Reviews of Comfort Inn Downtown Cleveland 2 stars

1800 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115, USA

#32 of 32 hotels in Cleveland

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Major pluses with a few discrepancies.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Fingerprints on lamps and ice bucket, ceiling in bathroom I believe is showing the onset signs of mildew or mold.. there was also suspicious discoloration on the loveseat as well as dark spots on the carpet near desk and fridge.

I did enjoy the rooms seperate thermostat controls, the two person whirlpool tub, the fridge and microwave also came in handy and were clean, the seating area in the bedroom and the seperate water/toilet room from the shower and tub oh and the double sinks were also a major plus! I also enjoyed the location being central to everything downtown Cleveland related. The staff did accommodate my needs as much as they could... for example I arrived around 4am and I had requested to have my check out time extended to 2pm. Parking is also very close and I was able to see my vehicle from my hotel windows.. Also let me add that the aforementioned stains I believe had some attempts to be removed but I feel the carpet in that area should just be replaced as well as the love seat cushion and drop ceiling panel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

It was a brief visit, the staff was very pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Th entrance was not marled well and it was a little confusing as to where we could leave our car initially.

We were in Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this was a convenient location and the price was right.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Trash.

The staff were rude and the power was out in my room for EIGHT hours. That was almost half of the trip. I spent over 200 dollars to not have electricity. Security in the parking lot were also unprofessional and rude.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Pleasant, but i felt cramped.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very, very small, as are the elevators. Breakfast is only from 6-9. If you're not up that early you miss out. The variety was not very good either.

The location was perfect if all you want is a downtown atmosphere. The staff was friendly and very professional.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The power shut off 3 to 5 times on our floor during our stay...

The power shut off 3 to 5 times on our floor during our stay and we could not use the key card to get into the room. When I asked the front desk I was given no answers and the lady walked away to do something else. I felt unappreciated as a guest.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Cleveland Rocks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There wasn't anything I didn't like! The staff was wonderful, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was filling.

The staff was wonderful, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was filling. The location was perfect for a nice walk in downtown Cleveland.

Good breakfast and liked the on site parking although it was...

The air conditioning in our room was half working. Dust all over the lamps.

Good breakfast and liked the on site parking although it was $10 and should have been included in the room cost.

Rooms and common areas were clean & comfortable.

Rooms and common areas were clean & comfortable. Nice big breakfast area with a good variety of hot & cold options for breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is in a good location and within walking distance of many attractions and restuarants and close to bus line and free trolley, and had reasonable parking fees if you arrive by car.

Clean room, comfy bed and pillows.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Vending machine only takes $1 bills. I didn't get up for breakfast. But my boy friend did. He saidbrhe eggs weren't so good. But he still ate them. He brputh me a muffin and yogurt back for when I was hungry and they were both good. Stair way could be cleaned up a little. But its to be expected.

Clean room, comfy bed and pillows. Nice water pressure in the shower. Muffin was good for breakfast.

Staff was nice.

Didn't like I had to pay for parking when I paid almost $200 for one night. Room was very over priced.

Staff was nice. Room was clean and close to the football stadium. Was able to walk to the game

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The hotel was within walking distance to Progressive Field.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not cleaned very well. There was toilet paper in the toilet. Found a cup on the floot between the beds by the night stand. Have to pay for parking.

The hotel was within walking distance to Progressive Field.

Good and reasonable hotel in downtown but sometimes the housekeeping service is erratic.

First room the aircon was not working. Had to change the room. When we left the room late morning, we asked the front desk to contact housekeeping to make up the room which they said they will but the room was never made up. It happend twice. Upon request,they delivered towels but not enough bath towels. The elevator is very old and slow. It has to be replaced and renewed.

On the edge of downtown where you can walk to and around easily. Parking is the most reasonably priced in downtown. Breakfast is complimentary and good. Staff is friendly.

The pillows and sheets were comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overall the hotel was rundown. The cost was much higher than the actual value. Not a place I would choose to stay based on where we were going. That part is not the hotel’s fault. Booking.com did a poor job with the recommendation.

The pillows and sheets were comfortable. The staff was very friendly.

The bed and the walk in shower

That I had to pay for parking I think that if you a guess and you staying more than one night you should get free parking

The bed and the walk in shower

A great hotel for a short stay with excellent staff and a desirable location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet was a little wobbly /not fully secured. Coffee maker was in the bathroom which, while it didn't bother me excessively, was a bit off putting.

Room was great with two comfortable double beds, nice furniture and tasteful decor. Good size bathroom generously stocked with toiletries including shampoo and lotion. Great central location. Secured parking.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was really warm. My sisters room was also very warm. It was like the ac couldn’t keep up.$10 to park was just wrong. I have never paid $250 for a hotel and then had to pay to park. For $250 a night I thought the rooms would have been nicer. The rooms was very small. It was a little outdated and way overpriced.

The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good.

Could use some improvements but overall a good hotel & I would stay again
    • Queen Room

The room stayed too warm even on lowest setting. The water pressure wasn't the best & it ran kinda cold Also would have been nice if the breakfast cut off time wasn't so early & at least 10:00.

Staff was friendly, hotel location & parking were conveniently located & overall hotel was clean

The staff was great and the room was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was great and the room was clean. I didn't like that I had to pay for parking and the room was very small. Because of those reasons I don't think I would stay again.

Nice hotel

The girl at check in wasn't very welcoming but after a few minutes she was ok.

They let me check out a lil bit later without any extra fee. Nice breakfast ! The bed is sooooo comfy ! Nice bedroom.

Very convenient and walking distance to the sports arenas. Clean. Easy check in and parking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

King size bed was very, very comfortable. Rooms are clean. Parking could not be more easy! They have a parking garage right outside the hotel for $9.50 a day and an easy 15 minute walk to Progressive field. Breakfast is fanastic too! We will stay here every time we go to an Indians game from now on.

Beds tho small and pillows were comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room had two full beds for three adults which makes for tight sleeping. Room was not made up by 3 pm even though we were gone since 8 am. Housekeeper came to our room and said this was her last room. Do we want service or not with a defensive attitude. We had just gotten back and wanted to freshen up for the evening. Just got clean towels and called it a day. Breakfast ok. Parking garage tight underneath building. Bathroom had hair dryer mounted to wall in a location that was hard to access. No city maps available.

Beds tho small and pillows were comfortable. Front desk staff friendly and helpful.

For that old hotel it was not worth the money. Would not stay there again

Housekeeping was poor. Did not like parking garage which we were told to park there when we arrived. We ended up moving the car and scratched the side of the car

Front desk clerks were friendly. Housekeeping was poor

location was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Originally quoted cost $123 for the night, cc was charged $153. 95. When arrived after an 8 hr drive to check in we were advised a 20% of bill increase would be charged to my card. The increase would eventually be refunded, as long as no damages were found. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, cheep sheets. Bring your own pillow and a blanket. The curtains were ripped so we didn't dare close the drapes for fear of being charged more so we had bright street lights shining in all night.

location was great. Very nice breakfast, made up for extra charges and hard bed.

Location, location, location.

Unless I didn’t see it in the hotel description, I was surprised to find there was a ten dollar parking fee each night of stay. The front desk staff could have been more personable.

The best part about this hotel is the location. We were literally one block from the Playhouse Theater, and two blocks from the baseball stadium, so we were able to walk and save a lot on parking.

The parking garage ramp was designed very poorly for cars to...

The parking garage ramp was designed very poorly for cars to drive in and out of. One way in and out on a very steep, narrow, curvy hill made exiting very dangerous. Also, on booking.com it said my parking was free however I was charged for parking on my receipt.

Wonderful

No problems

All the staff were very friendly and the location was excellent for walking to the playhouse square to see Carol Burnett! The breakfast was delicious too!

Everything worked to my advantage and it was a good place...
    • Queen Room

I won't book through Booking.com again because it cost me almost $50 more per night than if I booked directly through the hotel. I was not happy to hear that.

Everything worked to my advantage and it was a good place for me to stay alone.

ok stay but wouldn't book again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is old, and recovering addicts milling around the front kind of looks creepy. The breakfast was not very good, not a big selection and not very tasty. The parking lot was ok but the cost of $9.00 a day to park is ridiculous. Especially since all the signs say they cannot guarantee the safety of your car or belongings.

The downtown location was great. The rooms were decent nothing very fancy but they were clean and plenty of nice soft towels and face rags.

The free breakfast was well prepared.

The free breakfast was well prepared. The walls are a little thin and can hear everything. I guess that's the difference between 2 star and 5 star. For the rate and location it was fine for 2 nights

Convenient for CSU. Comfortable and basic.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The address brings Ubers to a "pseudo entrance" near a Subway and not to the main lobby entrance.

Basic hotel with good amenities. Locality was convenient for Cleveland State University campus. Although the locality is a little drab, there are a number of convenient eateries within walking distance.

Perfect
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a dui class going on and a lady was arguing and trying to fight someone and got kicked out that was the only bad thing.

Great staff and perfect location

Okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was too small. Bad lighting.

Room was very small and the lighting wasn't too good. Hallway to room looked scary but it was in walking distance to the stadium.

Will use this hotel again as the anemities were more than the Holiday Inn and the price was less.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Though the bathroom was very clean, wish it was a little larger.

The breakfast was great! The "drive" into the parking garage was a little hairy lol. But garage was well lighted and locked so I knew my vehicle was sale. Everything was very clean. I will use this hotel again!

Very nice. I accidentally left my cell phone and It was found and sent to me.

Parking was different when we returned. People were parked in the lot that weren't staying at the hotel. You had to leave your keys with the parking attendant so other people could leave.

The Women that worked the front desk were very friendly and informative. Nice complimentary breakfast in the morning.

Had a great stay. Liked the hotel. Liked Cleveland. Would return without hesitation.
    • Queen Room

Booking.com and the hotel quoted me dramatically different rates. Very stressful. Thankfully, it seems to have been worked out. No complaints about the property or staff.

Everything was great except a rate differential from what Booking.com quoted me and what i was initially charged. After pointing this out, the manager promised to fix the problem and it looks like he did, so all is well. Staff were all friendly and the hotel was nice. Breakfast was good.

Great location and comfort for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location! You can walk everywhere and the free trolly picks up across the street. Nice full breakfast included and comfortable beds! Would stay here again when next in town.

Had a wonderful stay! Would definitely chose this hotel again!

The parking was a little sketchy, but cheaper than all of the other options and hotels in the area. Parking was underground, covered, and safe so in retrospect, it was great!

The location was AMAZING!! We attended a Cavs game and were within walking distance of everything!! Such a great deal!!

Nice people and nice location-- bit pricey and worn down.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast room was cluttered with boxes and supplies. It felt like we were eating in a supply closet. Odd.

The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Kind and fun professionals.

We Indian Americans go to the Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival...

The parking facility in the basement could be better, but this is downtown Cleveland, so we take what we get.

We Indian Americans go to the Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival which is the biggest Indian classical music festival outside India. The Comfort Inn is right across from Cleveland State Univ auditorium, so the location is terrific. After attending it from 8 AM to 10 PM in the auditorium, we come to the hotel and there is a session from 10-11 PM! This is a music lovers' Mecca.

Overall the stay was good. Can tolerate the noise of traffic and voices.

Wall were not really sound proof. On the 5th floor and could still hear people talking outside the window late at nite. Also traffic outside was loud

The breakfast buffet was great. Staff was courteous

We loved the location as we were going to the State Theatre.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I dropped something that went under the night stand and found trash and food under the table. Yuck! Everything else was clean that was in eye sight!

We loved the location as we were going to the State Theatre. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

Comfortable, convenient, feels like home away from home.

So many positives for us. The only negative I can think of is having to pay for parking.

The service was good & friendly, room very comfortable and accommodating. Clean. We have used this hotel before, will use again. Shuttle to Cleveland Clinic in a timely manner for appointments.. So much to say that is positive.

Hotel was close to the Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive...

I wasn't aware that there was a charge for parking. The parking garage was very small and not a lot of room to maneuver your vehicle. Wouldn't recommend it for anything bigger than a car or smaller SUV. I also checked on my vehicle a few times as I didn't feel secure leaving it there for long periods of time.

Hotel was close to the Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field. Room was very nice and clean. Staff was extremely friendly and called to check how the room was upon arrival. Would recommend this hotel for sure, and would stay again if i'm ever back in Cleveland.

It’s pretty basic if that is what you need. Pay attention to your final bill.

Mattress was stiff, staff did not explain hold put on card at check-in. At checkout we discovered that we had been overcharged from amount given on Booking.com. So, pay attention to final bill!

The facilities were clean

Wouldn’t recommend. Wish I chose another hotel.
    • Queen Room

Had to pay for daily parking Staff was using her phone when I was at the desk trying to check in Disorganized, said she didn’t see me in the system but all of a sudden found me after I showed the staff my confirmation number and email from booking.com Was charged some type of extra fee that I was not told about? Quoted booking fee was not the same as the fee that showed up on my bank statement Bed was uncomfortable

The location was the best part because we were there for a...

The room smelled of smoke which was very upsetting because we are not smokers and it was supposed to be a smoke free hotel.

The location was the best part because we were there for a concert at the wolstein center so it was good to be able to walk there.

Sausage is much better than the see through bacon!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

During the night and early morning hours no matter which side your room is on...there are very noisy outside activities taking place which wakes everyone up. e.g. trash removal between 4-6am

Sausage is much better than the see through bacon!

I like that it was close to the Quicken Loan arena
    • Deluxe King Suite

That my room didn’t have the towels ready I had to already wait for my room to be finished then had to call down to remind them I needed towels also the Jacuzzi in the room the knob was broke and we had to put the stopper in the tub

I like that it was close to the Quicken Loan arena

Great place. Great value for Cleveland clinic.

Everything was perfect.

Wonderful staff!! Max was super nice and helpful. Breakfast was awesome!! Eggs, waffles, bacon, etc. Comfy beds. My father was having surgery at Cleveland Clinic and the shuttle was very helpful. John the driver was a joy!! Pizza shop across the from the hotel was amazing. I would recommend and definitely stay again.

Great Value - Great Staff - Very Clean

Location slightly sketchy - but 24 hour attendants in parking lot and property is well lit.

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in. I was surprised because the price was so good. The king size bed was super comfortable. Amazing staff - every single staff member I had contact with was beyond nice.

Always had clean towels and a nice selection for breakfast.

The bed was like sleeping on a rock. Asked for a late checkout at 1pm but housekeeping knocked in the door at 9:30am and asked if were checking out that day. We said yeah at 1pm. We get our stuff to take downstairs at 11:30am and the housekeeping was very rude and commented that we said weren't checking out till 1pm. We said we weren't we were just taking our stuff downstairs. Coffee pot was in the bathroom, could have been in the room. Had to pay an extra $10 just to park at the hotel even though we were guests.

Always had clean towels and a nice selection for breakfast.

Staff very accommodating and willing to go out of their way to help.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Figuring out where to park for registration and where to park was difficult.

Breakfast was great. Staff at desk wonderful. Shuttle to Cleveland Clinic extremely helpful.

Pleasant stay. Would stay again and recommend to a friend.

Shower head was broken. Fell off when I turned the shower on so it was difficult to take our showers.

Staff was very friendly. Clean, comfortable place to stay

Great location, needs some work.

Paper thin walls. We're here to get away from our kids but were woken up by kids in the next room carrying on at 730 am.

You are paying for the location.

I was very pleased with my stay at the Inn and will definitely stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The laundry room needs to have a chair or two sonpatrobs can sit while waiting for their laundry to finish

I loved the walk-in shower however the water would run all over the floor when showering making it dangerous when getting out of the shower. My room was big and spacious and easy to access. The staff kept it very clean and attended to my needs by providing me with a shower chair. They also provided me with a roll away bed the first night due to a mixup as I had 1 queen bed but booked a room with 2 doubles so they didn’t charge me for the extra bed when I needed it for my son to stay the first night.

Great!

It’s located in the center of everything! Plus we was able to get early check in and late check out so that’s a major plus! Christina was amazing at meeting all our needs and will definitely book here again.

I wanted to let everyone to know about this . Before you check in at this hotel , please ask first

I don’t like Nothing about this hotel . If know early before I check in, I should booking it .

I don’t like anything about this hotel:-( event breakfast 🥞 are very bad .

Good time in Cleveland never at that comfort inn again. Never
    • Queen Room

Bed bugs. They didn’t charge for the room when I brought the manager up and showed her what I had cought in a cup and what was crawling on the bed. Never again

It was a room to sleep in and store my stuff for the night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dead bugs in the shower when we arrived ( not bed bugs) hair dryer didn't work, breakfast was mediocre. Advertised price was 114 after taxes and misc. Cleaning fee total was 160. Would rather have stayed somewhere else for that much.

Comfortable beds, decent location

Quite a let down from the online photos
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is very noisy, traffic all night, heating system going on and off all night, people talking on the street below the window. Probably the worst apple and orange juice I have ever tasted ,sausage had little flavor

It was just ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was booked online. The cost was suppose to be $133. They billed me $145. There was a dirty shirt on the floor in our room that did not belong to us. The breakfast was only served until 9:30am which is a bit too early to stop serving breakfast. Parking cost $9.00 which is not clearly stated. The staff wasn't exceptionally friendly

The bed and the room was comfortable and the location was very good.

No pets allowed

The website says it is pet friendly, even has an option for the pets name, however when we arrived we were told they don't allow pets. After speaking with her manager the desk clerk said he could stay if we paid $100 a nite!!! We, obviously were furious.

Could have been better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1.Evening staff indifferent & unhelpful 2. Vending machines had no drink or dispensed incorrect choice 3. Bathtub clogged - evening staff didn’t seem to care when reported. Morning staff took care of it Overall rating 3.7

Overall the stay was fantastic!

The staff that checked us in was a bit rude. The parking garage was horrible. It was very small and extremely hard to park between the beams because it was a free for all, park wherever you want kind of thing. For the price, I think parking should be included.

The breakfast was really good, and the bed was amazing. The room was really large and we had a great view of playhouse square.

Good value for the location
    • Queen Suite

The room got very warm, and the bathroom was tiny. We had a queen suite. Other than that the setup of the room was nice.

Proximity to our destination was important. Went to a show a Wolstein and it was literally across the street. There were a lot of options for breakfast compared to many other continental breakfasts I’ve seen. Overall good value.

We joined the rewards program and we’ll stay there again.
    • Queen Room

I know the building is old, but the inside could use some “ spoofing “ up.

We were greeted right away even though the staff was on the phone. She acknowledged us with a smile. The breakfast was great! Nice big room. Not cramped in a corner.

Poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room had no heat The second room they moved us to had white powder on floor. They had been cleaning and didn't finish before they moved us there The third was okay but there was no hot water in sink to wash your hand. We will not stay there agin

I had one disappointment with the manner in which I booked, through Booking.com.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very small bathroom, but clean. Breakfast was good, but would have been nice to have cooked oatmeal instead of instant. Minor point, however.

Bedroom nice, Great Shuttle service to Clinic. Reason for being there.

Overall we enjoyed our stay!

The shower curtain had hairs intertwined in the threads. New curtains that don't retain hair are needed!

The room was clean and the bed very comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel and if I need to stay in Cleveland again, I will be booking there again

Why have pet as one of the options for who did you travel with when pets are not allowed...I would have loved to bring my pet along.

Staff was very nice. Room was very clean. Breakfast was good.

Terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The final price of the hotel when I got there was almost $100 more than what I book the hotel for. The breakfast didn't have many options and also the bathroom was very small. Will not be booking on here or with that hotel again.

N/a

If you just need a place to sleep, this is fine, but that's about it.

Online said there was a hot breakfast, in room information said it was continental, but when I went down at 7:45 AM, there was only hot water, coffee and ice water. I looked around the lobby area (where the book in my room said breakfast was), but found no indication of any kind of breakfast.

I like how close to location is to everything

The Parking and that my room ended up being. 50 dollars more then the website said and I even had my room downgraded, it should have been less

I like how close to location is to everything

Horrible! NEVER AGAIN!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was rude! The room was dirty. The room was small. The parking garage was sketchy and dark. Horrible experience

Nothing it was a horrible experience I will never go back or book through you again!

Over night on our way to Sandusky, Hotel seemed very overpriced for a week night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking garage was a little sketchy. Didnt realize it was the choice hotel for the local hospital and had a lot of customers coming & going via shuttle to the hospital...made for some gloomy atmosphere around the hotel.

Location, close to attractions we wanted to see.