Reviews of Stanford Inn & Suites Anaheim 3 stars

2171 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92802, USA

#38 of 135 hotels in Anaheim

Great place to Start and Stay.
    • One King Size Bed

Not much, very happy, breakfast was a little crowded. Late check out would be a good option as we had to pay for an extra night so we could go to the airport at a reasonable time.

Everything, the staff and facilities were just right..

Nice beds and great internet!! Awful air conditioners and breakfast was a joke!!
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Rooms were like a sauna with window air conditioners!! Carpets were filthy, made my feet black!! Breakfast was a joke!! Outside of hotel was ghetto but inside rooms were nice, thank goodness!! Seriously like 2 outlets for phones in the whole room!! Definitely not worth the $200++ a night we paid!!

50" TV was awesome and beds were nice!! Internet was great!

Won’t come back here
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Pool and management was rude

First of all I once I arrive at check in I try to go to the pool and was closed then the next morning it was closed for maintenance. Breakfast was to crowded and not enough time to eat got rush up to leave

Good place to stay good staff!
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The folks and spoon and knives in the dinning room should be face down. It appears the guests touching all the spoon and folks and knife by the bare hand. Not hygiene at all.

Good
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The security, no safe i felt to lonely, the breakfast egg very bad

I reslly like the room, veryyyy clean, nice , change everyday,the location fantastic😍

2nd stay and still excellent.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Parking is a little tight and if you drive in real late, finding parking could be a challenge. This wasn't a problem for us because we left our car in the parking lot and took the shuttle bus when we were going to come in late.

Staff was friendy. Rooms were clean. Bed and beddings were comfortable. Free breakfast and parking. ART shuttle to disneyland stops right in front of hotel. Hotel sells tickets for ART shuttle and Disney tickets. Very convenient.

Overall our stay was good. The hotel was a kid friendly hotel which was nice
    • Suite with One Bathroom

The floors were not the cleanest. I would recommend the floors be mopped when the rooms are cleaned. When I first arrived at 8pm, the TV and phone did not work. A Tech arrived to my room in less than 4 minutes to fix the issues and it took about 5 minutes to repair.

kid friendly

A nice place for a quick get-away from life's stresses--eat, swim, sleep, get touristy!
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Not much. The parking is small so once you find a spot you don't want to leave it. Really, other than that, it's a great place!

A nice work-out walk to Disneyland. Lots of eating & convenience places surrounding the property. Moderate size pool with jacuzzi. Awesome breakfast--eggs, sausage, potatoes and other fixings. Clean rooms.

It was adequate for my stay going to the dental convention.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The fitness room left ALOT to be desired. Dark and only 2 tread mills and an elliptical machine. No dumb bells or workout machines, floor mats. Totally inadequate. Also, the Jacuzzi was not working on Friday night. When I asked the front desk woman if she would have it looked at, she responded that she was busy with the customer with her, then she would call maintenance. Well after 15 or 18 minutes I went back to her and she said the same thing (only there was a DIFFERENT person with her). Eventually, in 5-10 more minutes, it was turned on. Evidently, the person who already had paid for a room is not as important as one who has not paid for a room with her.

The person who cleaned my room did an excellent job.

Very great family friendly inn with deluxe breakfast
    • Two Queen Size Beds

pros: - heated pool - laundry facilities - deluxe breakfast (eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit danish, juice and coffee) - accomodating and polite staff - conveniently located near ampm, taco bell right across the street, and carls jr at the corner, roscoes chicken and waffles, italian ice and gelato parlour right beside the inn) - free parking - electric car charging - internet was fast - we were able to get a crib and a room on the top floor - very quiet rooms

Desk lady Diane didn’t activate my doors card for open the...
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Desk lady Diane didn’t activate my doors card for open the door, so I had to return to the front desk at midnight, and she realized she wasn’t didn’t . I was so tired, I never expected this happen, she supposed to be sure the cards be activeted before just give it to the customer. ☹️

The staff was just amazing especially the ladies from the...
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The staff was just amazing especially the ladies from the kitchen. Maria, Norma, Yrma knew just how to take good care of us. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful as well.

Have been there several times and probably will stay again when we go to see the mouse.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Would have preferred to be a little closer to the front but it was ok. Would have liked a shower instead of the bathtub but there was lining on the bath tub floor so we didn't slip getting in or out--a Plus for the elderly.

Breakfast was very good, if you want you get eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, fruit (apples, oranges, bananas) coffee, hot chocolate, juices, milk, bread for toast, bagels with choices of toppings, I used the washer and dryer they were good and clean. Parking as free and a shuttle (w/ticket) to Disneyland and back. We stayed in the back part of the motel and it was fine as we were away from the noisy children.

Definitely Coming Back
    • One King Size Bed

The room could use some updates. There used to be a closet door it was removed but they left the metal frame. The fridge temperature could be lowered it froze some of our drinks and there were no railings on the fridge door to keep drinks.

Close to Disneyland, quiet and quaint. Clean with free parking and breakfast.

Brooks family
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The beds are not very comfortable.

I liked the breakfast selection and the fact that it is close to Disneyland parks. Staff was very friendly and was greeted with a smile. My 4 year old loved the fact that Mickey was on the wall.

I am more of a Hilton type of girl however, I would stay here again if room time is minimal.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The rooms are very outdated. No outlets for electronics. Very Basic room but u dont feel creepy or dirty. House keepers are very nice.

The staff was fabulous. The breakfast was hearty. Kitchen staff was minimal so it had to be kept simple as far as the daily variety but still good.

Nice stay, we will probably come back.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

If the bathroom zone will be modernized (especially taps), I think it will be really a wonderful room.

We've been in Anaheim for the Namm Show 2018 and it is really easy to go by walk from the hotel. It's clean and quite confortable. The staff is obliging and smiling, breakfast not so full of choices, but the room is quite clean and you eat fresh food. If we come back to Anaheim we will probably come back to Stanford Inn & Suites.

Overall good 4 stars won't be back

Cockroaches mentioned above.

Overall good and close to Disneyland. ART stops right in front of hotel. Breakfast was good not great. 4 stars. Cannot give 5 stars due to finding 1 cockroach in the bathroom and a big one in the breakfast area. Not ok. I did speak to management and they said they called pest control asap.

I will be looking forward to staying with this hotel in the futrue.

Everything was great.

The staff was so helpful during check in when I had an issue with my bank freezing my account. Thank you front office staff for creating a warm environment in a time of need. I especially like no parking fees.

My stay was awesome
    • Suite with Two Bathrooms

The extra room was very nice my daughter was really happy she has a room to her self with a Disney character. Restroom was nice and clean and I like how the room look. And big thanks for breakfast, didn't have to go out and spend money on that cause you guys had excellent food

Overall a great stay. Stanford is too far to walk to the Parks, there and back, with children.
    • Suite with Two Bathrooms

When the maid cleaned our room, she did not restock the coffee and deactivated our room cards...we did not opt to get our room cleaned after that.

Great selection of breakfast foods and drinks. It would be better if there was more fresh fruit offered.

Enjoyed my stay
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Just the money issue. The pricing is on par with the area, about median, but there were other places about same "quality" that would have been cheaper. I have a tight budget and need to stretch the dollars.

The staff makes this place! Everyone I spoke with was super friendly and just awesome, from front desk to housekeeping/maintenance. The property is older (but VERY clean and comfortable and they are updating) overall experience is really great. Had a family of 5 next door that I never heard, so the walls are still good! I would for sure stay here again, budget allowing.

Great family too
    • Suite with One Bathroom

Dirty room, feet black after walking in it for an hour. Hairs in sink and bath. Shabby decor. Breakfast was adequate but rubbery eggs and way to small a room for the number of guests resulting in large queues and running out of items.

Room layout

The room was ok but we wish we didn’t find the cockroach in our room
    • Suite with One Bathroom

There were a cockroach in our room we told the front desk when we were checking out and they said they will send maintenance I hope they did clean the room

We like the suite with the bunk bed for kids

Had an amazing time in CA for my Wedding!
    • One King Size Bed

Just one thing.. lack of selection at breakfast.. need to keep them all stocked up

The location, perfect to commute to everywhere around. L.A., San Diego, Vegas

Clean, Budget Option with a Pool, Very Close to Disneyland.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The food is not top notch, but if you aren't a foodie, you will probably enjoy it. Not elegant or upscale, but definitely has many more positives than negatives.

The location is superb. The breakfast has a great many options for such a small hotel. The property is brightly lit and feels safe. The staff at check-in was really great. Very professional, warm and inviting. Very eager to make sure you enjoy your stay. The price is really great and if you are going to Disneyland, they are a Good Neighbor Hotel so they are on the shuttle stop. The rooms are very clean and tastefully, not dated.

👎👎
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Parking is very cramped. The room smelled awful. Good luck trying to get breakfast. It is served in a small room with 4 or 6 tables. 200 people trying to scramble for breakfast. I felt like I was in a food pantry or homeless shelter. We left after 1 night and went to the residence inn down the road....

The staff was pretty nice.

This place was wonderful and it saved us, as our original...
    • One King Size Bed

This place was wonderful and it saved us, as our original hotel we left cause the room was so dirty. We've never been to this hotel before , but we will be back for our next trip to Disneyland

Ok if your on a tight budget.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The room had a slight smell that wasn't pleasant. The towels were very thin and small. The bed was uncomfortable and I woke up with my back killing me. I was going to Disney Land and when you have to walk with your back not feeling up to par due to the room accommodations, this doesn't make someone very happy. The pillows were hard as rocks My wife and I had to stop at Target and by some pillows, so if you plan on staying here bring your own pillows.

The breakfast was outstanding. The staff there were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Exceptional value

Rooms big, tv channels great, parking great swimming pool great - breakfast excellent variety and so handy

Great re people - great for groups plenty of room great value for money. We r from NZ and gave stayed 8 times in last 10 years Even the laundry was great value

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Disney trip!
    • Two Queen Size Beds

When you first walk in to the room the smell was a little off putting (to me) others might not notice, I also received fresh towels and didn't like the smell from those either. (still could just be me) Like previous reviews, the carpets are gross, turn your feet black so I made sure some kind of footwear on. Although its nice they supply pool towels, they are pretty small. The breakfast was good, but the area it was held was small, made for difficult maneuvering and more so when having to deal with rude and inconsiderate people.

My grandkids got a kick out of the Disney decorations!, the breakfast had adequate choices, make your own waffles yay! sausage and eggs were very good and someone dished them on a plate for you. The beds were comfy and the room spacious enough the bathroom was clean. Having a refrigerator and microwave is great too! Pool area was nice. The staff was super! The ART bus stopped right out front to take us to Disneyland. Even with some of my dislikes, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Clean and comfy
    • Suite with Two Bathrooms

The air con in the second room didn't seem to be working so well but thankfully we had a fan so we were fine.

Comfy beds and clean rooms. No funny smells. Loved the two bedroom two bathroom suite for the six of us. Friendly staff. We left at 5 a.m. To go home and we were able to get hot coffee from the lobby before we left. Shuttle to Disneyland stops right in front. Ride all day back and forth for $5.50 for adults. $2 or $3 for kids.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Nice place to stay for Disneyland
    • One King Size Bed

Bathroom shower and toilet area a bit small.

Liked that there was the ART bus stop right in front of hotel to go to Disneyland for a nominal price. Nice breakfast in am and price was reasonable with free parking and wifi. Room for the 2 of us was quite roomie. Had a safe to store your valuables in which was nice. Nice to have refrigerator and microwave in room.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great stay for our family!
    • Suite with One Bathroom

The hot tub wasn't working during our stay

The extra room with bunk beds was great! Queen size beds were very comfortable. Room was quiet, spacious and clean. Staff was great!

Great Disneyland Hotel
    • One King Size Bed

Room was quite bright, even in the middle of the night

Excellent location for Disneyland, comfortable beds with lots of pillows to choose from, more than adequate facilities

Nice stay at a nice place
    • One King Size Bed

I drink a lot of coffee and room coffee was not refilled daily

Interaction between staff and myself was minimal, just how I like it! Nothing to complain about and sraff was always smiling and courteous.

SHABBY RUN DOWN WItH NO PLUGS NEXT TO DESK !!!
    • One King Size Bed

TV Doesnt work said no signal NO PLUGS By DESK so couldnt plug in my laptop only available plug was one plug in bathroom ONE PLUG HORRIBLE They gave me an extension cord at the front desk buti have a three prong plug and they only had a two prong extenision cord so that was useless the room is shabby and looks dirty the furniture is old and well used the outside of the building is shabby and run down bookings.com rated as EXCELLENT i would rate POOR

bed

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Excellent Stay!!
    • One King Size Bed

Wish the hotel had their own shuttle service. Other thing was having to look for a fast food restaurants nearby as there were only 2 very close by Carl's Jr * and taco bel.

Overall stay at Stanford Inn and suites was very good. Excellent breakfast. Staff was so helpful. I felt safe staying at this hotel with my son. Wish there were more fast food restaurants around this facility. Public shuttle bus service is great as the bus stop is right outside this facility. Shuttle bus passes and Disneyland parks' tickets can be purchased from this hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The breakfast lady on duty was excellent: great food, and...
    • Two Queen Size Beds

1. They did not clean our room for one whole day. 2. The bed sheet was poor quality, full of cotton balls. 3. The furniture is bare and kind of run down: only one chair in the room.

The breakfast lady on duty was excellent: great food, and very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Great Hotel
    • Suite with One Bathroom

Everything was great I was very pleased with the room and the bunk beds to accommodate are kids there room had a tv and a small table and chair and it even had a door I liked that the room had a small frige and microwave I was happy with the staff at breakfast they were very nice the food was good there was enough choices to choice from incase you didn't like one or the other the parking was free and there were a lot of spaces to choose from and there is a buss stop infront on the hotel for all the families that are taking the bus to Disneyland which I thought was perfect .

Great stay
    • Suite with One Bathroom

I think everything was great maybe just invest in there own shuttle or van to take people to the them park like disneyland

There breakfast was great and the room was very nice and spaces

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Convenient hotel near exhibition hall.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Wifi connection not strong. Bathroom not so clean.

Convenient location. Breakfast was ok. Staff pleasant. Able to change our rooms from second to ground floor easily.

Decent over priced hotel
    • Suite with One Bathroom

Facilities were nice. The bathrooms could have been a little cleaner. But overall happy with it. The shuttle to and from Disney was right out front which was nice

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

We love Stanford Inn!
    • Two Queen Size Beds

The second day whoever cleaned the room moved all of my stuff around, but left my breakfast plate with some potatoes... and left long black hairs everywhere. Not too impressed with that housekeeper... the first person who cleaned was perfect though, didn't touch any of my personal items, and threw all the trash away. So they can't guarantee consistency.

We've stayed here twice before, and it just keeps improving. Hot breakfast was awesome! They have someone who dishes eggs, sausage and potatoes, but you have to ask for what you want. They accept tips, so bring cash, if you feel obliged. They have lots of seating, but you can also bring it to your room if you want to eat in private. The ART shuttle picks up directly in front of the hotel (improvement from the last time we stayed when we had to run over to the next hotel) and they have a couple benches to sit and wait. They sell tickets in the lobby. The bed was actually extremely comfortable, and they have lots and lots of pillows with various levels of softness/firmness, so I slept really really well.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Great location for Disney Vacation
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Great value, less cost than closer hotels but quiet, comfortable, provided free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, and Toy Story Parking lot was less than 15 min. walk, for free shuttle to Disney Gates.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Better than expected! I would stay again
    • One King Size Bed

The lighting in the room was too dim. I think another ceiling light/standing lamp would have made it much better!

This is one of the best budget places I have stayed in! Plenty of amenitites - microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, ironing board in the rooms! (I don't understand why so many hotels do not offer kettles/hot water!) free coffee, hot water, tea, iced water at the lobby as well. Wifi was good, Disney 15mins walk away. Breakfast was fun, make your own waffles, plenty of toasts, cereals, and u can have eggs ans sausages too :)

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Excellent value for your family trip to Disneyland
    • Suite with One Bathroom

There is no (hair) conditioner in the room, only shampoo. Never seen that before in a hotel. Husband was also disappointed that they don't offer black tea at breakfast, just herbal, but beyond that, the hot breakfast choices were great.

Full breakfast was fantastic and a great value. Loved the separate room with bunk beds for the kids. Having free parking and a full breakfast was a great money saver and the ART shuttle to Disneyland picks up right in front of the hotel so no need to drive.

Good value friendly hotel within walking distance to Disneyland
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Breakfast was okay - was very crowded some mornings however enough variety to satisfy.

Good location, good value. Comfortable rooms, nothing overly luxurious but spacious and clean, perfect for 2-4 people. Staff were all very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

BFF Disneytrip
    • Suite with One Bathroom

Beds were uncomfortable. Bunk beds were hard.

Coffee was abused the entire trip. =) Group of 6 (3 families) shares a family room and it was fun! Should have upgraded to 2nd bathroom

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Beds and pillows extra comfy!
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Carpets felt a little dirty which can be common in high traffic hotels

Beds and pillows extra comfy!! I had a few concerns and the manager on duty , Araceli addressed them immediately !

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Would definately stay here again.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Nothing, it was all good.

The room was good, the beds were comfortable and we received maid service daily. The staff were absolutely fantastic. Very helpful and lovely to speak to. The breakfast was great and very welcoming. The location was great for Disnleyland.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Sleepless In Stanford
    • Suite with Two Bathrooms

I was disappointed the first 5 minutes I arrived. I was told no crib was available, even though I requested it 3 months prior to our stay AND got an email a week before literally stating the facility would accommodate my request. I was told "they are 1st come, 1st serve" ( despite the email confirmation and 3 months notice, I guess). Needless to say, I couldn't find another hotel that night ( I tried) and we got no sleep b/c my 1 yr old is not used to a bed. This impacted my birthday and our trip to Knotts in a very negative way.... everyone was so tired. I checked in the morning to make sure we were on the wait list ( we were told we would be first), but no such list existed. Hotel brought a crib up the next night, then a 2nd crib up the night after ( no communication between staff). They also brought up an old, half used bottle of lotion when they cleaned the room. This could have been a great stay

The breakfast was a plus. Good choices for ourselves and the kids. High chairs for the babies. The family suite was spacious. The ART bus stops out front (Disney is a little far at 1.3 miles) but was 25 minutes off schedule ( late)

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Great value for money
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Coming from australia, breakfast expectation very high. Possibly cultural difference but did not like breakfast at all. No healthy option and a lot of option not tasty.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff did excellent job every day.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Good breakfast.
    • Suite with One Bathroom

How dirty the carpet was my baby constantly dirty because of the carpet. And that it was loud at night and we felt a little unsafe in our first room so asked for a different room on day 3.

Good breakfast. Close to Disneyland and shops.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Perfect for large family!
    • Suite with Two Bathrooms

If you have more than 2 kids this place is for you! For us a family of 6 the 2 bedroom suite was perfect not only because of the 2 bedrooms but the 2 bathrooms was a life saver! The staff was so friendly and helpful! We couldn't of picked a better place to stay for our vacation.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Great affordable Disney accomodation!
    • One King Size Bed

Great location, walk to Disney or catch the bus right outside. Great breakfast, comfortable & large rooms. Great helpful & friendly staff. Spa, pool & laundry available too.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Great stay
    • One King Size Bed

There could have been muffins and croissants at breakfast and perhaps more fruit.

It was quiet, comfortable and had a good breakfast. The bus to Disneyland stopped right outside the hotel which was perfect. The staff were very helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Great clean place to stay on a budget!!
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Breakfast wasn't that great. The sausage patties were really greasy and salty. But other than that it was ok.

The room were clean, and modern. Microwave and fridge were really nice to have. Great price for the area. In-room safe was nice too. I would recommend people to stay there.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Family from Australia
    • Suite with One Bathroom

The breakfast wasn't great but at least it was provided. It is a large hotel with a small breakfast area so was packed to capacity!

Easy to get to Disneyland via the bus or a short walk. Great with the large suites if you're travelling with kids. Good value in peak time in Anaheim. All staff very friendly and approachable. Thumbs up from us 😊

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Walking distance to Disneyland
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Staff are not accommodating. We request to have 30 mins extension for check out as my children are still sleeping but big NO is the answer. 30 mins request if granted will make difference in my review.

Walking distance to Disneyland Many restaurants nearby

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

I loved everything about our stay especially the location.
    • Suite with Two Bathrooms

I loved everything about our stay especially the location. Walking distance to Disneyland is about 30mins, but one of the DL parking lots is one light away from the room. Shuttles are always on the go. We had the family suite which was perfect. Breakfast was good and simple. If you're looking for more then go to Roscoes chicken and waffles right across the street. The location is near by all stores and restaurants. Free parking, wifi and breakfast! It was quiet, comfortable, affordable and perfect.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

nice,clean, conveniant yet affortable
    • Suite with One Bathroom

no vending soap nor coin machine in laundry room. pool bathroom could get a bench, hooks or furniture.

older structure but clean large rooms, variety breakfast, staff willing to help, staff very pleasant.very comfy bed.kids loved there own room and tv set. really close to restaurants and Disney.

Overall had a great stay
    • Suite with Two Bathrooms

The rugs seemed damp and were dirty

For a family having bunk beds and two bathrooms was fantastic. Price is good too!

Never we will recommend to everyone
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Poor and old facilities and horrible breakfast with limited space

Room was spacious

Breakfast was good beds were comfortable
    • Two Queen Size Beds

When I checked in person was on the phone and just checked me in without any information

Breakfast was good beds were comfortable

Worst option for this price.

25 min walk to Diseney

Staff was really rude & unhelpful

Clean and affordable also close to Disneyland

Clean and affordable also close to Disneyland

Was very pleased with our stay.

No complaints.

Loved the breakfast. The room were very clean, and beds were comfy. Staff were very nice. Definitely will stay again.

comfy and fun.

everything was good

it was nice having two rooms. the kids loved the bunk beds

Will go back next time :)
    • Two Queen Size Beds

bed kept moving when barely hitting them but it was comfortable.

clean rooms and close to disneyland.

Good for the price on a last minute stay.

Better parking.

Clean room. Tasty waffles. 11p.m. pool time instead of the standard 10p.m..

The staff was great.
    • Two Queen Size Beds

Breakfast was a bit disappointing.

The staff was great.

• Suite with One Bathroom

Bunk beds had dirty linen. Toilet kept clogging up

Clean and safe, and only a 10 minute 6-7 dollar...
    • One King Size Bed

Parking could be problematic during the weekend or busy seasons

Clean and safe, and only a 10 minute 6-7 dollar lyft/uber away from disneyland

First stop for Disneyland shuttle, friendly staff, I would...
    • Two Queen Size Beds

First stop for Disneyland shuttle, friendly staff, I would definitely stay again.