Reviews of Comfort Inn - Austin This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

700 Delmar Avenue, Austin, TX 78752, United States of America

#153 of 193 hotels in Austin

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

There's better hotels in Austin.

Right when we got off the elevator on the second floor, we noticed a dramatic change in the floor. When we got in our room, which was the first room to the right of elevator, we again noticed the floor much worse. My toddler kept falling because of the big dips in the floor right as you walk in the door and to the left of the door was the bathroom. The pool had what looked like rust all over the pool which might be why no one was swimming. I'm big on breakfast at hotels and this one didn't do it for me. The breakfast would've been good if the fake eggs weren't so salty you could barely eat them and the gravy was very watered down. Other than that, it was alright. Then, my sister asked I'm assuming the son that works there a question and he was very rude with the answer.

The room was cold and there was a closed off bathroom.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Overall good stay. Impressed with facilities.

Entire facilities were very clean and enjoyable. The rooms were cozy and the a/c kept us very cool in the humidity. I was impressed at how upscale this 2-star hotel felt. The receptionist was very kind. We had been relocated from another hotel nearby because they overbooked us. This Comfort Inn easily situated us instead.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Stay was ok, price expensive for noisy air conditioner and small room size.

Noisy air conditioning unit, had to change rooms because first one smelled awful, damp, chemical and damp dog-like. Staff was very nice and made the switch immediately.

Beds comfortable

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

better than expected!

the neighborhoods nearby looked a bit sketchy, but the manager was on point with getting our vehicle info on file and there is fencing around the parking area with cameras. I felt fine leaving my vehicle there in the end.

We didn't have the highest expectation because of the outside appearance, but we were certainly proven wrong! the staff was wonderful, even though we had to wait an hour for check in because their cleaning staff had not shown up that day and the poor gentleman was obviously trying his best to accommodate us and others coming in when we did to check in (granted, we showed up 30 min early). The ladies were nothing but nice and respectful when we came back to check in, during both breakfasts we had and the cleaning lady was very sweet. the pool was awesome and indoor - well maintained. the beds were WAY better than other comfort inn's I have stayed in in SC also. Not saying they were perfect, but they were not rock hard, and the sheets/comforters were not cheap garbage either. The a/c was my only problem because it cooled the room to freezing in 30 seconds (obviously a personal issue, not facility one), but for TX.. if that's my biggest issue, I'm doing really well.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

This place far exceeded my expectations of a Comfort Inn

Didnt like the surrounding properties.

Breakfast was well beyond my expectations. Indoor pool is a nice feature. And the rooms are comfortable with excellent pillows.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Quit and comfortable. Respectable staff

That early check in is not allowed.

How clean the room was. I clean the room with Clorox whips to see how clean it actually is and it was really cleaned.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Great bed
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It was a Friday night, the business next door had music going extremely loud until 2 am. Then the people and cars made a lot of noise until 3:15 am. Not a good night rest.

Great bed

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Austin is nice, but this inn was awful sheets were dirty, honestly I will never stay again.

Got scammed at the front desk, got way over charged then when I brought it up the guy acted like I was stupid.

Nothing, got charged 527 dollars. Then got charged 457 dollars checking out, then the manager gave me a receipt saying the total was 721??? Not possible.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Clean hotel that’s just st good enough.

Breakfast is exactly the same every day. Will not let you take breakfast to your room. Very stingy feeling (only put out tiny amounts of items at a time, for example 3 yogurts, so you have to wait for someone to bring out three more if they are gone. Housekeeping during the stay is non-existent. Be prepared to ask for everything from towels to toilet paper—and then be questioned about why and if you had your “do not disturb sign up” each time.

Clean room (on check in). Updated and modern furnishings. Nice clean pool area.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

The manager is nice and helpful.

The hotel is old and some of the equipments need maintenance. It is close to highway and a bit noisy.

The manager is nice and helpful. The room space and beds are comfortable for two persons

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

5.5
    A standard type of accommodation which provides a comfortable bed but the facilities fall short.

There was no on-site laundry and the heated pool was cold. The room smelt musty when we walked in and the place felt a little tired. It wasn't the usual Comfort Inn standard and yet the price was higher than what we had paid at other locations.

The beds were comfy & the room was clean.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Amazing

The scramble egges were not salty enough

The pillows was so comfortable, and I also like the fact that you can go to the pool even during the winter time 😁

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Good price and good location right off 35 and not far from...

Sheets were not silky they were low quality with thread pills all over. Windows need to be replaced cannot see out of them. Toilets clogged easily - no power to flush

Good price and good location right off 35 and not far from downtown. Enjoyed the indoor pool.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Watch out for $100 security deposit.

The owners/managers have a cultural difference that comes off as rude. After a long flight from the east coast, the owner had a tone that made every other flaw about the hotel stand out. The furniture is a bit worn, and then the need for a $100 security deposit on my credit card, which was not mentioned at booking. Wow and I'm a Choice Hotel member?! In the end I did enjoy a good night's sleep, but glad I had only booked the hotel for one night.

The hotel was located near things of interest in Austin.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Never going back there again.

Didn't book the older Indian guy was so rude I booked at Hyatt. Was very ugly and mean. He had a very bad attitude. I left for that reason, I was not about to book there with them services!!!

N/a

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Fair

The room was musty. It smelled like the carpet has not been cleaned in a very long time. Breakfast was fair.

The location was easy to get to. Right off the highway

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

the staff was friendly and room was very clean and tidy.

he shower needed some water pressure. the breakfast need some work. over all it was a good stay.

the staff was friendly and room was very clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

When me and my family was there around 3 am my daughter started to itch, we found two bed bugs in the bed and one in the other. I will never stay there again.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Good experience

The pool hours were shorter than expected. When showing people around town sometimes we were not able to make it back to the hotel in time to make it to the pool :(

It was easy to get to and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

The shower was clean, a lot of towels.

We didnt like the smell of the room, it smelled like humid and the bed covers were humid too.

The shower was clean, a lot of towels. And we had two beds that was good.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Your home away from home ... A good place to be!

The bathtubs are very slick. I noticed the bed spread and upholstery on chairs in the room were stained.

The entire property is well maintained. Cleanliness is as important to the staff as it is to me as evidenced throughout the facility in our room as well as the public areas. The beds are very comfortable. Despite its location next to the freeway, the interior of the building is very quiet.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Pretty good hotel for the price

The hair dryer didn't work, the wifi didn't work and the pool had windows were everyone in the lobby could see you. Also one of our room keys kept it working for some reason

The pillows were comfy, the employees were really helpful and nice. Good for the cheap price! We only payed $90 for 2 beds

• Reviewed: March 29, 2017

I would return, thank you.

The only thing I would say which is a problem at almost every hotel we've stayed at, my socks get very black. The carpets in the rooms need to be vacuumed, and cleaned. Room had a lil smell.

The bed was wonderful, comfortable, and clean white thick comforterts, front desk was very polite, and the lady in the mornings making the breakfast was sooo sweet and helped out any way she could...all together was a wonderful weekend.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2017

Great place to stay, good value.

I wish we had known prior which rooms had showers vs tub showers as one of us had her baby with her and needed a tub, but we swapped rooms so it was fine. The location was easy to find but was a little far from the fairgrounds.

Good beds and super clean! The staff was very friendly and helpful, great value and our group got a good nights sleep. I will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

Austin , It was Real

The parking was crazy ,and only one entry to the Hotel.They only have one elevator.I didn't like the fact that my vehicle got wet from their sprinkler system

Shower was very nice. The pool was indoor and it stayed open late. Breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: March 15, 2017

It was perfect for its purpose

I was told the room was a quadruple room, it was very nice and clean I just expected a little more roomy...

The bed was comfy. The shower was roomy, the breakfast hit the spot and the pool was perfect!

• Reviewed: December 10, 2016

Spend $15 more and stay away from this one

It's located at a very poor neighboor right by the highway. We arrived very late(2am) so we asked for a late check out and not to be disturbed since we were both going to work next day. With the sign on the door we got woken up twice by the cleaning crew first(with the sigh on!) and then at 11 by the front desk even though we had a late check out. She actually tried to force her self in the roon wile I was getting ready. Non of the staff spoke proper english and to check out it took 20 mins and eventually the manager had to ge involved becuase the girl at the front deak had no idea what she was doing and she lost it when I asked for a receipt. She printed me all kind of things, clearly had no idea what she was doing and she was getting mad at me because I was explaining that was she was giving me was not a receipt. The room was ok. Not the cleanest or the most comfortable but we survived. For $80 a nigh(and this was a special rate) you can do much better than this.

The bathroom was fairly new

• Reviewed: November 15, 2016

The staff was really great - very friendly, lots of people...

I wish it was closer to town, but those hotels cost a lot more, so we stayed out a bit. The price was good. It is easy to get on I-35 to go straight into Austin, but getting back was confusing because there is no exit off the highway so we googled a back way through the neighborhoods that worked a lot better.

The staff was really great - very friendly, lots of people working there to make things go smoothly. We arrived at breakfast late and they didn't mind at all. The room was clean and the queen beds were very comfortable. It is one of the few hotels that offers queen beds instead of doubles, which is why we stayed here.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Will not recommend or stay there again.

The room was dirty and smelled musty. The breakfast food wasn't good. Closet door wouldn't stay shut. Wouldn't even let my grandbaby on the floor to play. Will never stay there again.

The staff was nice.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Relaxing stay

The customer service was awesome and everyone was very welcoming

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Average

Amenities needs updating and the rooms are old and not well kept.

Close Proximity to School

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Noise next door bar

The sound from next door Bar eleas awful

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Stay was good.

Didn't refresh our towels.

Hot breakfast. Comfortable bed and pillows.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

distance to the outlets.

receptionist attitude

distance to the outlets. The Domain

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Everyone perfect

Excellent in every way

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

The property was close to the park i was visiting.

A lot of construction going on

The property was close to the park i was visiting.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Comfy but over budget

It seemed a little outdated and the elevator smelled funny. Breakfast wasn't good

The staff responded quickly to our needs

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Convenient to express way

More lights in front of hotel to walk to Applebee's next door. Or back bridge lit up.

Convenient to express way

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Poor

I spend 6 nights. They told me I could not bring food up for breakfast . Needle on grass. Broken glass on grass

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Great place

Staff was great

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

friendly staff

friendly staff

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

I've had much better accommodations for less money at other chains.

The eggs were meh.

The sausage, pastries and coffee was good.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

The stay was good, will book there again.

Housekeeping could of made our beds and take out the trash.

Everything was ok

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

The beds were dirty and the shower head didn’t push out a...

The beds were dirty and the shower head didn’t push out a lot of water.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

The staff was super nice.

The room didn't smell very good and there was a roach in ours. Beds were just ok.

The staff was super nice.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

If the price was higher, I would've expected better quality meat for breakfast and the military chan

For the price,nothing.

Bed was comfortable. Hot water was quick.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Treated like family!

Staff is great!

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

It wasn't the best hotel experience I ever had but it was great for just a simple girls weekend out

They had an ant issue when I was there but the staff was super polite about it.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Didn't like at all

Didn't like at all

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Rude staff

Rude staff

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

Very relaxing peaceful and restful place to stay

Floors a little grungy

Pillows I loved the pillows

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Great owners, very nice. rooms and facilities were underwelming.

Pool left a film on our skin

• Reviewed: August 19, 2017

Ok

I requested a non smoking room through the app but the room reeked of smoke

The breakfast and the front desk employees

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

No toilet paper in room. Whole place was really musty and ac was set on 89 so it was humid never again

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

I would stay there again.

It was great for the price. Comfortable beds, goid breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Eggs need work.

Eggs need work. Maybe add potatoes to the breakfast menu, need cold water and access to Ice near breakfast

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Great trip!

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

Bed was comfy

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Nice place for the price.

Stairs ways dirty, need vaccuming.

I liked that the rooms had a fridge and microwave. Clean room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

Not bad for the short time we were there.

Room smelled musty.

Only 20 minutes from where I was going. We didn't have to sleep on the street so it served its purpose.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2017

Comfort Inn helps 21yo drunk
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean or ready for us when we walked in

Manager let me leave my car in the parking lot the whole day after we checked out

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

Location was ok.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Noise from nearby bar or club. Size of the room was small.

Location was ok.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

The bathroom was clean no stains on shower curtain or in tun

Water stains on ceiling in restroom , second bed had stains on sheets

The bathroom was clean no stains on shower curtain or in tun

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

NEVER AGAIN

I did not like nothing there at that place ...

This place was horrible...and the sraff were also very rude...

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

Nice short visit!

Rooms were newly remodeled, clean and comfortable, pool was clean, and the breakfast staff was delightful.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

comfortable bed. friendly staff.

Smell in room and elevator. Blow dryer in bathroom did not work.

Comfortable bed. Great breakfast

• Reviewed: October 3, 2016

It was worth the money for the stay!

Cleaner sheets

The bed was beyond the best!

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Very nice
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Clean and bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2016

I will not recommend it to any one

The hotel smill was bad especially the rooms and the elevator

The beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: August 23, 2016

The beds where comfortable and pillows, Ac blows really cold.

The beds where comfortable and pillows, Ac blows really cold.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2016

Tell people it is under construction as the cost for the...

Tell people it is under construction as the cost for the discomfort was totally ridiculous. Have had better rooms at Motel 6. Breakfast was a joke as ran out of food and I was there at 7am also the ac in room did not work made me wait over an hour to let me move to another room - should refund at least half my money back to me

• Reviewed: May 8, 2016

Clean, the price was good, location is pretty good too.

The elevator had leaked that much oil that the air inside was gross and hard to breathe. Breakfast was average, biscuits were very hard and dry.

Clean, the price was good, location is pretty good too. Room was well cleaned and comfy.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2016

The first room had an empty bottle, used bandaids along with...

The first room had an empty bottle, used bandaids along with other trash on the floor around the bed. Blood was also on the wall. The second room wasn't much better.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2016

The hot water didn't work well.

The hot water didn't work well. Hairs on the pillows. Shower curtain mildewed. Right next to a restaurant like hooters and they had a souped up car rally and kept revving their engines until 2 am.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2016

Staff was friendly, breakfast was good.

Room could have used some freshening up. There were stains on the floor, the furniture looked a little beat up, etc. The worst thing in we found a pair of soiled underwear behind the door of our bathroom that the cleaner must have missed...

Staff was friendly, breakfast was good.

There are also 74 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.