Reviews of The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel 4 stars

495 Geary Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA

#74 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

Good hotel, clean and an ok location
    • Preferred Two Doubles

The location of the Hotel borders on a not particular nice area but u are very close to union square you can see it from the hotel not more than 2 m8 utes walk

Good hotel, more of a business hotel than a leisure hotel. We stayed as a family and enjoyed and had no concerns with the hotel

Central location (2 minute walking to Union Square)
    • Preferred King Room

Overrated and pricey breakfast Pricey Parking (you can find much cheaper options nearby)

Central location (2 minute walking to Union Square) Modern and clean facilities with really nice rooms Extremely good gym General attention to details

Great location if you are going to be in town for a few days.
    • Preferred Two Doubles

The bathroom was a bit small but all in all the room was great.

Great location if you are going to be in town for a few days. Right next to union square where you can get the bus for the tour around the city. It also close to bars and restaurants which is really convenient. The view from our room was also great. The hotel itself has a modern design and the stuff is really helpful and friendly.

Thin walls, but a glorious stay

Walls on rooms are super thin. Stayed on 14th floor and you could hear everything after hours! Also, became used to having coffee machines in rooms, but this was the first hotel in a week which didn't.

Bed was epic. Great sleep when the noise was down, and quick to get to the airport. Would stay again

Avoid. Costs about $30 more per night than advertised.

The undisclosed convenience charge! The hotel will add this on to cover wifi, a bar discount (unwanted, as the bar is a tourist dive these days). There's no opt-out of this. When you're booking, remember that this hotel will actually cost you $28 more per night than quoted.

Comfortable but very tired decor. Feels like walking into the 1990s. Location is great. I used to love staying here, but now only return if it's the last option in the area.

Location and overall hotel style still beautiful.
    • Preferred King Room

Beds were great but rooms were tired. Bathtub has worn through finish. Furniture worn out and some stained.

Location and overall hotel style still beautiful.

Good located hotel
    • Preferred Two Doubles

The hotel is good but the room (bathroom, bed) was a little bit too old and not with the best equipment for an expensive 4 star hotel. No real place for clothes (4 person room) except your own bags on the floor and a small place for hanging up a few clothes.

Friendly staff Fast and easy check-in

Great location pretty much central to everything, loved the...
    • Preferred King Room

Our AC unit never got the room too cool it stayed pretty tepid the entire trip

Great location pretty much central to everything, loved the decor, king sized room was pretty spacious

great location and staff
    • Preferred Two Doubles

the furniture and carpet in our room was stained, during our stay the out side was being worked on so it was a little cluttered

Great Location, super central. Staff wonderful and attentive. the main lobby is chic and cool, very welcoming

The bar and the lobby are beautiful.

The room was not 4 star standard. The room smelt and the bathroom was not 4 start standard.

The bar and the lobby are beautiful. The staff were nice. The bed was very comfortable.

Atmosphere was great.

Even though the staff was friendly we ased for a taxi and our luggage from the storage but nothing happened. So they didn't communicate to each other, I guess..

Atmosphere was great. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was great.

Would have rated higher except for room location

Avoid rooms 1501-1527. They are off the elevator lobby and the Spanish Suite, where drunk and loud party goers congregate.

The staff were friendly and the beds were super comfy.

Wouldn't recommend it unless you are desperate.
    • Studio with King bed

Hotel needs a facelift. Food needs to be 24/7, even if it's a limited menu. Furniture is very dated.

I think it's over priced, even for SF. - $1700 for 3 nights. I was very hungry at 1am (Jet lag) only to be told room service starts at 6.30am. What a joke! Breakfast cost me 50 dollars. I am not sure why, I couldn't eat half of it, eggs under cooked, ham tasted like it was 5 years old. Next day I tried buffet, croissants stale. I gave up and lived on starbucks which is opposite. There was a marathon on the day I was leaving, the hotel didn't bother to inform me of this, so I nearly missed my flight. This lack of information was the icing on the cake. After checking out, I returned an hour later to collect my luggage I asked the receptionist if I had left anything in the room she informed me that I had not. Well, I left my charger and two books. The hotel is dated. Food is dreadful. But the staff are friendly. I ended up chatting to a few other hotel guests and they were equally as unhappy as me.

Staff are great, location is easy - the neighbourhood is...
    • Preferred King Room

Needs a refit, the docks are still aimed at the old Apple adaptors. However, that should be on the way now.

Staff are great, location is easy - the neighbourhood is slowly changing.

Perfect for a quick get away
    • Preferred Two Doubles

Rooms were a bit small and walls seemed thin so we could easily hear our neighbors.

The staff was professional and friendly. The Redwood Bar was cozy and made fantastic Manhattans! Good location, near Union Square, shopping, restaurants, etc. The room itself was clean and beds comfy (a bit soft for my taste but I still slept well!) I had noisy neighbors in an adjacent room but the front desk took care of it immediately!

Stressful and disgusted the way the hotel overcharged my card with no notification.
    • Preferred King Room

They put a hold of an extra $1000 (aus) on my card without my knowledge, without telling me. It was not in the booking.com booking. When I asked about this, I was dismissed and told it was standard practice and "policy" and the guy kept saying " perfect". The arrogance of the staff overall, even the security was overly aggressive and not suitable to be used for customer service. They then falsely charges an extra $40+ to my card saying minibar and bar tap that was never used and fully settled. I emailed them and no response. Honestly, I wasn't happy with the way they handled it at all, they should not have the ability to charge and lock off funds on cards they way they do. Also really overpriced for what it is, do not stay.

Dog Friendly, bike rentals, elevators, location, comfy bed,...
    • Preferred King Room

Staff was so confused and each person had something different to say regarding the go green option for room service. Sketchy area to left of hotel. Outdated room design.

Dog Friendly, bike rentals, elevators, location, comfy bed, held luggage after check out

Staying hip in SF

Excellent location, great vibe throughout the property. Wonderful redwood paneled Art Deco bar which serves many special cocktails. Comfortable room and bedding. I look forward to my next trip to SF and staying at the Clift.

Hotel is mediocre and expensive. I have stayed in nicer and quieter 3stars in the same area.
    • Preferred King Room

Rooms are not nearly as nice as the lobby/bar would have you believe. Small, bathroom size of a closet, stains on carpet and dirty curtains. Also, I know that all the hotels in SF do it, but the extra $25 or so Urban Facilities fee is ridiculous. A 4 star hotel SHOULD have free wifi and gym. They should not advertise on booking that they have all these amenities then charge you an extra $25-$35/night for them. I didn’t want a “free” $10 drink at the bar everyday so ridiculous I was forced to buy it within that fee. If they want to charge that fee it should be wrapped in the room rate and not snuck in with the fine print.

The lobby and bar area is really nice.

what the best way to enjoy my birthday trip !
    • Preferred King Room

I wasn't aware that there is a facility fee for each night and the breakfast was too costly for a very basic breakfasts. It was around $30 inclusive tax.

I love the hotel, staffs and they upgraded my room as my birthday gift !! Even though no birthday cake but the room I've got was with union square view and so spacious. They also refunded the missed charged of the mini bar that I didn't use and they have this SMS system to make things easier to communicate with the front desk staffs.

A very disappointing exp.
    • Preferred Two Doubles

Very deceiving on line. All 8 of us would never recommend this property. The front end staff is not friendly and the property itself has never been renovated and is dirty. Beds are uncomfortable too.

funky decor
    • Preferred King Room

under construction very dark no parking out front and valet service awkward on arrival staff very off-hand on check-in (disinterested) no bath

funky decor well appointed (walkable to union square)

no coffee in room a disappointment. great location
    • Preferred King Room

no coffee in room. said parking available, was expensive valet or in nearby lot, again expensive.

T.V. didn't work but quickly fixed. great location for chinatown and walking to tourist areas.

Spacious room with a beautiful city view
    • Preferred King Room

Fridge is kept off (on purpose) and there's dust on it. Cleaning staff left my pijamas tossed on the floor one day. Scratches on the bathroom's cabinet means it needs refurbishment!! Razor provided in the bathroom has dust on it. No shower gel provided - only shampoo and soap bar.

Spacious room with a beautiful city view

Met expectations but did not exceed them
    • Studio with King bed

Nothing was really special.

Staff was pretty good. Room service was quick and food was pretty good. Valet service was good. Lobby and bar nicely decorated

Hip veneer masks underlying rot.
    • Preferred King Room

Could have been more clear that valet parking is about $60. No valet service. Doorman don't open the door. Restaurant did an automatic gratuity of 15% on a party of 2. I like to tip but not mandatory. The restaurant staff were apathetic. The $70 breakfast for 2 was sub-par. I wouldn't have had the courage to put the "fruit" bowl in front of a guest.

Cool ambience.

• Preferred King Room

The rooms were very dated, bathrooms need updating, the service was terrible. Stayed 16 nights and they wouldn't even provide a complimentary late checkout on my final day.

The dirtiest “nice” hotel in San Francisco.
    • Preferred Two Doubles

The toilet wasn’t flushed when I arrived in the room. Then, there was a BUG on my room service tray. And instead of comping my room service, they comped just 1/2 of the bill...completely innapropriate.

Great design and style for a decent price in SF
    • Preferred King Room

Unluckily I had some very loud people next door which made the experience in tryinng to sleep in on a saturday morning a little hard.

Great interior design and very comfortable location to quickly walk to central SF. Rooms were spacious and very clean.

Was ok until being mistreated from the breakfast responsible Lady.
    • Preferred King Room

The bathroom is quite below the average for this level of hotel, looks like a one star hotel bathroom. Despite the people from the front desk, bar and waitress, the lady responsible for the breakfast is amazingly rude and should not work in a hotel.

Good options for the breakfast and nice bar. Front desk staff. The bed.

Overall the stay was adequate.
    • Preferred Two Doubles

The bathroom wasn't up to the standard of the rest of the room. A bit worn out and a few things were broken.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar was great as well.

Staff was very helpful and upgrading us for our anniversary...
    • Preferred King Room

There was food particles and pieces of chips along the edges of the walls and the carpet was dirty.

Staff was very helpful and upgrading us for our anniversary was appreciated. Bed was very comfortable and awesome pillows.

Great Stay! I 'll definitively book it again if I have to go back to SF
    • Preferred King Room

I loved the location, great to visit SF. The bar is very popular in Sf, if you sleep there you can access the bar avoiding the long queue there is to enter

Don't choose this place!
    • Preferred King Room

I am a regular San-Francisco traveller and wanted to try this Hôtel as they have a good PR to present it as a cool and hype place.... No way... Go back to W for my next trip!

Poor management, poor maintenance, poor service....

Enjoyed stay very much if I ever return to city Clift is probably first choice.
    • Preferred King Room

Location makes it necessary to use valet.

Great options for breakfast great valet service excellent staff!! I even got an upgraded room which I doubly appreciate.

business in sf
    • Preferred King Room

coordination between booking and the facility

terrible corp policies and no good staff. Had an issue with rooms, payment, cancellation for a 2 rooms booked almost 6 months in advance and no one (including manager) was able to help me in solving the problem.

Bad Choice
    • Studio with King bed

This bad experience started with waiting 30 minutes to get the luggage delivered to my room, continued with the $28 mandatory daily charge for WiFi and a daily drink (!) and peaked with the filthy carpet and vents in the room, lack of 24 hour room service, lack of a coffee maker in the room and consistent disrespect for the “do not disturb” sign at my door. Bad choice, I wouldn’t stay here again.

Location is fine, rooms are spacious, bar is nice.

After 4 years to be customers they gave us an upgrade and we...
    • Studio with King bed

The price was too high for having a small and old bathroom. The room was not clean.

After 4 years to be customers they gave us an upgrade and we appreciate it.

I have always loved The Clift Hotel, I will come back again and again!!
    • Preferred Two Doubles

The bathroom was fairly small and a little cramped... but have stayed in other rooms at this property where this wasn’t the case.

The bed was, in fact, like a fluffy warm cloud that I didn’t want to ever leave!

The Clift still delivers and is a very easy place to be, cool and adult.
    • Preferred King Room

Not that I used it for long but the TV signal to the room was varible and some channels were poor in reception. Although very clean, I think the rooms need a refresh and I think the IPOD docs need to be updated. The gym is adequate but not inspiring. For my needs none of these would stop me booking again.

A cool hotel in a great location for access to downtown and the rest of the city. The rooms are clean, maybe in need of a little updating, the foyer and the bar are still cool. This is a hotel for adults.

The lobby is spectacular and the overall feeling that the...
    • Preferred King Room

Not a dealbreaker but I had to charge my phone in the bathroom as there was nothing available in the room or I had to unplug some lamps. The radio next to the bed has still the connection for an iPhone 4 or so. Would be good if they can upgrade to more convenient usb charging stations which most hotels have these days.

The lobby is spectacular and the overall feeling that the building gives. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

We came to have a post Christmas break in the city. Very enjoyable.
    • Preferred Two Doubles

Scaffolding around building was a bit of an eyesore, but didn't impact our stay. The lighting is very dark inside the hotel which my kids thought was a little creepy, but I liked it. Felt relaxing.

Room was more spacious than I expected for 4 of us, myself and 3 boys, 22, 18 and 17. Beds were very comfortable . Didn't spend too much time in the room but it was great, we were on 14th floor great view.

Overall good stay!
    • Preferred King Room

I was disappointed that the bathroom in my hotel room did not look like the pictures on the booking website. They were not bad, just not what I expected.

The staff was very accommodating and helpful!

Of my thousand + nights of luxury hotel stays, this was by far the worst!
    • Preferred Two Doubles

Front desk staff was a C-/D+. Parking fee was exorbitant.Daily facility fee was excessive and attempted to mask that WiFi was extra and very expensive. After a few exchanges with the staff, it felt like you should check your pockets every time you entered or left the hotel to ensure your wallet and cash were still there. Bathroom was tiny -- could not bring a toiletry bag into it.

Concierge staff was very helpful

Breakfast was great.
    • Preferred King Room

We could hear a bit of snoring through the walls - only in the am. Our room faced the other rooms - no view.

Breakfast was great. Loved the cappucino. The staff was working very hard but a bit stressed with a busy am. The bed was very comfortable.

The fact that I was not apologized to, or given future complimentary nights stay says everything.
    • Preferred King Room

I have never been treated so poorly at a hotel nor humiliated so badly in front of business associated by The Clift's staff. The lack of hospitality and grasp on who their in house guest were cost me a major business deal I was working on. I have never in my professional career had an external force such as the hotel and its staff that keeps it running directly effect, shape or influence my business practices and my relationship with clients. I have stayed at the hotel countless times in the past, it's my go-to place to stay whenever I visit San Francisco. Over the last five years and well over a dozen stays, I recommend it to friends, family, colleagues, and clients as the only hotel worth staying at in the city -- bringing to the hotel a surplus of new business and frequent patrons by my personal endorsement. Given the my long standing loyalty and patronage to the hotel, the business I have brought it through effusive recommendations to my wide professional and personal network, and my horrendous experience as mentioned in detail above, the fact that I was not apologized to by the staff, or offered future complimentary nights stay to rectify the disastrous treatment of myself and my clients by the hotel staff or any sort of renumeration for the experience is utterly appalling and disgraceful. I would like to take this matter up with a senior manager at the hotel, whoops, already tried that. No one would give me information on the appropriate senior official to voice my experience and complaint to.

The opportunity to check out of the hotel and end my terrible stay at The Clift.

Lovely place spoiled by questionable service charge policy for using the hotel amenities.
    • Preferred King Room

The added mandatory daily "service charge" of $28 which is effectively for terrible wi-fi access, free tea and coffee in the lobby, and use of small fitness room....which should be standard and free for guests in a hotel of this class and price bracket nowadays. The hotel bar is very popular with local non-residents, and it was therefore very difficult to get service or a drink as a hotel guest on both nights we stayed...thus making it very difficult to redeem the $10 dollars on the service charge fee. Scrap the service charge and be honest with your pricing, and look after hotel residents who want a drink in the bar or lobby. After complaining, the hotel did refund one day of service charges. If yiu are going to charge $17.95 for wi-fi access, at keast make it decent.

The stylish furnishings and rooms.

Very comfortable bed.
    • Preferred King Room

Staff checked us into the wrong room--with someone already inside. We were so embarrassed! Internet access--which was given to us for free because of this egregious mistake--was quite slow. I mean, come on, no one should charge extra for WiFi, especially if the connection is bad! We got the room with a promo discount, and we realized later why: the facade is under construction. We had a hard time locating the property because there are no signages. The lighting in the hotel lobby is very dark, which gives a sinister vibe. The interior decoration consisting of weird-looking giant chairs is unique, but lacks imagination. When I checked out, the hotel do not want to provide any receipt because it was booked in Booking.com, even after I insisted that it's for reimbursement purposes.

Very comfortable bed. They give you free food/driks in exchange for not requesting room cleaning service. The room is very spacious, nice ly decorated and clean, which makes up for the badly decorated lobby. Overall our stay in this hotel is quite comfortable. The property is strategically located right at the heart of Union Square, so it is a very good headquarters for going around town. I would have given a higher score, if not for our bad check-in and check-out experience with their horrible staff.

Great place to be in SF

Maybe having some tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms would be nice...

Stylish hotel, great location in the city center. Rooms are well equipped and nicely designed. Lobby is nice place for a short rest during a busy day in SF. Great bar although quite busy on the weekends. I would always come back on my next SF trips.

Excellent value for money. Getting to airport in hotel owned vehicle made leaving easy and pleasant
    • Preferred King Room

Handicap access somewhat lacking. Shower head difficult to handle, making floor wet and slippery. I thought the wet slippery floor hazardous.

Friendliness and helpfulness of staff

I was charged a mandatory $28 facility fee, but was not told...
    • Preferred King Room

I was charged a mandatory $28 facility fee, but was not told of this at check-in and therefore did not enjoy its benefits in any way. It was written on the booking.com order in retrospect, so I cannot really ask for my money back, but this is really a shame.

Great design hotel built in 1920s and still a cool place.
    • Preferred King Room

Pricing is quite high, especially, as you have to pay an additional resort fee of 28$. The rooms are still great, however, need a renovation soon. The bathrooms are tiny.

The Clift is a trendy design hotel close by Union Square. The rooms have all different sizes. They differ from small to big. The furniture is pretty much identical in all rooms and displays the colors of San Francisco. The beds are huge and super comfy. The cool redwood room Bar is crowded mainly on Thursdays and Fridays. The drinks very good and served in large variety. The hotel service is good and quite personal. Actually you can open the windows, which is a big plus.

The bed was comfortable and I love the location
    • Preferred King Room

I thought the breakfast buffet was VERY sparse compared to every place i've stayed. I was very surprised.

The bed was comfortable and I love the location

Location/vibe/staff/building.
    • Studio with King bed

1.Need a loyalty program to connect with your clientele...I stayed at Mondrian LA a few months earlier. 2. Need some directory for hotel..you have wonderful facilities.. I read more on booking site.!!

Location/vibe/staff/building.

Design hotel, nice lobby
    • Preferred King Room

You got to pay for wifi Their „green space” policy, where you are supposed to be rewarded for not using cleaning services is very sketchy. It is a typical „small letter text” tricks - when you will move in, you can opt in for not cleaning your room for an exchange for food/drinks voucher. Careful! Voucher can be used for the same day only, and you can not opt out to the service even if you dont like it. They dont tell about it from the beginning, so you can read it as a little text on the card.

Design hotel, nice lobby

Expensive, but the location and staff make it worth it.
    • Preferred King Room

Wow, the bar is incredibly loud , packed and the drinks are so expensive.

The concierge even got me a ticket on the Alcatraz tour after the website said it was sold out. What a great front desk staff!

underwhelmed
    • Preferred King Room

mostly poor service at front desk. Huge noisy party that continued until 4am!; Staff seemed unsympathetic to the fact that I couldn't sleep as a result

location was ok

Location near the Union Square,
    • Preferred King Room

The neighborhood south and west of the hotel - hordes of homeless people. The decor outdated. It looked like a 4* hotel maybe 20 years ago, not so nowadays. It is not that easy to use your $10 coupon (which you have to pay in the room price) for the bar. It is usually overcrowded and it is hard to be even served in the lobby.

Location near the Union Square, Decent breakfast.

The location is close to the Moscone core.
    • Preferred King Room

The location is close to the Moscone core. Shopping and restaurants very near. The breakfast is a bit over priced compared to just as good or better near by ($5 for coffee and $5 for OJ), but also have free coffee in lobby and, if hungry enough, the buffet is good. We enjoyed the stay and would stay again.

Great location and friendly staff!
    • Preferred King Room

Sometime it's too crowded to get back into the hotel if there are events on i the club so there should be a special entrance specifically for hotel guests.

Great location an it is just off union square and you can walk down into downtown in 20 minutes.

Location to downtown area was good, and the rooms which are...
    • Preferred King Room

Unfortunately the homeless problem is far worse than when we last visited. The area has go extremely dirty..The hotel needs some upkeep and repairs that need to be completed

Location to downtown area was good, and the rooms which are an art deco design is a nice touch

Great location, decent hotel.
    • Preferred King Room

1. Internet access cost was ridiculous and was a surprise as the Booking.com stated that Internet was included. 2. The general state of the room was simply not clean. There was mold in the shower, the shower head was pretty bad and for some reason the cleaning staff took the mugs they provided us but did not replace it.

Loved the location and the hotel in general. Loved the fact that we could open the windows. The bed was fantastic as well.

Very enjoyable
    • Preferred Two Doubles

Bathroom was very small. There was no shower cap or shower gel in bathroom. Buffet breakfast a little limited but did have al a carte menu.

It was a large twin room, bigger than expected. Very quiet, probably because on 14th floor. Beds and pillows very comfortable. Loved the decor of hotel.

Pleasant hotel, reasonable value and good location, decor...
    • Preferred King Room

Pleasant hotel, reasonable value and good location, decor will split opinion. Would recommend they stop selling clothes in lobby since it gives off a "yard sale" vibe.

Ok but won’t recommend.
    • Preferred King Room

Overpriced and not so relevant. Buffet breakfast at almost $30 plus no macchiato/cappuccino included is terrible. At this sort of environment with this type of clientele this should be included. It matters.

Decor/style was great.

Fun and easy.
    • Preferred King Room

Only problem, and I know this is common in San Francisco, I got in at the end of a heat wave, and the AC in my room wasn’t very good, a fan was brought up for us and that helped.

Really modern, funky vibe, great decor, friendly helpful staff.

Not recommended!

The Clift Hotel has the worst reception staff I have ever experienced in my 43 yo life of travelling around the world. The check-in, as well as the check-out, was an unpleasant and a frustrating experience. The young reception staff is non-informative, very confusing, and not at all helpful, nor understanding. The deluxe room was spacious, except the bathroom. I would however consider it a bigger standard room and not call it deluxe. There are nicer areas to stay at if visiting. I do not recommend to stay at the Clift. 👎

Comfortable bed. Good sustainability program option in regards to housekeeping services. 👍

Great location but not luxurious enough for the money.
    • Preferred King Room

Our room which was quite expensive, was small and slightly tired (bathroom needs makeover). We overlooked central courtyard with all the air con units.

Central location, ideal for sightseeing. Very relaxed atmosphere throughout hotel. Spectacular bar.

Great base for exploring San Francisco
    • Preferred King Room

Staying for 3 nights, we decided to use the hotel's "Green" offer and not have a change of linens or service during our stay. However, we were surprised that that meant that the housekeeping did not even come into our room to empty the bins during the stay. Whilst we did not expect the room to be cleaned, we thought the bins would have been emptied. The bathroom in our room was also very small and dated. Our bathroom could have done with an upgrade (for example, as there was mould and dirt in the grouting and silicone around the bath).

Great location, comfortable bed and room, lovely bar. Good base for exploring San Francisco - ideally located within walking distance of tourists sites and restaurants. Friendly staff and good facilities.

Beautiful hotel in a good

As above

It’s not clear enough on the booking.com confirmation or price breakdown that you will pay extra for ‘complimentary Wifi, business room use and ‘free’ tea and coffee in reception, plus the hotel didn’t advise on check in either

overpriced, small room and hidden costs.
    • Preferred King Room

Very disappointing. Very small rooms with little or no hospitality. Had to ask for room beverage facility and told we would be charged for daily coffee refills. Extremely confusing daily and overall pricing system with no idea of final bill until checking out. Advertises free WiFi but you have to pay $28 to use it and have no choice.leaving and uncomfortable feeling of being ripped off.

Great location, great staff and lovely historical building.

The additional $28 per day for the WiFi came as a surprise. Yes they give you a $10 voucher as a rebate to be spent on food and drinks in the restaurant and bar downstairs. However, in this day and age, WiFi should be included in the price of the room.

Great location, great staff and lovely historical building. This hotel retains the vibe of a beautiful historical building with all the conveniences of a modern living.

Not up to standard
    • Preferred King Room

The bathroom was ancient... bathtub with curtain and the okdest tap I have seen in a long time! No space to store any prosucts in the bathroom nor to stand! I could barely move! Very very small!

Kingsize bed, beautiful bar, unfortunately their cocktails were not what I d expect from such a bar

Not the best place I've stayed but you may not find better in SF in this price range
    • Preferred King Room

Value is poor but relative to accom in SF probably not worse than other places. The room and carpets in the corridor are very tired, makes the place feel a bit stale.

The lobby is interesting. There was a concierge that was helpful

Good base for exploring the centre of San Francisco
    • Preferred Two Doubles

The decor is quite trendy, however some seats in our room were worn, I also noticed that the bathroom hadn't been cleaned correctly.

Near to the centre of San Francisco.

Browse The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel traveller photo gallery