Reviews of Best Western Plus O'hare International South Hotel 3 stars

3001 North Mannheim Road, Franklin Park, IL 60131, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Franklin Park

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Morning lady staff she charged 5 dollars for early check in I was there around 2.30 pm normal check in time was 3 pm I don't feel good on her attitude not a good welcoming..But evening staff that guy was awesome he was awesome very helpful nice character...

Kfc near by

Yogurt machine was out at breakfast.

Excellent time in every way. Friendly and very helpful staff. Receptionist gave me road directions to I-294, breakfast had a wide range of food and was even open later than the 9AM closing time. Free shuttle to ORD airport which is only a few minutes away.

Above bus does not operate late on weekends, last bus from O'Hare is 7pm. (workdays quarter past 11pm).

good connection to public bus service (PACE 330) from and to the airport, and from there to Blue Line all the way to downtown.

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn’t really like the location, but since we were driving into Chicago every day, it fit our needs. I would have preferred something closer to Chicago with the same rates and amenities. I didn’t appreciate one of the front desk managers. Communication was spotty and passive/aggressive. Do not expect to be catered here. You’re on your own unless they have the time and staff to help, which was made clear.

I liked that the room was clean. Nothing fancy, but nice.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

It didn’t meet the expectations of past Best westerns that I’ve stayed at. The elevator was not the cleanest and parts of the carpet in the room was stained and torn. Not a lot of parking.

We were able to get room with Jacuzzi tub.

Much of the parking lot still had several inches of snow from the night before when I arrived for check in at 6 pm.

Very nice for the price. Comfortable beds and wide selection of breakfast items, hot and cold, for the free breakfast.

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The shuttle bus driver was nice and so as the front desk staff. The room was good and clean, and it ws nice to have a rest after a long journey flight.

O

The hotel was clean and tidy, the breakfast was good but the staff went out their way to help with arranging a lift to a local restaurant and bring me back.

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Road noise Location a long way from anything to walk to

Stayed here 2 nights whilst holidaying from Australia. We arrived by car, there was plenty of room to park Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was nice, the bed was comfortable, it had a fridge and microwave. There was some street noise you could here in your room, being on a major road. There was nothing really close by, but we had a car so were able to drive to shops. We drove to the nearby train station and parked the car for the day (very cheap – only $1.50 all day, with plenty of spots) and went into Chicago city area by train to go sightseeing for the day. Breakfast wasn’t outstanding but ok, a selection of hot and cold foods. Location was close to the airport. We were flying out to Canada early when we left, so this was one of the reasons for choosing to stay here.

The bathroom tub wasn't clean because it felt slimy when l got in which let's me know it needed more cleaning and the toilet seat needed to be clean.so the ONLY problem was the bathroom and l cleaned it myself.

How friendly and helpful the staff was.

The shuttle took 1 hour and 50 minutes to pick it us from the airport to the hotel. And they wanted to charge us an extra fee of $10. The room was smaller than they advertise. The building is very old and smells like mold.

at airport no desk to call for shuttle. shuttles best western came and the driver told us to call the hotel to send shuttle. did not have a phone on me. ask to use a friends phone all n all get to hotel 1 hour later.

the checking was good, but the check out was bad I always made reservation with booking and always the check out be around 2 or 3 pm the women who's make the check out was bad cause she said after 10 min you will charged for one day it was difficult to us because she did not accept to give us a time other thing we did not found our Vacuum flasks no sleepers the reservation was for 3 person only 2 beds no additional matters only cover

it's clean and comfortable coffee machine hair drayer iron the women in checkin was good

Front desk attendant arranged a shuttle ride from my rental car drop-off to the hotel, and ordered a cab to the airport for the next morning, free of charge. Thank you!

Our room was street side and could hear the Trucks going by early in the morning

Staff was very nice and helpful. Shuttles available every hour to airport. Assortment of breakfast items in the morning.

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No one let me know the pool was not in service! It was the ONLY reason i chose this hotel. The Air Conditioner was off for most of the building ans we had to keep ours in our room on high all night. We stayed there for a wedding that we took an Uber to and I must say walking down a humid hallway right when you get out of your room is very uncomfortable.

The room was nice and clean

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The price is way too high for this level of accommodation at an airport hotel. The quality was not high enough to justify the relatively high price.

The staff was helpful and the room was clean, bed comfortable.

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Only thing, it would be nice if breakfast went until 10am, I am from West coast and the time difference made it tough. 9am in Chicago is 7am in Nevada

Went for Freshman orientation at Dominican University the location of hotel was perfect

the road noise from being on a busy road was a little annoying

friendly staff, free drinks upon arrival, fast arrival from airport, big breakfast, fridge in room

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

From the moment we checked in, until we checked out (early btw) we had trouble with staff members. Our personal infomation was all mixed up. They blame "Booking.com" both clerks rudely explained. What really upset us was being locked out of our room & dirty towels hanging in the room. After payment was already taken at checkin. The was "Pool is not available". I wish I had something nice to say for this was our fisrt experience staying at Best Western.Total nightmare. I will never return, nor will I recommend this business to a family member or friend.Save your money do not waste it like we did. Find another hotel.

The room was a great size.

Upon check in , I was told because I booked through a 3rd party my room wasn't paid for and my reservation was cancelled. I was instructed to call booking.com which no one could be reached at that time (12 midnight). Later she told me that they found a room( the last one ) and charged me extra. Because it was only a few dollars more ( $7.00) and I was sleepy, I didn't fight the issue. That clerks name was Cherry.

The room was clean and comfortable.

We were told ahead of time that breakfast is from 6:30 to 9:00 am, but for whatever reason I didn't expect they'll cut everything off right at 9 am (most of the hotels I have stayed serve until 10 am). So, when I showed up at 9:05, I asked whether they could hold off, but they didn't care (breakfast personnel supposedly didn't understand English, and I asked myself whether that's intentional). My colleague, arrived at 9:10, was able to ask the front desk whether he could still have at least some cereal, which he got. I then asked whether they could give me a cup of waffle mix, but they said no (though the iron was still on). Likewise, we had a 3 pm flight, so when we asked for the airport shuttle for 12:30 pm, we were told that the last airport shuttle would run at 10:30 am. My colleague was able to persuade them to make an exception for us, so we got a shuttle at 12:30 (so we didn't have to hang out at the airport for so long), but I was really bothered by the feeling that what we were asking for was such a burden to them. In short, you get what you paid for, nothing more, and you get the feeling they just can't care less how you liked the stay.

Reasonable rate, reasonably clean, and close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Road was very busy all day and night which made it a struggle to get a good sleep due to the noise. Hotel pool was out of use.

Room was nice and clean. Breakfast was basic. Staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

manager was rude - hostility not hospitality, after 17 hours of my driving I was asked for to pay extra fee for check in 75 minutes before 3:00 pm, hidden fees and open arrogance - if you didn't know... you are cooked; employees were very kind;

breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The staff was the best part of all, very kind and accommodating - allowed us early check-in even though they absolutely didn't have to. It's always nice when a staff lets you get some much needed sleep before a busy night!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Close to the airport. Shuttle picked us up from the airport. Very friendly staff. Room was clean and didn't smell. Nicer than we expected. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The telephone in the room didn't work.

Airport shuttle at 5:30 am, complete hot breakfast at 5 am, friendly daytime receptionist and driver, convenient location.

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff was excellent, we had an extremely early flight next morning and staff made sure to have breakfast out early just for us. Everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and accommodating. Great value and nicely decorated. We will always use this property anytime we fly out if O'Hare

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Bed way too hard, I hated that there were gap spaces between the door and you were able to hear everything in the hallway, window instillation poor.

Super friendly staff, clean rooms, great price

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff wasn't very friendly. Like at all. Check in was very awkward. I advised them my rooms telephone wasn't working, front desk advised they would come replace. No one came to replace it within the two days I stayed.

It was veeery clean and super comfortable. I had a King Suite.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

The front desk staff is so very nice and welcoming - not in a fake or overbearing way - just very nice! The room and breakfast area was very clean and rooms were updated. Towels were nice and soft. Nice variety for breakfast and you are even able to ask the front desk for a complementary bottle of water 'to go'. Something that couldn't be helped was the traffic noise on Manheim Road right outside my room window - I've heard worse, so it wasn't too bad.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Jesus and Tony were amazing, my flight was really late, Jesus made sure I was picked up and Tony was very pleasant a driver. The bed was very comfortable and the bath was clean. Got a hot shower and a few hours sleep before needed to head off.

No complaints

Check in was excellent! What a wonderful way to arrive after a long drive! Beds were comfy, and the breakfast was great! Also loved that there was a fridge and microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

This is an excellent Hotel. The staff and Facilities you're absolutely perfect. There are very few hotels that I stayed in at the price (or more) that can compare.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The property was great. Just wish there was more to do closer to the hotel.

Everything was very clean. I'm a bit phobic about bugs and there weren't any!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Breakfast start later and last longer, maybe until 10AM especially on a weekend. Pay for shuttle to train station (air port) other than when checked out to travel.

Checkin was friendly & quick. Room was clean, fresh and the bathroom was clean with nice fluffy white towels. Breakfast was good w/a wide variety of choices!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

The sliding closet doors need some maintenance to them, but it didn't hamper my stay there.

The room was "clean" and the Beds were as comfortable as mine at home. Would recommend to a Friend and most likely would stay here again

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Distance from downtown.

Upon arrival, I was a little upset about how our stay was going to go. It was my husband and I's anniversary. On booking.com, our room photos showed a king bed with a whirlpool tub. When I called to confirm my reservation, Art, the front desk guy, let us know that we just had a regular room. I showed him my reservation and the picture that booking.com displayed, which was the same picture that was displayed on a different room that said " King Spa tub suite" and he told me he could see how it could be misleading. So since it was our anniversary he went ahead and upgraded Us free of charge! Saved us 70 extra bucks. The room was big and spacious and the whirlpool tub was awesome.thanks again Art.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

We did not like coming back to the hotel after spending our day site seeing and the floor we were staying on smelling like marijuana. We had our children with us. It was very disappointing.

Overall, hotel was nice. Friendly staff, nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Small ants in our room but otherwise very clean. Far from downtown so not great if your child needs a nap because you can't really go back to the hotel for an hour to sleep.

Friendly staff, good location if you are looking to stay around there airport.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Carpets in the common area's were a bit dirty looking. Not much around if you need food and have no car.

Jesus at the front desk was great! Van service was good to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Being charged $10 for checking in 20 minutes before 3 o'clock is out rages! Not pick me up at 12 o'clock at night at the airport when they have 24 seven service also only running on the half hour of every hour or I want to go to the airport at five had a leave at 4:30 AM. They also want me to pay $10 for free shuttle service. They told me I should've set it up with the person before I left but why would I have not knowing that there would be any kind of a problem getting picked up back at the airport.

Everything was just renovated

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

About 6-7 km from Metro (parking at $5), and the trip takes almost 1 hour to Chicago Loop. Hotel conveninet for who needs the airport next door, but not for exploring downtown.

Very confortable bed, spacious room, wifi and breaksfast included. Fridge in the room.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

I would never go back to this hotel. Me and My boyfriend went to the hotel to have a place to sleep. We was unable to sleep because we found blood over the bed like it was there from the other guest who checked-in before us. The person at the front desk didn't want to do nothing about and ask we had to wait into the morning for the manager to come in. So the next day we went back to the front desk & the manager still wasn't there. The lady at the desk had us wait why she call her on the phone just to tell us we can't get are money back. I never seen a hotel like this and will never go back. Even the tub was dirty I can't even wash up in the tub I was so scared after I seen the blood .

I didn't like nothing

Breakfast. Supposedly hot items were cold

Can't think of a thing.

Wonderful hot breakfast with plenty of choices, and the staff and shuttle drivers are so friendly and helpful.

No problems

Was close to the airport and our rental truck the next morning. Got a good nights rest.

No pool

The bed was not comfortable for me and the breakfast was not as good

The staff

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Room wasnt that clean. Bathroom floor has dried spots that looked like blood. Washcloth had little hairs on it

Bed was comfortable

Sin comentarios

La cama super cómoda y en general todo excelente

Pool under construction( Not posted on booking!) It was important for me Nothing special in this hotel

Simple hotel

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The hot tub in my room the stopper would not go in I called the front desk and it took maintenance almost 45 mins to go get tools to fix it

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The morning staff was rude & very uncooperative the cleanliness of the room

The room was nice

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff. Went above and beyond for us to be comfortable and even helped on with our transportation. Great team!

Something cause itching on our body really bad make us feel completely uncomfortable like little red spot all over

Almost everthing

The elevator is extremely slow.

Everything was nice.

I really can't complain because everything was nice.

Staff was great and the property was clean.

The property looks a bit old. Otherwise, all was well with the stay.

There was a free airport shuttle that the hotel never informed me about

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

The tub was dirty.

The staff was very nice.

only stayed overnight

Convenient for early airport ride and shuttle.

Very quiet nice place

rooms too dark and old, with dust in some corners. towels also were not quite clean...

wifi worked well, breakfast with good variety rooms are wide

Rooms were clean and well kept up. While the neighborhood may appear rougher/industrial, the neighborhood behind the hotel seems safe.

The bed was really comfy & I had a great night sleep. Staff were very friendly and I had a great stay.

Loud traffic heard from our room. Breakfast area too small and crowded.

Cleanliness

Very friendly staff very Clean had a great stay

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The room was very clean, and the airport shuttle is really convenient.

Breakfast sched is too early. No swimming pool. Wish you have one. ☺

Quiet

Staff and bed and cleanlinesd

A little noisy