Reviews of Comfort Inn St Louis – Westport 3 stars

12031 Lackland Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63146, USA

#11 of 20 hotels in Maryland Heights

Enjoyed my 1 night stay~ nice price, free buffet breakfast, friendly staff, and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some areas could have been wiped down better. Our bathroom door would not close all the way. I like have a vented fan in the bathroom. Even though this was a hotel that had a reasonable price, I still want the option of an indoor pool and jacuzzi. It is just now the beginning of September and the pool was already shut down for the year.

This hotel was in a great location & close to the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater. Nice hot and cold buffet breakfast! Nice room with a comfortable bed and fluffy pillows!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Did not replace toilet paper or shampoo, soap or clean the bathroom ect while your there. Or take d
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

The bed had dirty sheets. The lady at the front desk on the morning shift on Sunday morning was rude and did not make sure they changed the dirty sheets. When we came back to the hotel we had to check the bed and get housekeeping to come on to change them. I helped.

The guy who checked us in was very friendly

Met my needs for a quite night's rest.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small bathroom with no towel racks and restaurant with limited food options.

The room was clean and comfortable, but the bathroom was on the small side. The attached restaurant provided an adequate breakfast but dinner options were limited.

it was great

my shower had hair in it ,that kinda was gross,and the front was always full of cars were you couldnt get to front desk,also the door was locked to my area of the hotel ,we came back late and couldnt get in ,maybe make the door have an key so you can get in

breakfast was good ,bed was comfortable ,staff was friendly

Last minute stay
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The vibe from the guest, wasn't welcoming At All, I'm an African American Woman, and the atmosphere at the pool, and breakfast was a lil unwelcoming...checkout Staff was friendly...location was nice.

Location was convenient...Tall Gentleman that checked me out was the most friendly of the front desk staff.

Overall everything was great my family and I were very happy with the hotel. The staff was awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were a little firm for me, that’s only because i sleep on a softer mattress.

The staff was awesome and the rooms were clean. I would consider this motel again when in St Louis.

Great stay. Will definitely consider it again.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

The coffee! You guys need to do something about it...

I loved the stay. Everybody was very friendly and smiling. Breakfast was modest but filling. The room was decent size and very clean, housekeeping was awesome. We asked for a room with a fridge and were provided one.

What we needed. Thank you.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Closet was not cleaned. IE: hangers on floor with iron. Used tissues in tissue box. Other than that the room was good.

We had a long trip arriving late . The check in was easy and fast.

The staff was always so friendly and professional.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would have been nice if the room had a fridge.

The staff was always so friendly and professional. The hot breakfast was nice. The pool was great and very clean.

Not happy with motel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was hard, not clean under bedding, sheet had 2 small holes.stains on carpet, bathtub needs replaced. Room not cleaned well. Looked a lot better in pictures online. Motel needs updated. Will not stay here again.

Very nicely renovated. Will stay here again.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Parking could of been better but overall not to bad.

The personnel was helpful and very friendly. The room was great very nice. The bed so comfortable. Nice amenities.

The room was great, and I appreciate you letting us check in early!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I didn't like was being woken up from a sound sleep by doors opening and closing and people talking. We thought perhaps kids were playing, running in and out. However, upon investigation, our room (Room 141) was right across from an employee room. I don't know if it was a break room or a house keeping room or what exactly, but it was staff that kept going in and out of the room.

Check in time was at 3pm but we arrived at 6:35am! I think the clerk's name was Anthony, if I'm remembering correctly, but he went ahead and checked us in, provided our key, and invited us to breakfast! The beds felt great because we had stopped along the way at a rest stop and slept for a couple of hours in the car! The hospitality was great! We enjoyed breakfast! It was better than what I had expected. Thank you!

You did not send my reservation to the hotel.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Booking.com did not work!

You did not send my reservation to the hotel. Luckily they had a room and graciously spent about 30 min to get me a better rate.

Disappointing.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Room had an unpleasant odor plus the toilet did not flush. After the exhausting day I'd already had, I didn't bother calling the front desk. I simply left when I woke the next morning.

Location was good and no complaints about staff.

Stay was pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

coffee ran out in lobby and restaurant in the morning but was quickly refilled. Hotel.com gave me a rate with tax and total but when I checked out additional tax was added. I would think hotel.com would have the correct amount.

everything was fine. fairly clean and nice and quiet.

The cleaning lady was nice.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom sink had no water pressure ec n with both hot/cold on. The beds were not very comfortable and the property needs many updates. It smelled old once you were in the room hallways.

The cleaning lady was nice. She asked me was the room suitable, which it was and she was nice pleasant and friendly.

Great place I give it an A+
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

The only thing I can gripe about is the drain in the tub was really slow that's all

You couldn't ask for anything better.iv stayed in some nasty hotels that the pictures shown the rooms where in tip top shape and turned out to be a rat hole this place is on my top 10 list to stay there again in the future. Id recommend it to friends and family and the breakfast here is awesome

I would chose it again.

The bed could have been a bit better. Perhaps the addition of a pillow top mattress would have worked better.

The breakfast was wonderful! The staff was great! Over all good experience-----I would chose it again.

Good value. We all just basically needed a place to sleep
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Our changed that we made through booking.com were not communicated to the hotel. We originally had 3 rooms edited our request to 4. Hotel only had 3 rooms scheduled but did make the changes for us.

Good value. Breakfast was average. Front desk was pleasant enough. Beds were average comfort. Bathrooms were small.

Your staff is amazing.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Refrigerator was very loud, air/heat didnt work due to filter being filthy.

Tanya was amazing very helpful, and Larry the shuttle driver was amazingly helpful.

Not impressed with the Comfort Inn. Will not be staying there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We weren't told that the restuarant was not open on Friday nights. Also, the hotel shuttle driver gave us a hard time about taking the shuttle to the airport. We signed up the night before to take the 7:00 am shuttle the next morning. The shuttle driver tolds we were not on the list, she finally went in and checked the list and lo and behold we were on the list.

It was the worst motel we have ever stayed at.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like urine and mold and mildew.i will never stay here again.Had we not been in hurry to get to airport i would have asked for a voucher for a free stay at another location.We travel a lot and this was worst stay ever.

I can't think of one. Worst comfort inn I've ever stayed at.

Overall it was a very nice time spent with family.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The food was not that great. Eggs were flavorless and hard. Kinda disappointing.

Pool was very nice, and the inside of the building, rooms etc. were done well and up to date.

Probably won't come back

Went to breakfast at 8:30 and there was no milk, yogurt, fruit or orange juice. I requested a king tub and didn't have one. Mini fridge had food and drinks from the last visitors

Staff was extremely nice

Not doing this one again. Management of property obviously lacking.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Maintenance nightmare. Room was musty because of long-standing water leak that had molded the carpet. Ice machine was 2 or 3 floors up because the machine on our floor was broken (and apparently had been for a while). Near in parking was tight to impossible, even with the benefit of the handicapped placard my wife carries.

the price.

Would definitely book here again. Great value, great people.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We really wanted to enjoy the pool and were told no pool entry after 10 pm...even though we saw people partying in there the night before until after midnight. When we asked the staff what's with the discrepancy, we were told "last night got a little late".

Most of the staff was stellar except one woman. Otherwise, the value was amazing...great location with food and coffee all around, easy in and out access.

Thank you to the cleaning staff who worked very hard.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not the best. I would recommend having bananas and ready made oatmeal. The eggs and sausage were not very tasty. This would not stop me from staying again.

The accommodations were clean and the staff was very friendly.

Good

When checking in it took over an hour to find our reservation. We were tired and this put quite a damper on our evening.

Everything was put together nicely. We would like to stay at this property next time we travel to St. Louis .

Rude Staff
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I got their the staff had lost my reservation. I waited patiently and was not worried at this point because I figured that they would either find it or make it right. I had booked a room with 2 Queen size beds. When she could not find my reservation she offered me a room that had 2 twins at a much higher price. I had the reservation from booking.com email on my phone and was able to prove it. I left and called booking.com who was very helpful but was not able to resolve the problem at that point in time. Their advice was to pay the higher price and booking.com would reimburse me the difference and go after the Confort Inn legally. I asked the hotel what I did wrong and why I would have to pay the higher price. They were not able to give me an answer. I finally deceided to pay the for a cheaper room with only one bed. The problem with this is I was sharing a room with a friend of the opposite sex that I knew well but not really well and I don't have the kind of relationship with her that we would share the same bed.

The beds were comfortable but, the place could use some cleaning up on the carpets & more lighting.

I really didn't care for how loud the A/C unit was as well how the elevator sounded, also the carpets looked nasty all the way through the hotel.

the beds were comfortable

Great value for family vacation!

Staff at check in was off putting. Bed was too firm for my taste. Keys kept not working on outside doors a little inconvenient for a family with two children under 5.

Breakfast was great, liked the swimming pool a lot. Hotel was family friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Probably won't stay here again!

I was given a room with 2 double beds instead of the king size bed I booked. Limited parking at hotel. I have stayed there one other time and almost missed my plane because of their poor shuttle service! Probably won't stay there again!

Bed was comfy...

It was ok visit
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My mother couldn't take a shower shes handicapped and can't stand in shower

Didn't get to enjoy breakfast. Didn't have a transfer bench for showers. Need those if no handicap rooms available.

What an amazing stay and experience for the first time on my own
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing to dislike because I didn't have a problem at all 😁 Keep up the great work

I liked the space in the rooms and how well it was kept up also I really liked the front desk they were very polite and welcoming I will be there again

Facilities were nice, just a few drawbacks
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Bathroom very small, the door hits the bathtub? The parking lot seems about a block away from the motel. The dining room was crowded at breakfast & some of the food was not god. (the egg shaped pancake was nasty)

Staff was extremely polite.

Bed was awful. Sunk in at top by the headboard. Had to,sleep at the other end of the bed. Parking was ridiculous. Zero spaces. When I made reservations,I asked to be close to elevator because I walk,with a cane because of knee/back. Had I known,we were going to have to walk from a back lot not even close to the front door and lug our bags and everything that distance I would have found other accomadations. We always stay at Comfort or Quality Inn, but this one lacked.

Staff was extremely polite.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Great people, great location, great service!
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

This location was perfect for the conference I attended. The free shuttle service made getting around easy. Very easy to find from the North and West route I came in. Very nice hotel...I'll be back.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

You definitely won't get what you pay for.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was TERRIBLE! It is very hard to get into the hotel. It is sort of a maze you have to go through in order to get to the front.

The bathrooms were updated.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Nice place to stay and excellent value for money
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

The rooms could be updated as they re a bit dated and it would be nice to have proper plates and cutlery with breakfast instead of styrofoam plates and flimsy plastic knives and forks.

The price was excellent and the facilities were nice, just what we expected. We particularly liked the fresh waffles available at breakfast.

Mostly a superb stay.

Had to change rooms because we found a bedbug on my bed. The staff moved us to a different room right away and gave us a credit back of one night for the inconvenience.

Everything was great, staff, building in general, breakfast, all super.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Clean, Easy to find, Comfortable beds!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was pretty crowded and there was no exhaust fan. Lighting was really bad in the bathroom.

Loved the breakfast, great selection. However it would have been nice to extend it to 10:30 instead of 10:00 for us late morning people.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

I'll be back.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Had difficulty finding the main entrance. Very confusing.

I was able to bring my dog and the staff was friendly to him. I traveled with a friend and we were able to book rooms close to each other.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Excellent Stay at Comfort Inn

Aside from the fact that it was a little farther from the city than I anticipated, there is nothing I did not like. +

The employees at this hotel were excellent. We did not encounter one employee that was not will to help us or answer questions. The gentleman at the front desk in the morning was absolutely great, as was Rachel.

Didn’t like the room way to much money to not have small microwave
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room didn’t have a refrigerator Or microwave And I seem like the room had water damage

location and comfort.

Little dated.

location and comfort.

the parking

not the best place in St. Louis… 😠

the parking

Perfect for our beeds

Bed, clean pillows

Overall, the pool was nice. That's about it!! The breakfast was terrible..

I found blood on the bed sheets, Disgusting!!!!

Loved the pool

• Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

The staff at the desk was not happy an bad actitud

Stay was very satisfactory (cleanliness, and comfort, privacy,easy access for entertainment)etc.

No complaints

Food Good varitey

Pleasant
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

I think for the price we got we have nothing to complain 👍

There's not a refrigerator or microwave in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There's not a refrigerator or microwave in the room.

Location, price

Location, price

Good place to stay in STL. A good value.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Very clean, good bed and pillows, good shower. Very nice outdoor pool.

Enjoyable and definitely would stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff and a great safe location

Cleaning staff was very understanding and accommodating!
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Cleaning staff was very understanding and accommodating!

It was a fine place to stay-one of the least expensive nicer hotels
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The cleaning staff did not clean out room one of the days we were there. Came back in the evening with dirty towels and the beds not made

Very nice

All of it

very helpful front desk.

The parking lot layout is poor.

very helpful front desk. They merged our 2 reservations into 1 so we didn't have to switch rooms between nights.

The breakfast seemed picked over when we got there at 8:00.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

The breakfast seemed picked over when we got there at 8:00. Waffles were empty.

Good

Parking

Total package...easy with a dog.

Room, food was good
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator or microwave in the room.

Room, food was good

Worth the money

eggs were nasty

Everything was Excellent: service, property, food,...
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Everything was Excellent: service, property, food, cleanliness

Very impressed

I hated having to leave.

Love the Jacuzzi tub in the extra large king suite room. Very pleasant front desk staff and very accommodating.

Clean and silent, even from the highway side

Poor Breakfast options

Clean and silent, even from the highway side

It was a good value for the money.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Bathroom was clean and nice but very cramped. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was swell.

Very good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room Bathroom needs to be updated.

Great staff and hotel location

Quite good.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

1)Room key didn,t work on remote door. 2)Stool should be comfort height.

The facilities had roaches.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The facilities had roaches. And only one elevator was working the entire time we was there.

Nice place - would stay again!!
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Need more parking on hotel side

People were awesome, clean room and good breakfast

It exceeded our expectations.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was disorganized and confusing. More parking in front would be nice

Staff was very friendly!

No complaints at all.

All was fine.

Breakfast Buffet, Pet accommodations and staff courtesy all were very good

I enjoyed the stay overall
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tempature got warm early morning

Very comfortable

It was good overall but the curtain issue. Didn't see anything to eat or OJ at 7am for breakfast.
    • Standard King Room - Pet Friendly

Couldn't pull heavy drapes over window for privacy.

Roomy, clean, comfortable.