Reviews of Comfort Inn Airport Grand Rapids 2 stars

4155 28th Street Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA

#12 of 33 hotels in Grand Rapids

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Heavy paint smell remained in 3rd floor room after recent remodeling. Kept window open all night to counter the odor. Probably should have demanded another room. Low-budget toilet didn't flush properly either. Located too far from Airport to honestly describe itself as an "Airport" facility. Three story hotel, but the only ice machine was on the first floor.

Shuttle service to-and-from the GR Airport was fine, but surprisingly, nearly 15 minutes away in traffic.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was absolutely nothing to dislike

The room was in excellent condition as to cleanliness and overall condition. The staff was helpful and very personable. The bathroom was spotless including the bath tile and grout which many times is discolored.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our bed was a little too firm. It also took longer than anticipated to get to our event for the evening.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms and hotel as a whole. We would stay again in the future.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that my card was charged an extra time (for one additional room) as a!fee that will drop off.

I liked that we were pretty loud and nobody ever came to quiet us down.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I could hear my neighbors talking and then snoring all night. Walls are not insulated for sound. Also, airport shuttle and parking are advertised but the additional cost for those services was not made clear.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was quite dark. Ice bucket was left with water in it several times

I ate only fruit & cereal and they were just fine. The bed was okay. The people at the front desk were really exceptional as was the breakfast staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet was a bit noisy when it was flushed but only lasted a short time.

The room was very clean and all the bedding was fresh. The shower was very good and there was plenty of towels.

staff at the front desk and dining area were without exception wonderful. maintenance of the room was very average. Ice bucket was never emptied..room was not vacuumed daily and the bathroom counters were not cleaned daily.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Extremely minor detail, but the TV/remote were so slow and the channels limited, that I ended up downloading netflix movie on my phone.

Bed and bedding were comfortable. Staff were very freindly

Check in staff didn't review any details of my reservation, tell me how to find the room or share any pertinent details about the property.

Free cookies. The powdered eggs were extra fluffy!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Two children running & screaming outside my door at 1:30 for an hour. Front desk did what they could but I was unable to get back to sleep. They discounted $20 from the bill. Thanks!!

I was so tired, it was great to have a pasta meal served on Wed. night

Refurbishment of hotel was very noisy. They should start after checking out all the customer. Slow check in. Shuttle bus was available, but was not mentioned in their HP.

Free coffee.

Paid way to much for quality and situation at the facility. First floor Pet rooms were not available. Construction in progress . Second floor was full of MS/HS sports team who were rude and diruptive for hours. Couldn’t get out of the building without walking thru cigarette smoke from people just outside the doors...even one of the side exits.

Breakfast was good!

Just a few small things. We stayed two nights and the second night our keys didn't work. It was a long trip back to the desk.. We had no hot water at our sink. Couldn't get a light bulb for our bedside lamp. Our room seemed a little small. The luggage cart barely fit in the room. If you pushed it in, there was no way to get around it to unload it. Need to pull it in.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Breakfast staff lady was very nice and friendly. She kept everything stocked and clean. The room was updated. We will stay again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't like walking through people smoking right outside the front door - that was more of the guests fault, not the hotels.

Beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was perfect with the eggs and turkey sausage as a healthy option! Loved the cozy fireplace in the foyer.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very industrial strength, but the staff was cordial.

No frills, but everything worked and staff was friendly. The beds were firm, and it was quiet. What more does one need?

Had trouble with heater the first night. turned it off and tried it again the next day and it worked ok. We let the front desk know about it and they planned to check it out.

Beds were very comfy. Room was very clean.

The waffles were yucky. Tasted like the batter was spoiled.

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was nice, a lot of choices. Coffee was tasty. I forgot my very expensive pillow in my room and was able to get it back.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The best staff ever - the welcome at front desk was excellent. The room was spacious and spotless. The hotel was near some reasonable/excellent shops and restaurants. Great value

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was not clear how to book the park and ride feature on the booking.com website. I had to correct my reservation at check in.

The park and ride option for the airport is a wonderful perk! They do limit parking though so if you want a long term parking solution this may not be it.

The room was dark. The carpet was stained. The doors had dents and chips. The walls needed painting. In general, the room needed a refresh.

The breakfast was fine.

Had better breakfast at other compfort inns. Not much to pick from. Same breakfast everyday. Rooms small. Card was charged day it was booked when I told them I wanted to pay cash when I arrived. The clerk on Friday did not help explain my points for a free room or give me the website. I won't stay there again

Beds were comfortable

Minor things that got outnumbered by the positive things and staff this hotel offered.

Great place, very very comfortable king size bed, super awesome, friendly, and helpful staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It rained hard in the evening and water came in around our window and along the ceiling. We had to change rooms at about 10:30 pm.

The breakfast was very good.

Difficult to find a parking spot at times. There were 6 or so spots that had cones set in front of them for some reason.

Great breakfast. Lots to choose from. Eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, bagels, yogurt, granola, cereal, etc.

See anove

Non smoking room but Very stained carpeting Barking dog next door quieted once we pounded on the wall since the Desk did not answer when I called to complain. Since stains on carpet were not burn marks, we assumed they were animal stains

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk agent was rude. She was very short and unfriendly. (Night staff) Towel hook in bathroom was falling apart. Room felt dusty. Breakfast was good.bed was comfy

Given that we were there 5 mornings, it would have been nice to have a little variety in the hot breakfast..maybe pancakes and bacon, or biscuit gravy.

Bed was very comfortable and despite the hotel being very full, it was very quiet.

The room was a little small and difficult to maneuver with 2 people and luggage. The Bathroom was very clean and nicely updated, but also very small - only room for 1 person standing at the vanity.

The King bed was very comfortable, and the room and bathroom were nicely updated. The breakfast was great and had plenty of options. Being pet friendly is always a plus, and the staff members were very nice.

was overrun with very loud 10 year olds there for a hockey tournament...had breakfast area turned into a hockey rink at 8 PM...very loud...parents in reception area drinking...somewhat loud...very crowded...breakfast area very crowded

breakfast was good...see below

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Clean, friendly and easy to access. The staff was eager to please and took care of our needs. Breakfast was delicious and the hostess was very helpful.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

You need better hanicap parking and allocations for people with wheelchair ramp vans. I parked in 2 spots just to get out of my van and to make sure no one parked me in. After 12hr trip i was not happy.

Shower handle fell off and the lighting wasn't very good. Bed was a little soft. The iron and ironing board were awful, couldn't use them, fortunately, I brought a personal steamer.

Room was clean, large bathroom vanity

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The second time we stayed the elevator was not working. We checked in just before midnight and the desk clerk was on the phone to have a repairman come out. We carried our own luggage up to the 3rd floor but they had offered to do that for us. By morning the elevator was working.

The beds were very comfortable. The room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. It was nice having a good breakfast included with lots of variety to choose from.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing strikes me as something I didn't like.

The fitness room and the continental breakfast were great. I really liked that coffee was available at all times.

room smelled musty, hotel is out dated, breakfast area can not accommodate large groups of guests

bed was comfortable, staff was friendly, especially breakfast staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were granted a 1:00 late check out which we greatly appreciated. However to our surprise when we returned to our room at 12:50pm (just to pick up already packed bags), our room key/card no longer worked. We had to find someone to let us into the room just to pick up our luggage. I forgot to take a picture but the bottom of the mirror in the bathroom was literally taped to the wall. You could clearly see the tape (Room 313)...made us very uncomfortable every time we were in the bathroom. You just felt that it could fall off the wall and someone could get injured.

Room was very comfortable and the location was very convenient from the expressway, shopping and restaurants. Staff gave us bottle water upon check in and were very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to struggle to get the microwave door open. The shower head was awful. My husband said it had water coming out of only a few holes.

Great location for shopping, airport and proximity to I96. It was a great bargain for the price! Quiet and clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled. It was something that you got used to after a minute, but still. The free breakfast is the same as other hotels free breakfasts. Mediocre at best. If you want to stand out from the crowd, step up the free breakfast. Coffee was good tho.

The staff was friendly and gave us a complementary water bottle upon checkin. This is the first place that has done that for us, without having to be in some type of member program. The room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. It is located near a mall. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants all around.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I found this hotel to be an excellent choice. Staff was professional and friendly. Room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Hotel rate was excellent, breakfast was good. Parking wasn't a challenge, plenty of room to park and great area with tons of shopping places and dining.

Not enough direct light to read in bed. Toilet kept running all night. Hole in wall under window by the baseboard. Cover on AC unit broken.

Close to airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1) If multiple charges will be used to pay for the room, the ability to have that process pre-authorized and recorded at check-in does not exists so that the automated checkout process is much smoother. Instead, my room mate and I had to credit the card holding the room charge and reissue the charge on 2 separate credit cards. At first, the desk clerk said this couldn't be done when I specifically asked for this at the time of check in. So I pre warned them at that time. 2) On the next day of our stay, the room keys needed to be reconfigured. They would not work when returned later in the day around 8:00 pm. It was already setup for a two night stay. Just an inconvenience especially when I had to wait 10 minutes for the desk clerk to come back after, what it looked like, collecting laundry for housekeeping. The desk needs to be manned at all times.

Not a coffee drinker. The breakfast bar is open at 6:30 on Sat-Sun, needs to be opened earlier (for the hot food as a matter of speaking)

Shuttle was a disappointment both to and from the hotel. It wasthe reason we booked there, so that would make me reconsider next time I book a room in the area.

Nice, comfy bed. Quiet for sleeping.

The coffe maker was in the bathroom. I would have preferred it be in the room but it might have been felt that the space did not lend itself to placement in there. The window drape hung over the air conditioning vent and impeded the flow of cool air. The breakfast room seemed crowded; when we entered, I hurried to the last available table. Turnover was quick, however, so I don't think anyone waited very long for a table.

The property was close to the attraction we visited. After checking in there was welcoming table with iced lemon water and coffee. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was included and hot and cold selections were available. The staff made sure there were plenticul amounts of everything. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Remodeling mess. Couldn't make long distance phone call. Clerk had no idea what was wrong. No pool. Price pretty high for the minimal facilities.

Comfortable chairs, bed, pillows. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I'm not really a fan of two double beds in a room. Two queen-size would have been better.

Great location at a reasonable price. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

I asked for a 4:30 AM wake up call. I also tried to set the alarm which did not work as I followed the directions on the clock. The clock did not let me sent a time.....The hotel did not call me on the phone. They said they did call me and also knocked on the door. I did not hear either and have never slept thru an alarm or phone call in my 82+ years. I do not believe them. WHAT IF I HAD BEEN ILL OR DIED. WOULD THEY HAVE JUST LEFT ME FOR THE CLEANING CREW? It seems if someone sets a call for that early it is not for fun and that they want to catch a plane. I woke up at the time the plane was to take off. I took a 3 second shower, threw stuff into my suit cases and left. I told the elderly lady at the desk my problem and of course she said they had called. I asked for a ride to the airport and after some jokeking around by the drivers was driven to the airport. I was hoping the plane had been delayed as it was raining and that I might still make it. NO LUCK! I was able to catch another flight for over $500 for a one way ticket. It was important I get back to Tucson as I had guest coming for dinner from out of town as well as other responsibilities. The good thing the hotel did for me was to bring my glasses to the airport which I had left in the room. Another bad thing they did was I also left my gold earrings in the room. I called about them after I had received the glasses but did not get any word they found them. Their original cost was about $150. Needless to say I will never stay in another Uncomfortable Inn if they do not comp my room, pay me for the earrings and cover my plane cost.

2 baseball teams were there they were loud and busses took up lots of parking. 1 night could hear neighbors talking pool/hot tub would be nice when I booked room there was an option to ask hotel some questions - I never got answered

Pretty good. Breakfast great and location was perfect for the basketball tournament

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking lot was insufficient and not well lit. Night staff was horrible. My van was involved in a hit and run by one of the staff members Krista. My van was totaled. The staff member that was still on duty Kristina, obstructed justice when she refused to help the witnesses aid in anyway, And actually went out of her way to try and not have it reported and to not notify myself that my vehicle had been damaged. It wasn't until the police had been there for over 30 min that the hotel notified me after the police made staff Kristina call. Would not feel safe nor trust the honesty of the staff. This is very questionable clearly guests property is not of importance to this establishment.

The 1 Manager Kevin was kind.

We were told that we were on the first floor (because "that's all they had left" - which I'm sure means those are the rooms blocked for third party booking) but "the hotel was very quiet" and we shouldn't be disturbed. In reality, we were kept up all night by people talking loudly and stomping down the halls. Someone even tried to come into our room in the middle of the night. We come to GR to visit family and will never stay at this hotel ever again. It was not worth the money and the sleepless night before driving back home.

The staff we interacted with briefly were nice, despite telling us the hotel was quiet and we wouldn't have an issue being on the first floor right off the main hallway. This was totally not true.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. What we really didn't like was the lack of soundproofing in the walls. We could hear everything that went on in the room(s) next to us--their TV, their alarms, their phones ringing, them talking on their phones. We were pretty sure they could hear everything that was happening in our room as well. And, it would have been nice to have an ice machine on our floor, instead of having to down to the first floor.

The beds were comfortable, but it would have been nice to have a bit warmer blanket. The bathroom was very clean, the shower worked well. I liked that there was a mirror and counter outside the bathroom so that two people had enough space getting ready for the day. I liked that there was a fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only issue we had was how tight the covers on the bed are. It was very snug and hard to get comfortable (that is a personal choice though).

A great place to stay when you have to catch an early morning flight. Very friendly staff and shuttles to the airport that start at 4:30 am.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Like the staff very nice and they let gave us a nice and clean large room and they approved to let us check out late at 2 pm! I will recommend this property to friends and family for our next stay.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

We were told we'd have a park and ride situation and chose this hotel so we could park our car there while on vacation. When we arrive that is NOT the case. Shuttle is not running and we have to pay airport parking!!! Staff was indifferent and unsympathetic and unwilling to help us. We were very disappointed to say the least!

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room could've been cleaner! I always carry Clorox wipes for the remote & door handles & the remote alone took 3 wipes before it didn't turn black, literally! I understand working men/women stay here but housekeeping should really take an extra minute to disenfect the remote.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved joke of the day. LOVED someone brushing the snow off the vehicle in the morning!! Breakfast was excellent!! The weather report in the elevator was nice! The free bottle of water upon check in was really nice!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The heater was terribly noisy. Everytime the fan turned on/off it made an awful loud noise, it was difficult to sleep.

Staff was courteous and polite.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My cell phone was hacked while I was there. That was the first time my phone had ever been hacked!

I had an issue that the staff at the front desk was able to assist with (other than the phone being hacked). They were professional and friendly throughout.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet and furnishings are getting old and the room was smelly.

The bed was comfortable and the cookies were very nice. I like the tea and coffee in the lobby

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was a little unhappy about Booking.com as I had filtered my request for a park and fly hotel so that is what I thought I had bought from you. I check in and the guy tells me parking was not included and would have to pay $20 per day. I had to get parking at another hotel that was less money and have my husband drive to gr which is about an hour away from us and move my car from Comfort Inn to another place. Don't know that I will use your site again.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In spite of a couple of sports teams there, is was very quiet Food was Good and everyone was very friendly and helpful, since it was our first time in Michigan it helped a lot.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Couldn't get shampoo or cups for the room after four trips to the lobby. Kept saying the manager wasn't back yet. What front desk doesn't have extra shampoo. We never did get any.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Easy access to the highway.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

The look, smell,cleanliness, and the fact that there was loud music being played in the room below us before 6am

The front desk person who happily replaced a dead tv remote asap

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Wi-Fi network was not secure; no password needed. It could be accessed by anyone driving down the street. Card keys lost their code. Had to get card keys reprogrammed 3 times.

Beds were comfortable, room had a comfortable chair. Hot breakfast with eggs and sausage.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There really isn't an airport shuttle. Seems they use some other shuttle and had to call him. It was going to take him 45 min to get to the airport. I got an uber who was there in 3 minutes, and I was at the hotel in under 10 minutes.

Very clean, no funny smells. New bathroom fixtures. Big fluffy towels, nice crisp sheets. That's all I ask for.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevator is somewhat slow.

The breakfast is really nice. The hotel also provides free coffee and lemon-infused water 24/7. The room is nice and clean. The staffs are also very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The TV was awful!! Half the channels were not working - no reception. The TV guide in the room did not match the TV channels.

Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was good. Location was good - easy to find, close to the freeway, plenty of places to eat in the area.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Comfortable bed, good location, water upon arrival, friendly staff, breakfast very tasty and I loved the fact that you can make your own waffles in the restaurant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel room smelled stale. Like ot haddn't been refreshed in a great while. Even air out of the air conditioning was tired/stale.

The breakfast was EXCELLENT, well maintained and cheerfully, professionally served. . Maria should be well compensated she does a thankless job with great dignity & professionalism, & hospitality. She is a great credit to your organization. The bathroom was VERY CLEAN!! These two things are the primary reason why I'd recommend the hotel and return.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The workout facility was terrible. Old rickety treadmill, old rickety elliptical. The bike didn't work at all.

Staff was very friendly and the place was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

staff rude,breakfast terrible, bathroom in our room not clean and toilet would not flush, room keys did not work had to go back 3 times to get it to work , would not recommend to anyone awful !!!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was really comfortable. My first room had an odor but the guy at the front desk switch my room right away with no problem. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Is was easy and comfortable. It's obviously under some construction and upgrades so to be fair while it wasn't excellent it was goodt I appreciate that it is being improved. Friendly staff and good coffee!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

When I checked in the man at the front desk was extremely nice. I automatically appreciated the hotel more. Also, all of the cleaning staff was very polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was a bit outdated, but this didn't really effect anything.

The staff was extremely friendly, even when we arrived at 1:00 AM. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The room was also quite affordable and I felt it was worth my money.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

No Complaints.

The bed wa comfortable. The eggs were better than I've had at similar motels before. I liked the noon checkout and easily obtained a late checkout.