Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport 3 stars

#12 of 13 hotels in Latham

5.9

5.6

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

They said they had a crib available over the phone. Upon arrival they said they hadn’t had cribs in years. So hard to sleep with a baby that has no crib

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

I won't go back there.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The hotel is much in need of renovation. Peeling wallpaper, damage in the drywall, the door to my room required extra force to get it closed. There are no restaurants in walking distance. I made the mistake of handing in my rental car before checking in. Delivery food was the solution to that. Most other hotels near Albany airport are on Wolf Road, equally near the airport, and with a slew of restaurants on the same street.

The front desk people were very nice. The place was clean and quiet.

It was very very dirty.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It was very very dirty. Beds dirty, floor dirty, walls. I could not open the window and the room was smelling. Initially they give me a smoking room and I had to call twice to get another one...

Nice stay, clean rooms, close to airport, priced very well. Thanks

although clean, wash cloths had holes and tears, must have been overlooked during wash. Bathroom sink plug was out of adjustment not letting water drain (easy to fix). Toilet seat loose and toilet loose on floor mount (easy fix).

Great staff, service great, rooms were nice and clean.

Do. Not. Go. Here. #disgusting
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

It has roaches and other unidentified pests. I was placed in a room with broken locks, smelled like mold and it is disgusting. Carpets damp and nasty. Radiators rusted. I asked staff if the roaches were normal. He answered, " pretty much." It has no elevator.

Leaving this place.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I thought the all in one toothbrush toothpaste combination...

This location needs major work! This isn’t like any other 3 star hotel my family and I have stayed in. If I WASNT being charged so much to cancel I would of CANCELLED! MOLD, CEILINGS CRACKED, debris on the floor from the ceiling, breakfast is from 6 AM to 9 AM and there was no variety, only soggy waffles, Counter is not clean, the crumbs everywhere, dirty table tops sticky floors.

I thought the all in one toothbrush toothpaste combination was ok

Better experience than reviews would suggest!

Hotel is very close to a correctional facility, no public transportation available, confusing shuttle system, rooms could use a little renovation and some front desk staff not very helpful.

Friendly, helpful checkin Value for money I found my room was very clean Close to airport Perfect for one night stopover stay

3.5
    Property Should Be Condemned!!!

I rented rooms 212 and 224 - traveling with our adult children. This property should be condemned. Stained, missing ceiling tiles, entire property is filthy, old sheets, comforter, pillows. Air conditioning units in both rooms stunk. Room 212 has food left in the refrigerator and when opened the stench came into the room. Missing and/or damaged window screen, filthy windows. Room 224 - the ‘peep hole’ in the door was missing...so they stuffed a Kleenex into the hole. The rooms are definitely not worth $100/night (includes taxes)... Didn’t sleep because I felt like bugs were crawling on me.

When I actually left the hotel - only good thing about it.

The person whom checked us in was awesome.

The “shuttle” was 30 mins late picking us up, we almost missed out flight. They don’t have their own shuttle as I thought by the ad, it’s a taxi service.

The person whom checked us in was awesome.

It was available even for 1 am arrival

It was the only place available on a crowded weekend with graduations. Very dated property across from juvenile detention facility/

It was available even for 1 am arrival

First time here and it was great
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Some areas have a smell of cigarettes but not too bad.

The room was incredible. Very quiet, comfortable, clean, big. The location is great. Honestly, I did not expect Days Inn to be that good. It was my first time staying there, and obviously I'll come back whenever I'm looking for a cheap stay.

The facility served the purpose intended.

The staff on duty at check-in proved incapable of connecting incoming calls to my room. The wake-up call I'd arranged was never placed, so I got a few additional minutes' sleep. The breakfast options were limited and unimpressive.

The bed was comfortable and afforded a good night's sleep. The airport shuttle arrangements were convenient.

Bed was hard and awful infested with ants.

Bed was hard and awful infested with ants. Ton of dust everywhere and in the vents. Dry urine in back of toilet. Was disgusting. No hot food at breakfast. Would have been scared to eat anyway

Did not sleep at all
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Dirty, dated, dangerous..................waited 25 minutes to get hot water and another 10 for the rust to stop running through the pipes

Nothing to like

6.0
    Convenient. Doubt I’d stay again.

The rm was 66 degrees when we arrived at 1000 pm. It took a while to warm up. We were in Rm 123 and the rub was stoned and had a ring that looked dirty. The drive to the airport was in a cab in need of maintenance. The one sliding door didn’t work and it was grubby inside.

Bed was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly.

Horrible

Beds were horribly uncomfortable, housekeeping staff did not come to our room once in 4 days, when we asked the front desk to at least give us clean towels we were told they didnt have any

Affordable

Although convenient to the airport, I would be more comfortable in a more updated, cleaner motel.

This Days Inn is in need of a major update. There's mold on the bathroom ceilings, ceilings in bedrooms look as if there's been water damage, beds are very soft, and tub fixtures have gaps.

The front desk person was very friendly and professional -- he does a great job! The location to the airport is perfect -- very convenient.

Very friendly, helpful staff and good value

Booking.com information needs to be updated. The hotel does not have an airport shuttle. The staff do arrange for taxi service, however the service they kindly called for us was unreliable. (The staff ordered a taxi for a 4:15am pick up the night before and called two additional times to confirm in the morning yet the taxi still had not come by 4:30. We ordered a lyft and made it to the airport on time for our flights. )

Very friendly, helpful staff and good value

Perfect for what we needed. Inexpensive and convenient.

Kind of odd that the first 10 rooms we walked past, didn't have numbers on them.

Only stayed one night to catch an early flight. Ok for one night but wouldn't stay longer. They paid for a taxi rather than a free shuttle which we preferred.

It was a dirty, unpleasant experience except for the bed was comfortable and the hot tub relaxing.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

Housekeeping does not do their job there as this "hotel" is dirty, broken and smells. My wife had to clean hairs out of the hot tub before she could even use it. Housekeeping does not vacuum as we saw the same things all over the floor each day of our stay. Some rooms did not even have an actual sign stating the room number, they were however hand written! I even found an out of date fire extinguisher! The ceiling is dirty and definitely lacks cleanliness as a lot of the filters are filthy. There was a stain on a chair in the breakfast area and the microwave was dirty. Many of the windows were dirty and looked like they haven't been cleaned in a long time. There were stains on the carpet in the lobby and the hall to one of the stairways looked like someone started to remodel it however did not finish and it looked horrible. The stairways were not clean and showed evidence that housekeeping again does not do their job adequately there. The clock in our room did not work and I could not call the front desk because the button on the phone to do so did not work. When we turned the heat on it smelled like something was burning and set off the fire alarm! I found a fake plant covered in dust on the first floor and the pavement going out door 1 was in desperate need of repair. We found several of the hallway lights with cobwebs! Again lack of housekeeping doing their job! The staff was ok however the one gentlemen I complained to had the attitude of I'm sorry however we cannot do anything for you. I have since contacted Booking.com to obtain some sort of refund because we way overpaid for this dump. DO NOT STAY HERE! This place is where someone would bring a prostitute or their mistress. It is not family friendly and is not in a good location. Yes it is close to the airport and if all you are doing is sleeping to catch a flight I still would not recommend it. Do not waste your time with this place!

The bed was comfortable and the in room hot tub was nice however that is about it. I did like that Greek yogurt was available for breakfast. Nothing fancy for breakfast, the normal items such as waffles, cereal, Danishes, bagels, toast, juice and coffee.

Tiara saved the day.

Windows on doors at entrances were dirty. Musty smells.

Tiara, the desk clerk, was wonderful. Our first assigned room smelled. Tiara got us another room. She helped me access the WiFi. When the bolt to the the door wouldn't the work, after she laughed at our makeshift protection using ironing board, heavy suitcase and customer armed with iron, she allayed our fears. Your Tiara deserves a crown!

We decided to stay overnight here instead of commuting to...

We missed the continental breakfast, but that was our own fault because we scheduled such an early flight and the breakfast wasn't open yet.

We decided to stay overnight here instead of commuting to the airport in the early morning hours. The location is so convenient to get to the airport, we were thrilled with their FREE shuttle to and from the airport and surprised that we were able to leave our vehicle in the parking lot for a week at NO CHARGE. It made our week away (vacation)..stress free!

If you dont have a lot of money to spend, its an ok stay.

I used the directions on Booking.com and they sent me 23 miles out of my way! Also, the drinks vending machine was being repkaced so it was a thirsty night with no water. The property looks tired. The tub in my room looked like simeone look a pickaxe to it and the faucet dripped.

The staff was super nice!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Do not stay here

The place was dirty smelled like stale cigarettes and dirty ashtrays. The bed was falling apart. The carpets were filthy and there was a chipmunk running around the area where the "free breakfast" (cereal and coffee) was kept

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

A male employee laughed at me when I registered a complaint at the front desk.

The lack of elevator; steps to second floor were filthy dirty. The door to our room did not fit flush and there was a hole in the wall where the door knob hit. Burn holes in bed spread. Room 200

I liked that it is close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Billy and Joel were exceptional.

No cable channels. No camera in the stairways , and that is needed especially if there is no elevator.

Billy and Joel were exceptional.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

We had a better than expected stay and would stay there again.

We were pleased with our stay.

The beds and bathroom were super-clean.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Ok

Breakfast not til 6 am... difficult for early flight

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Um. It was a room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I asked for a non smoking room. My room had an ashtray with ashes in it. All of the rooms smell like smoke

Um. It was a room

Cigarette smell

Cigarette smell

Close to airport

Very old and in poor condition. They have started to renovate some rooms but my room was in very poor condition

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Bed was decent
    • King Room - Smoking

Tv didn’t work. Black mold in the bathroom

Bed was decent

Adequate for getting to the airport

Shuttle was late, but ok for us. Others waited longer.

Close to airport, shuttle included.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Location and facilities.

Location and facilities. Clean, quiet, near walking/ biking trails

Close to airport, FREE airport shuttle

Musty smell, dead bolt on door didn’t lock, older building and looked like it

Close to airport, FREE airport shuttle

better breakfast quality

better breakfast quality

Will not stay again.

Sheets were dirty when we arrived. There was food in the bed. The Hotel smelled of tobacco. The up keep was neglected.

It was adequate.

Refrigerator had no shelves. Window didn’t close and lock.

Convenient to airport

Arriving at airport take a taxi to Days Inn. The hotel pays for it. Older hotel but OK

Excellent value for the money. Actually somewhat surprising. Shuttle service offered by taxi: both in and out on time.

I'd give it a 5-star rating but unfortunately, the A/C was very loud

The A/C was very noisy. Room 116

Fast Access to the airport.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Doors are open to the street. Anyone could get inside.

Fast Access to the airport.

Need a while New make over.

Staff and location

bed and room was terrible

bed and room was terrible

Hotel is a bit run down but staff is friendly and room was clean

Pillows were skimpy

Nice
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

It was clean ,and staff was very friendly

Easy check in, courteous staff.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Easy check in, courteous staff. Nice room.

TERRIBLE

The rip off prices and the rooms plus no real breakfast

Good place to crash for one night.

Dingy, low quality bedding and towels, carpet needs upgrade.

Room was big.

Disappointed

Filled with the smell of smoke. Property not well kept. Almost looked abandoned

Close to the airport

I will stay there again for sure, but bring my own pillows.

The pillows were uncomfortable.

The room was clean, everything worked, and the employees were friendly and professional.

Needs updating and you must keep your windows clean.

Needs updating and you must keep your windows clean....

Craptastic Albany

Overnight front desk person could not have been less helpful. Needs a job and demeanor adjustment.

Day and evening staff excellent.

Nasty!!!

It was NASTY! Next to a prison and youth jail. Absolutely uncomfortable and filthy!!

It was close to the airport and had a free shuttle

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

It was reasonably cheap.

I get it that you don't pay your staff well bec. this person at the front desk had a small child with her while trying to check in people and handling the phone. - Not professional. The bed was comfortable but the room was very old. You can see the wall paper peeling, the door hanger was missing a screw, so it was only hanging on by only 1 miserable screw. There was no tissues in the room. (The tissue box was empty). The towels were dirty. The toilet rug was stained.

It was reasonably cheap. I guess, you get what you paid for. I get it. The staff was friendly and the shuttle driver was nice.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

The staff was very friendly, & the bed was very...

The building had a bad smell (halls had a distinct smell of urine and cigarette smoke), the toilet was broken & ran all the time, the tv remote did not work, no light bulbs in one of the lamps, no trash can in the room, breakfast offered had nothing but carbs. Some fruit and yogurt would have been great.

The staff was very friendly, & the bed was very comfortable. Our room did not have any bad smell (very important to me) and the heater/AC unit worked great and was quiet. The parking lot was very well lit and the motel was located in a great spot.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2016

When it was time to check out.

From the first moment when we were checking in and the attendant was on her cell phone. Our room door was wide open when we got there. The fire alarm had been ripped from the ceiling and there were just wires there. Used paper towels were left by the hot tub. The pillows on the bed were like throw pillows on a sofa not pillows for a bed. Breakfast was not ready when we were told it would be. Staff was not dressed so you knew they were staff. Generally disappointed with our entire stay.

When it was time to check out.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

The location.

The room was dirty - sheets on one bed were stained and had to be changed. Carpet had not been vacuumed - toilet was not running right - bathroom floor was dirty. There was a funny smell in the hallway. Ice machine wasn't working, had to go upstairs for ice.

The location.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Location and the person at the front desk, who was very...

The room was so dirty -- from the linens to the mold in the radiator, that we could not even stay. There were no other rooms so we left. The whole facility is very run down.

Location and the person at the front desk, who was very professional.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

It was close to the Albany Airport so it was convenient

I CALL IT BAIT AND SWITCH AND IT IS ILLEGAL I made a special reservation for a suite and after a long drive I was looking forward to a relaxing evening. Instead I was stuck in a small room with a sagging mattress. I was furious that my reservation request was totally ignored. I only went to that hotel because of that specific request and would have gone to a nice hotel if I had been informed that the suite that was available on line and I ORDERED, was not available when I arrived that evening. Dictionary definition of BAIT AND SWITCH.

It was close to the Albany Airport so it was convenient

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

The room we reserved wasn't available.

The room we reserved wasn't available. The room we were assigned was occupied and filthy. The only positive, Taylor at the front desk was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2015

The first room I was given there was no toilet seat.

There was an empty garbage bin left in the hall way and it was empty but not clean and it smelled like garbage. The carpet in second room was gross. Had sticky stuff on it and the room had not been dusted in a while.

The first room I was given there was no toilet seat. The young woman on the front desk gave me another room immediately. No big problem. In my second room I had a problem trying to get the television working and that was fixed immediately.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

nice guy at the desk

first room we went to was not made up, dirty sheets on the bed. second room was ok. security lock was broken, no ice machine on our floor or any other.

nice guy at the desk

• Reviewed: 2 December 2015

The ability to get a king smoking room.

No ash trays and no ice bucket. Staff provided a waste paper basket with a garbage bag. This place is a dive and needs a serious makeover.

The ability to get a king smoking room. The staff was friendly (Taylor) and tried to accomodate us.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Price

Mold on bathroom ceiling, dirty carpet, trash on grounds, missed wakeup call, WHAT A DUMP!, Cheap and convenient to airport, but not worth the savings!

Price

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

Very hard to find, staff was no help with directions, there was black mold all over the bathroom ceiling, bed was very hard and pillows very small. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Nothing!!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

There was a room across from me where there was a prostitute. They were playing music all hours and slamming their doors all night long. It also wasn't clean, the front desk staff wasn't even there when we got there. We waited for 20 minutes to even be checked in. We were put into a room with a broken window on the first floor and ended up switching rooms. It's also right next to a juvenile facility.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

Quiet hotel

When i enter the room i open the bathroom i see all sheet come up the towels Its looks bad and sheet smile all around room I asked them to chang the room not to clean becouse was very sheet She late for me make me late for 15 min to come and change the room

Quiet hotel

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

located near important roads and facilities.

Need 2 remotes to make TV work: one to turn on & another to change channel. Printed channel list didn't match reality & had fewer channels than on printed list. Front desk didn't know if broken ice maker had been fixed that week: said I'd have to check it myself. Ecological pgm in place provided 3 bath towels, one face towel & one wash cloth for both (not each) of us for 3 days. On Monday morning (7AM), breakfast room attendant asleep in breakfast room & coffee dispenser empty. Hallway needed vacuuming all 3 days we were there.

located near important roads and facilities. Incl continental breakfast. Good value. Room clean. Got room reassignment easily when handicapped wife couldn't walk up stairs to our assigned room (no elevator). Was a smoking room but did not stink. Nice carts for luggage available but only could be used on first floor (no elevator to upper floor)

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

The room smelled like stale cigarette smoke.

The room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. There was mold in the shower. Couldn't get my the WiFi to work, called the front desk and the girl was rude

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

The nearness to the airport was a big plus.

The hotel is NOT up to the Days Inn par. It seemed to be run down. There were broken handles in the room and spider webs under the sink. The hotel and our room had a strong, unpleasant odor and just felt dirty.

The nearness to the airport was a big plus. The bed was comfortable. The staff was helpful. We felt safe there.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

the location was close to what we wanted to see.

There were no curtains at all on the windows, only broken blinds. the hallway rug and the rug in our room was dirty, and the wallpaper in our room was peeling down off the wall.

the location was close to what we wanted to see.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

Location was convenient to where we needed to be.

The room smelled like cat urine. Upon arrival, the towels in the room were dirty. After the first night the room was cleaned, after the second night it wasn't. We had to call for clean towels.

Location was convenient to where we needed to be.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

Where to start!

Where to start! We had booked two rooms, as When attempting to start the heater, noxious fumes came out and set off the smoke alarm (in both rooms). It was supposed to be a non-smoking facility, but the hallways especially reeked of cigarette and cigar smoke. Hallways and common area were basically filthy. Carpets in rooms were stained. Mosquitoes swarmed in the bathroom. We ended up being moved to another room, the three of us together, and getting a refund on one room. I could go on, but........

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Nothing about the experience was to our liking and we travel...

Staff was ambivalent. Property littered with trash and weeds. Promised food was not there,cold coffee. Room was substandard,not clean. Bathroom tub was stained, mold on fixtures and ceiling tiles, front of sink was torn off. Microwave in room was broken, reported it and it was never replaced,we were asked if it was plugged in. We took pictures to prove what we saw. The corporation should shut it down or get new owners.

Nothing about the experience was to our liking and we travel a lot.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

The room was clean.

The two receptionist were not too friendly at the desk. No real choice for food at the complimentary breakfast. Overheard several people complaining.

The room was clean.

There are also 24 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.