Reviews of Comfort Inn Towson 2 stars

8801 Loch Raven Boulevard, Towson, MD 21286, USA

#5 of 6 hotels in Towson

Damp room with mould/mildew smell. Peeling, "bumpy" wallpaper. Really old, out-of-date (1970s) decor. Unresponsive staff. Disrespect of posted breakfast hours - breakfast opened 30 minutes after stated opening time. Stain on bedspread. We were promised a partial refund which we have never received.

The bathroom is very outdated, the staff were ok they could stand to be a little more enthusiasted about their job. The front desk staff just seemed to be unbothered about anything. Not alot of cable stations thank God for firesticks.

Everything I needed to get to was close by

There was too much furniture crammed into the room. There was a deep red rust problem in the water on my first morning that prevented showering and all uses of the water. It was explained as a county-wide problem. It cleared by late afternoon.

The bed was firm & comfortable. Halls were quiet.

There was dirt spots on the carpet. The shower head was broken. One of the lamps in my room didn't work.And there was a cigarette hole in the spread on the bed.

The room was comfortable. The location was great. The staff is always very nice. Plus their breakfast is good.

The room was completely run down. Wall paper peeling, stains on the wall, broken furniture with nails sticking out. The room was very tiny. Rug did not appear to be clean. It is a smoke free facility but there were cigarette burns on the bathtub and the blanket! The worst part was the odor of the room was horrific and the lock on the door was broken! The key pads at times would allow us in, other times a master key was needed to gain entry!

Customer service was good. Breakfast and coffee excellent.

Everything. This room was more the size of a closet. 2 people cant fit. Bed too old and soft. Grab bar in tub falls out when you touch it. Tiny wooden "closet" door didnt close. Bathroom door looks like it was chewed at the bottom. Entire wall by bed looks like they just threw plaster at if and however it landed, it landed. Wallpaper peeling. Ruffled carpet. Tub drain pitted.

Check in took forever - needed more than one person at the desk. Hotel very old and run down, room smelled funky and stale - but clean. Sort of a sketchy area

Surprisingly quiet and low rates. Chosen as it was convenient to Towson and cheap.

Smelled like weed and smoke , woke up in the middle of the night to 2 people screaming and having sex, as almost as if they were in the room with me. Did not feel safe as a female traveling alone

Shower didn't have very much water pressure. Also, the rooms and lobby area needed an upgrade. Everything looked old and tired.

Rooms were very clean and very close to the area I wanted to be in. Also, price was very reasonable.

First room smelled like cigarettes, though staff quickly and happily moved me. Generally looks a bit in disrepair—seams in walls standing out, worn furniture.

Staff was welcoming and accommodating. Bed was comfortable.

We never write negative reviews, but this was unacceptable. HORRIBLE accommodations, waste of money. The worst place we’ve ever stayed at.

Parking lot had enough spaces

It could have been cleaner , but it sufficed. The room was also quite small with a king size bed . Our stay was nice over all , especially for the price .

Beds a little uncomfortable but ok for one night stay

Staff very friendly, hotel was quiet. Breakfast in Am was a plus. There was a large party going on with music when we checked it. Was concerned by the noise but at a decent hour it ended and we were able to get a good nights sleep.

Couldn't sleep Saturday night due to guest was very loud apparently was a party or wedding there Saturday night an guest was loud an singing ,shouting in hallway at 3am in the morning didnt sleep at all it was the worse experience ever I normally stay here but not sure if I would return.

It was comfortable friendly staff..

It says it’s a non smoking hotel. The room we got smelled like a ash tray. It was so bad that we couldn’t even stay the night there because I was having problems breathing from the air quality. After a few hours of weezing and trying to breathe we left. Once we stepped outside to fresh air i could breathe again. The rooms are super small also. I will never stay here again.

The bathroom sink was clogged. That was annoying.

It was comfortable and relaxing. The breakfast was also sufficient. The front desk was accommodating to our early departure.

I asked for towels at 8am and if my room could be cleaned. I left and came back around 7 pm to find my room still not touched a rat on my bed😠😠😠. I packed and asked for a refund since the room was not cleaned and dogs in the next room barked all night so no sleep..then the rat!! I slept in that bed the night before and was going to sleep in it again. I was so angry. Then he asked what i wanted him to do about the rat before i asked for a refund. He just wanted to make the bed....no. I asked that at 8 maybe if they did do it they would have found the mouse before i did. Smh

Check in was simple but it was 3 in the morning. But during the day everyone was very mad rooms were not ready even though check in was 3pm and it was 7pm. Alot of people asked for refunds. It was crazy and house keeping was working slow.

Beds were hard as rocks No ramp for steps to get to my room Carpet in main areas was dirty Door locks didn’t work all the time even with Front dead personnel trying to figure it out Front desk clerk wasn’t especially friendly

Easy check in and out Cleaning lady was especially nice

The breakfast was fair. I stayed in a Comfort Inn the night before in Blacksburg, Virginia and there was no comparison in breakfast and comfort items in the bathroom. The room was clean but older and difficult controlling heating/cooling system.

I don't drive so getting to and from the hotel was difficult with traffic around the area

Nice and quiet place to relax and enjoy, free Wi-Fi and continent breakfast also!

broken alarm clock that flashed the incorrect time, phone with flashing red light at bedside- I covered both with pillows, bath tub was old and very chipped-up

good location, comfortable bed, quiet, hot shower

Floors we’re sticky in elevator and lobby. Carpet dingy and beat up furniture in room. Smell of marijuana coming from vent in bathroom. Drunks hanging out in hallway.

The fitness center had 3 pieces of equipment but it was fine for our needs and we were the only ones using it.

The breakfast was good with nice selection. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I normally do not sleep well in hotel beds but I didn't want to wake up from this one. Hotel room was clean and suited the purpose.

I was supposed to check out from the hotel on the 16th of March 2018, when I woke up that day I immediately called reception that I would be extending my stay for more two days and I wouldn't be able to go to the reception for payment because I wasn't feeling fine I had an hangover I was tired I wanted to sleep that they should charge my card for the payment since the hotel has my card details, few hours later the receptionist called police on me to throw me out of the hotel maybe because I'm black or they don't want African people in their hotel. I paid for a room with 2 beds they told me no visitor can come into me room I wasn't allow to bring in any visitor. They also charged me $100 for smoking in the room without my consent after I left the hotel premises and I never did smoke in the room, that is stealing, it was easy for them to charged me for smoking but they couldn't charge my card to extend my stay when I instructed them to do so. Stealing and Racism. I am very sure they can't do that do a white guy.

NOTHING AT ALL!!!!! I didn’t like the room at all!!! Upon our arrival at check in the staff was nice but the lobby was dirty. When entering the room it smelled, the carpet was dirty (inside the room and in the hallway), the shower curtain was torn and the tub was dirty, the computer chair was old and frail, the furniture is falling apart....the place isn’t clean and I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone!!! I’m very disappointed. I’ve stayed at several Comfort Inn’s and this has been the worst experience of all.

Staff was rude all vending machines out of order. Requested ground floor and got top floor. Accosted in the lobby by a man asking if we wanted to "party" slang for buying drugs and/or prostitutes right inside the lobby in front of Staff and no one said or did a thing. Would NOT recommend or stay there again. I would expect that at a flea bag motel not a hotel and especially not in front of the staff like it's commonplace.

The guy at the front desk wasnt pleasant. The front desk staff wasn't welcoming or as friendly as I expected.

Parking was good...room was clean..bathroom and bed were clean.

Room no.229 and 231 attached do so disturb from Room no.231 It was so horrible night for me. Finally I changed Room.

Breakfast was good advise to add Bacon slice too

The little closet in the room took up space in the room. My curtains also did not close all the way.

The property was right off the highway and easy to find. I like that the parking was available at the timeI arrived.

The tub had dirt and something stuck to it on the outside of it. The room was very small for the price I paid.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff that I encountered was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Carpet inside the room and hallway is so dirty and smell bad, so small room, aircondition is so wired it’s hard to sleep and i was so disappointed that we cannot to late checkout, they said late is only 11:00 am. My boyfriend work at night shift, and didn’t hav good sleep .

Bathroom is clean and I like the room having microwave and mini refrigerator

First morning shower had no hot water. Room was cramped and there was no microwave to be found in any public area. “Comfort” is an overstatement for this hotel and I’d I had to book again, it’s a no!

Bed was good. Parking good

Very poor management that was very unfriendly. Maintenance issues in the room led to a need to change rooms at 330a. They were unapologetic and refused to accommodate for the inconveniences until the corporate office was called. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND

THE BREAKFAST WASN'T UP TO PAR. NOT ENOUGH FOOD. I THINK THERE WAS A BASKETBALL TEAM STAYING THERE. THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER PREPARED.

I LIKED THE SQUARE PILLOWS.

First night tub was dirty/clean the solution used to clean was still on the sides and residue was in tub. Did not happen for second night

I have been coming to this property for 40 plus years (under different names) I liked the full restaurant and bar with week end entertainment. Now it is a bed and breakfast which is fine.

Bathroom, room and the service.

The room had a rancid ordor, as if it it was musk or fungus related. It seemed as if someone previously smoked in the room. The plumbing didn't work well, and overall it was not cleanly. I will NOT stay there again.

Breakfast was very minimal and made my boyfriend sick, room smelled bad because you couldn't open the windows, room service was very pushy due to management telling her she didn't clean all the rooms

Hotel in general was very quiet.

TV and microwave and refridge in the room were very cheap and barely worked! Considering the money paid, these appliances could have been better!! The toilet flushed very slowly but did eliminate the waist.

the complimentary breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean, however, the air conditioning was not good. At first we were cold and then the room became very stuffy even though we had the controls on hi cool. The toilet flushed very slowly, but did flush completely. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again. It newer tv's though. No current flat screens for the money we paid!

place was old and tired. needs a remodel. staff did the best they could do with what they had to work with. Overall clean but tired.

Great breakfast. beds were comfortable

When I went to bed the bathtub was clean. The next morning it was filthy. Obviously there was backwash from the tub pipes overnight. I couldn't get out fast enough. This must have occurred before. It took multiple calls to get any redress of the yucky situation. Getting into the parking lot was a bit of a challenge having to enter trough another lot

I went there specificly they offered breakfast but we didn't make it on time were not clearly noted I assume check out was 11 breakfast should be till than

Smoking area too close to front door. Choked on cig smoke. Front desk clerks seemed very tired.

Overflow breakfast room. Breakfast set up staff very sweet and friendly.

The whole place needs to be remodeled. It's readily apparent the wall paper, furnishings etc have outlived their usefulness. We had two rooms, one was musty smelling when we arrived. I found the rooms to be rather small.

cleanliness was good

The managers at front desk have a nasty attitude soon as you come in too check in maybe racist but the whole damenor was uncalled for ! and their tv channels was horrible !!!

the bed was pretty soft ! that's it and the free breakfast

The "manager" was rude and actually raised his voice. I asked that he call the GM to get us our room. I will never stay at a comfort inn again.

Absolutely nothing.

Overall, the facility is in need of renovation. The heating/ac unit in our room was literally falling apart, and only minimally effective. Holes in the walls that had been patched were very poorly repaired. The place is shabby.

comfortable bed, good breakfast.

The room had a bad odor. The furniture was old. The shower and the lamp shade in the room had brown like rust stains. Nothing was updated in the hotel

I like the channels that were available on the tv

Unsafe environment

Their was men out front of this facility soliciting women for sex and I was approached by one of them. I asked the hotel workers to call 911 because one of the guys became irate to my husband with threats once my husband stepped up to protect me! The staff at this business stood around and did nothing but call a renter cop security guard with no experience about protecting people constitutional rights and that it's his job to protect all visitors! This place is subject to a lawsuit because it's the hotel job to call 911 when a customer requests it! It's my constitutional right and they deprived me of that and did not make me feel safe in this property at all with my family

not much it was okay people up all night walking over my head couldn't get good night sleep. people all in the hallway just wasn't the place place for me to stay. i had a funeral to go too and couldn't get the rest i needed

The humidity and cleanliness of property. Pool was landlocked the majority of the time we were there..one of the main reason we booked there.

Location...close to family

The small bedroom for two queen mattresses. A little confusion on the entrance of the property. The overprice value of the room did not correspond to the quality of the room booked.

The welcoming customer service, the breakfast was good, the free wifi too.

One of the elevators was not working and we had to wait a long time for the other one. Our room was not cleaned while we were there. The pool was very dirty.

The staff were very nice and friendly. They were also helpful. It was a great location for our needs although we missed the entrance the first time and ended up back on the highway! :) We are booking it again for October

Hotel dated/dirty carpets. Friend had bugs in his room. Room was sprayed with a freshener that was too strong; seemed like they were trying to cover something.

The entire place was disgusting! It was filthy and the elevator were expired! I have pictures! I couldn't believe how filthy the carpet was in the entire building, including the breakfast area!

The hot water

this facility smelled the minute we walked in our room. We lifted the top blanket to look at the bed like we do every time we go to a hote and there was a bug crawling across the sheets. We went out to ask if we could get a refund for the second night we paid for not even for this night.. they refused

The carpet smelled of mildew throughout the property. The room bathtub was filthy. They ran out if towels and washcloths. The pictures show this amazing room and bathroom but got there and it was completely different. There was no microwave or fridge. Only two movie channels everything else was the news. The staff was not all that accommodating. Never staying there again.

The free parking

When we pulled up, the hotel was so shabby looking, and there were questionable people milling around, that we didnt even go in. Big disappointment and rip off.

Making U-turn to get into the complex. Air conditioning unit too loud, even with the fan low. Shower head was a bit low.

Proximity to the class location. Reasonable price and accommodating.

Food was disappointing. Access to Breakfast room is limited due to too many tables and chairs. There is an overflow room the extra tables could very easily be used in. Very difficult to maneuver around other guests due to the furniture.

Front staff was courteous

The 2nd elevator was still unavailable as reported from numerous prior reviews from other customers but a contractor was there daily & it was neat to look down in the shaft. There were only 2 handicapped parking spots but there usually were ample spots close enough. And last of all the woman that checked us in had a heavy accent & WOULDNT smile & acted like she didn't like us :/

The a/c unit kept the room nice & cool; and the beds were so comfortable! We brought our own DVD player and watched movies from the library plus others we brought from home. Breakfast room had eggs, bagels, muffins, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cranberry juice, cereals, toasts, danishes, tons of stuff. Pool was wonderful. The older man that ran the place was friendly & very kind. The maids checked on us daily, & the popcorn from machine was awesome!

It was not clean. The carpenters in the stairwell was wet. The overall feeling of the room was unclean. I don't think I would go back to that location!

I liked that was inexpensive!

The hotel had an odor to it. the carpets were extremely dirty and the overall feel was just not clean or sanitary. At 12:30AM a gentleman unlocked our door and tried to gain access to our room scaring myself and my daughter to the point that we put trash cans and chairs in front of our door to sleep. Very unsettling! Elevator did not work. They should invest in a carpet cleaner.

Value! You get what you pay for!

The hotel is an old property that has not been updated and needs to be, but it is still a fair value for one night, not multiple. The Wi-Fi was terrible. It took forever to connect and every time I would open my computer or get back online on my phone, I had to go through the slow process of trying to connect as if it was the first time.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Neighborhood was unappealing and seemed dangerous. The facilities are in much need of an overhaul. Toilet bowl in room was stained and so was the shower. Room smelled of mildew and the outside of the property there was trash and overflowing trash cans. The place is marginally clean - meaning the minimum was done just to save face. I do not recommend this place.

Bed was comfortable.

Entire room and stink at the hallway, tub won't drain, you need to flush the toilet twice.No microwave you need to go to the lobby to warm your food, people are loud.Elevator needs improvrment.

Somebody clean our room

Everything. This room was worth no more than 49.99. It was awful, the furniture was falling apart, the sink didn't drain properly. The sheets inched. Oh trust me I examined the room with a fine tooth comb thank God there were no bed bugs.

The shower

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The room was smaller than I expected. The bathtub had chips out of the enamel and it didn't look clean. The towels and wash cloths smelled funny. The lighting in the bathroom was bad... it seemed to make everything look yellow. I thought the towels and washcloths were yellow but in light in living area , they looked white.

The breakfast the first day was okay. Ended up eating the cereal that was okay. The bed was comfortable. The location had easy access to freeway. There is a very nice Total wine store right on the same property for those interested.

One of the elevators were down and the other elevator took to long to get to the floor.

The beds were amazingly soft and super comfortable! The shower made me feel like I was getting a massage from a spa!

Place was showing it's age. Made it hard to feel like things were clean. The stairwell was especially rough, had odd smell, carpet worn down to almost nothing.

Had the expected amenities: hot and cold breakfast choices, coffee in the lobby, wifi, TV, etc.

Little bit outdated, some broken furniture, one headboard had an edge piece missing with the nails exposed!

They had 3 great professional waffle irons! Breakfast was good. Location for us was great! Internet worked well, a bit on the slow side, but not unusable at all. Low latency, decent speeds (I got about 5-10 Mbps down and about the same up) and no other issues. In contrast to most hotel internet experiences (even when they charge extra) this was a good experience.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

One of the elevators was not functioning and we had to take the stairs every time. Wallpaper was beginning to peel from the walls. Vending had soft drinks only--no bottled water. Plates in breakfast area were very cheap and did not hold up to waffles, eggs, sausage.

Conveniently located to I-695. Bathroom was clean. Several choices at breakfast.

The property could've been a little more updated in regards to furniture and design.

Check in was quick and easy, the staff were friendly, and my room was clean.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The elevator was slow and one of them was broken . The breakfast was so so . Overall I was not satisfied with the cleanliness. I kept my shoes on in the room because the rugs seemed really dirty and the halls smelled really bad . The hotel had a scent of mildew and gym sneakers .

The building had a damp feel to it and the carpets could have been cleaned.

I enjoyed the fact that for breakfast you had the option of blueberry or strawberry waffles and had sausage and eggs. The bathroom was amazing. Great size tub and comfortable.

Checking in took too long as the manager had to call booking.com and acted like he didn't believe me about the price. He wanted to charge me much more for the room. The room was dirty and the sheets did not smell clean. The place was a little bit run down and had a bad smell. There was no computer as it was broken and I needed to use a computer.

parking was convenient