Reviews of Hotel Colonnade Coral Gables, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

180 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables, Miami, FL 33134, United States of America

#55 of 213 hotels in Miami

5.1

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

My friend's son's wedding.
    • Aragon King Room

The food. The breakfast server was one step above rude!!!

My friend's son's wedding. The venue was absolutely beautiful!! Alot of hard work n planning went into this.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

My stay at this hotel was great.
    • Queen Room

The AC was very cold in the common area. Rooms did not have enough storage for a Family of five. I did not understand the shower, no tub and when you took a shower water from the shower went everywhere.

Loved the hotel decoration, the location and how nice the staff was.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Excellent! Customer satisfaction appears Job #1 at this hotel.
    • Aragon King Room

Our first room had mold on the AC vent but we were quickly, and without hesitation, moved to another room ...which I thought was an excellent staff response to a guest reported problem.

An excellent historic yet contemporary / modern hotel. Super friendly and helpful staff, excellent accommodations, pool with city view, convenient breakfast bar, very comfortable bed. Special compliments to Dylan, Paulina and Juaquin, staff who were especially helpful during our stay.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Its a shame that these little things put a damper on this beautiful hotel.
    • King Room with Balcony

First night we got there the bar tender inside the hotel would not serve my husband because he was intoxicated. Yeah, we’re at a bar! So he insulted him, then felt bad about it, apologized then gave him the strongest rum & coke, ever! Like he was making up for his mistake. Even the blonde bar tender next to him was rolling her eyes. Next morning at the pool I ordered a mimosa, they don’t have those. But you have champagne & oj on the menu & you can’t make it? OK, so I asked for just champagne, never came. Last, Saturday morning at aragon cafe the 2 people working were in lala land. Had to ask to get check 2xs, waited 20 mins. no go. My husband even walked back to the kitchen to get someone and he just said ok, ok. Still the other lady never came, all they had to do was charge to our room and we sign. But they couldn’t even do that. We had to leave to get ready for a wedding and just ended up yelling out our room number as we left. Mold on the ac vent should really be cleaned more often.

The hotel is beautiful! Room was nice and the restaurant House Kitchen was awesome! Everyone at the front desk was excellent!

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

hotel in coral gables
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is in the building next door and is not interconnected with the hotel - it takes some time to get to the hotel room (or you can use more expensive valet) - a bit complicated with a child. The hotel is huge - different stairways, lifts...and very long corridors. When we arrived, the room did not seem to be cleaned...a lot of dust in the corners, under the bed, even the pillow covers were dirty, so we asked for the new ones. The next day when they cleaned the room,we could see the difference...They did not refill the shower gel for 4 days in a row so we had to use our own shower gel...a shame. We got 3 towels for 4 people in the room...

good location of the hotel, nice view from the corner room, very spacious room (with 2 queen size beds) and bathroom, nice pool

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Great location and new comfortable rooms!
    • Aragon King Room

There is no free WIFI in the rooms.

We loved the facilities, the rooms where very spacious, clean, organized and modern. They had enough outlets to connect our computers, cell phones, etc. The staff was always very attentive and supportive. We for sure will be back to the Colonnade.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Fine
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tissue paper dispenser was empty and never refilled, refrigerator was never cold, and I didn't like the fact that shampoo/soap etc are bolted to the wall like a prison bathroom. When the pumps fail you're stuck with nothing.

Decor was nice, having the sitting area was great, and A/C was very responsive.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Great hotel at a great location

Parking was expensive

Breakfast was well organized, location was perfect. Staff was friendly and helpfull. The hotel is situated in a somewhat historical building in a friendly and interesting neighbourhood

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Great location, modern decor with a fun games room. No free WiFi unless you’re an SPG member.
    • Aragon King Room

WiFi is not free unless you are an SPG member. I found that frustrating.

Bed was super comfy. Refurbishment that has taken place has transformed the hotel. Modern decor and a fun games room.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Location, grandeur of lobby, reception staff, downstairs bed...
    • Family Loft

Breakfast room attendant rather abrupt and surly. Upstairs sofa bed was like sleeping on a bed of nails - very uncomfortable. No blanket for top bunk. Dislike barn door on downstairs bath - No Privacy!

Location, grandeur of lobby, reception staff, downstairs bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Good hotel but unfortunatemy trying to cheat you into extra gratuities
    • Colonnade King Room

I don’t like getting a bill in the breakfast cafe with a gratuity disguised as a cafe tax!! and below “gratuity” instead of “extra gratuity”. Trying to rip off hotel guests is not what you expect or accept in a luxury hotel.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Horrible. I be
    • Executive Loft

Not much the staff ( Ruth) was disorganized and provider wrong information to all questions we had. The hotel was able to accommodate us for the week and we were forced to check out and check-multiple times which just put stress on our vacation.

Not much!

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

great family double level room.
    • Queen Room

Would have been nice to have drinks service at the pool. Slightly frustrating having the second floor lobby

great family double level room. Helpful front desk, good breakfast. Free bikes. Good location

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

This places was horrible and I will never come back. I want a refund!
    • Queen Room

1. The first night we got there they gave us a room that can barely fit 4 people. We were 5 and that is including a little girl. You not only see this with you EYES but also on paper. Give us a room that meets what we ordered! I mean we complained and they still didn't do anything. We had to call booking.com 2. The cleaning people are super lazy. We had a bunk bed in the room that they gave us on the second night because we complained to booking.com (thanks booking)... this top bunk was not cleaned at all! I mean the sheets, the pillow, and the blanket were just as we left them that morning. 3. The breakfast they gave was gross! 4. There was not free wifi 5. The pool was cold and deep! I mean what kind of hotel does't think about the kids 6. The distances mentioned on the page have obviously not been updated in awhile. It takes much longer to get to some of these places. For example it takes at least 12 miles to get to Lincoln road NOT 8.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Not worth the money and not worthy of 4 stars!
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

Valet staff had zero knowledge, the room was so dusty and was not cleaned under bed or in corners, lots of dust bunnies. The light options in the room were awkward and sooooo many cables everywhere. The breakfast was slow, under staffed and not very appetizing. Hallways were so noisy as cleaning staff constantly chatting to each other and blocking the halls.

The room layout and furnishings were ok. The location is good. The ballrooms looked nice. Front desk staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

great hotel... great (bell) staff to greet you and help you with info.! lovely hotel -loved it.
    • King Room with Balcony

House wasn't open for breakfast two days so we had trouble finding somewhere local to go. (Starbucks is not breakfast to me).

in house - the breakfast buffet was very good... the pillows, duvet and sheets were amazing! (where can I purchase ?) beautiful place - we enjoyed going to the museums - Vizcaya in Miami and the Biltmore Hotel (historical society tour)... we also went to Coral Cables Museum and Books&Books and the show (across the street with not mainstream movies)- great resources and a lot of activities for active retirees like us. we went to Morton's for dinner once, (there on the grounds) and House /bar and restaurant several times.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Next time I will rather go through Hotel website than Booking.com system
    • Family Loft

Very bad communication between Booking.com and the Hotel systems (the number of people on the reservation did not showed up correctly, thus preventing Colonnades hotel to prepare the room thoroughly and including the right amount of breakfasts)

Very good breakfast. Although there was a very bad communication between Booking.com and the Hotel systems (the number of people did not showed up correctly, thus preventing Colonnades hotel to prepare the room thoroughly and including the right amount of breakfasts), the staff did their best to correct this mishap. Apparently they could do nothing about the breakfast, we finally had to pay for.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Nice room and great location!
    • Colonnade King Room

Very confusing access to the hotel, you walk a very long way to your room if it is in the other side, so if you have locomotion problems ask for a room closer to the elevators. Also many parties (there are many ballrooms) with loud music. Very expensive car parking USD 30 a day and when you access the wi-fi in your room it charges you even though they didn't at the check-out, so it was a little bit confusing.

The hotel is nice with a new decoration. The bad was very good, and the towels bigger than usual American hotels)

• Reviewed: January 20, 2018

It was a wonderful experience all in all.
    • Queen Room

The sound isolation wasn't good enough. My room was connected to another room right next to me, and I can hear the man next door talking on phone the whole time. I wish there was better sound isolation to protect our privacy and quietness.

It's a very interesting building, with excellent facilities. The game room is a wonderful place to kill time. The art presented in the room and hallway are great and unique. I wish I had spent more time here.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

• Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing , every thing is really amazing

The receptionists and concierges are so friendly and extremely cooperative. Those people are really respectful. If you ask me my prospective, I am going to say immediately yes try this hotel one, you will never regret . I highly recommend for everyone who wants unique stay and so nice trip to live at this astonishing hotel. .Supreme breakfast with excellent service

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Gorgeous hotel, great location, very friendly staff.
    • Colonnade King Room

First room was terrible. Bed was lumpy. Coffee maker never cleaned and my first shower took 20 minutes before we had hot water. Management came to the room the next morning, checked everything, apologized many times, moved us to another room and took off the first night charge completed. Can't say enough how well they handled the problem.

Customer service was amazing. Entire staff very personable. Beautiful lobby. Pool area very peaceful. Restaurant selections in area great. Room was fantastic. Separate sitting area is really nice for person who needs to be sleeping and another who wanted to be up. Urban chic feeling in rooms. Sheets very high quality. I usually go in the room and can't wait to throw the comforter on the floor and not so in this case.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

I wouldn't do it again.
    • Colonnade King Room

There was mold on the vent, the smoke detector and in the bathroom. It wreaked and made it difficult to be comfortable. The main areas of the hotel including the lobby bar were kept at sub zero temperatures, there was no way to stay warm without a coat on in any public area.

Cocktails in the lobby bar.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

Highly recommended. Beware wifi costs $12 per day
    • Aragon King Room

No free wifi. This is petty. Also did not get early checkin or late check out as indicated on booking.com confirmation.

Great decor. Great room. Fabulous breakfast. Great value.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Beautiful hotel in good location for families visiting Miami. Good sized rooms for families.

Having to pay for wifi.

Beautiful hotel in lovely location with helpful staff. Rooms are adequate for families. Pool are lovely to relax in & gym is perfect.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

• King Suite

IF I'M PAYING $600 FOR 2 NIGHTS I THINK EITHER OF THE WIFI, PARKING AND BREAKFAST SHOULD BE COMPLIMENTARY. ROOM WAS GREAT BUT THE POSITION OF TV WAS KINDA WIRED COZ IF I'M IN THE BED AND WANNA WATCH TV THE BED FRAME WAS BLOCKING THE TV .

I like the area of the location, rooms are fantastic.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2017

Beds comfy - friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

Walls way to thin - could hear such noise. Difficult to find the lobby in such a Hugh building

Beds comfy - friendly staff. Lovely rooftop pool area. Easy to get around the town - the hotel has bikes! Breakfast delicious.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Family friendly lofts are super

No faults from us

This is a super hotel luxurious and beautiful the games room and the fridge in our lot room were a bonus. The staff were so helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

Will definitely come back!
    • Aragon King Room

Very bad internect connection, especially if your trying use VPN.... outside of room even worse. There is no space at all actually where you can work quietly. Apparently hotel doesn't have control over music and the only separated space which hotel has (party room) was always busy for some private events

Hotel is in perfect location, surrounded by nice restaurants and little bars. Also it's only 15 min away from Miami/South Beaches or Miami bay. Staff is very nice and always eager to help

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Very elegant but modern and clean .
    • King Room with Balcony

Very elegant but modern and clean . Architecture is beautiful. They mixed old and new and it looks great. Very centrally located. Great view from balcony. Very fri badly staff extended my checkout with no hesitation. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Excellent facilities with stylish room interiors,...
    • Colonnade King Room

Breakfast area seating could use more tables for more than 1-2 persons; directions to hotel lobby from building entrance could be improved.

Excellent facilities with stylish room interiors, conveniently located in Coral Gables Business district.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

A very good stay attended by a very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

To have to connect everyday for Whatsapp. I had to ask for toilet paper, soap and handcream at different times, beacause there was none put after they cleaned the bathroom.

The staff is very firendly and helpful. Breakfast options good.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Location good , nice rooms , shame about expensive wifi and noisy rooms

Help to get wifi at reception , no shampoo etc in bathroom

Swimming pool area was not attractive , free wifi instead of ridiculous charges rooms to rear of hotel very noisy with construction on night time

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

Very nice stay
    • Family Loft

We ordered room service from the late night menu one night at 11 pm and found out we couldn't get a glass of wine at that hour. I was surprised...it's Miami, no alcohol after 11?? Also only provided two cups for the coffee 3-4 would be nice when the room accommodates 4 people and one English Breakfast tea (2 would have been nice). The next 2 days, the tea wasn't replaced and we got only one cup. Sounds picky, but we like our morning caffeine!

Our room was great! Two stories with our teenage kids upstairs in their own room with attached bath. TV's upstairs and down. Windows actually opened. View of the city and the ocean! Vaulted ceiling upstairs (never had that in a hotel room). The game room was very fun. We played foosball and shuffleboard. Kitchenette had a microwave which was great for heating back up some of our yummy food that we couldn't finish at a nearby restaurant and wanted to take back with us. Threefold for breakfast is walking distance and beyond yummy! Oh my goodness.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

My favourite things were 1.
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

The towels, I don't know what to say , but some has to go look at them,the Dinginess, or lack of bleach or something. Also those pump soap's don't work very well, thank goodness I brought my own shampoo, etc. Also last but not least, I got lost trying to find the front desk, could you some how add a cute little kiosk downstairs to welcome guests. Thank you Kat Meier.

My favourite things were 1.the room was fabulous,The Art was interesting, Also the beds , sheets,& duvets were of amazing quality.comfortable beds, the air conditioning, was cold & clean.my son loved your Samsung t.v.loved having a little coffeemaker, & the fridge.Also not to forget, but your buffet breakfast was fabulous!!!

• Reviewed: February 10, 2017

• Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

Customer service was poor. Stephani made up for it when we checked out but it was a disappointing experience overall. Housekeeping only showed up in the afternoon and didn't do a thorough job.

Great location. Room was very pretty.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Out of the park hotel
    • Aragon King Room

Valet parking! Couldn't believe valet didn't know about major attractions and fine restaurants

Nice size room with a heavenly large king size bed. Had a wonderful view of miracle mile! Down comforter on bed was heaven.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2017

Enjoyable.
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hallways too cold. So uncomfortable I had to wear my winter jacket every time I left my room.

Loved the buffet breakfast and staff. Everybody extremely nice and professional.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2016

Great weekend getaway place to be.
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great Hospitality. From the Valet Staff and warm welcome to Front Office as check-in process was made a smile by the Reception Staff. Clean Room and Public Areas .

• Reviewed: November 1, 2016

Really great, comfy refurbished rooms
    • Aragon King Room

Quite large and impersonal, couldn't find breakfast or a restaurant in hotel, but loads outside the door

Very comfortable, modern and beautiful room with fantastic decor

• Reviewed: September 26, 2016

Very nice hotel
    • Colonnade King Room

Wifi should be free at this high level of quality hotel

The rooms are great, staff was very friendly and is located in great location with Coral Gables.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2016

Best location, but need to improve.
    • Queen Room

Not good food offerings. Rude food room service when available. One night they have a basket (at room temperature for hours) at the front desk with cold ham and cheese sandwiches for $8.00 each. Lack of good staff if any, at the continental breakfast dining.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2016

Wonderful Hotel!!!
    • Townhouse

At the time of my stay, the building was under construction in which it was a little noisy, but only during the day. The construction noise during the day didn't really bother us being the fact that we were out in the town. There were no disturbances during the night which was great.

The room was beautiful. The beds were very comfy, and the staff was very pleasant. My overall stay was well enjoyed and relaxed.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2016

I would give it another try.
    • Townhouse

I didn't like the fact that I reserved a certain type of room and the room that was provided to me wasn't what I had reserved. I expected one thing and got another.

I liked the location and the hotel and the cleanness.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2016

Nice stay with some not big issues
    • Traditional Room

The room was not ready.... Previous food from another guest in the fridge... Not shower caps, unable to see tv.... But as soon as I spoke to Stephanie all was fixed 😊

Stephanie at the front desk were beyond and above to make our stay very pleasent. The location is the best in coral gables. We will come back

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

The breakfast is fantastic!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast is fantastic!!! Amazing.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

excellent

The no Free parking

A wonderfull hotel, excellent location, very nice staff,great hotel,beatifull and very confortable

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Perfect mix of amenities and value

Due to a wedding some guests were loudly wandering the hallways at 2am

Staff, amenities, and views were wonderful

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Location, beautiful, great staff

Location, beautiful, great staff

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Great hotel with style and a good location with lots of restaurant options nearby.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

WiFi was subpar. Could have been my room location but it was very slow.

Great staff. From front desk to bartenders everyone went above and beyond.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Location and service

Food

Location and service

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Good service , nice room
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The parking a little bit expensive.

Good service , nice room

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Very thing is just minutes away great service great food

Very thing is just minutes away great service great food

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Ok
    • Aragon King Room

Two elevators to get to my room

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

A poor nights sleep in 2006

Room 2006 is very noisy due to its position behind the lift

It met expectation

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

it was clean and in a great location staff was very...
    • Family Loft

there are no signs to guide you around the hotel

it was clean and in a great location staff was very accommodating

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Bed was comfortable.

parking is so expensive.

Bed was comfortable. Rooms are large

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

It was good for family
    • Family Loft

They could be a lot cleaner, the floors bathroom and sheets

Modern

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Will be back
    • Aragon King Room

Friday night was a (little) noisy street.

Valet parking , breakfast and great and friendly personalities of staff.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

Most courteous staff

Most courteous staff

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

The doors slam very loud, I asked the staff to fill the soap...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The doors slam very loud, I asked the staff to fill the soap dish in the shower and it wasn’t done until we left otherwise was a great stay

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Everything.
    • Aragon King Room

There isn’t food or drink available at the pool - literally the only negative.

Everything.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Nice rooms, very clean,
    • King Room - Disability Access

Bed, water pressure in shower was weak but not too bad

Nice rooms, very clean,

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Cleaness did not meet my expectation.
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet in the room is not cleaned at all. Lot of dust and hairs can be seen on it.

Staffs from the reception are very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Very Good
    • Queen Room

Room location at the backside of Hotel

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

convenient and comfortable
    • Aragon King Room

too much noise from other guests at inapropiate hours

all comfortable

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Within walking distance of all the popular locations.

Amenities were limited.

Within walking distance of all the popular locations.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

A very good hotel, with friendly, helpful staff so we'll be back.
    • King Suite

We liked the spacious room, and large terrace. Check-in staff were friendly and helpful, as was the valet staff.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

• Aragon King Room

A subtle night light in the bathroom may be good to consider

Bed was extremely comfortable. Staff was very efficient and friendly

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Wonderful, beautiful property.

can't think of anything.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Beautiful and friendly.
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds. Like sleeping on old pullout sofabed

Very nice room and accomodations. Great location can walk to everthing.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Convenient,clean, locatio location location

Staff

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

ok
    • Colonnade King Room

bed was too soft and a/c did not kick in until 3 AM so it was quite warm in the room

location is great. staff was friendly, professional.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Around feel really good

Breakfast too expensive

I feel good

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Worth Every Penny!!!
    • Aragon Double Room with Two Double Beds

I couldn't get free wifi

The room was gorgeous!! The bed was like a cloud. It made me wanna go home and redecorate my whole apartment!!!

• Reviewed: June 3, 2017

Very good hotel, recommended
    • Queen Room

No elevator to entrance floor

Big rooms and comfortable, clean