!

the staff

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

See above. Eggs and bacon were terrible.

Breakfast was included. Very busy and not enough seating. Could have better layout for waffle maker as it held up line

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room could have been a little more spacious.bed up against wall made it hard to get in on that side.

Staff friendly and helpful. Clean room and decent breakfast assortment.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

, the housekeepers were very friendly and nice. But I couldn't say that about the desk staff. Not friendly or smiling, last time I checked, Florida is in the South! Where's the service and smile, not a cold smirk ? to think we paid for this and some insect bites, no way to resolve this?

I was lying in bed, just after showering. After about an hour, while watching tv, I felt something bite me, I ignored it at first, then it happened a few more times. I could not see anything. And then the next day when I woke up, I had itchiness on my legs and a few hours later it got itchier and left marks on my legs that looked like bites. This persisted for a couple of days even when I got back to Georgia. On check out the staff said he'll look into it but I haven't heard anything, so maybe this review will get the message across. Also, after I made the booking I felt hoodwinked because the booking is not changeable and felt like there were more properties that offered a much reasonable price, When I asked the guy that checked us in, he said " oh you're getting a better deal because it's the lowest this hotel can offer. There was no warning that before you finalize this deal, be absolutely sure. I booked it then a red caption said this is not refundable. What a crock! I've booked a few times with you guys but this one stuck it to me good!!!

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Noisy air conditioner, the light on the night stand did not work, the bed was not comfortable got up every morning with back pain.

Breakfast, close proximity to the beach.

PARKING LOT TOO SMALL FOR LARGE VEHICLES

The close proximity to the GULF OF MEXICO AND FISHING AND CRABBING.EXCELLENT NIGHTTIME VIEW OF CLEARWATER BEACH.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Only think was not with comfort inn, it was the trolley that picks up across the street to take you to the beach,etc. Trying to get back to properly was a major ordeal.told three driver's needed to go to comfort inn drove us all around Clearwater then dropped us off and said next trolley would pick us up. After third time called taxi, paid for all day transportation, waste of money.

Room was clean, beds where comfortable, breakfast was good

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I talk to two people two different time about the air condition bec the air was broke and I could not sleep bec it was two HOTT for the two days I payed for. So they was not no help at all. I wish I had went too other hotel but I already payed that was all the money I had. So they did not ask me to move to other room but they was nice and told me they will have someone to look at it but never did.

I like the people there was very nice.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

When we went for breakfast, the eggs were coming 5 at a time and the other guesses were taking 3 all together. The breakfast area was small and I have to wait to sit with my family because it wasn't enough tables and chairs In the picture when I books was a kitchen included. The bathroom didn't have ventilation and we have to wait for the central ventilation to run. The toilet got flowered. We arrived from a long trip at 11 pm and I asked if was possible to check out later than 11 am. And the lady said no, you will need to pay a whole new day. We tried to use the pool in the morning and they told us to leave because need it clean in.

the beds were very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Reserved for 5 people, but towels were just enough for two. This happens with nearly all hotels. So I just went to lobby, and staff gave me extras.

very comfortable bed. Room seemed new, or newly renovated. No unpleasant odors. Clean bathroom. Breakfast area was clean, and the staff was constantly restocking it.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

A regular phonebook in the room would of helped to order pizza's etc that would have delivery service . too out of way to find regular .

Liked the breakfast walk in shower and room was cleaned every day.was very comfortable.would stay again.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel did not have my reservation upon arrival. I was told later that my details had not been sent across?.

It was good value for a hotel in that location

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel somewhat remote from local amenienties however was directed by locals to Nauti Nancies approx 1/2 mile away. Nice seafood at reasonable prices

Very comfortable bedroom. Allowed early check in which was very much appreciated.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We did not use the pool but it looked to be a mess and not ready for the season.

Nice, clean facility with a friendly staff. Several choices for the free breakfast which was served from 7 to 10 am.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We came down to breakfast at 8:50 and there was no meat. The food suppliers started closing up while there was lots of people still eating. One elderly woman just wanted a muffin and there was none. Also only apples for fruit. People should be able to sleep in and come down and still have food!!!

The location and local restaurants

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

would rather have had a blanket instead of the comforter. bed tucked in was annoying. cookies/coffee/tea in the afternoon would be a real bonus.

location was fantastic!!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Safe was broken, sink did not hold water, Frig was loud and woke us up multiple times. Our bill had charges for snacks that we did not purchase.

The location.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been better. It was the same thing most of the time. They were always out of products. Seems someone didn't know how to order.

I liked the fact that the hotel was in walking distance to town.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Eggs were probably powdered eggs. Bacon thin as paper, nut and raisins and bananas were only available 3 of 7 days. Not enough tables in room to accommodate need.

Cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

With 3 people trying to get ready at the same time, could have used a table within reaching distance from the full length mirror outside the bathroom. Just a suggestion! Unfortunately, pool was closed during our stay.

Breakfast was perfect, nice selection, comfortable space!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Pull out couch bed for 11 year old was horrible. Even at her age she was very uncomfortable. Walls could certainly use a new coat of paint. Looked sort of shabby.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was too small. Staff not at the front desk. Pull out sofa did not have bedding in the room, mattress was low quality.

The room was large for the 4 of us. The beds were comfortable. The location was beautiful, across the water!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Battery in room ran down started squawking at 4:00 am! These should be changed out annually, must not be? First day water was out for 3 hours or so, we do understand things happen, still no showers as wanted to head out. Couch in room needs to go, needs new one. Some hooks to hang beach clothes and towels for drying would be much appreciated! Nothing except hook on bath door???? Bathroom needs fan terribly so it draws steam from showers out!!! More ice machines through or on each floor. Laundry facility? Picture shows many washers & dryers??? There was only 1 of each????? Need more Please, they were busy. The 1 machine of each worked well.

Breakfast needed to be changed up a bit real eggs. More seating.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

pool request was not honored, got a room overlooking garage

Free breakfast, location,lg room, microwave and refrigerator. Infused water excellent, across the street from the bay, within walking distance to shops and restaurants

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Like many Comfort Suites visitors we travel by road and bring several bags/ suitcases for the extended journey. This Comfort Suites must be unique in only having two luggage carts for the whole hotel. On both arrival and departure these were not available We are elderly and struggled with our luggage. We saw others having to do the same. The management response ' we are too small a hotel to have more than two carts'!!!!!!!!

As expected in ComfortSuites, the room was extremely comfortable and well laid out

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Bay View

Everything else. I wont be staying there again. The pool area was unkept and the hot tub was taped off. There were patched holes all through the room and the odor coming from the hallway seeped into the room. I was not impressed at all. I was able to cancel my 3 day reservation the next morning without any issues or fees.

The beds were comfortable and the night staff was friendly and personable.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Queen Suite with Bay View

When entering the Hotel late afternoon and evening, front desk staff did not acknowledge us at all, walked right past them with no response from them.

Location for our needs, very good. Check in Customer service by Carrie, very good.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a joke. Only unhealthy carbs. The hardboiled eggs were pre-peeled in an unlocked fridge for days. Anyone could tamper with them. I had to go out for breakfast. The room was too dark for me so I changed hotels. The pool wasn't clean and I shudder to think about the hot tub.

It was possible to cross the street and take a lovely walk along the water, all the way to Dunedin. The staff was friendly. The pool temperature was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the air condition was broke in the hall ways and the room in front of ours had some sort of water damage or leake which made the hallway smell musty and the blowers they used to dry out the room were very loud

I liked the location and the view of the bay and how close it was to Duneden and the beaches.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

overall looks old and not such an inviting place. elevators are extremely slow and not clean. breakfast wasn't good.

large rooms but pretty empty, ok location (around mid way) between clearqwter beaches and dunedin center.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No view of the water or place to sit out to enjoy the view.

Employees were so friendly and welcoming. Beds were great in fact my friend wanted to buy the pillow.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Bay View

pool times listed were incorrect, later pool opening would be good

location good as in the middle of all beaches, staff friendly, rooms clean and tidy. very welcoming. All you could need. prices very reasonable. Quiet location and all guests respectable.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We heard eeeeevvertthing in the room next to us. It wasn't a big deal because we are easy to please but it felt like someone was taking a shower with us 😳

We were able to check-in early and check out late, free of charge!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

the bed was lumpy, the a/c was loud

the pillows, the desk and comfortable seating, the cheese omelet, the closeness to the water, the helpful staff

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

the pool and the hot tub were pretty dirty

the room was very comfy

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Vent in the bathroom didn’t work, the pullout couch was broke

Selection for breakfast was good

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool water was too cold....

The rooms were smoke free and very comfortable....

n/a

nice accommodations

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We got upgraded & the extra space was nice. The breakfast was nice.

• Queen Suite with Bay View

The veiw for me paying for a view i never got.

Nothing there was a tree in my view really small rooms .

EXCELLENT. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

EVERYTHING!

Nothing not to like.

Right across from water of the bay. Not on beach so it's a little more quiet.

The pool was dirty and very small, one elevator, not kid friendly, no balconies

Comfortable and very clean

Microwave broken.

Location, and proximity to water. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was cold and hot tub was too hot

Clean, good breakfast and close to the water

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Quiet. Good location between attractions north and south of the hotel.

parking maybe

The room was big enough for my family, they did upgrade us.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Low lighting in bathroom n no fan help air out smells n steam build up

Nice size room with kitchenette, long sofa pull out bed, n 2 television

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Was situated in a neighborhood and the view of the roof from our window sucked.

Kinda quiet and off main drags

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They stopped serving breakfast at 9 00 . It should go till 9:30 am. I'm on vacation and want to sleep a little longer.

It was quiet!

At this point nothing..

Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. Very impressed

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Wife has allergies so no place for dogs. Morning breakfast had no real change in the hot menu items.

Facility clean, location good for morning walks.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

$300 a night???? It was a fine stay but I can’t understand the value of $300 a night room that was nothing more than a room

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Dirty. Shower did not work dingy old decor.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff....very accommodating, friendly.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

we had a very nice stay I could see intercoastal waterway from my bed.

Little pricey

Bathtub needs replaced

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was what I expected. Not great.

Staff was friendly and helpful. being across the road from the ocean was great. Nice walk into Dundien.

• Standard Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

mold smell, pool dirty, hallway dirty, rooms outdated and strong smell of mold. I had such bad headache from the smell we left 2 days early.