Reviews of Comfort Inn North Conference Center 2 stars

1213 East Dublin Granville Road, Columbus, OH 43229, USA

#61 of 98 hotels in Columbus

Room smelled musky. Was located off the beaten path. Food was about 15 min away. Trailer parking was located across street in a gravel lot.

Pool was ok

You get what you pay for..we got into our room and opened the curtains only to find a brick wall as our "view". Definitely needs updated. An air mattress would be more comfy than the beds. And make sure you don't leave valuables in your car. The neighborhood wasn't the best.

It worked for what we needed it for. We weren't in the room throughout the day, we were visiting for Rock on the Range, so just needed a place to sleep.

I had booked two queens and instead got two doubles. The toilet in the room didn’t work they did send a maintenance man right away he got it to work but only temporarily the toilet ran all night.

The hotel and the room were clean everyone was friendly. The breakfast was very good and the person working the breakfast did a great job of keeping everything refilled and clean.

There was a dead fly on the ceiling of our room. The women’s bathroom in the lobby was filthy and one of the toilets was clogged the entire time we stayed. Stained bed sheets.

The bed was not comfortable, the air conditioner made the room constantly humid, to the point our bed felt soaked every time we got into bed, and the bathroom had no fan, so every time we showered, no matter how hot or cold it filled up with so much steam you couldn’t see a few inches in front of you, and it took forever to clear out. We also witnessed staff yelling at guest, the guest was calm so not sure what was going on there. Also DO NOT waste your time trying to use actual dollar bills in the vending machines, pretty sure we spent almost an hour trying to get it to take a dollar and it never worked.

The pool was great, we enjoyed that. The room was clean but that’s about it.

Place was dirty. None of my electrical outlets worked neither did the TV. There was a broken light bulb in the lamp that was not change and still in the light socket. There was wrappers and beer bottle caps still in the room from the last person. Overall this was a very dirty place.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They didn't have our reservation. So that was your fault booking.com!!!! But they were able to accommodate us with another room it was just a single king size bed instead of the two queen size beds we reserved. The pool was not heated and rather cloudy looking. The breakfast was pretty good was a positive.

They need a new cleaning crew.

We requested they clean our room again because the bathroom was dirty. We were also awakened in the middle of the night by a fire alarm without cause. No explanation given or apology by the establishment at checkout.

The room was dirty - there was an old piece of pizza in the corner of the room. Additionally, the fire alarms were going off without reason. Once at a normal time of day and then at 4:30 in the morning lasting about 45 minutes. They finally shut it off and everyone got back inside and settled and it started going off again for about 15 seconds. No discount was offered at this property for dragging everyone out of bed.

For the most part everything seemed clean, however, our room could have used a little more TLC from housekeeping. There was a gummy bear under the edge of our bed. I also dropped something behind our nightstand when I picked it up it had a hair on it that was long while my partner and I both have short hair.

The property looks nice and updated. Very quite which I would say is mostly attributed to it seemed like people who were travelling for work were staying there. I would definitely stay again

There was hardly any water pressure in the bathroom. This apparently was the case in the entire hotel so we had to go to the gas station next door to use the restroom. The shower was covered in small black hairs and some of the washcloths had Ear wax stains on them. The room itself seemed clean but we noticed mysterious stains on the walls as well.

The beds were relatively comfortable and the breakfast was better than expected.

Workers working outside our room early in morning were very loud. Thought bit rude to start I know repair are needed and such but should take in account that your guests paid for a room and should start later

Location. Size of room. Clean. Amenities. Staff was very nice. If your looking for up to date fancy place that not here. But if your like me not worried about that andlooking for nice staff and clean Good area with location this is it!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked because they had a pool but the pool was closed, we were never notified and no discount was given. The bed skirts were dirty, the toilet in the room ran for 10 minutes after being flushed, the room had a mildew smell, and TV channel listing was out of date.

The hotel was convenient to the interstate and the bed was very comfortable.

Pool was so cold , the area around the pool so cold , the restrooms was unclean , house keeping kept knocking the door every half an hour for check out and we already informed check out will be at 1 pm

Smell of the room. Paint chipping off in bathroom. Top bedspread had stains on it. Big bug by the door as we left. I will not mention the type of bug. I’m also catching on that when you don’t book directly through hotel you get 1st floor rooms. Stayed only 1 night.

Eggs were premade so no not fluffy. Bed was good.

Continental breakfast. Specifically, the eggs and sausage were gross, the biscuits were rock hard and the boiled eggs looked like they have been sitting in the fridge for months.

Bed was comfy, staff friendly.

I was disappointed that the pool wasn't heated. The water was a bit cold for myself, but my children (ages 4 & 7) really enjoyed it.

The hot breakfast was an excellent spread. There was plenty of food and it was delicious.

The breakfast was excellent. We thought it would be a continental, but there were eggs, sausage, sausage gravy, and biscuits, etc. Only suggestion is to have flavored coffee creamer.

While I definitely don't need to be treated like an octogenarian it was a pleasant surprise to find you have rooms especially designed for the age handicapped. While I prefer my egg yolks a little on the runny side it was unusual to find eggs cooked so they could easily put in a sandwich if so desired.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was small. Didint have enough help to deliver things to room. Very stingy on towels was question on why i needed more rags in towels

The pool was nice in warm

Ants were in our bathroom, told the management did nothing the first time I told them! I had to go back! I young man came and looked at the area, he sprayed and vacuum area! They said they would move us next door at noon but it never happened! I informed them that the ants were back and that we were supposed to be moved! A different lady management came to inspect the bathroom late that evening and moved us to room 110! Of course the keys didn't work to get in the room! We finally got into the room, only to see ants in that room!!! I had to leave for a while and told management I wasn't happy and would talk to them once I returned! My Sister's are elderly and I didn't want to keep having them move so much and it was late so we went to sleep! Next day I had to leave my sister's most of the day, once we came back from dinner to get new keys to a different room, we got our things moved down the hall to realize that the keys don't work!! This Manager had know compassion for us! I have really bad anxiety about bugs, so much so I couldn't use the restroom and couldn't use the shower! Other than staying in the bed it was a very bad experience! We should have been refunded or credited for a stay that was not relaxing or peaceful! My sister's said while I was gone there were people fighting and arguing across the hall, they had to get the management twice and it made my sister's very nervous and uncomfortable!!! Too much drama and too many ants!!! People Smoking inside the building, I almost had an Asthma attack! I was locked out when I came back in from working, my key wouldn't let me into the hotel or my room!!! I have serious injuries and I try to make the best of things but this was over the top the worst experience!!

The bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Weak shower head No bathroom fan Nasty coffee for the in room coffee maker

Extremely courteous staff Free bed upgrade upon arrival clean rooms/bathroom super soft mattress /pillows nice furnishings in the room good sized fridge close to interstate

There were ants and bugs crawling all over the bathroom. There were holes in the walls. There was dirt all over the walls. The heated pool was pretty cold to be heated. The pool bathrooms were dirty and smelly. The pool towels barely fit around my 4 and 6 year old, let alone an adult. Upon arriving there were 2 people at the desk, one was on the phone, but the other person who was on the computer just looked at us and then put their head back down and ignored us.

The price was right. The breakfast was nice. I asked for a room close to the pool and they grated that request. The complimentary snacks and water were also appreciated.

My room was dusty and dirty not cleaned very well ! Found condom sock and garbage behind night stand! Room was very far and had stairs to get to. Not a great time I have knee issues! Pool was very dirty

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls are thin and my drunk neighbors were up until 6am being so loud that we couldn’t sleep and we had a competition the next day to compete in and really needed our sleep that night! When we tried to call to the front desk the phone didn’t work! It was so miserable the tolite was loud and kept running the door made a squeaking noise and our door to our room didn’t want to open with our key card. We ended up switching rooms and in that room the bathtub was clogged and after my daughter took a shower it took nearly 2 hours for the water to drain when we tried to call to get it fixed once again the phone in the second room didn’t work. Me and my mom just decided to wait until we went home to shower because we were so annoyed and didn’t have the time to wait. I especially didn’t like when I complained about the noise from the fist night the lady at the front desk said well someone paid like 1,500 to have a party so basically they didn’t care about the noise. People were shouting down the hall to try and get these people to be quiet and it didn’t work.on the second night I was woken up to the fire alarm going off at 8:30 am for no reason! This has such a miserable experience and because of the event in town the prices were all jacked up I paid a lot of money for a two night stay in a miserable hotel and they dont even offer to reimburse you for anything! I will continue to let everyone know to not stay here!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The keys stopped working, no one cleaned the room, the door opened on its own if you pushed hard enough, the pool was gross, the staff entered the room for no reason and scared my child.

Bed was comfortable

Only had one person at the desk and it is a big hotel, the phone just rings and rings and when you finally get someone they are very short with you. More than likely is because they are so busy....

Great breakfast and nice rooms

The front desk needs more people. They only have one person at The front desk and only one person to answer phones. The keys don't work well. Parking is awful, semi trucks take up most of the parking lots.

The breakfast is good, the rooms are nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We got stuck in Columbus in an awful snowstorm. Found ourselves close to this facility, booked a room online and hoped for the best. This was a clean, quiet, economical, and safe feeling place to spend a night. Comfort Inn made a bad night in an unexpected location into a quiet, restful night.

Considering the price, facilities exceeded our expectations. Breakfast area was large and the food was abundant and well prepared. Would return if in the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The heat was not on when we got into the room, so we came in from the cold into a cold room. Bathroom floors were cold even after room warmed up. Shower head didn’t seem to be working properly.

Room was clean. Beds and pillows were comfortable.

Dated, not the cleanest. Strong air freshener in the hallways. Pool area was freezing. Blankets were too thin, low water pressure in the shower.

Nice breakfast, quick check in.

It was clean but I felt it could've been a little cleaner. Something fell on the floor that I needed to pick up and they obviously didn't vacuum under the bed. The carpet throughout and lounge furniture is a little worn but again overall I would say I was satisfied with the cleanliness. I would stay there again.

The staff was friendly and helpful. It was fairly close to the event I traveled for as well as places I decided to go.

Offer rooms with a handicap accessible bathroom with 2 queen beds. Most handicapped individuals will have a traveling companion. In our case, there was 3 of us, one needed a handicapped accessible bathroom, but since there was 3 of us sharing a room, 1 King size bed would not work. I also noticed this hotel had a 2nd level, but no elevator to access it, only stairs.

we were close to the door and to the pool area. The breakfast was very good. Beds were comfortable

It was in a questionable neighborhood, but it was pretty quiet. I don't like firm beds much, but I did get sleep.

I liked it was right off the highway and was a decent price. Had all of what I needed in a room for the night.

The breakfast was pretty bad. The hotel did provide a large selection of food to chose from, which provides you with more options, but none of it tasted good in my opinion. My some and fiance didn't care to much for the food either. However, it is nice that such a large breakfast is provided.

The beds were amazing. They were SO comfortable! The blankets that were on top of the beds were like clouds!! The hotel rooms were very clean also which was a plus! Our room was accommodated with a mini refrigerator and a coffee pot. That was nice and convenience.

Honestly - nothing. I enjoyed the stay!

The beds were very comfortable, hotel was very clean, staff were incredibly kind. The indoor pool was warm and clean. Wifi worked wonderfully and was free. Parking was free, which is always a good thing when you travel on a budget. Hotel was well worth the price.

There wasn't a lot of parking and semis took up most of the spaces there were. The room was not very clean, trash on the floor, dirty walls, strange odor, grungy bath tub

The breakfast was good. Staff was friendly and fast b

The bathroom outlets were so worn you had to keep pushing the blow dryer plug end back in if I moved

The beds were very comfortable and room was clean the pool wasn't overcrowded everything easy to find very quiet and peaceful stay.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The first room was dirty then was moved to the second room with dirty blankets. I was told they would bring clean ones and never did. They said they were fully booked and did not have any additional.

The friendly staff

The location was ghetto and sketchy people around the area .i didn't like parking my car in the back because I didn't want car getting broken in too

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

I am traveling for work. I need a clean, quiet place to sleep. I need a hotel staff that is professional. I found all that at this Comfort Inn, (Room 129). I am happy and grateful. The manager Amul and staff, Jennifer, were awake and professional when I arrived late after a long and difficult day. They each deserve a gold star. I will return to this Comfort Inn every time I am in Columbus, Ohio. Forget all about the extra “perks” and other gimmicks, if the hotel is not CLEAN, then the place is a dump. Your Comfort Inn was clean. I know. I was a custodian for four years while a student in college. Some college students are absolute freaking animals. Short Story: a few weeks ago, I spent the night is a corner room on the twentieth floor of the Hyatt Regency downtown Columbus, Ohio for $169.00 plus tax. The room was no cleaner than the room at Comfort Inn. However, one tenth of a mile East of the Hyatt Regency, is the Columbus Fire Station #1. It has lots of fire trucks and ambulances. So, two to three times per hour, ALL NIGHT LONG, a fire truck with sirens blaring, left fire station #1. Even from 20 stories up, it sounded like the fire trucks were in my room, knocking me right out of bed . I might as well try to sleep on the median of State Route 77. That is why I am happy and grateful to have found Comfort Inn North on Dublin-Grandville Rd. See you soon. Stephen Stone

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Toilet broken. Unable to flush and it ran all night. My husband was up during the night trying to fix it.

The desk clerk was nice. She even came to try to fix our broken toilet.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Some sheets had small holes in them. Pool needs some work. View from window was a brick wall and made me uncomfortable in case of an emergency as the window did not open and space between room and brick wall was minimal.

staff, location, breakfast choices were awesome, clean sheets, comfortable beds, room was clean

We experienced no dislikes.

First time for us staying at a Comfort Inn. We were fortunate to have experienced a courteous staff, clean facility and comfortable bed. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Breakfast wasn't too bad if you didn't eat the eggs and sausage. A good variety of breakfast items, however, to fill our stomach to start the day.

Clean room, friendly courteous staff, pool was nice. Establishment was clean during our stay for Quarter Horse Congress. We would stay again.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

The staff was awesome! Very courteous and went way out of their way to make our stay as great as possible!! We will definitely book there next year!!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

The only negative thing was that the tub didn't drain very well.

We found the location very convenient as we were down for the All American Quarter Horse Congress held at the Ohio state fairgrounds. The beds were very comfortable and the bottled water in the room was a nice added touch. Breakfast was very good with lots of variety. We found the staff very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

On first floor and air conditioner was blowing curtain out away from window. I set a chair against it so mo one could see in.

Clean, Clean. Very clean. Zak at front desk was super nice.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Needs updating. The carpet evidently had just been shampoo and was still very wet.Had a very strong chlorine smell. Found a long black hair on the bath towels.It was announced at breakfast by someone that some cars had been broken into the night before, fortunately ours was not one of them.

Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I did not like the poor security on the property. My vehicle along with several others were vandalized. The security camera was covered by a tree and my vehicle info was not taken down so I didon't not learn of the incident in a timelyear manner

The rooms were well appointed and clean

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Cold breakfast. Had to heat everything that I took from the Warmers in the microwave. Food was good though.

Room was spacious. Staff was very nice. It was a plus having a microwave, refrigerator and complimentary snacks.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Large bug in hallway, Found a bug in bed, pool was foggy, bathroom wasn't the cleanest, front desk wasn't very friendly

Room was nicely decorated

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Happy with everything

Clean, comfortable. Good breakfast, got a good price on booking.com, well worth the money. We spent time in Columbus for the Ohio State Fair, and a little sight-seeing, and this was a convenient base. Lots of restaurants nearby. Pleasant welcome from Zac at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Poor water pressure in the shower. Tub didn't drain properly. Whole shower surround needs updated... recently painted but still not very attractive.

Room was ready when we checked in. Appreciated the mini refrigerator and complementary bottles of water and snacks.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

the bathroom was small. the water in che swimming pool was too cold. I talked to other guests and they said the same. the room was a little small. the toilet seat was loose and wobbly. and sink drain ran slow.

the bed was quite comfortable. for the most part, it was a very clean room.

The room wasn't clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of the room. Hair was found in the bathroom and sheets had stains.

Door stuck several times

Very clean. Friendly staff

Breakfast was fantastic!

The room was non smoking but smelled like an ash tray. The comforter was stained

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was dirty. Stains on washcloths and blankets. 3 fire alarms in one night!

Bugs in the bathroom Hole in bathroom ceiling above tub - Rm 111 Stained and old carpeting

Location near I - 71 and business facility.

Next to a very busy highway

Pool wasn't working, hall ways were not clean

Service, door did not lock properly.

Price

No kleenex in the room and no pool towels by the pool

Price, breakfast included

Cleanliness

Outside area could have been cleaner.

Bed was comfortable and enjoyed breakfast

The room wasn’t very clean.

Hole in sheet stuff in bed skirt crumbs on floor

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds could be more comfortable

Pool water was cold, not even lukewarm but cold. Shower looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in quite some time, at least not well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room & food needs more frequent attention when open

Bed, pillows