Reviews of Comfort Inn Marysville 2 stars

16420 Allenby Drive, Marysville, OH 43040, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Marysville

They never cleaned the room.

They never cleaned the room. We had 4 people staying in the room and we never received clean towels. The sheets were stained with a red substance on one of the beds when we first checked in.

Nice place to stay, would stay there again

Front door and bathroom door jammed alot, but we spoke to front desk ,they said that they had just done a lot of renovations, she made a note of it.

It had a nice pool. The breakfast was good. The rooms were clean. We enjoyed our stay. Our 2 grandsons enjoyed it also.

Amazing place to stay!

There is not one thing that I did not like about this hotel. The staff was friendly, facilities we're clean, the pool was amazing! Last but not least, the breakfast was fantastic.

I loved everything about this hotel.

Location was good, easy to find nearby restaurants.

Renovations can make for difficulties. We heard EVERY step the person in room above made as floors; walls creaked. The breakfast area was crowded in the morning. Too little space for this many guests.

Location was good, easy to find nearby restaurants.

We would stay here again. We come to visit family but also close to Columbus. Plenty of places to ea

The coffee and orange juice tasted gross.

The pool area was clean and spacious. The facility was going through an update so a little dusty in those areas. But the dining area was very clean and the room was very clean. Beds were compfy.Staff was very friendly.

Could use some minor improvments but, I'd definetly stay again.

The vending machines needed restocked and the bathroom was extremely small. They were doing some construction work so there was some messiness for that but, that is to be expected during work. The hot tub machine worked well however, it made a terribly loud noise (high pitched whine) while operating.

Pool was nice, beds were comfortable and the staff was helpful.

The staff was very helpful and kind.

Everything was clean in the room but the furniture was worn. The couch was not very comfortable to sit on.

The staff was very helpful and kind. The breakfast was good.

We plan to return, next time we're staying in Marysville.

Bathroom too small . Very little counter space ( nearly none). Although new...AND CLEAN, water pressure in shower a mere trickle. Room a bit too small for 2 queen beds being in there.

Bathroom clean... whole hotel seemed clean. In our room, new shower, toilet, carpeting, and bathroom tile flooring. Pool LOVELY...nice facilities Breakfast good. Plus lots of channels on tv. Comfy beds...good sound insulation. Hotel pretty full, but still quiet. Good night of sleep, both nights.

Terrible!!

When we arrived the desk clerk stated we would be in a recently renovated room. The only thing that seemed renovated was the paint and perhaps the shower. The furniture was all scratched and dented. The recliner had dry wall mud/dust on it. There was paint left on the doors and fixtures. The carpet was dusty. The hallways were loaded with dry wall dust, dry wall mud, building supplies, etc. In the bathroom you could barley shut the door because it was so small. I didn’t like that the sink was located outside the bathroom. I like to wash my hands after I use the bathroom before I have to open the door. Our room was located facing the parking lot. The parking lights were bright and the curtain didn’t close completely so a bright light was shining through all night. The heater unit/ac unit had broken vents. The bed was average. The was no elevator where we were located and the breakfast area and pool area were difficult to find and a distance away from our room. The price rate of this hotel was equivalent to the Holiday inn express located feet away if I had known prior to booking. I found this out when I arrived but was too late to cancel this hotel. THis was $100 wasted!!

The room was clean .

The blow dryer in my room blew sparks out at my wife when she started to dry my hair and singed a very little bit of her hair. Yes I told the staff and she said sorry thanks for telling us . ☹️ My wife was not very happy about not getting to dry her hair as we were headed to the with our granddaughter .

It was nice and the staff was friendly. There were many stores, restaurants, etc around

The staff were lovely and very helpful The breakfAst was good the rooom was a dissapointment

The bathroom, the pillows were terrible

The bathroom was small toilet to low and cramped couldn't abstain toilet paper cause toilet was against the paper and cramped against the wall.

We will never stay here again. Never...

I didn't like my neighbors screaming drunk all night keeping me awake the night before a 5 hour drive home. Breakfast was awful. Room smelled musty and the bathtub had mold.

I liked that we had a room where we needed to be.

Overall a good experience. Just wanted a better experience with the technology.

For my stay I was upgraded to a suite free of charge which was awesome. All of the amenities were great from the bed to the private jacuzzi. However, even though my room was directly above the main lobby, the wireless internet connection was spotty at best and the television did not interact well with the remote control.

Stayed for a business trip with Honda and the location could not have been better. Only 10 miles away and the provided breakfast, while simple, was great just to get the day going on the right foot.

We got their and she didn't know how to check us in so it took a while.

My room had a ceiling that looked like it would fall down at any min.and their was a lot of kids jumping off the poolwhen they went supposed to but no one did anything about it. I was afraid someone was going to get hurt that's how they were jumping off they didn't care so we left the pool area.

Quite a disappointment...

To start with, there was no elevator access to the 2nd floor wing we were on, so we had to carry all our luggage up the stairs. This wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but we were also about as far away as possible from the pool, which was the main reason we picked the place. Secondly, both the hallways and our room had a peculiar odor, which my family identified as cigarette smoke. I denied it until I saw two cigarette burn marks on the tub edge. Then, as we were laying down to go to sleep, I looked toward the night stand, where the light was still on. I could see some sort of residue in several places on the wood of the headboard. I checked the bed my sons were using and saw the same thing. I went and got a washcloth with very hot water and thoroughly wiped both headboards down. I did look for another place to stay for our second night, but everything nearby was booked or cost much more that I was willing to pay for one night. Overall, the cleanliness of the room was poor. The breakfast was also about the worst we've had in a long time.

The location was good. There were plenty of stores and restaurants nearby, and it was close to the highway. The pool was also clean and warm.

Comfort Inn was nice for what I needed it for my two day stay. Lots of updates need to be done

The parking lot is small and had to drive around the building multiple times before finding a parking spot and had to park far away from the side door. My card didn't work, I had to swipe it like 50 times before it would let me in the doors. House keeping was upset that I stated I was not checking out till noon, I was givien dirty looks for it.

I liked the fact it was pet friendly. The breakfast was really good and such a nice morning staff!

Would definitely stay with you again.

Just a few cons. We had to request replenishment of some things in the room, BUT having worked as the business manager of a hotel/conference center, I know how important it is to be adequately staffed so they are able to provide the service they want to take pride in. Our housekeeper was wonderful, but told us she was on an eleven day stretch. I don't think staff should sit on the only bench outside the front entrance on break, smoke and complain about management, as I stood there within earshot waiting for my ride. Downsides about about the breakfast -very greasy bacon, the mass produced egg/cheese items were just wierd. Couldn't quite figure it out at first. I'd stick with hard boiled eggs so you know what they are! I am sure that these are products that the chain buys in bulk, and I get that. If you had someone to make (or source) excellent scrambled eggs, that would be great. People miss the personal interaction with staff. Know it is costly, but, hey, good eggs for breakfast are a must, in my opinion. Find something that distinguishes you from the rest and you will rock big time.

Love this place. We have come for this last two years and will likely be back next year. Love the pool and hot tub and close proximity to everything, especially Rooster's. Nice rooms and very sharp and accomodating front desk staff. Good healthy breakfast options...yogurt, fruit, cereal, pancakes.

Comfort Inn Marysville - do not recommend

When we first checked in the entire lobby smelled of smoke. The staff at the desk was very nice during the check in. We were then notified that we were on the 2nd floor but they did not have an elevator. We had to park around back to have access to our room. When we entered the door the hallway smelled of urine and smoke. When climbing the steps the odor lingered and did not go away. When we reached our room and opened the door we were meant by a very foul smell and the room was very hot. I did not even continue into the room as the smell was no longer just smoke and urine but something much worse, which made my younger child gag. I went straight to the desk and was notified we could not cancel our room due to the way it was booked but she could try and find another room. The clerk was very nice but somethings she told me were very upsetting. She said the room they gave us is their worst room and is known to have an odor. Also that even though it has been two years that where we were originally was a smoking wing in the past. I asked her why she would even have allowed us to enter the initial room if they knew how bad it was going in, but did not receive a response, just an offer of another room. We were unable to find another hotel in the area and asked her to show us the other room she had available. She assured us it would be nicer as it was near the front desk area in a better part of the hotel. When we reached the room it was cleaner and did not have the odor of the other room. We only needed to stay one night, so we reviewed the room and it appeared to be clean and would suite us for a one night stay. I would not stay at this hotel again in the future.

Staff was nice

Asthma in room with no air!

We called down to the front desk about our air not working and they refused to fix it , refused to switch our room, and refused to discount our price for leaving three people with asthma in a hot room. When we spoke to front desk in the morning after they refused to comp us money for the issues, they made every excuse why they didn't do what they should once they found out my fiance and two children had asthma.

Wouldn't recommend

Staff was rude, no towels in pool area, no coffee at breakfast, machine was broke, both mornings, no juice and water in lobby was empty. Breakfast food not replenished. When I went to check out, desk associate was outside smoking and acted like I inconvenienced her and never asked how my stay was, thanked me for staying, told me to have a safe trip home or anything else. Location was great but would not recommend.

Location was easy to find and convenient to thruway. Restaurants near by were really good. Gas station right next door.

Room was right next to stairs so in morning we were awoke by...

Room was right next to stairs so in morning we were awoke by suitcases being dragged down steps. Did not get much sleep Only half of room was made. One bed made, other bed was left unmade. Dirty towels were removed but no new towels were left.

The price is right but it is not worth it.

This motel needs a entire rework. The room smelled of smoke and there were cigarettte stains in the bathroom. The carpet was dirty and so was the sofa. The tub was covered with post sticker glue residue.

My stay was good with some items not so good.

My room smelled of stale smoke and I found a burn hold in my blanket and a place on the tub where appear to be a burnt mark. I was in the back building and at one time maybe this was a smoking unit. Now it is suppose to be a smoke free hotel. I made the reservations well advance and thought I would get a room on bottom floor but was on second floor. This unit had no elevator as the unit where the lobby was had an elevator. I visited family in the area and was out a lot of the days till late. Saturday when I returned in the evening, my bed had not been made up and this may have been due to me staying 3 nights. Not sure what happened. Finding a parking place at night was hard due to out of town things going on the weekend I was there and I am sure the hotel couldn't do anything about that.

The choices for breakfast was excellent. Hot and cold foods, bread, bagels, muffins, cereals, hard boiled eggs, eggs over hard, juices, coffee and fresh fruit. Everything was good that I ate. Area was clean and kept clean. Hotel was close to gas station, Walmart, drug stores and several eating places.

Nice but needs some updates to rooms and hallways.

Our room smelled of stale smoke. We told desk and they offered to spray air freshner but we declined. Wet towels left in sink and we called and they were removed and clean ones were put into the room. I was told that the hotel was going to be update with new carpet in near future so this should help with the smoke smell in the nonsmoking hotel.

The hotel was close to shops and drug store and easy to get to from highway. Breakfast was great, lots of choices to pick from and food was hot in warmer.

Grossed out in Ohio

Was in another building away from family members. My building had no elevator. I have a bad knee and had to do the stairs four to five times everyday. The first night when I pulled the sheets back I had about six toe nail clippings fall to the floor. It was disgusting. I told the cleaning person and all she said was yep. I'll vacuum that up.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

great place nice staff

wont say it was perfect but the staff were pleasant and that makes things seem better sometimes, but the place was actually decent and the breakfast was good, there is a gas station next door and waffle house near by as well as a shopping center, nice place and location

Dirty sheets. Staff unhelpful

They didn't clean our room. There was some kind of stain on the sheets. When I told the staff about it, they handed me a card to contact someone instead of handling it themselves.

It was close to where I was going.

Not bad for the price

2x went to the pool and no towels were out, had to ask for them and then only got 2 when we needed 3.

Evening staff was helpful when I checked in and realized I had overreached a self imposed limit on my debit card. Refunded cash I paid for my sisters card so the kids and I had cash for Columbus next day.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Comfortable room well arranged with desk, couch, king bed .

The setting and large trucks in parking lot made access along entry road and parking difficult

Comfortable room well arranged with desk, couch, king bed . Nice to have refrigerator and microwave

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Staff were friendly, appeared to want to be helpful.

The bed was comforable, although seemed small to be gueen size.

Staff were friendly, appeared to want to be helpful. (didn't need any help) Kids loved the indoor pool Enjoyed the free breakfast, waffles were yummy. Although it was a short stay, everything was as advertised.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Stuffs, especially for front people were very supportive and...

Lots of guests and stuffs were smoking in front of this hotel, they didn't smoke inside this hotel, but I was able to smell smoke in this hotel.

Stuffs, especially for front people were very supportive and helpful to me even when I had limited vocabulary. I moved to other hotel, because I don't want to feel smoking, and I want kitchen, but hospitality of this hotel might be best in the US.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

The bed was comfortable.

I was very upset with the maid service I think there needs to be a serious reform done. This staff was fabulous the facilities were comfortable the cleanliness was totally on the maids and it was lacking. I felt bad that the staff had to apologize for something that should have been done. The maid service is the first place where we see what your hotel is about and they really dropped the ball. I was given a discount but I would have preferred not having gone through changing two rooms because of 2 dirty beds. Fire em start again..plenty of people who care about the jobs they have if they dont.

The bed was comfortable. The air was easy to regulate. Warm water good pressure. Easy parking. Wonderful front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

OK stay holding funds on account

The hotel was a little out dated but clean. The main issue is check your bank account before you leave as they have taken my 2 night payments for this past month they have a hold on over £80 on my bank account that they need to release. There was no extra charges to the room or damage caused to hold the funds.

The breakfast had a good selection to choose from.

Continental breakfast was very nice.

YouTube wasn't allowed on your WiFi.

Continental breakfast was very nice.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

One of the best,

The staff, the room, the breakfast all were excellent. Great visit to Marysville. Will look forward to our next visit.

The hotel was a nice get away.

The couch was dirty and very uncomfortable.

Love the pool and the breakfast.

Even though it was expensive it was good to average hotel.

Not as clean as I would have liked

Great free breakfast

Friendly staff.

The bathroom was very small where the toilet was situated.

Friendly staff.

Trip to Columbus Zoo

Trip to Columbus Zoo

Comfortable bed, nice pool area, nice breakfast , convenient...

Small rooms, staff wasn’t very friendly ,

Comfortable bed, nice pool area, nice breakfast , convenient location, clean room,

The staff were very friendly and helpful😁

The staff were very friendly and helpful😁

Breakfast was good.

No tub. I have babies but we managed just fine.

Breakfast was good.

Great hotel

Beds were great. Room was clean and staff was great

Hot tub

Breakfast was horrible!

Hot tub

Lighting over sink not bright enough for shaving

Lighting over sink not bright enough for shaving

Overpriced

Overpriced

Very clean

Door to bathroom was hard to close

the room was nice

the room had a musty smell

the room was nice

Soft, cozy bed

N/a

Soft, cozy bed

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

It smelled like wet dog in the room.

It smelled like wet dog in the room. The sink did not drain well. It was very loud in the early morning hours.

Will stay again my 5 year old daughter really enjoyed pool.

Not much that I didn't like.

Liked that location was close to shopping ect.

The pillows were amazing!

The pillows were amazing! The breakfast was great!

My stay was clean,nice and convenient.

Pool could have been open a little longer.

It was comfortable..and very clean

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Everyone was very friendly and helpful!

Everyone was very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Hair taking over bathroom.

Lots of hair in bathroom, no way to control temperature in room.

Friendly staff, good breakfast.

new year at the Comfrt Inn

IThe staff was friendly. Our room was clean and just right gir 2 people This was our first time here and we lived it. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The room was great and the bed was comfortable.

The room was great and the bed was comfortable. The staff was nice and tried to fulfill my need the best they can.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Great Value and Comfort

Very friendly staff, enjoyed the room, comfortable bed,

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Great property Marysville.

Front desk staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Nice Place

I was pretty happy with the hotel. I can't really think of anything.

Clean room, great breakfast buffet, and very nice personable staff.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Clean room, very fast check-in and friendly staff!

To charge for a pet. On the web site it stated an extra person in the room was an extra ten dollars. But the fee for a pet is fifteen, just doesn't seem right.

Clean room, very fast check-in and friendly staff!!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Room was clean, sheets fresh.

Usually nothing to complain about but during this stay, there were two different ski clubs at the hotel that night. Even though I came down at 8:30, there was not much left at the breakfast buffet. This was unusual because we have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past and this has never happened.

Room was clean, sheets fresh. We stay here a couple of times a year when we visit our daughter in Marysville. Always clean, nice pool and a pleasant staff. The hotel is a very good value.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

The breakfast and eating area were nice and convenient.

The room(2 queen beds) was small and the bathroom sink was separate from the shower and toilet. There were pro's and con's to that setup, but the sink area was too small. The carpet was very dirty and needs to be steam cleaned or replaced. The furniture(dresser and desk) was scratched and beat up. The microwave turntable did not fit, and it banged around while in use. The small "out of the way" closet was tucked back in the corner, it had a door which was awkward and not user friendly. Would have been better off without the door. Rooms need to be updated/renovated. But overall an OK(average) experience. There was really nothing that was unacceptable to the point of needing immediate attention. I don't think I would recommend the facility at this time.

The breakfast and eating area were nice and convenient. Good variety of food. The indoor pool and hot tub were nice. Convenient indoor hallways to the pool, lobby and breakfast area. Plenty of nice big towels in the rooms. Comfortable beds with plenty of pillows.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

The housekeeping staff was great.

People not booked in rooms overran the pool. We were celebrating my 7 year olds birthday. She was kicked in the head in the pool and hit with a football that was being thrown in the pool by kids with no adult supervision. While we had our party IN one of the 3 rooms that we actually paid for people were coming in off the street to celebrate and have pizza in the pool area. There is a sign in the pool area that says no food or drink. The GM was there and never said a word. As I was leaving they asked about my stay and when I told him he had said he had those people out by 6pm. It was almost 8pm before the pool somewhat cleared out. I did not debate with him but I will not stay there again. I guess it's a better deal if you don't actually pay to stay there.

The housekeeping staff was great.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Staff was friendly and the breakfast was better than most...

There was dog hair on that fancy blanket they put on the ends of the bed. Since it didnt serve any purpose I just removed it and the second night it was replaced by a clean one.

Staff was friendly and the breakfast was better than most hotel breakfasts.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

Lady at desk when I checked in was new but sweet as pie!

Cleaning lady knocked on our door 3 times the morning of our check out so not cool😕...we needed our rest lady we are truck drivers and checkout time was not till 12 noon, she broke our sleep and we felt that we were beening rush to leave😞so we did....

Lady at desk when I checked in was new but sweet as pie!!! I liked her!! Hope she stays around!!!😆

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

The cleanliness of the rooms was really good.

Toilet needed to be flushed more than once after use, this was only an annoyance though.

The cleanliness of the rooms was really good. Value for the stay was great. Breakfast had a lot of different options. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The location, pool, and breakfast was really great.

I found a dead bug in a drawer and in our bed. On our 2nd night we came back to a clean room but a toilet full of human waste that was not created by us, as we had been gone all day.

The location, pool, and breakfast was really great.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Terroble coffee at breakfast.

Terroble coffee at breakfast. No other complaints though.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Comfort and loved the po

Comfort and loved the po

• Reviewed: 23 December 2015

Good price and convenient location.

Good price and convenient location. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

Good breakfast

no elevator

Good breakfast

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.