Reviews of Quality Inn Montgomeryville 3 stars

678 Bethlehem Pike, Montgomeryville, PA 18936, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Montgomeryville

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I can't think of anything.

I was very well pleased, the staff seemed to go out of their way to please me. I have spent about 30 years living out of suitcases. I was look forward to finding a low budget run down place, I was surprised and well pleased.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Never disappointed. I would love to see a discounted weekly rate but everyone is so friendly, rooms are clean, beds are comfy and even yummt breakfast!

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

There were annoying loud taps each morning that seemed to be coming from the door, ceiling, or floor. They woke me up both mornings. At first I thought it came from the door and my neighbor's suitcase lid banging against the door. I never figured it out, but it was very annoying.

The place seemed worn, but clean and smelled good. The bed and pillows were great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet was loose. Coffee pot was missing coffee filter holder and could not be used. The drapes looked old ,dusty and pulled partly off the curtain rod.. paint needed to be redone in hallways. Carpet looked worn and dirty. The hotel had a dirty feeling.

The front desk clerk that checked us in was very friendly despite how busy the hotel was due to the races and a concert nearby.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

We had a issue with the air conditioning not working so we had to move rooms about 1am

Very nice,clean and great price, and the staff were friendly.we reserved this room to attend our sons wedding in the area, I would definitely visit again.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Should have extra help with breakfast supplies. One person could not keep up durning the rush of people. Before the rush fine, but had a lot of people waiting on sausage, syrup, waffle mix. Need at least 2 servers.

Room was clean and nice, staff very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Worker taking cups from water cooler,dispenser and putting extra out back kinto the top while wearing dirty gloves fingers into cup!

Breakfast was fine. Selection was limited, but fine

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We would have stayed longer if we could have booked multiple nights at the discounted prices. Too risky hoping that the room you need will be available. Ended up staying somewhere else so we didn't have to pack up every day.

It was a fantastic stay. Accommodations were clean, comfy, Delish!

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

You can't book multiple days in advance at the discounted price. It's obvious the owners are jerks

Superb staff...Comfy beds....Delish breakfast... Excellent wifi

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like being accused of smoking pot in our room… And having our room searched … And being told that they were going to charge it before they checked or I let them search it but they decided not to because they were being nice ????

Liked the price and the breakfast included

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Maid services were terrible!! I found sex toys in the bedside draw!!! There was mold in the shower and old toilets thrown in the courtyard.

Cost and the gym facilities were nice.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Staff is not always extremely friendly. Helpful enough when you need something but they don’t seem concerned with being patient or nice. Carpet in room was clean but old.

Great value for your money. Clean and quiet. Small but yummy breakfast. Multiple choices of good food delivery if you don’t want to venture out. Easy to get in and out of the parking lot.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Maid service on the weekend was poor, (didn't restock supplies at all and we were totally out of coffee and shampoo in our room) and the breakfast was subpar. Peeked in at the eggs and sausage on the first morning, decided it was scary. We ended up heading out for breakfast after the first morning. The staff member stocking the breakfast items was efficient, though and nothing was in short supply. WIFI was terrible, simply terrible. I had to use my phone as a hotspot at least twice. Our shower rod was falling off the wall; impossible to close the shower curtain. Someone in maintenance needs to check the rooms on a regular basis; it was clear that the shower rod was falling out into the tiny bathroom.

Location is very central, on site convenient parking, room was close to the entrance. Easy access to roadways, shops and businesses. It's not expensive and fine for a short stay. Bed was comfy and the room big enough. Can't complain about the cleanliness; towels and sheets were gleaming white.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The smell of the hotel was a little off putting. Not horrible, but definitely a "dated" smell. Card keys needed to be rekeyed multiple times. Decor definitely outdated and a Christmas tree still up.

Breakfast options were decent. Place was clean. Staff was accommodating.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Was an awesome stay and I plan to stay again.

Everything! The staff was friendly, breakfast was amazing and the room was huge and comfy and clean. When I went to leave my car wouldn't start and the lady at the desk was nice enough to make a call to try and help us and even let us sit inside while we waited for AAA.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The lady did not inform us of any extra charge at the check-out. When we got home, there was $2.12 USD extra charge on our credit card. I wrote the General Manager via email. He said it is for the safe in the room. I email him back that it was not mentioned at the time of my booking or any display in the room. In addition, we did not use the safe. He did not reply me. Hence, I proceed to dispute the charge. the amount is small, but the principle of the matter is not. Not even a hotel in the developing world will charge guest for the safe in their room. Charging us without out authorization is another offence.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Both bedside lamps were not operational. Window curtain didn't close completely because of missing clip. Clock radio time was off by several hours and minutes and the setting buttons were not intuitive and there were no directions -- useless! Due to my meeting times I had to go to bed early, but, the door connecting my room with the adjoining room allowed a lot of noise to come through. I could hear the couple next door talking and on my second night they made love, VERY LOUDLY, at 2100 hrs and 0500 hrs and I lost a lot of sleep that night! I recommend you WARN guests before assigning them rooms with these doors that allow conversations and other noises to penetrate so freely.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Breakfast, why not to give a feeling that you are in a Hotel and not in a fast food shop?

Stuff was service-oriented and supportive! The bath was a bit aged and the silicone sealants should be reviewed. I was not used to a heating system which is such loud and blowing air out. Even low intensity is noisy. I switched it off and slept better cold but without noise. In Quality-Inn Hotels in Europe you are NOT used to get paper plates, paper cups, plastic forks and knifes, etc. But obviously this is the standard in US Quality Inn Hotels? Waffle duff dispenser run out several times. Replacement next day (after breakfast), obviously no good material planning. Every two slices of bread (only bread made of white flour), every bagle, every other baked item was wrapped in plastic. With that you don't get the feeling you eat something healthy nor that so much packaging would be sustainble for environment. You just get the impression you went to fast food breakfast and the packaging, paper plate, cup and platics forks you need to dump it into a waste basket which is steadily splling over.

No complaints!

Breakfast overall was very good especially the eggs and sausage. Location was good and handy to everything. Very clean with comfortable beds.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to move rooms twice as the tv wouldn't work. The entire "smoke free" hotel had a smell of smoke. The 3rd floor where our 1st two rooms were it wasn't too bad but the room we were ultimately moved to on 1st floor there was a strong smell of smoke.

The woman at check in was very friendly and helped get our issue resolved.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Room was very clean. No stains, rust, dust, worn carpeting, worn upholstery, etc. The bathroom was immaculate. My room (121) looked as though it was recently refurbished, and the lobby looked like new as well. I think this location was recently rebranded from a Comfort to a Quality Inn so perhaps that explains the like-new look. Breakfast choices were plenty: three cereals, scrambled eggs & sausage patties, make your own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, and pastry. No language barrier with the staff.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Although non-smoking for the past two years, the lingering smoke odor everywhere was most unpleasant. The staff would also smoke at the front door and the prevailing breeze would bring the smoke right into the hotel. The hotel was in need of general repairs; and our room carpet was not even secured down and was a tripping hazard.

Location was where we needed to be. The bed was actually very comfortable.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Weird smell on the room like someone smoked there a long time ago and the smell remains on the room

Room was recently renovated. Bed was good and bathroom was very comfortable.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Fridge wasn't working in the room, but other than that, nothing really.

Room was comfortable and quiet with a nice screen of trees outside so it was very private. Bed was very good and the pillows ample.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was only one blanket for a double occupancy room. House keeping was also overbearing.

The location was in a country atmosphere away from the city.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

AC wasn't working well. It was blowing like a fan only. Girl told me no one could help me until morning. In my suite there were black hairs in the jacuzzi tub so I didn't use that. I barely slept and was very uncomfortable. The manager only took $20 off a $130 room despite ALL these issues...AND I HAD TO DRIVE BACK TO FLORIDA!! I am SO UPSET!!!

Roomy. Bed was comfy

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The only problem I had were the guests that sat in front of the hotel smoking. I do not smoke however my husband does so I understand that people want to smoke but there should be a designated smoking area so the nonsmokers do not have to walk though smoke to go in the hotel and with that many people in front it just looked like a "hang out" spot... But other than that everything was great.

The staff was great, very pleasant, and wonderful. The room was clean. Our refrigerator didn't work in our room but when it was fixed promptly when it was brought to the attention of staff. Loved the front desk supervisor ... She was great!!

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Even though the room listed as a smoke free room, it seemed well used and smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Door was difficult to open and close due to carpet bunching up.

It was nice to have the convenience of a breakfast in the morning

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They have implemented a savvy way to charge you extra: there is a notice, near the reception area, that there is a charge for a safe. The charge is optional (you can decide not to pay it), but you have to notify the staff at your check out. I though it's a ridiculous way to earn several dollars for them and decided I would ask them the next morning not to charge for the safe. But next morning, of course, we were packing and rushing to the car, and I forgot about it. Exactly as they have planned) Let's see if they actually will charge me these $1,5.

Good place, a little dated, but clean. Check in takes long, don't know why, but for every guest in line they have to note down their home address, even though they should receive that info from booking.com

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Would have like breakfast extended to 10 or 11.

Seemed as though management valued their employees. Sign on doors to employee room: Through these doors pass the best workers in the world" or something to that effect. Nice. Desk clerks very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smokers at the entrance. Should have a designated area. I like businesses that have that or they do not allow at all.

It was a nice experience. Great location and I felt at ease there.

No complaints

Person on desk was very friendly and courteous, pleasure to deal with her. Room was excellent - clean and comfortable. Morning breakfast was more than adequate for us with great tasting coffee . Would definitely stay again when in the area.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

ROOM WAS VERY COMFORTABLE AND CLEAN BREAKFAST WAS FINE AND LOTS OF CHOICES DEBBIE THE LADY AT THE CHECK IN COUNTER WAS VERY HELPFUL AND AS I WAS TRAVELING ALONE I FOUND HER VERY PLEASANT TO CHAT WITH

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Circumstances created a change in plans, and adjusting for the change was challenging. Front desk clerk had difficulty accommodating due to using booking.com - everything from being the "only one who can help me" to "my hands are tied", to forgetting to check me out. After multiple attempts, she was able to properly address - so end result was very satisfactory.

Convenient location, parking, refrigerator & microwave in room, and wifi. Breakfast offered had sufficient variety with fresh (make yourself) waffles, which were very good. I didn't have a pet with me, but nice to know they can accommodate.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Breakfast menu should be enriched or Kitchen facility should be provided. Wifi disconnect frequently and always redirects to login page.

The hotel is Good. there is plenty of option for food restaurant. it's on main Road and through by walk, you can go there.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I absolutely enjoyed and loved my stay at the Quality Inn in Montegomeryville. I plan to stay there again and recommend it for wedding guests. My room was sooo very clean and the front desk clerk was very kind. I received many smiles from the employees I ran into. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OFFERING SUCH A PLEASANT PLACE TO STAY

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Only Fox News channel is on the breakfast room TV all the time. It's pure propaganda and it's ruining your breakfast pleasure. The volume is also too loud.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

That we received an email from booking .com saying we were all set with room reservations but when we got there , we had no reservation. Front desk could not find our name, luckily there was one room left so we paid full price and did not get the room we booked thru your co, which we were looking forward too.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

When we got in our room, there was a small bedbug on the top of the bed on the comforter. I wanted or chose that room specific for the king bed and the spa tub. We brought the bug to the staffs attention and they were able to switch our room. We still got a king room but we didn't get the king spa room, I was disappointed. There were 2 women behind the desk discussing where to put us. They were both rattling off room numbers, before coming to a decision.

It was a close location to the location of the purpose of our visit.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

That I was charged an over amount and was told it would be refunded at checkout and I was,not.

All and all, a great place to stay. We did experience some disadvantages, the television kept going out,and at check in I was charged an over amount, a glitch in the system, I believe, but, takes days to get refunded my money. Was nit happy about this. I am hoping this will be resolved without complications.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner seemed to be on its last leg, but the room was still comfortable.

The bathtub was awesome and I loved the keurig!! It was also nice to have breakfast included. The wafflemaker was great!

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The room was nice. It was very clean and comfortable. It was much bigger than I had expected too. Breakfast was very good, probably the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. It was a pretty standard eggs, sausage, waffles, and cereal setup, but it was all well done and organized. The hotel staff was all very nice and helpful. The people at the front desk handled their work quickly and efficiently but were also pleasant to talk to. When we first checked in it was late and we were exhausted, the woman at the front desk got us checked in and on our way quickly. Later on, I had a key stop working, and the person at the front desk got my key fixed, quick and simple, and she didn't even give me any trouble over it. The location was good as well. I felt safe staying here, and it was convenient for plenty of places to shop and eat. And it was close to the roller rink (we were there for a roller derby tournament). All in all, this was an amazing stay. Definitely worth the price I paid for the room. I would highly recommend it. And if I'm ever in the area again, I would happily stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a very pleasant experience in every way..Thank you!

Breakfast was very good but the selection was better at the Quality Inn near Johnson City, TN..:)

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

There was no clock in my room other than the one on the microwave. This meant I needed to have a wake-up call and that was fine. When I attempted to use the identified buttons on the phone, they did not work...but perhaps that was because although there was only one phone in the room, it was a multi-line phone and I had no idea which line.

Comfortable and convenient location. Friendly front desk personnel both when I checked in and checked out. Lovely breakfast with reasonable choices.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness of the spa. More beautification to the room. Maybe a colored devuet. Towel display was not neat. Staff at arrival was not attentive was not welcoming in the beginning only became somewhat friendly after my companion began small talk.

cant say that I liked anything

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was just perfect.

The bed was just perfect very clean very comfortable. The room was very nice and easily warmed. The bathroom was so clean. Even the view was amazing! I barely heard outside noise or even anyone walking down the halls. It was just amazing. And the staff was incredible. My car wouldn't start and one of the employees I believe was apart of the kitchen staff was amazing and was able to give my car a jump and it helped me get home.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The heater was like an airplane taking off. Only when we left did we find the sleep mode; so, it could have been quieter if we had known.

Very comfortable bed and finally a place that gives you an actual comforter and not a thin blanket! Quiet location off the busy road.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Everything was great

Love the convenience of being home away from home. The room is very clean. The staff is extra attentive. Never had a bad stay here!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

i really wish there was more sugar free (diabetic friendly) options... a lot of carbs... maybe a sugar free yogurt? or more fresh fruit or maybe fruit salad in cups?

there was a lot of options.... hot and cold

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The guest service rep stole my credit card info and used it for food and auto repair. Also, I requested a late check-out and they tried to charge me for an extra day.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

We had a late check-out and the cleaning staff was a bit loud in the hallway and kept disturbing us

The staff are very friendly and the overnight Clerk was a ball of energy and fun and answered all the questions we had and I love how clean it was and neat.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a strong smell of cigarette smoke as I entered . The room smelled horribly like a smoking room. When we mentioned that to the girl at the front desk, she basically shrugged her shoulders and said they used to allow smoking.

Wasn't impressed with this stay.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Best stay. best breakfast, specially waffles. i would like to appreciate Mr. Hary, who served us so friendly every morning for breakfast and guided area around..

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The only thing that was a little inconvenient was we had to wait to get our room because it was still being cleaned, but it was only like a ten minute wait, and I suspect they were short handed so I don't really hold it against them.

Nothing to complain about. Room was clean, staff was fine, not overly friendly but I dont hold that against them. I know all to well what it's like to work with the general public in a customer service job. Breakfast was pretty good. For the price it was a good place to stay.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Ant's in my room on the 3rd floor. Having to pay upon arrival even though I booked through you. When I left early due to the ants and had to find another hotel, I was only given money back for one night, and 10% of the night before, I had booked for 4 nights. The franchise owner was not available and left his staff to make decisions that had to be confirmed by him and he was away until Monday. I was leaving Sunday. I would never recommend this hotel.

the counter day staff ( with the exception of one person in the evening) were very friendly and helpful as they could be.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I thought the check in staff could have been friendlier

I thought the facility was clean and that the value for the money was exceptional, i.e.; wifi, breakfast, direct tv, and a clean room all for well under $100/night

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Whirlpool tub wasn't working, but I neglected telling staff until my departure.

Missing batteries in my room safe were quickly replaced when asked. Breakfast was very nice

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Did not get king bed that I booked. Very peculiar smell in room. Found baby centipede in coffee basket.

Room was available late at night after trying many hotels.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would have given 5 smiles but think that when it was a Comfort Inn you could smoke there. The lingering smell of smoke was evident in the lobby and elevator. Needs new carpet.

Debbi at the front desk was wonderful, breakfast was very nice (included in room). A very good experience, would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

there was a foul odor throughout the hotel and the previous occupant of our room obviously smoked in the non smoking room. The towels smelled like an ashtray.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Check in was 3:00pm we showed up at 5:00pm Lloyd at the front desk said our room was not ready at the time of check in after 9hours in the car.

no and no the room smelled like some one pissed in it we went out and had to get air freshers.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Our room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. We were told it was entirely smoke-free and that it always had been. Later, when we were given another room on the second floor, the "owner" told us the second and third floors only had always been smoke-free. That explained why the first floor room had the smell it did.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Lobby and room smelled of cigarettes. Key Card machine was broken so someone had to let me in the room every time I left it.

Quiet.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

could use a bit of an update

location location location!

Noisey AC Limited access to shower

Beds ok clean sheets

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The front desk girl Miranda was screwing everyone. She grabbed my junk. What a total slut . smh. This is not a joke. All seriousness

Clean

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Walking into the lobby, there is a big stain on the carpet. The floor of the lobby was very dirty.

Breakfast was good.

did not try them

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Long hairs in the bed and on the towel and on the floor no toilet paper had to go to front desk to ask for some.

Breakfast was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were hard and bathroom was too small

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I would have liked our pillows to have been firmer, and breakfast to have more selections.

Convenience was primary - proximity to our event.

Very comfortable room. Good breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good price and location, clean enough for the price.

Nothing to recommend.

The beds were really comfortable! And the staff couldn’t have been more friendly.

Everything was great