Reviews of Comfort Inn Pentagon 3 stars

2480 South Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22206, USA

#42 of 68 hotels in Arlington

Pool was shared with another hotel and was often over crowded with kids. A Jacuzzi would have been nice.

Staff was great, breakfast was the best we have seen. Shuttle was wonderful and took us right to our subway stop and the mall.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Talked to a manger about our room not being clean and when we got back from being gone a few hours the room was still nasty. Hair in the bathtub, fingerprints all over the bathroom faucet, my bed sheet was ripped, etc. Took a long time to get a manager to listen to us and when we did she obviously did not care. Even took pictures to show her that I will be posting on tripadvisor.

Breakfast was good

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Location is a bit far from everything but a bus is provided for transportation to the metro. However, some of the drivers are not the friendliest people to deal with.

All the staff should be as friendly as one female employee that attended me. I wish I had gotten her name. But she went above and beyond. She even lent me her umbrella when she saw I got rained on during my sight seeing.

Nice friendly staff and very clean rooms. Good breakfast!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel location is great and there is a free shuttle that takes you to the metro station and close by shopping centre. Overall experience was ok. However, rooms are a bit dated especially beds and TV. There is also only one staff for check in and check out. Overall, staff very friendly and helpful.

The bathroom was really small, the door hit the tub and the toilet took forever to flush.

The property is right off i395, the breakfast was really good, the room was clean and my overall stay was really calming.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I do not recommend dinner at this hotel as the wait staff seemed inexperienced and the menu limited.

Clean, no frills hotel. but good value for the price. Staff was friendly and responsive to needs. The hotel has a very reliable shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to the closest Metro station. That was a plus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The dinner we waited over 20mins never got waited on look like they had only 1 staff working there we left and ordered out

The breakfast was really good and fresh the bed was really comfy and the shuttles was a big help taking to airport and pick up.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was older which we were expecting but the smell was musty and the only chair was dirty and raggedy. . Did not have a refrigerator which we needed for medicine and it did not have a safe for personal items.

Beds were comfortable. Staff very helpful and friendly. I liked being able to eat at the hotel and food was very good. Was located close to expressway which made for easy travel. 10 minutes to downtown DC.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very much we Did Not have within our room 220 a microwave and refrigerator. That is VERY much a turn off for especially families with children or no children. It makes for a BIG inconvience for customers.

Location, cleanliness, and helpfulness by front desk.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I called to clarify that the hotel was in a walkable range to the Metro-so I was surprised when I arrived( from Florida) and found it in an almost Industrial area interupted by highway. It WAS NOT walkable and the surrounding area was disappointing

They offered a shuttle from the hotel to the airport and metro stop

Information is not kept up to date. The time on the restaurant door for breakfast is incorrect. The menu in the rooms notebook is completely out of date. Very little information about the shuttles is available. The tourest pamplets in front of the restaurant door is not kept up. I found one pamphlet that was a map of DC. Nothing about the Metro line,Smithsonian, Arlington cemetery. Even the people working at the front desk couldn't answer my question. Not very knowledgeable about the shuttles or how to get around in Arlington and DC. I had to move because the roof was leaking. The building has not been kept up.

First day eggs were great, second day they were dry flavorless.

Nothing within walking distance. No stores etc.

Having the restaurant on site open in the evenings was great as was the food. We ate there all but 1 of the 6 evenings we were there and we Loved our server, Maricella❤️ having laundry service available was very helpful to us. The shuttle to and fro the Metro was nice!

The smoking area needs to moved away from the front door. You get blasted walking in and out. Should be at least 30 feet away from any entrance.

It has the total package from the breakfast to the timely shuttle. Would recommend to others

limited eating facility for breakfast so at times had no place to sit to eat

location was great and had transportation to metro station f0r easy access to get around in Wash. DC.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't have a refrigerator and microwave in our room on the first night, but the management found us both and brought them to our room for the last two nights stay, so it worked out.

I liked the location. Being right off I-395, it gave us direct access to D.C. and other locations.

Limited choice at breakfast for gluten free would have been nice if GF cereal provided

Room was a good size furnished well. Nice to have tea on welcome tray. Staff very friendly professional and helpful. Bus to metro a bonus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was dirty, smelly, sticky floors, dirty carpets, uncomfortable bed, poor quality lights, dirty, run-down, one of the shuttles had seats held together with duct tape, poor coordination between desk staff and driver, dirty, smelly, disgusting!

Cereal ok

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sure there's somerhing, afterall no person or place can be perfecf, but can't right at this present moment.

Hotel met up to all standards. The front desk workers were more than accommodating. One helped me with print out for directions back to NY. They did an overall great job and I wouldn't hesitate to return, here again.

Old, shabby, expensive for condition, fan running in bathroom the whole time, carpets haven’t been cleaned in a long time, light flickering in bathroom of my daughters room. This hotel should have been $70 at the most instead of $140. The owner should put $ into updating the hotel because the location is good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevator was behind room and I did not sleep well, rugs worn, furniture old , when I called the night before no one answered the phone 3 times when I tried to make a reservation ? I had to book online and the price was way too expensive fir the room !!!!!!!!! I heard people all night and in the morning

Beds comfy, clean bathroom

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's not well designed, looks a bit out of date, but it is clean and basic.

They had a nice free breakfast. The staff was pleasant, and the price was way below other hotels in Arlington.

Staff were not very friendly, especially the young man that checked us in.

Bed was very comfortable and the room I nice size. Glad it was completely smoke free.

Best part was the free shuttle to the Metro which goes right into downtown and the Mall. So much better than driving and trying to find parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't know about the 200 deposit fee. I think it should be on there. We knew there were some extra fees but it should be on there instead of random.

I loved the breakfast, the beds, the gym

Staff seemed bored and disinterested. Neighborhood was more 'hood.

Breakfast was good. Room was great! Property location was close to D.C. which I needed. Shuttle from airport and to Metro was good amenity.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Restaurant and breakfast facilities and food variety well bellow expectations. Guests (including some members of our team) had to take breakfast either standing on the bar either to hotel lobby.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Transport from hotel to metro station very convenient and helpful.

Only thing that I didn’t like was I asked for a crib to my 1 month old baby and they told me they only have one and somebody was using it. My husband and I had to sleep with my baby on bed and it is not safe.

Breakfast is good, my room was clean, good location, parking is free.

I ate dinner at the restaurant at 10 PM. a 2 star restaurant

Unbelievable that breakfast was served only til 0900. Never heard of that before anywhere in the world. I got there at 0905.

It only had one entrance and every time we called for an uber they got lost. Also if we choose to walk we had to walk all around the hotel to be able to enter .

It was nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast was great but the layout was poor. Had to wait in line to get drinks because of the line of people waiting for waffles

With a lot of people staying for spring break the water was cold for our morning showers.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good.

FRONT DESK STAFF WHERE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. DID NOT KNOW HOW AND WHAT TRANSPORT TO THE DULLES AIRPORT, NOT GOOD ENOUGH

The breakfast were good, staff in the dinning room were great. BUT STAFF AT FRONT DESK, NOT HELPFUL, COULD NOT TELL US HOW OR WHERE TO GET TRANSPORT TO DULLES AIRPORT,Staff should know there town

No complaints. It's all good.

My sister, who was the guest at Comfort Inn Pentagon was gushing with praises about the staff, the restaurant, the folks at front desk, the excellent winter weather pretreatment of parking lot and area streets at this motel during snowstorm Toby. She was so enjoying her stay here that she didn't want to come home!Thanks you all up at this location-- for turning her canceled concert disappointment into a wonderful getaway just the same.We will make this place our regular rendezvous!

Shuttle was terrible. Driving to Pentagon City metro station is OK, but when returning from the station, I had a big problem. Shuttle was too small to take all of waiting guests, so several guests including me could not ride on. The driver said to us, ”Wait just for 15 minutes”, but we had to wait for almost an hour. I had a cold in that cold weather.

Just like the hotel name, this is Comfortable Inn.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very good. Frree shuttle service was wonderful. Mr. Robert Fereno, asst. General Mgr was very helpful in getting my boarding pass printed. He also helped in the restaurant when it became very crowded. Good job!

TV was unwatchable, hd TV's with sd channels, even in lobby. These days that is a red flag on the rest of the place. Clean room but very dated and in need of upgrade. Poor internet and no accessible plugs for gadgets

Basic room, easy access on first floor

Coffee not great but think this a problem with the hotels we stayed in generally rather than this one specifically.

Beds were really comfy. Location great particularly with free shuttle to Pentagon City mall so we could go out to eat and hook up onto trains into DC easily.

In the Restaurant, the coke dispensing hoses probably needs cleaning because the coke has a terrible taste. The food was good (dinner) and the waitress was very professional and friendly. She was on duty Saturday, 3-10-18. A good employee representing your business.

Location near to meeting site.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Beds were comfortable, but apparently due to my own mistake or one on the part of the booking site we ended up with 2 full beds instead 2 queen beds as I expected. The room was kept nice and clean but they ran out of wash rags on 2 days. The person o the desk did not tell us about the great restaurant, we had to ask them if there was a close place to eat. The shuttle was great for getting our day going and ending each day. We would definitely recommend this to anybody.

See above.

The wake up call service failed twice. One of those times I depended on it. The property is a bit out of the way, tucked in behind a Best Western. Extra explanations were routinely needed for Uber and Lyft drivers. On site restaurant blah at best. General manager went above and beyond to clear up some reservation confusion and saved me some penalty dollars. Housekeeping staff amazing. Cleanliness of my room and the common areas impeccable. For the cost an excellent value.

Confusing getting to the hotel cause it's right behind Best western so we couldn't figure it out when GPS said we had arrived at location. Also heard slamming of doors which woke me up a couple of times during the night. Was there for 3 nights n every night there was slamming of doors.

Very easy to get to n very close to highway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was most uncomfortable bed ever and ac didn’t work. Had to change rooms. Also booking . Com wouldn’t let me change my stay because of how rare was booked and never knew it. Won’t use booking . Com again

Staff very friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Staff was extremely un friendly and they don’t no rule about check in. Manager was really nice and he helped us at the end. I won’t go there again because of Staff. Hotel is really clean and nice.

Room was Clean and they offers free Shuttle Bus Service to Metro.

No key for the safe. When the front desk was asked about it, they said they would get back with me. They never did. Fan in the bathroom ran continuously.

Nice breakfast. Overall cleanliness was great. Very roomy. Quite close to Arlington National Cemetary.

The convector (heater) was making an unpleasant noise from time to time at night.

Nice breakfast including yogurts and fruits. Comfortable tranfer to metro Pentagon City.

No complaint.

Liked the location a lot with shuttle to my conference centre. Very nice staff, Reception, Breakfast, Cleaners and the Drivers. Room was very clean. It is certainly my first choice now in Washington.

The beds were uncomfortable, the laminate flooring had separation in it and I cut my toe, they had some kind of party or something with loud music and we were in the furtherest building from it and still heard it

Close to mall and restaurants

Mysterious red stains on the wall; the room smelled like it had been drenched in my grandmother's rose water; the bathroom was moldy and disgusting; heater/air conditioner hardly worked. The hotel itself just looked like it hadn't been updated since the 70's. Gross.

The customer service was nice. That's about it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reservation for 7 rooms was messed up. The Asst Mgr I talked to on the phone was rude, not courteous and would not listen to me at all. We had 15 coming from all over, and she was not concerned. By the way,the stay was for a funeral at Arlington, so it was very important we had the rooms we reserved.

Staff so friendly. We had a large group, and the staff met all of our needs and were very helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lack of choice of eateries within walking distance

Clean rooms, strong Wifi, good location (short drive to Washington DC), good breakfast, 24-hour coffee & hot chocolate at the lobby, swift check-in & out process

quite mediocre attitude of the female desk clerks. like they were there for the paycheck only and not the customers. Saw and heard off-hand remarks on several occasions. Pretty hard to get to town. The shuttle was ok, but we had to wait alot at the drop-off sites.

facilities, restaurant staff, room cleaners

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Access to property and no baggage service but baggage carts.

Spacious room, with microwave and refrig. Helpful front desk. Very early departure so missed breakfast. We needed those baggage carts. We had a late arrival but dinner on property still available. Computer and printer for airline check-in was a blessing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing really. Breakfast starts at 630am, so if it could be earlier then could help people who catch earlier flights.

The courtesy airport shuttle (DCA airport) arrived within 15 minutes and dropped us to the hotel. The staff was extra helpful and courteous. The room was functional and clean. The location was nice as it was a few miles from the airport. The courtesy shuttle every 30 minutes also took you from the hotel to Pentagon City which is a huge mall with lots of dining options. There is also a metro station at Pentagon City, so this can help you get around the city.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Furniture worn and needs to be replaced. Refrigerator needed in all rooms not just a few. Website pictures showed refrigerator and microwave in rooms but that is not the case.

Hot breakfast was good. Free Suttle to airport and metro station added value.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff and the shuttle to and from the metro was outstanding. The shuttle drivers were always friendly and punctual. While we were there to tour DC, we didn’t spend much time in the neighborhood. The breakfast and morning staff were always helpful and kept the breakfast bar filled. Would stay here again

The air conditioner worked poorly-kept shutting off in the night, had to get up several times to fiddle with it. Switched to second room and same situation prevailed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Van drivers were a bit lacking in personality and customer service skills..... ride to the Metro subway station was a bit long..... went right by us while we were waiting at the Pentagon City pickup point....

Good breakfast! Nice large room..... air conditioning worked well... clean......quiet room....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Desk chair was too large for room size -was in the way. Armchair had several stains on the seat and was quite disgusting.

The beds and bed linens were nice. Shuttle to airport, metro and local shopping was a great convenience.

Everything was good.

The room was spacious and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. Great to have free on site parking.

You need to know up front when you arrive at the Airport contact the hotel in order to be picked up. That's what was told by the clerk after I called the hotel. I was under the impression the shuttle ran every 30 minutes.

Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very good.

Restaurant was slightly canteen like but clean.. Little bit restricted for entertainment at night time,

convenience of travel, rooms were comfortable, staff very helpful. Food was not exactly to my taste but this may be due to being from elsewhere. However food was plentiful and tasty. Excellent shuttle service

Not located in the best area in terms of public transportation; hard to get to, difficult to find when driving to site.

Very clean and quiet property. Very good shuttle service to airport. Excellent breakfast.

The shuttle was advertised as "on demand" but it is NOT on demand 24/7 - it does not start until 6 AM and since I had an early flight I had to take a taxi instead. The good part of this was that the staff was very helpful in arranging the taxi and the fare was only $11.

Nice to have a good restaurant with many choices right inside the hotel. Very clean Short ride to Reagan Airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shuttle Van driver(s) gave appearance of "not liking their job"; rude/abrupt to a "fault" and not friendly at all. Had to be "pushed" to get a step stool, due to the height of the van step, for one of the obviously elderly passengers! A lower "threshold" van would have been much better. Breakfast could have used "fresher bananas" Elevator acted "weird" on Monday & had to take steps to 4th floor for my own peace of mind of not getting stuck; vending machine didn't have the "usual" chips, crackers type food. No close places to eat dinner/lunch as an alternative to hotel

Hotel staff at registration desk were most helpful & professional. Bar tender/waiter on Monday night was extremely friendly & courteous & apologetic for lack of "real liquor" Maids were friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was infested with ants. We woke to find the trash covered. Gross!

My kids got a kick out of the hot cocoa machine in the lobby. Shuttle to the metro was a plus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel needs a complete remodel, filthy, broken down, pool not on premesis, outdated room.

Manager was very helpful and accommodating with refund and allowing us to change hotels. Driver was exceptional and took us and our 9 pieces of luggage to our next hotel. Breakfast buffet was good. Hotel shuttle, metro shuttle

Free parking was advertised online, I called to make sure it was free while we traveled. I was told yes on the phone, then when we arrived found out parking was not free and the cars would be taken off site. I'm assuming offsite due to the nature of the neighborhood, which seemed quite sketchy. So we were scrambling last minute to find a safe place to leave our cars till we flew back into town, something affordable because we had not budgeted for parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

At times the shuttle was not the most accommodating- had to wait longer then desired to be picked up or wait till the next shuttle because of amount of people needing shuttle back to the hotel at high commuter times.

We loved that there was breakfast available as well as a shuttle to the Metro.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was too isolated from Pentagon city. I thought it was closer. But shuttle service was frequent. The swimming pool was shared with Best Western, next door.

The manager arranged adjoining rooms for us the second and third nights. I assumed that this is what I'd reserved when I booked. The desk staff was very helpful.

Although food was decent at the restaurant in the evening, the service was very slow due to only one server working. Hotel is hidden from road behind the Best Western Hotel furnishings could use updating.

staff was very pleasant and helpful

I didn't find anything wrong with our stay. Thanks for great stay!

My wife and I both commented on how comfortable the bed was. We want to get a new bed at home now just like that one. We also love the breakfast. The lady working the breakfast was working very hard to keep everyone happy.

The only difficulty is finding the building. It is slightly hidden behind the Best Western. Signage could be a little better.

They run a shuttle to the Metro and shopping areas the staff was friendly. The breakfast was very good.

Their staff on the from desks was so nice very respect and great I was arrive at 11:30 in the charter pick me up Airport it took me to the hotel and they give me the room right away thanks you

Everything was excellent!

There was a great selection for breakfast. It was excellent every morning. The beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is a great location. Just 12 minutes from National Mall.

Browse Comfort Inn Pentagon traveller photo gallery