Reviews of Comfort Inn Atlanta Airport 3 stars

1888 Sullivan Road, Atlanta, 30337, USA

#138 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

It was under construction and the work was continuous and very loud. Nothing was posted about construction

It was very close to the airport. After arriving on a 12 hour flight from China, it was close to a/p

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

The only issues were: Door to room was not aligned and hard to open/close. Thermostat in room was very to respond or did not keep a comfortable temperature during the night.

Excellent staff, room and amenities. We were served free hamburgers , pickles, drinks, and cake in the evening, and a great breakfast in the morning.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Asked for late check in. Had room booked for Fri thru Sun Ended up getting there at 230 am Sat morning. Was told at check in they would only charge for 1 night and they actually charged for Friday also when I never stayed there Friday at all. And was never Told there would be a charge for Friday.

Very nice breakfast bar. Staff friendly and helpful. Hotel under renovations but clean and comfortable rooms nice bathrooms well stocked and nice.

Paper plates, cups and plastic cutlery.

Room was clean and comfortable. Very pleased to see it had facilities for me to press my clothes as they had become very crinkled. Complimentary breakfast was a surprise. Shuttle bus was so convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

I called in advance to make sure park and fly was an option. I was told yes. However, the person neglected to tell me there was a charge for this. I know I should not have been surprised. but really why not disclose the info. I might have made a different choice in hotel, or even whether to park and fly.

We used this hotel to park and fly (shuttle back and forth to airport). The shuttle drivers were great.

Once you got past the lobby the facilities seemed outdated, and in slight disrepair. Nothing terrible, but not great either. They are also clearly in the process of remodeling so it is hard to judge.

Smoked sausage at breakfast was actually really really good. Very easy to get to from the airport. Staff was very nice, it pretty much met my expectation.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

In our bathroom, there was a wall that had clearly been damaged, and only badly repaired, looking pretty awful and run-down. That kind of thing really needs to be attended to, since the rest of the facility is very nice. Also had issues with our room-key; renovations were going on, which apparently goofed up the key-sensors. However, staff made a point to help us out with that.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We'd lost our cell-phone charger, and because it's an older model, a replacement was hard to come by. The desk-person and one of the cleaning-staff came up with one we could borrow -- and were so nice about it! Breakfast has a nice selection; hot food was hot, and coffee is good. And the location can't be beat!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Check in staff was very nice. We had to come back after a shift change to get another room for our son and the person on duty at that time was equally nice. We had a very stressful reason for being there and the staff made it much easier!

My flight came in at 8 I didn’t get a room until 1 and people came in after me and got a room right away I booked this ahead of time I think I should of got offered a room first and the rooms had no microwave or refrigerator the snacks and drinks was over price

The staff was friendly and helpful always smiling

The internet was slow. Also they don’t have bacon for breakfast.

The free shuttle very helpful. The mirning breakfast was just fine. I didn’t use it but there was always coffee in the lobby. Stuff very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Location was excellent, very convenient with the airport shuttle. The hotel was quiet regarding airplane noise close by. Very clean and compliments to the welcome desk, breakfast organizers and shuttle drivers ...awesome!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

It was far from everything we went to Atlanta to do. We used Uber a lot. Which isn't a fault of the hotel. I should have done more research.

The bed was comfortable. The staff was very helpful. Nicholas was always able to answer my questions with a smile.

the property is currently being updated, which was not a negative at all for me. I look forward to staying here again in the future and enjoying the new look and feel

Friendliness of staff was a plus. Proximity to ATL is perfect

Everything was great.no complaints

Staff was fantastic,breakfast was amazing,great internet,outstanding room..shuttle service was always on time and great..bed was comfortable and the room was very clean

The elavator and halls to the room were very run down, and had an unpleasant odor. The room itself was the same but the bedding was decent. The bathroom was tiny but appeared clean.

The lobby was very attractive. The staff was informative and pleasant.

I think the lighting could be a little bit better.

The staff was excellent they make sure they greeted us each and every time they saw us. Staff make sure we had every single thing we need it for our stay at this hotel. The facility was very clean and well organized really enjoy my stay and we'll stay again.

It’s too noisy due to proximity to the airport. The corridor at night was too noisy too. The neighboring doors opening and slamming felt as if someone was entering my room. Too scary.

Nothing not to like.

Staff went out of their way to accommodate us. First hotel ever that granddaughter received a free gift. Ideal location for airport.secure free parking.free tea coffee and cold drinks throughout day..would stay again.

the only thing I don't like was that I wasn't by to much of nun had to drive everywhere other than that I had a blast

the breakfast and dinner was amazing , and the staff was so nice to me

Cleanliness in halls and elevator, this needed to be vacuum ed. But there seemed to be done renovation being done, so hard to be on top of everything.

Staff was very helpful. BBQ buffet was very nice and appreciated.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Not bright and cheerful. Dated décor. Bathroom appeared clean, sheets were clean, but not sure about the rest. Served the purpose because my flight was cancelled and I needed a place to stay for the night. Good and plentiful breakfast. Pleasant staff. Airport transfer was good.

• One Double Bed Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

Pretty old versus price, old carpets, pretty bad painted, old elevators, old installations without maintenance

Pretty close to airport but there are others

No whole grain bread

I care about the healthfulness of the food I eat. I was pleased to find some acceptable breakfast food. No whole grain bread though.

I liked everything

The staff was very friendly and had cookies waiting even though it was after 10 when we got to the hotel. The hotel was very clean. The breakfast was delicious and included eggs sausage and salsa-my favorite! The shuttle was there to pick me up exactly when they said it would be.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Everything needed renovation. The doors were ugly and old. One of the inside door between rooms had like 5 locks...it was horrible experience.

Nothing! I wanted out ASAP!

VERY old hotel, rugs ripped in the hallways, musty smell in the room, was advised to not leave the premises at night because the neighborhood was dangerous, with high criminal activity which surprised me.

Staff was super kind and polite, breakfast service was good and the airport shuttle service works flawlessly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

It's a bit older and "run down". Not dirty or anything negative like that, just... worn. It could use an update, basically.

The breakfast bar was good! Sausage, bacon,eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc. Good simple choices.

Our flight was delayed until early the next morning. We were able to check in late. The reception staff were very sweet and gave us delivery menus. The hotel lobby, halls and elevator are dated but the room was fine and clean. Check out at 4 AM was easy and they have a shuttle everyday 30 minutes starting at 4 (which is a huge plus)

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Only INSIDE pool facilities My daughter wanted to swim but it was much too cold ourdoors

Comfy beds Great Full.complimentary breakfast Hot and fresh great options including fresh waffles

Stepped through the door and felt cramped and crowded. Hallways dark , poor lighting. Receptionist was "just there" no friendliness about it.

They charged me twice for one night so I had to wait a week for the second charge to drop off my credit card which was annoying since it reduced the spending money i had for my vacation and as a result I wouldn't stay here again

Easy to access from the airport, friendly staff

• Full Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The first room had black tape on the shower head. When you turn on the shower water went all over the place. They changed the room. The second the shower curtain was broken almost all the way off the wall. So keeping the water on myself to shower was a problem. The bed was a little small it was a full size bed.

Shabby, worn, dark, no restaurant and internet wasn’t working

The bed and linens were as I expect from a Hampton Inn. However, the facility is very tired and worn, not dirty but very shabby. Internet never worked, no restaurant or other amenities I expect from a Hilton hotel.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived they couldn't find our reservation. When I showed them my booking on my phone they said sorry it was a usual occurrence with booking.com. They said no rooms were available. I asked for phone number of Hilton honers members services.Manager came out and suddenly they found another room.

The staff other than initially at the desk, was very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Maybe the pillows could be improved a bit but I also understand that it's a matter of personal preference.

Very convenient if you have to flight the next day. Traffic in Atlanta is horrible so you don't want to be stuck in a traffic jam in the morning and miss your flight. The stuff was helpful enough, the breakfast was ok and the room was clean and nice.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Being given a standard room when we had booked & had a guaranteed rate for a Deluxe Room and then being told when we queried it that we had a good deal because their rates were now much higher than we paid! They weren't interested that we had a guarantee from Booking.com and said "what can I say, you got a good deal"!!!

The bed was comfortable and there were tea/coffee making facilities

Clean room, However the hotel room had a HORRIBLE smell! They should consider removing or cleaning the carpet. The room smelled old and was dinghy. The air conditioner kept me awake all night.

The hotel lobby was very nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My only complaints are relatively minor, the carpets in both of our rooms seemed a little sticky/damp and the shower rod was sagging causing the curtain to lay down on the bottom of that side of the tub (which I forgot to report to the front desk). Also, there were no vents in our bathrooms.

The breakfast was great and more than I expected. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. We had 6 children with us and they made our stay work and even exceed our expectations. They made sure we had adjoining rooms and even comped one of the rooms due to an error on their part. We would definitely stay again if we are in the area!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I wish that I had known it offered an option to park for your flight. That was not obvious on the website like on some of the other hotels so the lot was full when we got there. At least you let us know other hotels that also shared their lots.

Breakfast was ok. Bed was fine as usual. But!!! We had requested long term parking for a trip. There was a cost. That was no problem. But when we arrived, they did not honor the request. Said others that booked through them had preference. We were left out. I was furious. We had to find parking for more than double their cost. What a hastle. Won't do that again. We were told if we had booked with them, the parking would have been available and free. We had to pay over $150 for parking.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

This hotel has the basic comforts needed for an overnight stay. The furnishings and carpeting are a bit worn but the staff are friendly. There are only two restaurants within walking distance, a burger place and a Ruby Tuesdays and none at the hotel itself. They do serve a good breakfast buffet.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No information given on return shutitle back to hotel from the airport. We have seasoned traveers so we knew where to go, nut we waited almost 45 minutes for a shuttle back. It wasn't that it was to many people, it just didn't show. It took 2 phone calls to the main desk at the hotel to get a shuttle to us. We had a group of 8 and there were 2 other couples. It was a tight fit, but we all managed to get on the shuttle.

The bed was super comfortable. Nice to have a shuttle to the airport and parking prices were very fair. Staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

I was happy with everything.

free coffee 24x7 was really good as was the free wifi. Other delegates at 'better' hotels nearby did not get either of those. Shuttle service every 30 mins to airport was brilliant - staff very friendly. Cleanliness of facilities was great as was room service.

Upgrade the TV please.

Nothing in particular, it was just basic, but I love the fact that I was comfortable,it was peaceful, pets allowed, families and lots of kids everywhere.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff who checked us in was excellent and efficient, friendly, and informative!! Great breakfast variety! Location close to airport and free shuttle.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Full Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Perfect place for our long stopover, staff accommodated us for breakfast on day of arrival as we would not be there at breakfast time following day. Also assisted with transport to International airport terminal which is not normally serviced by their shuttle. Many thanks to everyone!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I landed at the international terminal looking for the hotel shuttle bus outside only to find that I had to get a bus from International terminal around to the Domestic terminal which took 15 mins driving there. I then had to wheel my bags to where the hotel busses run from waiting about 20 mins for the hotel bus. It was in the open and really cold. I don't recall reading about the hotel bus only being picked up from the domestic terminal. . If you have bags and are on your own it's not easy to make this journey. The hotel is also looking old and tired in its decor but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Staff were also very welcoming.

Great location from Domestic Terminal.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Full Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was really lazy and when I tried to get something to snack on from the snack shop the employees were too busy laughing to them selfs to even notice i was there

The bed was great

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Parking for family that were visiting me was limited.

Breakfast was very good!! Loved the variety and options. Staff was very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable of the area.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There was hair in the tub and the room did not feel clean. If the stay was under $100 those things would have been fine but to pay over $150 for an unclean room was disheartening.

The staff was very nice and welcoming. We loved the free shuttle to and from the airport.

Our first room had an unusual odor. The staff was very accommodating and moved us to another room.

Nice breakfast. Great location and convenient shuttle to the airport. Easy walking distance to local restaurants for dinner.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Temporary charge still showing up on my AMEX account. I paid cash for the room when I checked out.

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Nice place

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The place they have for room service were extremely expensive and not nice. The description in the menu did not match the food that arrived and when I called about it they just kept saying they are closed now and that they "do not use snow peas in 2 years" which is the only reason I chose the dish I did. Also they said they would give a credit back on my account and they never did.

It was very convenient for our flight out at 5am

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The carpet by the air conditioner was soagy and there was not a wide selection of breakfast items available.

The bed was very comfortable and the person at the desk on the morning that I checked out was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Being a Southerner, instant grits at breakfast is an insult. Particularly in the South. If this had been in NY, I could understand.

Location for us was great.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very dark. Window needed curtain with sheers to let light into the room and separate closing curtain for sleeping at night, not the dark shade that blends in with the very dark closet/desk unit.

The front desk staff was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No where did it say that you had to reserve extended parking. That is the main reason we stayed here. Parking was full so we had to park somewhere else for vacstion

Breskfast

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

When we got there we noticed an offensive smell. We realized that the hotel was a bit older and not being one to complain, I thought we would get used to it. However, in the morning I noticed when I took my shower that the bathroom ceiling had a lot of mold on it.Since we were staying three more nights and we were still bothered with the smell, I was prompted to complain. I was offered a new room for the remaining nights without question. The new room had some spots of mold on the ceiling as well and the first water coming out of the faucet in the tub was rusty. I did not complain about it, though.

Friendly staff, good bed, prompt shuttle service. Eggs, sausage gravy, fruit, coffee and juice I was given the first night free without even asking due to mold and smells in the room. Much appreciated.

Close to the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Everything was lovely this hotel will always be my first choice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Noisy air conditioner system.

The Bed was comfortable.

Very clean and comfortable.

Can’t complain

Did not walk the neighborhood. The complinary breakfast was excellent

The staff were very friendly, the room was clean and spacious. They are currently under construction and I’m excited to see the new updates

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Busy with many people. I have to wait for 15 minutes. There are works on the building

Nothing all good

Very good staff Comfy bed Waffles delicious

Nothing not to like

All staff good Comfy bed Waffles delicious

Facility was dated and numerous areas needed small repairs.

Staff were excellent.

no fridge no microwave

The staff! And a decent mattress

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Would have liked creamer and sugar to go with coffee and/tea.

Room was clean and hotel close to the Airport. Shuttle service prompt.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Air conditioning didn't work well.

• One Double Bed Room - Accessible/Non-Smoking

Did not get the room requested; price was higher

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smokingouble

Facility was old and dated but in process of being renovated. Room was small but comfortable beds.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

My pillows and bedding smelled MUSTY 🤮