Reviews of Comfort Inn Pittsburgh 3 stars

4770 Steubenville Pike, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, USA

#44 of 62 hotels in Pittsburgh

Clean and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was kept stocked even if you slept in late. Also good location. Good value for the price we paid through booking.com

Comfortable Affordable Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First time in Pittsburgh. Was far from the downtown area and not much around the hotel. Breakfast area was small

Hotel was clean. Room was clean. Beds were very comfortable. The breakfast had hot and cold food. Was good. Front desk was friendly.

Great Value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very small lobby with combined breakfast room with four tables. Could not get to the hotel coming from the east. Had to pass the hotel and make a u-turn past the low metal median which is hard to see at night. Also has very steep drive way.

I was greeted by Beverly and had a fast friendly check in. My room was a basic double queen but was large with a love seat, coffee table, comfortable beds and pillows. Nice fridge and microwave with three separate counter tops to set out laptops and anything else you wanted to unpack. We were 30 minutes late getting to breakfast and Beverly offered to get us batter for the waffle maker and even make fresh eggs and sausage! She went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. Wi-fi worked great. TV had HDMI cable so I could plug in my adapter and watch Netflix or apps from my cell.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Really not much. Maybe more diversity for breakfast but it was very good as it was

Bed was very comfortable. Staff is very helpful and it was close to what we wanted to do. Near PNC park and the Gateway Clipper cruise that we took Would recommend this place to anyone visiting Pittsburgh Pa area

Overall a very pleasant experience. Staff were courteous .
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

We weren’t informed that the room had a whirlpool tub. We would have enjoyed that except we stayed out most of the evening.

Clean and comfortable. Cable tv and coffee Tea and condiments in room.

Very ironic when they put a card say BREATH “EASY” in your...

Very ironic when they put a card say BREATH “EASY” in your room and what I got was a room with heavy smell of smoke and I have kids with me!! When we told a “nice” gentlemen name Larry, he said nothing they can do!! Well if you cant do anything then dont put those useless card in your hotel room and your promise about smoke free room!!

Glad I didn’t need to be in the room for lengthy time . High price for very sub par environment
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Phones in room were dead . The 3:15 wake up call that was never asked for . Smell in room . Was very bad smell Breakfast nook was dirty . Can’t handle capacity on full hotel . Staff was unwilling to go above and beyond .

Location. : close to Heinz field

It was really nice!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was really nice! Everything was clean, breakfast was very good! Frankie was very attentive and kept everything clean and fully stocked. Amelia in laundry and the rest of the housekeeping staff were very kind and courteous! It was great and I would love to come back.

It was adequate. If traveling to Pitt again, we would look to stay somewhere else.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Slightly annoying to have to make a u-turn to enter the property when arriving from any direction other than downtown Pittsburgh. Breakfast was no thrill. Didn't change daily or on the weekend. Eggs and sausage patties was it for hot items. All mini-wheats, special K, Kashi cereal. Only apple jam. No light/fat-free yogurt. We've been to many other Comfort Inns, and this was by far the worst in terms of breakfast offerings.

Great location to Pittsburgh via the alternate route. Nice staff.

We were given the type of room we asked for, so that was as...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The furnishings were dingy. The breakfast provided was cold (eggs, sausage, etc) and the microwave didn't work so the food had to be brought to our room to be heated. It was hard to get into the parking lot as there is a divider in the road, so we had to go past, find a place to turn around so we could enter the parking lot without driving over the concrete divider.

We were given the type of room we asked for, so that was as expected.

Beeakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

AC didnt work. Finally got it working 2nd day. Also, the first floor smelled strongly of cigarette smoke (and, bad cologne according to my husband.) One of the men behind the desk was a chain smoker.

Beeakfast. Also, staff were cery accomodating and responsive.

A great value for the comfort and cleanliness of the room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The neighbors above were quite noisy at 2 in the morning one night and a man left his “service” dog in his room next door for hours on end. The dog managed to open the door and got loose in the Hall. The staff was very good with the situation which was not their fault, but it was disturbing.

Bed was very comfortable.

Staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions...

It was a little farther away from downtown then I thought.

Staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions about the area and restaurants. The rooms were very clean and very roomy, has a couch along with king bed and desk chair.

Low Budget Hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cleaning cart was left in our room, unsure if the room was completed. The light shades, window curtains and walls were filthy and stained. The wallpaper was coming off the wall. The room smelled.

They had an early room so we checked-in early.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very clean-rooms are comfortable and nice, and breakfast was good. I had waffles-easy to make. My friend had the eggs and sausage. She enjoyed those, too. The eggs weren't rubbery like the last hotel we stayed in. The beds were comfortable and clean, and we had plenty of towels. Very courteous staff.

Noisy. Doors slammed several tines in the night. And this was the quiet room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. The huge water stain across the ceiling and the scorch mark in the bathtub. Could not take a bath as the drain did not hold.

Close to interstate highway

Problem-free accomodations
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The location is difficult to go to with the way they have the highway divided. Recommend petitioning for change to the traffic division so motorists can more easily and more safely pull into the hotel parking lot.

Very friendly and helpful staff all around. Rooms were very clean and well equipped. Beds were the same high-level of comfort that we have come to expect.

Convenient, quiet & helpful.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

When headed towards the facility on Old 22, Steubenville Pike from Weirton WV one must either pull off the road adjacent to the lower end of the parking lot & then pull a crossed traffic moving in other direction to get to parking entrance (in other words) do a U-turn!

I like the convenience of location of the hotel to my destination as well as closeness (location) knowing how Pittsburgh traffic can be. Reason for staying in other words.

I was charged twice for my room and have tried speaking to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was charged twice for my room and have tried speaking to hotel staff multiple times and they have not been responsive or helpful and I'm still waiting to be compensated!

Appearance of hotel was very nice Very good breakfast bar.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I can think of is that getting off the hwy. could be easier .But it Really wasn't a problem.

Appearance of hotel was very nice Very good breakfast bar. Very clean room.., bathroom...,beds...,bedding...,towels. We were VERY pleased,!! We will definetly stay here again,also a decent price!!!!

Badda Book, Badda Bust
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Assigned room had had a recent smoker; New room had a chicken bone in middle of floor; Wifi worked intermittently, front desk person told me it was the settings on my phone, but didn't work on my tablet and the site's "business center" (a joke) computer either; and the breakfast: worst I have had at a Choice hotel, rolled up sliced deli ham, egg white "round" topped with slice of tasteless, rubbery cheese product, was told that there was sugar free syrup, but couldn't find it, so no waffle, I even looked in the undercounter cabinets; morning desk person did not seem concerned about the lack of cleanliness, wifi failure nor the smoking in a non-smoking motel. She would not work for me in any capacity.

Not very much. One desk person was accommodating when the "non-smoking king" room turned out to be smoking (in a non smoking motel) and up graded me to a larger suite. Also was helpful and concerned when I misplaced an important object.

Excellent place to stay for your money .
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing we didn't like about the Comfort Inn. excellent place to stay !!!

The staff was great, the room was excellent , very clean, the bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was spacious well done. The hotel was quite and peaceful and the grounds were beautiful.

It was close to Pittsburgh, only about 8 miles outside the...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only issue was that the breakfast machines broke down and the food wasn't great.

It was close to Pittsburgh, only about 8 miles outside the city. The service was good, rooms were very comfortable and roomy. The price was great and I would stay there again.

worth the money but not a high quality place
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

kind of some wierd spice smell through the whole hotel. TINY breakfast area (seating for maybe 10-12? steep ramp pup with sharp entry to hotel

good value.

Clean and comfortable!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast is low quality and small

It's very clean quite new and comfortable. Close to many restaurants and fast food, it's more comfortable and clean then the other motel we stayed in the us.

All is well!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

First off,it would have been nice for them to have my reservation! Checking in was lengthy due to the fact they had to find me a room.

It was quiet. The front desk woman went out of her way to correct our situation.

Comfortable and clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well managed, clean, comfortable, nice people at the front desk. Breakfast very good. The location could appear far from downtown, but there is a beautiful drive if you get away from the expressway

Bing Bong Heyo!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Food wasn't too great but you get what you pay for. It was fine, I'm not expecting 5 star food at a comfort inn anyway. The funniest thing was how mad the breakfast lady got at people for spilling things. It was entertaining. The staff was great though and very helpful. I would stay there again for sure. It's a comfort inn, it was like most comfort inn's, safe, quiet.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

For early risers & Sausage lovers this could be Paradise!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

FIRST, I filled out a request form from Booking.com for the Hotel. Floor preference pilows needed etc. NONE of that informatoion was given to the staff at the Hotel! The first full day we were there, we left in the morning & they paved the parking lot & that smell was bad. The bed was small. The cleaning staff was poor at best. Each day the bed appeared less made. One day the cleaners were knocking on the door at 8:15am to start cleaning. LONG hairs were left in thhe shower after the cleaning! The breakfast was the same every SAUSAGE & eggs & waffles. I HATE sausage! The only hot chocolate they have is surar free...ick! The parking lot is small. There is no proper left into this parking lot supposedly because of accidents. So the state geniuses make you have to pull off the side of the road on the right in order to make a U turn to get into the lot. Even though the things I disliked were small they were important to me.

The eggs were good. The bed was comfortable. The free Wifi worked well. Mr. & Mrs. Dougherty at the front desk were very very nice & helped with the things that were wrong. We didn't have to park too far away. The Gazebo was a good place for my partner to go smoke. The Hotel is close enough to the highway to make it convienent. The lady who cooks was very SWEET to me & the last day hooked me up with the item i like with breakfast. THANK YOU!

A good place to stay to visit Pittsburgh or to use as an overnight stopover.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only issue we had at this hotel was the car park entrance. You can only enter the car park from one direction.

The rooms were a good size and very clean. The coffee in the room was excellent and the breakfast very good. The staff were very friendly and were able to give options and directions to good local restaurants. It was pretty straightforward to get into Pittsburgh to see the sights.

U2 ROCKS
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like smoke, charging station didn't work, some outlets didn't work so I had to charge up in the bathroom Uturn is necessary to enter the driveway, very precarious.

Checked in a little early

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Affordable and convenient location.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We did not like the size of the bathroom. The entrance to the hotel is an inconvenience, we had to drive up hill around the neighborhood to get into the main entrance. The room is lacking fresh air or ventilation.

We enjoyed the breakfast table every morning.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Nice place, nice price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing to complain about.

Very good breakfast. Warm scrambled eggs and sausage. Plenty of yogurt, granola and bagels. A very good laundry room. Four dollars, including soap per load. You can get the required quarters ($0.25) at the front desk.

Adequate Budget Hotel, with Some Concerns
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location was a bit remote. Property seems to need some attention and updating. Was woken by very loud noises from the room above me at 2:30 am, to the point that I was frightened. As a single female traveler, I felt a bit unsafe here. Some shady people were hanging around in the lobby and outside.

Free breakfast bar was very good. Room was very spacious.

Clean! Friendly! Wonderful experience!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I have nothing negative to say.

The people working at the front desk were very friendly and wonderful! The complimentary breakfast was so much nicer than I expected a hotel continental breakfast to be. I've spent more money on worse hotels before so I thought I was going to get what I paid for; but it was so much cleaner and nicer than I thought I would get for the price!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Comfortabke
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

You have to figure out for yourself how to turn into the property since you cannot make a left turn from the road. You have to pull into other businesses parking lots to make a U-turn.

Comfortabke

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Would stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No rods or anything to hang towels in the bathroom except for the hook on the door. Bathroom tissue box had a layer of dust on it... my sister is in charge of housekeeping at her job so she noticed that.

The staff was great! We needed extra bedding, they were right on. Very friendly.

Comfort Inn in Pittsburgh , a comfortable, friendly place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast meat was sliced ham rolled and warmed, not a good food for breakfast, Keep the ham for sandwiches.

Friendly from check in to check out, including woman with breakfast food.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The sheets were crisp and white, the pillows fluffy and the...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Access to the hotel coming from 79 or going into the city. It's a bit awkward that there is no left turn into or out of the hotel entry.

The sheets were crisp and white, the pillows fluffy and the bed just right. The staff, especially the breakfast room attendant and housekeeping were very friendly and wished us a good day and safe travels.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Check temps of rooms that are reserved to make sure it's comfortable. Was cold in the room for about a half hour after arrival.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

A hotel you will hate to leave
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My personal experiences could not be better. If I need a hotel when I visit Pittsburgh this is my home away from home. The breakfast is wonderful also.

This is my favorite hotel when I visit Pittsburgh, for me this location is convenient for every purpose of my visit family, shopping, food, fun, etc. staff is really nice and professional.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

I wouldn't rate this a 3-star hotel.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms smelled very badly of cigarette smoke. The bed was too hard for my sleeping preference.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The location was close to where we needed to be. Aside from the cigarette smell, the rooms appeared to be clean and they were spacious.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Nice clean place to stay for your money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The driveway entrance is awkward.

Was only there for an overnight, but the facilities were nice. The room was clean and well appointed. There was two double beds, love seat, desk/chair, microwave and fridge.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Short stay but well worth it!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The heating system- when we arrived to our room it was freezing! Took about 3 hours to warm up!

Breakfast was decent & the beds/pillows were great!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Fantastic Stay!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing. They had hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles. The cleanliness was fantastic, the beds in the pillows were awesome.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Good overall value
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not very clean, especially the bathroom and there was a centipede in the bedroom area that I had to kill.

Room was recently renovated and had unexpected amenities such as sofa, microwave and mini fridge. Good value considering the free parking and nice continental breakfast compared to locations closer to downtown.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Great experience and very friendly staff
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We don't have any negative comments. Coming from Vegas and working in the hotel industry my whole life. This place was cozy, quiet, very clean. Everyone was great. Always asking if they can help with any requests. We will definitely be back. It was close to everything we went to Pittsburgh for.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great Stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I couldneed stay longer. Oh well next time.

I loved my stay it was very comfortable and was a good distance from everything. Very clean and the staff was great.

It was very clean, comfortable, and staff was very friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like

It was very clean, comfortable, and staff was very friendly

Adequate for our needs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

TV was fuzzy and hard to watch.

Plenty of room in the room.

i liked everything.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

i liked everything. room is clean, cool staff, Jacuzzi is nice (though i never used it),spacious room, smells nice, ...

Loved it!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was helpful friendly and interested in us as people

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

This is an really good venue on the outskirts of Pittsburgh

A bit out of the way

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is superb, and having Tina there made it all the more welcoming.

Not enough breakfast

Not enough breakfast

The view out from our window

The view out from our window

I made reservations for queen beds but the size of the beds...

Bed size

I made reservations for queen beds but the size of the beds were very small.

Staff were all very nice
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A bit out of the way and a hassle to not be able to turn left leavening the hotel due to a median.

Staff were all very nice

Staff was polite and professional.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was polite and professional. Impressed with overall cleanliness.

It was positive
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was crowded and no ketchup

Man who checked us in was super positive and funny. We loved him!

Pittsburgh 2018
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A 10 min drive to downtown. Bus service erratic.

No traffic noise. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Good sized rooms. Laundry facilities.

Pittsburgh Base.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Just a 10 minute drive out of centre.

No traffic noise, enjoyable breakfast in a social area. Kept clean, tidy and stocked. Friendly Staff.

Clean room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean room. Staff very friendly. Would stay here again.

The hotel and staff was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel and staff was great. It was very clean and spacious. Would deffinitly recommend.

Clean and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

About 12km to downtown. And there are restaurants around 3km. Nice staffs with big smile.

Very Clean, comfortable beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was kind of hard to get to you had to go down and make a u turn to get into the parking lot.

Very Clean, comfortable beds

It was very comfortable

It was very comfortable

The room smelled like it was a former smoking room!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like it was a former smoking room!

cleaning staff always angry

Overall ok. Cleaning staff is bummer.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The cleaning staff took our tip and did nothing

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The entrance to the hotel property could be improved. Access from the west was difficult due to the road divider.

Very clean and comfortable.

Listed as close to downtown , but was not very close at all.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Listed as close to downtown , but was not very close at all.

The parking lot is terrible - slanted, hard to navigate,...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking lot is terrible - slanted, hard to navigate, can’t turn left out of it.

Not bad
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn't what I thought it would be

Quiet small

University of Pitt parents would like this hotel but it is a 10 to 15 minutes from campus.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No ice machine on our floor.

It was a pleasant stay at a clean, comfortable hotel with friendly staff.

Enjoyed my stay