Reviews of Comfort Inn Monterey Park 2 stars

588 South Atlantic Boulevard, Monterey Park, CA 91754, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Monterey Park

Now the poor points , room wasn’t serviced for are full 3 night stay had to argue yes argue with the rude lady behind the desk who started shouting at me cause I wanted the house keeping to clean my room !! WiFi was iffy at best breakfast in the BASEMENT was also fun full house full of guest, 5 tables !!

The place at first was fantastic let me say that the poor bits just ruined the experience it’s in a good location, ok style rooms was a ok stay

Slow & old lift.Not enough tables for guests during breakfast.Scrambled eggs every day.Some variety would be good.

Convenient to have iron & coffeemaker in rm but an electric kettle will be more useful since not everyone drinks coffee.Great that there are hot & cold drinks near reception.Friendly staff, esp helpful Chinese male ? manager.

Breakfast room is in basement, eggs and sausage could be better. HD TVs, but signal is not HD (fuzzy).

Decent sized clean room. Modern air conditioner, big screen TV, good shower head, minifridge. Good continental breakfast: make your own waffles.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was clean and comfortable also had breakfast included

The property was clean ideal location for what I required the staff we're really helpful

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Small room (by US standards), only one nightstand. The staff offered no help in ridding the phone of a flashing message light

Better than average breakfast

Everything was pretty close walking distance and the rooms were great clean and fresh smell, no loud noises !!which was pretty awesome and the cost was good for including breakfast ☺️

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff is extremely rude. Called to see what the check in age is and a guy that worked there said 18 so I booked my room and I called again the week after just to make sure I can still check in and a lady answered and was very rude and said it was 21 and I tried telling her that someone told me 18 and she started yelling and hung up on me.

The room was clean and seemed remodeled.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Can hear the voice and alarm of next room. Desk chair was broken and stain was all over the seat with a look like dig out item from garbage dumpster. The owner don't even care to replace with a $25 chair to help bring up the image. I would have rated 7.5 if not seeing the chair.

Location is good. Weekend rate is good, weekdays rate is reasonable. Daily house keeping is doing a very good job. Front desk May was very experienced, we had more than 20 rooms of group reservation, she took cared without a hassle. Much better than the weekend front desk person.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Great location and value! Room was very comfortable and quiet. All amenities provided including fast wifi and hot breakfast. Happy to stay there anytime in LA.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

We didn't care for the Breakfast

The location was great. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was kind of lame. Everyone whines working there during our stay were very professional and nice

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

cleaniness of the wall to wall rug in our bedroom Door opener was not working properly Tiny breakfast room for 10 people only! Sometimes not enough food replacements

location for chinese people

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. This place is deteriorating all over. I truly can't believe with good conscious they could rent a room out to anyone in this condition.

Nothing. The room was horrible. The carpet should have been replaced 5 years ago. Terrible smell due to the old disgusting carpet.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

What could be better, a little effort to be cheerful from desk help.

Location. Clean. Access to parking lot second entrance. Did not like parking lot entrance at front door.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

They needed more space to eat breakfast

They served breakfast in the morning There beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of space in the room

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

I called the list front desk telephone number and it just keep repeating the same message. I was on the phone for over 27 minutes. I online I was unable to request veteran, senior citizen, or aaa discount. When I inquire at the front desk, the price went up. I will not be a customer you anymore. It is your lost and I will tell my family and friend to keep away from your business.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

I booked this hotel though booking.com I wasn't allowed to check in without a major credit card, even though the webiste specifically states that I would be able to pay cash upon check in. Way to ruin our day, not to mention causing panic. We were moving out of state the next morning and had our 5 year old daughter in tow, trying to book another hotel for the night. Then they still charged my credit card a full night's stay for turning me away. Never again.

I didn't really get to check in to answer this question.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

No AC the Indian man at front desk wouldn't answer when I called. The curtains were all ripped up as was the chair. The towels were not clean looking. I was hot swamp cooler is not AC. Don't stay unless is cold out.

The price and it was close to the hospital I was traveling to for work.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The breakfast is not as good as what is offered at Best Western and the eating area in the lobby is very restricted space-wise. We stayed in Room 108. The refrigerator made a strange cicada-like noise, which became very prominent at night that my wife had to get up to unplug it so we could sleep in peace.

In comparison to the Best Western hotel in the Monterey Park area on the same street, the facility is newer and better. With elevator.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

There was a strong, moldy smell when we first arrived to our room. We found two brown stains that were the size of our hands on one of the queen beds and stains on most of the pillows. We have asked the housekeepers if they could change our sheets, they had to come in and argue about the size of the obvious stains and said the sheet was clean. After arguing for couple minutes, she finally decided to change just the bed sheet. We decided to head out of town because the room was too hot, so we turn on the AC on high, thinking it'll cool off by the time we come back. We returned to our room later that evening and the room was still hot, the AC was blowing warm air and kept shutting off and on. So we ran downstairs and asked the front desk for help. We were trying to explain the AC situation and asked if there's anyone that can take a look or if we can change rooms. The front desk staff named May, she was very impolite, impatient, and have really bad customer service skills. She did not care about the situation, or try to accommodate, and kept pushing us to talk to the manager the next following day. She explained that there were customers that previously complained about the AC in the very same room and the manager already knows that it needs to be fixed a while ago. When I shared our concerns about not being able to sleep since the room is boiling hot, she responded with "so what and what do you want me to do". And when I asked if there's a fan available for us to borrow, she answered with a mocking tone "why would a hotel has a fan, there's AC in every room". We couldn't sleep the entire night due to the broken AC and strong moldy smell in the room. So we asked to change rooms the next morning, the manager may seem nice but it is not genuine. He was the one that checked us in that horrible room even though he already knew the AC needs to be fixed ASAP. We got a room switch, thinking it would be better.

I only liked the environment never disliked

Towels were grey not white. The lady at the counter the day we checked in was not friendly.

Good breakfast

It felt little bit cramped.

Good room and beds.

Alles super

N/a

Privacy

Convenient location

TV didn't work most of the time.

Clean. Good price. Good breakfast.

The price

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean

Old, small inn.

Only for business.

The front desk attendant was rude.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

There was hair on a towel and it was very noisy.

Bed was just ok.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

no p

good

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Iron board was dirty with spot all over

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Got charge after cancelling in advanced

Nothing place is a rip off

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

The night shift staff shall be improved

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

breakfast room too small.

The bed was great.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Room too close to elevator..noisy at times

Location to my family

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Breakfast area too small parking small spaces

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

No sink in tub area

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The bed. The towels were old. It hit hot in the room too although left cool air on

Location and breakfast staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

location is very nice

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

A member of staff couldn't answer questions, like "how far was the closest beach?" She replied with a shrug of shoulders and "I don't know".

Breakfast was good with lots of choices.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Although not the fault of the hotel we had no power for 12 hours. We were allotted 2 tea candles. This made quite the adventure with two 6 years old. Lucky for us we had one flashlight in one of our bags. Emergency lighting is installed throughout the property however it only worked on the 1st floor and not the floor we were on. When power was restored several of the outlets still were not working. This made a rough day for us as tablets and DVD were not charged for the day.

Staff was very friendly and manager was apologetic. Breakfast was good enough to start our day off. I would stay again if I needed too.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

staff weren't very welcoming customers and weren't professional I could see them very lazy

coffee in the room big enough room close to restaurant

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

The service is bad and the chinese lady at the reception is very rude. The carpet smell like dead cat. The cleanliness is undesirable. I have to move to new hotel down the road and cancel my stay. Awfull

nothing.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2015

- It was a mess when checking in. Reserved large group of stay. But the reservation code from Booking.com doesn't work. And the guest name of each room input at Booking.com doesn't show in Hotel system either. - Shower temperature is low.

Location location

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

Safety and security.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

The hotel and room were very clean. The area was nice and the room was a good price.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

Didn't like the staff, they are not good at all, specialty the reception guy....

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

Only one chair and it is broken, I hope have good situation chair and at list two chairs for a room with two beds.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

The noise from the other guests can penetrate the walls. Also on a busy street.

Free continental breakfast, convenient location, clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

I stayed on the first floor. I will get an upper room next time.

Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

No safe box

Good WiFi, Clean

• Reviewed: 26 March 2015

Staffs

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

wifi is little off,sometimes cannot connected

All the things is really comfortable! wonderful!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

Could hear footsteps upstairs.

Lots of stores and restaurants around and close to interstate. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

Free wifi speed is not fast

Clean & comfort

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.