Reviews of Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albany This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1606 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205, United States of America

6.1

5.6

5.2

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Dirty hotel with poor service
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Staff came into my room while I was asleep , they couldn’t find who they had rented the room to. Asked to speak with the manager and she has been unavailable and has not returned a call

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Decent sized room, clean bathroom, comfortable bed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floors, elevator and pool area were not clean. Pool area was not lit, water was cloudy and the pool itself was warmer than the "hot tub." The beds were missing their blankets and it took 20 minutes to get some.

Decent sized room, clean bathroom, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

The staff were amazing as far as assisting us in everything.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The staff were amazing as far as assisting us in everything. We were traveling on a family emergency and it’s nice to know there are still good people in the world

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Run away from this place!

The facility is disgusting. It’s filthy. Dirty clothes all around the pool . Couldn’t tell you the last time the faculty was actually cleaned. All kinds of ppl living there..my purse was stolen and car was damaged!!!

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the quality of the bedding and linens and cleanliness of the hotel in general was dirty and walls, floors elevators, every where I went. I did not eat or my family because it did not look clean to me

the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Room was clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was good...

Room is not big enough.

Room was clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was good (waffles, cereal, oatmeal, toast, tea, coffee ets.). There are flat TV, microwave, fridge, coffee maker in the room. Bathroom was clean, towels were also good. Parking is free. Good place to stay.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Location was nice, pool area was nice
    • King Room - Smoking

The cleanliness of the elevator/hallways as well as when I went to check in, the guy at the desk wasn't polite when asking for my I.D. he said " give me your i.d." the word PLEASE would be a huge improvement, breakfast could have been a little better with the fruit selection. Not everyone likes apples

Location was nice, pool area was nice

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Not a huge fan and wish I contacted a manager regarding my stay because it was horrible.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lights in my room did not work. And when I used the bathroom the light did not work and I had no choice but to shower in the dark because I checked in late the night before and didn't use the bathroom til the morning so I had no clue the light didn't work. So thankfully the door had a mirror so I was able to use the one light in the room to do my makeup.

Desk clerk was nice. That was about it.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Pool was ok but very cold (it's indoor) but a decent...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Jacuzzi wasn't warm At 1st had to get it turned on....breakfast didn't have a variety

Pool was ok but very cold (it's indoor) but a decent size pool

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Comfortable rooms.

There appears to be a humidity issue in the hallways. Also a dumpster and construction debris are in the parking lot and doors exiting my unit.

Comfortable rooms. Great value!

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

The room was missing a chair and the counter where the TV...
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was missing a chair and the counter where the TV set was cracked not safe because could have got cut on it. They seemed to be renovating and had us right next to the renovation they were in the middle of redoing made me uncomfortable. They also used a cleaner that left a film every where

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

never go there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrive at room and I notice there is no safe box in the room so I called room service and I ask for a safe box or change our room for safety box and he told me you guys pay 68 $ per night and you want to have a safe box too. I told him if you don`t change our room I will put a note in booking.com about this hotel and he told me do it.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

4.0
    Price is competitive, but there's a reason for that.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival, fridge wasn't working, but it was replaced after approx. 3 hours. Several other broken items / abnormal conditions in room. AC kept waking us up all night.

Price was right.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Horrible!!! BEWARE!!!

The whole experience

The general manager is a liar, racist! She goes up on the room rate based on the people who’s in the room. Went up $20 once she saw my partner. Her card is attached! Lied about have pillows and blankets Rooms are disgusting

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Unfortunately I didn't like the property.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

No pool opened, no blankets on the bed. The door to the room wouldn't open with the room key.

Unfortunately I didn't like the property. Do not stay here. It is a waste of money.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Good in a pinch

The continuous use of the word “pet” for my service animal, and refusal to give me a handicap accessible room because of her. Also the room wasn’t ready, beds weren’t made. At least the maid was a sweetheart, not her fault as she probably takes direction from the moron at the desk.

Simple place. Kind of tacky to be honest

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Bad service and they never cleaned the room. Plus the phones didnt work
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Employees were rude and unprofessional. The food was also not so great. I spent over $400 and they didnt clean the room and the carpet had a very bad smell and the comforter .

Horrible

Everything trying to get money back

No hot water for shower, pull out bed sheet filthy. Would not recommend anybody to stay there. Hallways smelled of marijuana.

A little disappointing
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

After one shower we had no hot water.my family couldnt take showers that morning.i was very upset.met another family there who also said they had no hot water.

It was comfortable

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Days Inn Disaster!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff was very rude and inconsiderate. I had called to see if they offered government rates and was told they were booked despite the fact that I didn't give a date for my stay and ended up booking through Booking.com. I was given a room with one bed when I had booked a room for 2 adults and one child, when I called the front desk I was told too bad at first and told that I was given what I had reserved. I explained I had a child with me and was told they had no rooms. I was then rudely told he would call me back because he had a customer. I had to argue the point a couple of more times before I was offered the appropriate space. The room had a bandaid in the couch cushion. Rusty sink, toilet, and tub. Spot of what appeared to be blood on bathroom floor. Bread wrapper on the floor. No screens in windows.

Good location. Enough room to sleep and move around. Easy to find and get around property.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Not good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We specifaclly picked this hotel because it had a pool. We checked in and even talked about the pool with our 6 year old in the lobby in front of the receptionist. We went to the room and changed to go swimming. Walked to the separate building where the pool is located, only to find it was not working. Our son was extremely disappointed. We went to the front to complain and he just looked at us and said, "There's nothing I can do about it." It just would've been nice for him to tell us at check-in that the pool wasn't working. We may have just gone somewhere else. The room was gross. Definitely a cheap motel. Not even a stopper in the bath tub so we could bathe our baby. I may never stay at another's Days Inn.

The Mexican restaurant located in the parking lot was the best thing about this place.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Not worth it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was not clean there was an open beer in my mini fridge and nobody in my group was of age for alcohol and you could tell they hadn’t vacuumed or cleaned well, toilet paper was not replaced. The “hot” tub and indoor pool were FREEZING cold

The room looked nice

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

horrible place
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The pool and the kids and work and everything about the place is horrible besides the bed

the pool and jacuzzi did not work. The pools ice cold jacuzzi with ice cold gin Jets didn't work I paid extra money to stay in the nicer part it wasn't worth the money horrible place

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Worst hotel ever!

Words can't describe the sad state of this hotel. It was terrible and should not be open at all! This hotel should not be on Booking.com. The bathtub was still sticky from paint...I mean...who paints a bathtub to cover up the damage in a bathtub. Smoke detector was loose and hanging down from a wire. It was a non smoking room...but the room smelled like sigarette smoke. And the bed...wow...never slept this bad before... throughout the entire night the neighbours had there TV on, so we had no sleep at all. The breakfast was terrible. I guess we were the only guests using breakfast....because the oatmeal had probably been sitting there for days. The drinking cans were dirty... there was nothing to put on the dry bread...only butter and jam. We could write an entire list of all the bad things in this hotel...but I don't want to waste my time any longer on this hotel. If you want to actually sleep...stay away from this hotel! No...actually...Stay away from this hotel permanently!

Nothing good can be written about this hotel.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

When the pool renovation is complete, it will be an even nicer place to stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The hotel is getting renovated in stages. When we got to our room, there was no TV cable box and the room heater was broken. The management got the cable working and a brand new heater installed within the hour.

The hotel had an accessible bathroom entry, which allowed my companion to get his wheelchair inside. The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Not staying in a hotel with no hot water.

Well, after we checked in we discovered there was no hot water in our room. We were relocated to the room next door. Still no hot water. It was evident the building did not have hot water. So we asked for a refund. One worker/owner offered us a room in the other building which was undergoing major renovations. We declined because it was very messy. We are expecting a refund although I was contacted by booking.com that the hotel reported we were a no show. The elevator was very dirty. There were rips on the curtains. We are not picky people, but no hot water was the deal breaker.

The front desk person was very nice. Location is good.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Awwful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was nasty and stank.the pool n spa was closed n the staff was rude n nasty the rooms were dirty not clean at all. The health department needs to see it

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Very unsatisfactory
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything is not what you said on booking I book a double room with two queen beds but not of those it’s happened we only got a one room with two full size bed smile smoke you have to wait for ten minutes for the water to get hot and the people stay there was scared and fiatting At 3 am for my experience I will not go back I lost money.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Excellent customer service, nice, clean, good location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We made reservations online. I never double checked our reservation on the phone. When we arrived, we looked around the grounds and noticed they were having construction work done. Also noticed a sign on a door saying pool was closed due to renovations. We were just getting away from the house for the weekend for some family fun time (2 pre teen boys). Main reason for choosing this hotel was excellent price and heated indoor pool. Went to the office and a very nice lady helped us. She told me to contact booking directly. Our reservation was a kind that can't be cancelled once made. I had very good luck with hotel owner and booking.com with this problem we had. Our family was able to stay in a near by hotel with a pool. Nothing was ever charged to my account. Thank u for understanding our need for family time by a pool and letting us back out. 🤗 Amy billings

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

great potential but disappointment to see hotel under construction when checking in.

hotel actively under renovations....no pool, hot tub or gym access

My purpose of booking was for the pool and hot tub. My only issue was the hotel is under construction, debris everywhere, pool and gym all not accessible....actually had hotel staff member try to charge me additional $50 to use an out of service room that had a hot tub in it. Overall the staff were friendly, room was great but I wish they informed guest of renovations prior to booking.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Would not stay there again
    • King Room - Smoking

Room was dirty and unsafe there were metal bars sticking out from the side of the bed that my coworker and I kept kicking the bathroom was dirty when we arrived we were promised a discount and never got it there should be communication on the website about the pool not being open

Beds were comfortable good wifi

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Unless these renovations make some serious changes to this hotel, you're better off somewhere else.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I stayed for 2 nights and was pretty unhappy with my experience overall. When we arrived I found that the hotel was undergoing some major renovations. It wasn't the fact that there was renovations that bothered me, it was the fact that debris and tools were scattered everywhere that made it look incredibly messy. The renovations also continued until about 9:30 AT NIGHT. We didn't receive any prior notice that this was going on. Also, the man that checked us in was not so friendly. He acted like he wasn't happy to be there. The breakfast was nothing to brag about either. We ended up going to a Dunkin' Donuts down the street instead.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Spend a few more dollars and book somewhere else.

The hotel was undergoing a massive remodel during my recent stay (just got back yesterday!). Of course, the remodel didn't justify the dirtiness of the bed sheets, floor, or bathroom in my room, but it did explain the loud noise until 9:30 at night. The hotel provided no notice prior to my stay about the remodel. That was frustrating, because I would have booked elsewhere had I known. In addition, the pool and hot tub were closed, the complimentary breakfast only included cereal, and you could tell the staff didn't want to be working there as much as I didn't want to be staying there.

The location and the price are what led me to book at this Days Inn & Suites. But that's it.

Never again!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were not king size the room was small the pool and jacuzzi were closed for remodeling the sidewalks were icy and not shoveled. The free breakfast was a disappointment didn’t even dare to eat. The room looked nothing like the pictures on your site

Nothing to be honest

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

5.5
    The bed was comfy and it was quiet around.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

the entire hotel was in a kind of demolition and rebuilding. There was a lot of dirty things every were we look and no clean place to have a breakfast.

The bed was comfy and it was quiet around.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

POOR
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed, parking lot snow and ice,breakfast poor,renovating and strong smell of paint through out building,smoke alarm was not hooked up,we will not book with Days Inn again.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Entire place was filthy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Absolutely Horrible. We were booked for 3 nights. We left after 1 night. We only stayed 1 night because they wouldnt let us cancel without paying for the night.

Entire place was filthy. Towels had holes in them. Very rude front desk. Hallways smelled. Rooms smelled.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

No pool as adverised
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No pool as advertised, looks like it has been "closed for maintenance" for quite some time. Smoke filled the hallways- despite the non smoking rules, so gross. Ice machine? Where? Do NOT try to make the couch into a bed, gross to another level.

Glad to sleep. Couldn't smell smoke when door was closed

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

4.5
    Under construction!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The place was under construction, with tarps, plastic drapes and plaster in the entry way and halls. The room was not stocked with coffee or hot cups, and the advertised breakfast was nowhere to be found... unless it was in a different building. No one told me if this was the case. The small dining area was vacant.

The king-size bed & mattress were wonderful! I did sleep well.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Close by the mall
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Under renovation and no one told us when booking. The only reason why I stayed there was because they had a pool. I asked for ground floor room when I booked it. When I checked in they gave me a top floor and the pool was under renovation for 2 weeks. I think they should have told us before we booked. Very disappointing.

Close by the mall

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

I would recommend it for a short stay it was affordable with no extensively bad issues

The place was mid renovation and everything surrounding was messy. There was cigarette burns in the bed skirts when it was non-smoking and there was garbage behind the night stand.

The sheets were brand new and the upgraded room we got was suitable

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Great value for suites that have fallen on hard times
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room clearly had not been updated in a long time with much of the furniture broken and left in disrepair. Staff was scarce to be found as I waited for someone, anyone to show up to the desk so I could checkout for 20 minutes.

The price is certainly right! It appears this was a property previously billed as a higher-end location that has since dropped in price range due to demand. The rooms are nice suites and it's rare you get access to a pool and other amenities at this price.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

the whole reason I picked this place was the pool that I never was able to use.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool was not available for my entire week stay. They were also putting in new furniture in most of the rooms and there was stuff all over the place. I know it's not an easy transition but they could have rewarded their customers during this major ordeal.

The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Travelers beware
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The parking lot wasn't plowed properly of snow. The room was disgusting. There was a big hole in the curtain and the carpet was dirty and disgusting.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Good could have been better Will stay again
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Staff was good, facility under major renovations. However, our room was good. Smoke detector was not hooked up, TV stations were very limited. Breakfast had very few choices. Comforter on bed was stained and had burn marks. They did replace when requested. Also offered to move me to another room. I would stay again. Hopefully it will be in a much better condition.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is known for prostitution and drugs. There was rust all over metal door frame inside room, wallpaper peeling, stains on the chairs, carpet with stains and dirty( was afraid to walk on it barefoot), the shower floor was dirty. There was shady characters. There was dressers on the outside near my door to my room and there was a huge tractor trailer parked in front of 4-5 rooms, including mine. Difficult to sleep. Slept on top of the bed spread which was disgusting. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone ever and I have pictures that will get to social media to show everyone how disgusting it was. I would recommend booking.com to take off their website.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Good price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we checked in we were given a room with a broken heating unit. The knobs were broke so you couldn’t adjust the heat or turn it on. They switched our room, turned the heat on in the old room (I assume with a pair of pliers) then gave it to our friend when she checked in. Our new room also had a heater that didn’t work properly, the toilet chain broke because it was rusted and in poor condition, and there were hot dogs left in the microwave from the people before us.

Good price.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

The reason we got the room was to get my children out of the house
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The website said the pool was open and that wasn’t so. Rented from this hotel because the website said the pool was in working order, wanted my children to get some exercise and have some fun .. Didn’t happen

Clean and Quiet

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Bad in general
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Nothing was to my expectation. I booked a room with 2 queen beds and a jacuzzi for $56 on the website. I called and made sure there was a jacuzzi and the manager said yes. He lied, no breakfast was served and the sheets had smoke holes in them. Over all you get what you pay for

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

Never again!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Phone wire in my room was cut and they refused to give me a new phone. Bathroom light was out and they refused to replace it. Bathroom locks were broken even in the public bathrooms down stairs. When I called before I booked they said pool was heated. The water was 43 degrees. The pool room temperature was set at 60. The jets in the spa where broken. They said pool hrs were between 9a-9p but they refused to unlock the door before 5p and kicked us out at 8:15p. The exercise equipment was all broken. Door into the building weren't locked.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2017

HORRIBLE TERRIBLE DIRTY
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Dirty, smelly. Broken lamps, cigarette holes in furniture and bed sheets. Bed sheets inside out showing staff does not even pay attention to their jobs. No one cleaned the room at all between nights or even straightened up or emptied trash. Breakfast was abismal and staff had no idea how to work their own computer system.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

Get out, turn back, Red roof inn down the block!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I got nothing I paid for, like a double room with 2 beds, breakfast, yada yada yada. In fact every item they claimed to have was substituted with 'this is the problem with the website, we only have this room' (Indian accent)

It had parking

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Fun with my daughter-in-law.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed for maintenance and we were disappointed otherwise we would have booked another hotel at a cheaper rate.

The room was clean and bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Not Impressed

It was very noisy in the bathroom, when you turn on the lights. The pool was not open. Even tho I reserved for two nights, I was not allowed to check out a day earlier, I explained that it was OK, but came back the next day to check out.

It was near to every store and had a choice of where to go and eat.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

Nothing really

Bathroom sink was clogged with noodles very nasty and the bed wasn't comfortable. I usually come here often with no problem but this time around I changed my room a couple times and still wasn't satisfied.

Nothing really

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Don't bother.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The entire place was awful, they put us on the 3rd floor, at the end of the building and then told us the elevator wasn't working. The pool and hot tub were out of order. The heat never turned on, just blew cold air. The laundry facilities were out of order.

Close to food locations

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Not too shabby

The first floor smelled like a cross between chlorine and weed. The elevator was very slow made me cautious about using it. Breakfast had limited choices but coffee was good.

The staff were great and very nice. The rooms were comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Worst hotel stay that I have ever had in all of my life.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The indoor pool and the jacuzzi were closed for repairs. Also too, we found bedbugs in the bed. My wife and my kid were bitten by these bedbugs.

There was nothing to like about this hotel. The hotel was cheap on price and cheap on quality.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

This place is filthy and unsafe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was so filthy and run down we didn't stay. The red carpet had black spots the microwave had crusted food inside. The front door security lock was broken and looked like someone had kicked in the door. The smoke alarm was off the wall and on top of the TV. The walls had stains. An electric out let had half the cover plate missing. Could smell pot smoke when we went to the room

The location it was close to the airport

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

It was near all the stuff we wanted to be by
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub was down amd when I booked the suit it said that I would have the juccuzzi in my room but when I got there it was a basic sweet I paid for .

It was near all the stuff we wanted to be by

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

always check the reviews!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the rooms were filthy, I woke up to bugs on my pillow, the bathroom floor was falling apart and the smoke detector was sitting on the television.

the only good thing was the location

• Reviewed: September 20, 2017

If you're looking for a pool, go somewhere else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

SO dirty and just really gross. Found men's underwear in the bathroom. Stains on the walls, etc. I don't know which was stranger, that the pool was 'closed for maintenance' or that the manager opened it for us to go in on the day we arrived (and then closed it back up so we couldn't go in the next morning). Dirty towels near the pool and a fake nail floating in the hot tub. Breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

Would not stay there again unless I had to.

Facilities need major updating. Elevator was very very slow. Key cards had to constantly be replaced. Pool was not available during the day and was not inviting to swim in. Carpeting was ragged looking. It was just a place for a one night stay.

Breakfast was good. There was a variety. It was cheap. Good place to just rest overnight on your trip.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

Unpleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room key didn't work. Then the wifi didn't work. The sheets were dirty. The advertised indoor pool was closed. The staff complained loudly about how gross the breakfast was in the dining room as we ate.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Dreadful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The initial room had duct tape on the entryway. The smoke detector was going off and needed to be replaced. The casual chair was torn and the stiffing was coming out. The Matching stool was stained. The next room we were placed in didn't even have a smoke detector and there were feces in the toilet. In both rooms there was an awful smell that permeated the whole building.

Close to the highway.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

Never. Again worst place ever
    • King Room - Smoking

There was bees in my room and I'm allergic. The room smelled it was dirty sheets. The pool broken the ice machine broken they were rude got my reservation messed up asked for a late check out they would do it they woke us up at 4 am

AWFUL

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Bring your own plunger....don't expect too much customer service

Toilet not working...staff of four were mostly indifferent...no one on maintence until the morning, so they said..I was given a DIRTY plunger so I could fix the problem...not happy

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

We would not stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bedsheets was the wrong size and did not fit the mattress rolling off the corners. There was coffee and tea but no coffee pot. The ice machines and vending machines have been removed on the floor we were on and only ice available on the ground level. Our chair cushion cover was rolling off the stuffing! The room and bathroom were only acceptable in cleanliness.

The staff was very accommodating and friendly!

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Not using this hotel again

1. Entire third floor hallway smelled like weed, it was disgusting 2. Screaming children legitimately blocking the doorway our first night. Someone should have spoken to the parents 3. Re-tarring the parking lot but no signs to warn guests that tar was setting. Seems like a liability issue 4. Elevator door was split into 2 parts, could see mechanical works behind door. Felt unsafe 5. Breakfast staff shout-talking about their personal lives while guests are eating. Idc what you do on your personal time but you're at work so stop talking about your sex life in front of guests

Complimentary breakfast was nice Housekeeping was prompt and efficient

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

horrible and it cost more than we wanted to spend in thje first place
    • Deluxe Double Suite with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the beds, the floors were filthy, the pool was ice cold and had limited hours, the hot tub was broken and cold and dirty. The staff was unfriendly and rude. Barely any food for the continental breakfast and terrible what was there

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Should have stayed in the Howard Johnson next door!!!

Room not ready when we arrived at 4:00 P.M. Had to wait 30 minutes. We got stuck in the elevator (room on 3rd floor) and had to call 911. Finally someone from the motel got us out after about 10 mins. Then personnel not happy about having to carry suitcase up 3 flights which we couldn't do ourselves.. Elevator shut down for rest of our stay. Walked down with all our luggage 3 flights. No offer to help. Bulb out in bathroom, so only one small bulb lit the room. Had no other bulb to fit fixture they said. Only sheet on bed. When asked for blanket, a queen-sized fitted bedspread was brought for our king-sized be. Asked again for a blanket and was told there would be no one to bring it before the next shift, 10:30 pm. Then a king-sized spread was brought, no blanket.

Mattress comfortable. Shower good. Air conditioning good.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

The room was dirty with little piles of dirt in the corner...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty with little piles of dirt in the corner of the room and gum on the carpet. The sheets were so thin that you could see through the top sheet to the mattress.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

STAY AWAY
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I am not happy with how booking.com rates the survey! I gave poor for ALL questions and you are still marking it at 2.5!!! THIS is a ZERO star hotel!!!! the man who checked us in, picked his nose and snorted the whole time he was filling out our paperwork. We went into our room and it was old and worn, but clean. The next morning as we were going to shower, our Tub and Shower Curtain had so many dirt rings around them that they looked like someone washed their dog in it and didn't clean up. I had to shower with a hand towel on the tub floor and pray I didn't touch the walls off the shower! I cannot give this hotel ANY stars.

NOTHING

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Not great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smelled bad everywhere. Did not feel secure with doors being open to general public. Pool was small and freezing, spa was lukewarm. Pool area smelled incredibly moldy. Pics on website are outdated, I do not recommend.

Bed was comfortable and shower was new.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2017

A lesson learned.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room needed a very good , deep cleaning. Carpet was stained, curtains, and bed spreads were in bad shape. I have decided I will never stay in another Days Inn.Friend feels the same. Don't. believe vacuum had been used for a while behind night stand and bathroom.

Browse Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albany Traveler Photo Gallery