Reviews of Comfort Inn Downtown Charleston 3 stars

144 Bee Street, Charleston, SC 29401, USA

#65 of 75 hotels in Charleston

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Hotel is in the process of being updated but construction...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was a little challenging but free. We only had one time where we had to wait (10 minutes) for a space to open up.

Hotel is in the process of being updated but construction did not interfere with our stay.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

We enjoyed our stay! The staff was very welcxoming and helpful....recommended a good restaurant!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast eggs, sausage, and potatoes didn't appear very appetizing , but other options were fine.

We thought that the room was comfortable, clean, and certainly met our needs. The front desk woman was MOST helpful! On-site parking was a plus... We LOVED Charleston and hope to be back!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The rooms were updated and clean Like the fact that we could...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

we Came back from our day out and the cleaning people had left our door open. We checked out at 6:45 am no employee was manning the desk, just left the keys on the desk.

The rooms were updated and clean Like the fact that we could take a taxi for 8 dollars into downtown Charleston

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The staff was very nice but it was to far from downtown for our liking.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It had a musty smell and we bought a candle to help get grid of the smell. The bed were not as comfy as ones we had stayed in the night before.

The room was spacious and clean

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The staff were very friendly and helpful
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean. There were obvious bodily fluids on the bed, i pointed it out to the manager who immediately put us in a different room, however, the next room’s AC was broken. I picked this hotel because I was having a major operation the next morning and wanted something conveniently close to the hospital. We arrived so late, we didn’t have time to go to a different hotel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great place to stay
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Great room with comfy bed and all amenities like fridge and coffee maker, good location, breakfast was decent, I would stay again if visiting Charleston

Even thought it started off as a bad night, the hotel made it right.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Got in late. The AC had drained back into the room, hence the floor was soaked. I told the front desk that I wasn't moving for the night BUT I expected action for the next night. They assigned me a new room the next day.

Breakfast was great! Hotel management handled a bad room properly.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The location in the Medical District was good.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The lobby was cramped and a little chaotic. The rooms need freshening up and the housekeeping was uneven, forgetting to replace towels and cups. However, it was good for the price.

The location in the Medical District was good. Not only for access to the hospitals and clinics but it was walkable to downtown, if one was fit. It was a reasonable price for the location. Charleston is a very expensive city.

Everything else was fine
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Disappointed in location, we thought it would be closer to downtown We sit and waited and waited AND WAITED for the Shuttle Bus, never showed up This happened twice!! We waited in the heat for an hour both times.

Everything else was fine

Was handy to the downtown shuttlebus.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No coins at reception for the laundry. Dryer didnt work. Wifi didnt work in the rooms, so had to sit in the hallway.

Was handy to the downtown shuttlebus. Danielle on reception was awesome.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

pleasant
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

close to market street restaurants and stores. Tour the area and it was good to see downtown Charleston .Will go back to visit. A lot of history to see

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

At least it was downtown.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool leaking in the lobby. Didn’t keep up on cookies and tea amenity. Room was smaller with one small chair for TV or reading.

At least it was downtown.

Short and disappointing
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Property pictures looked like it had a balcony which it did not. The pool closed at 8:30 instead of nine and the breakfast was terrible - the only thing good that they had was the cereal.

I liked that the beds were extra comfy and the shower got really got which made for a super relaxing shower.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Could have found better
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Went to breakfast 15 minutes till closing and there was hardly any good left and they would not put anything more out when asked. One muffin no yogurt 2 slices of white bread. I did get the last banana. Yay. Requested to move to another room due to too much noise from stairwell door. Could not accommodate.

Clean and comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Our stay was very good. That is why we continue to choose this facility.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is a little tricky. But adequate if you arrive early. Need more handicap parking.

Friendly, helpful staff. We have chosen this facility for our visits since 1994. Convenient access to hospitals.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Overall the hotel was good for the price.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Overall the hotel was good for the price. The location was a few miles away from the historic district but we were fine with that. Nothing a $7 to $10 Uber ride couldn't fix. We slept like a baby in their king size bed and had amples of space in the room. We packed snacks and was very happy to see how big the mini fridge was. Breakfast was good. Much better than other hotels I have stayed at. All-n-all it was a great stay and a great trip with my love. If you need to ball on a budget.... this is your hotel to pick. Best travels to everyone :)

Perfect hotel to stay for a few nights in Charleston!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only 2 Elevators and Housekeeping blocked one during checkout time... if we didn't have a heavy suitcase, we would have taken the stairs.

Familyfriendly! Nice Pool. Great Location, just a 10 minutes bus drive to the historic district. Yummy Breakfast!

The hotel was great for the price and close to a lot of things.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

They put your room number on the parking pass you have to display in your car window when parking at the hotel. I think that is very dangerous

Breakfast was great. Hotel is close driving distance to everything

BED BUGS!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Left after two day stay covered in bed bug bites. Called hotel several days in a row after stay and could not speak to a manager (always in a meeting?!?)

Great family hotel!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was an older property that has been updated. Elevators are pretty slow. Not within walking distance of the downtown area which we knew when booking. However, it was a cheap $6-$7 Uber ride to get to Charleston City Market. If you are looking for a hotel in the heart of it all, this hotel is not perfect for you.

Newly updated. Great breakfast! Bedding was very comfortable! Pretty neat rooftop pool on the 3rd floor. This was a big plus for the kids. Nice ice machine a vending areas available. Gym is also available. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great family hotel!!!

Overall, this is a good place to stay. Just don't expect a good hot breakfast.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast needs to be watched closely. No coffee, no hot food except for eggs. Everything was empty with no refills before I had to leave.

Comfortable room. Clean.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

We had an enjoyable stay!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It was farther from King Street than we realized when we booked it. We used Uber and it worked out fine. The lights did not work at the pool at night.

The help was friendly, helpful and kind. They always had smiles on their faces and always offering to help out in any way. The other guests in the hotel we friendly as well. We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again!

Good experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was just OK Eggs were so so and oatmeal was by the packet versus premade.

Location and cleanliness. Also appreciated that I could leave my car at the hotel during medical appointments.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

parking sucks but Breakfast very good and bed good .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to park next door in a unsecured spot both nights. If they want me to stay again they will have to provide more safe parking. I saw several others directed to that abandon Burger King where in the morning I could barely get out because the people whob work next door at the VA Hospital packs it full. Go see for your self.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The places was clean, and I liked the roof top pool, it...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No shuttle bus, and there was a 30 minute wait to check in.

The places was clean, and I liked the roof top pool, it was also close to the port where our cruise ship was.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Our getaway
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything we disliked.

The location was excellent we weren't too far from anything! We got everywhere we wanted to go pretty quick!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Absolutely amazing
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean and updated room. Staff were so helpful and friendly. The historic area was 10 mins away by car which is very convenient. Free parking . Breakfast was good with many selections.

Great location and comfortable
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Seemed like a lot was broken. One elevator, my iron and ironing board, vending machines. Parking lot too small

Everything that was great besides the stuff that was broken. Beds are clean and comfortable air conditioner works great plenty of hot water.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The staff were all around hospitable.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Water pressure in the shower was almost nonexistent. We had to park in the abandoned burger king parking lot across the street because there wasn't enough parking at the actual hotel.

The staff were all around hospitable. The ladies who served breakfast were the best! Really good location from down town.

Will continue to stay here as long as we visit the festival and the market area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we stay here for the Margarita Festival. Its a perfect location for us to walk to Brittle Bank park and not spend alot of money for the room. The more "High End" hotels are just across the street from the park, but I had rather keep my money to spend than tie it all up in a room. And also close to the market area whether you drive or use a Uber.

Run down and poor room service.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel wasn't downtown. Room service was behind. We were gone all day and still no room service by 4. Terrible! When reported, front desk called room service to come, it took them another 45 min. Will not stay here again. Wall and unit peeling, rust, etc.

Breakfast was pretty good!

Would definitely recommend as it offers good value for the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little further from the tourist attractions than other hotels but closer to Folly Beach.

Breakfast offered a variety of choices. Location was just a few steps away from a free bus to the downtown area. Clean and comfortable room.

No Full breakfast, No pool
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast suppose to start at 6:00AM, first morning we got downstairs at 6:40 and where told that she's sorry but she doesn't have any warm food ready yet, but we could help ourself to cereal, yogurt, fruit etc. whatever was set up already. When I've ask her why it wasn't ready, she just casually replied that she is the only one here responsible for breakfast and this morning she overslept. OK, I get it - things happen but this was Monday morning. I'm sure we weren't the first once down there to eat, some guests probably had to leave without any breakfast at all before she even showed up. There needs to be a plan B for things like that. 2nd day when we came back in the afternoon we wanted to sit out by the pool, well it was closed. When I called the lobby I was told that pools had to be cleaned at some point and chemicals added. OK - I get that too, but can you pick a better time. Not when guests come back taking care of business all day and want to sit and relax by the pool. I didn't even wanted to go in the water, just sit out there and read. But no the door was locked. I booked this hotel because it offered breakfast included and a pool. Only got full breakfast one morning and was not able to access the pool or pool area when I had the time to do so. ☹️☹️😠😠

Location was OK

The only thing I liked about the property was the location...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Where do I start... first of all I’m not one to ever do a review but I was really upset with this hotel. I arrived at 4pm checkout was at 3. It took the staff 25 minutes to check me in while I just stood there holding my baggage with approximately 6 other families waiting. I got my cards and went to the elevator up to the room. When the door opened I immediately noticed the hallway was extremely hot and muggy. I went to my room which was right next to the elevator. 5 minutes in my room I had enough of the elevator noise and loud family members standing in front of my door way waiting for the elevator. I went down stairs and they changed my room to another floor. I walked into the new room which was significantly smaller but I wasn’t too bothered with that I was glad to be away from the elevator. In my new room I had to unplug the mini fridge that consistently rattled. The AC our window shakers and aren’t quite as well. I went to iron a shirt where I found no iron and a broken iron board that wouldn’t close so I had to prop it next to the door. In addition to those issues house cleaning didn’t come to my room until 3pm the next day when I was back in my room and asked to come into my room and clean. I denied them entry after being frustrated of them not being there earlier while I was doing work. Breakfast was also below average and filled with junk. Overall the money I spent to stay here was upsetting. The hotel is understaffed and needs a complete remodel on all floors. The one nice thing I will Mention was the staff they were very nice and accommodating. I’m not a picky person nor one to every write a review but after spending $400 here i had an obligation to write a review.

The only thing I liked about the property was the location close to down town.

Great location. Nice hotel. Terrible staff.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were very nice but incompetent. My room was disgusting when I arrived. I asked for cleaning supplies. The night manager showed up to my 45 minutes later with her child and handed me a spray bottle. They manger the next day said that she would discount my room. That did not happen. They also charged my card twice taking several days to get reimbursed.

The location was great.

this property is not near walking to down town at all !
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel gave us a room in the second floor able for handicapped, I am very happy they have this kind of rooms but we never askes for it , I was not very happy with it . I will look for a better option next time.

this property is not near walking to down town at all ! we use car fo everything is in the middle of a high way

The breakfast was great!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Gnats in the room. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk wasn't very friendly.. she could've given us a little more info about the hotel. she just asked what she needed and seemed a little irritated about something. Kinda like we were bothering her.

The breakfast was great! Beds were comfortable!

Loved the free shuttle to the Visitor Center.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Would have preferred a location closer to the restaurants, etc but the free shuttle made up for that.

Not the very best location to visit the tourist areas, but the free shuttle to the Visitor Center, and the free parking, and free breakfast made up for it

we didn't know the hotel had been remodeled since our...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we didn't know the hotel had been remodeled since our last stay and were more than pleasantly surprised by the great new interior look and the room was well outfitted with quality workmanship and comfort -- great job!

I thought the room was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location. Traffic was pretty bad and people had no problem cutting you off. It was in the medical district. We heard a lot of sirens in the night. The noise didn’t bother me personally but if traffic and sirens bother you I wouldn’t book this Hotel. I thought the beach would be within walking distance but instead it took 24 min to drive to Sullivan’s Island and would probably had taken a little bit longer to get to Isle of Palms.

I thought the room was comfortable. The room was clean. Furniture wasn’t in the best condition but was mainly cosmetic not anything broken. I liked the refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker being in the room. Continental breakfast was simply ok, nothing fancy but got us fed. The tv had decent channels, it was good I could find cartoons for the kids. Staff was super friendly and helpful. I wish the pool had a more shallow end such as 2 ft. For my toddler but the shallow end was 3ft. I know that’s pretty standard but that would have been nice. The pool was a lot smaller than I expected. The pool was clean and had a door leading straight to the elevators. An overall comfortable stay.

Overall, the stay was mediocre. This hotel wouldn’t be a top pick for me.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The facility was not that clean. More renovations needed. Parking was very limited. Needs pamphlets for attractions, restaurants, and nightlife in the area. On a scale of 1-10; 10 being the best... I give this hotel a 4.

The convenience of location

It was ok for a budget stay.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The garbage cans in the breakfast area were always overflowing. The cleaning staff was very nice, but it seemed like perhaps they were short staffed or slow in general.

Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Good selection at breakfast
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Arrived after check in time, was told 1-2 hour wait - we had driven 3 hours to get to Charleston from our previous stop so was quite annoying. Rooms tired and in need of a refurb. Car park too small. Not up to normal Comfort Inn levels

Good selection at breakfast

Very clean rooms, Every employee was friendly and accommodating in every way.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely Friendly and always accommodating. Not one single employee at this hotel did we meet that did not greet us and ask if they could help in any way.

Would I stay again? yes
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Beside from trash can not tended to the breakfast was great. Check in took longer than expected. Staff was friendly but needed more staff at front desk for check in. Room was nice and clean.

I would definitely recomend this hotel to others. and I would return myself.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk was willing to change my room twice to get a refrigerator that was cold. Good breakfast with eggs, bacon or sausage, juice, fruit, toast, bagels and other rolls, cereals, and waffles. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Having a microwave and refrigerator in the room was needed for me, as I can't always finish the big meals when eating out, and I need some place to store and reheat the leftovers for the next night. Easy access to downtown with the shuttle right out front

Our stay there overall was satisfactory commendations we’re good if staff was good room was clean Sh
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking accommodations could have been better we come in at night and it was nowhere for me to park I had to park next-door and a vacant building I was worried about being towed away

Yes the eggs were fine the omelette was also good on Sunday and the Beeds were satisfactory

The front desk was very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was under some renovation and I can hear banging etc. the housekeeping took awhile to clean your room. All of the vending machine are out of order and having to spend more money to buy snacks is ridiculous.

The front desk was very friendly.

The breakfast was good and the area was kept clean and...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

the fans in the lobby area made it impossible to sit around and talk with friends/family.

The breakfast was good and the area was kept clean and stocked by a wonderful woman named Samoan. Samoan made our breakfast time fun, she was always smiling.

I would definitely recommend this Hotel to stay at..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The check in was so fast..the staff is excellent..they address you with a good morning..and when we came back from our trip in the city they would say good night to you and is their anything else I can do for you..

The staff was so amazing they could not do enough for you..the food was excellent..

Good experience overall with the hotel being close to a bus stop which was free around town.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Cooling fans could be replaced with a more effective air conditioning system in the reception and breakfast area.

Staff were very helpful with nothing being a problem for them.

By Chareston standards this is a very good deal.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The location is not convenient for someone like myself who was attending Spoleto Festival USA.

good value for the money and a swimming pool is always welcome.

Was not happy.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was no early Check-in and by the posted check-in time arrived there were more guest than rooms available. The equipment was out of service rendering the fitness center obsolete. The pool was not cleaned prior to posted opening time, having trash floating in it.. The first room that I was given you could feel the spring coils through the mattress which was very thin.

I liked the staff and breakfast was okay. Checkout was a breeze.

Adequate, but Booking.com charged more for the room than Comfort Inn charged.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was limited and I had to park in the VA hospital lot one night. The door lock on our room malfunctioned while we were checking in and we could not open the door from the inside. I had to call the front desk to have them come open the door to let us out. Had there been a fire we would have been in a real pickle! After that experience we always tested the door lock to ensure it functioned properly before we closed it. I am sure that the staff never had the lock serviced to correct whatever the problem was.

The room was comfortable and away from the street.

Perfect, No! but a very nice place to stay, Yes! I'll be back.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom could use some more tweaks of convenience. The hallways were stocked with boxes going out & caused us some delays as they were being removed at the busy time of the day. Would have been better if they were removed in the late hour. The a/c filter was dirty in my room, something I noticed by the cover being slightly open. The daily clean up crew could vacuum the filter weekly.

Friendly environment.

When we went to register we were put on the 7th floor.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was awful. They were booked up and if you didn’t get there early enough you did not get a parking space.

When we went to register we were put on the 7th floor. I had requested on the booking form for a room on a lower floor. The lady who registered us could not give us a lower room, but offered us her parking space. She moved her car so we could have a parking space in front of the motel. She was very kind and courteous! Room was very clean.

Good stay overall.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Gym was okay. Area isn't close walking distance to any restaurants or attractions, but I knew that going in. Housekeeping was spotty, but clean.

The front desk staff was excellent. The breakfast was excellent as well. Free shuttle stop right outside. Beds were comfortable.

Perfect for those headed to VA and MUSC.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking a challenge, most ended up in overflow lot next door. It's only 2-3 mins walk away, but a pain for those with medical issues, which was most guests. Not the place for the young and lively.

Bathroom had great water pressure and hot! Appreciated the fold-down stool in tub. Hotel was booked solid but manager did excellent job juggling issues and expectations. Customer service was outstanding. Location perfect for VA Hosp (across street) and MUSC. Lots of places to eat nearby. Room clean and comfy. Husband declared pillows "perfect." Price was great for value.

Priced right
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The distance to a nearby restaurant for walking wasn't as close as we originally thought but it's a manageable walk.

The hotel was clean and the hotel was easy access to the Market area. Enjoyed less driving time.

Overall Great! Just need more cleaning staff and that one gal at front desk to appreciate customers.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The cleaning staff was shorthanded...my husband and I waited almost an hour for sheets to be dried so they could make our bed. We were hungry from our long drive and decided to go to dinner and the beach. When we came back, our key didn't work. So I left him up at the room with our bags and ran back down to get new keys. The one gal saw me standing right in front of her counter, but proceeded to help a guy that had apparently been waiting for a room to be completed and was standing a ways back from the counter...mind you this is around 6pm. So I stepped aside to let him up to the counter and when she finished helping him, she leaned over to the other gal working the front desk and said she only had 5 minutes left. Then she stepped into the back office. It only takes 1 minute to make keys. She should have at least asked what I needed and if it was a task that she couldn't do in 5 mins, then tell me the other gal will help me as soon as she can. I am a business owner and the customer is always first! What would it have hurt to work an extra minute or two!? A second complaint was that nobody checked on our room the next morning to see that we were in need of clean linens. So when we returned after the beach and shopping, I went to the other end of the hall to get some linens from the maid myself, and we made our own bed for the second night.

The Staff was very pleasant and went above and beyond when they found out we were there for the tail-end of our honeymoon. They left us a special treat!

This was my worst visit to any Comfort Inn.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived at 4 in the afternoon. Upon arrival the attendant (Willett) informed us that the king bed was not available but we could pay more for a double. I declibe(i have never been given that option on a checkin that was booked months before) She told us that we could wait on the couch across from the front desk. We notice that the construction seemed to be complete. We stayed the same time last year. After waiting and seeing others get rooms I joined the line and waited. Finally when i was close enough Willett said that she had a room but when she called out to me i didn’t turn around. The couch is only about 10 ft from the desk but with a TV blaring and a construction fan blowing for some reason it was extremely loud. After about an hour i get a room. Willett apologized but it didn’t feel like she realized how she could handle the situation any better. She was busy with customers she said. Okay then what am I? After showering on the second day I notice mold on the ceiling. I can’t ubderstand all the renovations and the building looks no better with exception of the beautiful Charleston wall paper.

The staff was very friendly and courteous, room was clean...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and courteous, room was clean but the distance from the hotel to the downtown area was too far to walk and we had only 2 restaurants to choose from since we arrived late. We ended up paying for a car service to see the historic area.

The room was great, bathroom exceptionally clean, lobby...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is next to a noisy freeway and not as close to the important areas of town as was expected.

The room was great, bathroom exceptionally clean, lobby inviting.

A number of small problems but overall a comforttable stay.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

1. Did not realize that I was paying Booking.com more for the room than Comfort Inn would have charged me. 2. Unplugged the clock radio to stop the alarm from going off. 3. When we first accessed our room the door lock malfunctioned some how and we could not open the door from inside. The desk took 10 minutes to have someone let us out. Had there been a fire ???. 4. Could not make an outside call on the room telephone.

Staff was helpful and knowledgeable, but I usually had to wait a good bit to be able to ask them a question. They had the right answers.

It was adequate for the intended purpose of adding a night to a planned vacation.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was OK for one night when we didn't intend to "spread out". Otherwise it would be cramped. Breakfast had the expected items, but the quality of the cooked foods was poor.On a crowded night parking around the hotel is marginal.

Location and basic comfort; staff was helpful with planning. Easy and convenient load-in to lobby and elevators.

Cozy room.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that check out was at 11 am but I had 2 attendants knock on my door 4 times between 9 and 10:30 am. The final time, the person wanted to know WHEN WAS I LEAVING!!! That was awful!!! I shouldn’t have been rushed. For that reason, I WILL NOT RETURN!

Cozy room.

Our stay was good the hotel was comfy. Unfortunately the swimming pool was closed even in 92 deg
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The location was a little remote dispite the free 213 bus service which stopped quite early in the evening making eating out difficult

The rooms were a good size but would benefit from an additional easy chair or sofa in a double room

6.0
    It was an less expensive place to stay. Not my first choice if I could afford to pay more
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Facility was 100% booked, Room Not ready even 1 hour after check in time, ....room was by the elevator the was EXTREMELY noisy. Can not change to a new room cause the was none available. Rooms are old and need a remodel

Breakfast was good, Location was fair considering Down Town Charleston, Bed was clean and firm. The Staff was extremely helpful and kind

Welcoming staff, bed comfortable, location to DASH, a good breakfast with choices very appreciated.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

TV and microwave needed upgrading.

Love the breakfast choices. Staff was very welcoming. Room OK, but microwave and TV needed upgrading. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Location was great being near the DASH trolley.

Enjoyed stay People were friendly and courteous.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Three adults in dbl room but bathroom did not have towel bars. We used closet hangers on the clothes hook for our towels. Water didnot drain out properly of sink. Called front office for repair but still could not drain out water.

Beds were comfortable. Room was very clean.

The parking spaces were a little tight.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking spaces were a little tight. Did not use the pool. It was not close to the historic district, but there was free bus service to those areas.

Great place for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Turned out to be further out from downtown. Further from king and market streets,two of the main ones. Wish breakfast had been served till 9:30 at least

The front desk girls were nice and friendly and helpful.! I liked that there were microwaves and fridges in the rooms.

Very good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The one thing I didn't like was when I was signing in my debit card was denied for some reason. I had just used my card and ask the lady to try again that there must be some mistake, she tried again and it was denied again. There must be something wrong with your machine, because I checked and nothing was wrong with my card. This was very embarrassing, because there were people behind me.

All in all a pleasant stay and good find for a last minute stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

no vent fan in bathroom. Location wasn't great. did have a free bus, Wish we had known before leaving, that cab fare into city center was very reasonable!

Bed was comfy and linens were nice. Room had a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was Excellent!

Disappointing. Would not recommend and will stay away from comfort inn in general after this.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Service at check in was awful. 2 staff members stood and counted out their drawers after I was waiting and didn’t even acknowledge me. They gave me no hotel info. I had to ask. One thing I looked for when booking was a pool. The pool was closed for Construction. No one told me at check in and it wasn’t on the website. Whole place wasn’t very clean.