Reviews of Comfort Inn Downtown 2 stars

1999 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, MI 48207, USA

#19 of 22 hotels in Detroit

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

OK to stay for a short time.

It looks place requires a little maintenance. Generally it is OK but you can see little flaws. Door slide limits was not setup correctly and therefore bottom of the door wasn't fixed properly. Found a pen inside window slide. And etc.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Sliding bathroom door did not close fully, leaving a crack...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sliding bathroom door did not close fully, leaving a crack to see through. Cable stopped working at one point and front desk couldn’t fix it so we had no tv for hours until we fell asleep.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Excellent choice for people on a budget. Would go back again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could perhaps have more & better warm food options. An extra shampoo in the bathroom would have been nice (my partner finished the one that is available). Hard to think of negatives.

Excellent staff at reception. Clean rooms. Very comfortable beds. Loved the waffle maker. Free parking.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Mixed feelings

The fact that they charged me for a night that I wasn’t there (no show) I booked the rooms on the 18th of September from Milwaukee around 8 pm I booked the Room for 19th and the 20th in Detroit on the 21st I was suppose to depart for Cleveland at 5 am I was hungry son I decided to wait for the 6am breakfast they were late 630 Am and nothing so I just left hungry for the Cleveland comfort inn ...

Barely Passed my espectations

Comfortable
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Staff was amazing. Rooms were very nice and clean. Shuttle service was amazing. You called and they were there. I would stay here again just for the convenience of the having your own shuttle service. Very nice breakfast. Next time I am in Detroit I will definitely stay here again.

It's okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Funny smell. There isn't really a restaurant, they just do breakfast.

It was fine as a place to sleep for two nights. Cheap vending machines. Washing machine costs $1.75 per load (extra $1 for detergent) and dryer costs $1.50 per half-hour load; laundry shuts at 10pm but staff are flexible about this.

The room was clean and the proximity to the ballpark was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I Received a Phone call at midnight from a gentleman claiming to be the front desk he wanted my Visa card so he could hold it to see if we damage it are now way out it was a scam and my wife and I was shaken up about it all night and morning. the staff did not care as much about our concerns and said they heard about it.

The room was clean and the proximity to the ballpark was good. I like the shurrle to the ballpark.

Amazing service and location - would definitely stay here again :)

The staff were so hospitable and friendly, the food was good, and the beds were very comfortable. There was even a shuttle service to the ball game the night we stayed and a tiny (but good) hotel bar...we were impressed!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The front desk worker was extremely friendly and helpful as...

The bathroom sink was pretty leaky, and wasn’t the cleanest. It also was not in the best part of town, and not walking distance to anything.

The front desk worker was extremely friendly and helpful as it was our first time staying in the city. She informed us about the free shuttle to the Tigers game, which was a huge bonus!!

I wouldn't go back there.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The noise, it's a very noisy hotel. The hotel is in desperate need of a makeover and the gym is poor.

Most of the staff where friendly and tried to help at every opportunity. The location was okay as it was a short walk (about 12-15 minutes) to the Downtown area. The free coffee in the bar area was a nice touch

We had a very pleasant stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our air conditioner leaked a little but didn’t keep me from staying or wanting to stay again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful as soon as we walked in you could tell the place was very clean great location and talking to others that stayed all so I heard so many great things about the place . This is a place I would stay again in the future and the beds where so comfortable.

Our stay was to short.

Our truck was not detailed when we returned from our concert. Just kidding. Lol

Front desk attendant, security guard,the cleaning staff, and the drivers went above and beyond there duties,to help us out with any questions we had in detail. We were beside ourselves with how polite everyone was. We will recommend the Comfort Inn on the 1999 E. Jefferson to all our friends. We will employ your services the next time We come to town. Thank you very , very much , sincerely, Clyde and Kim Brown Kalamazoo, Michigan.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Housekeeping staff was accommodating and nice to me.

The desk clerk wasn't hospitable at all! Too direct. Having travelled all day, I received a bad impression of Detroit and Comfort Inn Downtown being in her midst. Requested a wake up call -didn't get one.The clerk gave the impression that I (as a customer) owed her something.) You know who was on duty at the time. She wasn't cordial at all at least with me. The only sour spot in my visit to Detroit.

Housekeeping staff was accommodating and nice to me.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The staff were very friendly.

My only complaint is the sliding barn door on the bathroom didn't have a handle on the inside. So it made closing and opening the door a little awkward.

The staff were very friendly. The room was clean. The bed was exceptionally comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Not far from downtown and free Parking
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dirty (damped floor in some parts, hair in the sheets, under the bed was not cleaned as we found bottles and so on)

Not far from downtown and free Parking

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The staff was very attentive to our needs.

There weren't curtains to block the light coming through the window. There was no pool and a very small room so the price was too high for the stay.

The staff was very attentive to our needs.

FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE! FANTASTIC STAFF!!

The ONLY thing I could complain about is that there wasn’t a pool or hot tub. That would have been great to come back to after a hot day in the sun at the game.

First of all the people at the front desk on arrival were FANTASTIC! So friendly and SO helpful. We were going to a Tigers game later in the day and he set us up with a shuttle and all the phone numbers we needed. Fabulous staff all around. The cleaning staff were EXTRA kind and friendly. We were REALLy happy. They also sell beer and wine and drinks in the lobby from a little counter. Greatest little setup!

The staff were very friendly and professional and always...

I think with a few upgrades the facility could be a 4 star hotel. New carpet throughout will be ideal and more closet space.

The staff were very friendly and professional and always willing to meet your needs. The breakfast was very good and the area upkeep was the best. I enjoyed my stay, thanks.

It was okay. Nothing horrible, nothing spectacular. Great location and friendly staff.

The hotel is smoke-free but someone next to us was smoking and the smell filled our room. Also, outside our window were super bright street lights that lit up our room even with all the blinds closed. I like sleeping in total darkness.

Loved the location!

So-so neighborhood, free parking was good, since everywhere...

Road construction .

So-so neighborhood, free parking was good, since everywhere else in the city was paid parking, $25 here, $20 there..... It was vacation though. Greenfield was neat to see in Dearborn . Detroit has a lot of food and drinking to enjoy, Greek casino fun with good eats. Detroit Tigers ball park was awesome, top one or two , of the 30. Tied between SanFranciso and Detriot.

overall is good

WI-FI does not work in the room, only at the reception The juice and coffee is not yummy at the breakfast. I would like to taste better breakfast

Friendly and caring staff, clean room

Dissapointed.

There was trash outside our door where the ceiling either collapsed or workers left it and it smelled, it stayed there until we left. When I booked through booking.com i was under the impression the hotel was on the river with a view. The bathroom door didn't close all the way, which was quite annoying.

The bed was comfortable, staff friendly.

That we didnt have an iron in the room and they have us one but it still didn't work. But overall we got a working one.

That it was in a great location for us to eat and to our venue.

Location was great and shuttle bus service was worth the...

room had a unpleasant odor when ya first walked in.

Location was great and shuttle bus service was worth the stay..room was updated nicely with fridge and microwave and modern furnishings

It was very very pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like the fact that breakfast was done at 9:30 and when it was 9:30, the doors were closed and no offer if everyone sitting in the eating area was done or wanted anything more before doors closed. Other than that it was a very nice stay.

I liked everything. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean. I loved the fresh lemonade in the lobby. It was close to everything we had planned for our trip. There were drivers at the hotel so we didn't have to drive anywhere, awesome!

The bed was amazing, the room was overall clean & the...
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I called 5 hours prior and asked if it was okay that even though I put 3:00 on my reservation time, that if i came at 2, it would be okay. She assured me that check in time was at 2 so there would be no worries. We got there at 3, and our room was not ready and we had to wait 20 minutes. Also, our whirlpool tub was very low quality. The knobs were broken and it wouldn’t shut off, it constantly dropped or had a stream of water coming out which made for a really annoying noise while trying to go to bed

The bed was amazing, the room was overall clean & the lady who checked us in was nice.

Very comfortable and satisfiable.

The toilet door could have been more tight and secure (like an actual door) for privacy, instead of it being on runners. Although, this may well be because we were given a room more accustomed towards disabled persons; which is completely fair. Either way, this didn't bother us much at all.

Everything. Great Staff. Great atmosphere. Great hospitality. Great breakfast selection. Great Location. Great facilities.

Fantastic!

The staff was amazing! The room was very clean and there was a shuttle that would take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius which was super nice.

The manager was very nice and loved the shuttle
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Loudness of room next door on both sides they partied all night long until morning had to call desk twice to take care of this

The manager was very nice and loved the shuttle

It was just ok .

It was dirty and I didn’t feel safe . Lots of screaming In The night . There wasn’t a safe place within walking distance for food or shopping. Our room had ants .

The staff was helpful and friendly.

Loved it!

I wish the shuttle ran a little later (it gets done at midnight) but that is not a huge deal with Uber and Cabs!

The breakfast at the hotel was delicious! My husband and I were thinking it would be those powdered eggs but nope it wasn't! The location is great for whatever you want to do in Downtown Detroit! We went to a concert at the Masonic Temple, the shuttle at the hotel is so convenient! Have stayed there before a few years ago and it's all been updated since! We will definitely stay there again, whenever we do anything in Downtown Detroit!

Convenient

There was a guy sitting in the lobby who reeked of weed and was talking about "I just wanna smoke some weed and bullsh*t". It was only my husband and I so it wasn't a big deal. I would have been upset if my kids were around though.

The bed was great and the pillows were amazing!

Was not worth what we paid. And we usually stay at a comfort inn for our travels. Disappointed!

Our “clean” towels had a bunch of hair on them (not ours). Hair dryer and tv remote were both broken. Heater in the room wouldn’t switch to cool - our room was roasting hot. And a couple of pillows had hairs all over them too. Made me wonder how “clean” the place was. Questionable stickiness on the door handle too. I think the cleaning crew needs a refreshing!

The shuttle and rich the driver were great.

We would never stay here again.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The bed linen was dirty. We had to ask that it be changed. The bathroom was dirty and the tub faucet was broken. The water was cold once it came out of the sprayer. This room was way too expensive for the quality we received.

The location was close to where we needed to be.

It suited our needs.

Toilet seat has permanent scuff marks on it and the sink faucet goes from cold to hot with the slightest of movements...one second it’s cold and then, bam! it’s HOT! Not warm...hot.

Bed was comfortable

Comfortable

DO NOT LET JAMES DRIVE YOU ANYWHERE HE IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO CONDUCT BUSINESS DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME NOR MONEY ON HIM

Price I paid

Will be staying again!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish there would have been a pool

Staff on every shift was friendly, Head House Keeper was a sweetheart!! Thank you for the free breakfast, it was more than what we expected.

The staff was very kind and welcoming

The rooms could have been a little bit better, the door to the bathroom/closet was very strange. And then we were by the door that went out to the garbage which was kind of gross.

The staff was very kind and welcoming

Comfortable bed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Tv didn’t work and then the shower water came out a rusty brown color multiple times, the pressure was so low It wouldn’t even come out the shower head. The handle fell off multiple times. We were told too many people were at the hotel for the shower to be ran properly... Very disappointed there.

Comfortable bed! Very nice workers from the front desk, house keepers and breakfast.

Great breakfast, solid value and awesome proximity to...
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The shuttle to downtown carried miscommunication. I had called “Andre” for a ride at 10:48pm, he had told me he was on his way to the hotel. I had no time frame to go off of, giving me the assumption he would call upon arrival. I went downstairs at 11:00pm, where he was no where to be seen. We waited furthermore until 11:15 where we made the decision to drive ourselves.

Great breakfast, solid value and awesome proximity to downtown.

Perfect location for Detroit activities.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The updating was good, but lacked finesse. The new sliding door to the bathroom could have been improved by removing the original hinged door frame. The exterior window for the room leaked cold air as if it were open. Other than those two remodel issues, it’s a nice hotel in a super convenient location.

Recently updated. Clean and well lit. Bright and secure parking. Evening shuttle van. Close to Cobo.

Overall, a VERY NICE place to stay, would definately come back and stay again!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our tv didn't appear to work properly (room 234). Also the breakfast, eggs, sausage wasn't hot, actually was barely warm.

Beds were AWESOME!! Very comfortable! Also the staff was very friendly, and very knowledgeable!!

Would stay again if in area

Sliding door for bathroom due to no inside handle.

Staff responded to our needs even when housekeeper had not punched in yet. Breakfast personnel was very welcoming.

Extremely friendly staff !

Wish we could have stayed longer !

Extremely friendly staff ! Everyone of them ! Very clean. Awesome. Will stay again and recommend to friends. Thank you!

Friendly staff, decent price, close enough to the Fillmore
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was kind of disturbed by the cleaning lady multiple times when we had been approved for late check out.. other than that the stay was great. PL’17✊🏽

Friendly staff, decent price, close enough to the Fillmore

Comfort Inn Detroit, Michigan

Small room, but very functional. Has one door that covers both the closet and the bathroom.

Centrally located in Detroit Michigan . Easy access to the interstate.

Wonderful!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Awesome place, staff was really friendly. Free shuddle service to and from downtown. Bar there open until 2, reasonably priced. Great place will stay again.

Very clean and convienent!

We were attending the Pistons game at Little Caesar's arena. They offered a shuttle to and from there. It saved us 20.00, and the shuttle driver was super nice and everyone at the hotel was so very helpful.

We made the best out of accommodations that were not really up to our standards.

No available bottled water. Drawer space too small (unable to unpack suitcase) 1 chair n room. We wound up spending 1 nite elsewhere so we could visit with relatives.

Your staff was great. Polite friendly and helpful

It was a relaxing stay after a long drive.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No instructions for operating the TV. Limited closet space..perhaps a coat rack or wall pegs at entry.

Great beds. Quiet room. Personable staff. Good breakfast. Close to downtown.

Clean, comfortable and affordable

The hotel has been recently renovated and there are some weird things - like the barn door on the bathroom. You can tell the work was down quick or cheap and is kind of sloppy. That had absolutely no affect on our stay- just an observation!

We were in town for a concert at Little Cesar’s Arena. The price was significantly cheaper than other downtown hotels and parking was free. While the Comfort Inn was about a mile further from the venue, we still saved money after paying for an Uber to and from the show. The hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. Bonus: the coffee in the lobby was good!

As long as you don’t expect luxury, this place is perfect. I’d stay again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were some mystery stains on the walls, but as long as you don’t look close you’ll be fine. The air conditioner/heater could use some cleaning. And the beds were double beds, but they were on the smaller side.

The staff at this hotel are really friendly and great at their job. The parking was perfect. Pillows on the beds were really comfortable and the towels supplied were nice and clean.

Nice room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They said because we had face paint on (on Halloween) that we had to pay a $50 deposit on the room. When we went to leave the clerk had forgotten all about it

Nice room

The staff was very helpful.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The staff was very helpful. Many guests were there for the marathon and the hotel provided shuttle to restaurants in the evening. Awesome Close to the river walk 😊

Surpassed expectations

the COFFEE!!!

Beds and pillows very comfortable Decor in rooms on trend Front desk and all staff helpful Loved the convenience of the shuttle to go to Greektown and to the Paul McCartney concert

Clean room and bathroom, comfortable bed, friendly staff.

Air conditioner was very noisy, elevator was very funny :-)

Clean room and bathroom, comfortable bed, friendly staff. Hotel is in safe neighborhood, close to the city center. Half the price of other hotels downtown.

Great place

The staff was very personable and the the selection for breakfast was a pleasant surprise. The room was updated and comfortable..would definitely recommend and will be staying again.

The staff was extremely accommodating for us.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I can't say anything bad...except I wish I stayed longer!

The staff was extremely accommodating for us. We were not even aware of the free shuttle to the downtown core. Joe at the front desk was awesome and gave us an excellent suggestion for supper! Great experience and would go back again for sure!

Well located comfortable budget hotel

Nothing really for the money, breakfast was just okay - ingredients a little average

Large rooms, big beds, comfortable The check in staff were very helpful

It was perfect. Clean, comfortable, affordable. It was great value!

When I saw this was a "two star hotel" I was nervous it wasn't going to be clean and look nice. But it was perfect for what we needed it for. The rooms and hotel itself look newly renovated and were very clean. The staff was very kind and helpful. There was a free shuttle we could take if needed. It obviously doesn't have the Detroit high rise hotel feel if that's what your looking for (we stayed on the top floor (3rd)), but it was affordable and comfortable! I would definetly recommend this hotel!

Great stay, would book again and recommend however must fix drawer space and TV volume
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

very small closet, 3 tiny drawers with no depth for placing any items in, TV volume only reaches 30 and it's still to low to hear. I know your unable to fix closet issue but you must fix the drawer space and volume of TV. Hotel should have done a better job with creating more spacious closet, drawer space.

Nice location, shuttle service within three miles of property, very nice continental breakfast, great remodeling of hotel from previous ownership. Nice room, spacious bathroom, nice TV, very nice sheets/comforter and desk/chair, nice refrigerator and microwave.

Horrible!

The elevator smelled Like marijuana! The staff other than Andre weren't friendly what-so-ever. People were running up & down the hallway all night, and they were super loud. We could hear Everything! I called the front desk to complain but no one answered.

Andre' at check-in was very nice, accommodating, and helpful. The rest of the staff just looked at us like we were from another planet. They didn't say hello or anything.

Overall, the hotel is OK, but a bit expensive. The staff is very friendly and good.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed is smaller than Queen size which is just too small for 2 people. You should remind the people that you want housekeeping service as it often was not happening. The AC had very coarse levels that made it a bit hard to properly set up, mostly it was either too hot or too cold.

The staff at the reception, André, was remarkable friendly and competent. The room was with an ADA compliant roll-in shower. It works but is very small and tight. The wifi is very good. The location is within walking distance of downtown, but you should no go east in the night.

Despite the reputation Detroit has, this was a great room.

The room didn't have enough outlets and there's barbed wire around the property. Kinda sketchy.

Despite the reputation Detroit has, this was a great room. Very clean. Downtown is in walking distance (30 minutes) or a short 5 minute drive.

The overal stay was ok. The location of the hotel was good.

Due to the the name change the ratings went from 4.5 star hotel to 2.0. My room was switched due to the toilet not flushing. The room I was switched to was supposed to be an upgrade but the shower head in the Jacuzzi tub was broke.

The bed was very comfortable

the tube was very nice & bed was clean

the first room we were getting was not clean and then the second room they gave us was not clean but on the third room was finally right & clean and ready for us.

the tube was very nice & bed was clean

Close to Comerica Stadium
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Blood Stains on the flood, in the ghetto, barb wire around fence of property. Lady parked in front of our window at 6pm and pee'd into Dixie cup...unshaven V that my 11 year old seen may scar him for life. Most business near boarded up. Felt like I was in 3rd world country.

Close to Comerica Stadium

Good Job André and the Staff of the Regency Crew!! Wish you the best!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet in room 225 is stained and should be steam-cleaned or replaced, NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION but it doesn't smell. The A/C unit gives a bad smell when turned on, that eventually fades, but it should be maintained. The window and frame could use a good scrub. Great that they open though !. The concrete of the "Smoking Area" area out front is dirty and sticky, presently washed with a leaking regular water hose that has seen better days and that doesn't do the job. Smoking areas are basically disgusting, but It should be PRESSURE WASHED with detergent once a week. The ashtrays are disgusting and should be scrub cleaned once in a while or replaced.

I was in the D for the first time, for a Tigers Game The WHOLE STAFF - the desk staff, but also the room maids I crossed in the hallway - on duty during my stay were very welcoming, smiley, open for a little chat and advice and PROUD OF THEIR CITY. The bed was comfortable, bedsheets and towels clean and fresh-smelling. Shuttle Service to Comerica Park efficient and friendly : THAT SHUTTLE IS A GREAT ASSET. The breakfast area well kept and the food very nice, smiling staff present and available, and made sure FRESH coffee available till the end of Breakfast Service, and I can tell you, that is not always the case in other hotels. On the whole, the Detroit Regency Comfort Inn on E. Jefferson is a good deal.

NEVER STAY HERE!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were very disappointed in the accommodations. Especially for $185 a night. We had a warm room with barely working air, no tissues, 2 towels for 5 people, asked for a cot, never received it, black flakes in our ice, smell of weed in the halls, bathroom door was removed and replaced with a sliding barn door, teenage boys were uncomfortable showering. It was a very bad experience and we will never stay there again or recommend it to anyone. To top it off, we woke up to no breakfast. We went down to the free breakfast, they had 1 piece of sausage, (said they'd make more and never did) we waited 15 minutes. 3 cold, hard nasty eggs, cereal and warm milk, people complaining around us! AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!

I had a roof over my head at nights, and didn't have to sleep in the street!

Place was very dirty, a lot of things broke. Wouldn't stay there again. Was too money.

It didn't have a pool. There was dried up food all over our floor. Very dirty. The manager upgraded our room for a jacuzzi tub, and we went to use it and the plug was broken out of it, so we didn't get to use it.

The bed was comfortable.

Cramped
    • Double Room with One Double Bed - Disability Access

They change name so we had hard time finding plus they gave us a different room than what we booked I asked for handicap room it was so small I could not turn around in my wheelchair very I'm comfortable. The staff was friendly but I would not stay there again

It wa dc close to where we were going

Detroit Regency a.k.a. Comfort Inn was worth the money to rest your head.

The hotel was named Detroit Regency Hotel when I booked but it was actually a Comfort Inn which made it difficult to locate at first. My biggest complaint was that I arrived on a Sunday and my room wasn't cleaned until Wednesday. I was checking out on Thursday. The halls and the lobby could use for an update.

My room was nice and clean. The room seemed to have been updated compared to the rest of the hotel. It also included a mini refrigerator and microwave which was an unexpected surprise. Bed was comfortable. I wasn't sure what to expect with the breakfast but it had a variety of choices and the staff maintained it well. Front desk was pleasant, friendly and accommodating. The hotel is located a block or so from the lakefront which was beautiful and a 20 minute walk to downtown area where the restaurants are.

Regency Hotel has a wonderful staff, and is in a good location, the rooms are clean, and the price i

I have no complaints

The location is good, the front desk staff (Ron) is very friendly, so are the others. I always stay at the Regency when I'm in Detroit. I only booked once through Booking.Com, the rest of the stay was directly from Online with Regency.

Love the staffs but disappointed with hotel...

View from room, sticky floor in room, no swimming pool for my children, wrong location - dangerous surroundings- parking lot is horrible. Breakfast is lame. Only two towels for the family of 4. No freezer in the fridge. Elevator broke down.

Staffs were great.

HURRY UP AND BUY
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Thermostat in the room broken. Elevator didn't work and we were staying on the third floor. Hotel would not compensate for inconvenience.

Close to downtown, staff was friendly and the price wasn't bad. Overall, pretty good.