Reviews of Red Roof Inn Clearwater Airport 3 stars

3580 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33762, USA

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They charged me for the day that I checked out they charge my credit card for that night that I wasn't there I'm currently fighting for it they hung up on me when I confronted

Do not give them your credit card number because they will run your card up you can if you're not there

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very rude they also took an extra day off my credit card for $79 and charged me when I wasn't there and then told me it didn't go through when the bank statement states that they took 72 dollars out so they robbed me don't give them your credit card number and when I called to confront them about it they hung up on me

The room was comfortable

Rooms are not clean rooms are destroyed this is not a vacation Hotel this is more like a motel for people to stay when they don't have a house do not expect clean rooms

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Quoted our room for $145 for the trip, arrive and manager says he is giving us his best room at discount. Turns out we got pretty much the same room I booked but for $200 so ended up payIn more for the same room we quoted.

It had a pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first bed was hard and the springs were broken in the second bed. The toilet seat was damaged with black marks and scratches. The tiles were falling off in the shower.

The staff were very hospitable and responsive to my problems. Reasonable price for a quick stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The morning breakfast could have been a little later than 9am and maybe had a few more things then just juice, yogurt and muffins but i can't say much cause at least they offer something.

The one this i really did not expect was when i got here around 12 midnight. When i got to my room the TV would not work. When i called front desk they actually said "we will send someone right up to help." I really liked that.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Got in from work late into the night and different clusters of people were hanging out in the parking lot.

Stayed on the top floor, across from the elevator & the room was quiet & comfortable.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Hall rug smelled. Furniture run down. Pool area not clean. Had to leave at 5 am, breakfast not available until 6. Heard loud talking at night.

Bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They need mini fridges. when you bring food. Had to throw away any uneaten food. Mop the floors in the room as well. When you pay $67 a night. I guess you expect certain things not to be top notch.

The Danish at breakfast. The pool was that cold. Decent line up of tv channels

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They promised breakfast but only had yogurt a few pastries and juice. A lot of little things broke down including faucet in shower.

Beds were clean, no bed bugs. Staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything will not go to a red roof inn again I'm a member please remove me from your list

Nothing the most nasty place I have ever seen and I'm not talking about when you come in the rooms and the bads terrible check out 154 the one they put me in beds seems like they got them out of the trash

• Deluxe Double Room

The rooms were supposed to be non-smoking, but as soon as we opened the door it smelled of stale cigarettes. Very strong. So much so, we had to wash everything we brought home, even the clean clothes because everything smelled of smoke. Room was not very clean. We took a towel to dry the floor after the kids walked in from the pool, and the towel was disgustingly dirty. Bugs in the sink. Housekeeping only made one bed when they tidied the room, the other bed still had the blankets on the floor.

I liked the courtyard feel to the pool area. The coffee available all day was nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a one night stay for me so that I would be close to the airport for an early flight. The call I requested was on time and the taxi showed up five minutes early. Couldn't ask for more than that.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On the weekends the hotel smells strongly of weed. At $200 fine for smoking in rooms this hotel should be making bank I’m just saying...

Pool was great rooms clean surrounding area of hotel clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No one even spoke to us, never a gm or hello.. I have stayed in a lot of places in Florida..and..this was the worst. Broken desk in the room, no chairs, pictures posted to look at are NOT the way it looks,uncomfortable,NO breakfast.. I mean a muffin or half a Danish? No bagels..or toast..

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was nice. The proximity to the airport was great. The shuttle service and early call were great. The noise level was bad. Kids and dogs barking was too much. Keep a wing for adults only and a wing for families and dogs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First night there, while we were sleeping someone came into our room and went through our stuff, when they left the lock was between the door preventing it to shut all the way.

Hotel property itself was nice.

• Premium King Suite Balcony - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms need renovating. The price is way to high for the quality of the rooms. The back entrance lock is broken. The hotel just needs a facelift. It is way too rundown for what they charge.

Only one large room available but it was way too expensive.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Woke up in middle of night to about a 2" inch long cockroach crawling on my bedspread.

Absolutely nothing. Was lied to by the staff from the time I pulled in the driveway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had extreme mildew in the tub. The sink was stopped up the whole night. Dressers was broken, beds felt like rocks

The front desk agent was nice enough to come clean the tub out

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The lobby smelled like smoke and the furniture in the room was scratched and very old. The room also smelled too much like antiseptic cleaning products.

The bed was OK but I didn't sleep. Our family was here because my husband was in ICU at a nearby hospital.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Went to use the microwave in the lobby area, and there was a baby roach crawling around in there.

The location, it was close to different places to eat.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was mold in the shower walls, breakfast was a joke no decaf coffee ( instant ) no milk (powder) people smoking at the doors that you had walk through. I told them about the mold .nobody cleaned it, even though the room was not made up yet.(5:45 p.m.)

Not much, the place was disgusting

• Premium King Suite Balcony - Non-Smoking

The room that I reserved was suppose to have a balcony. Well it had a balcony, but you couldn’t see anything over the balcony but a wall. So I was a little disappointed. And then in the hallway there was a funky smell. Not satisfied at all!

The staff was awesome!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

WELL -I could write a book on how super cheap this property is run.every potential cost cutting maneuver has been and is in place. some people just do not know better. nothing...I repeat nothing was right. even the free computers were semi broken.

location a good thing. this is a cheaply furnuished red roof.junk furnishings. scatter brain cable tv. poor shower and cruddy tile grout in shower. towels like sandpaper . dogs barking. yet pets every where in hotel.never hadf the supplied breakfast. was gottom of food chain per quality. cheap cheap operations. new staff at desk and so so house keeping.lotsa hot water.parking after 9pm in back back-not good. will not stay here again. no bugs no mice. decent pool but....heater broken and crud on bottom. overall rating suggestion-GO ELSEWHERE. FOR SAME $ AND GET MUCH BETTER BRAND PROPERTY.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our beds(both) were awful. When you sat on the edge they made the worst crackling noise. Trying to sleep was so noisy we bit considered sitting up. I think it may have been hard plastic mattress covers or failing mattress spring or cracking wood Turning over made so much noise we could not sleep. I do think both beds need replacing.

Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was a bit old and shabby. Bathroom had paint and tile missing, bed was lumpy, carpets looked dirty in hallway. Couple bugs in tub. Back hallway door was propped open with a rock and side hallway door was unlocked for all the times I used it.

This hotel was super close to st Pete airport and was booked for that reason. The room was large, staff accommodating since I requested a room change. The pool area was nice. I had read many reviews and knew what to expect from this hotel.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

They had cancelled my booking and the staff was kind enough to not turn me away but to give the night anyway and help me for the same price and same booking.

• Superior King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

One of the staff memebers was very rude to us the entire stay, House keeping didn’t make our bed, they simply left the sheets at the foot of the bed with the towels.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had reserved a room with handicap bathroom. When I got to my room, I discovered that the bathroom was not for handicap. I was told that they had been all filled up. As a result, since I use a walker, I was not able to use the shower.

Price was economical

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I understand it’s a pet friendly facility & for that I commend you. But the musty pet smell in room 151 was terrible! From the second you walked it smelled like wet dog. The shower was crusty & peeling on the walls, the towels were way too small & felt rough like sandpaper. The bed was a great size... BUT that mattress OMG the worst & hardest most uncomfortable I’ve ever slept on! You can feel the springs poking your back... 2 days later I’m still sore AF!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was in room 332 and it really should be taken out of commission for a remodel. There were large section of the tub surround missing and caulked over. Both mattresses were soft and sagging. The bed frames creaked and rattled audibly. I also was unable to make the housekeeper understand that I needed towels, etc. Eventually, I just made a trip to the front desk to get them myself.

The front desk staff was incredible! It was pet-friendly but so quiet and so clean one would never know.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't realize the hotel was COMPLETELY pet friendly and had requested a "No Pets" room. At check-in, staff noted my request and assigned a room he said rarely gets pets.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I asked the evening clerk if someone could mop the elevator floor which was sticky and filthy. By the next morning it was the still the same. There was a long female hair hanging out of one of our clean towels. Their continental breakfast was very basic. Despite those issues, it was fine.

It's by the airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Whole facility needs paint and updating. Bathtub chipped, could not close the drain to take a bath, clock/radio not working.

Bed was clean and comfortable, so was the only thing we really liked.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Continental breakfast could have been better. There were packaged baked goods like you get at a convenience store.

The rooms were nice. Good value for the price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had a strong chemical smell from the cleaning supplies. The breakfast was hardly there and the coffee was not available for long periods of time. And the food was tiny packets of danishes

The front desk was amazing. I had a problem getting my key card to work and one of the staff from the desk went upstairs and assisted me to get in my room. Very very nice!! I felt safe.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were horrible we borrowed a air mattress for 3. Nights. Beds were so bad my husbands back was really sore. Also cards did not work on door what a pain that was. Don't think we will ever stay at a red roof inn. Experience was bad

Staff was nice

• Superior King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Shower tiles cracked, molding all chipped, towels scratchy, air conditioner noisy nd mold under the sink.

Pictures online were much better than the actual hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Excellent value and accomodations. This hotel operates like a 4 star hotel. Staff is very professional, and the owner, Joseph, was particularly interested in our stay and comfort - going so far as to make us feel more than welcome and highly valued. Our little Yorkie had a blast and we relaxed with him knowing that the place was extremely clean and safe. It's hard to find hotels like this. I would recommend this establishment to anyone and if you have a pet, you'll be more than happy and content.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lock didnt work to the outside door that was closest to my room, which meant that I had to park elswhere to get in and walk a longer distance to my room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we first arrived, our booking was coming up as cancelled and showing no reservations. For some reason it used my first name and other guests last name for the reservations, luckily I found my info. Also, our first room had an extremely loud and obnoxious A.C. unit..our first room had a microwave which I thought we also had a fridge, but there wasn't one...when maintenance relocated us due to the a.c. they asked if we would like one or a microwave at the chance of choice that it seemed to be offered we choose a refrigerator, to which we were shortly told since the previous room didn't have it we wouldn't be able to, but then never were offered the microwave in replacement and we had leftovers that we would have been benefited from having it.

The beds were very comfortable.

They were paving the parking which was great for appearances but an inconvenience for guests. I had to park on the grass one day. Instead of half the parking lot, perhaps one third.

Very nice staff. Clean, comfortable and good value. Good service by housekeeping. Would definitely stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Poolside - Non-Smoking

The manager greeted me at the desk and was great. The room was clean, but obviously old. I was a little concerned when I first got to my room because the sliding glass door was off its track and wouldn’t close. I brought it up with management and they sent maintenance to it immediately and I didn’t have any other issues. Definitely a great hotel for the value!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Although the rooms are supposed to all be non-smoking, there are smoking and non-smoking signs on the doors and extremely strong smoke odor inside. Carpets should be replaced and drapes cleaned or replaced. Repairs need to be made or redone in a professional manor. Dark paint and decor add to the impression that old and rundown are being covered up.

It was centrally located.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were dirty, toilets didnt flush, the bed was really low and caved in, there was tape haniging from the ceiling and the bathroom was disgusting.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to move my room because of roaches second room had even more. Front desk wasn’t even phased by my request. Said had to move a lot of people for that reason.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Their sign does not work, which means that no one would be able to find it at night.

I like how attentive the staff was and how they were able to accommodate me.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bedspread was stained on top. I question whether they were changed or not. One bed had a huge sag in it. Bathroom door had paint scrapes and chips. Drapes did not close properly at top.

Front desk attendant was very personable and helpful. Called after check in to confirm taxi pick up to airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The ONLY thing that I was displeased with about this property is the fact that it is not an extended stay motel so we couldn’t stay longer than 7 days. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us. The staff was extremely friendly. We have been staying in motels for about 5 months now trying to find a home so we have stayed at a total of 8 motels and this will be the ONLY one I will EVER stay at again in this area. Rodeway Inn, Bayside Inn, LaQuinta Inn, Magnuson hotel, Tampa Bay Extended Stay, InTowne Suites, Extended Stay America we’re all very disappointing in one way or another. You will not be disappointed when you stay at Red Roof Inn Clearwater Airport. Ask for Sean and book straight with the property instead of a booking site you will get a better deal because they won’t have to pay comission. I absolutely can not recommend this property enough.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I don't want to see a toilet plunger on the bathroom floor. Hotel does try to cover furniture and tiles with paint.

Across the street from. PIE St Pete airport. Liked no carpet

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It had a smell there were roaches the bed was hard we both are seeing a doctor back problems not the best birthday stay

The young lady Michelle was excellent and it was around everything

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room not as clean as usual,not vacuumed at all!the tub not thoroughly sanitized,sheets wrinkled,looked dingy

Front desk staff as always(Michelle,Lance) always kind,smile and accommodating,they are best asset of your , Hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms very dirty & beds very very poor rooms need to be remodeled. I won't be recommending RRI to my friends & family. Cleaning staff needs to be trained better. We had a tooth brush on the bathroom floor that was never picked up the whole time we were there. Towels were missing. A/C very noisy. Broken lamps. Carpeting never vacuumed need I say more.

Front desk staff very helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Heard staff(security) telling a guest that they were investigating a car break in. A lot of displaced hurricane folks there...maybe a few hood rats?

Decent clean and comfortable room. No mini fridge. Free WiFi and pet friendly. Kind of a no frills experience but good budget friendly place.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was the same thing every day and no protein. Hardboiled eggs would be a nice addition.

The bed was very comfortable, view was good, even though it was near the airport we only heard planes once in awhile. 3 restaurants within walking distance - Mama Mia's was very good, Taco Bell and McDonalds. Breakfast was ok. Pool was closed 2 times due to kids throwing up in it. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff wasn't welcoming. Room didn't match descriptions found online. Shower pressure was horrible.

The bed was nice ... but that's about it.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Had to park way out back and walk to front to enter. No back or side entrance after 9pm. I have a disabilty and made it hard to walk that far with luggage.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The view from the rooms in the back of the hotel isn't that great and there were guests laundering in the hallways at night. Also, unrelated but someone got arrested outside of the hotel and that's not a good look.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi was awful and the A/C didn't quit work. Had it set in 60° but was still hot in the room.

King size bed was comfortable. Loved the hardwood floor. Had a nice view. Parking was easy. Staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reserved two rooms on Booking.com. Called the hotel and asked if the rooms could be situated next to each other. Was told that my request was put in, but when we arrived I was told the rooms were on different floors, which I can understand if that is what was available, but there was no request put in the system. The room I stayed in was in poor condition. The shower tiles were painted over and peeling. The drawers in the dresser we all out of track. The second night I unfortunately had to murder a roach on the nightstand who did not chip in on the room. I wasn't concerned about not having a mini-fridge, coffee maker or desk until I went to the other room the next morning and found that there was one of each in there. Same rate, same booking date but completely different rooms. The bathroom and shower looked fine and the room looked overall better. More of what I expected, and my expectations overall were not high for this particular stay.

Staff was decent. One of the two rooms that were booked met basic expectations.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C did not perform well. It did not get cold enough.. Also room service came at 2:15 when we had just gotten back in the room after being out all morning. Bad timing.

Room was very nice for price range. Comfortable beds. Clean. The inside corridor was the determining factor. Breakfast was adequate but didn't include cereal or bagels or toast. Generally good value for price.

• Superior King Room - Poolside - Non-Smoking

Well when we checked in we were given a room that was not even finished being cleaned house keeping was still in the room. The sheet the flat sheet was dirty. The manger gave us a coupon for and appetizer from the restaurant next store a 13.00 dollar value. Are second night there the ceiling in the room leaked from it storming so hard and we where in the first floor. The tub train was not working correctly si when you took a shower the tub filled with water. What the called a free breakfast I would nit even think of eating. The cabinet was absolutely gross. The yogurt was out if date and sitting in water. I think you get the pictures. The hotel smelled of mildew. Our last day there the power to the entire hotel went out and the attitude if management was nit very nice. I will not be ever staying there again Ih and s roach crawled across our bed.

Not much of anything

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The wall in our room was rotting and the floor by the window was soaking wet. The room was musty smelling and the beds very uncomfortable and squeaky.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very old property that seems up kept cosmetically. The staff was great, however my room had a water leak, carpeting was wet and smelled horrible. I ended up checking out early and the staff understood and as a courtesy refunded half a days rate.

Location was perfect.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

My fiancé and I liked nothing on the property. We booked Friday and checked out Sunday. We book here because the pictures made it look nice but upon arrival the place is a dump. Pool is all trashed with broken ladder,looking dirty, blood smeared on the wall in our room, whole hotel smelled like smoke, piss. Toilet barely worked at all.

absolutely nothing

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There are no handicapped considerations. The dresser didn't work well and was unstable.

The bed was great. The man at the front desk was awesome. Coffee was really good. I loved the pool.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was great. At check in the clerk reviewed all the possible rates we were eligible for (AAA, Senior, etc.) Our rate through Booking.com was the best rate. Being a first time user of Booking.com I was happy to know that. Facility was very clean, comfortable, and friendly staff. They now serve a complimentary, continental breakfast. This was an overnight stay for us before an early morning flight. We arrived late, so was not able to enjoy the pool which looked great. Wish I had more time to enjoy the facility. Will definitely stay again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I could not sleep on your bed they where so hard ....the roos where clean but the hall way carpets where nasty...and even dough I appreciate the breakfast it's best use your money in to that then a Continental breakfast that has old moffins

Por el precio talvez este bien, pero la habitacion no tenia nevera y eso es muy importante, asemas quenlas sabanas olian a sudor como sucias.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have liked a microwave and mini refrigerator in the room.

The facilities were clean, staff was always very accommodating . The location was great with walking distance to restaurants , fast food , gas station etc.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was not real clean. Not sure the shower was cleaned before I used it. The corners on the floor were dirty.

The beds were very comfy. The room was ok size. Lance the young man at the deck was very nice and helpful. The restaurant next door was very good. The pool looked nice but we never used it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Poolside - Non-Smoking

place was very dirty...

place was nansty dirty loud people hanging out in office area being all loud like it was the hood....rooms were small dirty pool area was not clean nor nice checked out same day ,I couldn't stay there with my family....not at all

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room we stayed in would not get cool. The bathroom was not clean. There was a chair in the room that shouldn't of been in there due to the size of the room. Not only should it not be there but it looks like it should of been put in the dumpster. It has stains on the arm and the seat and was afraid to sit in it.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I checked in around 9pm but i guess the person who checked me in didn't do it properly so when the person from the next shift came in later that night they marked me as a "NO SHOW" && my card was charged a 2nd time for over 200 and it took a couple business days to receive my refund for a mistake on their part! My room keys barely worked. Actually had to get another set becuz the ones i had stopped working completely!

Very Quiet!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My reservations was not fulfilled, the rooms have bugs in them, the outside doors will not work, we had to walk around the building, the elevator was out of order,one of the rooms air conditioners did not work another room smell like musk or onions. I found a bed bug on the bed.The iron burned a whole in my shirt.

I didn't like too much about this property.