Reviews of Comfort Inn O'Hare - Convention Center 3 stars

2175 East Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60018, USA

#3 of 6 hotels in Des Plaines

Hotel provided free shuttle to/from airport,.

We have room with window directed to main road and it was quite busy and noisy road, although I am usually not very sensitive to noise, this was annoying.

Hotel provided free shuttle to/from airport,...that was very convenient.

QUICK BUT SWEET CHICAGO TRIP NEAR ALLSTATE ARENA

BREAKFAST WAS ONLY 6AM-9AM. ROOMS ON THE FIRST FLOOR ARE KIND OF FAR FROM FRONT AREA WHERE YOU WOULD WANT TO GET ICE AND SODAS. RESTAURANT ACROSS THE PARKING LOT WAS OKAY..NOT GREAT BUT OKAY

I ENJOED FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE. WAS ABLE TO REQUEST EARLY CHECK IN/LATE CHECK-OUT AND FRONT DESK PROCESSED MY REQUEST. EVEN CALLED ME WHEN THE ROOM WAS READY. WAS WALKING DISTANCE TO ALLSTATE ARENA

Location and convenient parking are worth to stay in but need to improve the cleanliness!

Bath water wasn't drain well so that I felt my feet weren't clean after getting out from the bathtub. Bathroom door was sticky when I touched it. The door hinge where you have to touch in order to open and close the refrigerator was also sticky which you do not want to touch it anymore. One of pillow case has a brown dot so when I touched, it smudged! Yuck!!!

location and convenience for parking

Great stay near airport

The breakfast is average not to say bad. Lots of people and food runs out very fast and is not refilled promptly

Hotel may appear bit worn out outside, but room was perfectly clean and tidy and was looking fresh. 24 hour free airport shuttle service is very convenient.

Good bang for the buck.

Not as up to date compared to other hotels.

Great staff and great conpetitive price! This hotel was within distance to where we needed to be and easily accessible on and off highway.

Comfort Inn O'Hare

There wasn't much to dislike. The lobby area looks a little older, but rooms are clean and updated.

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Staff was extremely nice and helpful.

When we checked in we made a reservation for the 5:10am shuttle to the airport. We were at the lobby in time but we were told it left early! There was another couple they assumed was us (because they never asked their name of room number!) and they left. They were not able to contact the driver to turn around to get us. They offered to call us a cab but not pay for it! They also refused to take money off our room to compensate our uber fee ($18.00).

Location to airport

The room was great bed comfy breakfast very good staff were...

Gym a bit small but overall cant fault it

The room was great bed comfy breakfast very good staff were very helpfull and very near airport and the shuttle bus brillant

Good hotel - terrible room. Needs a proper curtain.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room I stayed in looked out onto the car park (no problem with that), but there were lights in the car park and the curtain in the room only pulled 1/3 across the window. So at night the room was partially lit up by the car park lights and although there were net curtains I never felt I had proper privacy at night.

Perfect for a quick stop with good breakfast.

Great service and easy to get to and from the airport. When calling to order the shuttle the staff was very helpful and nice over the phone. Getting picked up with the shuttle was a breeze. We only waited a handful of minutes. The breakfast was good and the coffee was decent. They did a good job or refilling food so everything was hot. Front desk gals were wonderful and our staff was very nice. We just did a quick stop for one night but If we are traveling through Chicago again we would stay.

Very good breakfast bar clean room bed was very comfy liked...

Light in bathroom where shower is was out so had to use heat lamp light sure hope this gets fixed for the next guests that use this room I mentioned it to desk clerk and left a note in the room

Very good breakfast bar clean room bed was very comfy liked there was a chair in the room desk chairs don’t cut it for me staff is very friendly made check in easy

I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

Was very hot in the hallway

The room was comfortable and the bed mattress was really comfy. Staff at front desk were very friendly and helpful. I like the asked if I needed a wake up call and shuttle to the airport.

Affordable, basic accommodations, good breakfast, good service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room and bathroom were comfortable and mostly clean, but felt pretty outdated. I didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot in the room or bathroom--though I normally don't at hotels anyway. There weren't blackout curtains, at least not in my room, so prepare for some light to come in through the window at all times.

Freshly made scrambled eggs and tater tots for breakfast--they also had waffle makers, coffee, green and black tea, yogurt, cereals, bread items, juice, and fruit (apples + bananas). Lots of options for a wholesome breakfast! The fitness room had a good amount of equipment. Fresh cool lemon water in the lobby. The hotel is right across the parking lot from Tiffany's restaurant--it was kind of like a diner but with a wide range of food options.

It was a last minute stay, close to the airport that...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a last minute stay, close to the airport that provided a comfortable and secure place for me overnight after a late flight. The staff was incredibly helpful in their accommodations to allow my boyfriend to pay in advance although he himself was not present. This was extremely helpful, and the staff were gracious and super friendly.

A nice option for a good night's rest before or after a long trip

Comfortable bed, fitness center was acceptable. Breakfast was good, but not out of this world. Shuttle service to and from the airport was excellent.

We LOVE the free shuttle to the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We LOVE the free shuttle to the airport. Made it so I didn’t have to worry about getting a taxi scheduled for my mom in the morning, aaaand ITS COMPLIMENTARY <3

Not a good value for the money.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The wall plugs were a train wreck. If you unplugged something from the socket, i.e. a phone charger, the hole for the case was larger, so you needed to hold the socket cover in place to unplug anything, and if you didn't the cover came with it. Also, the toilet didn't flush well, you had to hold the handle down to get it to flush even just toilet paper and the tub did not drain well.

The chair in the room and the airport shuttle.

Staff were helpful and courteous.

Hard to connect to get shuttle from airport. Heat blows right on area where you sit at the desk.

Staff were helpful and courteous. Shuttle from hotel was very convenient.

The staff was nice and provide a good experience they had a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A couple burnt out light bulbs and the toilet seat was loose and the air conditioning fan wasn't working

The staff was nice and provide a good experience they had a shuttle to take me to the convention the hotel was nice and clean

We work Cosplay conventions. This was our 3rd stay at this hotell

The hot food with the complementary breakfast wasn’t very good but they did have bagels,yogurt, and fruit.

Staff amazing and the rooms and lobby were very well kept.

Not a good stay

When we got to the room that night the floor was dirty, sterpped ok on a fake fingernail as i was getting ki n bed and the bed felt like it was filled with food crumbs or dirt. We were so tired from the drive we sleep on top of the top sheet and repoted it the next morning, but nothing was done to make our stay better. Not even any type of discount for our trouble

Breakfast was good, lots of choices to eat

Was fine for a short stay where you need to be close to the airport.

The corridors stank! Cigarette smoke (I know, I know, the whole place is supposed to be smoke-free, but that didn't seem to matter), pot smoke (!), incense, spilled beer (?!). It was gross walking through, but at least the rooms didn't smell that way.

Our first room had a connecting door, and the person next door was sooo loud and it went right through the door. I went to the front desk and the manager cheerfully moved us to another room. Which wasn't as nice but was super quiet. Really appreciated that.

The check in process was easy and the location was good for...

When we got into our room the bed was made and was clean. However, we did not have a microwave and the coffee maker was in the bathroom on the little shelf ABOVE the toilet. (Yes if lid was open it could have fallen in) needless to say we did not make coffee. In the breakfast area the lights were filthy and had cobwebs in them. The shuttle taking us to the venue driver kept repeating that we could not take our coffee into the van. After the show and we called for a shuttle back we waited over 2 hours. Part was traffic but had to wait Until the 4th shuttle came. There was a disabled veteran staying at the same hotel and the shuttle would let others in and this person had to wait. The service dog that was with them started howling because it was time for the person to take their meds... and they were at the hotel so they could not take them. When the hotel was called by them the hotel staff that answered the phone hung up on them. I made a mistake booking this hotel as I thought it was comfort suites and it was the comfort inn. Don’t stay at the inn!! Comfort suites is the place to stay!! My family and I won’t make that mistake again!!!

The check in process was easy and the location was good for where we needed to be. Really enjoyed Tiffany’s restaurant that was in the parking lot!

Overall I will be staying again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think that the shuttle should go to the fashion outlets of Chicago.

The rooms were clean and the staff was great. The hotel was in a great location and was easy to access.

I loved it here.

There wasn’t much selection for breakfast, not a biggie though. Also, the lady at the desk suggested Little Anthony’s or Antonio’s or something like that and it wasn’t good at all.

It was a wonderful experience. The bed was AMAZING. I wanted to take the bed home with me.

Nothing the experience was horrible.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the whole experience. I checked in early from the airport. They put me in the smallest room next to the front desk which was noisy. There was a bunch of hairs in my bed. The place was nasty. The carpet was dirty, there were hairs in the shower. I went through booking.com, but I am disappointed in booking.com for turning me towards this horrible place. I will not use again, if this is what I get when I book. Gene Terry

Nothing the experience was horrible. I was in town for a funereal. Already a bad situation. Very disappointed in this place and booking.com for recommending this place.

It was a good value.

They didn't plow the parking lot at all. Very difficult to navigate.

It was a good value. Breakfast and parking included is awesome! Staff was friendly.

Stay was pleasant.

The breakfast was okay. Waffles and baked goods were just fine. The eggs and tater tots though, were disgusting. Maybe splurge a little and buy better eggs for breakfast... Also, the rooms were kind of old but updated and clean. However, the walls were extremely thin and we could hear our neighbors tooooo clearly and people in the hallway.

The front desk staff, manager in particular was very nice and helpful. Immediately offered us food menus and delivery recommendations.

We will stay there again when we visit in-laws.

Hallways smelled really really musty, but room smelled fine. I tried to get a way to call the hotel directly from in-laws home we were visiting but could only find a number that eventually said if I wanted to speak to someone at that specific hotel to hang up and dial their number, which it didn't provide. Had wanted to know check-out time.

Room was quiet for a hotel, and exit door to where we had parked was nearby. Bed was very comfortable. Having a restaurant on same property (short walk outside) that gave me free coffee and had great food was a big plus too.

Very comfortable and clean place. Would recommend.

Water to drink in the room was not available. And tap water was not drinkable for us. Since it was Christmas night, we couldn't get water anywhere. We had to wait till breakfast to drink water.

Very clean and comfortable room. Just what was required after a long travel. Bed was also comfortable.

Over all, it was more than good stay.

*I felt uneasy, even unsecure when I found out that there was no way to cover window to block my room from the traffic of cars (only a small bush that was not even reached the bottom of window between my window and a car in the rear parking lot) and people who were constantly in and out. I had to turn all lights in a room off to block the possible exposure! *Water pressure become so low to make me tired while I showered.

The location was great and the hospitality plus very tactful 'Clare' who was the night front desk person was one of the great I have ever experienced from other hotels. Breakfast was also a good things of this place. Clean bed was comfortable.

Definitely I will return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom the bathtub was not clean enough and I couldn’t find any extra garbage bags.. but not big deal we only stay there one night and it was perfect other than that.

Stuff was very friendly specially the shouttle driver name Ramon he went above and beyond with his kindness..

Stay away

1h waiting for transfer, freezing cold O'Hare, arrived hotel by 1PM. Puppy and kennel along with our baggage. Not driver nor 2 receptionists would even help to hold the door open by hotel and door couldn't be set open. Had only few hours to sleep - cleaning service knocking on door asking "cleaning" by 8.... We do not fancy this place

Would never stay again based on the smell.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel smelled old. Carpets must have been there for 30 or more years. When we got in elevator the odor was so bad had a hard time not throwing up. Layout of room bad with sink outside bathroom, like washing in the hallway. Not very private plus not very sanitary.

Breakfast food was good. Parking was convenient.

Great value for money
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I went there because I had a convention at a hotel nearby. Staff was super friendly and helpful, offered to drop me off at the hotel with airport shuttle. Breakfast worked for me, scrambled eggs, some breads, fresh fruit, yogurt also hard boiled eggs. Parking was easy on site and for free.

Convenient, nice decor, but price too high

Price too high

The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was fair. Décor nice, but $150 was way too high what you get unless you need the shuttle service.

Pleasant little stay!

I didn't exactly like the lack of places to go when you have no rental car to get somewhere.

It was comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Place was clean and service from airport pick up to hotel 100%
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff at hotel were excellent helpful in every way 👍

Only had breakfast at the hotel they don't serve meals. Meal are at small restaurant called Tiffany basic food nothing special.

Nice hotel, clean, good breakfast and easily located.

Parking. We was under the impression that when we flew out of OHare airport and the shuttle from the hotel was free, that we could leave our car at the hotel. We were told that was included in another package which we did not know about. We had to leave the next morning early and find a place to park that would accommodate parking for a week. If we were informed earlier we would have found a different hotel. Very put out! Hotel needs to clarify on web page advertisement.

Liked the breakfast included with the room.

convenient

no microwave. the fridge was great but was in a cabinet that was not placed comfortably or conveniently - we kept bumping into it. the bathroom ceiling is peeling.

bed was comfortable.

Comfort all the way in staff and location

Very cold AC just by the breakfast tables.

Wonderful, enthusiastic staff, never too busy to answer even most basic questions, also gave us great advice for dinner and driving to the airport. Breakfast room seemed small but had enough tables (for couples and big families) and nice selection of foods, had coffee to go. Airport shuttle driver was very helpful, make sure to tip.

Beware of extra charges with Booking.com
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was extremly dissappointed to find out that there was a SURPRISE ninety dollar charge for parking my car. When I booked I made it clear that I would be leaving my vehicle and was told no problem no extra charge. When I got to the hotel they said it would cost an extra $90 for parking . The manager Claire reduced it to $80 and said they have had problems with Booking.com. I talked to a Randy at Booking.com and was told they would refund $25 but I haven't seen it. They rerally should refund $80. Never use Booking.com again!!

Staff was very accommodating allowing us to checkout late no...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was very accommodating allowing us to checkout late no questions asked. Good breakfast included. If you don't want the hotel breakfast there is a diner across the parking lot. Provided you can prove you are staying at the hotel by showing a room card you can even get a bloody mary to go (basically you need to prove you aren't taking it in a vehicle).

Did not do their job!!

The hotel shuttle really messed up I told the driver on two occasions to take me to Terminal 2 because he had a family that was going to terminal three he drove passed and refused to take me to the correct terminal. I guess if the drivers do not feel like they are getting tipped they will not do their job properly. I guess he will never know if he was getting a tip because he did not do his job.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Meh. Pass this one up.

The hotel is very outdated. It is not located in an area that is easily walkable to restaurants or stores. The room was very basic. It was stuffy even though the air was on high. The fitness center contains worn out, non-functional treadmills. I was definitely ready to leave.

Close to the airport. Decent value.

For the most part, the rooms have been updated, however, the lighting in the room is poor, the paint on some of the walls and ceiling, especially in the bathroom, is cracked and peeling, and building has an old and worn feeling to it.

Proximity to the airport is exceptionally convenient.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

They Breakfast area was too too small and Very Warm.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They Breakfast area was too too small and Very Warm. It was pretty cramped with people waiting for toast, and waffles. The butter was way far away from the waffles and toast.

Good hotel for staying for one night close to O'Hare

Travellers requesting the hotel's airport shuttle from O'Hare should be aware that there is another Comfort Inn hotel with a very similar name and it is easy to take the shuttle of that one instead of the shuttle bus of this hotel.

The breakfast was better than expected and wifi worked.

The staff were very friendly. The facility clean and modern. But this particular room 321 was awful.

My room was located on a very noisy corner. The seal around the air conditioner/heating unit was broken and it let in all the outside noise. The fan speed on the blower unit could not be turned up to drown out the noise. My recommendation is to have white noise makers available for this room. The expressway is right there as well. The parking is terrible. the spaces are too small for even a mid size car.

the bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

We had a wonderful time. Customers service was excellent

A mat in the bath would be very nice its a little slippery otherwise we had a good weekend o

I like the room it was very clean breakfast was good we wanted a quiet weekend and we could not have choosen a better place

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The rooms are nice and comfortable .

The staff wasn't very helpful. We asked for an extra bed sheet and they hesitantly agreed to provide one. Then despite our repeated phone calls, the bed sheet never arrived.

The rooms are nice and comfortable . It's good value for money. The location is great.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Solid, could be better

The noise between rooms was quite loud. I had an adjoining door to a bathroom!

I thought the gym was good and the breakfast was simple but had potential. I liked the restaurant across the carpark

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Great getaway

Just a suggestion, the booth/table near the counter by the eggs would probably be better moved up a bit to provide space for the egg area and those sitting at the booth.

The waffles were great! A nice variety of choices and good coffee. The staff was so courteous and welcoming. The beds are awesome so soft!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Quite well for Business trips!

Unable to open Ground floor rooms windows. if you need fresh air in your room sometimes, its inmpossible

Beds were really comfortable. 7/24 shuttle to airport and convencion center Room was big enough Rooms have coffee machine and ironing machine

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Hard to beat the price/value but not suitable for extended stays

Internet blocks torrents, my room's AC unit's "auto" function was broken so I spent my time alternately sweating and freezing as I turned the heat on and off, showers are a bit cramped, airport pick-up drivers were all WAY too aggressive - relax fellas! no rush!

Excellent price, friendly staff, decent breakfast, Tiffany's restaurant next door is quite nice

Good

I would have liked the eggs and sausage to be a little fresher but you would have to charge more so I understand. Charge five bucks more per room and have someone fixing eggs and omelettes. I would gladly pay an extra five bucks and have that included.

Eggs were pretty bad.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Was a very nice place to bring pet and was clean.

It is not the Ritz, but it did the job it was suppose to do. Clean hotel, right off the highway, inexpensive, and close orientation to Park Ridge and Rosemont.

Was a very nice place to bring pet and was clean. I have been to a few hotels that allow pets that were very dirty. Also, the bed was very comfortable and very convenient location to a great local restaurant.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Okay place to stay near the airport

Des Plains is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Tiffany's - essentially a family restaurant - was the only restaurant nearby.

Good airport shuttle. Clean comfortable room at a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Wonderful staff at Comfort Inn O'Hare
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone, including the shuttle drivers, went above and beyond my expectations. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Even the cold weather was wonderful.

My key kept demagnitizing in my wallet.

The hotel was very clean. The breakfast was delicious and everyone was very nice. Even the cold weather was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Perfect stay! Perfect Location!

I liked the fact that breakfast was offered. I would have liked the eggs and hash browns not to have been a little above room temp.

I liked that the room was clean and upkept. The property overall was well kept and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

It's close to the airport, provides free shuttle to and...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be a bit better

It's close to the airport, provides free shuttle to and from airport thus allowing you travel to city by train. Kind reception staff

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

a good place to take a rest before the next flight

You need to make a phone call to the hotel to get pick up at the OHare airport. while the other hotels' shuttle buses seem to run in a regular time.

The hotel is near the OHare airport.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Breaksfast was good.

The room was good for the most part but the bathroom fan was super loud and the shower was not very nice (cracks and chips and a terrible sealing job around the tiles). And the shower didn't drain properly

Breaksfast was good. staff were very polite and friendly.

Clean rooms, great Free Breakfast, free airport shuttle, friendly and courteous staff, free WiFi!

Didn't like how far the hotel was from public transportation but the free shuttle made up the difference.

Bed was super comfy. This hotel has a great spread for breakfast ..FREE breakfast,free airport shuttle, clean rooms = great value.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Really liked this hotel

The staff was helpful, accommodating, and friendly. The breakfast was good. The shuttles were perfect for the airport and convention. We are glad we chose this hotel. Would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

A well located hotel to sightsee in Chicago without breaking the bank.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hall carpets appeared in need of vacuuming.

We liked the fact that we had close access to the public transportation system at the airport and even better that the hotel provided an excellent frequent free shuttle. The breakfast was very good and sustaining.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Hotel is a dump

Dont let the nice pictures on the internet fool you. This hotel is a dump. There were huge holes in the carpet and the room smelled like pine Sol. I couldn't sleep because of the smell. There was old dental floss floating in the tub. The old dark brown décor made it look like a flea bag hotel. Would't sit on the furniture. Female registration clerk was unfriendly. Just got my credit card statement and was double charged for the room.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Nice clean hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't know if it is custom in the US, but I would prefer not to eat breakfast with plastic plate and cutlery. The room was very clean but it had weird smell and there was no option to open a window to ventilate it a bit.

Nice staff, clean and big room, close to the airport, train and big shopping malls

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Clean, comfortable, but breakfast not that great.

The breakfast wasn't very good. There were waffle irons out, but there was no batter to use at the time.

Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The shuttle to the airport was great.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Good place to be near the airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location, the airport shuttle, the friendliness and the helpfulness ofxthexstaff, and a clean and well appointed room, and the fact that we arrived late and could get take our All in all a wonderful night and trip home

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

he hotel is old and tired, although the sign out front says renovated rooms. Maybe they were renovated at some time in the past 20 years, but not recently. Staff were not particularly friendly, no restaurant or bar inside the hotel. Rooms lacked natural light and smelled. Breakfast was the worst assortment of of food I have seen anywhere. Practically inedible. Better to go across the carpark and buy breakfast at Tiffany's restaurant.

Nothing. Oh,... the WiFi was good.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Filth & The Scent of Garbage, No Comfort here

The place stunk of garbage and they tried to cover it with some fragrance that gave us a headache. The facility is a filthy mess. Really awful place, would not recommend it to anyone! The shuttle was over booked and 14 people were crammed into the van with me sitting on my husbands lap. NOT SAFE!

Not one thing!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

There were large spiders near and around the room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were large spiders near and around the room. One large spider had a large web going across our main door. The body alone was the size of a quarter

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Only Location nothing else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

*I stayed on the second floor and the water power in the bathroom and sink was terrible! I felt dirty and tired after shower since there was REALLY WEAK water power so the residue of soap remained my body and I tried my best to get rid of them and that made me tired when I got out of shower. *The bedding was sticky. I suspect the wash was not done completely. I guess the weak water might be the reason for such condition.

Location! Close to the airport and major highway.