Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Diego Airport - Old Town 2 stars

1955 San Diego Avenue, San Diego, CA 92110, USA

#98 of 226 hotels in San Diego

The room was comfortable clean.
    • Queen Room

Too short of a stay overnight

The room was comfortable clean. The bed was comfortable to the point we did not want to wake up but our flight was in early morning and bus service was get to airport. Best hotel and closest to airport.

I liked the Shuttle service They were great

Shortly after we checked I asked the front desk to get someone to look at the toilet seat Never happened We were given 222 Very noisy with people coming & going Slaming the door

I liked the Shuttle service They were great

Great experience
    • Queen Room

After midnight they do not offer shuttle from the airport to the hotel even if you have a reserved room for that night.

Great relation price-service. Close to the airport. Great complimentary breakfast, includes eggs and sausage. Clean rooms.

Average hotel with good location
    • Queen Room

Hallways seemed bit messy, extra cost for parking. Gym was very small and not well equipped.

Our room was facing the pool area on inner yard so it was peaceful and no noise from the freeway on the other side of the building.

Great place to stay if you need to fly out the next day since it's so close to the airport.

The room needed a mirror. The only one was in the bathroom and there's wall space for another.

Nice clean room. Refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, and blow dryer a definite plus. Also, the sleep kit really came in handy since it's right next to a freeway. Our driver Art was the best!

Didnt sleep but old town is awesome. I will stay somewhere else next visit
    • Queen Room

We were in a room by the food area. It was very loud prepping food and staff talking loudly. I would suggest staff at front desk advise people about the free shuttle services and restrictions upon arriving. They did not know I needed a shuttle to the airport even though I checked it in booking

We did not eat at the facility

Not good.
    • Queen Room

Vangie at the desk was so rude and insensitive. There was a mix up and I booked my room on the 2nd and not the 7th. Apparently I was a "no show" on the 2nd and was charged full price I booked it for which, with tax was $143 for the room. I would have understood that without her condescending attitude. I tried to explain it wasn’t on purpose as I had no idea I had booked it on the wrong day. When I ask if they had a room I could rent for this night she abruptly informed me "Not for that price, rates have went up". How could she not realize that I have already paid for a room I did not stay in and at the very least give me the room for the same rate? I ended up with a very small room with a cement wall for a view on the 3rd floor for $197. To be honest, the room (although very clean) was what I expect at a Super 8 or a Cloud 9 for about $50-$60. I was very disappointed. Mostly because of her attitude. I will say the gentleman at the desk after she left was what I would expect in my situation, sincere, compassionate and polite.

I left before breakfast

Almost 5 stars...
    • Queen Room

The internet connection was absolutely horrible!

I liked almost everything about the property, especially the free shuttle. The only thing that in didn't like was that the internet connection was absolutely horrible!

Newly decorated rooms, very convenient.
    • Queen Room

My room was a bit far from checkin which was a problem only because I had two heavy bags.

Very close to the airport. I returned my rental car the afternoon I arrived. The return area is very close to the hotel and they picked me up and then took me to the airport the next am.

I enjoyed the location of the hotel.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The beds aren’t always the most comfortable and the blankets are pretty rough!

I enjoyed the location of the hotel. Breakfast isn’t always my favorite part unless it’s at a luxury hotel.

We had a great stay. The shuttle drivers were great! The staff helpful and friendly.
    • Queen Room

Some airport noise but having fan on helped.

The shuttle was so convenient! Location to Old Town and transit center was great. Nice having breakfast and laundry at the hotel.

Wow what a great four days we enjoyed in San Diego
    • Room Selected at Check-In

like everything at hotel. We had never traveled to San Diego but this trip sure make it a place we will return to. The staff is excellent at the hotel, morning, noon or night all have great attitudes and just nice.

the shuttle service was excellent, picked us up at airport late night, took us to zoo, and to old town at no charge. our driver was Fernando and he was very nice and helpful. the front desk, dedc, ivan and vagie were always willing to help us on things to do around town. the room had been recently remodled there is still some work being done but was not an issue. the breakfast supplied by staff was excellent always fresh. could not have been better experience we were there for ncaa ballgames. great experience. there is zero noise level at this hotel. marsha e. Proctorville, ohio

An ok hotel, with a good breakfast and staff
    • Queen Room

No view from the room window, at all, as it was below the pavement level. The adjoining room, 274, was being renovated and the workmen had gone off and left a machine running making an irritating and constant noise which we complained about, it was eventually turned off. Awoken by the upstairs resident getting up, I'm guessing, for an early flight, general movement and the shower running was a bit irritating at 5am. Being so far out of town, I'm a little miffed that they charge for parking. A shuttle is available, but doesn't go downtown.

Pleasant hotel, staff friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast provided, range of items available was excellent, pancakes, pastries, bread and bagels etc as well as the staples of cereal, yoghurt etc. Room was comfortable and spacious, with a good shower.

Very comfortable and accommodating!
    • Queen Room

My checkout staff member was very confusing.

The rooms were very clean and updated nicely. All staff was friendly. Shuttle service was exceptional. Recommend to stay at this hotel.

It was a good choice for a hotel close to the airport for a late night arrival.
    • Queen Room

The noise from the interstate highway is constant. The air conditioner helps drown out the noise.

The free shuttle from the airport was great. We arrived near mid-night. The staff were helpful and friendly. The free breakfast was great.

It was okay.
    • Executive King Room

Didn't feel secure because our room faced the outside where anyone off the street could access....very few rooms were like this.....it felt like we were being punished. The shuttle van that picked us up from the airport was filthy inside. Alot of freeway noise. They were doing construction or renovating....would have been nice to know that ahead of time.

Close to Old Town. Free shuttle service to Old Town and the Zoo. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful. Cold air con andd hot shower. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast.

Property is in need of updating.
    • Executive King Room

Property is in need of updating. Signs at the entrance indicating that the property can pose dangers to one’s health. Safety issues as well with some of the rooms doors opening into the hallway. Was afraid of inadvertently hitting someone in the hallway when exiting my room.

Great location for airport and convention centre/gas lamp district
    • Queen Room

IHG breakfast options limited and heavily carb based. Need more healthy options please. Also need to review recycling policy as paper and plastic plate and cutlery used from breakfast.

Got a suite and spoilt for choice as to where to sleep. Shuttle service to airport and convention centre made things very easy.

Stayed there to be near my daughter while she stays there for pilot training
    • Queen Room

Nothing I don't like - everything is good.

Wish we have a proper kettle instead of coffee machine. We don't like coffee. The breakfast area is average but feel it's not enough options. The room is lovely, good size of bathroom.

Perfect location to airport, car rental return and Old Town. Very clean. Wonderful staff!
    • Queen Room

Highway noise a little bothersome from our freeway facing room, but not a deal breaker.

Staff very accommodating..got us into a room early to help us out. Shuttle and driver were outstanding. We had Fernando for our driver and he is great. Picked us up in 5 minutes from the car rental office and back to the airport early am right on time. Super friendly and an excellent driver. Elia at the front desk was quite helpful and informative. Facility was spotlessly clean.

Perfect for our need to get to airport for a 7 am flight.
    • Queen Room

Some noise from highway could be heard in room; we were aware of this at time of booking and it did not keep us awake😊

Great location for rental car return and airport. Clean room and accommodating staff. Easy, efficient check-in. Close to Old Town attraction.

• Executive King Room

Receptionist was extremely rude I was charged a deposit on top of a overpriced room I am being charged twice for the 2 night stay and I was charged foe a king size suite and given a queen size bed and was not given my military discount I will never book thru booking Com again not would I ever stay at holiday inn express old town in San Diego again

In total their service is good.
    • Queen Room

The fact that there was no hot tub while the advertisement says the hot tub is provided, is what I didn’t like.

The staff are very friendly. Looks like they are all happy and satisfied with what they are doing The free shuttle service is very good. It is on time and also it’s not only for airport transportation. They offer this service to several locations like old town and zoo. Highly recommended.

Overall it was a great hotel and I would definitely recommend it for the price and convenient loc
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I guess it’s a minor problem but you could hear people next to my room when they were talking loudly

I liked that they offer you free WiFi and free breakfast. I also liked that they deliver food straight to your room.

Not worth the money
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The rooms are right by freeway so very noisy, the doors are very heavy, wasn’t told if it was non smoking or not, manger I spoke to female was very rude & placed me on hold then hung up on me.

Enjoyable
    • Queen Room

I did not like that there is a $10.00/night fee for parking. Although it is cheaper than most other hotels, it is a regular parking area. It's not like it is a parking area where outsiders do not have access to your vehicle nor is there any type of security guard there either. I feel it is just another way to make more money from their patrons.

Loved that breakfast was included and it was very good. Loved that a shuttle is provided to Old Town San Diego. Shuttle driver was very nice, professional and friendly. They were quick as well. Room was nice and clean.

People were so accomodating and nice - great location and service.
    • Executive King Room

Close to Old Town (free shuttle to and from) and also close to the pier. We were allowed to park our car there for the duration of our 18 day cruise, had free shuttle to and from the pier - the price for parking was wonderful!! Thank you Holiday Inn!!

clean, comfortable, convenient - friendly, yet basic
    • Queen Room

kitchen always behind in restocking the breakfast. scramble eggs would be better than pre-mold omelettes. nice to have a warm breakfast, however lacks flavor. constant leaking shower faucets.

professional and friendly staff. clean rooms.

The bathroom was definitely a good size and the beds were...

The A/C in the room seemed too small for the room size. We were always running warm and it didn’t appear you could adjust the A/C by temperature. We didn’t talk to staff in part because we were warm but not miserable.

The bathroom was definitely a good size and the beds were comfy. Great location if you’re planning on being out near Hillcrest.

Hope someday we can come back as a vacation and not medical
    • Queen Room

Because of her surgeries we were in allowed to eat any solid foods for two weeks after so we kind of were wishing we could've ate some of the cuisine around but that's not the hotels fault

We came here and had surgery stayed in a hotel till our plane went home the staff was more than accommodating and helpful it was a really nice place to stay

excellent stay and location

every thing was ok

the personnel was excellent. especialy Jose from the front desk. The room was very comfortable. They were updating several room so the hotel was note very clean. Its is well located. Near the airport and the rental car station

The staff and location made the difference.
    • Queen Room

Paying for parking, noise from the interstate, initially booked into a tiny room (Staff changed to a larger room), pool a large bathtub.

Free breakfast, accommodating staff, location (Except for the Interstate adjacent to the facility), shuttle to zoo

Nice hotel close to the airport but with a shuttle that you need to call and a poor breakfast
    • Executive King Room

1. The airport shuttle is a problem. First, from the airport, it will come and pick you only if you call the hotel ... which was NOT mentioned by Booking.com when making the reservation. This was a major problem because I did not know that and I eventually had to take cab. Second, be also careful in the morning when heading back to the airport even if you book a ride: the shuttle almost started without me ... with passengers that had not booked... because the driver "guessed" that he had his load... 2. The breakfast is "free" but is quite minimal. Do not expect too much !

1. Located close to the Airport (main reason for choosing this hotel) and the so-called "Old Town" (if you are interested in visiting this place). 2. Good free Wifi and good working desk (but, as usual, the chair was too low to type comfortably on a computer). 3. Good bed and quite (in spite of a main highway and the airport; good sound insulation !).

OK for a quick pit stop.
    • Executive King Room

Very dated, could do with a refurb. Our room was on a level with the freeway so there was a constant loud traffic noise despite the double glazing.

Very friendly staff. Clean and a comfy bed. Just needed a quick rest after a long flight so it was OK.

We would stay here again.

Our room was very close to the highway, but surprisingly it was still quiet. The wifi was sketchy - on and off constantly. But that seems to be typical of hotels. The room was spotless every day. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. The staff members were friendly and very competent at their work.

The breakfast experience was great. Plenty of variety and meticulously tended.

Nice

Staff was a little rude.

The view of the airport and San Diego bay. Breakfast was a little over cooked. Coffee was very hot. Front desk was a little rude at check in saying to co-worker she's off and has a huge migraine during our payment.

The staff couldn't have been nicer.
    • Queen Room

My room was right next to the breakfast kitchen so it was noisey very early in the morning. I was woken up two mornings at 6:30.

The staff couldn't have been nicer.

Clean and comfortable
    • Queen Room

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

Very clean and loved the decor. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice and clean. They even took me to the airport at 430am.

It was Okay
    • Queen Room

My room was on the pool side so it was pretty noisy often. Thought it was way too expensive. It was a nice average hotel near the airport but you couldn't walk anywhere. Parking garage is not made for larger cars who take the compact spots.

The night staff when I got there were very friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and clean. Good breakfast selection.

Meh...
    • Queen Room

Well, the staff didn't provide a map for the property and gave inconcise directions to the room. They also quoted me a higher rate than what was advertised, which I found out later. They also charged my card for more than what they quoted. Probably will avoid this place in the future.

Location mostly.

good
    • Executive King Room

The rooms a little small.

I like that they have 2 different kinds of pillows to use. Soft and firm. Love that they have both microwave and refrigerator.

More info necessary
    • Queen Room

The rooms are quite small for a queen bed. The drapery does not close all the way, limiting privacy. The pool is located on the far end of the property away from the main lobby and rooms. There are no restroom facilities near the pool which made it very inconvenient to change and use the restroom. We called for a shuttle back to the hotel (which we were encouraged to do) but it took 3 phone calls before we were actually picked us. We waited for 1 hour. Very disappointing!

Breakfast was great! Rooms were clean. Housekeeping left a friendly "Enjoy your stay" message on the paper pad next to the bed. Were offered a shuttle to and from Old Town. The service was great to Old Town

a decent place to rest your head.
    • Executive King Room

The parking is not free, and most of the parking spaces were for compact cars. The problem is all of the compact cars were in the regular spaces, leaving us stuck with the compact spaces, which my car didn't fit in. I was really disappointed in this, and the staff didn't seem too empathetic about it. The room also smelled pretty musty.

The free breakfast and wifi were great.

Our plain was delayed and when we found out I called the...
    • Queen Room

Our plain was delayed and when we found out I called the hotel to let them know we would be late. A few hours later before 8:00 pm I called the hotel back to let them know our flight was cancelled and we would not be there at all and was told we would still be charged. I realize the call came after the normal cancel time but hoped because it was out of our control there would be some lenience. I won't book this hotel again Terri Bellingham Travel

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great shuttle service

The location, on the cusp of a residential area so no where to walk, not comfortable in the area to walk around at dusk. Also busy with traffic, front faces main street with lots of traffic and back faces major highway with constant traffic.

The shuttle service. All the men who drove the van were helpful and courteous. They were always available, picking us up at airport, dropping us off at cruise ship and all the day trips we planned between. Excellent service, excellent helpful drivers. The breakfast area was always well stocked, clean and never crowded. Basic menu that most hotels have but very good. Pleased. I would recommend hotel based on excellent shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

150$ is too much for this

Right next to freeway, noise is constant. Beds are quite hard. Strange smell in room and bathroom. Parking is not free, it costs 10$/day.

Easy parking, near Old Town. You can easily walk there. Shuttle option to airport. Breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Disappointing stay
    • Executive King Room

They gave us "the best room in the hotel". It was awful. The noise from the highway was so loud that we couldn't sleep the first night and asked to change rooms. The second room (on opposite side of hotel) was better although I don't know how you call a room, without a sitting area, a suite just because it has s large tub! The other disappointing thing was the desk Manager told us when we first checked in that they have a van that will take us to old town, sea world etc... We took advantage of the ride to sea world and a ride to Old Town, tipping our driver well each time. When we received our bill, we were charged for each ride without any communication this would happen.

When we changed rooms, the bathroom was spacious. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Awesome awesome !!!
    • Executive King Room

Nothing I didn't like at all

Just a layover...but everything was excellent from calling the hotel to pick us up at the airport to the shuttle bringing us back to the airport...excellent...I would always recommend this property....and the shuttle runs later than most airport hotels...which helps a lot

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Wouldn't stay here again. Not worth the $.
    • Executive King Room

The room smelt funny & was right beside the highway. So it was loud & hard to get rest. The neighborhood is NOT one that you can walk around in. The hot tub looks big on the outside bit it's actually really small with no privacy. The pool wasn't heated & was really small. The shuttle only took u to a few places so had to pay for Uber driver.

That breakfast was included in hotel stay. Nice breakfast in a clean dinning room. The shuttle people are nice. It has a snack/drink area to purchase items.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Breakfast was great: cheese omelet and cinnamon sticky bun...
    • Queen Room

Smell in room. Wanted to open window but I was main floor and right outside office.

Breakfast was great: cheese omelet and cinnamon sticky bun and of course coffee. Just what I needed. Also loved the quick airport shuttle. I had an appointment at the airport to Get Global Entry access. So I was taken to airport and picked up by Fernando who was also great. Excellent service.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Last minute impromtu business trip

Parking was very tight and we were charged $10 a day. Don't believe I should have to pay for parking. Breakfast was poor--pretty much felt like processed microwavable breakfast.

The location was near Old Town and Downtown San Diego. Very convenient.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Exceptional

The Ladies at reception were extremely nice,my room was ready when I arrived at 10:00am. They arranged a taxi for me to shopping. I lovedevery minute of my stay

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Up the quality of the coffee.
    • Queen Room

Up the quality of the coffee. Bathroom OK nothing special. If you have to take the first shuttle in the morning as I did-- be prepared to ask for someone else to take you. They did accomodate on that score and given proximity to airport - made the plane on time!

Perfect place to go before a cruise.

Room was drab.

We were not only given a complimentary pickup at the airport, we were also given a complimentary drop off at our cruise ship the next day. It does not get better than that.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Good location - Awful beds
    • Queen Room

The elevator and bathroom floor smelled like they were cleaned w/a dirty mop. Some of the exercise equipment was not working. The bed was very uncomfortable. Not knowing in advance there was a heated pool.

Location Hours for Breakfast Heated pool Shuttle Parking

Very well run hotel
    • Queen Room

Five minute walk to Old Town very convenient. We had to leave at 5 AM for a 7 AM flight. Their shuttle arrived 10 minutes early and got us to the airport quickly.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Nice room and nice bed, but bad way of doing business regarding reservations and room charge.
    • Queen Room

I did not like that my card was charged before I even got to the hotel. Usually I can choose which card is charged upon check-in. The staff argued that my card was not "charged" the money was on "hold". Didnt really matter the money still was not available in my account. I had never experienced a system this way. It was a reason I may not stay at a Holiday Inn Express again.

The bed was very comfortable and blanket warm. Room decor was nicely appointed.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

The pancake machine and the morning eggs were a treat.
    • Queen Room

We were right on the freeway ! The noise level was annoying . The nice outdoor area was unappealing because of freeway noise.

The pancake machine and the morning eggs were a treat.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Thanks so much! Please invite me to stay again anytime and I will be there!
    • Queen Room

The staff was very helpful and very kind. It was amazing to wake up to a wonderful free breakfast and shuttle to the airport. The driver was a super cool guy. I will deffinetly be using this holiday inn in the future!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Good... unless you need to sleep at night!
    • Queen Room

Location! Good hotel unless you need a restful night's sleep. First, it is adjacent to I-5 (practically on top of it) - so a constant hum of traffic until a truck or motorcycle comes by, then LOUD! Next to the freeway is the main train track, so locomotive horns every time they approach a crossing, every block around there. Lastly, the airport runway is next in line, so aircraft engines blasting for takeoff and for braking during landings, until the wee hours of the night and early mornings. You don't need an alarm or wake up call here because you'll hardly sleep.

Location! Close to beautiful Old Town and the airport. Newer, modern property and thus good amenities (nice room, bed, TV, refer, Wi-Fi, bathroom) - very clean. Convenient shuttle services.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

AMAZINGLY ACCOMMODATING
    • Queen Room

I can't remember a location I've EVER encountered where accommodations have been better. The staff is EXCELLENT....care about your needs and AIM TO PLEASE.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Very enjoyable stay.
    • Queen Room

WIFI bit unreliable when using Viber as phone, We are from Australia where internet and wifi very fast and good No other complaints.

Really liked the room and facilities very relaxing,my wife wasn't well but staff great , let me take Breakfast back to room to her.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Last hotel in our stay was the best!
    • Executive King Room

Shutter to airport could have gone a little sooner in the morning. It was tight to get to the gate.

The desk people were terrific! Used the shuttle service for great convince.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Staff told me twice that there was no room on their shuttle...
    • Queen Room

Staff told me twice that there was no room on their shuttle back to the airport (so I paid for an Uber ride). Then the shuttle driver asked if I wanted a ride. They really need to get their act together.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Great base to see everything San Diego has to offer
    • Executive King Room

10 lane freeway, railway line and international airport located right beside the hotel. You get to hear all these as background noise at night whilst trying to get to sleep.

Free shuttle service to and from hotel. Fridge, microwave and safe in room. Super comfy beds and pillows

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

The location, near the airport.
    • Queen Room

Your billing/bookkeeping system. I reserved the room using my Visa card, but checked in with Mastercard, because I wanted to keep expenses on one card. I was told could not do that, that there would be a hold on both cards, double billing. Fortunately I did bring my Visa card so was able to settle that. But I have never run into this "issue" before. I've stayed at other hotel properties before and have never encountered this problem before. In fact they were most accommodating. This is the first time I've tried Holiday Inn because of its very close location to the airport and just needed "down" time before travelling on. It seems to me that no matter how the bill is settled the issue of how its settled should not matter and if I decide to pay cash or use a different credit card it should not matter as long as the bill is paid. I am amazed that a national company is unable to handle the transaction. How long does it take to process a credit card. Of course this will not stop me from staying at another Holiday Inn, because overall it was a good experience, but certainly something should be done with your accounting/ computer system. Currently it sound rather archaic and needs to be brought up to date.

The location, near the airport. The free breakfast and parking.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
    • Queen Room

I can't think of anything.

The staff was very friendly. It was nice to have the shuttle too. We loved the free breakfast and the rooms were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Very nice and accommodating staff
    • Queen Room

Right next to the freeway and close to airport. Our window was freeway side.

Very nice front desk. Welcoming and provides shuttle service to downtown and airport.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The staff were extremely helpful and the shuttle to the...
    • Executive King Room

Our room overlooked the freeway so we could hear constant traffic noise. Breakfast is served on styrofoam with plastic cutlery - this must all end up in a landfill and seemed very environmentally unfriendly and wasteful. Would plates and dishwasher be very inconvenient?

The staff were extremely helpful and the shuttle to the train was great it made the rest of the city very accessible. Free parking too.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Clean, centrally located, accomodating staff.
    • Executive King Room

The pillows were very lumpy and hard. It is a good think the windows were double windowed or we probably wouldn't have gone to sleep. The one think we got at the stack bar was out of date and tasted terrible.

We liked the location. We really like that they had a shuttle bus to Old Town. Our room was very clean. The people were very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Mexican food from cafe coyote,
    • Room Selected at Check-In

the price on booking doesn't include all of their taxes.

Mexican food from cafe coyote, friendly staff, the transportation to the zoo, seaworld and the airport. Washing machine inside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Front desk staff very helpful in finding nearby late night...
    • Executive King Room

Noise from highway and airport very noticeable in room. Not a restful night's sleep.

Front desk staff very helpful in finding nearby late night dining options. Even offered use of shuttle.

Good budget place to stay for short stop over. Wonderful filling breakfasts.
    • Queen Room

The bathroom was quite dated and didn't appear inviting. The main curtains had to be pinned together to maintain privacy from others walking pass the room outside.

The weekend breakfast was very well presented with many selections. I was in California visiting my elderly Mom, who passed away two weeks later. and each night as I returned to the hotel, someone from the main desk would boil water for me to have a hot beverage before returning to my room. Thanks, that gesture meant a lot to me.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Excellent location, great sound proofing and secure parking too.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was a little lacking but that's just because i'm used to continental and fry up from holiday inn's in the UK.

I felt like it was the best place for getting to the expo center, the gaslamp quarter and everything else like the zoo and sea world. Excellent location, good sound proofing too considering it's right next to the I5. Bed's were really comfortable and staff were really friendly and helpful. Great little shop aswell in reception to pick up water and sweets etc.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Best of the Best in SAN Diego.

The accommodations were wonderful but BEST was the Staff especially Jose and the night helpers. ALEX was the best of all He drove the shuttle, is a perfect gentleman and all around fine fellow. If the world had more Alex's, there would be less troubles.