Reviews of Best Western Northwest Corpus Christi Inn & Suites 3 stars

3838 US Highway 77, Corpus Christi, TX 78410, USA

#32 of 78 hotels in Corpus Christi

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

We enjoyed our stay, the hotel was very clean and comfy.
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

We were little far from the bay and our favorite restaurant. Took a good 30 minutes to get across town.

The breakfast was pretty good. The hotel and our room were very clean. The beds and pillows were comfy. Check-in and out was very easy and quick.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good stay

The room had a weird kind of musty smell. Parking got full fast.

The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. Good amenities, pool, workout area, office area, grill/bbq area. The bathroom was a nice size.

Very Satisfied😀😀

My family and I stayed 5 days/nights and was very pleased. Awesome experience!! awesome/friendly staff good clean rooms great breakfast . First time staying at a Best Western and we will definitely be using them again. 😀😀😀#vac2018😀😀

Wonderful stay! Super clean!!
    • King Suite with a Sofabed - Non-Smoking

This hotel was super clean! The staff was friendly and the beds were so comfortable! The pool was nice and clean and so was the area. I’ll definitely recommend and come back.

the room was a little too small

there was little room to put luggage. I will never travel to the area again. If this is the best place to enjoy the ocean that Texas has, I'll travel outside TX.

the room was a little too small

Pleasant stay, will be back.

Don't have any complaints. Improvement would be parking area, but acknowledge city and space limitations.

Good bed and pillows. Quiet a.c..good size room and clean. House service was friendly.

Enjoyable
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

They really didn't accommodate early and late check in/out. The rooms were fairly clean on the surfafe but we did find the dirty socks of a previous guest under a bench.

The breakfast had a variety of food and a 3hr serving window.

The bed was comfortable.

The price for the hotel was ridiculous. I was dressing in my room and one of the cleaning staff walked right into my room with a pass key. This could have been really awkward had I been fully unclothed.

Bed was comfortable. The breakfast said there were gluten free options available. I asked and they showed me a box of Lucky Charms. To be honest, that's pretty weak in the way of gluten free options. There are all sorts of gluten free breads and waffles and protein bars. Might want to consider that if you are advertising Gluten free to have some real options.

All in all worth the price, and great place if you have kids.
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping cleaned our room twice out of the 4 nights we stayed. And when they did, they didn't change our bed sheets, just made the beds up. Or the hard time finding parking at night after a long day of play.

Love the small things the hotel staff did to make it fun for the kids. Like blow ups in the pool, and a photo shoot with props and backgrounds for spring break 2018 and St.Patricks day.

So disappointing!!!

The parking is horribel, you will not have nowhere to park if you do not get to the hotel early. We were driving in from 4 1/2 hours away on a Friday night after getting off of work. Upon checking in at 11:30pm, the guy that was working at the front desk did not say much at all. We proceeded to go up to our room which was 231. Connecting to the Wi-Fi did not work even after calling the front desk for assistant after he did not give us the username. The room was very uncomfortable and hot and seem to just stay one temperature even with turning down the ac as far as it could go. The bathroom was basic. The coffee maker had dust all over it, in case anyone drinks coffee which we do not. The breakfast is only to 9:30am and the food was not so great and did not have a lot to choose from. They only had one waffle maker which if you wanted one you would have to wait forever! Returning from our all day event, our room did not get cleaned the first day. I was told by the front desk if my room has a dnd sign on it "that we took off at 9:30am return back from breakfast that morning" the housekeeping likes to leave early and will not clean it if they see a sign when they start working at 8:30am. I was also told if I wanted my room clean I should of told the housekeeper upon leaving my room. Since our room was not cleaned I had to call the front desk and ask for more towels to be brought up to my room, this is around 10pm. He offered to bring them up but said it would be awhile since he was checking in a customer, so I offered to go get them. He the said if I could wait 10 or 15min because he was in the middle of washing them. After waking up that morning as we were packing and getting ready to leave. My husband notice ants on the bed crawling on the mattress and bed sheets! We told the lady at the front desk while checking out. She did not seem surprise when we told her about the bugs and also stated she will be contacting someone to come spray.

Very surprise that the location was perfect and close to the Event we were going to. The refrigerator is always very nice to have in the rooms if you need to use. The hotel did offer breakfast.

Our stay was good.

This time there was a strong mildew smell in our room and the other 3 rooms my family members where in.

We stay here often because it's close to family.

Mostly likely won't return.
    • King Suite with a Sofabed - Non-Smoking

I got charged for an additional $17.25, I don't know why I was charged for this. The bed sheets where stained and there some bugs by the pillows.

Overall a great stay and I would stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room wasn't ready at 3pm check in which was slightly frustrating but they got us in as soon as possible.

Friendly staff. They let us use the breakfast dining area to play card games with our kids. They were all helpful and the hotel was well kept.

All in all it was good.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like how it was a little too far from the beach but it was nearby other shopping centers and food places. Which wasn't so bad since the beach doesn't offer too much of that

All in all it was good.

Staff was extremely helpful, the property was beautiful. We will stay again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The bathroom fan needed to be fixed and so did the shower head. No matter what setting you put the shower head on it still didn't work right. Also if you are going to serve waffles you need more than one waffle iron. It took my daughter 20 min to get hers because there was only one waffle iron and so many other people there.

The bed was comfortable, I loved the free drinks, and the breakfast had a good variety. The little lady working the breakfast was wonderful, very nice and helpful.

So so location.
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

It is lo ated about 30initrs from the beach and North of Corpus Christi.

We loved the large room with two king size beds and a pull out sofa! It fit our family of five. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is plenty of food nearby though.

Liked how clan everything was kept, when we needed something...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

It got to hot in our room at night would be better if we could adjust our own AC temp and the room had an off smell to it. Other than that we eill

Liked how clan everything was kept, when we needed something no hesitation to helps to us.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

A very pleasant stay

Breakfast was great with a little bit of everything. Close to restaurants and store. Beds were very comfortable. Laundry was a convenience. Thank you

Would recommend this property.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Juice machine was not prepared for morning breakfast. Pillow was a little too firm.

Friendly staff, easy to park, nice breakfast. Spacious and clean room.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The lady at the reception was the friendliest we ever met.

The lady at the reception was the friendliest we ever met. The hotel & the rooms were awesome. Everything is new and very clean! We really enjoyed it and were sad that we just booked 1 night. This hotel was one of five during a 3-week-roadtrip and it was the best we stayed in!

Staff was friendly, gym was equip with everything I needed

The first room smelled musty and wet so we asked to switch. When we did the second room was worse so we went back to the first. The bed just felt damp and the musty smell never went away.

Staff was friendly, gym was equip with everything I needed

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The staff was so helpful and friendly.

No complaints!

The staff was so helpful and friendly. The entire hotel inside and out was very clean. Close to businesses if you forgot anything. About 35 miles to Mustang Island, easy drive. Close to USS Lexington, 15 miles. Easy to get to where you need to go in Corpus.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The hotel was nice looking.
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

We walked in and the first thing we saw was a huge roach in tub. Then the next night another one, next another one. We killed all three of them total in our three night stay. If they are in the upstairs room I worry about kitchen having them. Could have offered a discount on price when we let front desk know. That would have been the right thing to do. I have a major fear of roaches..

The hotel was nice looking...

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Great place to stay!
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything I disliked.

I liked the comfort and design of it.The room was very clean and big.The breakfast was great.My children loved the Texas waffles.About a 15 minute drive to the Corpus Christi Bay.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

This place is nice. Too bad about small and smelly pillows.

The pillows were small and smelled like other people slept on them and not wash. A lot of cotton is grown in that area, so regular pillows should not be a problem.

The from desk staff. And maintenance care taker staff.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Freaking awesome
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing to not like about it

I loved everything about this hotel i honestly don't know where to start. The staff was amazing Justin was very friendly and made sure everything was okay with us. He came up to the room and hooked up the WiFi for us on our phones. The beds was soooo comfy the rooms were so clean. The breakfast was amazing. The pool was clean and refreshing,the outside area was very clean I will be going back to this hotel there is no doubt about that at all.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Ac leaked carpet was wet

Ac leaked carpet was wet

clean rooms, great location

slippery bath tubs

very clean rooms

Great place to stay.(Satisfying)
    • King Suite with a Sofabed - Non-Smoking

The price I think it was a little too much.

Service was great, very attentive and very friendly.

Everything was amazing.
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was amazing. The room was huge, the pool was awesome. The employees were so nice m, I really enjoyed my stay.

The staff here were very respectful and greeted my family...
    • King Suite with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our room had a old wet smell to it.

The staff here were very respectful and greeted my family and i anytime they saw us.

We love the property is nice and clean and really close to stores and restaurants ease access

There are no problems

Is all good

Was ok next time I’ll be more prepared And ask more questions about hotel before i book My stay
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Someone smoking marijuana on our floor. Other guest running in hall knocking on doors late.

Location was great.

Breakfast was delicious

Breakfast was delicious

The beds were ok

Our room still had clothing from the people that were there before us and my 4 yr old found a bra not what you want to see

The beds were ok

Marvelous!!

There was nothing that i didnt like.

Everything Ann's the photo booth was AWESOME!!

Great place to stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

My ac kept shutting off so my room got really hot and uncomfortable at night.

Friendly staff!

Clean and accessible

Room smelled musty; we brought along our diffuser which helped tremendously.

Location and cleanliness

There was an odor through out the lobby and in the rooms...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

There was an odor through out the lobby and in the rooms like mildew

It was great!
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Spacious room, comfortable bed, quiet room!

The room was already cold when we arrived and that was nice!

The room was already cold when we arrived and that was nice!

Clean hotel.

Clean hotel. Staff was amazing and made our stay very comfortable.

Price

Price

Parking

Not enough parking

Very good all around

• Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

See employees are great the rooms were great the breakfast was great

Loved it everything was great

It fit the bill this time. We will probably book again when we come back to this area
    • Deluxe King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was ok the first day but cold the second day we told them. The unit was not on enough.

Room size was good for us this trip

Good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I got charged $30 more for the 2nd night!!!!

Close to shopping, nice quiet location

There wasn't enough parking
    • King Suite with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There wasn't enough parking

Great for unexpected stop, easy check in and they have what they offer

I know it is a humid area but the room had a real musty odor

Would recommend the hotel for nice accomadations. A bit far from the beach, but the price and comfor

Good value for family travel.

Pool

No a/c

Pool

nice area around close to the stores

the pool need more take care the water wasnt clean not good looking view

nice area around close to the stores

It was all good

amanda that checked me in was interested that i was taken...

f half sized pillows????

amanda that checked me in was interested that i was taken care of not just a #

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Was very nice and clean place to stay

No hot tub

Great Stay!

Great location, near attractions and restaurants, easy access off and on freeway, large room, great staff and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

need later check out time for guests arriving after midnight.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The 11 am check out. We arrived at 2am. could have let us check out at noon.

The waffles.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Staff was very friendly.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good. Free happy hour 6-8 was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

I would definitely stay again!

Not being able to drink the water which is was not in your control other than that it's all good

I would definitely stay again! Customer service was excellent

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Construction workers began working early morning.

Construction workers began working early morning. I had to call front desk because I could not sleep. They could have had the construction workers start after checkout time. It was an unpleasant stay. I do not know if I will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

The room was nice .

Bed could of been a little softer. And bedding a little newer.also carpet had lots of stains. They were remodeling the hotel would like to go back when it finished I'm sure it will be nicer.

The room was nice .breakfast was good.pool was great .

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

I cannot come up with a singular example.

Rusted out hardware in the bathroom, stains on the sofa, and general lack of cleanliness. I felt dirty.

I cannot come up with a singular example. Completely disappointed.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Even though the hotel was in the process of renovations it...

Even though the hotel was in the process of renovations it was very nice and looks like it's going to be even nicer. I slept well and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

YOUR STAFF WAS EXCELLENT.

WE COULDNT CHECK IN EARLIER.

YOUR STAFF WAS EXCELLENT. VERY FREINDLY AND HELPFUL. THE GIRLS ENJOYED THE POOL AND THE BREAKFAST WAS GREAT. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Amanda, who checked me in, was very friendly.

Amanda, who checked me in, was very friendly. The room was clean, and the AC was cold. I asked for a late checkout, and the staff was very accommodating. The outside property was well maintained including pool, and the inside is what you would expect of a three star hotel. Overall, happy with my stay.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Nice hotel staff.

They put a $94 hold on my card without warning. Didn't even tell me about it when I was paying for our room at check in with a different card. Im yet to get my money back. The location is a 20 min drive from main attraction in Corpus Christi and had we done more research before our trip, we would have found better hotels at better rates near main attractions i.e. Radisson and Emerald beach hotel.

Nice hotel staff.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Loved the hotel.

The staff when we left. She looked and acted like she didn't want to be there. And was non responsive when we voiced a complaint. The hotel smelled muggy and mildewed when we returned after being gone all day.

Loved the hotel. The room was great and the bathroom was amazing. breakfast had great options.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2015

NOTHING.

VERY UNSANITARY. I SPOKE WITH FRONT DESK ABOUT THE FOOD IN THE BED AND THEY SAID " THAT'S F____KED UP. AND ASKED IF I WANTED TO MOVE.. THEY ALSO STATED THAT ROOM HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED IN SEVERAL DAYS BECAUSE NO ONE HAS USED IT.

NOTHING.....

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Parking was limited

Parking was limited

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.