Reviews of Laguna Hills Inn by Irvine Spectrum 3 stars

23061 Avenida De La Carlota, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, USA

#4 of 4 hotels in Laguna Hills

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

it was a good break from my travel and the location was great

everything could have been brought up one notch and this would have been good. the hotel was full and it would gain more status if they upped their everything

the ad notes a breakfast which what was served was not a breakfast. The breakfast was prefab and tasted that way. if you offer a breakfast then it should be just that.

Expensive for lower end facility.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Expensive for lower end facility. Shower did not function well and toilet kept running. Bed was not very comfortable and other guests were banging and yelling late at night

Overall decent but bad mattress a deal breaker
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Main issue - bed was dirty and very uncomfortable, tossed and turned all night. Complimentary breakfast was not great, eggs were three inch round frisbees and sausage was extremely greasy. We didn't eat it. No decaf in the room or in the kitchen.

Overall bathroom and bedroom were clean. Pool area was clean and nice. Staff was great. Helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The pics were better than the actual place.

Old

The pics were better than the actual place. I guess that is true in everything. Kind of old. Thin walls. The place needs updating even though its in a good area. You are safe there Im sure.

Enjoy their breakfast in the morning.

Really not much that I can dislike about this place. If I had to select one thing. Maybe extend the hours of pool time to 10 p.m. Oh! More towels.

Enjoy their breakfast in the morning. Staff is extremely nice. They allowed us and others to get breakfast after 9 a.m. room was cozy..

Didn't get the rooms we reserved
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We booked this hotel for the Celebrate Recovery West Coast Summit in 2018. We had a group of four ladies attending so booked two queen bed rooms. We were provided with two rooms each with one double bed and a pull out sofa bed. The hotel explained they do not have queen sized beds. But looking at their website it states they have 2 queen bed rooms..? One of the ladies who attended with us stated every morning there was a rat outside of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Person at desk was nice but was maybe too friendly with...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

It is a rundown motel. Expecting a charming hotel and got an old kinda shady motel. Paid extra for balcony. It was dirty, with no particular view other than the freeway and an old plastic chair. Not at all what was described.

Person at desk was nice but was maybe too friendly with “regulars” at desk.

The staff was friendly and they discounted my room because...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

The bed spreads were stained and sheets had burn holes. The pictures are very deceiving. It’s really on the level of a motel 6.

The staff was friendly and they discounted my room because the remote didn’t work.

My guest from the other room had issues with their fridge...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

My guest on the other room had stains on their beds.

My guest from the other room had issues with their fridge and it was changed with anotger one my maintenance. Very kind people.

Had a great stay, great time!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi, water was not even warm.

It is a great location, quiet away from all the crowds and yet close to everything... food, beaches, shopping etc...

location was good but this hotel is outdated and not clean!

sheets weren't as clean esp the decorative sheet by the foot it had stains and the curtains smelled like smoke. Carpet was musty. There was hardly any soap! Beds were uncomforatble. Breakfast sucks! Eggs had no taste! Toaster was broken and the guy at the counter didn't help us he was busy counting money and dismissed our complaint!

just the location!

Awful

You can tell the repairs on the room was just patched, room had a funky smell, and amenities where really awful. Plus ended up with with an insect bite and my ear is swollen.

Don’t know if it was just me being tired or the bed was comfy. But unfortunately didn’t meet what I was looking for.

bad experience.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the shower was a torcher chamber. water would turn hot and cold. our room was not the only one. they changed the rate and their excuse was you had room with 2 bed that is the way booking.com send the reservation. it is being advertised as comfort inn for sure it is not comfortable. the beds need to be change air condition is noisy. the room is OK. if you need some peace for few days this is not your cup of tea.

it was there

The room size, clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loud guest, same person more that 3 times, screaming, also, I went to book, they say free cancellation, 20 min later I go to cancel and they said I couldn’t do it! That’s a reason I will not likely go back!

The room size, clean

Disgusting, Hair in the bed and stains everywhere.

The cleanliness

The first room that we checked into was absolutely disgusting, there was hair inside the bed, on the pillows and a certain crusty residue under the pillows. We then asked for another room and the same situation occured. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Don't let the name or pictures of this run down motel fool you. Spend the extra $50 and go somewhere else that is guaranteed nice.

When we arrived one of the bed covers was covered in stains.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

When we arrived one of the bed covers was covered in stains. Really put a damper on our first impressions and made me feel the place wasn’t very clean even though the rest of the Pom was clean.

It was fine, no complaints.

Price.

It was quieter than I expected. The staff was very cordial and helpful. Given the age of the building, a facelift would help justify the price.

When I told the attendant I didn’t feel safe in my room...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was run down, out of date, breakfast was low quality. Elevator felt “wonky”... it’s inspection was expired in 2012! I wouldn’t come back as a business traveler.

When I told the attendant I didn’t feel safe in my room (doors are outside, with windows, anyone can walk right up to them from the street, and door lock was broken) she gave me an upgrade room that didn’t have street access to my window).

Reasonable priced, felt safe, close to activities
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was kinda bare... I mean it was continental so I guess that's average; No breakfast meats; cereal, eggs, danish, coffee, and juice. Hotel is okay, clean and staff was nice, just felt a bit older; The plus's are CLOSE TO A LOT OF STUFF TO DO! Beaches, shopping, walking distance to restaurants (fastfood).

good location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The coffee pot was very old and it leaked out 2 days when turned on, and the coffee was so weak it looked like weak black tea, and only one of 4 days gave regular coffee. The shower was difficult to turn on and while you were showering it changed temperatures in the extremes. The linens were very mixed, no washcloths, no bath floor mat, different sized including threadbare hand towels. The shampoo was terrible, and soap was very hard on my skin. Breakfast was so horrible, I only went once. There was a blood stain in the middle of the bedspread.

I liked the Wifi, the mattress, and the TV.

Clean. But disappointed. Nothing like te picture wgatd
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool/ jacuzzi was very run down. There wasn’t enough towels and they were very thin. The toiletries were low quality. The soap wouldn’t lather. We spent 5 nights there in a couple of months with no rewards. The office is poorly run.

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable

No frills clean room. Comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We wanted to swim. The pool and jacuzzi appeared very old. The water was also very cold. The jacuzzi didn’t seem to work. Disappointing. The air conditioning system needs to be updated

Friendly and accommodating staff. The room was very clean. Close to all types of restaurants and activities.

Wouldn't Stay Here Again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

Assuming previous customers pizza crust left near microwave, eye make up on a supposedly clean towel, air conditioner rattled loudly off and on all night and employees slammed door to supply closet next to our room which was strong enough to shake the beds.

Convenient to get to.

Breakfast was good, but very basic.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For a $115 per night accommodation, I've seen fully cooked breakfasts with fresh omelets, cooked meats, fresh made waffles, ...this was a bare minimum attempt.

Breakfast was good, but very basic. No cooked items, just prepackaged pastries, cereal and toast.

Never again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was dirty. Disgustingly so. Dirt underwear in the closet and mustache trimmings in the lotion on the sink.

We found dirty underwear in the closet amd the complementary lotion had someone's mustache trimmings in it. Absolutely disgusting.

Good clean rooms, not in a very quiet location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was very noisy at night between cars going by, the A/C clicking on and off and the doors slamming all night.

The rooms were very clean and well kept.

It was not what I expected. However I was able to rest

Clerk took long to check in, didn't get my special request to book room in first floor. Since I have a toddler. Instead I was send to 3rd flood . According to the clerk there was no staff to clean the other rooms. Restroom had funky smell although it looked clean

The easy process to check out, quite surrounding

We were very disappointed in the accommodations and will not stay at another Comfort Inn.

Old musty rooms. Smelling of smoke even though it was non-smoking room. Decor from 1980s. Felt and looked like a cheap Motel. Empty alcohol containers throughout hallway trash cans. Loud guests partying past midnight. Didn't feel safe. One room had portable a/c unit because main unit didn't cool. One room was completely filthy and beds unmade when we arrived at 11p.m. Breakfast was ok but not much variety.

Not much

My worst hotel experience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Old coffee was in the room's coffee maker. When pouring coffee, lid falls off and coffee goes everywhere. Low flow toilet requires multiple flushes. 2nd night, rowdy guests woke me at 2 am and continued to be rowdy until after 4:30 am. I called front desk around 4 but noise continued. Doors slamming, loud voices, people outside my door carrying on conversations. On a Wednesday night. No liner for ice bucket. Very loud air conditioner. If watching tv, this requires raising and lowering volume on a remote that could use fresh batteries, although it did help to drown out the party noises next door. I paid $250 for this.

Front desk staff was nice.

like a 3rd world country in the middle of a luxury community.

The hotel did provide even minimal service like a wash cloth or towel for each guest in room. Trash cans were not emptied... no cups for water or ice bucket... although an office visit was made to request... told they these items were too scarce.

The location was close to my venue and the price was great...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I asked 3X for a light bulb in the bathroom, over the sink, to be replaced due to blinking on and off and it never got done.

The location was close to my venue and the price was great as I work for a non-profit, so we are always looking for a good deal to save money.

comfort for two
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

appreciated if there were toothpaste and toothbrushes.

We liked the breakfast--- the room was clean, coffee and tea was offered in the room. the aircon was okay..good stay as it was only to attend an affair in Irvine before heading to LA.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything. Horrible!!!! Staff was so rude, the room smelled so bad and we saw 3 rats outside of our room! So gross!

Nothing. Staff was horrible. Room smelled so bad. Never again!

I was frightened @ 1:00 in the morning, someone key worked to open door!! Luckily I had lock on inside plus I had 2 kids with me! That scared me.?

Friendly staff!

Over Priced.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First off the room was pretty clean. That said, there was a patch over the shower which was not finished, a couple of patches over the sink and bath room door not painted, some of the wall paper was peeling and a couple of dings on one wall not repaired. Room #105 was not ready for guests. Seems there is only one Soda Machine on the Propriety and it didn't work during my stay!

The Staff was Friendly.

Bad customer service to good customers
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like having to convince him to give me the room that I had booked a month before.

The front desk clerk gave my mother's room away because she hadn't checked in. He called her at 720 and told her that she had until 8 to call back to confirm her room. Which she didn't have time to do because she was booking a last minute flight for my niece. When we got there they told her that they'd called st 6 pm an since she hadn't called back they had given her room away. He also told her that they only had a room with one queen sized bed in it and that she's have to pay 300 plus forbade room. We basically had to yell at him in order to get her room back. After that he magically found a room with 2 double beds. Then he proceeded to try to charge an extra 5-10 dollars because he said that was the amount that booking.com told him to charge.

Good hotel, friendly staff, great breakfasts!

Our A/C in our room leaked out into the walkway...so water was everywhere. One of our bed spreads had a big stain on it.

Really great breakfast in the mornings. Great selection! Friendly staff, very helpful. Love the locations to all things fun to do in South Orange County...especially the beaches.

Below average.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They did not give us the room that we booked. It did not accommodate two adults and two kids. Our kids had to sleep in the floor.

The pool was decent .

Close to where we were going.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was a bit TOO hard. Food is okay but could be better. (More choices, LF plain yogurt & better coffee)

Close to where we were going..GOOD price & love getting points on Reward card

Good location and excellent price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

People smoking outside entrance to our ground level non smoking room.

The size of the room and sleeper sofa. The breakfast was hot and the area was clean.

Good spot for sleeping

Breakfast could have had a bit more in the way of protein. I wish they had had yogurt. Only protein was eggs.

VERY quiet hotel, good room. I was only there to sleep, so I didn't need much! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean, and had all that was needed. Nice to have a fridge too.

I would not recommend
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The wall AC was broken and they put a portable ac unit by the window and had to crack open the window for the vent. The water in the swimming pool was filthy.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet seat was broken I slipped when I used the toilet. I did not know it was broken and when I went to the front desk I got attitude, it was supposed to be smoke free and it smelled like stale cigarettes, towels had black spots imbedded in the fibers (mold) like the towels sit wet for a long time, then you dry them, when I asked for new towels I was told there were none because they were still doing laundry and I went in to ask at 6:45 PM (WOW) then he told me someone would be at my room to deliver in 15 minutes, I called front desk to see where my towels were and no answer!! had to get dressed to go to front to get clean towels!! When I got there, the clerk was sitting relaxing on the couch on his phone, mind you I seen him from my room and he proceeded to lie to me and he told me he did not answer because he was on the phone with a guest. I PAID OVER $300 FOR 3 DAYS AND I HATED MY STAY IT WAS NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

The toasted English Muffin lol

Good value for the money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the main area was not very good

Bed was fine but not like a cloud period pillows were very nice period room was very clean and tidy as was the bathroom

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

This property is ok.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There really wasn't much around. It's more of a business environment.

This property is ok. It was not far from Latina Beach, about a 15 minute drive.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great accomodations for a great price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could have used more towels.

Room was on bottom floor so very easy access to my car. Room was a great size, good bathroom size etc. Everything was great. For the money you can't beat it. It was also so close to the freeway and shopping. So you were close to anywhere you want to go. 15 minutes or less from airport.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

1 word terrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had 1 towel,hand towel,1 bath towel,no bath mat 1 small bar soap. There weren't a ice bucket, coffee maker we always stay at the Comfort chain but may not in future

Evening greeter tried to make things right. That should not have been her job.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Idk about this one..

I had to change rooms like 3 times... the 1st room the shower leak from the bathroom above.. then the 2nd room had a tv from the 80's... didnt get any channels the 3rd room ok it smelled like old socks but no leaky bathroom or old tv.. the front desk guy was awesome very understanding he tires his best to make me happy... that why i didnt complain about the last room.... but it was very uncomfortable.

The front desk guy was very nice

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Close to freeway, nice cafe down the street.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Men outside the room late at night making a lot of noise, near the front office. Wall paper in restroom was coming off with visible bubbling. Bed uncomfortable.

Close to freeway, nice cafe down the street.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Happy returning customer!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Compliment breakfast offered as early as 6:00 am was wonderful because of all the many choices, however the coffee taste was poor. Everything else was very good, hot sausage & eggs, waffles, cereal, cold & hot, juices tea. Liked that a staff member was there if customers needed help with anything. Also a T.V was there for news etc. nice touch!

Location, friendly & helpful staff, has an elevator for 3 floors, neighborhood feel, recent upgrades done well since I stayed for a week last June. Would stay again every time I visit Orange County. Close to Irvine Spectrum for shopping & theater. Close to 5&405 freeways.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I had my do not disturb on my door and they still came in and opened all of my curtains while I still had stuff in there. And took my waters out of my fridge but didn't clean anything or make the beds or take out trash

The area

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Good location, but place needs a facelift!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Although the room was clean, it was in poor state. The wall paper in bathroom was held together with scotch tape, stain on coverlet, paper thin sheets, cigarette burn on coverlet, and pool/jacuzzi was in need of a resurfacing. Leaking air conditioner causing lots of water outside of rooms and one of the stair steps was held up with plank of wood. This place really needs a makeover because it is in an ideal location in the O.C.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

TV set antiquated - what is going on here?
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast eggs look unappetizing - I've never eaten them. Hotel should dispense with them. The TV in the room was unbelievably horrendous. Not a flat screen, but a 15 year old Philips box. The remote did not work except to change channels. In other words, TV had to manually be turned on, no volume control, etc. Pathetic

Very nice clean place beds are very comfy do recommend

Very nice clean place beds are very comfy do recommend

The location and price was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room had a old smell.

The location and price was great.

Great service, quiet, comfortable.

N/a

Great service, quiet, comfortable. Clean

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was close to the five point amphitheater
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

The room smelled bad musty.

It was close to the five point amphitheater

No soap or hand towels in the bathroom!

No soap or hand towels in the bathroom!

Ok

The building was old. Price was to high.

I like the house keeper. She was very nice. The distance from Laguna beach was not to bad.

Nice for a last minute hotel.

The fire alarm was missing. A light was out in the bathroom.

Beds were comfortable.

Not satusfued

Air-conditioner not working

Pleasant stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

Room was nice and beds were comfortable. I liked that they had chairs in the balcony.

Wont be back!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The place is Old and shabby, the corridors are filthy and full of cigarrete buts. People smoke in their rooms!!!

pretty good

the bed likes a cloud.😛

Happy memorial day holiday.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It's not close from the beach...

Quite.and close form the freeway.

bad experience.

everything

It was ok.

No towels provided, had to ask. Ice machine was broken. Jacuzzi was broken.

Clean, good price.

Not worth it
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

More of a motel, very noisy, close to freeway. Rooms not well insulated. Tiny pool, jacuzzi was down, ice machine was broke..

Bed was comfortable

Ok just not what I expected

It smell like old hotel and it didn’t look like the pictures at all

The room was okay but the rats were disgusting
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The big rats running around our facility

I didn't eat

fair
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

they could work on the cleanliness

close to the freeway

Okay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

for Laguna Hills, a great buy!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the bed was so-so (too soft for me--firmer is always better for most folks)

location was great, facility well kept, great for the price

Staff

Neighborhood

Staff

Good value. Clean. Easy parking. Clean grounds. Very bad breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Balcony- Non-Smoking

The worst breakfast I have had in my 20+ weekends per year of travel.

The location was perfect for us and the rate was much lower than competitors.