Reviews of Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Lincoln East - White Mountains 3 stars

21 Railroad Street, Lincoln, 03251, USA

#7 of 22 hotels in Lincoln

Nothing. I will stay here every time I go to Lincoln NH

Easy access off the highway. Very clean inside and outside the hotel. Friendly and informative staff. Great breakfast buffet.

• Suite - Non-Smoking

My room was not cleaned. It was very clear the sheets weren’t changed (multiple pieces of hair of varying types on sheets, sheets I printed into mattress where people slept, odor) it was literally as if someone just doused the room in febreeze and made the bed.

Location was perfect, breakfast was very good, lobby was clean, pool was a good bonus.

• Suite - Non-Smoking

located close to highway but a little far from loon mountain

nicely renovated modern rooms compared to other hotels in Lincoln. good breakfast. even chobani yogurt!

• Suite - Non-Smoking

The room did not have a DVD player if you wanted to stay in an watch a movie.

The property was well maintained, included a pool, hot tub, and fitness center. The breakfast that is included at the hotel was excellent it had a larger variety of food than expected.

• Queen Suite

Staff was wonderful- polite, friendly, helpfu. Beds were comfy, room was clean. Breakfast buffet had large variety of healthy and guilty pleasures. Great town and location convenient to highway and resort.

Pricing on vending items.

On arrival..miss communication w/ pricing..but it was handled to my satisfaction. Brkfst was great. The pool looked very inviting, but didn't go in. Great location in the town. They even cleaned the snow off the vehicles! staff was very accommodating.

• Queen Suite

The pool had so much chlorine in it that after only 20mins our eyes were burning and watering and my daughter had a coughing fit. We didn’t go back after our first night there but the pool was busy 2 days later so maybe it cleared up a little.

The staff was very friendly. The location was perfect for our trip. It was within walking distance to the ice castles and only a mile or 2 from the grocery store. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfy. The continental breakfast far exceeded my expectations. They had eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, pancakes, warm cinnamon rolls plus cereal and bread products. We usually stay at a hotel up the street but From now on this will be our go to when we travlel to Lincoln. There was an issue with another guest on our floor smoking pot and it was coming into our room with my 3 kids there. I called the desk and they immediately were on the floor looking into it and it never happened again.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The chlorine smell was way to strong in the pool area.

Beds comfortable, pillows comfy, breakfast was great many choices! Close to activities. Good price!

The location was great. Breakfast is prolly better not served it's frozen food and it's noticeable. My biggest complaint would have to be the pool area not being watched or even checked on. My family and I go to hotels mostly for pool and Jacuzzi but there was always kids without parents. All day and night so we were unable to use it at all for 2 days. I paid 229 for one night when every other night is no more than 130. So I feel ttookwn advantage of.only way I'd give another chance is if It was free stay.

The location was great.

• Queen Suite

Chlorine in pool area was so strong that it caused my eyes to burn (and that was before I even got into the pool). My 6 year old nephew's skin got irritated because there was too much chlorine. Tried to get seating for complimentary breakfast twice but there were no free tables. Had to go out for breakfast.

Very comfortable beds, room was very clean.

• Queen Suite

The hotel was excellent value for money! Breakfast was included and they even offered to-go boxes. Coffee and tea were available the entire day. There were also shuttles to Loon mountain!

It was difficult to find because the road to the hotel was not marked very clearly. Had to go past the ice castles to get to the hotel which was confusing.

Everything was clean from the minute you walked in the door and into your room. Wide variety of food for breakfast. Located in an ideal spot. Staff very friendly.

the only complaint was the noise in the hallway and that the rooms were not very well insulated. I could hear the toilet flush in the next room and you could hear the people out in the hallways

there was a good choice of food for being complimentary - the cinnamon rolls were an added bonus - they were delicious and I liked that there were take out containers for our ride home.

What I didn't like was some kids was in the eating area with no shoes in there pj's. Some adults were also bare footed. This I thought was unacceptable for a eating area. I know you want them to feel at home but it didn't make me feel at home. One guess eat without a shirt on. There should be a sign that states shoes and shirts required. Other wise I enjoyed my stay.

The front dest treated me like family. I thought the food for breakfast was very good and your help was on top of refilling whatever ran out. I could sit and read while waiting for my family to get dress and come down.

The staff was extremely nice! The breakfast was incredible! And also extremely clean!! Would highly recommend and definitely returning! Right next door to alpine adventures...if you have tweens/teens it's a must!!

• Suite - Non-Smoking

weather was a little bitter but this surprise was not anything you could do anything about

Staff was great so was breakfast, room quiet and comfortable.

• Suite - Non-Smoking

The place itself is nothing stellar, we stayed only one night, and it was ok. Clean. Fine if you aren't spending many nights. The neighborhood doesn't offer much.

• Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was very comfortable and clean. The entire property is well cared for. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. There are a lot of choices and the 24 hour coffee station is a wonderful addition. We stayed here as our base for hiking in the White Mountains. The location is near all the trailheads we needed. It is a great place for skiing too.

Breakfast room was very crowded at the time we attended but were shown to a conference room.

Large room with every amenity we required: coffee maker, fridge, safe, desk, settee and beautifully comfortable King size bed with duvet and cotton sheets. Hotel looked like new but apparently was recently acquired by HIE and refurbished. Excellent value for money for the area

Property well cared for. Maid doesn't vacume every day. Some breakfast items were cold such as scrambled eggs. And sausage. Other than that would stay there again.

Very clean

Bleakness of our room; no chair; no table; no desk; no wall decor; no instructions on window covering control; apparent discrimination of handicapped folks, for those specific reasons. THEY are also people.

Bkfst, staff, bathroom, TV, parking, cleanliness, proximity to town, etc.

• Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was all on disposable plates, cups, knives and forks. Very busy at breakfast - had to queue and then had to take it back to our room as there was no where to sit.

Room was a good size and parking was close to room (and free). Normal Holiday Inn standard. Good value for money. Check in was fast.

The strong smell of chlorine (from the pool) in the lobby. Quite a lot of noise in the hallway at night. Children running around and shouting. The sound proofing in the room appeared to be sub-standard.

The courtesy and efficiency of the front desk staff.

• Suite - Non-Smoking

If you didn't switch it off before bed, the aircon was liable to roar into life at 3am. It was a bit of a walk to the bars in town if you wanted a drink.

Large room. Easy to find just off the I93 junction. The swimming pool and hot tub.

Slamming door! Every morning between 5-7 am, I would be awaken to the sound of slamming the doors! I wish they have something to control the noise wihen the doors closed. Who'd want to get up on a weekend at @5:30-7 am in the morning while you're on vacation? That was very annoying, that's what I don't like about the place everything else great!

Nice clean room. Breakfast was decent, but could be better with real eggs.

• Suite - Non-Smoking

We've stayed here a few times and this time seemed to be the loudest. There seemed to be a larger gap around the door and I'm not sure if that caused the extra noise. It just seemed loud all night long and made it tough to sleep. Everything else was great

Nothing. It met all our expectations....

Even though this Holliday inn Express property was more than 15 yrs old it seemed brand new (refresh within the last two years). The staff couldn't have been more nice. the shower was hot and had good pressure. The bed was comfy. the free breakfast was good and plentifully with heathy options as well the good tasting 'bad" stuff. The hotel is very conveniently located right off the I-93 exit. I highly recommend this property!

Loud hallways, and guests slamming doors woke us up at night. The sound carries a lot in the hallways and the doors slam.

Mini golf next door. Nice breakfast!

• Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms are big. The staff is very friendly. Good atmosphere. There is a very nice garden with mini golf just in front of the hotel which is great for children.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Suite - Non-Smoking

Room situated near elevator and front entrance...Husband a very light sleeper...Clearly stated in booking.com our preference of location...

Staff very apologetic for not giving us a room away from the front of building and away from the elevators

• Suite - Non-Smoking

Not much to complain about here but if I had to pick something I would say that the bathroom had some minor cosmetic flaws from the recent remodeling (grout gaps, missing caulk).

The breakfast was good with choice of scrambled eggs, omelettes, pancakes, bacon, sausage, hot and cold cereal, fruit, etc. It was nice that they also had gluten free bagels. The rooms were recently updated and clean. Great location and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Happy with all the accommodations and the coffee was especially good.The fellow that took care of the breakfast buffet was attentive and friendly so early in the morning. Our arrival was greeted with a bubbly and cordial receptionist.

• Queen Suite

room temperature was a little challenging to get just right at night.

very comfortable bed. newly renovated facility. friendly staff. yummy breakfast. great pool and Jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't like that are bathroom sink was clogged so we had to change rooms! Then having a whole youth hockey team running up and down the hallways unsupervised, being really loud 11:00 at night!!

The location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The sheets were clean but there were hairs on the sheets from the wash that were not ours when we got into the room.

Breakfast was excellent and much more than we expected thank you!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevator was being worked on, so I was unable to go back to my room to pack to leave. I am disabled and unable to climb stairs I would not have been able to carry my luggage down the stairs. Thankfully, the desk person and manager retrieved my stuff for me.

I liked having a couch to sit on, instead of having to spend extra time sitting on the bed.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Queen Suite

i was disaapointed that the bathroom was very cold eventhough we were given the door stopper. i was just concern with my son when he took a shower.

I was impressed by how the evening staff was accommodating to my family when i voiced my concerns that our bathroom was freezing. since i didnt want to take the space heater since we have a 3 years old; they, gave us a door stopper so that the bathroom door can remain open and the heat from the room would travel to the bathroom. also, the lady was so kind to my son that she gave him his own key card which made caleb very happy.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• King Room - Hearing Accessible - Roll-in Shower

The sheets on the bed were covered in hair. It was disappointing. When we asked for new bedding - the staff was more than apologetic - and offered to change them for us. We declined and were fine changing them ourselves - only to find the new set had the same issue. Very overwhelming for someone with germ issues. It definitely put a damper on our stay.

The location to the ice castles - which was the reason for our trip - was great.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Suite - Non-Smoking

Overall, the room could have been cleaner. The room was a little tired. Some of the paint was peeling in the bathroom and some of the wallpaper was coming off the bathroom wall. I wished the room (suite) had a small table with a couple of chairs to eat at.

Location, indoor pool and spa. The variety of breakfast choices. The staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Suite

Over all property condition poor. On arrival, Front sliding doors loud and grinding. Couch in suite very uncomfortable and cushion ripped. Alarm clock was unplugged on arrival. Tried to set time and clock was broken. There was hair from previous guest in the shower. Side entrance door broken and does not lock down. Anyone can just walk in. Would not have my wife stay there if I was not there with her.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Suite - Non-Smoking

just enforce quiet time a bit more our floor had kids/parents running up and down the hall, screaming after 9pm for for a few hours even after being asked to be quite in the hallways.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Suite - Non-Smoking

The toliet didn't flush correctly and bathroom fan was too loud.

The room was spacious and very clean. The management was very accommodating when our first assigned room fridge didn't work. Location was close to Loon Mt. and Common Mt. The ice castle was just a 5 minutes walk. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable about activities available in the area. Pool was open late and clean. Excellent piace for couple and families.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

This was our third year back to this hotel. Unfortunately, their swimming pool has very strong chemical smell that we can only handle 30 mins pool time out of 3 nights staying there. Room service can improve. Disappointed!

Great location. Nice breakfast. Recently renovated.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

First, we were assigned an adjoining room. The people next to us decided to smoke marijuana and thus our room ended up smelling too. We did alert the front desk, but I'm not sure what was done. It wasn't pleasant opening a window on a 12 degree night. Second, we called about noise complaints multiple times. There was a large party that allowed their children and teenagers to play games in the hallway during the evening/night. The adults also propped open their doors and had a party of about 20 people. It was exceptionally loud. They were told to quiet down, they didn't, and no further action was taken. They kept us up until after midnight on both Friday and Saturday. Finally, and this is minor, each morning we went to use the pool there were no towela available and dirty towels all over the pool area.

Location was good. Room was clean. Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was spotless,and bed was extremely comfortable. Elevators made getting to and from our room a breeze. The view from our window of the surrounding mountains was stunning! Staff was courteous and professional. Hot breakfast included: eggs,bacon,sausage, pastries,bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls to die for,an automatic pancake machine that you need to see to believe,fresh fruit,hot oatmeal, juices, coffee,and milk.Pool and jacuzzi were immaculate! This hotel's location is in the middle of everything,yet provides a quiet and relaxing atmosphere at the same time. We began planning our return trip as soon as we arrived at home!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Suite

I don't think you had room service but would love that. My son doesn't really like to eat in public places so ordering to the room would have been great! DVD player in the room.

The suite was excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was excellent and the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We also enjoyed the gym. The location was a plus too , it was close to everything thing

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

we booked the hotel about a week before . I called the hotel to double check our reservations. they had no record of my transaction .Plus they were working on the hotel & it was a mess

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

You should add some Nutella for breakfast 😁

The bed was extremely comfortable And I don't like to shower at somewhere else. I took a shower it was so clean

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Newly remodeled,clean,quiet and the check-in lady was super sweet and was ready to offer suggestions on the area.i would definitely stay again,comfort and very nice for the price.the breakfast was the perfect start to a day of hiking.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Only one elevator - we took a lot of stairs. Tour buses filled the hotel the night we stayed, and we couldn't get close to the elevator because of the bus tour peeps...and all of their luggage.

Wonderful - helpful and caring - staff; hotel is undergoing upgrades- looking good! Very comfortable, and the location is hard to beat.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The construction but they were not in the way nice to see the nice work they are doing. Once done this will be a great hotel.

The rooms were clean and new. The free breakfast was good. Staff was friendly and helpful!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

We were not told it was being renovated when we booked the room. When we arrived workers were installing lighting at the entrance. There was toxic odor in the elevator and the second floor hallway. Workers were gluing carpets in the stairway with a horrible smelling adhesive.

The staff was very helpful and the room very clean.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I can't really complain too much as clearly the hotel is doing major renovations while we were there. Our room was beautiful and you could tell it was redone but who ever is doing the work is very hack. Poor workmanship in the bathroom with holes or spots where tile or grout was not finished but left as is. ** Our only complaint is the bathroom door. It closes automatically and there were times we wanted to keep it open and had to shove a book or something under it. If anything install door stops so you can keep the door open instead of sweating in the bathroom while freshening up. Overall so far the place is looking good.

It was quiet and the staff was welcoming and friendly. The breakfast had a decent variety for everyone and overall our stay was a good value for the money. Hotel is located near many attractions.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Location is undergoing a renovation and if you are going to paint in a room you are going to have a guest in.. At least run the AC so that the fumes are not hitting you in the face. Also the AC unit does need a cleaning it was quite dirty even at the grate level. A filter clean would be great.

Bed was comfortable. Location is perfect for getting on and off highway.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Bathroom light is blinding bright. Bright and clean bathrooms are good. But it's sort of uncomfortable for my eyes. And the heater in the room is noisy.

The location is really good. Staffs are very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Sausage was dried out and didn't taste good. Promised hot baked chocolate chip cookies for the evening but hotel never put them out. Toilet paper single ply and poor quality. Towels at pool too small and too thin.... Had to use THREE towels to dry off so I wouldn't drip all the way back to the room.

New pillows and everything polyester hypo-allergetic. Breakfast make your own waffle - two makers and fresh blueberries Room came with microwave and small fridge, flat panel TV.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Queen Suite

We didn't have soap or shampoo in the room. The place was under construction. At 5:30 in the morning the people next door to us had a 6 year old boy the he kept on screaming running on the hall way.

Breakfast was great , workers could be more pleasant they just don't look too happy with ther jobs.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Queen Suite

No room darkening curtains on the windows, parking lot lights shone brightly into room. Hung up a blanket to block the light.

Comfortable beds, wonderful breakfast, liked the pool and whirlpool, attractive and comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The place is a building site as they try and achieve "holiday inn" Status by end of October. Health and safety hazards abound (fuel cans, saws, trailing cables) and work continued until 21.40 on the Saturday with further tidying up after that. Breakfasts were terrible. Shower for pool didn't work- cryptosporidium dreamworld. Graffiti inside the property. Sofa bed for our child was not made up, when requested was told "do it yourself". If we could have moved on the Sunday we would have but as it was a holiday weekend in the US nearest property available was 37 miles away. When I complained to the manager, Oscar, having raised it with staff previously, he denied the work had gone on so long and then back tracked. Then said he'd raise it with the owner and gave a measly 10% discount for all the disruption at the time and blamed Booking.com for not allowing any further discount. I haven't heard from the owner over the last week. AVOID.

Swimming pool, close to hobo railroad

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The bathroom could be cleaned a little more carefully. Also, there are no towel bars in the bathroom; only one small hook on the door for bath and hand towels, making it inadequate for 2 people.

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised that even though this hotel is near Hwy 93, we could not hear that traffic from our room. This facility was in the midst of renovation when we arrived, with evidence of carpentry and yet-to-be finished work throughout. Yet, the management was able to keep it as clean as possible despite the on-going work, making the inconvenience minimal. For the sake of those of us who are allergic to dust and mold: this hotel smells clean and is not musty. The breakfast was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• King Suite

There was always a bus tour every night so breakfast was very busy in the morning. The hot tub in pool area didn't work the best but did work.

It was quiet and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was super helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The hotel is under construction so everything is a little torn up and in the works, but no noise problems, they seem to have a good handle on everything.

We've been to the old Comfort Inn, this is in transition to become a Holiday Inn Express and its already an upgrade. Everything just feels a little nicer and updated. The staff is great.

Hotel is being refurbished so some decorations missing and breakfast area out of action so a couple of small rooms are being used at present

Bathroom was fantastic - super floor and great lighting around the mirror. Good free wifi

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Not a big deal, but the hotel was clearly undergoing a renovation. It didn't affect us, but it would have been nice to know beforehand.

Staff were super friendly and accommodating and the rooms and bathrooms were immaculate.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

we choose this because it said it had a gym movie rentals ect.....come to find out it was under renovation which it never said on either your site or the hotel site. we tried to rent somewhere else and all booked or didnt have our days...we felt had with the no disclosure on the renovation .i have pictures of open ceilings broken phones men working in the rooms on top of that our room wasnt cleaned the first day so i complained and they said maybe our room sign was on do not disturb ...huh what an insult ! we had to ask the desk person for clean towels, then the maid to clean our room. such a disapointment , never again!

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast served in converted bedrooms due to building work,was a little cramped and chaotic

Very helpful staff member helped us with our onward journey

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Facilities were being renovated therefore breakfast was in two hotel rooms and work out room was not available.

Location to Clarks Trading Post was great. Breakfast was more than enough and the gentleman attending the food was very helpful and attentive to everyone's needs. Great mini golf course right outside the front door.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

shower was small, toilet flushed by itself in the middle of the night, sinks ddin't hold water cable channels didn't work on the tv

bed was good, bathroom was nice,

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Price could have been less expensive. Breakfast could have included either waffles, eggs, bacon or pancakes.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

The property was under renovation but the company and staff did an excellent job making it all work. The front staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly!!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Hotel was under construction wish we had known. Breakfast was in hotel rooms that were just too small for the amount of people. Hallways were a bit dirty with all the construction. Had very few cable channels.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Since the hotel was being renovated, the breakfast room was in a regular room and a bit cramped. There were no ice machines or vending machines. And the pool was pretty small - however my kids still loved it!

The hotel was under construction so it will be a better place to stay for future guests. The location was perfect - right across the street from mini-golf. Walking distance from the adventure park ropes course and zip lining. And a short drive from all of the other destinations - loon mountain, Franconia notch state park, whales tales water park and clark's trading post.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

It was ok they had a lot of construction going on so it could have been better

They have nice clean rooms and good free breakfast and lots of good coffee

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Was under construction we were not informed. No game room like shown in picture. Although they tried to serve breakfast the tables were set up in the same room and there was no room to move. One morning we all had to go outside for a fire alarm, no one came to inform us of what the problem was or to even say it was ok to go back in. We booked two rooms one of the keys did not work got a new one still never worked.

The beds were nice and the room was a good size.