Reviews of Hotel Hwood Near the Sunset Strip 3 stars

7051 Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA

#239 of 376 hotels in Los Angeles

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

After no response to email, i didn't expect more than a place to stay at night. Overall, Okay stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff only responded to my emails after bookings. com. contacted them. No luggage storage. Manager pushes customers to book a tour through him.

The room was clean and beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Never again

The morning staff, the comfort of the bed, the water took 25 minutes to warm up, pictures very deceiving on internet, lobby uncomfortable, unaccomidating

I liked the fact that at least the tv worked

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Try to meet the expectation of guest to feel that they are in a good hotel

It's not a hotel , it's a open lodge with rooms connected with open balcony. On road without any gate or security. However rooms are good but not value for money. I can't imagine the type of lift in any other hotel , even cheap one's. Seems to be 1965 model old. I hope management will close all balconies with glass, will make a gate with security for safe feeling. Lift will be replaced. Pool will be covered and will be kept free from insects. Above all , a reception is needed with seating arrangements for guest to relax. Lobby is just a room corner with reception desk.

Only & Only location. Everything is nearby. Breakfast very good. Staff less but good cooperative. Overall stay fair.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They photo copied my drivers license with my credit card then handled the sheet of paper as if it were not for hotel use. The likely hood I had my identity and credit card stolen is very high.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The hotel was in very close proximity to everything we wanted to see, and the staff were friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Other types of bread rather than just plain white bread for breakfast would have been nice.

The location on Sunset boulevard was very close to the bus stops and the Hollywood boulevard.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

First thing we saw was a cockroach when we entered the room.

First thing we saw was a cockroach when we entered the room. Maid service didn’t do the job and left unknown underwear in our room! Never ever again!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Just don't

I could hear every noise from the street and even people walking in the floor above me. Didn't sleep at all. Every step it's like someone is in your room. No safe in the room. Poor breakfast - i wouldn't call this breakfast.

Only the location. Few minutes walk to walk of fame. Looking back - you can sleep in better neighborhoods for less money and get better value

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

This is the worst hotel that I visited in my life!

Persons working over there aren't polite. Bathroom didn't have hot water, so I was forced to use cold water for showering. AC unit was old and noise. The last day of my stay, I had a late night flight and the hotel didn't want to take care of my baggage while I was walking around the city. The worst thing is that, I was basically forced to leave the town 9 hours earlier because of this issue. I will never come back there and definitely not recommend to anyone this hotel. The worst hotel ever!

Nothing. The only good thing is that is close to Hollywood Blvd.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I neither liked or disliked the room at hotel H wood .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Receptionist was very blunt upon our arrival . There was little to no interaction and little knowledge of credit cards . We were told our Visa cards would not work for payment and only a credit card would suffice . After trying our visa cards our payment was made successfully I was astonished that I was told my Visa debit card may not work in ur machines as it has worked world wide before . Being a hotel I assume you have witnessed different cards regularly and being told it wouldn't work before it was even tried annoyed me . Overall I was annoyed with the iniatial interaction with staff on day 1 . When checking out the staff were polite and welcoming .

I neither liked or disliked the room at hotel H wood . It is what I typically expect from a motel. It had beds , it was clean , an average air conditioning system and a nice shower. Other than that there is nothing more I can say

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great value for money given its location to HollyWood attractions

Not sure how safe this area is at night due to Homeless people in LA Lot of unsavoury people hang around late at night. Water Pressure in Shower was poor - but it is adequate

Hotel HWood is a Motel on Sunset Boulevard, so the location is excellent. Value for Money given the location Breakfast was included, Drinks and Snack vending machines onsite are cheap. Discount clothing shop (Ross) across the road and many other eateries. Short walk to Hollywood walk of fame and Rodeo Drive etc.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Location is the only good thing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A motel with very poor experience! Service: poor Indiaman is very unfriendly at the front desk. I ask Can I keep my baggage? Answer me saying: you can't save it for even an hour! Facilities: The sheets and covers were very old and almost broke. There are cockroaches in the room! Wake up and climb out of the pillow! Environmental Science: It was noisy outside, and the voice was clear. More annoying is that upstairs footsteps can be heard, and can not sleep at all. Breakfast: Only bread, orange juice and coffee are cheap. It is recommended not to choose the worst hotel in history.

Location is the only good thing

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Would definitely recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, the rooms were a little rundown but very comfortable and clean. The location was great, it was a short walk to everything. The bonus was a giant shoe shop across the road. Easy walk to obtain food.

Don't expect to eat breakfast, great location

Breakfast was very poor, disappointment. For 4 star hotel and that price I would actually expected to have at least one not sweet version for breakast. Otherwise don't advertise it as breakfast.

Location good. Lot of shops and places to eat nearby.

The hotel is in perfect location for visiting Hollywood.

AC was quite loud and old, but did the job. You had to wait for some time at the shower when hot water started running.

The hotel is in perfect location for visiting Hollywood. A lot of restaurants, ice cream and coffee shops, supermarkets and other necessary places. Visit iconic Pink's Hot Dogs!

Dont Stay Here!!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were spiders in the closet, the night staff was extremely rude. Night staff refuses to give extra towels even tho kids were in pool, he said that didnt matter you dont get more towels if you were already given some. Breakfast was a joke. We ate out every morning. Only thing they offered for breakfast was sandwich bread for you to toast & cereal!

The location was walking distance to Hollywood Blvd.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location (2 blocks from points of interests)

Poor isolation (the AC are very very loud, it could be very difficult to sleep if your neighbours decide to turn it in during the night)

Great location (2 blocks from points of interests)

Slightly disappointed!

The staff at the reception showed very bad attitude. We came from Las Vegas and were very tired. He didn’t allow us to place our luggages at the hotel nor let us just wait at the lobby. We could just wait at the starbucks nearby for 6 more hours until checkin time at 1.30 pm!

Location is quite good!!

This is not a hotel more a motel as rooms are not inside a...

This is not a hotel more a motel as rooms are not inside a hotel. Rooms were clean, bathroom window could do with replacing and it was old and rusty and nearly fell off is tried to open. Room was ok . breakfast was 7 to 9 which was too early so didnt try it. 5 mins walk to walk of fame and kodak theatre. Starbucks and ihop beside. perfect for a night or 2

It's not an hotel. It's a cheap motel with staff who doesn't speak English well. Super noisy. Located in a poor part of Sunset Blvd. The hotel doesn't keep your luggage after check-out.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Fine hotel close to Hollywood Boulevard

Breakfast could be better, not to many choices. Pool looked old and small, I did try once, but only because it was super hot, not because it was nice.

Fine hotel close to Hollywood boulevard. Nothing special about it. Close to several hamburguers restaurants. Staff was ok and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Very good location, close to the Walk of Fame.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The person at the reception, Mujid, was extremely rude. I was shocked when he told our party of three (talking at usual voices at a table) to move out of the lobby area because he was wanted to speak on the phone. The breakfast has no hot component and is exactly the same everyday! There’s no coffee machine in the room.

Very good location, close to the Walk of Fame. The rooms are clean. There are lots of food options nearby.

Lovely helpful in a well-situated hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is perfect. Just a bit of homeless people surrounding the area - more of regulars.

The location is amazing. It is located next to all sorts of restaurants, coffee shops, shopping areas. Just round the corner from hollywood boulevard. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is a small hotel but you couldn't ask for better in such an awesome location.

Sunset Boulevard Hwood Hotel

First impression of the hotel was not that impressive. Its more a motel than a hotel. Very old elevator but works well. Bathrooms fittings are old but clean. Little over priced compared to hotels in vegas and other locations. That may be due to high demand in Hollywood. Many homeless people around but harmless. Just ignore that. A/C was directed straight to the bed and bit noisy.

Great location. Friendly staff. Reception open till very late. Very clean. Water pressure in bathroom is ok. Many excellent international Restaurants available nearby. Easy walk to "Walk of fame". Overall very good location in sunset boulevard. Small swimming pool but not crowded. Felt more and more comfortable day by day during my three nights stay.

Clean, comfortable with great staff that were happy and friendly. Location was pretty awesome too.

Aircon in the room wasn’t great. Very loud and worked intermittently.

Arrived around 3 hours early to check in and although there was no storage facility, the room was made available within 20 minutes.

Excellent location!

There is a massive homeless problem in LA. You will find them all around this area. Not the hotel’s fault. We were never approached or threatened by any.

Excellent location! Staff was great and always available. Free parking! Good value

Really unhappy with this place.

I didn't like the managment. He was really rude. The way he talked to me made me feel like if I had not pay at all. No one had talked to me the way he did, there is nice ways of saying things. I felt really offended. Breakfast was poor. I'm definitely not coming back.

The worse motel ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was good...however the motel was old with small rooms with extremely small bathroom. Breakfast was terrible. I had to extend for a few more days , went to talk to the manager who tried to raise the room rate and play with the room value and when I tried to explain that doesn't make sense, the manager started shouting at me in front of my kids... who were frightened and intimidated by his look. I tried to be calm .. then the manager raised his finger and told me get out of my hotel tonight. I told him u r by far the worse hotel I have been in. I moved immediately to the days inn which was awesome by all means..

Only the location

Another great staying in Los Angeles, but this time on a fabulous location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location is great - Chinese Theater is just five minutes away. Staff is very helpful and kind. Rooms are clean. Internet is great. There are many restaurants next to the hotel with good prices.

Value for money can't be faulted and for a couple of nights it suited us fine. If you
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room very small for 4 guests. Air con unit was right next to bed so difficult to manage temperature. Coffee was terrible

Very close to Hollywood Blvd. Breakfast selection ok with fresh donuts every day. Parking is $10/day but was included in the booking.com rate

This hotel has been renovated and the staff takes pride in...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Boiled eggs for breakfast option

This hotel has been renovated and the staff takes pride in its cleanliness. Breakfast was a bread fest but nice , Hollywood Walk of fame was just a small 2 block walk from hotel. I will stay here again BIG plus is that Starbucks is next door

Pictures are deceiving

Well location is ok. But wouldn't stay their again for what we payed. Not what I expected. Parking sucks. They charge u $10.per nite To park. . Room was small. Breakfast was a joke.

The staff very nice.

Handy to Universal Studios
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was limited with few healthy options, no coffee making facilities in the room.

Location, good sized clean rooms, parking available 11am checkout

Not as expected for the price we paid
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool is very dirty and small at the back of the parking lot. We looked forward to swim but changed our plan when seeing the dirty pool. Sad. Breakfast choice very poor. Not attractive building . High price for basic accomodation. , mattrass could be better

location, room size, refrigerator, breakfast included, parking lot 10$ per day, 5 to 10' to HWd bd, market close by, WIFI ok, reception personal was good

Good Hotel but can improve
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel does not have any facilities to keep bags if you needed to due to a later flight or earlier arrival. There is no room service available. And no hotel maintenance 24 X 7.

Clean rooms and proximity to Hollywood sights.

In general it is just a motel but next to hall of fame and...

Air conditioner was really loud and breakfast could be better.

In general it is just a motel but next to hall of fame and all kind of shops and restaurants

Good value, basic but nice.

Its as basic as they come.... The rooms were spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable, the check-in staff did a great job. It is a good choice if you're just looking for a place to crash for a couple of nights. Close to Hollywood strip, shops, etc.

Overall we were delighted to have chosen this hotel and we would book here again if we returned.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower, it only took 1/2 of the water from faucet up through the shower head, leaving hardly any water or pressure- and there was no tub drain to hold the wasted water either! Plus the handle to turn it on shut water off in middle?? It was odd. Pop machine needs updated a bit also.

Location, staff, bed, housekeeping was polite and good. The many outlets for electronic devices by beds where great for a family all needing plugins- and look of the room was great and cozy,

Adnan Nazir
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First of all safety features of elevator This was risky. First room was provided with no wifi and then after long discussion room changed but smaller one. Booking.com has to physically check these hotel. Bath room door was no locking. Main door was also having issue.. they are only enjoying location. Very very expensive as compared to provided facilities. Booking.com is also confusing about this hotel. Someone has to physically checked. Moreover a lot of homeless people around.

Only the location.

Good location but horrible place to stay

Poor breakfast. Stale bagels and donughts and not variety in choice. Extreme noise at night felt unsafe Concierge not helpful, asked directions for Rodeo Drive and they said they didn't even know what that is .

Good location close to Hollywood walk

Beaut

No complaints here.

Value for money, close to everything. Bed was soooo comfortable. Slept like a log. Breakfast was OK. Nice sugar fix for 1st thing in the morning !!

Good motel in an urban jungle
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bit noisy, the room was not very soundproof - late-night noisy chat by fellow guests (no fault of the hotel of course!) woke us up. The breakfast is minimal - some toast or Froot Loops in a plastic bowl to get you some calories and carbs to start the day.

Essentially a motel in semi-urban Hollywood. Good location and excellent parking - important stuff in the car-dependent urban jungle that is LA. Comfortable room and beds, slept well (except for one noisy night). Decent value for money.

Room, beds were great.

Big minus that the wifi didn't work.

Room, beds were great. Breakfast limited but good. Nice with a pool. Great location with walking distance to the walk of fame!

Nice hotel, great location.

No storage for luggage before or after check in/out

Friendly helpful staff, walking distance to just about everything in Hollywood, adequate breakfast, nice room.

Convenient for Hollywood and even universal studios, quick accessibility, but could use some TLC.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overpriced for quality. Noticed stain on sheets as leaving, rather disgusted. Manager or owner, not sure, wasn't that friendly and very strict on check out.

The location was great. Parking was nice being I have a truck. Beds decent and for most part clean.. most staff were friendly.

Very close to Hollywood boulevard.

Having to pay $10 day for parking.

Very close to Hollywood boulevard. Breakfast was simple but good. Fresh doughnuts and bagels as well as coffee. Reception staff were friendly. Having a fridge and microwave oven in the room was very convenient.

Nice hotel

The room smells & noisy Many homeless people around (but that’s LA’s problem)

Friendly staff Great location close to Hollywood Free parking! Lot of space! Starbucks and 7/11 supermarket close Good & fast WiFi Good desk & chair to work Breakfast simple but ok

Homeless people, smelly street, poor room.

Room was very noisy throughout the evening. (room on top keeps making weird, annoying sounds that chilled my spine). Room was next to vending machine and cleaner's storage, super noisy all the time.

near Hollywood boulevard and some facilities near by (starbucks, 7eleven) but that's about it.

Descent facilities for a short stay

When checking out I still had most of the day until my flight and would’ve liked to leave my large bag at the hotel while I did some more sightseeing before I needed to leave for the airport. Unfortunately I was told they had no room for storing any luggage so I had to take my large bag with me

Great large bed all I needed for my short stay 😊

It sucked

Management did nothing to stop several alterations that took place all night long. No sleep

Avoid at all costs. No security. Altercations all night long in parking lot on premises. Management did nothing.

Friendly staff

Parking lot not gated, right next to road, but they register the plates for hotel guests only It says “HOTEL h wood” but it’s actually “motel H wood” not a huge issue though still nice place Front desks was closed randomly during the day Shower head had rust, and the toilet seat seemed worn down, not a huge issue though. Would stay here again though, overall great place for the location and price. Would recommend.

Friendly staff Had a slight issue when first checked in, hotel staff resolved it with no issues Everyone here says the breakfast was terrible but me and my girlfriend enjoyed it, thought it was a nice small breakfast (toast, donuts, bagels, cereal, fruit, milk, orange juice, coffee) Amazing location, mile walk if that to Hollywood BLVD Had cameras watching parking lot Neighborhood felt safe with a few good restaurants surrounding it

Well located hotel in Hollywood

I don't like breakfast that has to be eaten in styrofoam cups and bowls. In any case, the breakfast was ordinary and unappetizing. I ended up eating breakfast in outside restaurants.

Great location. Very clean hotel with excellent staff throughout.

Nothing - all good.

Great location, 5 minutes walk from Hollywood Boulevard. Plenty of bars, restaurants etc, right next door. Clean rooms, breakfast good. Staff were excellent and very friendly throughout. From the reception and cleaning staff through to a very nice, polite and friendly maintenance guy! A pleasure to stay here.

Room was clean and the bed was big and comfortable

The hotel has a parking place but they take 10$ for your car You can hear during the night the outside noise Breakfast was equal to zero: just some cereals, croissant ( bought not made there), and donuts nothing healthy and nutritional like in any other places.

Room was clean and the bed was big and comfortable

Great, clean and updated no frills. room in a great location.

Parking spots were very small and difficult to get into when the lot was full. outside / pool area could use a little updating but it looked like they were in the process of remodeling rooms first and then possibly the exterior.

Completely remodeled room and bathroom, very comfortable bed and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. off street parking for a very reasonable fee was nice

One room one car park fasility and location is near to

If we check in earlier or late check out due to flight schedule....this hotel have no storage for your luggage

One room one car park fasility and location is near to hollywood highland

I think it's still worthy because of the location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I can say there's no breakfast. They put some donuts and coffee in the lobby and call that breakfast. Be prepared to eat out. There's no much comfort, rooms are small. Noisy.

I think it's still worthy because of the location. You can walk to the walk of fame.

The location was hard to beat.

Charge for parking, even though the area was set up as a motel style with ample parking. It seemed like the property was looking to squeeze any extra dime out of us. Also the breakfast was very basic.

The location was hard to beat. Very central to Hollywood.

Not good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was really bad, worst coffee I have ever had. Croissants were dry and tasteless. There was nothing to eat at breakfast actually. It was an old place and bathroom at room was useless and small. Not value for money.

Bed was big and comfortable, wifi was good enough

I was comfortable and it was fine for a brief stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The outer appearance isnt the best.But Room was large and very comfy as well as big bathroom and closets.

How close it was to Hollywood Boulevard.Large Room. Bathroom and Closets.

Location was good.

Breakfast was terrible. Both tea and coffee were undrinkable. Cereal was cornflakes only. Plastic plates and cups. In the room, there were no suitcase racks. We had to open them on the floor.

Location was good.

It is clean that’s for sure and they supply you with lots of...

The location wasn’t nice but of course it’s hollywood so there is nothing to expect that is 10/10

It is clean that’s for sure and they supply you with lots of towels

The hotel is located right on Sunset Boulevard, great...

The hotel is located right on Sunset Boulevard, great location for tourists, a short walk to Hollywood and there are shops / eateries on the doorstep

It's all about the location

Although it's comfortable, the look/decor could be more modern.

Simple bedroom, comfortable bed. Simple breakfast, with the basics and free. Very good location, near major attractions.

Good budget hotel in a great location

More like a motel than a hotel. Shade dark in room could do with more central lighting.

Good budget hotel in a great location. Just a walk away from walk of fame and bus tours.

Budget accommodation in a convenient location

I found it quite noisy since the hallway outside your room is outdoors, you can hear everything going on outside - people talking, cars, etc. I could also hear people walking in the floor above me. The shower head was also a bit weak. Don't expect this place to be a cozy stay for a relaxing weekend getaway - it is simply a clean place to sleep.

The wifi worked well and it was within walking distance of Hollywood/Highland metro. The breakfast was simple (toast, bagels, cereal) but adequate considering it was free. The bed is comfortable and the room is spacious. I didn't use the fridge or TV but they were available. In any other city than LA, this price would get you something other than a motel-esque facility but i suppose this is the best one can expect for the price in this city.

Horrible Stay and unhelpful staff, creepy hotel

- checking in was a pain, we had to change room 3 times because the first two rooms don’t lock and it was a safety issue for us. - The breakfast was horrible as they only had some weeks old cereal, bagels and croissant. There was no fresh cream for coffee, and no protein at all (such as eggs). I know it is continental breakfast but atleast have some boiled eggs in the menu. The jam containers were old and the jam seemed years old. It was Infact all watery. - NO SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX IN THE ROOM. When I asked the management if they have one in the lobby, they said no. So our valuables were not secure and we had to take it with us all the time. - The hotel refused to take our baggage for a couple hours after we checked out. They should allow it. Every other hotel in the area allows it (we checked later with Quality Inn near by). This made our trip even worse as we had to go to Hollywood sign with our luggage. All in all, I will not recommend this hotel as it is not safe and the management is not accommodating. We could’ve gotten a far better hotel for the same price in the area.

Location was good as it was close to Hollywood Blvd

If you're looking for a quiet place to stay, this isn't it. But for us it was OK.

1. AC units are awfully loud. We didn't use ours but the one from the adjacent room really bothered us. 2. Floors are very squeaky. The people in the room above felt like walking directly on our brains. :)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Seemed really cheap. Soap was like chalk, shapoo was like a blob tha didnt lather, beds were uncomfortable.

It is close to Hollywood blvd. About a 6 min walk.

Close to Hollywood Walk of Fame

-Smell like smoking room but there were not big ussue for us.

-Good Location . You are able to walk to Hollywood Walk of Fame which is close to Subway station as well

Rats, mouse, cockroaches fullll!

Attention!! Attention!! Never go to this hotel!!!! FULL OF MOUSE, RATS AND COCKROACHES EVERYWHERE!! THE RUDEST RECEPTIONIST EVER WHEN WE WERE CHECKING OUT!! WE ASKED TO STORE OUR BAGS FEW HOURS AND HE REFUSED IN A RUDE WAY!! WE HAD TO SEARCH LUGGAGE OFFICE AND ENDED UP AT AIRPORT JUST FOR THIS!! I TOLD HIM I WILL WRITE SUCH A REVIEW AND HE REPLIED DOESNT MATTER FOR HIM!! THEIR LITTLE BREAKFAST IS NOT THERE EVEN TILL 10 AM!!!! WHAT IS THIS RUSH FOR????

Rats, mouse, cockroaches fullll!!!!!

I was on the ground floor and it was a bit noisy be better to be on upper floor.

Hotel is on Sunset Boulevard close to attractions, shops and restaurants. Staff are nice. I think breakfast is included but didn't have. Big rooms with bathroom, TV and WIFI. There is parking but I think there is a charge.

Good value for money, location was great.

Walls are a bit thin. At the time of our stay there were a group of rowdy people a few rooms away that we could hear. It’s on a busy road too, you can hear sirens throughout the night.

Good value for money, location was great. There’s a 7-Eleven opposite the hotel and an abundance of restaurants and little shops. The busy walk of fame street is about a 5 minute walk away.

A great choice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The whole hotel has a nice charm to it. The staff is friendly and professional. One gets a vibe the hotel has a focus on serving customers well. With close access to stores, services and public transport, I'd strongly recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to explore Hollywood.

Breakfast was much better than expected, the hotel was only...

Breakfast was much better than expected, the hotel was only a 10min walk fro the walk of fame, and metro station. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, staff was friendly. We got there early and they were friendly and let us check in early at no extra cost. Would recommend!

Fair.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The desk attendant was not nice and gave me a very hard time with the fact my license last name was different from my reservation last time because I got married and changed my name. He was very aggressive and not accommodating of it.