Reviews of Comfort Inn Ashland 2 stars

53 West Street, Ashland, NH 03217, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Ashland

The pool was closed i was looking forward to that. I turned tv on and it wasn't working. I called front desk no one answered. I went out to the hall to find a vending machine and no workers was around. Eventually i had to call front desk to get tv to work. The kid told me what to do, i got tv to work and then it kept freezing. .

No one at the counter when we arrived had to look for someone to check us in had to park my motorcycle across the street then had trouble with the key card had to ask fo assistance twice to open the door then the door latch to the bathroom was installed backwards and the blower fan was seized up and buzzed when turned

The entry way was very surprising and inviting bed was comfortable more than adequate

The one thing I wish Was there , was a freezer in the mini fridge. The fan in the bathroom wasn’t working.

The breakfast was good the employees where very helpful with making the waffles along with how freindly she was. The room was clean, comfortable . The front desk staff was super nice and accommodating. I asked the maid service for some TP and she was so nice in getting what I needed Plus more towels .

The employee at breakfast was very intrusive. She kept following us around while getting food. I felt like she was a babysitter.

Clean, comfortable room.

Parking is limited if you are driving a Uhaul. And they automatically charge you $1.60 for a safe fee, assuming you will use it. We didn’t and wasn’t made aware Of the fee. Small charge, just principle.

The staff was very friendly! 24 hr front desk which was awesome! The rooms were extremely clean! Very comfy beds! This place takes pride in their establishment! Breakfast was fabulous! Hot food, healthy foods very clean dining area! We have traveled a lot and you really get a lot for ur $! Even better than some Hilton’s we’ve stayed at! We will be back & will refer to Others!

Front desk staff made sure that we were able to enter our room as soon as we arrived, he notice our room wasn’t cleaned yet and momentarily moved us to the clean one next door. Breakfast was good, and the hotel was cleanly overall.

The hotel only had 3 rooms for us, when I had booked 4 rooms through Booking.com. SInce they were sold out, some of my friends were greatly inconvenienced.

The bed was great and I slept longer than usual - woke up refreshed.

Although we shared just fine,I would add more bathroom supplies, like shower gel, shampoo for double occupancy.

The property manager Isaak Patel is very helpful and always has a smile for his guests. Breakfast is good thanks to Margot, who shops daily for ingredients; last weekend bacon was cooked to perfection, for lighter eaters the fridge is stocked with Chobani yogurts, seasonal fruit. Good coffee!

I found the service to be quite pleasant and very helpful I was short some toiletry items and they were more than accommodating. The beds were comfortable in the breakfast was nice in the morning. Overall a very nice experience

I disliked everything about the place. I booked a handicapped accessible room and they did not give us one. When I asked the man at the front desk he said I never reserved a handicapped accessible room. I know for a fact that I did. As a result my mother was unable to shower. The breakfast was subpar and the carpet was very dirty. There was blood on the wall, boogers in the bathroom, and they only had one luggage cart for an entire 3 story hotel.

Not a damn thing.

When we arrived, work was being done inside and outside the hotel so, the TV in the main entrance wasn't available. There is no elevator and no one to help with your luggage. Although we were promised a bed, they weren't sure they had one available and it took hours and 4 inquiries until they got us one. I went to breakfast 30 minutes before it was over and there was no coffee or milk. The elderly lady snapped at me stating she was closing soon. Don't mess with a girl and her coffee especially when we were overcharged $20/night.

The property is on a dead end so, it was quiet. The kids loved the heated, outside pool and game room.

The finish work on the railings and wood work in the reception area.

The bed was very comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised with the heated pool. That should be advertised. We did not realize it was heated and with the cool nights in the northeast, we were able to swim later on in the evening.

Breakfast was the worst I have ever experienced with a Comfort Inn. 3 mornings of cardboard eggs and greasy sausage. No whole wheat toast or bread available. No fresh fruit and only sweetened yogurt available. Would not stay here again. Worst things was there was only one elevator for the entire hotel that was shaky and strained before arriving at the floor. It caused people to think it was going to get stuck EVERY time and we gasped each time using it.

Although my cell did not get service, the hotel more than maked up for it by allowing free in room service. Although the breakfast was good, there was not enough room for me to sit and eat.

The bed was very comfortable and the pool area is very pleasant.

I LOVE this place. Everyone is so helpful. My sister, niece and my family went to NH to spread my brothers ashes. It was a bittersweet time for us. Isaac helped with the accommodations for all of us and put us together (3) rooms. If I knew that everything would be absolutely perfect, I wouldn't have stressed so much. Thank you ALL for making us feel at home at a very difficult time. ♡

Other than the oldest sweetest lady(whom we all loved) the other staff seemed miserable. One of them even cut me off at the coffee station for her own cofree :/ They could smile and talk to guests.

The old lady who cooks in the morning was smiling friendly and always wanted to know about our day. Truly the best asset to this hotel. Without her, they would have nothing special. She even gave my family 4 tickets to a park. She cared and truly loves her job. Hard to find people like that. What a shining prize on top of so so place!!. I'm glad she was there to brighter each day. Hearts to her. I hope she gets a raise and lots of praise.

The nightly rate has increased greatly, if it doesn't go down considerably I won't be back.

breakfast was marginal at best, used to be much better.

Breakfast ended at 10. What if you wanted to sleep in a bit? (smiling) However, the 'young lady' who was stationed at the breakfast site, was very pleasant, and friendly, and quite funny. She's a keeper!

The location was great! 2 minutes from the highway. The staff was incredible, very friendly, always a kind word. Nice pool area (wishing I brought our swim suits!), and super clean. The area was quiet, had outdoor seating which was very nice. Hotel Guest Directory was very helpful for us. We all were very comfortable.

Very difficult for someone as there are no elevators and the pool and arcade is downstairs. Also we went outside there were no umbrellas for my mom to sit over so she could hide from the sun. When we got there i had requested for a roll away bed and there were none left.

It was a great place for the family. It was good, the boys loved the arcade room. Breakfast was a plus and people are very pleasant there.

Little pricier than I would have guessed, other than that great. Nothing the hotel could have done about out of control children.

Location was excellent. Room was clean and spacious. Staff was welcoming uppn arrival. Complimentary breakfast in the lobby in the morning ( was not anything special, but nice option). Overall happy with my stay.

Breakfast was good but layed out awkwardly. It bunches up at coffee and waffle station.

the front desk people Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning acted extremely professional and very friendly. The same goes for the woman who managed the breakfast area.

I didn't have the time to go in the pool. It was very clear and clean.

Building is older, but well cared for. Everything was really clean. It's close to a gas station and conveneince store. I would stay again.

When the hard boiled eggs were gone we asked for some and they had no more,once they are out that was it no backup.

it was clean in the room daily. Front desk were courtous and helpfull.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Night staff was unhelpful. Asked for toothpaste in the AM and said they didnt have any. As I was checking out, I mentioned it to the morning staff and she was able to give me toothpaste, on my way out the door! Totally useless.

Clean, Quiet.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

We originally planned a two night stay, but decided to extend for a third night. When we returned to the motel on the evening of our final day, we discovered that our room had not been serviced. A bit disappointing, but not a huge inconvenience.

Our room was very reasonably priced. The motel was conveniently located right off the highway and close to the ski areas we visited. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

I did not like that fact that we were not notified that a whole team of hockey kids would be on the same floor as us. My fiancée and I were kept up till 3 AM because kids were running around all hours of the night.

heater in room had to keep being reset or no heat and water pressure was so bad unable to shower in the morning and even if i could intermittent hot water , when i mentioned our issues to desk staff in am checkout he couldn't have cared less

evening reception clerk very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Across road parking It has a tired appearance but updating needed...

Breakfast staff very friendly and wiling to refill missing items Evan though it was towards the end of the serving time

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Torn curtains.

Room was just as advertised. Good hot breakfast with an attendant who made our waffles. Breakfast included egg, bacon and sausage along with the traditional continental items Burger King within a few feet.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The total has a very convenient location for travel in the area or into or out of the area. The lakes are close by; although Squam Lake has very limited visability. This hotel is quite comfortable, with good rooms. Not too much notice from the Interstate. The included breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Just road noise really, but very easy access to and from I 93. Maybe some rooms are in quieter area of hotel.

Bed and pillows really comfortable. Very well equipped room, fridge, microwave, toiletries all provided. Friendly staff and plenty of breakfast choices. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Toilet water would not stop running, reported to front desk, no fan in bathroom didn't work making it steamy when using shower, also the bathroom door didn't shut, dragged on the floor making for forcing to shut. Also, requested 1st floor room but got 3rd floor, they claimed no rooms available on 1st floor, but upon talking to tour bus driver with tour that came in later that night with a conflict in from another hotel with no prior reservations, many (all seniors) were given 1st floor rooms, so Booking.com is not this comfort inns priority when it comes to reservations made 2 months in advance.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

From room 203 we could hear what sounded like a water heater popping or pinging. Other than that, all was good.

Good location. Comfortable room. Nice bed. Complimentary breakfast was a nice touch

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

I arrived late friday night, made a prior request for half day check out on Sunday. The room when we walked in smelled smokey but I just went right to bed. The next day when we came back in it was very bad smoke smell called the front desk and a gentleman brought down a can of air freshener as a solution. On sunday when I got back from my race it smelled just as bad. Our windows were closed and we never turned on the air conditioning . When I spoke to the General Manager Issac about this instead of possibly making a mends for the state of the room, he made excuses and didnt' even try to possibly accommodate for the imposition by decrease the half day price or anything. For $179 plus tax a night 40 minutes away from where I was racing this was not cheap nor convenient so i would have expected better customer service especially from General manager!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The WiFi was pretty weak. And the pool area could use a little updating, but that's about it.

All of the staff was very friendly and always helpful. We had a fantastic stay.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Pool area with patio furniture needs updating. Improve backyard and side ground keeping. Suggest to install a vinyl white fence between establishment and neighbor's house to minimize poor side appearance.

Host positive first impression. Cleanliness of room. Beds, pillows and sheets were clean and comfortable. TV and free wifi a plus. Refrigerator and microwave useful in room.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

I broke my leg during my stay - the staff moved me to a handicap accessible room and made every reasonable accommodation of me. Very nice people and a good hotel at a reasonable cost.

Not much nearby but close to highway

Inexpensive. Great staff. Breakfast was good too

We liked everything!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great breakfast!

Not a place for children

Rooms were comfortable and clean. Staff was helpful

It was my daughter's Birthday Weekend Celebration and we all had Awesome time!!! The Hotel was Very Clean and Everyone was super nice!!!

No shower curtain. I told the desk clerk to deduct the safe fee and he did not.

Breakfast nothing special.

Everything as expected. Clean, pleasant, and functional. Will return

room was not very clean...beds were horribly uncomfortable...OUTDATED

breakfast was very good. staff very friendly. LOCATION IS AMAZING

Price, conveniently located , breakfast variety had necessary amenities, room was c clean

A little old and run down.

Good location. Very good complimentary breakfast.

A lovely accommodation. Clean, quiet, and spacious room.

The beds were advertised as queen but were double.

I liked that there was a conversation area in the hall for a late night chat.

Plenty of parking, friendly staff, pet friendly and good value for the money.

noisy some one did laundry at midnight

Good Bed and good breakfast

Wasn't the best location but we were just looking for a clean comfortable room and our needs were met.

Fresh baked cookies everyday,😊

Floors must be thin we could hear everything above us.

Front desk man wasn't the most pleasant but ok.

TV was crappy. Channels wouldn't change with remote.

Good breakfast, good room.

Very good value. Close to the highway, but without its noise (at least for our room).

Bed comfortable. Pillows good. Room very small and needs refurbishing.

had to leave a day early, so also had to pay for a day I did't stay

Bathroom door was extremely difficult to open and close. Air Conditioner was very loud and did not work well. Entire room looked old and dingy.

The bed was very comfortable, the staff very nice, and the breakfast quite adequate.

Could use some updates in decor. Maybe soap and water.

Convient location..very quiet

The friendly staff and the cleanliness of the property. Continental breakfast, outdoor pool and location off the highway.

Not enough towel. Housekeeper didn't clean my room nor knew English

Outdoor pool

Great facilities for kids- the game room downstairs and great pool. They even had a chess set available. My kids favorite hotel.

Staff was very accommodating!

Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Traffic on route 93 was loud

Near my grandsons school

Generally very good, no serious criticism.

Staff was very friendly and were good at greeting us.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

a

Breakfast was great!!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Heater was loud. I had to turn it off to sleep.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Stone cold eggs at breakfast and persistent noise (heating system?) At night

Clean, peasant staff, easy access

I had no cell phone service which was a big bummer.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017