Reviews of Club Quarters Hotel in Houston 4 stars

720 Fannin Street, Downtown Houston, Houston, TX 77002, USA

#159 of 389 hotels in Houston

Great hotel. 4-5 blocks from Convention Center. Friendly and accomodating staff. Would stay again.
    • Small Queen Room

The TV kept freezing, but when I called, someone came to fix the problem immediately. Wish they had better wine and snacks for the Happy Hour.

The staff was exceptional and the rooms were clean. Very responsive and accommodating to my every need. Moula in particular, provided unmatched service, he was off for 2 days and upon his return called me to ensure that an issue I had with the TV while he was out was resolved. How nice is that? Super.

Filty, disgusting and stressful +.
    • Superior Queen Room

Because of conditions of rooms I requested change and was moved three times and was put in a fourth room which had to be cleaned. The third room's sofa bed when opened had filty sheets, appeared to have a large, large area of "blood" on it. After that, I was totally uncomfortable with staying there and did not lie down there. Staff insisted I pay for a night; no, I do not owe them a thing. Now in dispute. I missed a day of my conference finding other accommodations and moving.

One staff person was very helpful in trying to resolve problems regarding accommodations.

Free water and snacks along with happy hour.
    • Two-Room Suite

Every morning I had a complaint and sometimes it took two mornings to get it completed. The TV kept freezing up or not turning on properly. Although there were two people staying in the room they only gave us one washcloth so every day I had to ask for another cloth and or some towels. Also the sleeper sofa was horrible very uncomfortable and although they made promises to try to do something they never did and never came back to me today apologize. Light bulb in the bathroom and in the kitchen area needed to be replaced. It took 2 days for that to happen. The picture of the room on the website did not match the the actual room. The actual room is much older than it appears on the website.

Free water and snacks along with happy hour. The person who checked us in was great. It was a great location to where we had to be at the convention center.

Good location. Not up to par with other Club Quarters hotels I have stayed at.

Smell and noise.

I have stayed over 30 nights in the last year at hotels on personal travel - more if you include business. This was by far the most disappointing stay I have had in 3 years traveling internationally and in spite of having a prepaid a nonrefundable 3 nights stay - we left after one night. We changed from one room to another - but were not satisfied.

CQ Stay!
    • One-Room Suite with Kitchenette

Not enough mirrors and lighting for women. Housekeeping did not pay attention to details when cleaning.

The location, friendliness of the staff, and their willingness to make you comfortable.

Security was very good;
    • Superior Queen Room

I didn't get the room I was promised, had to pay to upgrade; I had to continue to request standard items such as towels & toiletries for my room.

Security was very good; Hotel valet staff very courteous. Mr Moulah was extremely helpful.

Will never saty here again!
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms were very small and dated, they said they just remodeled, but the must have taken a page from the 80's, the room was dirty and floors were stained. I added photos on Yelp.

Had probably the worst and unorganized staff of any hotel I've stayed at in Houston. This was my first visit there and was very disappointed and don't know how they have the rating they do.

Location is convenient to local restaurants, George R.
    • Small Queen Room

I checked in to the Club Quarters Hotel in Houston on Sunday July 8. When I arrived in my room, I noticed that my bathroom was not clean. I called the front desk to let them know that my room was not cleaned thoroughly. The bathtub/shower was dirty and hair in the sink. The young lady informed me that she will send someone up right away. Two hours had past and no one had come. Before I had left for the evening, I spoke with Dale (manager on duty) and he said he would speak with the cleaning supervisor and make sure it gets taken care of. I return to my room later that evening to discover that the room had not been re-clean as I requested. I spoke with Dale again about the unclean bathroom in which he respond with an attitude saying that the cleaning supervisor told him that it was already cleaned and that he inspected it and it “looked clean”. I told Dale that that was not what I requested and the bathroom was not done properly. It didn’t look like anyone had touched the bathroom. He then flippantly says to me “what do you want me to do?” I told him that I simply wanted the bathroom cleaned properly as I had requested. He then tells me that the cleaning crew has left for the night and in a dismissive tone says to me “I don’t clean rooms!” I could not believe that I was having a conversation about dirty bathroom. I didn’t think it was too much to ask to have a clean room. I later asked to be moved to a different room. As a visiting customer I should not have to deal with that and worry if the cleaning staff of the hotel are actually performing their jobs. I was very dissatisfied with my experience to the point that I most likely will not stay again at this hotel ever again. Dale didn’t even attempt to make the situation right nor did he apologize for the inconvenience. Dale made me feel like I was inconveniencing him and I simply wanted him to complete the task of making sure the job gets done and he failed.

Location is convenient to local restaurants, George R. Brown convention center and Minute Maid Ballpark

Very clean, very nice.
    • Small Queen Room

Valet parking was a headache. I was estimated a 20 minute wait time for my vehicle. 45 minutes later I finally received my vehicle!

Very clean, very nice.

First time at Club Quarters...Won't Hesitate to Book Again!
    • Standard Queen Room

Maybe it was my room, but I found the walls a bit thin. I could hear a lot of traffic in the hall. And the banging often of a door, maybe service rooms.

The beds were comfortable. The rooms appointed well and a good size. There is a restaurant on site which serves a very good breakfast. Room Service is available only in the evenings. My raves go to the staff which were very knowledgeable and went above and beyond to help out the guests. Loved the free wine happy hour!

The staff are always friendly.
    • Small Queen Room

There was an odor on my floor. Staff placed blower fans in the hallway later that night. I also had a problem with my television remote. The television shut off, and the remote did not respond.

The staff are always friendly. The lobby, and business center are always bright and clean. Love the coffee machine. The location is great.

Convenient, comfortable and good public transport accessibility (with 3-day transport pass).
    • Small Queen Room

Compact but comfortable room. Office facilities included access to computer and printer. Happy hour with free wine-tasting. Located downtown, and was better once we found Discovery Green and excellent gourmet food locations. Good public transport system (light rail and bus). Excellent fine art gallery.

Location, smple space at lounge lobby, complimentary coffee...
    • Small Queen Room

Location, smple space at lounge lobby, complimentary coffee etc Convenient Drinking Water facility with bottle at floor level Friendly & helpful front office staff

The room A/C vent was facing directly to the bed and the...
    • Small Queen Room

The room A/C vent was facing directly to the bed and the vent was full of mold I asked the front desk staff to clean it repeatedly. This is not only NASTY but a potential cause of illness and lawsuit.

I would definitely come back!
    • Superior Queen Room

There was a lot of hair from previous occupant in the restroom floor. The nozzle from the kitchen sink was broken.

It is in a great location in downtown, walking distance to the minute maid park! Can't beat the price! Affordable!

Amazing valet staff.
    • Small Queen Room

I would have liked a small store that sold basic supplies and snacks.

Amazing valet staff. Always friendly, always willing to give directions and suggestions.

Excellent.
    • One-Room Suite with Kitchenette

The decor of the rooms and suites is a little tired but was clean, comfortable and satisfactory for the price.

The location was great, staff very pleasant and helpful. A very nice feature in the lounge area was a sideboard which was provided with a coffee machine and snack dispensers for peanuts etc for guests to help themselves to. ( I was so enamoured by a beautiful glass sculpture/ ornament too, that caught my attention as soon as we walked into the lounge area.) Refillable water bottles and filtered water provided in the hallways was an excellent service too. The bonus of having a bath and shower combination was great and also providing a laundry downstairs to catch up on washing, made it a perfect choice for us.

a great introduction to Houston
    • Small Queen Room

towels too small better to have bath sheets for the larger person

a great boutique hotel.down town all the services you'd expect and more. metro just a couple of mins walk

Best value in Downtown Houston!
    • Standard Queen Room

This is our go-to place in Downtown Houston when we come in for a sporting event or a concert. An easy walk anywhere & we LOVE the attached Table 7 Bistro...

Loved that you could walk to the baseball game. It’s really that close.
    • Small Queen Room

There honestly wasn’t anything to dislike. It’s just a cool place. If I had to look really hard I’d say I didn’t really like to have to pay $32 a day to park at the hotel BUT the valet service was excellent. Great young men....every one of them.

Comfy beds. Cool atmosphere. Great staff. Good snacks and soda anytime.

The location is great!
    • Small Queen Room

The bed is terrible, they only give you 2 pillows, and you can't even fully open the toilet lid because the counter blocks it.

The location is great!

Great weekend
    • Small Queen Room

Bottles water station weren't re stalk and i Had to did drink from d sink..

I enjoy having dinner at d bar d food was better then what i expecting ..

Nice hotel in the downtown Houston
    • Small Queen Room

Room was a bit on the small side. TV sometimes hangs and has to be restarted. Directly below my window, there was a tram line with trams going every few minutes and making atrocious bell and horn sounds.

Friendly staff and speedy check-in process. Bathroom is of adequate size. New toiletries provided daily. TV has a lot of network channels. Hotel is in downtown houston, a lot of public transport is reachable by foot.

A boutique hotel, with wonderful service in a great location in downtown Houston.
    • Small Queen Room

My only issue, and this is minor, is that I am a tea drinker, and while there are coffee options, I never figured out how to get a cup of tea. The water coming out of the Keurig in my room didn’t taste good enough for tea.

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the Convention Center. When I booked it, not knowing Houston, I was worried about the location, but it was an easy 10 minute walk from there to the Convention Center. My room was one of the smallest rooms that they offer, but it was perfect for me, with a desk, a comfortable bed, really all you need. The staff is very attentive and they have coffee available and filtered water machines in the hall. At 5:00 they serve complimentary wine and snacks in the lobby, which is full of comfortable furniture. It was easy to strike up conversations with fellow travelers. I was so happy that I chose to stay here.

Hotel provide free water in every floor and some drinks in...
    • Small Queen Room

I suggest to provide body wash in the bathroom instead of some soap.

Hotel provide free water in every floor and some drinks in the lobby. Also there's a restaurant inside the hotel, which is very convenient. Staff are nice.

Pleasant Houston Stay
    • Small Queen Room

Wasabi Sweets ??? , That was a wake up call ha-ha !!.

Overall nice place to stay, pleasant surroundings , clean room , good toiletries nice staff . Good bar and breakfast room

One of the best hotel beds ever!
    • Small Queen Room

The bed was right next to the door so I heard everything in the hallway. My room was also right by the elevator which was a little noisy, but not that bad.

One of the best hotel beds ever!! I got the basic Club room and the bed was great, TV was huge, and had great AC.

Customer Satisfaction & Upgrades
    • Superior Queen Room

Not much to say on not like

I like that the staff is friendly, the beds are cozy, and they're constantly making upgrades to their services provided. Customer satisfaction is a goal at CQ.

Very pleased with overall experience

Pillows

Went to a baseball game and location was a short walk to minute maid and lots of restaurants around to eat and drink. Our room was clean and neat, front desk people were very helpful.

Great place at a great location!
    • Small Queen Room

I loved that there was free wi-fi everywhere and the services were great: computer area with printing opportunity, snacks, fruits and water for free. Great place at a great location!

Room was pretty good.
    • Small Queen Room

The bathroom counter was in the way of the toilet seat being able to be lifted up all the way. It needed to rest on your back to use the bathroom....

Room was pretty good. It was our first time in Houston so the location wasn't the best for going out and about but we didn't know that.

The staff was super polite and friendly. My stay has been average.
    • Standard Queen Room

Fruit flys around the fruit @ the coffee bar in the lounge. My laptop power cord went missing out of my hotel room. The bottled water stations were empty in the evening hours and so we could not get bottled water. The soda cooler in the lobby was always empty in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoons. The food in the Bistro was not up to par. I ordered a breakfast for my daughter and I and it was horrible. The eggs and potatoes were so dry I couldn't put enough ketchup on them to eat them. The fruit on the waffle was absolutely not ripe and had no flavor. I was very disappointed and so did not bother to order from there again.

The bedding and the pillows were the bomb.com. Beds were super comfy and the rooms were clean upon arrival. The staff was excellent all the way around minus my power cord to my laptop going missing. :( Free wine @ 5 as promised is an excellent perk to the duration of your stay. The Guest Member Services rep, Lisa W. has been very excellent in assisting with our transitioning after Hurricane Harvey (yes still!). We are looking forward to being in downtown Houston near work and all of the wonderful opportunities to socialize and spread our wings.

Clean prime location for Minute Maid park and local restaurants and night life.
    • Small Queen Room

There is construction happening on the block. I had to move rooms cause of the elevator noise in the first. Great experience over all!

Great location. Staff was very friendly. Room was comfy.

Small room, in great location.
    • Small Queen Room

The room was super small, it was hard to get around the bed and not enough room for two suitcases.

Was a great central location, you could easily walk to everything and appreciate the inner city.

The lobby is beautiful.
    • Small Queen Room

I don't think its fair having to pay for parking. The Hotel should provide its own parking.

The lobby is beautiful. I also enjoyed the 5 o'clock snack time.

Would stay again and highly recommend.
    • Small Queen Room

My toilet ran all night, but that was just because the handle was stuck.

Check in staff, happy hour staff & checkout staff all very pleasant, professional & helpful.

Robotics rocks!
    • Superior Queen Room

There was a lot of construction near the hotel and getting in and out of our vehicle was challenging at times. Lots of traffic, although not the fault of the hotel.

Convenience

Not anything like it used to be.
    • Standard Queen Room

No breakfast was offered. The "Bistro" that was in the hotel but was "managed by a third party" was not open on time and had poor service. The parking was outrageous at $32/night. The lobby has almost no amenities and no comfortable conversation areas. One of the managers was clearly not trained in hospitality or communication skills. I have stayed at this property twice before and was completely satisfied, but there has been a change of management and the experience has gone downhill to the point that I will not be back.

The location downtown was good, but the construction next door was annoying. The rooms are small, but comfortable. The beds are good with nice linens and pillows. The room price is right for a downtown location.

I will be back!!! Walking to Minute Maid park is great!!!!
    • Small Queen Room

I will remember to get a room higher up with a view out my window-----even though where I was made for a DARK, relaxing sleep later than I am used to!!!!

The bed (& pillow) was like a cloud, the a/c made room VERY comfortable, and the massage style shower head with GREAT pressure made for an EXCELLENT Stay!!!!!

I like the fact that it was in the middle of everything...
    • One-Room Suite with Kitchenette

I did not like that booking did not advise of the $50 per day deposit. Our fee online stated it would be $539 with taxes and all other associated fees, but was told when we got there we would need to have over $700 on a card to check in. Luckily the lady we checked in with was courteous and helped us out.

I like the fact that it was in the middle of everything downtown.

Location was central to all metro trains.
    • Standard Queen Room

No deficits noted. Free breakfast is not offered but that is not a priority for us.

Location was central to all metro trains. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and recently renovated. The room had a fridge, microwave , coffee maker, large wall mounted HD TV, and adequate outlets, USB chargers. Staff were courteous, and check in was easy and quick. Expensive valet parking can be avoided by using close-by parking garage.We stayed on a weekend when downtown traffic was light, so getting to and from the hotel by car was no problem.

Bring a Bio-Hazard suite
    • Superior Queen Room

The fitting if dirty, soiled bed sheets to the bed by the "cleaning staff" was the breaking point to a hotel with limited facilities, no senior manger to communicate with.

Smart downtown hotel. Expensive parking.
    • Small Queen Room

It was a very nasty shock to find that the hotel's parking is valet-only and costs a heavy $32 (+ tax) per day (quaintly described on the in-room information sheet as a "nominal charge" - hah!). This changed the hotel from being good value to only borderline OK.

The room seemed very new and was exceptionally clean and tidy. There was a good coffee machine in the room and the WiFi worked well. I was impressed that the hotel offered chilled drinking water stations on each floor and a free laundrette, including washing powder!

Great centre hotel
    • Small Queen Room

Bed was too soft anf toilet wouldn't flush but they offered to move us to another room and fixed the toilet straight away.

Nice hotel. Very clean, smart tv in room. Good wifi. Really good location right in the city centre. I would recommend.

It was a great stay
    • Superior Queen Room

bathroom wasn't cleaned very well and towels were not frequently changed

I love the location and availability of public transportation from there. Loved that they provided complimentary drinks every day for an hour

The hotel is great for that money the happy hour 5-6 is...

Everything I liked

The hotel is great for that money the happy hour 5-6 is excellent and very friendly staff ( all of them) the lady who did the happy hour Tuesday I don’t know her name she is from Dallas I have been told she is amazing so friendly, can I give her a extra Kompliment, so this people made my time so comfortable and special, thanks again

• Standard Queen Room

All the extra fees that is not mentioned. The resort fee/ and the make you pay for valet parking. Total an extra $85 between the two

Location is great

Great hotel in Downtown Houston
    • Superior Queen Room

Small shower; the trams on the street outside tooted their horns a lot

Loved the free chilled purified water (and bottles) on each floor. The free coffee and fruit/snacks downstairs. Netflix on the tv. Quick self check-in and out. Good sized fridge. Cutlery and plates/bowls in room. Close to some good bars and restaurants

Good hotel overall for the price, but the room was disappointing.
    • Small Queen Room

The TV signal in my room was awful -- it would just pause for minutes at a time almost like a computer does when the video is buffering. I turned the room fan on for white noise at night only to be awoken by it in the middle of the first night of my stay because it sounded like someone was breathing really loudly in my room -- super creepy fan.

The fitness center was nice (including a new-looking Peloton spin bike). A recumbent stationary bike wasn't working during my stay, but the other machines seemed to operate well. The location is great, and there's a bus stop almost right next to the hotel that I rode to the airport for $1.25 (or $3 for a day pass). It's also close to a grocery store (Phoenicia or something like that) where I bought my customary Blue Bell ice cream that I get every time I visit Texas (along with some other more practical food products).

Overall the staff do a great job of going out of their way...
    • Superior Queen Room

Some of the room's need to be updated

Overall the staff do a great job of going out of their way to make sure your stay is safe, comfortable and positive.

Excellent location in downtown Houston.
    • Standard Queen Room

I could have done without Fox News on the big screen in the lobby area 24/7. Some parts of the common areas and room are starting to show their age.

Excellent location in downtown Houston. Room was comfortable with everything I needed.

The location close to the Convention Center and lovely area...
    • Superior Queen Room

That I did not have sufficient time to explore the fitness center!

The location close to the Convention Center and lovely area to walk near Discovery Green. I also loved the comfortable mattress and pillows! And the decor in the community living room was most inviting and a good place to meet friends. It was also a treat to find a yoga mat in the room so that I could do not my morning stretching exercises.

Good value, comfortable and clean
    • Small Queen Room

The restaurant at the hotel was comically bad. The staff was confused, the only waitress disappeared for a while, and the food was no more than just edible.

The location was great, the complimentary snacks in the lobby were a nice touch, the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was helpful and the lobby was staffed 24/7.

I do like that they have wine tasting even though I have not...
    • One-Room Suite with Kitchenette

This is not my first time staying at the hotel. This time during my visit, I decided not to valet my car as I had already arrangments to park my car at a separate location. When I pulled up to the hotel, I was greated by the valet. I explained to them that i was checking in, that I would not pack mt car in valet. He then responded very angrily could I move my car. I told him I jist need to get my bags. Very rudly, he responded and told me that cars can not be left there. I told him I just wanted to place my bags in the room. After that, the contacts I had with thr valet were not pleasant. When getting the bags out the car, no one held the door for me nor was I asked did I need help with my bags. I passed 6 people that worked there and no one asked me if I needed help even though it was clear that I was struggling with my bags. Finally when i made it to the elevator someone asked me if I needed help. At that point, I was just frustrated and told them no. Customers should not be treated differently for not wanting to park their car at the hotel.

I do like that they have wine tasting even though I have not participated in it. The hotel was in the center of everything we had planned to do during our trip which made things easy to access.

The hotel worked for the purpose I was in Houston. I prefer more interaction with hotel staff inste
    • Small Queen Room

Everything done by computer kiosk.. very lil interaction with humans. 👎🏼 That may be good for hotel bottom line - not good for interaction and hospitality . Fire alarm went off after midnight with virtually NO explanation 😡

Quick Trip to Houston
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms are small; which was fine for my husband and I but would be difficult if you were traveling with more people or for a longer period of time. In addition, the fire alarm went off around midnight. That wasn’t a huge deal in and of itself, but the staff continued to work and didn’t notify people or provide information about when we could return to our rooms. It seemed like the alarms get set off a lot, but it would have been nice to have some more information.

The location is great - heart of downtown. The facilities are nice and they take care to make sure the guests feel welcome.

Cheep, but at a cost.
    • Small Queen Room

The sink in the bathroom had the worst smell coming from the drain. We resorted to using the sink in the kitchenette. The water quality also stunk.

The lobby has no head desk, just a kiosk with a guy standing next to it. Most of the times we passed there he was gone. Nowhere to be found.

Brittany at the guest service desk was AMAZING!

Valet service/location of check-in and pick-up. Lots of construction. We had to take up a lane on the road to check-in. Those guys need more space to work with! Jung was doing the best he could to coordinate the efforts, though! They were all friendly and helpful!

Brittany at the guest service desk was AMAZING!!!!

A lovely boutique hotel with great ambience but if you wish to eat, go elsewhere.
    • Standard Queen Room

Poor restaurant with mostly inexperienced staff and a DOG sitting in there while we were having breakfast. A sports bar with TV is not ideal as a hotel restaurant.

Great free drinks between 5 and 6. Eager staff.

Upon arrival a group of 4 employees were gathered around.
    • Standard Queen Room

Upon arrival a group of 4 employees were gathered around. No one greeted until we asked where we went to check-in. The AC in our room didn’t work. They did bring us a fan. The room was very small. Pictured is the “view” of the neighboring building. An alarm was activated at 12:15am. We had to go to the lobby with the other guests. No employee ever told us what was happening. We waited in the lobby for some time until people got sick of waiting and began drifting back to their rooms. Valet was very slow. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Small Queen Room

The hotel room was not what it looked like when looked at online. Much smaller than pictured. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and angled downwards on the sides. The only option for parking was $32 a night! Also no breakfast?

There for business and then pleasure. Hotel served its purpose
    • Small Queen Room

TV did not work and safe missing from room. Had to move room after unpacking all my stuff Bedroom corridor carpet had discarded bottle cap and paper on it for 2 days. Staff were helpfull in finding me a room with no problems

Complimentary wine at 5,00pm though you have people from the street that come in and help themselves

Nice for a night or two.
    • Small Queen Room

Small details such as a stain on the shower curtain and the layer of dust on the lamps and surfaces. For just a night stay the small room didnt bother me, but if i had stayed multiple nights it would've eventually.

The atmosphere and furnishing was elegant and welcoming.

Was not worth the hype of Downtown Houston.
    • Small Queen Room

Cons: 1. Check in experience (GSR seemed more annoyed than friendly) 2. Lack of area knowledge by employees (could not get any recommendations for restaurants, bars or directions. 3. Television kept freezing up and would have to be disconnected from wall to shut off. 4. Cordless phone did not hold a charge, had to use courtesy phone in hallway to get hold of customer services. 5. Dirty shower, grout of tile looked very rough. 6. When reservation was made, one bed was requested, and recieved two twins. 7. Ran into at least three employees in Lobby and hall ways and there no greetings. 8. Check out experience (I had to go and pull cash out to pay for valet parking, because GSR could not get two different cards to go through, both cards were used for lunch and dinner and went through fine. In addition, I was not given a receipt. These are a few of the problems we experienced at your hotel. I would expect way more from a hotel located in downtown Houston.

Pros - valet parking

good price in downtown houston, fairly close to convention...
    • Small Queen Room

Towels were very scratchy, not soft at all. construction at the front door made it difficult to get in to hotel.

good price in downtown houston, fairly close to convention center where we were going

The hotel quality and location exceeded my expectations.
    • Small Queen Room

I looked for a front desk upon checking in. But, then I realized that the setup of the front desk was completely different from what I am used to. Perhaps, a sign indicating the checking in area would be helpful.

I like the filtered water dispenser on my floor. I also liked the variety of healthy snacks available in the lobby. Also, there were more than enough towels in the bathroom. And the bathroom supplies were more than enough(hand soap, body soap, gel rinse, gel shampoo, gel soap).

Great downtown location with ultra accommodating staff!
    • Standard Queen Room

The beds are very uncomfortable. That is really my only issue.

Super friendly staff and facility was very clean and convenient to the event we were attending.

Great location, clean, & wonderful staff!
    • Small Queen Room

We stayed in a queen small. It was on the smaller side but accommodated our needs. No shuttle for transport to airport.

Location was amazing! We were able to walk to Minute Maid Park for the game w/easy. Main street has multiple restaurants and bars. Discovery Green Park is in walking distance from the hotel. The staff was wonderful. They even accommodated my request for room service for breakfast to surprise my boyfriend. They have a coffee/expresso machine in the lobby, with soda, water, snacks and fruit out all the time!

The ketchup was the only thing that tasted decent.
    • Small Queen Room

The restaurant was absolutely terrible! I had the Migas dish and it tasted like it was made using old burnt oil. Also, it wasn’t migas. It was basically scrambled eggs with cheese and tortilla strips.

The ketchup was the only thing that tasted decent. I appreciated having the distilled water on each floor. Great idea!

Comfortable room, nice staff and extras such as free Pepsi...
    • Standard Queen Room

Hotel wasn’t close to much. Only Minute Maid Park. I don’t think it was central for our needs on this particular trip.

Comfortable room, nice staff and extras such as free Pepsi max and m&ms in the lobby. There was also a wine happy hour at 5pm.

Falls short of luxury.
    • Small Queen Room

The lamp was out by my bed, my TV wasn’t working, the room had an overall grimy feel to it complete with smudges on the walls and furniture. The hotel staff I checked in with was brusque and slightly condescending as I asked for help with their check in station.

The pillows were comfortable, and the kitchennette with the Keurig was convenient. The room layout and features were excellent in theory. I enjoyed the snack bar downstairs and the bottled water stations (although the bottled water stations were covered with hard water deposits).

Good value for your money.
    • Small Queen Room

Directions for parking. I highly recommend their valet parking, but getting to the drop off place is confusing due to the one way streets in downtown Houston. A map or more specific directions would help.

I use CQ when I am in town for concerts or shows in Houston's Theatre District. Their location provides easy access by foot or a $6.00 cab ride to the main venues for these events.

Everything I needed, in a great location.

that I left

Everything I needed, in a great location. The ballpark is just down the street. Bars and restaurants nearby. Plus, plenty of washers and dryers in the LL.

Nice place but very turned off by the noxious gas smell in our room.
    • Small Queen Room

Our room starts smelling of gas at 11:15pm. We had to call the desk and they sent someone up to check out the hallway (not the room). We found the lady (security) in the hall an she said she did not smell gas. Then we brought her into the room and she said it definitely smelled of gas and they have had the problem before. We had to get out of bed and pack our bags and move to another floor. That was all inconvenient and very concerning. We were never contacted by a manager with the slightest apology or offer of a free coffee of anything.

Friendly staff, tasteful art, nice lobby.

Room was fair,; upon our arrival, found a cotton tip applicator on the BR floor
    • Standard Queen Room

Valet was unable to park our extended bed truck. We had to use unsecured public parking for overnight. We were startled by a suspicious man standing wearing sunglasses in the basement where vending machines were located. We wondered why he was there alone

Browse Club Quarters Hotel in Houston traveller photo gallery