Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites Texas City 3 stars

320 Highway, 146 North, Texas City, TX 77590, USA

#4 of 9 hotels in Texas City

Loved it!!!

The morning rush was busy so the breakfast area was kinda small.

I loved my stay and the food was very good. I didn't expect a great comp breakfast. Most of your complimantary breakfasts are danishes, fruit, coffee, and juices. They had the works, I will be staying with you guys again!

This is a perfect location if you do not need walkability to the beach.

The rooms did not have that old, hotel smell you sometimes find in some motels at this price point. I was visiting my son on Galveston Island and the drive was very quick and easy to maneuver. I did not want to pay the high cost of Galveston Island when I did not need the walkability to the beach. This price point will only get you sketchy places on the Island. Breakfast at this motel was great and the rooms are clean!

It was pleasant!

Mattress need to be replaced. Edge broke down from too many sitting there. The chair needs to be replaced. Had a hard time getting out of it."; sink down too deep in it.

Good breakfast, clean room!

Bed was comfortable, location was good.

The lady at checkin was great. The guy that set up the breakfast was not very friendly. The milk was sour and was not as fresh and well presented as when we stayed there in September. We will prob not stay here again. Disappointed that the hot tub was not in use.

Bed was comfortable, location was good.

Your staff was amazing.

The price! $96 a night is pretty steep for a month. Seems like there should be some kind of package deal like other hotels in the area.

Your staff was amazing. Very upbeat and friendly.

It could be better

Checking in the hotel was horrible. The lady had a attitude & the manager wasn't any better they couldn' resolve the problem on their own & they work there. All the front desk lady cared about was her getting penalized instead of us the customer. I will never stay there again.

The location & price were great

The young lady at check in was great
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room smelled musky....asked for later check out i would have paid extra the front desk said no need to pay ask for 1 hr..check out at 11 so i had till 12. Someone knocked on my door every 15 mins as if i had not requested late check out.

The young lady at check in was great

Our stay was good and I would recommend to anyone staying in Texas City.

No complaints on this visit.

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast hit the spot. Everything was as I expected them to be per the pictures on booking.com.

It was okay after a rough start
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We got in at 12:30 from an 8 hour drive and we were ready for a bed. We walked in to the front desk with no one ready to help us. We heard a person in the office typing on a keyboard. We rang the bell with no answer. We called the hotel while standing in the lobby and got no answer. 15 minutes past and the front desk person finally came out of the restroom. The office person should have been eager to help or at least answer the phone instead of leaving customers waiting.

The bed was comfortable.

Frustrating.

The whole hotel and room smelled very moldy. On entering the lobby a huge group of teenagers and some adults where yelling and partying around the pool. Management could care less. Our room was right next to a section of that group who continued to party until 2 am. Rooms have no sound prevention.

Bed was clean and fairly comfortable.

it fitted why i was there but seem the air was not working properly

that internet listing stated pay when arrive. Before i even checked in they ran my card for both rooms already and check in for 1 room was on a different day.

rooms where neat and clean each day and the facility

I enjoyed the property. The beds were comfortable, the room was quite and the fee was reasonable. Wi
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Could have had a few more tables in the breakfast area. The remote for the TV needed new batteries. Otherwise the stay was good.

Everything was good. Nice stay. Will come back again.

i had a really great stay

Nothing at all

The room was excellent it was a little pricey but thats to be expected with this hotel cause of the rooms. I would recommend this to everybody i know.

Lacking in quality

The breakfast was over-cooked, or over- microwaved ( eggs, sausage) and they ran out of waffle mix for the waffles. The coffee was also empty and did not get replenished. We ended up eating breakfast elsewhere. The bed was really firm! I didn't get a good nights sleep! I will definitely use Marriott or holiday inn next time.

I liked that the location was quiet.

Ok stay, nothing real bad, nothing real great

Air conditioner was a little noisy, breakfast room was crowded. Had to stand in line to use the waffle machine., juice containers were empty.

Stay was ok. Room was clean, bed comfortable.

There were eggs each morning but they weren't extra...

There were eggs each morning but they weren't extra fluffy. There was also sausage that was good. There were also biscuits. Unfortunately there was no gravy.

Stay Away From This Hotel!!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't like anything. Place was dirty. Staff didn't care. Will never stay here again or use Booking.com again!

Room was extremely dirty, air conditioning didn't work well, parking was impossible and lot was poorly lit. Breakfast was horrible. Fruit was old, rolls had been frozen.

Great location and great service.

Having to leave.

The man at the front desk was awesome. Both of my kids said how nice and friendly he was. He went out of his way to help us with anything that we needed.

Was clean and a good value .
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not a great breakfast. Was cold and tasteless . The guy that checked us in had a $5 bill pinned to his shirt. Not sure what that was about unless he wanted tips .

Great for the price. We stayed here before a cruise and was close to port.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Not clean enough!

Hotel was comfortable with a nice room but it was not clean!!! There was a makeup stain on the towels in my bathroom and a mysterious red stain on my duvet.

The gentleman that checked me was amazing.

The walls and doors need to be cleaned. The hotel carried an odor. Just think the property needs to be sanitized.

The gentleman that checked me was amazing. Very friendly and understanding to my wants and needs.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Good place to stay before you meet your cruise in Galveston, TX

Bed was a little hard for my taste. But overall everything was very good.

Room was very clean, breakfast was good. I definitely would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

great one night stay

didn't stay long but everything seemed to be great

We only stayed one night after we left Galveston but it was quite nice...My wife even said she wished we had stayed at this hotel for the entire week.

Great Place to Stay!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The food is very good but they need a full time person to take care of the breakfast bar. Not just on weekends. They would run out of food & coffee sometimes & then we would have to tell the front desk to get more.

Rooms were spacious & clean. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Great cost and freindly staff.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was only 6am - 9am too early for me. My husband left our room key in the room so we where locked out, I sent him down to get another key, but because the room was in my name they wouldn't give him a key so I had to come from upstairs to show my I.D. to get anther key.

The bed was comfortable. The air didn't work as good as I would have liked, but the kids enjoyed the room so I wasn't complaining.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Never again!!!

The guy who checked us in tried to scam us at 3am when he called our room and asked for our credit card information and said systems were down and needed all the info again. My husband went down to talk to them and they told him my head guy wasn't there. Staff was rude and did not believe us!! No one else knew what room were in except for the guy that checked us in. My husband had to cancel his bank card. Will never stay at that Comfort Inn again!!

Room and everything seemed clean.

Refrigerator and microwave

Breakfast only served until 9:30. Should be at least 10:00 on weekends. Lowered thermostat to 65 from 72 but the room did not get any cooler

Refrigerator and microwave

Bed was to hard for me, not level.

Shower head was nasty, mold was all in the midle of it. I didn't like that on the website says buffet for breakfast, when it's just continental.

Bed was to hard for me, not level.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

More variety needed in breakfast room. Clerks need to know the rooms.

For those staying more than 1 night, more variety is needed with the hot food. Coffee and hot water were lukewarm--NOT hot. Biscuits were like rocks! More variety is needed.

The room was comfortable. Thought we might have to move to an accessible room because I needed at least a safety bar for the tub. Clerk was not aware that a safety bar was by the tub in our assigned room.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Good. Clean room but vending machine was broken on our floor and facilities were closed too early.

My friend and I brought our kids with us down for a fishing trip. After fishing all day our kids were looking forward to jumping in the pool and getting in the hot tub. When we checked in around 11:00 pm we went directly up to our room put our stuff away. Our kids went directly to the pool but we're told by management that the pool and hot tub were closed for the night. I was very disappointed that these facilities were closed so early. It was a Satuday night I didn't understand why they were closed so early. I would understand closing the facilities early during the week days but not on the weekend when most people don't get up early to go to work.

The location of the hotel was near all fast food places which was very convenient for us.

Not too happy with my stay

The breakfast was horrid over all. The fake eggs were sweet tasting. The biscuits were not even cooked. They were a compressed "sponge-like" consistency. Our shower/ bathtub would not drain effectively at all.

The breakfast sausages were good and cooked right.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Room changes without my approval.

I was told that I had call and requested room change, but I only call to confirm I had late arrival and they changed our room from kings to double which costed us $10 more dollars per night for four rooms. Then the rooms we're musty smelling. Coffee the next morning was like warm.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

She end he screamed to clining tha room
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I never going to stay in tha hotel again that manager no good very nasty? Wy to me i only stay 1 day thare i boking 4 two days very bet experience i only stay in 1 nine

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

$185 Surcharged without notification for a Bed-sheet and Pillow that could be washed
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff (Unfriendly and mean Big Mexican Lady) and the manager of the hotel are not inconsiderate and really rude.I arrived and was giving a room that was rejected by a guest in my very presence, I told her I need to check the room out before I could accepted it, she refused until after much persuasion. The Couch was dirty and torn on the armrest. To cut the long story short, my wife made the booking. Later that night my toddler accidentally spilled beverage on the bed-sheet that could be washed off, after checking out my wife was surcharge of $185 for the bed-sheet and $10 pillow without any communication. My advise to any customer to pay more to have better service and location in Galveston.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Worst in Customer Service

Extremely rude and of no help regarding my issue with them overcharging me... The staff told me that they do not control room rates and that the booking companies, not even the manager, are the only ones who can make adjustments or answer my questions.. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!! And the staff could care less.

When I left...

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Relaxing quite hotel. Great hot breakfast. Friendly staff that left me alone. Room as pictured.

My side of the bed was a little lumpy. I woke up with a sore lower back. I had to take some pain reliever for it. Before we left, we were going to add another day to our hotel stay. The price went from 92.07 to 269.00 per night. This is a nice hotel, but not a 269.00 a night hotel.

The breakfast area was clean. Everything was stocked and hot. All items were working for breakfast. This hotel was perfect location for us. It was 15 mins from Galveston and 20 from Kema. This was a hotel were the workers from the oil Riggs stayed to wait call. Dispite their dirty uniforms, the staff was on top of making sure it was clean. The guests were very polite and quite. The room was well stocked, staff was nice, bathroom clean.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Great price

The smell of wet carpet in the room and hallway

I like the staff, but three was a bad smell like wet carpet in our room and the hallway, other than that everything was good.

Very comfortable and inexpensive.

Microwave did not work properly.

Beds were very comfortable.

The breakfast was not good.

Well lit and beds were comfortable.

There wasn’t a stay. Manager expected full payment after booking on Booking.com with no prepayment.

Manager and negativity

Pictures

everything GREAT!

n/a

everything GREAT!

convient and within the price we were looking for before a cruisel Will stay again

When I put the address in my GPS it took me to the middle of an intersection about a mile from the hotel

Staff was great.

We went on a little vacation to galveston. The hotel in texas city was the best value for the money
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The price was a little high.

The breakfast was good. The front desk staff were very friendly. The bed was great.

the staff was friendly and accommodating.

the staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room was great and staff very courteous!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The waffles were over the top and the entire breakfast bar was fresh!

Good, stayed in a few hotels in the area, this is so far the best for my budget
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wasn't able to open a window in my room

It didn't smell funny

Fast and friendly

Front desk girl was very helpful and friendly

Staff was friendly. Hotel was way overpriced for the area.

Clean bathroom, updated bed, more choices for breakfast

The bed was uneven. Old mattress. Very uncomfortable. Bathroom was not cleaned properly.

Best stay!

The staff was amazing from check in to check out!

Very helpful staff and rooms were nice and clean!

Very helpful staff and rooms were nice and clean!!!

The Breakfast was good and hot.

The Breakfast was good and hot.

I already have another stay booked there

I like the cleanness of the room

A slight musty smell

A slight musty smell

They didn’t have My room book when I got there had problems
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Owner is rude they charge my card for a nite and already had my room book for someone else put me out.

Over all ok

Mold smell in hallways

Ac was nice

Quiet

Bed not comfortable

Quiet

It's better to stay in your car instead

Absolutely nothing

Hard to get in contact with manager about bug bites.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hard to get in contact with manager about bug bites.

Good for the time being and shirt notice of needing a room.was good

Hot tub not Hot

It was absolutely awful, took our money and gave no service with no refund for a week.

Staff

Strong musty wet odor thru out the place

Strong musty wet odor thru out the place

It nice and clean

It nice and clean

Bad stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Rude staff, unclean room, couldn't utilize Jacuzzi and no Wi-Fi all weekend

Location and price

Everything was nice
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had a why not working very good that was the only problem

Everything was nice

the overall stay was good
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was rude and the coffee was poor!

waffles were great

We'll be back!

Super comfortable bed, good breakfast.

Hot tub wasn't working

The phobe in the room was not working wish there was morr...

The phobe in the room was not working wish there was morr coffee

everything was great !

The dinning room is small

everything was great !!!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Room didn't cool down very well.

Room didn't cool down very well.

It was good

It was good

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

cruise stay

breakfast was not stocked as well

The proximity to the cruise terminal. Rooms were comfortable

Happy

The nasty moldy smell

sleep

Great place to stay

Friendly staff, great location. Always stay there when cruising!