Reviews of Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek 2 stars

0161 West Beaver Creek Boulevard, Avon, CO 81620, USA

#6 of 11 hotels in Avon

It was an okay place

Beds were full size not queen. I went up to the front desk and asked for a late check out and didn't get it I was locked out of my room after coming back from eating breakfast luckily the cleaning lady was thereto get my belongings

Nice clean comfortable lodge feel in a gorgeous setting!

The breakfast was just average. Pastries were quite dry.

Beds were comfortable. Checkin/breakfast area was very nice and cozy with log accents and a fireplace.

Yummy breakfast, great hot-tub, excellent value for price!

Breakfast was awesome, and was much better than we had been expecting from a free hotel breakfast. Strawberry and normal waffles, eggs, sausage, hardboiled eggs, yogurts, pastries, cereals, oatmeals, juices, coffees and tea! Coffee and tea were available all day, and in the afternoon fresh popcorn was put out! We also swam and spent time in the hot-tub which were both a great toasty treat even with the fact that it was raining during our weekend there. Great value for how easy of access you have to Beaver Creek and Vail.

Nice room, but paid too much!

Paid too much! Was told I could have paid $20 less per night if I had gone directly through the hotel! Not enough seating area in the morning for breakfast.

Food was good. Good selection. Room was clean and comfortable. Adequate parking.

Smile, smile, smile.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Surly receptionist on arrival. Greeted by Checking in? (Yes) ID and Credit card. To which I replied I assume you mean please. We were out skiing from 0830 until 1530 on day one. Came back for hot shower to find room had not been serviced. When quiried with reception told they had 70+ rooms to do? We were booked in for 14 days and check in time is 1500. Late room servicing all during stay but no complaints about quality left tip.

Good value for money great location for ski bus

Large rooms with very comfortable beds.

Scrambled eggs were too salty the second morning. Could extend the breakfast hours with a little later.

Large rooms with very comfortable beds. Breakfasts were very good, high in protein and lots of varietitt

An expensive but comfortable stay, let down by a poor breakfast.

No kettle in the room - we Brits like to drink tea and can't boil water in a coffee machine. Very poor breakfast, especially for the money. Paper plates and bowls and plastic cutlery?! Seriously? No concierge facility to provide secure area for bags to be stored. Excessively expensive.

Twin double beds so plenty of room. Helpful staff who let us store our bags behind reception prior to check-in.

It was great. I love that the bus for the slopes stops right outside!

Room was dated, bathroom was small and there was a hole in the door and paint or something smudged on it. Perfectly functional, but that seems like an easy thing to fix.

Clean large rooms, good cookies, good location

Free breakfast was crowded and they kept running out of the few food items they had. There was no hot water for the oatmeal

Clean large rooms, good cookies, good location

Just ok. Could have been better.

Had problems with accessing the door to the stairwell. The wallpaper in the halls was pealing. Bathroom was cramped. No USB ports anywhere and no electric outlets near the table.

Breakfast was good. Bed was comfortable.

Outstanding value!!!

Excellent value for money in a high rent area close to Vail where its tough to get anything under $500!!!. Very clean and comfortable and well organized. Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Will definitely stay again

Breakfast was great.

I wish there was a shuttle that went to Vail ski resort, but there is one that goes to Beaver Creek. Pricey for what you get but it's near ski areas so that's expected.

Breakfast was great. Outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Fitness center could use some updated equipment

Nice comfy beds - great internet, and nothing you would need...

Very small areas to have breakfast in - all standing on top of each other....

Nice comfy beds - great internet, and nothing you would need to ask for, as it is all there

The breakfast was good.

There was not enough seating for breakfast. There was only one very small tube of lotion. Not much in the way of amenities.

The breakfast was good. Staff were nice.

Worked for a last minute stay

The woman who checked us in was very condescending. We told her that they closed Vail pass due to snow, therefore, we were going to have to wait it out and stay in town. She replied with ‘What?! Did they?!’ and when I started explaining more about the situation to her she responded with ‘Yeah, we know way before you guys do.’ Okay... rude, but what really made me mad was when she corrected me on the way that I say my last name. It’s Herrera, a Hispanic last name but I don’t normally roll my R’s when I say it and she corrected me on that. Definitely not professional whatsoever. I wish I could remember her name right off hand but I’m sure it’s on my receipt.

Great value and close to Beaver Creek.

Rooms are fairly heavily trafficked and so are showing their wear - to be expected in a mountain resort area but elevator area and carpets are kind of dirty.

Good value for the Beaver Creek area - incredibly convenient access to the shuttle bus to the resort base. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast is appreciated and lobby area is quite comfortable.

Easy place to stay at great location and staff is very nice

Check out is at 11am but the property is empty, it is low season but the price isn’t cheaper.

Easy place to stay at great location and staff is very nice

The staff was accommodating, helpful and friendly.

Can't think of anything that we would improve.

The staff was accommodating, helpful and friendly. We didn't actually eat breakfast there, but did have coffee and it was great. The room was well appointed, clean and comfortable.

Not much impresses with the hotel!

Hotel was old...rooms were paper thin...heard the ppl on each side of me when I was trying 2 sleep until 3am in the morning! & then again around 6am!....no quietness what so ever in the rooms! I was so disgruntled with this hotel...I checked out 4 days earlier than I was suppose to! Very bad experience! !!Will never stay at a,Comfort Inn AGAIN!!! Extremely BAD experience & this was the 1 st time I EVER stayed at a Comfort Inn & the LAST time!!!

Not much impresses with the hotel!

The carpet had a little area where the carpet was shredding.

The carpet had a little area where the carpet was shredding. There was a hole in the wall missing an electrical outlet and the light in the bathroom was not working when we got there.

An older property.

Went for breakfast and found no where to sit. Then after people started to leave we found it to be one of The worst breakfasts ever.

Location and quiet

TV and channels were good.

Lobby not connected to rooms. A lot of construction workers at breakfast made it a bit crowded.

TV and channels were good. Full breakfast. Nice beds. Proximity to Beaver Creek and Vail was good. Walmart also close by.

Horrible! We will not be staying here again.

This hotel is in desperate need of a remodel. It is located right next to the I-70 which makes the rooms very noisy. It should be noted that this is a non-smoking hotel with a smoking section located outdoors, however many guest chose to smoke in the non-designated area which made it undesirable for others. We had two queen beds in our room and both of them were uncomfortable. Furthermore, the Comfort Inn wanted to charge me an additional $5.50 for a "resort fee" because it was booked from a 3rd party (Booking.com). This fee was not advertised and I disputed the charge based on principle. Although, it appears that you are getting a good deal on this hotel, I would advise against staying here.

While there Great!

NA. The ride up the hill with everyone else tunneling down to one lane on the highway headed east no fault of yours but very long and tedious! Complaint to Colorado trans!

NA

Pool good size, hot tub a hit.

Not much. All was good! Only 1 night stay so no real chance to find negatives

Pool good size, hot tub a hit. Breakfast buffet good, with plenty of space to eat.

Great choice!

The breakfast was superb. Wide variety and very peaceful setting. It really felt like I was in a mountain resort! The room was very spacious and hallways clean. There was large coat hooks by the door that I would think to be helpful in the ski season for jackets etc. There was a separate vanity area in the main room which was nice to have in addition to the sink vanity. It is a bit of a walk to the front desk/breakfast, but not inconvenient. I wish I could stay at a place like this every time!

I loved staying at this hotel!

I loved staying at this hotel! It serves a great breakfast! The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very spacious. Plus the price was right.

Good location, clean, needs a little updating in areas, but overall a good stay.

Second room had issues. Bathtub drain cover not actually attached , and the air conditioner made lots of noise and not one bit of cold air. Ended up opening windows since it was cooler outside. No message regarding how was our stay, and when I mentioned the AC problem, no ansnwer. Front desk staff not exactly unfriendly, but not what you would consider welcoming.

Breakfast was pretty good, eggs, sausage and waffles. Two stays a few days apart, first room was better than second. great central location to town, and beds were comfy. Nice little message from front desk asking is how we were enjoying our stay, and I mentioned one light bulb out. They changed it in 15 minutes.

Had made a mistake in booking and Todd at the front desk...

Had made a mistake in booking and Todd at the front desk went above and beyond to help correct my error and accommodate myself and the people traveling with me. Thank you agin Todd for all your assistance.

Good value, great sleep

Friendly staff, beds were comfy, room was very clean. Minor maintenance issues resolved very quickly. Maids were cheerful and helpful. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise with eggs, sausage and fresh Belgian waffles.

Location was good.

After looking at what was available for breakfast, we chose not to eat at the motel. I had requested a shower seat; it was dirty with mold dripping from the feet when they brought it to our room.

Location was good..

Gem in Vail

Parking was a problem due to event being held. Would also have extended my stay but prices increases $50 per night.

Breakfast was great. Service exceptional. Always pleasant stay!

Awesomeness all in one!

Excellent breakfast provided! Staff so friendly and easy to talk to. We had booked at a diff hotel and were devastated to find that they had our reservation wrong - and for this time of year we just knew we were out of luck - checked booking quickly found comfort Inn - it was reasonable location was excellent and our vacation was saved - thank you sooo much

Good value for the price.

Toilet was not secure to the ground and wobbled. Never received a copy of my invoice. Tried to get one at the front desk at checkout. They said it would be emailed since I made the reservation on line. Never received an email.

Good value for the price.

Great stay at Comfort Inn in Avon, CO.

We wished the pool had been open later at night. It closed daily at 10:00. That was usually around the time we got back from our activities so we didn't get to enjoy it at all. Besides that, I highly recommend this place to stay in.

We had a wonderful experience at Comfort Inn in Avon, CO. The price was very affordable and the location of the hotel was great! We enjoyed breakfast and were surprised to see how clean the whole place was. We also enjoyed the workout facility they had. Even though it wasn't very big or had a lot of equipment, it was enough to get a quick workout in while in vacation.

Beautiful property, beds could use updating.

The carpet in our room felt like it had not been vacuumed. The key card had to be tried two or three times before it opened the doors. Updates are needed.

Large room - plenty of space to spread out.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Payment confusion. On arrival, we were informed that payment of $490.08 had been made 14 days prior. This would have been by Visa thru Booking.com.However the $490.08 has also shown up on our Cash Passport Mastercard, causing us to think payment has be duplicated. Can you please clarify this for us.

Large room - plenty of space to spread out.

It is what it is...you just get charged for what it isn't.

Pool was small. Room had burnt out lightbulbs in bathroom and by beds. Shower head plate at wall was loose and hanging. Bathroom was once a closet I think.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Wonderful Night Near Vail

The staff was very courteous and professional. The room was comfortable. The lobby/breakfast area was cozy. There was a fireplace with a fire going. The complimentary breakfast was good. There was a variety of choices.

Good stay at Good Price

Good bed; desk for working; free wifi; pool; hot tub; easy parking; good location for Vail or Beaver Creek; good bus service to Beaver Creek in ski season; good breakfast included; WSJ and local paper available.

Great place for the $$

Shower curtain in bathroom did not extend all the way across so water was getting out all over floor and wall. Will eventually turn into a problem for hotel.

The staff was very friendly, breakfast was yummy and bed was soooo comfy. Great location for the price. Would definitely go back again.

It was close to the Steadman Clinic & easy access.

They said the room was none smoke room, but it smelled of smoke, so someone had to have smoked in the room. Desk clerk was friendly.

Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Good location on the bus route

Pool area is exposed to parking lot traffic. More privacy fencing would have made the area more comfortable. This is an older hotel and shows it's age. The lobby and rooms could use an update.

Good location in the free bus route.

Comfortable stay.

It was expensive for a one night stay.

Good breakfast, clean room and friendly staff. We just needed one night before setting off for another resort. The Comfort Inn was convenient and close to where we had been staying.

Great stay for families!

Not anything. It is great.

This place is an excellent value. This was our second stay here and we will be making it a yearly visit. All the little touches make it great. Free parking, comfy beds, firm pillows in back and soft in the front, older building (perhaps that is why only 2 star?) but very clean. I like the breakfast because I could eat fresh hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit with sausage. The kids loved the cereal, pasteries and making their own waffles. Good coffee. Warm outdoor pool and hot tub are fun. Also an easy bus ride up to the ski mountain. We will be back again!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Very convenient for ski bus to BC good standard and gives a...

Avon is expensive. Dull town centre and restaurants. Avoid the gondola.

Very convenient for ski bus to BC good standard and gives a positive vibe. Good skiing nearby.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Convenient stay on the way to Vail/Beaver Creek

The room was comfortable and relatively quiet. Breakfast was good with eggs and bacon in addition to the usual hotel bread offerings. Coffee could have been better but in general a relatively affordable place to stay.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Reasonable priced stay next to the resorts.

The hotel is getting tired. Things like the wall paper coming loose from the walls in the hallways and rooms. The hotel could use a renovation. I would stay at this hotel again though since most of the other places in the area are pretty expensive during ski season. Just note that you will not be credited Choice points if you book through booking.com. The reason I was told is that most of the money from the reservation goes to booking.com

The location is good. It's close to Beaver Creek Resort and is only a ten minute drive to Vail resort. The rooms are comfortable and the beds are good. Wifi worked good and is complimentary. Hot tub and pool are outdoor and both are good. We used them daily after a day on the mountain.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Need to do some mold mitigation.

Noise via hall and room next door. Black mold, simple fix. Bathroom tub had black mold and wall adjacent had mold as well with smell. This property could be a 7 or 8 but management needs to monitor, inspect and mitigate mold issue.

Location for bus pickup to BeaverCreek.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Not the Hilton, but very much a value property. Train staff member to be great.

I came in one night and the night desk clerk/mnger was rude to me about one of my guest parking. made a comment, "well you already have one vehicle assigned to this room,....but I suppose I'll make an exception", I was, up until that moment, very pleased with the property. Rude should never be an option.

bed was comfortable and the breakfast the next day was excellent. Scrambled eggs and other items were fresh and delicious.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

It was a Christmas gift to my family from my awesome in-laws!!

I have nothing negative.

Staff was friendly. A great place to stay to go skiing. Breakfast was awesome in a cozy setting with fireplace. Free shuttle to Beaver Creek (restaurants, spas, rentals, etc.) Booked through Booking.com; nice place for the price.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

We felt at home, very cozy place and loved breakfast.

Maybe the back entrance and the elevator need a bit of renovation.

Very good location. Breakfast was great, although not huge, and the dining room was very cozy and was much better than what I saw in the photo. Nice room and excellent wifi. Easy parking. Wonderful staff!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Good price, dated bathrooms, unhelpful staff

Dated. The manager also told us that we had two reservations when we clearly did not. He indicated he couldn't solve the problem and to call booking.com. He basically said, not my problem, so this put me off

Good price, proximity to Beaver Creek and shuttle pick-ups were close for skiing

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Friendly staff ad cleanliness

Bed was very uncomfortable. We both woke up with back pain, so much so we joked that the name should be changed to Discomfort Inn

Friendly staff ad cleanliness

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Wow. I can sleep,hot tub, and walk right out the door to the ski shuttle after a great breakfast.

I could hear a little through the walls.

The hot tub was great. The front desk people were so nice. The shuttle to the ski area was right out the door.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Comfortable place to rest after surgery.

Didn't get a chance to try everything, so I didn't find anything I didn't like.

Not a whole lot to talk about. I was there for surgery, so I was just happy having somewhere comfortable to sleep before a long drive the next day.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Excellent location, but needs to be remodeled!

The hotel is terrible shape, it really needs to be remodeled. Also we had some very loud neighbors and the walls were paper thin, so we could hardly sleep at all. Called the front desk twice , but they weren't able to help at all. The staff was very nice. Too bad the hotel is in such a bad shape...

Location!!!!

Stay at Comfort Inn

Overall I was satisfied with my stay. Nothing particular was negative,

The hot tub was nice and relaxing. When I checked into my room it smelled like cigarettes. I called the front desk and within 10 minutes was transferred to a new room that was nice and fresh. Big thanks to the lady at the front desk for taking care of it so timely!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Location and beds were very comfortable.

Rooms need maintenance. The first one they gave me had a bad smell and the closet door was broken. I went to the front desk and asked them to give me another room and they did, this one was better.

Location and beds were very comfortable. Staff at the front desk was very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Great Value ~ Exceptional Staff!

not that it could be changed, but the office and breakfast area being in a separate building results in going outside to get breakfast, etc.

nice breakfast. attentive friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Housekeeping threw out some of the lids to my toiletries and also threw out a toothpaste that wasn't empty.

Great location with bus stop right out the front and short walk to shops.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Great location & value for $$

Breakfast is rather basic at times. Plastic plates & cutlery lets it down.

Location is excellent with ski transfers right outside the door. Easy walking distance to many very good Avon bars/restaurants. Pool & Hot Tub open all day, excellent facilities.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Will be using booking.com for all my future travels.

Great night sleep, close to everywhere we were going. Very friendly staff could not have ask for a better location and best of all really great deal, Thanks Booking.com

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Not your fault, but when I checked in I found that it would...

Not your fault, but when I checked in I found that it would have been about $25. cheaper if I booked directly through you. My internet search of lodging in Avon never gave me your phone #. Again, not your fault. Everything else during my stay was excellent.

The bed very comfy.

The cooked part of the breakfast quite poor, obviously not cooked on site. The rest of the breakfasts ok. Had to call reception for loud tv and voices in adjoining room late at night.

The bed very comfy.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

At the modest price we were expecting "just...

Can't think of anything.

At the modest price we were expecting "just adequate". What we got was comfortable, spacious attractive accomadations, friendly and helpful staff and a very nice breakfast. A great choice for a couple of weary travelers.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good location, comfortable rooms, nice staff.

The waste at breakfast is really hard to watch - everything goes in the trash every day. It's all paper and plastic products. Would be so nice to see real utensils and plates/bowls although I'm sure there is no dish washing facility at the hotel. But this kind of waste is really disgusting.

Nice selections at breakfast and nice staff.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Very pleasant

The people next door went in & out and we could hear them talking in the hall and in their room.

Nice beds, wi Fi, and room had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Good place to stay when driving to a meeting.

There were adequate AC outlets for my CPap, cell phone charger and computer. It was relatively easy to get on and off the interstate at this location.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Great breakfast! Not going back though.

Bathroom looked like a converted closet. Couldn't sit on the toilet and close the door, very small. So small I won't ever come back. The pool area was open from 9 to 9. Horrible hours.

The continental breakfast was great. Pillows were very fluffy.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The Inn truly deserves its name

The location of the Inn: we had a hard time finding it, too many not clearly delineated round abouts

The COMFORT : bed, room, excellent breakfast with many choices, graciousness and helpfulness of the hosts

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

At check-in they did not have our reservation in their...

At check-in they did not have our reservation in their system even though we booked two months in advance. They gave us another room (though it was a double room, not a king like we originally reserved). The entire check-in process took way too long - and that was with several other people standing in line behind us. Breakfast was mediocre and not enough tables to seat everyone. Overall, not very impressed other than the location.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Unforgetable

Our neighbors were too loud at 3:00 a:m in the morning, but i called the office and they sourted it out

The location was great! And overall a good hotel.

Very good value in the expensive Vail, Beaver Creek area.

Good breakfast, good bed. Close to a nice park.

Would stay here again!

Beautiful location. Close to highway. Excellent rooms. Very comfortable!