Reviews of Avenue Hotel 3 stars

6.1

5.7

5.6

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Could hear people outside screaming, crying, throwing things all night and early morning. Also, as a returning customer I paid more than my first stay and the breakfast is basically cereal, toast and yogurt.

Close to my destination

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was very inadequate - inedible by European standards. No hangers for suits and shirts. No wardrobes for clothes. Overcooled room, It was noisy to heat up during the night, the first night. No view outside.

Big bed. Big room. Huge TV. Tons of channels on TV.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The majority of the front desk staff was extremely rude. The breakfast was sub par. They charged my account for parking even though I was told they would not. Our first room had no hot water, we told the front desk and when we returned it was not fixed. I dont believe they even tried. We moved rooms and they had construction on thag floor and the electriciry did not work.

The rooms were newly remodled.

• Superior King or Twin Room

We were told The lights underneath the bed would turn off by themselves because of the sensor that senses movement. Our lights never turned off underneath the bed. I eventually had to move the bed and find the outlet to unplug them. Also our ice machine was unplugged, had to go upstairs one floor to get ice.

Good customer service.

• Superior King or Twin Room

The area outside the hotel could use some improvements and the elevator made my husband a little worried because it’s not updated like the rooms. Other than that’s we had a lovely place to stay.

The room inside the hotel was AMAZING and clean I loved it.

Wasn't the best location but everything was such a short drive it didn't matter. Breakfast area was so small there was no where to sit

Really comfortable beds modern rooms, the bathrooms were very nice, the shower looked like it could of done with a more thorough clean but it was still good.

It smelled like weed the minute you walk into the lobby and smelled all the way to the entrance of our room. It was also difficult to find. You see a lot of tents on the sidewalk around the hotel.

The room was Dirty. The floor was not clean. It look like the room was being remodeled holes in the wall with wiring exposed. The baseboard was just removed and left like that with holes on the bottom of the wall all the way around the room. light fixtures missing. It look like it was unfinished room. No vanity or anything in the bathroom just sink and toilet. The bottom of the room door had a 3 inch gap When people walk by or talk you can hear them very loud and cold wind coming in and light from hallway. Also the bed made so much noise every time you turned. (Old bed) Room 115. Also no room# on the door. I would have paid more for a nicer room.

Hallways were in poor condition as was the elevator. Parking was $8 a day. The hotel still post the picture of the old hotel that was here before on booking.com (comfort inn). People were smoking in a non smoking hotel. Hard to see the sign of the hotel coming from the highway ( huge tree by gas station covering the sign). We had to circle around twice

The hotel was renovated from another franchise. Up to date bathroom and flooring. Hallway were a little scary. WiFi went in and out . The breakfast was delicious had make your own waffle and coffee.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My overall experience with the hotel wasn’t very good. The hotel looked nothing like the pictures. Lobby was dirty the hallways of the floors stunk terrible. My shower door did not close properly, so the entire floor got wet in bathroom

The location was only thing I liked. It wasn’t very far from downtown area

No microwave in the room. No laundry facilities within the hotel, but you can find a coin laundromat a couple of blocks away, although you will encounter a few homeless people & beggers along the way. View from our room looked out to an empty and dirty building and carpark, but if you keep the blinds/shade down it wasnt a bother.

Rooms were cleaned, beds made and towels replaced everyday. Breakfast options included a waffle machine, toast, fruit, 2 types of cereal,fruit juice, yoghurt, milk, tea & coffee. Our floor (3rd) had a drink vending machine and ice machine. Metro Station and Bus stop was only a couple of minutes walk (to the corner of the block). Also a couple of minutes walk was a Denny's restaurant where u could eat in or take away food.

In the bathroom there was no counter space to put my things on. There's wasn't even a toilet holder. The room didn't seem like a kings size room that I paid for. I won't be staying here again

The check in wasn't good and efficient, the customer service was on 2 calls while handling our check in. I think he is rather rude to multi task. If they have manpower issue, they should make appropriate adjustments. We had to ask and go to the reception for a toothbrush ( which is of very poor quality). The aircon was very loud. Basically the aircon was blowing into the double layered curtain as it was right on the top, so we couldn't use the curtains at all. I was very disappointed as it was below my expectations based on the photos on booking.com. The carpet floor looks dirty. We could also hear people storming down the stairs. On the first night, the clock/ radio started making ruffling sounds by itself at random times.

The location is good, it is at vermont/ beverly, about 5 stops to hollywood , about 7 stops to union station, 1 stop to korea town. Fairly accessible. They also provide car parks. The cleaner that provided extra towels for us was very helpful. They provide simple breakfast, no meat or eggs, just bread , waffle, fruits. I think it is good as it fills up our stomach before we start the day.

The elevator is a bit run down (most probably due to the remodeling phase) but this should not be a big concern. Due to the remodeling works, there was some noise after 9AM but this should be temporary.

The room that we stayed in was recently updated and was very clean, just as on the recently added photos.

We had a man that continued peeping into our window and when we went to close the window shades we saw him masterbating. We called the office. The maintenance man was awesome and helped the situation and made sure our window was locked. We requested to be contacted by the manager and was never contacted. We saw the manager when we checked out. She advised us that he was homeless and it is a problem there. She didn't acknowledge the situation or apologize for the horrible experience. She didn't ask if there was anything she could do. Just said she could give us her card. The hotel overall is not bad. If you have a bad experience don't expect them to care. Terrible customer service.

The location was central to everything we needed and the parking was nice

Cannot buy anything in hotel ( food or sanitary items). Pictures online looked much better than what the real hotel is, although they are in proces of renovating. Outside street very dirty, lot of homless people. No fliers for turisty attrations offered in this hotel.

Staff very friendly. Brakfast room very clean. Close to subway.

The hotel is in dire need of reconstruction. The third floor is the first to be closed for renovation. I stayed on the second floor for two nights. My bathroom may have had mold and should not still have wallpaper in it. There was old crayon drawings from other guests' children on the wall of my room. I think the carpet needed replacement a long time ago. It's tricky to enter the hotel properly because you have to be driving on the north side of Vermont Street and very slowly to make it into the covered parking garage attached to the hotel.

I liked that the staff was friendly and tried to be as helpful as possible. The hotel is located in Koreatown of Los Angeles, so they know this location is not the best or the fanciest. There was a free breakfast given to guests between the hours of 6 am to 9 am. That actually saved me some money. The parking fee is also really good: 8 dollars a night. The beds were new and comfy and the cable TV had HBO, which is nice. These little things made it better for my short stay.

The jacuzzi in the room, restaurant needs proper attending like cleaning the table etc., variety at breakfast, shortage of space, rate per day unclear as varied.

The location, hot water, friendly staff.

Immediate neighborhood is scuzzy-not safe after dark. OK in the day. Building interior, e. g. hallway carpets, in need of cleaning or replacement. (3rd floor is being renovated, so maybe that is underway)

Da property is under renovation. The rooms are dirty carpet, stained curtains. We had to b transferred to another rooom cuz the door is broken. The walls are taped, ready to b painted. My room is just renovated but there was no toilet paper holder. Inside the shower, no bars to hold on, it was very dangerous for us seniors. I almost slid cuz it was slippery when da soap goes down of course made it hard to take a shower. No counter or shelf to put your toothbrush, no closet to hang your clothes, I rate it poor because it's under renovation. I wouldn't have gone with my family if I knew ahead of time. I would like some discount on da 3 rooms that we stayed. One of da room , da carpet was soaked wet in front da bathroom door. There were mosquitoes that bit my 2 grandchildren. They don't know if bed bugs also. 3 rooms had mosquitoes.😘😂😂

The hallways were in bad shape (peeling walls, dirty carpet and not a pleasant smell). The room had dirty walls, peeling wall paper, peeling paint, mildew around tub, brown water spots on ceilings, very worn chairs, base boards were peeling and dirty...etc.

The parking was cheap

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

A little bit old. They need to change the room's wall & carpet outside. They don't wash the coffee maker!

It's next to the train & bus stops!

Dirty carpets,dirty chairs,dusty doors,rusty toilet paper dispensers,dirty shower heads,wall papers are peeling off in the barhroom,there was an open room at the end of the hall on level 1 that is so dirty and always open,everything is old and needs upgrade. Pictures on website fools people.Wasn't inviting at all when u see the actual property. How I wish parking was free since it's located just below the property. I wish the management will see this review for their own benefit.

Nobody bothers us,air conditioner was very good,good location near to every places we go.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

I think the breakfast should have at least some eggs a sausage. You only had waffles and breads. And for a lesser price we could have a better breakfast choice but because it was close to where we were going I booked this place. So not to happy with the breakfast. Also staff was very serious not even a smile good evening good morning or nothing. Need to have a smile on your face if working with customers.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

There is free wifi but in the room was super slow. Last few days we didn't have hot water for the shower, was taking ages to hit and after 3 mins was getting cold again. We missed a hair dryer that we had to ask for the first moorning. Once we used the toilet creams/shampoo we didnt have them replaced. One day, after hours of tourism, very tired, we found our room keylock broken so we had to wait to get it replaced to get in. There was no apoligies or care from the staff about the inconvenience. Way too expensive. We took it with a booking offer, but we didn't pay when we booked it so we had to pay normal price in the spot... stratospheric for that kind of hotel & all inconveniences.

The hotel was fine. Was good location to get to the main turistic spots of the city. Tube station round the corner. It was clean, room was confy and spacious. Breakfast was nice

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

There is renovation going on, which is a good thing. But if youre hoping to sleep a little longer than 06:00 am and not wake up because someone is hammering hard in the next room and upstairs, then I'd recommend some other place.

Location was ok. The room was clean, but looked tired. Carpets look like they need to be send to a "earned vacation".

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

This place is a dump! Save your money. I have stayed in a lot of rooms and this is no 3 star. Filthy carpet in halls, paint falling from ceiling in room, shower curtain had to be held with a binder clip (provided by hotel) to keep some water in shower.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Dont rent rooms while constructions

Lot of noise i was there for almos 2 weeks construction people woke uas op at 7 am or sometimes aerlier lot of noise

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

constant noises from walls and upstairs. not loud but very annoying repetitive noises. requested upper level room but felt like that request got ignored. they actually charge for parking too. thought it was a good price but with the charge for parking can't say it was good deal.

There was a huge gap in the door, the shower leaked all over the floor, the door wouldn't open properly we had to kick it for it to open. We put money in the vending machine and it didn't work so we asked the guy at reception and he just said I don't know I'm part time

The bed was big and comfy. It was quick and easy to get to places from there.

The sheets were rough, there were stains on the carpet, the the walls, the roof, and the bathroom roof was disgusting. The elevator was frightening. The person at the front desk could barely speak English. When we got to our floor there was a room that looked like a crime scene. I travel a lot and this hotel was not good.

It was close to a gas station for beer.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

After my first night, I came back to find my room behind a temporary wall and my key card inactivated. They had begun construction in that hallway and I had to go to the front office to reactivate my key so I could gather all my stuff to move to another room. Other than that, it was a decent stay. Kind of old and a little worn down, but it had everything I needed.

The location is pretty good, but I only needed a place central to West LA so that I could travel around and check out apartments to move into.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

very spacious ..the view was nice ... room stayed nice and cool ... quiet and the parking was easy ...15 min from universal studios..we walked to dinner 2 times

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Bad bad bad and nasty!!!! Pictures on website for this hotel are lies!!

There is nothing I liked about it! Dont waste your money there Motel 6 is alot better.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Highly overpriced considering hotel prices in LA. Not what you expect for the rate, photos used in the website and description. Room needs major refurbishment, even the rail was missing from the wardrobe so clothes can only stay in suitcase...

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

There was no 'welcome to california ' when we arrived frazzled from the airport, and I would have expected reception to actively offer information about the room... Like the door handle that goes up, not down.

Located close to the metro, very comfy beds, good aircon

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

It was ok

It's was nice clean place. But it did need some updating and the room we stayed in had lots of unfinished or damaged work. Paint was scraped off or walls damaged

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Holes in walls covered with HUGE stick on discs. Smelled bad. Furniture was falling apart. TV was locked up and no one could do anything about it. Wall paper missing. Walls dirty. Stained carpet everywhere. Moldy old food at continental breakfast. I would have scored it a 1 but the lowest score available is a 2.5 on this review site.

Nothing!!!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

not so clean and has a distinctive smell as you enter the lobby, carpet is dirty, one front desk staff named Mike is not so accommodating when we asked to fix the AC that is turned to be a heater and is not working properly. poor service.

the location is very accessible, its near public transportation which is the only good thing.

Room was dirty. Cob webs and stains on the walls. The breakfast is a joke. One waffle maker is tbe only hot item for the entire place. The staff was not rude, but not friendly either. The $8 parking fee is an insult after $150 plus tax for the room.

They had a room available

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

I didn't like that the facility was run down from the elevator to the room. The walls were dirty and the wall paper was pealing from the walls no working smoke detector in our room. The bathroom facet was coming up the sink and the wall paper was pealing from around the toilet. They tried to patch the holes in the doors. The surrounding area had huge amounts of trash around the hotel.

I didn't eat breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The waffle maker was a huge hit with the kids. The hotel was clean and next to a subway station. Since we dont have a subway in our hometown, that was a bit of a tourist attraction for us.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Dirty, wallpaper coming off walls, Dead mouse in a drawer, blood stain in shower and bathroom floor, one towel only, bed was dirty and stained, NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!

nothing at all

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

No parking for hotel patrons even though you are paying for parking Unsafe area - woke up and a young couple had their windows busted out Rooms face a homeless park Rooms are outdated and do not look as good as they do in the picture Bathtub was very dirty Bloodstains in the carpet Staff was rude

Close to everything Lowest price in the area

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

The carpet in the halls is stained and old and the carpet in my room is the same. In the bathroom the wallpaper is peeling and lookes like a bad job. The sink stand is old and paint chipped. The rest of the room has bad wallpaper too, stains and straches, chairs are old and faded and the airconditioner has dust in it that looks like it hasnt been cleaned in years! While I was there I also heard several complaints by other guests how bad the rooms are. Definitely lost the value for our money.

About the ONLY good thing this hotel had was thats its right off the freeway and close to some attractions.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

This place is gross. Nasty rooms, rude staff and a gross eating area. The pics on the internet look nothing like the actual place or rooms. Plus they charge you to park in their garage. I asked for extra towels and housekeeping told me no ( even though my had not been cleaned). Rude people, nasty rooms...take your business and money elsewhere...

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Service was non exist staff very unfriendly very noisy in rooms very old area not good please don't stay there

There wasn't anything to like scary area a lot of bums in the street

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

This hotel was a dump! Was old and not clean. Stains everywhere. They over charged my card by $181.29 and it more then likely would not have happened if the front desk clerk wasn't paying more attention to her phone then us and when I addressed her about it she just literally stood there. Not once did she even attempt to apoligize. The ONLY thing good about the room is that it was in the midst of everything. The room had a old stich and this hotel needs to be torn down and rebuilt. KEEP GOING!

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

The staffs never smiled and when I checked out in the early morning, the staff didn't even bother to look at me and didn't even say a word when I turned in the room keycard and said "checking out".

This hotel is conveniently located and clean.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

- very dirty looking carpets - so called breakfest - not in shape anymore - furniture weak and instable The rooms I got in 2012 and 2014 were ok but not this time. Won't return a fourth time

The lobby

Wifi was painfully slow

Service was great

• Superior King or Twin Room

They charge 8 per night to park your car.

The hotel is very nice , I loved my room! The staff was friendly . They are flexible with check out time.

Friendly

Clean

I have nothing negative to say about my 8 night stay

The property was well maintained and clean

• Superior King or Twin Room

very gooy price , very good service

Price is pretty high

Comfortable bed, newly renovated

Manager

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast, poor. No vegetables.

Great bed, clean bathroom. Everyday cleaning.

THE ROOM WAS GOOD THE BED WAS GREAT JUST THE BATHROOM WAS IN NEED OF UPDATE AND THE DOOR WAS FALLING APART

It was being renovated and the jacuzzi didn’t work!

Choice of breakfast was limited

Average breakfast, could have been slightly better

Very clean

Out dated decor. Very business oriented. Nothing at all charming about it.

The beds are super comfortable and spacious. It's very quite.

Their vending machine ate 2 of my dollars.

The staff was really friendly and the room was in good condition.

Got a suite expected abetted shower and bigger bathroom

WELCOME. STAFF

Clean

Electronic appliances not working tv was fixed the next day had renovation done in bathroom but no shelving at all

No complaints. The staff was great.

Everything was perfect

Major construction noise starts at 8am 7 days a week, don't stay if you plan to sleep past 8am

New rooms but poor build

We had to move rooms after the first night. Both rooms we were in had water seeping through the carpet.

very dirty, uncleaned floor, smelly bed, water leaking, broken door, noisy environment even during night

There carpet through bedrooms

Grotty. Poorly maintained and dirty. Not recommended.

Browse Avenue Hotel traveller photo gallery