Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites LaGuardia Airport 3 stars

60-30 Maurice Avenue, Queens, NY 11355, USA

#37 of 119 hotels in Queens

It was Excellent, clean, with friendly and helpful staff.

Friendly and helpful staff. Free Shuttle to and from airport, also free shuttle to and from subway station a plus. Very clean not like some others, up to date.

The staff was absolutely wonderful and so friendly.

The staff was absolutely wonderful and so friendly. The shuttle driver, Jaime, was an amazing person. He was so kind to my father in law and was an absolute gentleman. He made you feel like you knew him for years and was so personable. The hotel is great value for NY. I grew up down the street from this hotel so whenever I'm in NY, I stay here. It's like coming home.

My stay was good overall.
    • Suite with King Bed

Room service could have been a lot better.

I absolutely loved the bed. The mattress was to die for. I loved the shuttle service. The guys were very accommodating.

Reasonable for a day and a half. But wouldn’t recommend due to location

Location was absolutely scary and shocking because of proximity to a huge cemetery. This was very disappointing when we arrived to the property.

Beds were very comfy

Terrible.

They wanted to charge us $50 for checking out at 1pm! I asked for the manager and they refused to talk about it. Greedy, disrespectful, and insulting.

The worst experience ever

The manager was rude and impolite and unwilling to solve our problem. When she had no solution or sugestion regarding our problem zie simply refused talking any giet het and hang up the fone.

Even with a confirmed and paid reservation i did not get a room cause 'all rooms were taken.' Lugage went missing and credit cards were charged. Never seen before a hotel and it's employees make so many mistakes.

My stay was fair, housekeeping not the best.

House keeping fail to properly restock the room.The breakfast was much to be desired. The rooms and bathrooms were really tight

The shuttle service was good,as well as the front desk staff.I did feel it was a safe location.

I enjoyed my stay nice hotel reasonable rate.

Location location location. Being across from the cemetery kind of creeped me out. But simple next time I will just request different room,

I liked the size of the room and bathroom. The hotel was clean. and had free parking which I was really seeking.

Friendly and helpful staff.

The rooms are quite small for a family of four.

Friendly and helpful staff. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the subway station. You can be to Manhattan in less than an hour and much less cost of staying closer to Manhattan.

I was charged for an extra night for arriving 8 hours early...

I was charged for an extra night for arriving 8 hours early due to the threat of inclimant weather even though I had to leave a day early due to work and was told when I checked in that I wouldn’t be charged because I was leaving early. So I paid for a room for a night I didn’t even stay in and extra for a few hours early check in after I was told I wouldn’t be charged

A cold, rainy night waiting for the airport shuttle.

After an eight hour flight from Paris we called the Comfort Inn to request the shuttle to their property. We were told that it would be there in 15-20 minutes. We waited outside the pick up location in the cold rain 25 minutes. No shuttle. Called them again...the shuttle will be there in 15 minutes. After waiting outside (in the rain) for a total of 45 minutes the Comfort Inn shuttle shows up. Another 15 minute drive to the property...finally checked in an hour later, after our first call. Very cold, very tired, very unhappy. Front desk clerk tried to blame the delay on the traffic...this was a Sunday evening (10:00), with little traffic.

Nice breakfast, comfortable bed, pleasant morning front desk person (Nadia) who listened to our experience from the night before. She graciously apologized and offered us snacks for our day’s travel. She was a bright spot in our stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites.

This was our 3rd visit to this lodging in past 5 years. All were definitely enjoyable!

No Microwave in room (though lobby availability of microwave largely made up for this)

Friendliness of staff and (definitely) airport shuttle and transportation to Woodside Station!

Good enough.

We've stayed here before a few times. This time we were disappointed because we were expecting better. When we arrived (8pm) the room was about 90 degrees for no apparent reason (it was very cold outside). Also the coffee machine had a coffee filter left jammed in it.

Excellent staff as always.

The accommodation was clean and of good quality.

Hotel seemed to be further away from the airport than the name would suggest but there was an airport shuttle laid on but the price was good for New York.

The accommodation was clean and of good quality. The hot breakfast with waffle maker was also a nice surprise 👍. The shuttle driver Jamie was very helpful giving us a lot of advise when he dropped us off at train station to get into New York the next day...thank you!

A good value for money stay ,staff were welcoming and helpful all the time we stayed.

Breakfast choice was fair, not up to a full English, the eggs seemed to be reconstituted, my daughter said they looked like massive Haribo sweet eggs. would have preferred pancakes to waffles.

The bed was very comfortable, staff very friendly, hotel clean and warm. So glad the shuttle bus was available to take us to the nearest subway as it was quite a distance to get there.

We would stay here again when we fly into LaGuardia.

Close to LaGuardia airport, nice restaurant within walking distance. Hotel was clean, neat, bed was comfortable, and breakfast is included, and van picks up at airport.

Not far from Manhattan at a Good Price

The room was noisy - machine noise like the elevator and the vending machines. It was on the first floor and there was no view from the window as it was below ground level.

Very good breakfast compared to other places I've stayed that offer a complimentary breakfast.

Not a recommended one.

The Hotel is next to cemetery. And we were offered the room saying u will have nice view. Whole night the taps were leaking in bathroom and we were all sleepless. When complaint was raised to reception within 15 min of check-in by 10pm, They said we can't do anything till morning 10am . We asked for room change and they were like sorry you can't change room as it was booked online. And in morning also no action was taken till our checkout. Previously they were saying manager will be informed and will talk to you and later they said whatever it is raise concerns to booking.com not us. Horrible experience. I was really disappointed and asked for refund to book room. They said no refund will be given. Also no information was conveyed for breakfast which was already included in payment.

Not that far from Manhattan.

Staff was very efficient & helpful.

A bagel option would have been nice & they could stand to upgrade the eggs.

Staff was very efficient & helpful. Room HVAC fan ran consistently rather than starting & stopping and therefore served as favorable "white noise" to block any outside traffic sounds.

I highly recommend this place, just minutes from the subway by shuttle as well as the airport. Fri

The staff was so knowledgeable and accommodating for transportation and directions. The shuttle was always fast and the drivers very courteous and also knew the city very well.

Had a memorable time in New York

Breakfast could have been a little better. Had fried eggs and sausage two days in a row. Would have liked to have seen scrambled eggs and bacon one day. Otherwise everything else was good.

Bed was very comfortable. Staff were great. Location was a little on the outskirts. Rooms were great.

Was updated and comfortable - good beds

Stain on sheet - room was very cold - think was so cold to keep moisture at bay - 5th floor was in basement and smelled like mildew

Was updated and comfortable - good beds

Except for the one incident it is very quiet and the pillows and bed are great!

Someone from the staff at 2:30 in the morning was making a lot of noise and yelling in the hallway. My wife stuck her head out the door and said "People are trying to sleep" He said " don't call the front desk and go back in your room. Wonder what that was all about.

Their is a view of the city on one side of the hotel. The graveyard across the street added contrast to the view

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Friendly staff, easy access to the city. Will book again.

I just wish it was a non-smoking hotel because even though I requested a non smoking room you can still smell the smoke from others in the hallway.

The staff is amazing!! I booked at a last minuet travel from pa to ny not realizing that I had never updated an expired credit card I had on file with booking and the hotel was trying to process the payment but they couldn'T. They try to call me but my phone number wasn't updated either. When I finally arrived to the hotel the guy said my reservation was cancel because they couldn't process the payment. He called his supervisor and they were able to get me into a room. I am very thankful for the staff at this hotel. Booked a few times here and will continue as there staff is super friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Comfort, Clean & Cozy $

Staff could improve on becomming more familiar with things to do and places around them and the food establishment to at least be able to provide us with feedback on such places.

The breakfast staff her name was Angel and that she was. Wake up in the morning and be greeted with a smile and conversation is always a joy she knowledgeable about area Angel was very welcoming pleasant and kind. Tell her to keep smiling its free but its effect on people will last a liftime. Shuttle guy was (Sorry for forgetting names again was very kind and knowledgeable about things in NYC. Hotel was clean and good value for your money. Some staff were very pleasant to greet and some still needed just a little more customer service like smiling. Overall i would stay again.

Poor location with full of cigarette smell

Non smoking rooms but cigarette smell is everywhere in the building. It is located in front of cemetery. Breakfast does not taste good.

Free breakfast and free wifii

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Room Overlooked Mount Zion Cemetary. Creepy.

Bed was soft and lumpy. Probably many years past it's useful life. Woke up with a bad back. Room overlooked a huge cemetery which was disconcerting and creepy. In the common areas the flooring was torn and tattered and was way past needing replacement. Rather a tacky overall feel.

Room interior was clean and nice. Free breakfast was standard hotel free breakfast fare and was passable. Nice little work out room.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

The receptionist and the driver helped us a lot in relation...

Breakfast could have hot chocolate

The receptionist and the driver helped us a lot in relation to the displacement in the city, we passed many useful information, besides being very friendly

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Other than two negatives, we like this place and will come...

They didn't have enough staff to meet unexpected demand so our room was never thoroughly cleaned - the beds were made and trash was taken but that's it. That may have been a one-time problem. WiFi is not secured, so use your own crypto.

Other than two negatives, we like this place and will come back. Staff were very good (but see negatives). The location is great as long as you don't want to be near a subway stop. Price was okay.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

A somewhat cold room

Was in room 402 called about no heat in the room. Staff quickly addressed the problem and solved it by resetting the heater. It did happen again and I was able to reset the heat again however was cold at times. Not really a staff issue more or less a maintenance issue.

Location and price

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

good stay,fix your car service!!!

car service stranded us in manhattan new years eve.NOT IMPRESSED AS BOTH THE HOTEL STAFF AND CAR SERVICE SAID THEY WOULD BE RUNNING.BEING FROM MAINE,THE WALK BACK TO THE HOTEL WAS SKETCHY AT BEST,TOOK A CAB.THANKMNGOD A CAB WAS at the station @ 3AM!!!

staff was great!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Fair place to stay

No real closet. Staff gave minimal information about accessing the hotel transportation. People using it to leave for the airport should be advised to give themselves at least 3 hours during rush hour. Going to the train let the desk know when you need to go and call when you arrive

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great staff

The neighborhood was not the best and the hotel was across from a cemetery.

Staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. The free shuttle to and from the airport and the subway was a plus.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Very comfortable stay, but a haunting view of a cemetery

One side of the bed was very worn in, squeaked loudly with the slightest of movement. Hotel is located directly across a cemetery, haunting view from our window.

The king sized bed was very comfy. I liked how all the pillows had different firmness. Plenty of pillows for extra comfort! The complimentry breakfast had a fair selection.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Perfect stay for Comic Con 2016!

We had our do not disturb sign up but our room was entered anyway by the cleaning staff.

Very clean room which is right up our alley. The staff really goes out of their way to help you.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

A pleasant stay.

There is a cemetery right outside my window. It's across the street. Parking sucks it's not big enough. There is nothing around you but a gas station. You have to drive and. Lose your park.

The staff the room is clean and new. It was spacious.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

That you had breakfast, office center and airport shuttle.

Carpet in room needed a proper vacuuming. Waited outside in cold/rain for 1 1/5 hr for shuttle upon arrival, called 3 times before someone arrived. Then more driving about for pickups as people couldn't be found and had to keep circling.

That you had breakfast, office center and airport shuttle. Staff friendly

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Everything was ok, but i found some long hair in bathroom...

Everything was ok, but i found some long hair in bathroom and in the towels. Bed was too soft and in the room was too cold, i had to turn on ac heater. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Location is good close to the fdr bridge.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Price wise it should be 1/2 price.

Everything else brought the ratings down. Original Room smelled and so did the second rm. My entire stay it smelled of drugs in the corridors/stairwell and a shame because there were families (I did not see not one Security Guard). Slow elevator and call buttons don't work, stairwell needs a paint job and missing light bulbs in corridor. The staff wore clothing that was stained, wrinkled and old looking. The towel shelves were dirty and i had asked to have it cleaned and replace all towels (did not get done). I felt as if I were in a motel (eventhou the rm looked good). Nothing like the Comfort Inn in lower Manhattan which was the reason why I chose this one.

Appearance of room Breakfast Great Bed which is the reason why I gave "Comfort" a high rating.

A good place to stay in Flushing

The coffee could be a bit better. It would be nice to have honey and a variety of jams to choose from at breakfast.

We stay at the hotel every time we visit our daughter. It's a good consistent place that is reasonably quiet.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Would not stay again, not at that rate per night! Should've been charged 1/2 the price, graveyard

Room smelled like smoke...as well as the whole 4th floor. Had to ask for a different room. Breakfast on Sunday, very poor supply of food. Told scrambled eggs out shortly, waited 20 minutes and nothing. Same exact breakfast Saturday and Sunday! Need variety...not same back to back.

Free wifi!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

It met our basic needs for lodging near NY but could be much better.

Near line 7 that takes you to Times Square quicly. Don't try to go by cab, it would be a waste of time and money.

Breakfast eggs and sausages were beyond overcooked.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

All in all I would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

Our bed platform was in pretty bad shape. It felt and sounded as though it could collapse at any moment. We were tired and only staying for one night so we crossed our fingers and are here to tell the tale.

Everything was very good overall. The staff were nice and helpful, the breakfast was pretty good offering a nice variety of choices and the room was clean, well appointed and comfy.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Met our needs

Bathroom shower needed repairs to shower curtain. Bathrooms small (but hey it's NYC)

Friendly staff. Location good for our purpose Super fast internet for a hotel (60mps)

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Comfort Inn Laguargia is not near Laguardia!

Laguardia in name is deceptive! It is not close enough to the airport to make a 6:oo am flight with the shuttle which is why we got the motel in the first place. Had yogurt, orange, Apple in a bag to go because this was so far from the airport we didn't have time for the breakfast. The restaurants we were told were in walking distance were McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts. We arrived at 7:00 pm and left early in the morning, by paid cab, so it was an expensive few hours. We should have stayed where we were and taken Uber to the airport.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Don't stay at this hotel, it's not worth it!!

Our car got a big dent on the passenger's side backdoor while parked for days at the hotel.My husband said it was the maintenance/repair van of the hotel that did it.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Perfectly nice hotel in a very strange location.

It’s not particularly good value but then nowhere is round here. It is in a rather rundown area sandwiched between a scrap yard, a graveyard and an auto repair shop. You would not want to walk around here and there is nowhere to eat in the immediate vicinity which is a drawback. The hotel therefore provide takeaway menus so you can get food delivered.

There is a good airport shuttle service for this hotel which is just as well as otherwise there would be no reason to stay here. Fridge, coffee maker and reliable wifi are provided. Spacious and comfortable room. There is a reasonably substantial breakfast offered.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Booking.com not cheaper

Property was wonderful, booking.com is not, my friends got acheaper rate than me, and they alled only 2 weeks in advance and I called 2 months in advance. Very disappointed with booking.com.

The staff, grat people!!!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The room was very clean and accomodating.

A large cemetery that looked like it covered several city blocks was my view. Not alot of options for places to eat within walking distance. Noticed that the mattress cover had staining on it under the sheets when checking to make sure their weren't any bedbugs.

The room was very clean and accomodating. Wasn't there very much other than to sleep and wash up and change clothes. The room was good and served it's purpose.

Had a very comfortable stay

The workers were excellent courteous and helpful. Rooms with excellent clean and comfortable overall everything about the hotel was great

Near to the airport

Rooms are loud because of the highway near by.

Near to the airport

Bed food location parking all amenities are perfect .

Restroom feels like little small

Bed food location parking all amenities are perfect .

The elevator was broken

Staff was great

The elevator was broken That is what made it not a very enjoyable experience Staff was great Breakfast was a joke

I like Comfort Inn and that is why keep coming back.

No special discount for royal guests

Bed is comfortable,I like it and the breakfast is good.

It was really neat, clean all the time

It was really neat, clean all the time

Great hotel for your money!

The hotel has shuttle to and from subway, very convenient if you visit the city during the day.

Please clean the rooms

Housekeeping don’t clean my rooms

• Suite with King Bed

Transportation the bed the bathroom and convience

the room was little to small.

the room was little to small.

Location. Not a very nice area!

Quick

Quick

The comfortable bed.

The comfortable bed.

My stay was great

I love everything

All was well done

Clean and simple.

Majority of staff needs more training.

Clean and simple.

no micro

no micro bed much too high breakfast----bad and stale assortment--bagels crappy, doughnuts soggy ---cheap

The beds were too high to get up on.

The beds were too high to get up on. I am 5’2 and I had a hard time getting myself on the bed. I had to push myself up onto the bed.

Good place to stay before flight

Not so good neighborhood

Free parking. Big room with comfy beds. Good breakfast.

Worrh it

Clean quiet

I liked the cleanliness and quietness of the hotel.

I didn’t like the breakfast. Everything was watered down except the waffles and fruit.

I liked the cleanliness and quietness of the hotel.

We were there 5 nights and had a very good time
    • Suite with King Bed

The room was very nice. Bed was comfy. Very quiet.

It was one of the best stays I've ever had. And the mattresses were amazing!

no pool, no food vending machines ,breakfast

The cleanliness, the staff, the beds, nice room non smoking

just no

3 night stay... 3 nights of marajuana coming through the vents. Complained to no avail.

Jamie the shuttle driver was informative

The room was comfortable

My room facing a cemetery and receptionists said I had no other option

The room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Very clean large room, friendly staff, good basic breakfast

Very clean large room, friendly staff, good basic breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Storm Stella stay

Sometimes noisy in hallways and in nearby streets.

Good service and help when we got stuck at the airport due to weather.