Reviews of Columbia Gorge Inn 3 stars

404 Wa Na Pa Street, Cascade Locks, OR 97014, USA

#2 of 2 hotels in Cascade Locks

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Not a great stat for the money; layout of room not convenient.

Room didn’t smell fresh; no screen on window in order to open it; bathroom was a shower room with toilet, no sink and no curtain to separate toilet from shower and water. Very odd layout. No impressed.

Friendly and helpful staff

Liked our stay though a bit more expensive for a room without complementary breakfast
    • Queen Room

To us, the room cost more than we expected from an average-looking motel. I guess Cascade Locks may be a desirable location in the Columbia River gorge.

It was easy to be able to checkin earlier than normal; we explained that we did not need the room right away but wanted to checkin in case we get to the hotel late at night because we had a lot of hiking planned. A basket of snacks was a delightful touch. Our room on the first floor had wheel-in shower and will be very convenient for the handicap

The only thing that I did not like is stepping into the...
    • Queen Room

I liked it because of the location it in the Cascade Locks. It is the old Motel but they keep it up. I would stay there again. By looking at it I would not have check that Motel but staying there I would recommend it. Not fancy but very comfortable and very friendly staff.

The only thing that I did not like is stepping into the bathroom you have to step over a ridge and I almost fell because of it. They just need to have a signed by the bathroom doors saying their the edge or have it or have it much so people know those the edge.

Just fine
    • Queen Room

The spider net above the bed. The narrow shower next to the toilet just separated by a curtain.

Welcome snacks in the room, easy parking and friendly reception.

Room was a little odd toilet is in shower , vanity and sink are outside of room , little noisy outside there is a restaurant/ bar next to motel , the motel use regular keys for door of room .

Event success!!!

Great room! Thank you for giving us the backside of the hotel. Made parking and walking to the Bridge of God’s run nice and easy! Thank you for the two great recommendations!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Quiet, very roomy, town location in Columbia Gorge.

AC was broke but manager was capable of promptly replacing it with a temporary unit. Place is old, furnishings old and cheap lamps. No breakfast. We won’t stay there again. For that price, I’d expect good quality aesthetics.

Quiet, very roomy, town location in Columbia Gorge.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

I suppose it is an average 2 star hotel. Not too special.
    • Queen Room

The review promised alarm clock (none), river view (trees too high to see river). no breakfast, room had a wheelchair style shower (toilet on shower pan) but no elevator but a long flight of stairs, 3inch steps into both the room and the bathroom--no wheelchair could possibly go there.

The room was neat and clean. People were very friendly and helpful.

The man who checked us in was very friendly.

Facility was much older than I expected. The neighborhood was run down.

The man who checked us in was very friendly. There was a complementary goodie basket full of snacks waiting for us in our room.

The motel is in desperate need of better housekeeping.
    • Queen Room

When we arrived at 4:30, the manager was sitting outside smoking; after what seemed like long consideration, he took us to a room he said was one of the best ones. However, it had not yet been cleaned and made up, so we got another room instead. This room was next to a pile of mangoes and an overflowing ashtray--apparently someone was living in the room next door. The bathroom was tiny--basically a shower with a toilet inside-- and curiously included a bathtub faucet near the floor, where there was no tub. The toilet had not been flushed--remnants of poo. Remote control for the TV seemed to have peanut butter on it.

The manager was friendly, and the lobby was clean; the flowerpots outside looked nice. The room had fresh towels and a clean bed. Location was fantastic for us--within walking distance of the sternwheeler cruise we had booked.

• Queen Room

Very convenient for all Cascade Locks attractions. Just over the road from the park and Sternwheeler. Two or three bars/restaurants within 2 mins walk.

The front desk clerk was very nice and professional.

WiFi signal was too weak to be functional, and there were people making a lot of noise shouting at each other in the parking lot on and off past 2 am. There was a weird ledge around the bathroom door I kept tripping over.

The front desk clerk was very nice and professional. The room was as it appeared on the booking site--no surprises.

The complimentary snacks were a nice touch - delicious and...

We rented two rooms which were nearby each other. Unexpectedly, we discovered that both room keys opened the other door, which left us feeling uneasy that there were more keys that would open the rooms. Nothing happened, but I hope they re-key the rooms soon!

The complimentary snacks were a nice touch - delicious and yummy with a mix of healthy and not-so-healthy.

Very accommodating when needing anything.

If you depend on wi-fi it was slow and weak. But to be fair we didn't ask why it was so slow so the problem may have been ours.

Very accommodating when needing anything. Bed comfortable. Very clean. We also left some important items in our room when leaving to go home and when we called to have them returned to us via mail they were very very accommodating!

Was very clean, staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room

Booking.com states the room has river views. This is not true. The property states they have been trying to get that deleted from the room info and haven't been able to.

Was very clean, staff was friendly and helpful.

The bed was comfortable :)
    • Queen Room

The shower was ada, funky set up. Floor was all same toilet to shower, only a shower curtain to separate them. This was the 2nd floor, stairs, didn’t see an elevator. Wondered if all the showers were set up like that. They show no shower pics on the site we booked thru. Sink is in bedroom.

The bed was comfortable :)

Good for a Quick Overnight Stay

The room was quite dated. There were no comfortable chairs to sit in - there was one old office chair. We had to bring a plastic lawn chair into the room so that each of us had a place to sit.

The bed was comfortable. The owner was very friendly and accommodating. The shower had good pressure and lots of hot water.

Comfortable but overpriced.
    • Queen Room

There wasn’t really anything to complain about other than it was way overpriced for a motel with no facilities especially at that the time of year, (late March). We stayed in two other similar motels during our holiday ( the rest of the time we stayed with friends) and both the others were much cheaper and both inclused breakfast which this motel didn’t.

The new,y appointed manager was friendly and very helpful. On our arrival, he apologised for the appearance of the reception area which was being refurbished. Our room which had recemtly been refurbished, was clean a d thankfully very warm. ( temperatures outside were only just above freezing!).

The location is perfect, and the facilities are perfect,...

I have no complaints. In my opinion, a hotel room is where you go to rest, and this was the perfect fit for our stay in Cascade Locks.

The location is perfect, and the facilities are perfect, clean and quiet. The staff (Steve) is so welcoming and hospitable, the room was very clean upon arrival, the bed was very comfy, and the rest we got there was so peaceful and quiet. Thank you so much, Steve!

We got a great discount, but even so we would not stay there again.
    • Queen Room

Uncomfortable bed. Noisy fridge, noisy people in room above. TV had really bad picture with lines running through it--could have been bad cable. Unable to connect to their wi-fi.

Nice desk staff

My room was clean and big.
    • Queen Room

My room was clean and big. I felt very warm as a PCT hiker since it had everything that I needed. Steve (the owner) was very kind to me and he brought me with his car to the next town on the next morning, so I could take my bus on time. If I ever go to that area again, I wouldn't hesitate to go to the same place to sleep. Clean, roomy and effective! :)

Close to Falls, locks, and highway.

They're in the middle of remodeling/construction of the office area. Breakfast not included.

Fill-in office manager was entertaining. The restaurant next door for breakfast was super. The waitress was a hoot.

Very comfortable and exactly what we needed.

It just did not look very good.

I was impressed with the clean room, thick fluffy towels and very comfortable bed. The outside is not impressive at all, but I would definitely stay again. The staff is very friendly and gracious to have us as their guest. Highly recommend if you are not looking for any special amenities.

Grateful.

Pot holes at the entrance to the property are dangerous. Undoubtedly part of the coming restoration.

We booked this as an in-between place on our journey to the eclipse and felt very grateful to find it!!! We booked months ahead. The staff is friendly and efficient. The beds are awesome. Cascade Inn is under renovation so no comments about little details that will change in the future. Excellent restaurants across the river! $2.00 toll bridge.

A roof over your head and a decent (squeaky) bed for the night.

I booked this room almost 8 full months in advance only to be called the week before to be told "we are overbooked and see you have 2 queen beds ... we only have a room with one bed, but we'll give you an air mattress and a $50 discount" .... um no! I'm sure that the motel was not this full when I made my reservation - give the air mattress to the guy that booked the last 2 queen room! Anyway, at the end of the day - all worked out, our room was deeply discounted due to me arguing my point, but I think the situation was handled unfairly to begin with. There's a basket of "complimentary" fruit and snacks in the room which was a couple of lunch size bag of chips and 2 VERY bruised up apples that looked like they've been there for months. Thanks, but no thanks. Had to go to the office for extra t.p. as there wasn't even a spare in the bathroom!

Location is great - (we did the Bridge of the Gods race -- directly across the street from where we had to be. They gave us late checkout which was nice. Refrigerator and microwave in room is nice to have.

Find somewhere else to stay!

property is very old & looks run down. No one wz available to check me out. The maintenance guy sat outside & told everyone the office mgr. left on emergency & the owner wz asleep & he had no idea how to run the desk. I left my key in the slot for my room & left.

quick check in

It was close to the Marine Park Campground where I was...
    • Queen Room

Everything was good! No complaints.

It was close to the Marine Park Campground where I was picking up my hubby and a friend who had just completed 151.9 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail and it was within walking distance.

great location if you don't mind just a simple shower

that there was no bathtub

The room was big and the location was excellent. I wished I had a tub though after those long hikes, I needed to soak in a tub

Book elsewhere
    • Queen Room

The air conditioner didn't work right. We went hiking and looked forward to a cool rm. When we got to the room the air was so stagnant and hot we could hardly breath. We jarred our door open only to breath in smoke from the people smoking on the balcony. We requested a fan and that helped circulate the room and what little air we got from the air conditioner.

The staff were attentive and there was a basket in our room with delicious oranges and apples and different kinds of chips. Nice touch.

Large room was comfortable, with refrigerator, microwave,...

Room was advertised as "river view" but the property is too far from the river and there is no view.

Large room was comfortable, with refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer.

We were very comfortable, and pleased with the cleanliness and service.

A TV guide, or channel guide would of been helpful.

The room was very clean. There were a variety of different snacks on the table for us. The price was very fair. Staff were all nice.

I am so glad I found this place, and plan to stay here again when in the area.

Nothing I did not like.

The facility is older and being remodeled. It is not fancy, but is the cleanest, most comfortable place I have stayed in years. The staff were caring and provided special assistance beyond what I have ever received at a chain motel. Highly recommended.

Super Freindly Service

We were staying here while attending a wedding at another venue near by. The owner and staff were super friendly and give us a ride to the venue both there and back - and wouldn't accept any money toward fuel or the bridge toll. The room itself was good with working a/c on one of the hottest days of the year so far this summer. The wet room shower was excellent. The complimentary water and snacks were a nice touch.

Loved it, walking distance to everything

Location, accessibility by car and straightforward room with tv. Close to the waterfalls and a great town on your way from the waterfalls to mt hood or the dalles. Brewery (thunder island) is on walking distance and many spots for breakfast close.

THE STAFF AND THE LOCATION WERE THE BEST ASSETS OF THIS...
    • Queen Room

THE ROOMS WERE LARGE, AND THE LOCATION WAS QUIET, ...BUT,...the whole facility is old and dated. THE ROOMS DID NOT HAVE A CHAIR TO SIT ON AND THE WINDOWS DID NOT HAVE SCREENS ON THEM. THE DOOR NEEDED TO BE MORE SECURE. IT WAS AN ADEQUATE PLACE TO SPEND THE NIGHT, THOUGH.

THE STAFF AND THE LOCATION WERE THE BEST ASSETS OF THIS MOTEL.

Like I said not happy

The door didn't have a double lock on didn't fell safe put a chair to block the door, the refrigerator was dirty the freezer department had ice cream in it bath room floor was dirty was not happy for the price I paid it was way to much .

Comfortable & Good Staff

A/C could be a little programmable to be a bit cooler than 67 degrees -- it was fine for me (my other half is ALWAYS too hot).

Jeff was very nice to deal with, pleasant & accommodating, helpful with recommendations, a bonus to the facility! Room was good sized, comfortable, had good working microwave & mini refrigerator. Great for a stop-over motel when on a trip.

Close to bridge of the Gods w/c is a toll bridge; close to the Boneviile cascade locks and fish hatc

No sink in the toilet for washing hands after use : shower has no stall , adjacent to toilet , separated by shower curtain. Place needs to be remodeled!

Complimentary basket of snacks with chips , packages of mini doughnuts , chips , a fruit and a bottle of Peregrino water

Mediocre & overpriced but nice staff

The room smelled of mildew and/or mold. There was no greenery anywhere outside, just parking lots. The building was a long rectangle centered around parking lots, and no view of anything but parking lots and adjacent buildings. The bathroom was oddly contrived. The toilet & shower shared the tile floor separated only by a shower curtain. The floor was not clean. The fixtures were old, outdated (electrical outlets loose, sink patched and located next to the beds, not in the bathroom with the shower & toilet.

The towels were clean and the bed fairly comfortable, the staff were friendly & helpful. the location was close enough to the lovely community but the motel was awkwardly located in a parking lot surrounded by other parking lots and no view of anything or any green or any plants to make it attractive.

The bed was very nice and the shower felt wonderful.
    • Queen Room

At first they gave me a room with a king size bed that was to high for me to get in, but then they were able to change my room.

The bed was very nice and the shower felt wonderful.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Great value, clean and comfy.
    • Queen Room

There are no river view rooms, maybe upstairs you can see the river from the window, but it's on the other side of the highway, so they shouldn't advertise river view rooms. Our room was listed as river view but we were on the bottom floor on the backside of the bldg, so no view at all of the river.

This place is clean, comfy, and friendly. They gave us a nice snack basket and were very accommodating. The bathroom isn't what most people are used to, very European, but clean and efficient. If you're gonna complain about someone's prices you should look at what the other places are charging in the area. This property is in the heart of the Columbia Gorge and is very reasonably priced according to its location and competition. Would stay here again.

You must be kidding me??

Nothing like the description we took our dogs because it said said pet friendly and they said no upon arrival, it said breakfast included that was so not happening, on the river with a riverview room?? Um again not a chance. It was prison shower/toilet combo of which you just about killed yourself walking in if you didn't see the thing in between the rooms, the bathroom door you couldn't open or shut due to the handle, I had requested extra pillows and towels um not a chance, also no phone in the room to call front desk for any needs, nasty fake plants, maid knocked at 10:30 asked if we were leaving and check out isn't until 11, I had taken my dogs a bowl of water from the room and they wouldn't touch it, if everything else hadn't been sold out we wouldn't have stayed there.

Well it was an actual king sized bed, the fridge did work.

The desk person was friendly and gave great info about an...

No pets allowed. Not posted on the website ar anywhere. Poor old dog had to sleep in the car.

The desk person was friendly and gave great info about an attraction that I wanted to see.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

No hot water from dinnertime on.

I told them I would arrive beteen 9-10PM. I arrived about 9:30PM. The hot water had been off for long enough to reduce the temperature to the 70's. There is no notice anywhere that this is their practice, and the manager did not tell me when I checked in. Ridiculous. Don't go back.

It was there

Had ants crawling on the walls and in the bathroom. Couldn't sleep very well after seeing small ants crawling on the the walls sink area. In the morning had to shake out all over clothing because ants were crawling into our suitcases. Will not ever go back there

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

great location in the process of upgrading

too much furniture in the room.

They are upgrading the motel room by room. Some of the furniture was older, but the bed and bathroom were redone and very comfortable

The staff was so friendly and helpful!
    • Queen Room

The staff was so friendly and helpful!

It was a great location and the staff were very helpful and...

It was a great location and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff at the reception.
    • Queen Room

Extremely friendly and helpful staff at the reception.

Bed was too hard for both of us.

Bed was too hard for both of us. Pillows were a little too soft,

Management was great!

Management was great! Very friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations about the town

Comfortable beds

Comfortable beds

My perfect location for joining a friend on these pct trail.
    • Queen Room

Friendly owner, Nice room with airco, very good bed, store nearby, welcome fruit and snacks,... I loved it.

A good place to stay in a large room.
    • Queen Room

The noise of the trains.

The room was large and comfortable. Good location.

Just feel it was over-priced for what we got.

Just feel it was over-priced for what we got.

Great value for an affordable clean room.

The room was clean and close to everything as well as affordable.

Asesome

Awesome hospitality

Everyone was very kind, caring and friendly

The bed was super!

The bed was super!

i would not recommend this place to anyone

the bugs

Extremely friendly staff!

Extremely friendly staff! Great place to stay!!!

The grounds were not in the best of shape, but the staff was...

The grounds were not in the best of shape, but the staff was very nice.

Pleasant

Near River

It felt shabby.
    • Queen Room

It felt shabby. I think they may be refurbishing the place.

The room was way over priced for what it offered.
    • Queen Room

The bed was not comfortable

Nice and Clean Motel

Not really.

Close to the locks and the Bridge of the Gods.

Really enjoyed the food basket.

Furniture needed updating. It was old and worn. Shower/toilet was odd layout.

Really enjoyed the food basket.

Super-friendly staff made us feel right at home.
    • Queen Room

Super-friendly staff made us feel right at home.

Great place to stay!
    • Queen Room

Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Ok

Hard to find and picture gave impression it overlooked river. It looked opposite

The hotel is rundown.

The hotel is rundown.

Get a room as close to the office as you can to avoid noise.

People in room above were extremely noisy until 3am. Was told by staff that "pavers" were staying above and get a little rowdy after work.

Facilities being renovated.

Facilities being renovated.

Dated,but very clean

Very clean room but dated. Remodeling is under way.

Extremely nice staff. Easy to get to.

Was peaceful and staff was nice