Reviews of Quality Inn Mystic 3 stars

48 Whitehall Avenue, Mystic, CT 06355 , USA

#7 of 16 hotels in Mystic

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Staff was very friendly, breakfast was more than expected.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Definitely need new pillows on the bed. Dust hangings on the ceiling need to be removed. Hotel carpet does show age, could use some upgrading throughout.

Staff was very friendly, breakfast was more than expected.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Made our trip to Mystic even more wonderful!

There was nothing we didn't like.

Our room was very clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Nice amenities like small bottles of toiletries and soap, nice quality bath towels and hair drier. Was able to control the thermostat for the A/C to make it comfortable for us. Appreciated having a mini coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave in the room, as well as coffee & tea available in the lobby at all times. Enjoyed eating breakfast here all 3 days we stayed. Nice selection and quality of breakfast foods and a pleasant dining room area. Very nice and helpful staff as well. The location was very close to all the Mystic attractions, too. Would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

We had enjoyed their great breakfast including eggs,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had enjoyed their great breakfast including eggs, sausages, breads, self-making waffles, fruits, yogurt and cold and hot drinks! Great values. Also, the manager man was very helpful and reasonable on our check-out with tax-exception. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Perfect for the price and location. Would return!!

Thought check in area, from outside, was not impressive.

Breakfast was great but ran out of sausage links on Saturday morning. Enough other food so not a problem.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good value, friendly staff, and by far one of the nicest...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room had a little bit of a funny smell but the room was clean.

Good value, friendly staff, and by far one of the nicest quality inns I have been to.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

We liked everything about this place.

I have no complaints about this motel

We liked everything about this place. We were able to visit all the attractions we came to see from this location

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Overall rundown property. room smelled musty, even after I keep running ac. Washbasin was partially clogged. Bathroom faucet wont turn off completely. Chairs were filthy. Staff was inattentive. Morning breakfast was disaster, cold scrambled eggs, no bread. Staff didn't care at all.

Except proximity to mystic downtown nothing else was positive.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

our stay was very comfortable and pleasant. I would stay here again for more than 1 night.

The hotel overall had a slight musty smell and noticed as soon as entering the building.

Our room was clean and spacious with many outlets. The staff were very friendly, outgoing and gave good travel tips. The continental breakfast was excellent with a nice variety for anyone. Check in/Check out was easy and quick. Great price for a nice hotel and area.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Turned out to be a better stay than we thought it would.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel is in need of a makeover, but all that's required would be very expensive. It's not unclean, but the wear in the carpet and old worn decor make it look that way.

We felt the beds were quite comfortable, linens fresh, and the breakfast certainly exceeded our expectations.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I had to go up to Connecticut for a wedding. I would not stay there again!!!

They charged my debit card twice and then when I got the credit back they charged me to much for the room. BS!!! The whole place smelled musty. I told the girl to put one night on debit card and one night on my credit card. I didn't find out until the next morning that I was charged $418.00 twice. She didn't know what she was doing. The room was not that inexpensive either. I would stay at a different hotel next time.

The breakfast was pretty good. Room was clean

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The chocolate chip cookies provided in the evening were very TASTY!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My initial room #132 had an a/c "mold" issue and a bathtub drainage problem. I was transferred to room #264 which was newly remodeled and in excellent condition.

The staff was very accommodating. Kevin Kovalik, Kishore, and the continental breakfast staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

A good value for the money.

Coffee could have been a little stronger for my taste.

Dog friendly. Staff and guests were pleasant. Staff was helpful. I would come back anytime. A wonderful hotel for the money. Good value.

Location was great.

There was an odd smell in room as well as main lobby and our toilet wouldnt flush properly

Location was great. Right off the highway. Staff was friendly and helpful. When we called about our toilet issue they sent someone immediately to fix it

For value that exceeds price in Mystic - New London area - this is the spot

I've stayed in a number of places in New London while working in the area - some had lower prices but they were awful and had many issues. I stayed in one that was a higher price and that more expensive place did not compare in quality, cleanliness or friendliness - My stay is for work so i didn't stay in one of the exclusive places so can't compare to those. For the money this is truly the best. However with regard to the staff - I can not imagine anyplace to be more helpful, more informative or more friendly. The staff at this place are truly the best.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Wonderful Stay

The Manager Kevin and his staff were very friendly. They were very helpful. Breakfast was great and we enjoyed our cookies and milk at 8:00. The room was very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We will be back next year!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

It was just a quick overnight stay.

Green bedspreas was quite wrinkled. I was very disturbed by the hair in the sink. It was a small pile of hair that may have come froma man trimming his beard or mustache. How was this missed. Saw some mold in shower/tub. This hotel is very dated.

convenience. The Front Desk hostess, Crystal was wonderful, friendly and helpful. The staff very friendly in general.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty, bathroom bowl overflowed Breakfast was ok no eggs and potatoes left I had to tell the kitchen and was told 10 minutes before food would be out

In the mystic area of shops and casinos

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Really nice place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom does not have an exhaust fan for when you take a shower and large amount of steam build up. Bathroom toilet kept clogging. Called front desk, maintenance came right away to unclog the toilet, it happened three times.

The price, friendly staff, compliantly breakfast.

Would not give AAA or senior rate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would not give AAA or senior rate. Felt I was over charged compared to others. Pretty much I blame booking.com for they said they could not give a reduced rate because I booked with them. Will no longer use booking.com.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Everything else was wonderful,very friendly staff what ever...

No exhaust fan in bathroom,microwave had to stay unplugged otherwise it would keep beeping.

Everything else was wonderful,very friendly staff what ever you needed they got for u quickly,very informative of the area.

I'd been to this location several years ago and the new...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I'd been to this location several years ago and the new management has done a beautiful job of upgrading the rooms. New bathroom, great mattress. Thanks for a relaxing stay.

Would go back as was very centrally located for many different attractions
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner in the building itself, like hallways was not working, but they were working in the rooms so it was just a liittle muggy on the walk to the room. Used booking.com and when checking in I asked if I couldpay in cash at the end of the stay, they said yes. When checking uot I was informed they put all on my credit card and would change it and take cash, but it woukd not show as coming off my card for a few days.. not quite what I was told upon check in. Have had too many problems in the past with double pay.

The staff was friendly and inviting. The pool looked nice and was busy. Very close to any given attraction. 20 minutes to most beaches, 20 minutes to Mohegan Sun, next door to aquarium. I liked that it offered breakfast, but it was in a small alcove and we waited 20 minutes in line before just leaving.

Good value, but be aware of moist in the lower level units.

I guess that due to my unit be located on the floor level, it was a little humid, with a damp smell, even with the AC on 24/7. You could feel the moist in everything you touched.

I picked this hotel based on the location and the quality of its fitness center. It also featured a pool, but I did not have the opportunity to use it. My unit was a street level unit, it was a good size, featuring comfortable bed, one sofa, coffee table, real table and chair. The fitness center was decent for a hotel one, with some creativity, I could get my sets done.

Staff was friendly.

Honestly the one thing that we didn't like was the noises that we heard from upstairs in the hallway? Sounded a little like elephants or even people wearing armour up there.

Staff was friendly. Food was decent. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Quality Inn Mystic CT Stay, in early August 2018

There was a strong smell on the first floor like somebody cooked fish in the hall. Pool was small and unsupervised with sever older children doing cannonballs and splashing older adults without regard to their safety even with a sign that read no diving. Pool yard was overgrown with tall grass. Pool furniture was well worn. Kids were running upstairs over our room well after midnight.

Property location.

Reasonable, clean and confortable. A good choice.

Breakfast was something I skipped once I had seen what it was about. I missed fresh fruit and better quality cereals. But I suppose it was just right.

Rooms were sizeable and beds and pillows really confortable. The place was quiet other than the noise made by families on their holidays. There was a safe in the bedroom and an ice machine in the corridor. Staff was helpful and professional. Nice little gym and outdoor pool. Conveniently located to visit Mystic, Sesport and the area.

HORRIBLE

The bathroom had hair all over, the bed was so uncomfortable our backs were hurting in the am and could hardly walk. the furniture was dirty and torn, We left in the middle of the night because we could not take the kids in the halls another night!!

No one in the pool because the grass is grown all around furniture.

Great price...great stay!

We found a great value! Our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again in the future!

noise all night long, doors closing all night long, paper thin walls and floors, find something else

walls and floors are paper thin could hear the people above us get up and use the bathroom, when they flushed their toilet it sounded like a waterfall in our bathroom. could hear people running/walking and talking down the hall at 1 am. could hear doors close all night long, everything kept me awake.. would not recommend to anyone

the room was clean the hallways smelled good housekeeping does a good job, Breakfast was ok not bad

Overall positive experience. Would stay here again.

Minor but important details...mirror in bedroom area not cleaned and some build-up on the shower wall behind the rail. Good breakfast selection, however eggs get very watery from all of the steam in the serving dish.

This hotel is in a nice location. Close to restaurants and attractions. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Eggs appeared to be powdered and had no flavor.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only issue for me was the entry and lobby area seemed sterile and not welcoming. The people were nice but I didn't like seeing the property mananagement/maintenance door open work room with tools etc.

Eggs appeared to be powdered and had no flavor. The beads were comfy but the blankets were poor quality. I attributed that to it being a pet friendly room.

You're welocme here

The ice machine was on the first floor and we were on the second. But now we are nit-picking.

We were warmly received and the clerk gave us great ideas for places to eat. The refrigerator had a freezer section which allowed us to refreeze our ice packs. Good chocolate chip cookies in the lobby. They had complementary bikes and helmets operated by a local charity. Of course we gave a donation and used the bikes. The room and bed was comfortable and the desk chair worked with the desk.

For the money I paid I expected a much better experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No fan in the bathroom. Shabby appearance of guest room. Holes in wall from an old fixture that had been removed. Air conditioner seemed weak. Air quality seemed poor even with the a/c. Curtains didn't close all the way and we were on the ground level. The size of the pool was exceedingly disappointing and the water was cloudy.

There was not an overpowering smell of air freshener a as there often are in hotel/motels theses days. The continental breakfast was good although the coffee was weak!

It was a pleasant stay. Always great to get together with my family.

Nothing. All was fine.not getting my Choice discount. I paid more for my rooms than I should have.

Everything was just fine. Breakfast was convenient. Staff very friendly.

Wonderful

Nothing everything was perfect

Staff was wonderful!!! The person at the front desk was great very professional and helpful I can’t remember his name but we checked in on July 2018 at around in the evening after 8 pm . Just started. Working there Great choice

Great affordable clean place to stay

My reservation wasnt confirmed on their end from booking com. They did find me a room by the time I checked in. An upgraded on. Thanku

Close to downtown mystic. Very clean

What is OK for just one night

Room was not ready even though we requested early arrival room smelled like smokers were in there I had asked for a king bed and we got two queen’s bathroom does not fit well and soundproofing was terrible could hear everything above us

The towels were clean the bed was clean breakfast was OK

Even though the room needed some superficial repairs to...

There were holes in the walls where they took out the older wall mounted lamps but didn’t refill the holes .

Even though the room needed some superficial repairs to make it look nicer , the room and bathroom were very clean and the staff were very nice.

In general the stay was good would return and recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dogs barking on both days and nights in the hallway by our room should have been avoided owners and pets in different location

Breakfast was good variety and quantity was sufficient room had all that was necessary and good location for food and entertainment.

Beds were comfortable, staff were friendly, though not able...

We had a confirmed reservation for one king bed room, but they only had a two-full-bed room to offer. Beverage machine on 2nd floor was completely empty (of 1$ coins as well as drinks apparently) and did not return my 2 dollars. Manager seemed surprised that it was empty.

Beds were comfortable, staff were friendly, though not able to correct a couple of issues. Manager did give me the $2 I lost in beverage machine. Breakfast included.

It is served a purpose.I needed one night stay in a clean and decent place.

It served a purpose. The weekend I stayed there hotel in the town was very expensive and the Quality Inn was the best price. If I was traveling in Europe I would have got much more for the money.

Arrived at 11:30 pm.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Arrived at 11:30 pm. Room was extremely hot, the air was not on and wasn't working properly. And although it is a non-smoking hotel, our room smelled heavily of smoke.

Well first off the staff was exceptional and at 8 p.

The bed wasn't very comfortable time to get rid of the spring mattresses.

Well first off the staff was exceptional and at 8 p.m. we looked forward to the cookies and milk. Thanks for the memories.

Great location, great staff.

Great location, great staff. The rooms we're nice and clean. If you don't want to walk to far there's a restaurant fine dining right there and a pizza place across the street. Mystic aquarium is right down the street. Walking wise the hotel and aquarium are about 15 minutes. I plan on spending a visit again soon!

Great Place to Stay!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only setback and it isn't a major one, there is only ONE elevator which makes it a bit difficult having to use the stairs with luggage on hand.

The front desk clerk was very friendly, check in was speedy and the room assigned to us was clean. Overall property is kept up nicely.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Mystic.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dated somewhat with several marks on the walls, and ceilings that needed repaired. There was also a slight musty odor, and the bathtub drain was very slow. The overall 8.6 review that was given to Quality Inn, we believe was a little misleading.

The location is great. The price was affordable, and it was a quiet, peaceful two night stay. The Quality Inn in Mystic is close to the Aquarium and the seaport activities which we were interested in. The breakfast was good, and the staff at the Quality Inn were very friendly. We had to leave a day earlier than expected, and Quality Inn did not charge us for the third night, which we appreciated very much.

Great place to stay in Mystic area

Really no complaints at all, but would be nice if they could add an exercise bike to the workout room for folks who have knee or other problems that make treadmills or steppers hard for them to use.

Facility was much nicer than we expected. It was easy to park near room. Staff was helpful and friendly (ex. warned us at check in that keeping room key card near your cell phone would demagnetize the key card, a problem some reviewers had complained of here). King room was spacious, looked like pictures online, and it was a treat to have a real sofa, fridge, microwave and desk with adjustable chair. Bath was clean and well kept, as was all of the rest of the property. This is not a luxury property with high end furnishings but we’ve stayed in much more costly rooms in Mystic that were not as well maintained or comfortable as this one was. Really nice to have breakfast served for such long hours as well and we noticed that hot items were refilled. Freshly made waffles from the do it yourself waffle maker and scrambled eggs were delicious. There was coffee in the lobby every time we checked. And location is convenient to drive to attractions in Mystic and to highways to nearby destinations.

Location was convenient for what we wanted to see.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The entrance to the lobby smelled like cigarettes so that did not cast a good first impression. There is a sign asking people not to smoke by the door, but some must ignore that. Fortunately the rest of the property did not have this problem and seemed truly clean. The room needs a cosmetic refresh to address peeling wallpaper. Some weird design choices like two large mirrors placed right next to each other. The floor of the tub could use a resurface to address the dingy look. But again, it was clean! And for the price you can’t expect the Ritz. Consider the price in comparison to others on the strip and appreciate the value, friendly staff and overall cleanliness and you will likely be satisfied.

Location was convenient for what we wanted to see. The property was is a little worn around the edges, but for the price we felt it was a good value. The beds were comfortable and the linens smelled really clean. All of the staff was really friendly! Especially to my two small children. They all genuinely seemed to care that we enjoyed our stay. Impressive.

The breakfast was great and staff were very friendly.

That housekeeping was knocking at my door starting at 9:15am

The breakfast was great and staff were very friendly. The location of my room was perfect and that I couldn't hear the people beside me at all

I'd definitly go back.

The pillows were so soft. I wish I had them at home. Breakfast was amazing as always. Everyone was eager to be of help. I was placed near an exit so I could walk the dogs easily. Pool was clean and had towels. Loved my stay. Badabook badaboom!

A Good Place to Stay in Mystic

The room refrigerator needed to be cleaned--it didn't work very well also.

Extremely friendly and helpful front desk ladies. The room had a very good decor.

Relaxing

Nothing needs improvement

We are treated so well every time that we stay here That is why we would not think. of staying anywhere else Great staff clean rooms and a good breakfast included we will be back soon

I enjoyed my stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to go get the key reactivated each nigh of my stay.

The staff went out of there way to be accommodating. The kitchen staff provide us with breakfast after the hours on Monday. True customer service

Extremely pleased

Had to reset keys, kept demagnetizing

It was clean and green...coming from New Mexico..(lot more brown). The staff from moment we got there till the moment we left was wonderful... breakfast was great...made you feel at home. Thank you!

Good overall. Cleanliness, service and comfort all great but price was high for a very standard room

bathroom was small, refrigerator was tiny and could not accommodate more than a few small items

coffee at continental breakfast was great; food was good bed was comfortable

Fantastic weekend getaway.

Great proximity to all kinds of sights, fantastic staff regardless of hour and need, simple but delicious breakfast. 100% my wife and I will be back.

The breakfast offered a wide variety and was tasty.

No TV guide on TV and was not able to watch the NY Mets - was able to at DAYS Inn. The pillowa and the mattresses were too soft.

The breakfast offered a wide variety and was tasty.

The room was very clean.

The room was very clean. Very comfortable bed. The breakfast was average. I have paid double the money for the same holding room. I recommend this hotel for sure.

Mystic

Stuffy and hot, didn't seem like the unit cooling system was working properly. Drapes didn't shut all the way. Booked a king room only to arrive to learn only doubles were available. Booking.com was blamed for this. Bathroom tub was grubby.

Comfortable beds, room has a refrigerator and a microwave.

I read the reviews & booked...I wasn't expecting the Ritz but, thought it'd be like Holiday Inn-ish

Its like they put together the place the cheapest way possible...vert,weak!

The place is fair - - at best. Never have stayed at Quality Inn & won't again.

Overall we had a very pleasant experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have liked to close the curtains in the room instead of just the shears for privacy.

Staff was excellent. We will finitely be back. We had a great experience.

I really like this Hotel

That I can only stay one day, I didn't have time to take advantage of the gym or the pool, which both look very inviting.

I've been here a couple of times & I've always found that it was the best deal around & the location is great (smack in between the ocean & casino) & the staff & customers are always positive!

Good location, good value for the money, and free cookies in...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The scent of the cleaning products lingered and since the windows don't open there isn't an easy way to air the room out.

Good location, good value for the money, and free cookies in the evening to boot. I would certainly stay here again.

Comfortable and quiet.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff was a little bit TOO attentive...BUT I understood since I am disabled and used a rollator Walker they ALWAYS wanted to help! Very nice!

I got a great price for my stay!

Not bad

The bed was not very comfy, my husband and I had trouble falling asleep with them, sad they did not have an indoor pool.

The bedroom was large, staff was very welcoming and kind. The room was clean and the bathroom was spacious. overall it was ok, breakfast was not bad at all. very close to a lot of attractions.

Nice hotel in a prime location of Mystic.

Nice hotel in a prime location of Mystic. Easily accessible. Front desk staff were very friendly! Stayed in the king size room, decent room and comfortable stay.

I highly recommend this hotel for affordability, cleanliness, security, delicious breakfast!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

24 hour check in I checked in after midnight and the check in manager was very cordial. She took the time to ensure the third party booking price matched my charge. The hotel felt safe and secure. The breakfast was delicious! Check out time is 1100 am which was wonderful after a late night out.

Highly recommended
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfy and clean. Breakfast was good, lots of choices, and a separate coffee display made grabbing (multiple) cups easy, thank you! I stayed at a Quality Inn when I went to Los Angeles last year, the exact reason I sought them out for this trip. I can say the quality is consistent on both sides of the country!

Location in a good place staff really friendly.

Location in a good place staff really friendly....that being said when we walked into our bed room it smelt like cigarettes and perfume like some one was trying to hide the smell, The room was clean when we walked in but didn't feel clean if that makes sense and the key cards didn't work when trying to get into the room. We didn't notice till day 2 of our stay but there was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom because there was no fan in the bathroom...I don't think we will be staying here on our next visit

We had an emergency at home and had to leave in a rush at...

We had an emergency at home and had to leave in a rush at 10:30pm, they graciously refunded the second night before we even asked not too many service related industries do that,,,,, kudos to this hotel for taking care of us in our time of need.

They do it right!

We love this hotel because when we arrived we were given a special rate for people who had lost power in the Nor’easter! We will stay there every time we are in Mystic (and we are there quite a bit). Any company that treats their customers like this Quality Inn is doing it right.

Great stay. Definitely woyld stay again.

Nothing. It was a great stay.

The front desk staff was amazing. They were so helpful and friendly. Loved them all. The bed was so comfortable we didn't want to get out of it. The breakfast was delicious. Definitely would stay there again.

I did in the above question..

Nothing...

Clean, comfortable, great breakfast, good price.and friendly staff......What more could you ask for.. I recommend Quality Inn to all travelers.

Very nice!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our toilet paper holder fell off!!!would defentley would come back!!!

Everyone was so nice!!! The room was very clean, and the beds were do comphy!! We really liked the breakfast, and coffee alot!!! Thanks everyone!!!! CUDOS!!!

OK but
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Outdated and would not recommend for someone who can't walk a very far distance. Elevator located on one end of a long building. Door at end of building wasn't working properly. Burn marks on curtains..smoker in non smoking room?

Free breakfast. Good location.