Reviews of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Providence Airport 3 stars

1940 Post Road, Warwick, 02886, USA

#12 of 17 hotels in Warwick

We had a great time and will return in the future.
    • Queen Guest Room

There isn't a restaurant on the property so, no room service. There is however, a very nice Italian restaurant nearby (within walking distance) and a good pizza place just north of the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was great with much variety.

This hotel is conveniently located next to TF Green (PVD) Airport yet we were never bothered by the airplane traffic! The room was big enough and the TV and bed were great. The staff was friendly and accommodating and there's a very nice bar on the property.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Stayed overnight to catch an early morning flight.

We had to drop our rental car off and the person at the desk gave me her card and told us to call when we needed a ride back to the hotel. I did and they came right away! Great Service. The hotel is right around the corner from the airport. They had breakfast out at 6:30 am and the ride was there at 6:45 to take us to the airport.

Great location close to the airport. Perfect for business travel.
    • Double Queen Room

The location is so close to the airport you can walk. Looks like the property has been recently renovated, so the rooms were clean and the beds are very comfortable.

Room worked out very well with roll in bed , Staff accmodating, Breakfast lousy, Great value for $

Sunday Complementary breakfast. Premade Omelette was horrible, scrambled eggs cold and watery, sausage so-so. Food Not up to Marriott Brand standards. Orange juice was great beyond expectations

Roll In bed.

Classy place and very comfortable!

I think they should offer breakfast until at least ten. Didn't like the early hours. It would be nice if they had sandwiches or something so you don't always have to order out or leave.

They have really upgraded this property. I didn't get to try the breakfast because the bed was so comfy! I didn't want to get up! Very nice place.

1. I was charged for more than agreed amount (booked through...

1. I was charged for more than agreed amount (booked through booking.com) 2. Desk person confirmed that they would use my Marriott reward points against this booking but they didn’t. 3. Room had very bad small. I complained at desk but it wasn’t taken care of. Overall bad experience.

I expected more for a +$200 per night room.
    • Queen Guest Room

The staff wasn't very friendly. People in the neighboring rooms were disturbing the peace past midnight. I had to wake up early the next morning for a flight. The carpet was torn in the room. No complimentary water... So I had to buy an overpriced one for 6 bucks.

The bed was soft and check in was easy. The breakfast had many options. I liked how close it was to the airport.

Rating...
    • Queen Guest Room

We did not receive the room that we had reserved. We reserved a Queen bedroom and received a two bed bedroom. The receptionist was rude and did not explain things very well.

The room was nice and the surroundings were nice as well.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very short

Need better lighting for putting makeup on!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was Good

Didn't get the room advertised online

nice , clean good selection for breakfast

Everything😄

Nothing.... everything was more than expected...loved the place

Everything😄

After telling the front upon arrival and departure they looked at me and said sorry. I wish now tha
    • Queen Guest Room

My refrigerator was full of food and I had requested to have early check in and it dirty when I got there

Bed was nice and comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Very nice, but the bathroom shower doors flooded no matter which way the door was adjusted.

Thought it was closer to Newport then what was told to us on the phone.

Clean.

The pillows were very comfortable.
    • Double Queen Room

The room didn't have a microwave and I had to go to the lobby to heat something up.

The pillows were very comfortable.

Very good

The sink out of the shower.

Very clean, very good staff.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

They were very accommodating. Even took us to the airport!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

The first night the floor was a little noisy because our door was near and exit door which everyone was using because the elevator was out.

the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

Staff was courteous.

See above

Staff was courteous. Great value for the money. However, they were upgrading the computer system while I was there and two separate individuals came to room 428, inserted their keys, and tried to get in long after I had gone to bed. This was disconcerting to say the least.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

The staff were very friendly & helpful the room was...

The staff were very friendly & helpful the room was clean and comfortable the breakfast was also very good, we would certainly stay ther again when in the area

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The front desk checked me in the room 428 exactly 10:30 pm .

The front desk checked me in the room 428 exactly 10:30 pm . ...2:30 am somebody banging in my door and open it, yelling at me and said I don't supposed be there cuz that room showed empty and clean in the computer and nobody check in that room. Im still sleeping , confused and surprise with everything is happening and didn't answer what the guy , blue shirt, out side my door ask me ..." What time you check in? How you got here? " " you not suppose be here!! You have to leave now!!!"call the front desk right now!!" I said " ok , I'll ! Front desk call to my room and I ask what is go on , ? She ask my last name and said is they fault , the front desk guy make a mistake to put me in that room , bla bla, my apologies and bla!!! And next morning my girlfriend and I woke up early and leave , then they give me half price for that!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

Bed was comfortable, it was quiet, check in and out was easy.

The bathtub had a leaky faucet and I hated that the sink wasn't in the bathroom. I felt like I had no privacy to take care of personal hygiene.

Bed was comfortable, it was quiet, check in and out was easy.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Wonderful beds, linens, pillows.

Wonderful beds, linens, pillows. Generous breakfast, friendly, helpful staff. Definitely a winner, especially for the cost. 🌞 A very quick free shuttle ride to a d from airport.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

The place was convenient to where my conventions was.

I got locked in my room..I was not happy. the maintenance man came very fast. but I was not thrilled at how the staff was so matter of fact about it.. when the door got opened i looked at the edge of the door and it showed that it was not the first time that door had been locked. It was a disgrace. I was concerned for th enext person that went into that room and i asked a few times if they did fix the lock and they said well they must have we have someone in that room now..not comforting at all.

The place was convenient to where my conventions was. Accommodations were fine.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

I liked the proximity to airport, shuttle, cleanliness, and...

Properties near hotel need rehab.

I liked the proximity to airport, shuttle, cleanliness, and helpful staff. Since the rental car facility rolls up the sidewalks at night this made our late night flight much better. Thank you to your wonderful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

Very convenient hotel to stay in, when you have an early...

Very convenient hotel to stay in, when you have an early flight from PVD. Shuttle is a great convenience, but please tell customers when they reserve their room, that the hotel shuttle is RED (shared with the Sheraton.)

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

Able to leave my car while traveling.

Only one receptionist at the desk when I arrived and he had to take phone reservations as well as check me in. I waited a bit too long to receive the attention of the receptionist. Someone was smoking on the no smoking floor I was on. Odorous.

Able to leave my car while traveling. Shuttle driver professional. Enjoyed the breakfast provided and the cheerful worker who was the breakfast preparer. I liked the 3 complimentary morning papers.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

on checkin were given a room on first floor.

on checkin were given a room on first floor. Smelled of cigarette and worn carpet.Complained and was moved to the top floor. Much better. Felt clean and fresh

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

My room mattress was a bit saggy although I have stayed hear...

My room mattress was a bit saggy although I have stayed hear in the previous 30 days and other room mattress was like new. may be in upgrade transition.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Tub was nice.

Outside was a little dirty and parking was a bit difficult. Breakfast could have been less boxy.

Tub was nice. Lobby and hall area was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

Beds are pretty comfortable, and bathrooms are clean.

Many times, the rooms smell of smoke, when it should be non-smoking. Check-in sometimes takes a bit long when only one person is on staff.

Beds are pretty comfortable, and bathrooms are clean. Tub drains could probably be flushed more often, but overall good experience.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

Quick check in

it was easy to see that there were many vacant rooms and our room was uncomfortable. The pillows were hard, came only with 2 towels and our air/ heat was very loud and would go on and off every few minutes. In the morning, children woke us up by screaming and running down the hall. There was no ice machine/ any type of vending except for the first floor. Wifi was EXTREMELY spotty and would not stay connected long enough to watch anything. Breakfast did not include much!!

Quick check in

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

It was clean, easy to locate.

The bed was really hard (we're used to temperpedic at home) and we were not told that we needed to turn the heat on in our room, so the first night we barely slept because under the covers was hard and hot (great blankets lol) and it was freezing outside of them (granted it was about -5 out). The breakfast existed, but they had 1 option for gluten free, which was these egg pattie things that were yellow disks of I have no idea what, that tasted like nothing. My husband had the belgian waffle, and it upset his stomach. The staff in there was also talking bad about other people that had been in there before us really loudly across the room.

It was clean, easy to locate. There wasn't much noise from other rooms till the last morning. They offer assistance at the desk for food/transport, and most of the staff were really nice.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2016

Man at the front desk when I checked in was very friendly...

The room was a bit cold got me a little sick but overall was fairly comfortable

Man at the front desk when I checked in was very friendly spoke to him for a few minutes and was very pleased with the service overall

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

Breakfast included

1. When I checked in the girl at the desk was eating (food all over the desk) and talking on her cell phone. I felt like I was interrupting. No pleasant greeting ,seemed bothered I interrupted her. 2. Arranged for airport transportation at 6:10 am , arrived at 6 am, desk agent said he'd be back in a few minutes , at 6:15 I asked where the van was and he tried to contact driver, no response. At 6:30 I TOLD desk Clerk to call a Cab, At 6:33 van showed up.

Breakfast included

• Reviewed: 17 December 2015

I needed a wake up call and then a shuttle to the airport.

I needed a wake up call and then a shuttle to the airport. Both were gladly supplied at my time. The room was clean and neat. I was very comfortable for the night. I would readily stay there in the future.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2015

My booking got seriously messed up cuz I edited my date of...

My booking got seriously messed up cuz I edited my date of travel and you guys didn't tell my destination so I got charged for a day I didn't spend there and now I'm batteling with my bank to fix it.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2015

Bed was comfortable, breakfast was good

Room stunk of cigarette smoke, room was dirty my clean feet after showering were dirty in five mins! Leaves all over the floor both inside and outside of room!

Bed was comfortable, breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

The staff was awesome, friendly and very helpful

The room could have been a little better maintained. The bathroom door would not stay closed and there were smudges on the tabletops

The staff was awesome, friendly and very helpful

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Fairly good breakfast though it was in a small room and...

One check in clerk who was overworked with lines of people to check in. Was the only motel/hotel that wasn't solidly booked and a last chance. Room was very small and not worth the price paid. A general remodel is very much in order.

Fairly good breakfast though it was in a small room and crowded.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Breakfast was awesome.

We think there was a pet in the room prior to our stay.

Breakfast was awesome. We had a small issue with the room and the staff was incredibly attentive to our needs.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

I liked the bed the most it was very comfortable.

we did book our room that day, but I didn't like the fact that the room was so expensive for not the best quality hotel and they wouldn't accept discounts.

I liked the bed the most it was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Clean and comfortable.

I would have liked a refrigerator in the room. I had to bring in a foam cooler because I have medications that need to be refrigerated.

Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great! And the staff were pleasant and helpful. Especially the breakfast crew. I wish I knew some of their names but the woman who was making the waffles was wicked sweet to me and my young son.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

The staff was friendly and courteous.

The bathroom had a bit of an unpleasant odor. There were visible signs of what appeared to be mildew around the upper parts of the wall where the walls and ceilings met. Small flying insects gathered around the lights over the sink.

The staff was friendly and courteous. The complimentary breakfast with waffles, coffee, juice, breakfast meats, etc. is a plus.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

Convenient to airport.

Chair missing cushions. Drain stopper broken. No response after first report. Room not cleaned one day of stay. Room humid.

Convenient to airport. Quiet. Easy parking.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

your friendly working gals in the breakfast kitchen.

no bad experience of any kind

your friendly working gals in the breakfast kitchen. I left 'em a big tip. Very friendly, helpful, chatty, cheerful gals.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

Took long to check in, staffed poorly, bathroom lock...

Took long to check in, staffed poorly, bathroom lock non-existent, safety light in hall hanging by wires, no digital TV, signal poor. Nothing upgraded to modern.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the bed was...

There was some kind of motor running in the ceiling that was annoying, but faded into the background because we were tired. Probably only a problem on our floor.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

The staff were friendly, andthelocation very convenient fora...

Some parts of the hotel were a little dingy, probably given its age; for example, there were stains on the carpet and dust gatheredi the fabric of the box spring. Room information (about hotel bar, etc.) was out of date.

The staff were friendly, andthelocation very convenient fora latearriving flight. There is a bar/restaurant just down the street, an easy walk.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

Friendly staff, very comfortable beds and a good location.

Needs upkeep and some sound proofing. Could hear people talking in the parking lot outside our window.

Friendly staff, very comfortable beds and a good location. Plenty of parking and free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

Location to the airport.

It would have been nice if they had onsite food later in the day and long term parking for travelers.

Location to the airport. Responsible staff who provided great service. The include breakfast was a great improvement over airport food.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

I was traveling with birds which can make things more...

The ice bucket cover wasn't clean but since I didn't use it it didn't affect my stay at all.

I was traveling with birds which can make things more difficult but I had no problems with this hotel. Staff was very friendly and courteous even when I had to change the dates of my stay at the last minute due to weather. Price was affordable even with the added pet charge. I'm originally from the area so location was convenient for all the events I was going to. Multiple pillow options were provided which was nice.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2015

Breakfast was ok, just needed heating up more.

Have a poor hospitality status as a incident happened to a member of my party. No provisions made for guests room bound from a blizzard for meal options. Everyone took extra from the only meal they served. They should offer something even if they sold it, knowing they were going to get a blizzard three days in advance! Nothing was done.

Breakfast was ok, just needed heating up more. Good variety of things to select from.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

everyone was very friendly & helpful!

it could have been cleaner & we could hear everything in the next room.

everyone was very friendly & helpful!

Beds were delightful.

Was really nice for the cost

Beds were delightful. Breakfast was good and staff very nice

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The bed a flees all over.

The bed a flees all over. Changed to a new room and it too had flees. Had to move to a new hotel in the middle of the night

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

Staff helpfull and accomodating.

Access and additional elevators

Staff helpfull and accomodating. Great morning b fast.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Great stay, most comfortable bed ive ever slept in.

Great stay, most comfortable bed ive ever slept in. Great room for a great price.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Breakfast was great!

Parking was terrible. Lot was too full.

Breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Ride to the airport

Slow Wi-Fi

Ride to the airport

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

Close to airport and restaurant.

No bacon

Close to airport and restaurant. Pleasant, courteous staff. Early breakfast (but no bacon). Great bed comfort.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Bed was very comfy and the breakfast was great!

Bed was very comfy and the breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Parking lot gets over crowed hard to find parking

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Hair on the sheets and pillow. Called for a new set, they forgot or didnt have enough pillow cases. Holes in the comforter. Hair in the tub

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

clean comfortable bed

clean comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Like the breakfast, good staff

Like the breakfast, good staff

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Good variety for breakfast, everything fresh and tasty.

No complaints

Good variety for breakfast, everything fresh and tasty. Rooms clean and well supplied. Desk staff friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2016

Location and price.

Hallways smelled like wet dog.

Location and price.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

How nice the staff and helpful they where

There was a lamp that didn't work

How nice the staff and helpful they where

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

Very clean and neat

Very clean and neat

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

It was quiet and close to airport with free shuttle services

Breakfast could have started a little earlier for those on early flights.

It was quiet and close to airport with free shuttle services

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

The bed was so soft n the tub was huge

The bed was so soft n the tub was huge

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

Quiet and clean with helpful desk staff and the amenities I...

Quiet and clean with helpful desk staff and the amenities I needed. Would stay again!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Room was fine.

Eggs are microwaved and too salty. Parking is an ongoing problem.

Room was fine. Nice fluffy pillows. The Waffle griddle is my favorite .

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.