Reviews of Comfort Inn Washington Dulles International 2 stars

200 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20170, USA

#17 of 20 hotels in Herndon

It was one night after a long international flight.

The bar/restaurant next door and someone just hanging out in the parking lot. He was sitting in a lawn chair with a large cooler drinking.

The staff was great. It was nice to have breakfast in the morning

I didn’t like that it is a non smoking hotel yet they have...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that it is a non smoking hotel yet they have no control on those who are smoking. We had a connecting room and the man in the next room continued to smoke after repeated visits to his room and phone calls. That didn’t help us who were stuck with him for two days of our 4 day stay.

I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at the Comfort Inn again and would recommend it to friends.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

CNN was on the tv both times I went down for breakfast—so I ate as quickly as I could. UGH! It jarred my nerves to hear their commentary first thing in the morning. Some people may want to be “in the know”, but lately some of stories being covered are offensive and simply destroy the sense of ‘comfort’ that the Comfort Inn is trying to provide. Perhaps the Inn should reconsider having the tv in the dining room. I had no hot water at 5 am on the morning I checked out, but that didn’t spoil my stay.

My room was quiet and so were the people who stayed on either side of me. Room service was excellent. I apreciated having the hot water machine (for coffee/tea), the iron, tv and big bathroom basin. Breakfast was surprisingly good and there were many choices—eggs and bacon/sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes—amazing! Shuttle service was right on time!

Good hotel but too far from Dulles Airport.

I booked this hotel because it was advertised as close to Dulles Airport, but it actually wasn't that close. I wouldn't choose this hotel again because of that issue.

The hotel itself was fine.

Nice and affordable.

Hotel is a little dark and facillities are a little older and slightly worn.

Hotel is located just off of the Fairfax County Parkway and has easy access to the Toll road or other main routes into DC. Several restaurants are within walking distance.

Good value for money

No dry cleaning service. Wall was thin, and not sound-proof. Air conditioner didn't work well.

Nice staff. Close to 7-11 (but not from shopping area). Breakfast was OK.

Driving into the parking lot I knew I made a mistake.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Driving into the parking lot I knew I made a mistake. The picture they show of his hotel must be very old. In actuality the parking lot was dirty with a few pot holes. Walking in did not improve my opinion. I wouldn't call it dirty, but it wasn't clean either. Lets call it old. The first thing that caught my eye was two men dressed head to toe in black with only their eyes showing. While this made me a little nervous, I let it go and checked in. The first thing I saw when I walked in the room, was what looked like a bullet hole in the window. That's right, a hole with cracks around it. I turned around and left. Since there is a no refund policy I lost my money. I wouldn't stay here if they offered me the room for free.

Win! Win! Win! Location !

The airport shuttle driver and the front desk staff were very pleasant and very helpful. The location boasts a convenience store just steps away, and restaurants too. This is a terrific value for the $$. A bit away from the airport, but the shuttle takes care of that,

My fiancé and I enjoyed our short visit
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The check-in process kind of took longer than most places we’ve been to.

The room was clean, comfortable and perfect for my fiancé and I. We just needed somewhere to stay while traveling and it did not disappoint. We slept amazingly and the breakfast was one of the best.

It was a very wonderful one.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Thou the breakfast is free, but compare with other Hotels' breakfast, you need to mprove on the breakfast and stop repeating same menu everyday.

Very good location especially to the Airport, your Shuttle Bus was able to drop me on time at the Airport. Your front desk staff: Dennis and partner are very friendly and wonderful.

Came in to rest after a long day of traveling and sight-seeing

Bathroom was a little smaller than I had hoped. Door of bathroom went in the wrong way.

Property was easy to find and close to where we wanted to be. The hotel itself was very comfortable and quiet. The bed was super comfortable.

There was an odd odor in the room, the mini refrigerator...

There was an odd odor in the room, the mini refrigerator made a loud buzzing sound and the TV reception was horrible. I changed rooms only to find the same issues, only slightly less. Won't stay there again.

Cheap Place near Washington Dulles
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were loud noises from construction work around 9 am on Saturday morning. Upon complaining to the front desk, I was told that the guys always started working at that time.

It is very cheap.

Good but the lack of working wifi will keep me away in the future.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi did NOT work at all in my room or even at the reception desk when I tried to connect my Ipad. The staff tried to reboot the router twice but it did not help. I was unable to send an email relating to my arrival overseas so this was very inconvenient. This reason will keep me from staying there again in the future. There is no excuse for not having a working wifi when it is advertised to be on site.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was helpful with directions when asked. The room was clean and was a decent size with a good tv. Breakfast was decent since it was free with good coffee.

For an overnight stay, suited me fine.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Facility is just looking worn, dated....

Nice staff, decent quick breakfast options, super comfortable bed. Location was convenient, & I took a short walk to a nice Italian dinner.

Bed comfortable and good breakfast. Staff poorly trained. Bathroom was dirty when we checked in.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Door to enter the hotel closest to our room was broken - had to walk around to the front and all the way to the back for luggage - both unpacking and packing. Not charged correctly for pets. Staff not well trained in checking in or checking out. Room was dirty when we checked in (especially the bathroom).

Bed was comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was a nice bonus (especially a hot breakfast).

this is not a fancy hotel but it was clean, the staff were...

this is not a fancy hotel but it was clean, the staff were friendly and efficient, the room had everything i needed, and the breakfast was better than i thought it would be considering the lower price i paid. i would stay again.

never stay again in this hotel
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the dont clean room nd lie to me says i out DND nd i dont the belive cleaner not guest plus reception richard not help nd there managerPATEL told me get out from here with unpolite way he forgot that i paid money to stay nd need svc i will not come back again in this hotel if those staff in this hotel houskeeping the go 1400 after that no body clean room

not far from airport

Comfortable bed and pillow is the only positive. Paper-thin walls, untrained front desk staff.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Chris who works at the front desk had no training. I had to check out and then check back in because I extended my reservation. He didn't have me sign anything, and assured me that I could stay in the same room. My wife is staying in the room while I'm traveling to a client. The front desk manager, Brittney Chaloupka, calls my room at 7:30 AM, after I left (and while my wife is sound asleep), saying that I can't stay in the room because I'm not signed into that room and had to sign a registration form (which Chris never informed me I needed to do, since I filled out one for my first reservation). The walls in the room are paper-thin, and my wife and I were kept up most of each night of the entire week we were there, listening to the guy next door talk to his girlfriend in Spanish. The back door keyreader doesn't work, so if your room is near the back door and you need to go out to the car, you have to walk around the whole building to get back in. Cleanliness is poor as well; there was someone else's hair all over in my bathroom, from the sink to the shower. When I finally went to check out, I was overcharged and had to work it out with the front desk manager to be billed correctly. While breakfast was a good selection, the meat (bacon on one day and sausage on another) was undercooked - this is a health hazard!

The pillows were very comfortable, as was the bed. The breakfast was a good selection. The bagels were nice.

Well in all we enjoyed our brief stay at comfort inn
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not informed that we are supposed to call for us to be picked at the airport. So sad to have stayed in the cold for 2 hours with kids after landing with out seeing comfort inn shuttle while others kept coming and going. But thank God the shuttle bus came after making a call to the hotel.

We enjoyed the warmth reception,comfortable accomodation and good breakfast.

Wont stay there again
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is infested with roaches. Had to change my room because of roaches. The shuttle driver was not very careful, he was driving inbetween two lanes and taking pills. The staff was not the friendliest but they were not rude.

It was ok

Friendly hotel with great amenties

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The bed and pillows were very comfy and shower was great and powerful. The breakfast was lovely with hot foods as well and plenty of variety.

Very good and will recommend it to friends and family visiting the area.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It is not near to shopping centers

The breakfast selection was quite good. The front desk personnel, Mr. Dennis Gonzalez was most helpful and accommodated all our requests.

They did not accept booking.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

They did not accept booking.com reservations. I had to book directly with them. Called booking.com and the support was not that great. Anyway very poor property and very badly maintained. Awfully bad experience.

Super

Breakfastwould be better

We are impressed with the excellent service your staff provided during our stay. Special thanks to Richard for his warm wellcome. We recommend this hotel to everyone.

Would stay again no doubt

Didnt have a chance to eat complimentary breakfast - maybe even during the week, they should stay open past 9am for late arrivals from previous night.

Clean rooms. Customer service

Comfortable and enjoyable and a great diner nearby!

Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Really nice room and comfy bed. Would stay here any time I am near Dulles. Were willing to look after cases if we wanted to go out as we were not flying home to the UK until evening.

Best place for an economical and comfortable stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything, starting from the shuttle service from the Dulles Airport, to the breakfast served, to the shuttle service to the nearest Metro station, was great. Friendly staff and very helpful, made me feel so relaxed.

Very good breakfast, comfortable bed.

Very good breakfast, comfortable bed. Big room and enough space in bathroom. I stayed there only overnight but I think it is also very good place to stay more days.

Good value for the price.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Older property with typical signs of wear. Basically clean, and adequate for a quick travel stay, but not someplace I would want to spend more time at.

My booking for 2 double beds got switched to a single King bed. The man at the front desk was nice enough to change it for no additional charge.

As Agent Cooper would have put it: "Clean room, reasonably priced."

My only issues were (a) the bathroom sink drain was slow; (b) no gripper surface to the bathtub, I nearly slipped once but caught myself [thank goodness the support bar was there, otherwise I might well have hurt myself).

Breakfast fare was 'serviceable' but given it was included in the cost of the stay, no real complaints.

Clean, convenient, good value for the the money.

The only suggestion I would offer is to be clearer on where to pick up the shuttle upon arrival into Dulles That's the only little problem I had, but not a major problem at all.

Friendly front desk person - Jose, Great shuttle driver, also friendly, talkative young man. All around a pleasant stay and experience for the money paid.

Would recommend. but be prepared to telephone the hotel from the airport to request free shuttle.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle from the airport was available ONLY on request by phoning Comfort Inn. This was not stated in the website information. As no shuttle appeared after a long wait, we had to take a taxi which cost 25 dollars.

The room was clean comfortable and the breakfast was adequate. Overall this was sound value for the location.

It was clean and location was good
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning was awful, the unit in our room would not stay on which made for an uncomfortable night trying to rest

It was clean and location was good

Brest deal - but could be cheerier.

Although we like the facility, I must share that the hallways are quite bland. Returning in the evening, the hallways are almost depressing - not due to condition or lighting - just due to the drab color. I would find the facility much more welcoming with brighter colors throughout. Please uinderstand - the staff was cheerful and upbeat - its the color of the halls that I am talking about,

This is our second stay this summer, both times for three days. We consider this hotel our best deal

Comfortable beds.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Aging facilites. The front desk staff was minimally helpful and with some exceptions, not polished (i.e., a tad bit disrespectful). Sometimes over the phone it was hard to understand them, because of thick accents.

Comfortable beds. Decent breakfast. Convenient shuttle and location to IAD. Free wi-fi (quick, but you have to log in repeatedly). Free landline service.

Clean safe place to stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was disappointing. Everything was gone and no one was refilling it, she just said sorry it's gone....

Clean and comfortable and felt safe and secure

Only for a night.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There is an abandoned van in the back parking lot brimming with garbage and flat tires. It has tags from 2014 yet it hasn't been towed. The room next to mine was open and full of broken equipment and junk. My room had a dank smell, almost moldy, that permeated everything. I was only there for a night so I didn't let it bother me too much. If I had stayed longer, this would have been an issue. The woman at the front desk when I arrived was off-putting, even borderline rude. I had made two books for the same day and cancelled one immediately but when I arrived she said I had two bookings. I informed her one was cancelled but she said that it wasn't and that I had 20 minutes to call booking.com to solve the issue or I'd be charged fees. I called the 1-800 number and worked with Luis R., who was fantastic. The cancellation information had been sent to the hotel about 10 days prior to my stay. The fact the hotel staff didn't even check and were borderline rude to me about this upset me a bit. In the end, it was resolved and I didn't incur any penalties.

The location is excellent, the shuttle took only 8 minutes to get to Dulles. I was very pleased with that. The room appeared clean and put together nicely, although it definitely is old. The man running the main desk in the morning was very friendly and accommodating.

It's convenient to the airport (although HARD to find at...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I booked it because it averaged over an 8. Not sure why. I would call it a low 3-star hotel. It seemed old and dank. My window view was a brick wall. The night staff was RUDE, but the morning staff was very nice.

It's convenient to the airport (although HARD to find at night--no visible street signs--not the hotel's fault). The breakfast was okay. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Room was not cleaned after the previous guest.

Everything. Sleeping in a dirty room from the previous guest.

I got there and they told me they don't have a clean room and that I would have to sleep in a dirty room. I got no refund. Terrible.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Walls are paper thin, could hear entire conversations in...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Walls are paper thin, could hear entire conversations in room next door even though they clearly weren't talking loudly. Room was musty and humid, even with ac running. Unfriendly an inattentive staff

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Family Get-together

Nothing... It is a great place to stay.

The staff is awesome. Room could use an update , mold in the bathroom tub facet needs to be redone. However, without the update I would stay there the next time. Breakfast fresh and attended too.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

dirty, run down , and lacking Comfort whisc ironically is their name

read above

property is dirty run and rooms are run down and frankly some are no acceptable to rent out in their current condition, including mt assigned room #101. I have pictures on stained and burned carpet filthy and the beds were terrable ...worst of all there was stains and a long black hair in the bed betwrrn the sheets they should refund all my money and perhaps consider paying me to stay there as my occupation is hospitality consulting and hotel management

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Excellent experience

NA

Staff are welcoming. Shuttle bus from and to the airport is very helpful. Area around the hotel is very clean and you can enjoy walking in. Two small plaza are close by (1 to 5 minutes walking). I loved my staying there.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great location, less impressive breakfast...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

"Breakfast" consists of self-service instant grits (porridge), plastic wrapped muffins and coffee. Don't relay on this for a good start to your day!

Great location for airport, very comfy bed, quiet, good wi-fi

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Good value
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Located between Dulles Airport and downtown DC. Less expensive than staying in downtown DC. Air Fare to Dulles was less than it was to Washington National.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

wonderful
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

no vending machine, the items were for sale in the lobby but no price, no microwave in the room, but it is not a deal breaker for me.

the rooms were very clean and well keep

Will look for a better place next time
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was not made up after our first night. Reservation supposedly was not received from Booking.com Long delay in checking in as a result. No exhaust fan in bathroom Beds were not comfortable. Back pain as a result. Sheets were scratchy.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The airco from the hotel was located just below my room...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The airco from the hotel was located just below my room which makes it very noisy all night. The hotel didnot send the airport shuttle : told me to take a cab and they will reimbursed ... incorrect they reimbursed only the fare excluded tax and tip: so dont count on the airport shuttle on sunday. Some of the staff were0 unfriendly. Finally, a dog unleashed jumped on me while going out of my room which I found unacceptable.

Great hotel, great staff, great experience

The only drawback was location. There is a bit of driving to do to get to the hotel if one avoids toll roads. It is within a mile to the nearest commuter train station, but still one has to navigate around tolls.

Staff was very attentive to issues not the fault of the hotel and took time to go further than necessary to ensure a great stay.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Bed was fine as well as breakfast.

They are in the process of upgrading the property a bit. It does need new carpeting for sure, but I'm still very comfortable there.

Bed was fine as well as breakfast. staff always so nice and I feel safe there.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Awesomely Unexpected!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We expected a "Continental Breakfast" when we saw the breakfast included sign. OMGosh were we Wrong!! The so called "continental breakfast" IS a "Full Breakfast" with all the trimming!!! BRAVO!!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Quick trip

The bed was a touch hard for me but I like a soft bed. Also the shower faucet was very quirky and required fiddling with to operate properly.

Location to the airport was ideal.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Comfort Inn Dulles
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room could use small cosmetic repairs. For example drywall had a small hole near the base of entry wall. Other than that very clean.

Very attentive and courteous staff at all times. Extremely clean room and facility. Excellent location for highway access. Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Pleasant and friendly

I was unaware that there was a 25.00 per night pet charge. Wish that amount for 4 days 106.00 had been told to me when I booked and paid online for the 4 nights.

The staff gave us a room close to an exit to take my small dachshund out. Plus it was a handicap room which helped greatly with the walker I used.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Good layover hotel

They don't reply to emails.

The room was spacious and bed comfortable. Being closer to IAD airport, they provided free shuttle service and the driver even dropped me to the nearest Metro station, where I could catch the train to DC. Few fast food outlets nearby.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Comfort Inn on Elden Street
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

One desk representative appeared to be rehearsed in her responses. She was not very friendly-although efficient in her duties. She lacked personality. All other staff was very friendly. The inconvenience of the gentlemen doing the tile work and the dirt and debri in the hallway. The noise they created was a nuisance, during evening hours, when I attempted to get some rest.

The cleanliness of my room and the free breakfast. Most of the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Oasis by the airport.

Free shuttle service to and from airport and metro stop were outstanding. Bed was extra comfy. Will definitely return. Breakfast was good. Great value for the price.

not expansive, close to airport

a bit low maintenance.

not expansive, close to airport

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Miserable

Poor quality hotel

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The bed was very comfortable.

I would like to have a mini refrigerator.

The bed was very comfortable. Accommodations with the washer and dryer were convenient.

I used the shuttles to get everywhere

I LOVED the shuttles between the important areas like the airport and the metro stop to go into Washington. That was the best value for the stay.

one night stay, pretty clean and full size cozybed

one night stay, pretty clean and full size cozybed

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great location for Dulles
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The facilities could be more fresh there was slight smell due to lack of either cleaning or fresh air.

Location and staff was very helpful.

Pleasant
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

As soon as breakfast was provided it was quickly over!

Location & convenient places to eat in the surrounding area! Free parking & breakfast.

Decent except for price discrepancy

The price was different than quoted to me

Easy reservation

Met all needs and near the airport

Water in rooms

Met all needs and near the airport

more options in brekfast

more options in brekfast

I like that next to Comfort Inn is a shipping plaza.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I like that next to Comfort Inn is a shipping plaza. That was very convenient for us.

Good

Good

Rooms was inviting clean and very well represented.

Rooms was inviting clean and very well represented.

Staff, proximity to airport, allowed a later checkout.

Somewhat dated.

Staff, proximity to airport, allowed a later checkout.

Good breakfast.

Good breakfast.

The shuttle service is wonderful.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle service is wonderful.

comfortable room and proximity to Dulles International...

comfortable room and proximity to Dulles International Airport, convenient shuttle