Reviews of Clinton Inn Hotel 3 stars

145 Dean Drive, Tenafly, NJ 07670, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Tenafly

The guy on check in was very disinterested ! Didn’t explain how we should get to our room . We got out of the lift only to find we were met with a steep flight of stairs and with 3 suitcases in tow , it was impossible to make our way down . So I went back to reception , and on asking how I was supposed to access these steps with luggage, I was told....” oh you need to take the other lift!”. I said...” maybe it would have been a good idea to have told us that in the first place......but then you didn’t tell us anything!”. Not a good front man to meet guests I think.

There was s table in the hall that had dirty plates and dishes on it and for days house keeping didn’t clean it off. I know they cleaned the rooms but they just kept walking right by it. I really think that was not very hygienic. The halls and carpet put you in the mindset of the Shinning!

The room was nice, comfortable bed and there was a refrigerator in the room. But you had to go to the lobby to use the microwave.

Staff played a game indicating that issue would be resolved shortly, but it never was corrected.

Aircondioning on third floor was broken. Room temp as 90 degree plus. Fan was provided. A night from hell.

I requested a handicap accessible room and was told they could accommodate me. The room was not ready when we arrived. It was the furthest room away from the lobby, the toilet was not handicapped height, and there weren't any chairs that were handicapped height.

The shower accommodated my handicapped needs.

Elevator was broken and did not get fixed right away. Staff was not the friendliest but still was professional and not rude either. There is no breakfast included. Yes fridge but no microwave.

Location. Overall value. Plenty of parking. Boutique style. Bath and Body products.

• Double Queen Room

Air conditioning not working, furniture decrepit AND. TV sporadically on/offf every 4 seconds. Non operable.!!! Called front desk they told me my friends were not on the guest list So we met them in lobby What is up with that.

A little outdated. No safety box in the room.

If you are about to staying in Tenafly the Clinton Inn is in an excellent location. We stayed at the Clinton Inn 3 times. The rooms are vary large and clean. The staff are very polite and helpful. Ample car parking.

Hotel was clean & attractive. Staff was polite & professional. Restaurant on the site was good & had a varied menu. Price in restaurant was fair. Would recommend both hotel & restaurant.

No personal feel. They should drop the word INN from from their name. They're too expensive for what they are.

The room is fine. Really basic room. Bed is comfortable. I was expecting something more personal and with an inn feeling. It's not. Staff is super friendly but rooms are as generic as they come.

I didn’t like the old stale environment. IThere was not staff to help with luggage or anything else The TV didn’t work I finally got someone to come and help after several calls They closed the breakfast buffet early and they were cleaning the floors with cords running in the path of customers and didn’t stop to let people thru. None of the staff greated me or were pleasant. I almost had to beg to get any service. I would never stay here again!

Bartender

Fitness roomTVs difficult to use.

Very excellent and comfortable room/accommodations. Fitness Center very good, but not terrific. Helpful staff. Excellent location.

Eventhough we were update to a suite, the bed was uncomfortable, and like to have a little firmer pillows.

Easy check-in, and friendliness of desk personnel

There was nothing that we didn't like.

Very nice room. Bed was very comfortable. Room was warm even in this very cold weather. Don't know about the parking as we were dropped off and picked up by a relative.

The hallway carpet and room carpet drab and stained; the elevator needs a cleaning as well and smelled musty. The room was fine but could use updating but the staff and restaurant make up for it overall.

The Palmer Restaurant right on the first floor had a wonderful Christmas Day buffet; the ambiance lovely, the décor modern and clean, and the staff so professional and friendly.

• Double Queen Room

It was tricky controlling the temperature in the room. Our only choices were to use the heater which made the room uncomfortably hot, or turn it off which made the room very cold. Common areas such as the elevator can use an update as they seemed worn out.

The location was wonderful - the hotel was in downtown Tenafly and walking distance from a number of restaurants and all that downtown has to offer. The beds were very comfortable and parking was super-convenient.

Wish I could get a reasonably priced limo or bus from the Newark Airport. I drove a rental on a Friday evening in the dark and had a very difficult time negotiating the Segway to the turnpike!!

Love that I can get to Manhattan on a bus #166...right outside the hotel!!!

• Double Queen Room

Loud neighbors; on check in air conditioner and light did not work, had to call twice ( 4 hours later) for maintenance. Couldn’t find our second reservation at frondesk for 30 minutes.

Should be better way to get heavy luggage to lobby from back parking lot. Had to drag 50 lb. suitcase up short flight of stairs. No air vents in bathrooms :(

Location with regard to distance from Cresskill where I have family. On site small banquet room.

The room was very cold and we were told by maintenance that the system was down and being repaired. Came to meet prior inhabitants of our room and they were cold 2 weeks before. They lied and should have told us the heat didn't get turned on until Nov 1.

Convenience to purpose for visit.

• Double Queen Room

It wasn't clean environment.

Entire room, elevator and hallways carpet very dirty, also the room smelled like someone has smoked there. Entire room smelled like smoke.

• Double Queen Room

Many problems.The most serious, front desk gave keys to our room to others checking in. At 10 pm, 2 men entered our room! When I called the front desk to advise of this security breach, was told, "Mistakes happen, we're only human." Then received a call from front desk asking to verify the room number and how long the stay was! Other issues, light in entry way not working, no luggage rack in room - took 2 calls to get one, refrigerator froze the food placed there, requested a wake up call - not received, electronic room key stopped working. Not impressed. I spoke with the manager and he was concerned with the problems I brought to his attention. He said he would look into all the issues I raised and look to correct them. I can only hope that future guests will benefit from his review of procedures.

No breakfast - would be nice to have continental breakfast included with the price.

Was able to go for a jog around the nice neighborhood. I liked that it was close to the city.

• Double Queen Room

the carpet was stained in the room and the furnishings are a bit dated. But overall all was fine

Proximity to Englewood Hospital to see family member is excellent. Also the products in the bathroom are nice, I usually don't use the ones provided. Bath and Body Works Eucalyptus Mint

the bed linen were not change during my stay.

The bed was fluffy and comfortable. i have the convenience of wi-fi & small disguise refrigerator to place article that had buy. the bathroom was well equipped with towel,washcloth etc. Overall the accommodation was good.

We stayed at hotel in April 2016 and again on 7/24/17. The hotel is still in urgent need for renovation. I can overlook a worn, outdated, clean and functioning hotel. However, I can not overlook a worn, outdated, dirty and non functioning hotel while paying a $150 price tag. Cleanliness is an issue which needs to be addressed asap. Here are some observations: No greeting upon arrival. Elevators and bellcarts need attention and/or replacement. These are not good first impressions and raise questions about the quality of the rest of the stay. Stayed in room 330 and the a/c did not cool the room. Engineering came to check it out and apologized stating they were working on the chiller and no guarrantee it would be fixed that night. So we slept is a warm , uncomfortable room . Why was there no communication of this repair shared at check in or ,for that matter, at anytime? It is best to be pro active in such cases. Bathroom light is out and toilet seat needs replacing due to stains/scratches. Room service was very good. We left the tray outside the door @ 8 pm and found it the next morning.There were some bugs on the tray. Why are there no rounds by the night staff to pick up trays? I hope you find this feedback useful, however, it probably does not come as any surprise.

the air conditioner barley cools the room, but I was given a fan from the front desk, Hardly slept because it was hot. Beds were a bit uncomfortable. rooms could use an update

The old school customer service of an employee taking your bags from the car to your room and the room service

Bad service Hall full of cleaning people and cArts all over the place. Bellman was same person S check in so he couldn't come to help us.when he did come he brought them down but never got to loading them. They didn't see our reservation whe. We arrived. The people above us were jumping for 90 mi items I til I called from desk The elevTor didn't work all the time so we had to use the steps I would like my money back if you want us to use your service again. Thank you for your consideration .

• Double Queen Room

I have no negative comments.

The staff is excellent. Check in and check out are a pleasure. Very nice waiters and waitresses at the restaurant. Good maid service.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Had difficulty attaining hot water in the shower. It took a good 10 minutes before the hot water would flow. In fairness, it was a very cold day, but who wants to be fair when you are standing naked waiting for the ice cold water to turn warm!One of

Large, well appointed, comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Staff were standing around lobby talking to each other...it created an uninviting environment for guests

Perfect location for our purposes - festive yet low-key enviroment. We were greeted at the door on entry and appropriately sent off at departure.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Queen Room

I can't think of anything . The only thing was I could hear the people next door when tryin to get to sleep and I could hear the parties going on down stairs. The rooms are not very sound-proof. Truly I did enjoy the hotel very much.

I was attending a nursing school reunion and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful time. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. The food was delicious .

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Double Queen Room

The toilet blocked completely and I had to call twice to get someone to come fix it - by then it was too late, I had to leave. The heating fan was too loud. The sheets had a smell (I wasn't sure if it was someone else's body odor).

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

It was very noisy! You can hear doors slamming and people talking babies crying as if they were in your room. The toilet kept running after you flushed it. My husband fixed it.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double Queen Room

Hotel is old and tired. Many of the fixtures are worn out, water pressure is poor, and the tub stops are broken in every room, I stayed in multiple rooms over the past year.

This hotel has a historical charm, and the staff was excellent and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Queen Room

Service and staff attitude is professional yet cold. The front desk was understaffed, especially in the evening when they were receiving a group of tourists that had just unloaded from a tour bus. Price is a bit higher than area properties. I would have appreciated a breakfast-included option. Part of the building seems to have been added more recently - all floors are accessible by one elevator, but the older part of the building is less accessible as there is a set of stairs (4-5 steps) you need to climb to get to them.

A quiet, local property. NJ Transit buses and Coach USA express buses to Port Authority (NYC) stop right in front of the property and run frequently during morning hours (about 50 minutes to Midtown NYC). The property also runs a van shuttle service to local offices in and around Englewood Cliffs (Unilever, LG, etc). The bar and restaurant within, Palmer's Crossings, offers an extensive fare, albeit standard. Downtown Tenafly is easily accessible by foot, and I enjoyed spending time at the small mom and pop stores downtown. Appreciated the amenities from Bath and Body Works.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Queen Room

ni breakfast was included and no microwave. if you wanted to warm you had go to the first floor it would be better if microwave was in your room other hotel do

The staff very nice . room was nice and clean wih the had a microwave,

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double Queen Room

Friday night was so busy that the room service line was never answered. In the future it might be helpful to have a recorded message stating that fact and asking guests to come to the restaurant instead.

The bed was more than comfortable and the staff were more than willing to be helpful!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

What I hated about my experience was the checking in process. Even though I used Bookings.com to book my hotel, The Clinton Inn did not have a record of it. I had to spend 20 mins at the check in desk, the front desk asked for my payment card twice. This put me in a bad mood, especially after a long trip & staying up since 5am.

I liked that it was close to where my 2 day course was being held, it was very close to a church, & uber had great access.

• Double Queen Room

I would have liked Breakfast with the room but the Tenafly Dinner was pretty good.

Raisa at your Desk was most helpful when I was booking. You have a great staff.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Queen Room

Housekeeping staff is disorganized. Room was too hot and window could not be opened. Hotel is not good value for money.

Location of hotel is convenient. Staff at the reception is professional and efficient.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

First room, Airconditioning didn't work and sink was not clean. Second room was okay. No coffee in lobby in morning.

It was near relatives who we were visiting.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Room was run down Used to be much better ... New owner? Loud party with kids running all over the place without supervision. Managment did nothing to control it.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

My Bookings.com reservation had not been received by the hotel. The front desk honored the reservation and rate anyway just by me showing the conformation email on my phone.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The staff was very accommodating. We have stayed at this hotel for the last three years when we come to town to see the KIX Band at the Bergen Performing Arts Center. We really love this area!!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

modified my reservation and added an extra night to my stay. once I got there hotel had no knowledge of me booking extra night and had no room ready. Had called previously to let them know I would be checking in at midnight...waited 20 minutes for room, and that room was DIRTY and never cleaned from previous occupancy (turned down beds, towels on floor). Manager didn't know it was dirty, didn't know what rooms had been cleaned. We didn't get a room until 1am. Air conditioner barely worked in there. Would never never return

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Queen Room

Went through three rooms. One smelled like smoke, the next didn't have AC in August and the third reeked of mold and mildew. I was also treated with massive disrespect and got into an argument due to the rate I got through booking.com. DO NOT STAY HERE

The best part of the Clinton Inn was leaving

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

I arrived and was told I didn't have reservation. I felt like he was lying! He said there were no rooms. Then when I was going to pay more he said let him check. And there was an available room! Desk clerk was rude. I had to pay more money than I anticipated.

The bed was somewhat comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Carpeting needs to be replaced. Elevators needed vacuuming. No fan in bathroom, shower curtain leaked water all over floor and mold on bathroom ceiling.

Pillows were outstanding

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

I ordered shrimp for dinner. When it arrived it smelled and tasted rotten. When I sent it back, they brought me the same meal again. I guess they thought I wouldn't notice it still smelled and tasted bad. When the smell of your fish arrives at the table before the server, it's time to throw it away not cook it and server it to someone else. By the time I ordered a burger, my husband was long done with his dinner and had to just sit around waiting for me. The worst part was they didn't offer an oppology or even a second cup of tea to fill in the wait.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

We have stayed here for years because of family nearby. It has the market on hotels in the area! There are no others that close. We have stayed here for the last time.... Hard bed - cheap mattress cover! But the worst.... The person at the desk: Never said ," Thank you for staying with us... We appreciate your choosing the Clinton Inn..." not a word!!! Are you kidding? Take time to train your staff, Clinton Inn. Communication is vital .... speaking up, eye contact, understandable responses.... What a disappointment! We will go to the Marriott now at the entrance to the turnpike... It is not that far.... Shame on you, Clinton Inn....You will not have our business anymore.... We have put up with less than quality service for the last time.

Room service!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

The hotel is disgustingly filthy! The elevator had a carpet in it which was smelly and full of dust that you could actually see... We found hair on the bathroom floor. Our room was, obviously, not cleaned properly before we got it! The TV didn't work.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. We booked the place only for one night. Business trip. Checked in around midnight and checked out less than 10 hours latter.

Air conditioner wasn’t working and shower curtain needed to be repjaced

Room was vlean

Air con not working

Food and staff

Ate at a banquet

The room was VERY spacious and clean! Enough towels (even though I was traveling alone). And the coldest refrig ever!

na

Beds were very comfortable, room was clean upon arrival.

very kind staff

The stuff ! They were amazing! Perfect service!

2 hairs found in bathtub... it happens!

Room was spacious and clean. Great location tucked away from highways, yet still very close to major highways.

Quiet and Calm

Elevator is scary- it make noise and shakes. Also I wish we could get movies on demand.

Bed is great. Location is perfect.

• Double Queen Room

a little bit old hotel and have to be renewed. fitness centre a bit old as well.

Nice size room. Very clean. Great restaurant.

the front desk person, he was ultra rude

• Double Queen Room

Our dinner was very good, especially the brisket grilled cheese. The beds were quite comfortable.

The heater wasn't working, but the staff was great in coming quickly to fix it.

I did not like having a room directly next to the stairs. The wave toilet also was very difficult to use.

The room was very spacious and comfortable.

Front Desk staff were very helpful. The Bartender and staff were very helpful. 2 thumbs up 👍👍

Did not like coffee or tea was not available all night coffee station is needed

We arrived we were greeted by the front desk she was friendly smiled the room was beautiful the buffet breakfast was great staff was friendly

• Double Queen Room

There are no comments available for this review

No heated enough

Parking lot

• Double Queen Room

Clinton Inn is a lovely place to stay...We have been staying there for over 12 years. Just noticing some wear and tear that needs a little TLC

• Double Queen Room

Would liked to have dined there

Felt intimate