Reviews of Comfort Inn Downtown Chattanooga 3 stars

2420 Williams Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408, USA

#33 of 72 hotels in Chattanooga

Breakfast eggs were fluffy and sausage fresh and juicy. Self making pancakes were good and filling. The room was clean updated and fresh smelling. I would stay here again. It is just off 24 and close to downtown and Lookout Mountain.

Elevator was too slow and the fake plants should be removed.

Staff was great, clean and comfortable facility, free parking and breakfast was a plus..price was good for a downtown location.

Very limited pool towels. When trying to trade my used towels in the Hispanic housekeeper told me no towels today when the front desk gave me the instructions I was following "Either leave your used towels outside your door or give them to the housekeeper for clean ones."

The room and public area's were very clean. The lady maintaining and cooking in the dining area was very friendly and professional.

This is an older motel and some of the furniture needed to be replaced. The carpet was old and musty. The bathroom had been upgraded but could have been cleaner.

The room was comfortably sized. The bed was good and comfortable. Breakfast was good, not great. Staff courtesy was very good. It was convenient to the downtown area.

The first day I arrived it was earlier than planned and the concierge was super nice and offered to store my suitcase for me til the room was ready, she also gave me menus of close food delivery for dinner. the next day the concierge was not so friendly and seemed disinterested. sorry I have no names.

The staff was horrible. Refrigerator not working, said they would replace, but never showed up. Called to inquire and they said the guy left for the day. Nothing they could do. Just zero customer service and lies.

It needed a little updating. Our room seemed a little rundown and needed a lot of touch ups. Like chipped paint, cracks, Also, it was right in the edge of a very rundown part of town. Thankfully, there was a security guard patrolling the parking lot or I would have felt a little unsafe.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. Security guard in the parking lot.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location was poor and went to breakfast at about 8_30 and the hot food was old and cold they were tidying stuff away and actually vacuuming around us as we ate

There was a baby shower party in a meeting room across the hall from my room. It was loud even with the door semi closed. I’m assuming it was supposed to end at 8pm as that’s he time is started to wind down. During clean up the group was loud. They were in the hallway with kids running around with balloons. I had to come out of my room twice to ask them to be considerate. A group of three gentlemen was actually directly outside our door just socializing and laughing loudly. The commotion didn’t end until almost 9PM. I had a two year old and a two month old in the room that we were trying to get to sleep starting around 7:30pm. I understanding wasn’t very late, but for a family with little ones it was very frustrating.

Location had no restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance. Not part of downtown that caters to the tourist.

Nice room with a very comfortable bed, decent breakfast each morning. Property overall was nice, updated and well kept.

The smoke alarm going off twice at 3:00am. Being hung up on when I called the front desk. Worse part the next morning at check out I was laughed at when I complained. I call the Choice 1-800 number and was given the choice of 2 free nights or 20,000 points. I chose feee nights. Guess what that NEVER happened. NEVER again will I stay at a Choice hotel!

NOTHING WHAT SO EVER, worst experience I have had with any hotel!!

I did call for a wake up call. No call the next morning. The two different young ladies at the desk kinda acted like I was a bother when I checked in.

The breakfast was great. The lady cooking and taking of the food preparation was awesome. Very friendly.

The air conditioning was not working correctly for our room. We informed the front desk and left early in the afternoon to give them time to get someone there to look at it and so that we wouldn't be in their way. We returned back around 8:00 that evening and our AC had not been looked at. Come to find out the maintenance guy did not work on the weekends. The front desk lady was kind enough to give us another room to sleep in that night while we left our things in the other room. That helped, but it was still inconvenient to have to go from room to room when we wanted something out of the other room. The breakfast was good, but you can tell that the eggs are cooked in water, because they are very watery. Also, I am not sure why, but on one of the nights during our stay house keeping was in the hallway vacuuming at 11 at night. Luckily we were not asleep just yet, but if we had of been it would have been very disturbing and woken us up. I'm sure that it was disturbing to other guest that may have already been asleep.

The fact that we had full breakfast was a big plus. We also liked that the breakfast times lasted longer than most hotels do. It allowed us to sleep in a little longer.

The fencing surrounding the property was not nice to look at the neighborhood was a little sketchy. The pool could have used a little more privacy. My air conditioner/ heating unit in my room was very loud

That everything was neat and clean in the staff was courteous. The room was nice and quiet

The TV had to be adjusted each time you turned it on, it would not hold the input settings. The refrigerator wasn't cold enough to use, but it didn't bother me enough to complain.

Room was clean, breakfast was routine. The front desk staff was very helpful.

The air conditioner was broken, so in the morning it was very humid in the room. We tried turning the temperature down really low, but nothing changed.

The pillows were nice, and the room was clean.

The maid service didn't change my linens as they was asked too. And I felt like there should have been a better security around the property. On the 2nd night of our stay the lady didn't stay at the desk. Also she was rude.

Breakfast and staff was excellent. Loved the 1st shift staff and the guy that was there the 1st night of our stay. The management was over the top. I think the guy that helped us the 1st night was Devon?? But I'm not sure but he deserves a pay raise. He went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and comfortable...god bless you all.

I was traveling on business during Valentine’s Day. Even gave me a Valentines card. All the workers always asked how you’re doing have a nice day and I seem to care about making sure my stay was excellent

I expected to be downtown, so I was pretty surprised when we pulled up and still had to drive into downtown every day. The property is about a half mile away from actual downtown.

Good stay. People were friendly and the room was nice. Breakfast was pretty decent as well.

Nothing. It was perfect for us.

We were only there one night. We came in pretty late (around midnight) and stayed till time to check out the next day. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very polite even though we came in so late. One of the biggest things that impressed me was when we were eating breakfast. We came down kind of late and thought we would only have about 5-10 minutes to eat breakfast. The staff was sooo friendly and told us not to rush our breakfast. They were so kind in letting us stay at breakfast longer and seemed in no hurry to take the food away and get everything cleaned up. The breakfast lady was very pleasant and personable. Thank you for a great stay.

We were a bit confused by how cold the elevator was. Apparently, it is open to the outdoors and it was 14 degrees outside. We could see our breath in the elevator!

Breakfast service staff was accommodating.

The confirmation email had an international number hidden in it. (I.e the text was for a local number but clicking it made an international phone call that my carrier charged 3 bucks for)

1st front desk clerk didn’t acknowledge me for a few moments & then continued working on computer rather then start to check me in. Another clerk came to desk & immediately got me checked in & was very friendly. Bathtub had numerous hairs on wall & tub itself.

Close to the interstate & attractions

All off it

Check in was easy. We unloaded our bags and got settled in the room. When leaving, the room we were staying in would not lock. Being 3 women, we did not feel safe at all. We were surrounded by loud wrestling team. Not a good impression. We requested a different room and the clerk said they were booked solid. I told him we would not stay in a room that does not lock. They moved us upstairs- the traffic was so loud no one slept. The beds were horrible and the room is in dire need of updates. The breakfast was horrible- we took some fruit and He entire bow. Was filled with molded fruit. I paid $100 for this room and it was not worth it. Horrible hotel and experience!

The coffee maker in the room, but it's a very minor thing.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The room was clean and the bed was pretty comfortable. The location was ideal.

Honestly, I cannot think of anything negative... we were pleased with the accommodations!

The room was quite comfortable,clean and spacious (room with one king bed.) Nice sink/bathroom with excellent lighting. Very comfortable bed. The breakfast was excellent, nice selection of items, very friendly and helpful staff. I was a little concerned about the location when we first arrived, but soon realized it was safe and well-lighted. I'm glad I reviewed my maps before arrival (because it could've been hard to get to on a one-way street,) but we did not have any trouble. Easy to access attractions in the downtown area!

The staff: from the front desk (Bobbie) to the breakfast people(Brenda and Nonya) to housekeeping..... every one of them were very professional, helpful and kind! Great people to be around. KUDOS to all.

Clean up maid for each day was sloppy. things were left on floor. Breakfast should go to 10 o'clock not 9: 30. Hotel was difficult to get to being on a one way street.

Room was neat, clean and spacious.

The front desk staff wasn’t very inviting when I first walked in and some of them didn’t seem very well trained in customer service.

Breakfast was great and The breakfast staff was very attentive!!

Poor internet signal. Not so good EVEN in the lobby.

Great staff and very helpful and friendly. Good location. Good price. I was very happy that it was quiet when I got ready for bed.

Short stay

Staff members were easy to talk to, they were very helpful with suggestions, extremely friendly staff. Location was great, too. Easy to get to & from locations

AC made some noise, like rattling. However, some units are just like this, so it wasn't worth reporting in. Check in gentleman was nice, but not overly friendly. Remind him to smile! :)

Location was very convenient to tourist attractions (driving wise). Facility was clean and staff was friendly. The two ladies assisting with breakfast were FANTASTIC. Food was good, but their service was impeccable. I can't find the card, but I think their names were Brenda and Nonya. Room was spacious, clean and housekeeping was good.

Those beds are small

The room was very neat and clean and the breakfast was good but you all need to add Bacon to the breakfast. But overall everything was great. Thanks for everything

Can't think of a thing!

We really enjoyed our stay. Very clean room with comfortable beds. The breakfast was from 6 o'clock to 11 o'clock. When we went down at 9 o'clock we were expecting everything would be gone. The dining room was full of people eating but everything looked like it had just been put out. There were two employees constantly replenishing food, drinks, cups, plates, napkins, and utensils. No one had to ask for anything. And you never passed them that they did not speak to you with a smile on their face. All in all a very enjoyable stay and if all Comfort Inns are like this one we won't stay anywhere else!

When checking in the staff was very polite and funny. Also there is a very nice woman during breakfast makes sure you have everything you need. I loved the apple cinnamon waffles.

Cleanliness, not the best room I have ever had.

Breakfast was okay, not too much noise coming from outside, bed was confortable. Athe AC unist a little noisy. Staff was friendly

3rd floor hallway smelled like urine for aome reason. It wasn't overwhelming but I did notice the smell as we walked to our room. Might be because of the fact that hotel allows pets which is a plus, as finding a pet friendly hotel sometimes could be difficult.

Location was perfect, took us less than 5min to get to Downtown and less than 10min to all the attractions we wanted to do. Staff was friendly, room was clean, breakfast was very sufficient with a wide variety of items. Would definatly recommend.

Clean rooms every other day rather than every three.

We enjoyed our stay. We wanted to see Chattanooga and this location was perfect for all the site-seeing we did.

Our air conditioner in our first room did not blow cold enough air to cool the room. The staff were very accommodating.

The beds were very comfortable. The staff was so helpful and friendly.

The breakfast was out of necessities like syrup for waffles, and no bagels or bread were available with 45 min left in the buffet service .

Bed was comfy bedding was very nice lots of pillows

Parking was a problem, a lot of workmen taking up 2 and 3 parking spaces, had to park out back and under a tree with many birds in it, Had to find a car wash the next morning to clean off bird droppings

comfortable rooms

We got back to our room late after an evening wedding, and the parking lot was completely full. There were too many vehicles with trailers taking up multiple parking spaces. They should enforce one parking space per room with the limited parking.

We were very pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of our room, and the hotel in general. The breakfast offered good quality and variety, and the staff attending to the breakfast were extremely friendly and helpful.

Air conditioner did not work in first room, moved to another room, and the air conditioner in that room was not much better! We would have left, and found a different place to stay, if it had not been 10:00 pm! 4.2 rating is a little high, I'm thinking about a 3.0

The location is bad, right off a highway in a dead street.

Mostly friend' staff. Furniture upgrades. Good breakfast area. I'd try to stay in a different hotel next time but wouldn't mind here if I had to.

The woman who checked us in wasn't very friendly and refused to give us late check out and we're Choice members. Never had that happen before. And when we returned after 10 p.m. we had to park in back and we were solicited in the back of the property by a man on a bike. We had to get back in our vehicle and lock the doors until he disappeared around the front. We went quickly to a side door which has a room card entry. However, the door was unlocked. Didn't make us feel very comfortable.

The location was easy to access all Chattanooga attractions but not as close to downtown as indicated on the website. The staff at breakfast was exceptional! Felt as if we were dining in a restaurant.

Room not clean, there was open microwave meal on our dresser when we arrived. Notified front desk and he thought no big deal. We ate breakfast and went back to our room, it was not even 0900 with checkout at 1100 however housekeeping was already in there cleaning and the linens were off beds so we had to leave early. Would not stay there again.

My MAIN issues would be the location. THIS IS NOT DOWNTOWN as it is listed. It is a 7 minute DRIVE to downtown. I paid $159 a night (which is not inexpensive) because the hotel is listed as DOWNTOWN. I was very unhappy with this. I booked this hotel for my husband and I to celebrate our 20th anniversary, downtown. There was another, very nice, hotel downtown for a dollar more that was really downtown. I was extremely disappointed I chose Comfort Inn for the same price and still had to drive to reach downtown. The first morning at breakfast, they were out of plates; not a huge complaint, just a small inconvenience. The check-in procedure was lengthy for me. There was one lady at the desk and she was answering phones mostly, while attempting to check me in. She would assist me in between calls. A man came up to help beside her and checked two different customers in fairly quickly. I was checked in after them, even though I arrived prior to both of them. I booked ahead of time so everything was already for us to check in; all we needed to do was pay. The lady was nice; just took longer than should have to sign in. While waiting in between calls, the lady quoted a price of $139 a night for a room with a king-sized bed, which is what we had. That was $20 per night less than what I paid. Just unhappy mostly with the cost and the location not being where they said it was.

I liked that breakfast was included. We enjoyed it. The staff we dealt with was nice.

Had we known the breakfast bar was that bad we would have gone somewhere else.

We booked 2 rooms. The first room was very musty smelling and damp feeling. The 2nd room was not. The breakfast buffet was really bad. Pancakes were cold. Mostly sliced polish sausage for meat. No bacon. Only fried eggs that all looked the same. They seemed to be out of the freezer. The rooms were nice except for the musty smell.

Room was beside the pool, so for privacy, we couldn't open the curtains. So, the room was a bit dark.

Liked having 4 pillows for each of the 2 beds. The room was large and comfortable. Small but nice pool. Free hot breakfast in the morning. Great deal for a one-night stop on our road trip!

I would like for them t ok offer extra linen. That'd just not this hotel I recommend this to all hotels. I usually bring extra linen because they never give yoy enough especially when yoy have children and you go swimming at the pool the extra linen would come in handy.

Asked front desk for crib,no one brought one,asked again, front desk went to look for one but no one came by or called to say they did or didn't have one. Carpet was filthy. After having shoes off for only 30 min.bottom of my feet where brown. Coffee maker and cups where stored in bathroom;this unsanitary and gross.

Plenty of pillows.

I picked this hotel due to it said online it was .3 miles from the river walk for me to be able to run. Not knowing the area I trusted it. It was not. I'm a daily runner. I asked the man at the desk about running around the hotel. He said he would not advice it due to the amount of homeless people who sleep outside. Another time I went to the front desk. No one was visible said I called out hello. I was met with a "What!" And a man who walked over and stared at me upset that I had interrupted his conversation with another co worker. I asked another time about local things and their proximity. The response I received from 2 employees is they don't know the area or how to get around it but could give me a map. We left the hotel two days early due to the awful service, unsafe environment, and in accommodating staff.

First room was dirty. I walked in picked up the remote to turn on the tv and the back of the remote was sticky. There were food crumbs in different parts of the room. Bathroom was dirty as well. Swapped rooms and the air conditioner in that room did not work properly so we slept uncomfortably because it was too warm in the room.Told staff upon checkout. She said thanks for telling me, I'll let maintenance know.I'm not the type to make a big scene to get a discount but I do feel this place was not worth what I paid which was $100 for that one miserable night.

The staff were friendly and accomodating

Not really an issue, but I thought we booked 2 King sized beds, but found 2 queen. Didn't even mention it to staff during stay.

Friendliness of all the staff was exceptional. Not unusual to find one or two, but every employee I encountered was friendly.

Room was musty and carpet was filthy. Several stains on comforter. Breakfast bar was mis managed, dirty and crowded. Cereals were all mixed together and there was no regular coffee cups... all small paper cups! Location was closer to lookout mountain than downtown and not easy to access. Overall, very disappointed.

Price

The location. It was not what I would consider Downtown Chattanooga. The surroundings looked a little shady and abandoned but the hotel itself was fine.

I liked the staff. They seemed attentive and nice. The gentleman who facilitated the breakfast was AWESOME! Very personable.

The location is kind of shady if you've never been there. My wife and I arrived via google maps at around 1130pm and the surrounding area is run down and you drive under an over pass which makes you check your locks but once we arrived to our destination we were relieved and impressed of the hotel and felt totally safe!

The front desk man was super nice on the phone and in person! The entire property inside and out was very clean. The HD television, free wifi, free breakfast, and accommodating my dog was awesome. Within minutes is everything we wanted to do; the aquarium, see rock city, and of course delicious food!

The best parts of downtown Chattanooga can be marginal at night, and I assure you this is not one of the best parts of Chattanooga. HOWEVER- only 5 minute drive to the nicer part of downtown, I just wouldn't walk there.

As nice a room as you'd ever find in a 120-225 price range. Very clean hotel, with very comfortable beds.

Small room, only one chair in the room, refrigerator didn't work and the hotel was really hard to get to with only one entrance from a one way street.

I was moved to a better room when I asked for it.

Difficult to find the entrance once off the freeway. Better signing would have helped.

Check in was quick and easy. Room was as promised and clean. Despite the location the room itself was quiet.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Housekeeping came around at 9am and barely even knocked before barging in. Then proceeded to hang out right outside the door till we were ready to leave, even though check out was not until 11 am. That, I didn't appreciate.

Bed was very nice, room was extremely clean, and the staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Hotel was located very nicely between downtown Chattanooga and Lookout mountain! It was very easy to get to either location within minutes. Morning breakfast was very good too. A lot to choose from and more than enough to fill you up for your day of fun. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly. Very nice people to make you comfortable while you are there.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The area was isolated from the city centre, which although was walkable I don't know how safe the area is at night.

The hotel was although a little dated was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly. The location was near to the I24 and was walkable to the centre for bars and some local attractions (approx. 1 mile to Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel). Lookout Mountain was approx. 15 mins drive from the location

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The shower has rust in the dish soap, behind the toilet wood chipping away, couldn't adjust the air conditioner. The biggest distraction was the hotel was next to the highway...very noisy!! At times at I thought it was thundering because of the semi passing by. Hotel was on a one way street with no signs and highway

Beds were comfortable. Building really needs updating. Air conditioner stay at 54 but was cold as you think it would be at that temperature. Really just a place to sleep & shower. Was their to enjoy the sights

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

The lady at the front desk was extremely helpful. There was an issue with our booking (my fault), and they took care of the problem, no questions asked.

My car was "keyed" in the parking lot. not good.

This is a solid hotel. Rooms were very clean with free internet, free breakfast and a mediocre exercise room. Location was simple. I would stay here again easily.

Was not downtown. I was thinking it was actually downtown and not on the outskirts of downtown. Only about a 4 minute drive to downtown area.

Value was good. Nice place to stay for a quick trip.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Room was a bit small & the wallpaper was coming off in the bathroom, but it was still a beautiful room. We also had a problem with the toilet at first, but that resolved itself, on its own.

Beautiful historic building; nice location, great staff

I woke up on the last day (we only stayed two nights) with my legs itchy. I thought it was odd but didn't see any bites until later as we were driving home, I have around 10 red bites on my legs and a couple on my arm. Not sure if it was bed bugs, or red bugs or what but regardless DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 309. I know it came from the bed because we woke up and and left... didn't do anything that day

They had a friendly staff and the breakfast was decent. It was in a good location for us because it's in between downtown and the mountain tourist things such as rock city and Ruby falls which we wanted to visit both downtown and those.

Both nights we stayed the entire floor we were on smelled like marijuana! The front desk was informed of this and said they would not do anything about it. We will never stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Parking lot full of oversize work trucks, road noise all night, non smoking room smelled of smoke, had to wait 15 minutes to check in at 10:30 pm because no one was at the front desk.

Room rate was reasonable for the area, but not this hotel.

Really hard to find. I missed it coming off the exit ramp, tried to make the block, wound up back on the interstate in bumper to bumper traffic, got off at next exit, tried to circle back to it. Came up behind it but no access from that street. Wound around to approach it from another direction, but couldn't enter from that direction either because it was a one way street. Thought I would never access it even though I was driving all around it with the hotel in sight. Very frustrating! Not in the safest looking area, either. Adult bookstore between it and the heart of downtown. Once in, it was fine, but I didn't want to get back out after dark. Ended up ordering food delivery.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Clean and comfortable rooms in a convenient downtown location. We did not have the opportunity to walk to sites dieting our stay but it was well located for cars.

We didn't like that the breakfast was only offered from 6-9.

We enjoyed the hot breakfast. The room was very nice and clean and the staff was very helpful. It was also close to a lot of attractions and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

The neighborhood is a little sketchy but we felt safe on the property and it is convenient to everything we wanted to visit in Chattanooga. I

Staff was friendly, beds were soft and breakfast was great.