Reviews of Best Western Plus Addison/Dallas Hotel 2 stars

14975 Landmark Boulevard, Addison, TX 75254, USA

#14 of 20 hotels in Addison

The front desk girl Alex was so nice the pool was nice the...

The only thing I didn't like was the price gouging during the 4th of July holiday

The front desk girl Alex was so nice the pool was nice the breakfast was excellent and I will return but not on a holiday

Dirty bathroom

Cleanliness

The toilet was filthy when I arrived. Two of the towels looked like they were used and refolded. Front desk clerk was knowledgeable. Bed was nice. Hotel needs updates. Very convenient to restaurants and shopping.

I liked the location and amenities.
    • Executive King Room

The shower pressure was horrible.

I liked the location and amenities. The breakfast was good. Nice workout room. Staff was really nice and helpful.

Breakfast was plain and I had a 12 noon check out when I made the reservation and then I was told 11 at check in... asked for late checked out and they stayed they don’t do late check outs

NA

Stay was good and served its purpose.

Hotel interior looks a little “unfinished”. Breakfast eggs were processed and ham was sliced sandwich meat.

Breakfast had the same general offerings as most. The room was clean though and the staff was friendly. Location was adequate for my needs. Many dining choices within short walking distance.

Overall hotel was good but management lacked a sense of customer satisfaction
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access

It seemed management didn't really know what was going on. There was a mix up in booking the bed type. I was told that two double beds cost more than a king bed. Going online I checked rates and your website showed a double bed cheaper than King. I had to pay more according to the front desk. I asked for a late checkout and was told that wasn't possible but I could check closer to checkout. I was told check out was 12noon. We were booked for 7 nights so when I checked later with the front desk about late check out I was told that check out was 11:00am. When I questioned the time they said they changed it that week. The front desk did put a note in for a 12:30 check out but come check out day I had someone knocking on my door at 11am asking if I was checking out. There was construction going on the whole time we were there. It did not seem that the staff was very accommodating at all. It was more of these are our rules so too bad. Customer Satisfaction seemed to be lacking with the management.

Breakfast was good.

I was not allowed to check in until 3:00. That seems a bit late, to me.

Breakfast was good. It included some hot items. This is refreshing change of pace from what I've come to expect from hotel breakfast (e.g. bruised apples, stale bagels, and cereal).

It's close to home

The fact that they're doing rehab in the front and I went there to get away from chemical smells and the lobby in the hallways still smell like that.

It's close to home

Front desk personnel were nice like expected.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower- Disability Access

Lobby under construction. Extremely strong smelling agents used to clean floors, created severe asthma attack and had to leave lobby to breathe.

Front desk personnel were nice like expected.

The room was simply amazing for the price.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Sadly it was under a remodel so alot of the lobby was under construction. I wouldn't hold it against anyone for any reason.

The room was simply amazing for the price.

Bed was very comfortable.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Hotel lobby was under construction. Breakfast wasn't available until 6a we checked out at 5a. Pillows were small squares... Would have preferred standard or queen size pillows

Bed was very comfortable.

I always like a clean room and this hotel was very nice

I could hear the other talking from outside or other room when we were trying to sleep but other then that we had an awesome stay

I always like a clean room and this hotel was very nice

My 4 night stay at Best Western Plus was prematurely cancelled based on unfounded reasons by manager

1. Right at checkout time around noon on 12/20/2017 staff from the reception continuously & violently banged on my door. 2. After I opened the door I was basically harrassed by the named staff to checkout or extend my stay. 3. I then told the staff I was coming downstairs to extend my stay. 4. Once I get to the reception area to mention the loud and obnoxious bang on my door by the staff to the shift manager, I was basically told by the Shift manager that my reservation would be cancelled. There was no attempt whatsoever by the Shift manager to findout why I had a concern towards the unrully staff in the first place. 5. When I inquired upon the unfounded cancellation of my hotel reservation there was basically no further reply by the shift manager and was asked to get my stuff out of my room.

The price was reasonable but not worthwhile the stay due to very rude and unprofessional staff.

Very Enjoyable

The only thing I would say is that outside the side door closest to our room they have placed a rubbish bin with a cigarette tray. You have to lean over the tray to put your room key into the slot to open the door. This is unpleasant. I did mention it to the hotel and hope they moved the bin.

Great Location. Nice place. Comfortable big rooms. Nice linen. Close to literally 100's restaurants all within walking distance.

It was ok. May go back, may not.

The floor felt dirty and the room smelled strange. It was either too hot or too cold in the room. Beds were good and the bathroom was large and clean. Breakfast was ok. The usual stuff. Bacon was vry thin. The staff was very helpful and were willing to help.

Easy access and parking was good.

It's great place to stay in Dallas, close to great...

It's great place to stay in Dallas, close to great restaurants, easy to go anywhere in Dallas, family friendly. Good breakfast. I will stay again next time in Dallas.

It was awful and you guys took damn near $400 dollars from me!

I did not like the man that works at front desk. He came to our room accused us of smoking because he smelt smoke but didn't care to ask if it was really us or not he put the blame completely on us but there were people smoking in there rooms which aloud the smell to come into our room. He told us we had 10 minutes to leave or he would call the cops and then he charged us a full stay plus $200. I would never stay here again as long as he is there. He was entirely rude and never once asked were we smoking.

I Loved the breakfast and wifi.

Alice was not a Wonderland's employee

Alice the lady. At desk was rude

I didn't like much the staff especially Alice was very rude and she tried to be snobby within corporate standards as far as being a smart aleck but then saying thank you have a nice day to my remarks on them telling me 3 x about the non smoking policy like I had a cigarette in my ear or something . I don't even smoke... But the lady started the rudeness when they wanted to run my card for 100$ .. I stay at many best westerns they only go up to 50$ avg. This was a 1st ..just plain rude

Conveniently located.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Although I traveled alone, there was no private place to shower because the shower/Jacuzzi were in the room. But loved the jacuzzi!!

Conveniently located. It had an in room Jacuzzi.

For the money spent is was really good
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access

My room was next to the B'fast area ... noisy morning people Took the attendant awhile to find my reservation since it was through Booking.com vs Best Western

Easy access to Beltline & Dallas Toll ... Close to several restuarants

BW upgraded me to a suite on the ground floorby the pool...

The 'room-service' service [not on property - it was an 800#] food was slightly questionable in that the salad/key-lime pie and delivery service was good but the reps over the phone and the waffle-fries were soggy and the portion was way more than described.

BW upgraded me to a suite on the ground floorby the pool w/an exit/entrance to the parking lot close-by.

Bed bugs

I did not get to enjoy my stay. I was inconvenienced due the property having bed bugs. The first room was highly infested so when advised them of problems they said someone had to have bought the night before. They happily moved me to a new room and upgraded me. Well due to me being a housing inspector u know i had to thoroughly inspect the second room...well I started with the upgraded couch yes I found bed bugs then to beds yes they were alive again I was so disgusted. So I asked have the hotel been treated deal help said 2 weeks ago by Orkin. So now they said they could give me a refund.This was a horrible experience.

Pool was under maintenance, the elevators had no A/C, tv channels weren't working

The pool was under maintenance and we weren't notified. I later looked at their website and it said their pool was under maintenance for a little while. We weren't notified in any way before our trip there, that the pool was going to be closed. Also the elevators had no A/C flowing through them at all. It was like a sauna. Our television wasn't working either. We were upgraded to a presidential suite and one of the televisions wouldn't turn on, the other would turn on but no channels were working at all. The hotel could have better signage to indicate that the hotel is right there. We passed it twice and we had to go back around to look for it.

Other than the poll being closed down for maintenance and the A/C not working in the elevators and certain other parts of the hotel, my sister and I really enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly to us when we checked in and when we checked out.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Clean and comfortable but not so friendly!

staff's welcoming should be better. we forgot to take some of our cloths which were in the closet. after checking out and one hour driving towards Houston, we remembered them and called to your guys and asked them to send them to our address in Houston. I told him that I will pay the posting costs. they told that "you have send us a prepaid box first!! then we will send them to you!" we came back there and took our cloths and it wasted our time. so I am not happy

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Jetted tub in the room? Seriously?
    • King Room with Spa Bath

A jetted tub in the bedroom? Not a good idea. The whole room smells like mildew. Really bad idea. I will never ask for a jetted tub again. Lesson learned.

Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Check in and check out were relatively easy but might be...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Requested a room with a spa tub, which the room had but the spa part of the tub did not work. The TV had a large line that went down the middle of the screen not anything that would keep you from being able to watch it but at the same time extremely annoying. The breakfast felt as if the sausage and eggs were slightly undercooked. Hotel looks nothing like the photos on bookings web page, when my wife and I arrived we had to question if we were at the right place. Honestly felt as if we had rented a night in an office building.

Check in and check out were relatively easy but might be from lack of interest from the staff.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Nice place with an exceptional rude management, Alex Marquez !
    • Executive King Room

The staff, in particular the evening manager Alex Marguez is rude, curt and belligerent, She is disgrace to the Great Western Motel and should be removed without further delay-

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Good hotel awful stay this time. I wanted a refund for not being able to rest, due to the location o
    • King Room with Bath - Disability Access

Room location a noise from workers. Maid service and front desk door slamming.

The bed was cery comfortable, however my room eas right by the office which slammed the door each time they enter/exit. The maid service area was right across the hall where the held loud conversations rattled mop buckeys etc. All night. I checked out 2 hours early because I couldn't rest under those conditions. Breakfast bar was awesome. I feel they owe me another stay under better conditions. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Excellent value for the location and amenities.

The bed was a little hard,could've been a bit softer. Too much pork at breakfast, I'd like Turkey/chicken sausage or bacon options at breakfast.

The room was clean and nice. Breakfast was good, but I'd prefer non-pork/beef sausage.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Quite and small, could use some new carpet

Bed stiff Strong Oder of air freshener like trying to hide a smell, maybe smoking residue, carpet not fresh, leaky shower,

Small facility, quiet... except for planes flying directly over

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Nice location but needed renovation.

Room was so dusty that you could see it dancing in the air when the A/C blew. The room smelled like I was in the attic of an old home.

The hotel was located in a very nice location where many restaurants were in the near.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Great place in Addison
    • King Room with Spa Bath

There was a funky smell in the first room we were assigned but we were able to get a different room by talking to the staff.

The bed was great and the staff was amazing! There's also good restaurants and entertainment nearby.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Front desk staff was excellent, friendly, and helpful...

Other staff could be more friendly. Could have better coffee.

Front desk staff was excellent, friendly, and helpful finding local attractions. The place was very clean and I felt safe traveling by myself even when returning late at night. Parking lot was well lit and kept clean and was convenient to door locations.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Good place to stay

Staff seemed to have trouble keeping up with the breakfast crowd on Sat. morning. There were empty serving dishes.

It was clean and comfortable, had no problems with our stay.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great place, terrible staff.

Staff was super inadequate and rude. Staff yelled at multiple families in the foyer and insulted our family and we will never come back.

Really close to the Galleria Mall. Great beds and pool.

Quiet, comfy beds.

The bathroom floor mat was clean, but hadn't been thoroughly dried

Quiet, comfy beds. Staff provided advice on local events.

This place is trash
    • King Room with Spa Bath

It has little shade. And the shower is right in the bedroom.

Nothing at all. It was a horrible stay

The check out time was 11, asked for late check out for 12...

The check out time was 11, asked for late check out for 12 and was denied, stating they had to clean the room

We used to love this place,now it’s gone downhill.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The night worker was hateful and loud and violent. It was the worst experience I’ve ever had there.

We used to love this place,now it’s gone downhill.

The beds felt like home and the room temperature felt so good I didn't want to leave

Relaxing getaway
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Loved the jacuzzi tub in our room!

The noise problem made my stay terrible.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The noise level. You could hear everything. Lots of banging doors, vacuum cleaner, and loud stomping from the above floors.

Very clean room.

It was very comfortable

It was a great day

Everything was great up until i was charged $180 extra and...
    • Executive King Room

Everything was great up until i was charged $180 extra and now my account in negative and my money on hold !!!!

Supurb

Check out time

Very clean

Very clean

Rudeness by one employee

Poor service
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Staff not well trained on customer services

Location to my appointment

Great breakfast buffet.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower- Disability Access

Great breakfast buffet. Room was very clean and comfortable.

I could hear the people in the room next to me having sex...

I could hear the people in the room next to me having sex all night.

Everything was good

Liked Everything

Location in north Dallas was great off of beltline
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The handicap accessible rooms were located off a loud hallway

Location in north Dallas was great off of beltline

great staff

Place smells like marijuana

great staff

Still under construction mess in the lobby.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Still under construction mess in the lobby.

need my money back for 2 nights out of 5 or wont return

noisy heater/airconditioner not fixed after requested. front desk handled complaint in a non cooperative un friendly manner...offended me.

Nice pla

Good property

it was a nice and peaceful stay.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

I liked that the room was clean and fresh. also I so loved there was plenty of towels in the room.

GREAT clean STAY
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

I liked everything

Location and cleanliness

It was really good

Breakfast was amazing! Housekeeping did an exemplary job!

The jacuzzi tub room was great!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The jacuzzi tub room was great! Breakfast was delicious too!

Everything is convenient around us.

Everything is convenient around us. The person in the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

Will be staying every time I'm in town.

The bed was so nice.

Loved it & i'll be back

No room service lol

I appreciated the updated hallways & on site laundry and a decent gym

Ok, but would look for a quieter place
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower- Disability Access

Doors banging closed. Kept us awake.

The breakfast

It was basic, but clean.

It was basic, but clean.

Nice relaxing stay

It was under construction and I was not aware of that

It was close to home.

I love the new floors.

I had no complaints.

Loved the Jacuzzi

The rooms were nice and comfortable.

The rooms were nice and comfortable.

Sheets were rough

Sheets were rough

Very pleasant stay

It was 100% non smoking

It was quite

It was just the place we needed and will stay there again.

Everything was fine.

Food was warm and tasty and plentiful.

Excellent, perfect location.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The whole trip as well as the accommodations.

Good condition, great location, but old furniture in lobby...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Good condition, great location, but old furniture in lobby is disgusting and should be thrown out and replaced.

Walls were paper thin.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Walls were paper thin. We could here peoples conversations in the breakfast area from our room with the door closed

Excellant location.friendly staff.

Not much...very little things.

Excellent location.100s of restaurantaround. Good breakfast. Clean hotel& room. Friendly staff. All was good