Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Mesa Near Downtown 2 stars

651 East Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85203, USA

#7 of 42 hotels in Mesa

Clean room, clean bathroom, modern amenities.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No fault of theirs, there was construction and the whole main street was torn up. Other than that it was fine.

Clean room, clean bathroom, modern amenities. Only one employee was not very friendly.

My stay at baymont

I didn't like the way the parking lot is so plane and had an empty dirt lot behind it. That space could be used for something else.

I liked the service and how friendly the staff was. Felt like home. I liked how clean the room was and how the room temperature was set just right when I walked in. I liked the size of the television it was perfect.

Nothing the room was clean though

Firstly I'm a litter torrent that visited this established they double charge me which messed up my account then after the I official checked out the charged me again...which is causing me major financial issues

Nothing the room was clean though

Good area and you could walk to downtown area with local...

Waffle machine was sticking and breakfast was a bit lackluster if not typical hotel fare.

Good area and you could walk to downtown area with local breweries (if not for the heat). Pool was nice and typically you had it to yourself. Gym was an LA fitness so you’d have to drive to it

Poor customer service

The front desk told me every time I called before I arrived that he had 7 check ins so he could help me... when I arrived he was very rude.. room was nice, my back is very sore from the bed. I wouldn’t recommend due to the poor customer service..

Great place to stay!

We enjoyed our stay here. Excellent service and facilities for the price. We will definitely book here again if we are in the area. Thank you to everyone at Baymont Wyndham Mesa for being so awesome!!

The staff is great and the rooms are nice.

Eating area is small

We stay once a month for Dr. visits. The staff is awesome and very helpful. The area is safe and quite at night. I like the pool. The bed and pillows are always clean and fresh. No complaints. Will book again when we are in town.

Basicly the stay was good.

Stained and torn carpet

The facility, room and breakfast was everything we expected. The only problem was that the carpet in our room was coming apart at the seams in front of the bathroom and the carpet was a little stained. Other than that, the stay was fine.

Between Angel, Max, and Glen they went above and beyond to...

No complaints.

Between Angel, Max, and Glen they went above and beyond to make our stay very comfortable. Restaurants and park are walking distance and plus the rail train was located across the street. Thank you /)

We had a great stay.

Nice staff. The room was clean and the beds are great. The pool is very clean. We stay at is location when we are in town once a month. I need first floor for handicap partner and one is always available.

The pool area was very nice.

The location and all the construction on the road.

The pool area was very nice. Comfy couch and chairs under a veranda with a ceiling fan. We also got vouchers to work out at LA Fitness just down the road.

It was all good but the breakfast

The breakfast was horrible! I went once never again; nothing there but cheap carbs and sugar. Disgusting really to call that a good breakfast

Clean room, it was nice

We will not stay here again.

Breakfast was not what we expected. It was make your own waffles, over ripe fruit, or cereal. Check in took over 10 minutes. AC unit needed new batteries. Lots of kinks that could have been prevented by staff management.

We paid extra to have a hot tub, which brought some relaxation to our stressful trip.

Okay stay for an overnight

Check in wait was long as the clerk and a customer discussed their various illnesses and current ailments. They could both see me waiting but the discussion went on and on. The pillows were horrible! Hard squares of foam rubber. Bathroom looked clean but we found strands of long black hair in the bath towels.

Good room size, bed was comfortable, room was clean. Good location for us, breakfast was acceptable.

Nice, spacious room in a clean hotel, ruined by ghetto, noisy people with bratty kids
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were SEVERAL people constantly making a ridiculous amount of disturbing noise. There were young kids and babies staying in each of the rooms next to mine that were always crying and screaming. I spent a couple thousand dollars staying at this place during my 2-3 week stay, and for at least half of that time, I was woken up every single morning when my next door neighbors would fling their door open and allow their kids to shriek and scream and yell right outside my door at 7am. There were always kids screaming at an unnecessary volume at the pool. For several days there was someone playing an actual trumpet inside that you could hear all the way from the opposite end of the building. Management never wanted to do anything about any of this. I called the office once to ask if the screaming kids at the pool could be quieted, but the man who answered sounded irritated at me for calling in the first place, and immediately called me a liar because he said he had "just seen the cameras and there was no one at the pool". Nothing was done about to the kids and I listened to then scream for another hour. I spent a lot of my money at this place while I transitioned to a new house. Unfortunately, this hotel is nice but since it is situated right in the middle of ghetto mesa, the caliber of people they have staying there is a lot of times very low.

I liked the vaulted ceilings and the general feel of the guest rooms.

Breakfast was good.

shower curtain rod allowed water go get on the floor because it was half disconnected from wall. I reported it to the morning desk clerk.

Breakfast was good.

5 star without the price tag.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed and Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

A lot of construction for the tram/railway right next to the hotel. Also seems to be in a low income area. It was uncomfortable leaving my car in front of the hotel by the street. A lot of homeless walking by. Not many restaurants in the area.

It was very clean. Loved the hot tub in our room. We had a mini fridge and microwave. It was very close to the ikeda theater. Breakfast was basic but nice.

We will be back

Lots of construction going on roadside at this time. I am sure it will get better, once completed.

Very clean, bed was very comfortable. Lots of extra seating, large room.

We will stay here again.

The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable and so were all of the pillows! Breakfast was good with the muffins being very moist. Coffee was hot and just right!

Will never stay there again. Better places for less money.

Baymont Inn or hotel.com cancelled my reservation 96 minutes before check in while l was in the air due to a typing error even though a confirmation number was issued. Lucky to get the last room. Room was advertised as a suite. It wasn't.. Just a standard room. Desk person told us picture on website was wrong. Four nights for $900+.Not the best neighborhood. Baymont Inn and Suites Mesa AZ did not deserve their rating they advertised. PS, breakfast was meatless with cold hard boiled eggs.

Not much.

Incredible hospitality!

Construction is going on around the property.

Incredible hospitality! We were in town for the Phoenix Marathon. They literally opened up breakfast for all the marathon runners at 3am to make sure we had coffee, food, etc. for the race. Was amazing! Good location, and even better service.

Wonderful!!

Everything was good! No complaints whatsoever!!!

The wonderful lady at the counter even arranged an early morning breakfast (2:30-4:00 am) for any of us runners of the Mesa-Phoenix Marathon. So thoughtful of her!! Everything was very clean and comfortable!!

Not acceptable!

My reservation was not matching the service I have been receiving. I paid for the upgraded room and it was not available when I arrived. A smelly and dirty standard room was offered and now I am waiting to get refund for the entire amount since it was a breach of contract which caused me a lots of inconvenience.

Nothing at all!

Front desk staff was amazing!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed and Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff was amazing! I accidently left my ID in the room and they were very urgent about getting it back to me as quickly as possible! My room was great - living room hot tub was a big plus! Will be staying here again in the future!

I really enjoyed this stay and look forward to booking future stays.

I had one issue that was beyond your control. A couple of the guests had an altercation outside in the hallway at about 2 or 3 am. That really disturbed me. But as I stated, that was beyond the control of your facility.

I really appreciate the level of hospitality the staff exhibited. The room was really peaceful and very well decorated. The parking arrangement was very convenient also.

Comfortable until checkout.

I would have all top positive scores if not for the GM when I checked out. He has no people skills. He even said he didn't hear a word I said. (it was because he chose not to, clerk standing beside him heard me) Everyone else at this property was helpful and genuinely glad to have guests.

Vickie at the front desk, was extremely helpful!

Great place to stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My only complaint would be that can hear the room next to you if the occupants are noisy. Other then that itt is a great place to stay.

Very clean and upto date. Beds are very comfortable.

Loved the pool area!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only thing to suggest is that breakfast should be open until 10 on weekdays as well as the weekends. If your on holidays you are on a different schedule than if on business.

Very helpful and friendly staff!

Very nice stay in Mesa!

No exercise room but I went for a walk to the park close by.

The front desk staff were all friendly and courteous. I had fun in heated pool and hot tub! Breakfast was very good, nice variety with waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, boiled eggs, bagels - staff made sure to restock when something ran out.

WILL NOT GO BACK FELT VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AFTER FINDING BED BUGS

NO ADVICE ON MAIN STREET CONDITION BEFOREHAND

DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT AT THE PLACE, BED BUGS ON BOTH BEDS, HAD TO POINT OUT THE BUGS TO MANAGER WOULD NOT TAKE OUR WORD .THE STREETS IN FRONT OF THE PLACE (MAIN ST) IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION SO GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE PLACE IS TERRIBLE

Overall a plesant place to stay,

everything was great

Even though I was early and a room wasn't available for me, the lady at the front desk was nice enough to offer to hold my bags for me until the room opened up, and she sped that up for me too!

A great deal.

The TV and phone had been altered by a prior occupant. Staff corrected both immediately.

The rooms are spacious and clean. Plenty of towels and hot water. Parking lot well lit and video monitored. Located in center of Mesa allow access to facilities. One of the better options for a very reasonable price.

Clean, quiet and good value.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Front desk woman Vicki was outstanding - efficient and friendly. Room was large and quiet. Hot tub outside was great. Unfortunately someone earlier had used bubbles in it and they had to close it down after our use for repair. But they were very accommodating about letting us finish our use.

Very clean and friendly!

Beds were a little hard not a big deal just like it little bit softer

Very very clean staff was very helpful and very friendly redid you every time you came in contact with them

Overall, it was a good value for the cost.

The breakfast hours were 6am-9am. All the food and beverage items were efficiently removed at 9:00 am Sharp. (it was understood that they'd finish the meal at 9:00, but they kinda happily snatched everything up really fast).

The bed, room, and bathroom were all clean. (That is really important!). The hotel was quiet. The shower was good. It was a good value for the cost. The helper staff were very nice.

A very nice place to stay

Our stay here could not have been better in fact we extended it for the duration of our stay in the area.The staff is exceptional! Especially Glen,he truly went the extra mile to make sure our stay was nice.

Never will go back !!!

The employees, the manager. Their customer service skills were horrible and they continously lied to me for no reason and were super rude and made me feel like we were an inconvinence. I staydd two nights and was going to stay another expect I didn't even feel welcome! I got a hard time for asking for shampoo & conditioner evdn though I stayed an extra night the guy at the desk argued with me and said house keeping put down that they serviced the room, which is a total lie and then they lied about multiple other things . B.S.

The bathroom was nice - ex:the shower

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

The first two days were good, but after that there were a LOT of people that just hung out outside. (They may have been smokers from the hotel) And when we'd come back in the evening, it was a little scary. They'd stare, some would follow...the location was on the border of the nice side out of town and not so nice. But, out of all the hotels in Mesa that we saw, it is by far the nicest. We will probably stay there again.

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Specifically Glenn.

Decent, clean and affordable place to stay
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The Baymont is about what you'd expect at this price point. A little worn out and drab. Everything seemed to be kind of a beige color. Also my room was big, but there the TV in it was really small, and overall the furniture was very basic. All of this is expected at this price point though.

The Baymont was a basic, clean motel, with friendly staff—exactly what I was expecting. The bed was comfy, and the bathroom was fine. The suite I had was big and had a couch, which I appreciated. Downtown Mesa has a pretty good selection of local, non-chain stuff, so that was nice.

Terrible location

No food available. Vending machines were out of order and there are no stores or restaurants within walking distance. After traveling all day and very hungry, front desk was not the least bit helpful with the exception of answering "no" to all my questions.

Dirty

This place is very dirty we stayed for 5 days the only thing that was nice about this place was our room was serviced but other than that it sucked. There coffee maker did not work, no ice machine, and the staff is not friendly other than the manager. The beds were okay nothing special, the pool is disgusting we did not use it once. Will never stay here again.

They made are beds everyday.

Great place to sleep.

Coffee Machine Push button and bad coffee comes out. Mostly carbs for breakfast. They closed the pool because of rain and lighting.

Nice room and very clean

Fire alarm went off a few times while we slept.

Fire alarm went off a few times while we slept. I dont really know what happened but some guy broke a pipe? and it flooded the downstairs and so there was allot going on late at night with the inccident. I had 2 young kids and it kept them up with all the commotion. If I wouldnt have called front desk no one would have said anything to us that it wasnt safe or anything.

Worst night ever

Fire alarm went off at about 130ish AM, seconds later a hostage situation took place with the warning of firearms being enforced, barking K9, suspect screaming upon capture. The incident took place for a little over an hour. Instead of lying in bed, we hunkered down on the floor between the beds in case of gun shooting. We brought it up with front desk before checkout, it was obvious clerk didn't want to offer remedy as we told him we were so tired from what took place, we even came down for breakfast but there was none offered as described by Booking.com (breakfast is one of the main reasons we stay at certain hotels), instead there was a restoration crew cleaning the scene. It was a terrible night and didn't get to enjoy our day as we were drained. The clerk's hesitation and lack of empathy to offer remedy was the worst!

Comfortable beds, cleanliness

Best stay in Mesa
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The best stay in Mesa because of excellent service in the hotel, I must admit that Mr Glenn was one of the most helpful receptionist ever met! Thanks to his kindness and hospitality we felt like home ! Highly recommended!

Surprised how nice.

Not a lot of shopping or restaurants close by but it wouldn't be far to drive to something.

Very comfortable rooms and friendly staff. The hotel was close to where our daughter lives so it was very convenient. Extremely close to the LDS temple, within walking distance so great location for the Easter pageant.

Clean & comfy!

Jetted tub was slippery to get out of with no grab bar & tiled floor around tub.

Clean, comfortable rooms with room to move, desk, comfy bed & chair, fridge, microwave, extra pillows, mini shampoos, etc. Excellent accomodations. Two in a room with double queen beds, while my daughter & her beau stayed in the king suite with jacuzzi tub. Great stay!

Nice comfortable rooms.

Just a bit of construction in front of the property. Maybe a bit more of a selection for breakfast.

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Check-in staff was friendly when we arrived.

Construction outside my window too early in the morning.

Construction outside my window too early in the morning. Two days of waking up at 6:30 am. I came for rest and peace. Probably shouldn't have booked that whole side of hotel.

Great stay!

More protein options for breakfast.

Great value! Clean and close to light rail station. Can take light rail to downtown or airport easily. Not the best area in town but hotel is secure and clean. Should be 3 stars.

Very clean.

Breakfast could have been better. Needed more protein choices, but for free not bad.

Very clean. Very comfortable beds. Very friendly staff. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Comfortable & clean

The breakfast pretty carb heavy! But there was a good variety!

It was a very clean property. It would have been nice to have some outdoor area to sit in the morning before the pool area opened at 9 am. There was a nice gazebo area there, but we could not use it in the morning. My husband gets up early & would have liked to be outside to drink his coffee. I have back problems & the bed was quite comfortable. We were both very pleasantly surprised how nice everything was, especially for the price!

GOOD VALUE / VERY COMFORTABLE ROOM / GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

The breakfast that was offered in the lobby area left a lot to be desired, so we decided to go to a restaurant for breakfast.

Glenn, the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful. I was travelling with my elderly parents and he was kind enough to walk with us to show us where the room was and pointed out the best place to park for easiest access. The key cards that he gave me did not work, so he immediately replaced them. We were pleased with the room. It was clean and comfortable. We arrived after 9:00 p.m. and left early the next morning, so I don't have any additional comments about our stay since we did not take advantage of any of the amenities. I left my Driver License at the front desk when I checked in and Glenn immediately called me when he found it. Unfortunately, I was halfway home when he called, so he mailed my license to me. I was very pleased with the service and our accommodations.

The staff was very pleasant.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The noise from the second floor, walking around above our bedroom.

The staff was very pleasant. The beds are very comfortable. The place was very clean.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great stay

Construction on Main Street and next door to the property. Can't be helped but a pain.

Very clean and quiet. Great experience. Pleasantly surprised.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

UNDERWHELMING...

CONSTRUCTION AT 6AM WOKE US UP. TOUR BUS FULL OF KIDS CAME IN AND TOOK UP ALL OPEN SPACE. HOT WATER WAS COLD AT NIGHT. LIGHT IN BATHROOM TOO DARK TO USE FOR FACE MAKEUP.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great staff and quiet.

The hot breakfast is just a waffle machine, but they had hard boiled eggs, so we were alright. The hotel could use some repairs in places - corners damaged by luggage, etc. Overall, these things wouldn't keep me from going back.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the room was comfortable. We enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub after a long drive. Quiet area and parking is directly outside.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Good sleep and the rest not worth the Over price of this hotel.

Location, no retail stores close. No sit down resetuants close. DQ but they only served ice cream. Breakfast area only had 16 chairs and was overly crowded. Value was horrible! No guest laundry! Kinda the wrong neighborhood. Nothing within real walking distance. I think this system of giving this hotel 5.4 stars is Miss leading as it wasn't that good.

Comfort of beds

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Rooms clean although a little crowded.

Construction going on next door at 6:30 am. Not advised about this when booking. Lady at front desk pretty much ignores you when needing to talk to her.

Rooms clean although a little crowded.

Clean Hotel, Newer Facility, Great Staff

I thought the rates were extremely high. I am from Minnesota and the same hotel would go for around $150 a night and we ended up paying 200 and 350 on the weekend which was pretty outrageous.

The breakfast was great. The staff was amazing and were always kind when we asked for something. The pool and hot tub area were kept clean and the maintenance man was working on the landscaping when we were there. I am hopeful since this place is pretty new that they maintain this beautiful property.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Good quality. Nice location. Exceptional staff!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The comfort of the bed. The mattress was to hard and the pillows really need an upgrade. For such a nice place, the pillows were of average quality at best.

Staff! The all were exceptional; from the hotel manager down to the maintenance and housekeeping employees, all were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Very nicely decorated, hallways especially.

Very nicely decorated, hallways especially. Loved the convenience of the refrigerator and microwave, used them both. Happy the rooms were inside a hallway and not out in the elements and that a key was required to enter them. Felt pretty secure. Not too far from Dianlo Stadium.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Our Mesa Visit

The hotel was in a rather sketchy area and there was construction all around. As we were visiting relatives in Mesa we wished we would have stayed somewhere closer to them in a nicer hotel.

It was easy to find as we had never stayed there before. The front desk clerk was very helpful when we had any questions as to finding different places.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Lovely Room,,,,,,,,, BUt !
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard, the pillows were flat and the towels was so Scratchy it hurt to dry off with them. Towels were small and they only put two towels,and two washcloths in the room for two people. Usually for two people they have four of each.I Just like to wash my face with a clean washcloths. Breakfast was just OK.

Nice big room. Great staff. Great maids.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Phoenix AZ Baymont Stay

Breakfast was somewhat lacking considering the price per night. Pillows were terrible, shoulda brought my own from home.

Friendly staff, clean facility and quiet location. Nice room and comfortable bed too.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Construction Obstacles

The property was overpriced since the light rail construction was blocking the entrance from the east. There was construction of a building taking place next door and right outside our window. Construction workers were on sight early Saturday morning and loud pounding going on. Breakfast was adequate but no meat dish provided.

The hotel was close to the Mesa Arts Center and the hotel was clean and beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and reception area clean.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Very enjoyable
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything I did not like.

Bed was super nice and comfortable and furnishings/carpet were super clean. Location was very quiet. Loved the fresh baked cookies in the evening.

It was nice and cozy, but some parts uncomfortable.

The rooms weren't the neatest. I work at a resort myself and it would've been nice to be warn about the construction going on next door. Also it would be nice if you guys could put better comfortable chairs in the rooms.

I like the bathroom it was clean and the beds were nice a comfy.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Nasty Apple Court under my bed
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that the pool was locked and you couldn't go swimming and the hotel rooms were dirty we found an apple core under our bed I would like a refund or a voucher

I really didn't like anything about the hotel

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

lovely hotel

I really wanted to get in the jacuzzi but it was scorching HOT! Wasn't a comfortable temperature. Other than that, nothing else!

Love the hotel, price, room, breakfast, staff. Great hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

50/50

I called for an early check-in and whoever I spoke to seemed to be bothered I asked. When I checked out the lady didn't say anything.

It was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Much Better than Expected!!!

Location is in an iffy neighborhood with construction on the main road. However, the front desk guy, when I called for help finding the hotel, came outside and flagged me down. Excellent customer service.

The room was much better than I had planned on. It seemed to have recently been remodeled/redecorated. New carpet, bed linens, bath counter, etc. Always a pleasure to expect one level and get a room that is above your expectations.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

prison in Paradise

,the owners the cleaning people in the night staff suck at this facility they ruin the wholeexperience in the way that you view the property. when was under the old management it was really nice staff was great enjoy yourself greatly but since the new owners took over it takes away from the beauty of the place and your comfort

Staff very very mean and unacomadating. It is a nice place and it had nice furniture and decora, but the staff ruin it altogether, to the hours and the night staff are the real bombers in the whole deal

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

If the Baymont Inn is rated an 8.3, I would hate to see those rated below them.

Shower had problems with pressure & noise. The room was cold. The air conditioning was on high, and all the knobs were removed (preventing adjusting). The cold made it necessary to use more blankets than normal for Az. But with the way the bed was made, it was almost impossible to get the blankets pulled loose enough to completely cover up. there were a number of places where wallpaper was pulling loose from the wall.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

A nice place to stay for the price

We were on motorcycles and a secure place to park would have been nice.

Room was clean and comfortable, the desk receptionist was great in assisting with a cab and we arrived a little early and he gave us a room that was ready.